Drop a negative steam review after 1 000 hours of playtime

>drop a negative steam review after 1 000 hours of playtime

Attached: 5tr98hofjgb21.jpg (510x527, 27K)

>game gets an update that ruins everything
>you aren't allowed to complain about it if you played the game for a specific amount of time before said update

Attached: wot.png (400x400, 207K)

>Best game ever it's so beautiful 10/10 best game I've played this year would recommend

>2h played
>.5h played

Attached: 1517589881149.jpg (360x360, 55K)

>play game for 500 hours
>leave good review
>devs change something on the base game/engine and end up ruinning player's experience
>change good review to bad review
>"NUHHHH HUH HURR DHURRRR UR NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE BAD REVIEW WITH MANY HOURRHDHURRRRRS"

Attached: w1544316809692.jpg (638x1000, 87K)

those are the only reviews worth reading because the person behind it knows so much

It's not their fault that walking simulators and indie platformers are so short.

>game gets one bad update
>suddenly the 1000 hours you spent mean nothing

Bullshit, it's just people thinking they own a franchise after playing it for so long and if the devs don't bend over they throw a tantrum.

>rating games based on how they were instead of how they actually are

>Would recommend game before
>Can no longer recommend game after update
This is how reviews work, you clod. I'm convinced everyone who laughs at long playtimes leaving bad reviews is an immense casual that has never put more than 50 hours into a video game in their life. You would never understand the ability to enjoy something enough to play it for that long then to have that enjoyment ripped away from you as they add cash shops, a "wider appeal," or straight up lie to you about updates being free until they come out and they're actually not.

>suddenly the 1000 hours you spent mean nothing
Correct. Unless they have a time machine, new players won't be able to play the pre-update game, so all the fun the reviewer had doesn't exist in the game's current build.

This. I'd rather read an honest review from someone who knows all of the ins and outs of the game than a "this game fukken rox xD" from a guy with 3 hours played.

I don't think you quite understand how time works

Seems pretty based to me

Are video games the only product that actively changes after you buy it?

>give game a positive review
>update suddenly ruins the game making the review invalid
does this ever happen?

Attached: 1540571547436.png (1999x1323, 1.33M)

Its happened to me literally every time I end up taking the time to make a positive review. Within months.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: the-culling-7-1.jpg (640x360, 165K)

Yes. Nothing off the top of my head, but I have witnessed the complaints.

So you are saying that someone who has played a game for 1000 hours doesnt know ita flaws and faults the best, OP?

Are you mentally deficient?

TF2

I left a negative revieew on a game I had 2000 hours on because they banned me for using hacks, yet I never used one, talked to a GM of the company and he told me such cases exist and there was nothing I could do

what game?

>or straight up lie to you about updates being free until they come out and they're actually not

>were making a battle royale mode!
>Oh... can you guys please not?
>ENTITLED GAMERS
>6 months later, the game is effectively abandoned in favor of working on this fucking BR
>When it comes out it costs 20 fucking dollars for another "early access" period
Swedes keep making fun games but then are completely unable to manage them after release.

The only game i did this with was chivalry: medieval warfare

How else are you going to know it's shit?

Attached: 1550360463620.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

>NEGATIVE
No retard, its recommended or not recommended
I have 4k hours in DotA 2 but there is no fucking way I would recommend this game to anyone, doesn't mean its a bad game but I would not recommend it

Any software is like that, even professional stuff. But you can download older versions or alternative programs since you just want to get your job done, while online-only games with shitty updates can only be "fixed" with chinese-made server emulation (pirate servers of older versions) that usually is quite hard to find and set up.

dumb ass zoomer. steam reviews are date dependent.