I want to pick up one of those replacement Switch joy-con shells with a D-pad because fuck owning a console without a...

I want to pick up one of those replacement Switch joy-con shells with a D-pad because fuck owning a console without a D-pad, but I'm struggling on picking a color. I'm not a big fan of transparent shit, but white is boring as shit.

What should I get?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 481K)

Pink

white

>transparent controlers
i don't know why transparent looks so retro.

Can you get these transparent shells already installed?

Blue.

rainbow

Translucent

Pokemon

Probably because it was in the '80s and '90s when it became a fad for all kinds of electronics, but then it very quickly ended in the early 2000s when people fell for the Apple meme and suddenly all electronics had to be glossy and white because "MUH FUTURE AESTHETIC". Fuckin' hell, even Nintendo bought into it with their Wii and DS Lite designs.

I've heard not to bother. There have been just enough complaints about creaky, shit-quality plastic to put me off of it.

because it was common to see in the 90s and even early 2000s. Clear shells are awesome and need to make an offcial comeback

Attached: GBC-clear-purp__73775.1472745132.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Green and purple :^)

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x200, 8K)

Aren't those like 100+ dollars? Just get the Hori D-Pad Joycon. It's missing rumble and and can't be used unless it's attached to the Switch but I only ever use the joycons in handheld mode anyway so it doesn't matter and it's only $25.

thanks doc

>fell for the Apple meme
That's funny because they were a big component of the transparent look.

it looks like it belongs in jail (or a prototype model from designer's workshop table)

>they were a big component of the transparent look
They were late to the bandwagon. Apple didn't adopt the transparent look until the iMac, and they played no part in popularizing it.

Sadly they cant thanks to the EU where they force the use of non leaded solder.
Non leaded solder is too shitty that the sun can melt it so clear shells cant exactly be used anymore.

>apple meme
Ds and wii was there before apple meme. Apple meme was also grey not white.

>Engineer here.
RoHS compliant lead-free solder melts at over 200 C°, won't melt due to normal sunlight.

BUT, it leaves the PCB looking like shit, even after wash.

Any how, APPLE PCBs are sexy as fuck.
Wish more companies used black PCBs, and transparent shells to show them off.

>200
Try 140-180°C.

Still, not melting over normal sunlight

>>Aren't those like 100+ dollars?
No, they're like 20 bucks AND you don't wind up with a piece of shit that doesn't even have rumble and IR.

>>Wish more companies used black PCBs, Fuck black PCBs, they make seeing the fucking traces a pain in the dick.

Where the fuck do you get them for 20 bucks?

Tell that to apple phones and laptops where they melt at 90°C.

Everywhere?

A vasectomy.