Yay or nay?

Attached: 220px-Far_Cry_2_cover_art[1].jpg (220x279, 31K)

nay

Contrarians:yay
people with a brain: nay

It's half decent, although the gameplay lacks any real fluidity.

>African bush driving simulator
>Patrols aggro from a ridiculous range and stay mad forever
>Didn't I clean this place out 5 minutes ago? Oh yeah, respawns
>Why does this piece of shit gun start jamming after 3 clipazines?

Still played the shit out of it but nay.

eh, s'alright for a slow evening

there's a mod that rebalances the game somewhat (like removing that toning down that 5 min respawn timer and replacing it with something of a chance to get stumbled upon another patrol)

It's ok
Gunplay is fun, fire is fun, visuals are good for what it is, shooting bush people with their somewhat interesting ai is fun
Tutorial/opening takes forever, fuckall mission variety, forgettable story
boot up once in a while to shoot brown people with dylan's mod/10

i presume you never put your hands off the gun, even when swimming? I've noticed that the brand new weapon starts to look really dirty if i get into the water when holding it. Immediatelly stopped being a problem once I've taught myself to hide those away whenever there's no fight around (presumably MC keeps those in a sealed bag or something)

Deeply flawed, but it's still a unique experience and contains a lot of little details that modern Far Cry games lack. Definitely worth trying out.

The only far cry game with soul, 3 was also allright

Honestly no even though it is my favorite Far Cry game, traveling around the map is very tedious and all the objectives are repetitive as hell. The plot and characters are garbage and the lack of friendly npc's will piss you off, but there is no other game like it in the series and open world games in general. If you can tolerate all the frustrations and like immersive games you'll maybe dig it.

Attached: desert.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

Yay but expect an extremely flawed game. It's one of the best 7/10 games out there

>FC2
African merc hell experience
>FC3
Tropical vacation gone wrong
>FC4
Finding inner-hero in south-asian mountain range
>FC5
Lone cop trapped in crazy but serene redneck backwater

They all do their theme really well, and they're all practically the same fucking game. Casuals always hated the relentless obstacles and difficulty of 2 though (despite that being precisely what it has over the others), and to counter-act that recently people have been hyping the hell out of 2 to compensate.

Is FC1 a joke to you?

>Finding inner-hero in south-asian mountain range
More like
>You're working for the villains the whole time

just realised that this is the only game that has sensible amount of bloom (i.e. using it very sparringly) and the only game that I never turned it off immediately

Attached: 20180428162115_1.jpg (1920x1080, 504K)

Yay. Awesome game with one major flaw and one minor flaw.

Tonally, FC2 is very different from all its successors

>shitter blamed the game for guns jamming
literally git gud. respawns were a real problem though.

Completely different game, although it has roughly the same setting and theme as 3. FC1 is just Crysis without the nanosuit or allies.

it wasn't a timer. they respawn instantly when you leave their "zone." the zones are incredibly small and poorly placed. i remember one outpost had enemies that respawned if you walked to the other side of it.

Yay. Fun multiplayer. Would wake up before high school and play some great custom maps. What was that one that was all gray concrete and had paths all over where you could fall to your death?

How so? I find it similar to 5 in that you end up in a hellish situation but nonetheless have a job to do. Whereas 3 and 4 are "find yourself" stories.

>be 15
>freak out and buy it
>LOVE the shit out of it
>like the stupid challenge of it
>map creator was fun
>play online with them
>online was fun to
>try to talk cousin into playing
>"Nah bruh, I'd just be racist and shoot all the blacks."

The sequel to FarCry 1 is Crysis. Ubisoft just took the FarCry name for their own FPS series, which starts with FarCry 2.

Nay. Despite of what some youtube celebs want to make you believe, FC2 isn't better than modern FC.
FC2 is probably the worst of the bunch. Incredibly boring, incredibly repetitive, incredibly annoying and glitchy.
Don't waste your time with it.

Nay.
FC3 is way better.

Crisis was really boring tho. Graphics comparisons was all anyone talked about with it.

Far Cry 2 seems a lot more stoic and grounded in reality to me. The later titles are wackier and let your piss around with motorbikes and gliders

>respawns were a real problem though.
Why do people keep saying this? The devs obviously chose to have this over having the map end up completely empty. It's fine if you don't like this feature to be in most games but here it makes sense, there are infinite mercs to the extent that a minute after you clear out an outpost some new dudes from the same company will just drive down to re-defend it.

FC2 isn't a game where you chase after the main story missions, and therefore find stuff like jamming and respawns to be a time-waster, it's an immersive game where you appreciate all the bullshit happening to you in every battle. Game is insane on hardest difficulty.

yay for a few hours then it gets old
dropped as soon as I saw how disappointing the FAL is

Attached: 1531935602711.jpg (1650x1275, 266K)

it's more polished but it also lost any sense of danger.

The patrols are considered this because of Skyrim and FC3. You Clear a place, it stayed cleared a WHILE. I added mods to Skyrim to put in patrols, harder PCs, more challenge. No one likes challenge anymore.

This is true enough, but Jack Carver from FC1 is the Jackal in FC2.
You know it's true.

Yeah it looks great in the desert region, at least the visuals are fantastic when it takes 20 minutes to get to the objective.

Attached: Didn't fly so good.jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

2 has a glider.

>it's more polished but it also lost any sense of danger.
Yeah that's what puts it in at 2nd best for me.

2 > 3 > 5 > 4

But I played 4 and 5 solo so perhaps that's why they seemed less interesting to me.

have you played any other far cry? if yes, then no. if no, then yes. its good but later games have QoL improvements that make going back to 2 a chore

Because it's not fun to go to a checkpoint, clear out the chaff, and come back two minutes later to do it again. That's busywork.
>muh immersion

It's sensible to keep the map from becoming a ghost town, and as you said it fits in with the context of mercenaries wanting to resecure an outpost you wiped it, it's the respawn after few minutes part that's a problem. I wanted to be able to go somewhere, clearing guard posts on the way, do something, and not need to fight my way back through the same guard post. If i go to the opposite side of the map, or spend a couple hours in town / a safe zone, that's enough time to sensibly expect new guards to arrive at the outpost.

Why are you intentionally clearing out checkpoints? Are you playing in a way that you consciously tick off objectives instead of playing simply to survive while focusing on each mission? You don't have to kill everyone in every checkpoint, you should really be avoiding those and patrols.

>Be 12 when this came out
>Turn off the in game music
>Have Ghosts I–IV from NIN playing low in the background
>Avoid driving when I can to soak in the environment
>Dart gun
>Pisol grenade launcher
>Silenced MP-5
>That sense of complete isolation

Far Cry 2 is a kino experience, but god damn it is jank as fuck and the story is a poorly told riff on Heart of Darkness

Attached: 1551133818076.png (356x583, 136K)

What you say makes sense for most games. But surely for the tone of this game it's cooler and more unique that the backup guards are constantly refilling the outposts? That conveys the relentless fighting. You have the latter games for a more relaxed and less dense enemy.

>12 year old
>plays the game better than most adults (look at all the casuals complaints ITT)
based

Yet at the time it was known as Jeep Simulator.

Regardless to the problems, this setting WAS in fact war torn Africa. Why the fuck do you think that taking a stroll through a place should be chill? Why the fuck do you think that the rebel factions, high on drugs, would not just restock every camp killed with fresh child soldiers? This was not an island with a bunch of pirates, it was a small country with retards funneling drugs, money, guns, and fresh meat for the grinder.

>using the jeeps
Failed the kino experience at the outset.

>Jeep
The only acceptable vehicle is the buggy

it was like testing before fc3 really. They polished things like blockposts (you can liberate them and enemy will stop spawn), fraction war (you became attached to a specific faction and you were actually a member of it), and "phycho" antagonist (they kinda return to dubious and jakal type of antagonist since fc4, antagonist from fc3 was pure evil enemy).
remembering the game now I would say that there were cool breeches in it, you really played the role of a mercenary (doing work for one faction and then for another). repetitions are not so conspicuous when you are a kid, so its really "yay"from me. atleast like 12 years old me or some shit.

Nay.
It aged like milk unlike the 1st game or 3.

I loves to pick the Russia character with the bandanna on his arm then slaughter through the game with nothing but an AK and the .45. I got REALLY good and ambushing the fuckers and letting the road pile up with enemy vehicle and tossing grenades. Goods times.

Nay