Online friends dissolving

So for a lot of people, a big component of online gaming is the social aspect. Losers who might not have too many friends in real life meet each other online and have fun playing games together. At times it almost feels like real friendship.

Then inevitably every one or two years I need to find a new group because the previous group has moved on with their life. They outgrew gaming in some fashion, usually by finding a GF or developing their career. It’s like their couple years of being a shut in loser just vanish, and they evolve into normies and chadlites. What gives?

I’m a 30 year old loser and lonely bros. Every year it becomes more and more awkward, because I keep getting older but my online friend groups stay the same age (~early 20s). When will I outgrow videogames? I’ve been grinding apex legends, and don’t have anyone to play with. I can’t wait until I’m 45, and I sound like a fucking middle aged father. Except the difference is that I’ll be sitting alone drunk in a studio apartment gaming by myself without any real life or online social circle. Just shoot me senpai.

Attached: 1522320782625.png (381x353, 36K)

stop playing online

id rather watch a movie than play a single player game

I don't understand your problem op
Do you have steam?

lol

I'm a 20 year old zoomer and i play nearly everyday with this guy in his 30's I met who lives across the country.

>At times it almost feels like real friendship.
This is the wrong mindset to have - it is real friendship

It can be close to real friend ship, but I don't think it counts until you meet in real life.

There is a bit of anonymity on the internet (even if you have their phone#, snapchat, etc), so people will more readily shut you out if you are just an online friend.

Another thing that determines age group is what game you play; Broodwar and Diablo 2 (which are both still more fun than their predeccesors) playerbases are in their 30's usually. Any new popular game like Apex Legends will obviously consist of much younger players.

Why do people want friends? It's a fucking waste of time

Then go watch a movie and quit games.

can all dumb single player gamers get out of my thread please? thanks

I agree that transcending friends > having friends > wanting friends
I'm still not quite ready to ditch everyone i know but reading stoicism is helping me, i'd say i'll be ready in a year or two after my next meditation

I think i have decent irl social circles, even if they people i truly consider friends are close but ive actually always had major trouble making friends online, i really don't like online multiplayer games so thats a massive aspect of it and the only multiplayer stuff i do like are rhythm games and fighters which are always better in arcades or irl so i don't know,
I tried making friends with mutual followers on social media sites and try to start up conversations about similar interests but i always end up getting told im forcing the friendship or just am too annoying and clingy and i just give up, i dont have this issue with my irl friends, online friends just seems like a myth to me

the* people

If you can't keep them after their interest in games fades then you were never actually friends, try getting to know people on an intimate level. Just don't be weird about it.

lol

You're a massive faggot who is filling his lonely void with multiplayer shit. Learn to embrace yourself and time you spend with yourself.

>have friend in middle and high school who was always nice to me and super influential in terms of showing me new games
>lose contact around college years
>always wanted to hang out and game but we never got the chance
>find some old games he let me borrow awhile back
>cant find his number to even text him and give them back
>cant find him on social media either
I don't know what to do bros, my girlfriend said reconnecting with someone like that you haven't seen in 10 years might be a bit risky because maybe theyve changed too much and i would normally agree but i don't know, there was just something different about him, maybe its too rose tinted/for the best

i think giving up on human interaction is even more pathetic than OP, believe it or not

>closest friend said he was stuck in a gas station in Colorado while on his route yesterday
>haven't heard from him since
>check news
>record breaking blizzards all across Colorado
>bomb cyclones
>reports of massive 100 car pile-ups and widspread blackouts
Please pray for him

Attached: 1516577765353.png (283x343, 92K)

woop, if you're reading this I still want to talk to you it's just been too long to be able to start a normal conversation out of nowhere please help

-flow

I didn't say give up. Just don't base your entire self around others

I've had the same group for the last 4 or 5 years

You are probably younger than 25 with this mentality. Your tune will change when you're older,I 100% guarantee it. You'll see.

I'm 29.