Tales is dead

Tales is dead

Attached: 1552576297718.jpg (1000x1000, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W3SA9LuqQgA
youtube.com/watch?v=WbmCKT3XSAU
youtube.com/watch?v=OgUhrhnqkGk
youtube.com/watch?v=2cqRoEfzXh8
a.uguu.se/mkU833MzIEpt.rar
game-i.daa.jp/?ゲーム関連銘柄/7832_バンダイナムコHD
youtube.com/watch?v=wl3iUduepXM
youtube.com/watch?v=o6DZhqiUhVk
youtu.be/BcCmMn1zVvk?t=27
youtube.com/watch?v=_nsDUPGU5Nw
youtube.com/watch?v=Xp1aDxhF768
youtube.com/watch?v=3qSoLwky5Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=-D58-SqdO14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Tales of Vesperia is so good! It's just a shame Sonyfags will never get it!
>Play the remaster
>It blows

Velvet is easily the best protagonist Tales games ever had.

Velvet is unironically the best and so is berzeria, clearly you haven’t played it retaed

When are they finally gonna show off the new game?
I've been waiting forever now.

I wanna start a family with Velvet

new non-mobile trash game when

why
so
many
belts
?

Are the games standalone in terms of story?

It's funny you make this comparison, since berseria is the only 3d tales game I've enjoyed since the series stopped being 2d.

*Currently in development* is all you're getting until 2020 probably.

Tried to play Berzeria, but the combat is boring.

She's not even the highest belt level

Attached: 1477844866621.jpg (3025x2975, 1.52M)

>*clear improvement*
>X is dead
Get some fucking tastes

Mostly, yes. A couple of them are connected by ancient backstory, but none are direct sequels aside from spin-offs.

Best girl

Attached: 5C9F13FB-6DEF-46F8-A387-F987A486F48C.png (714x1010, 293K)

samefagging porchmonkey
It was very clearly Lloyd.

Attached: who is fucking making these.jpg (635x658, 36K)

What, it has a huge amount of strategy:
>check enemy weaknesses
>map all of the artes that hit the weaknesses to a single button
>proceed to only have to mash one button
That's pretty damn strategic if you ask me. Other games you sometimes need to flail around pressing multiple buttons to keep things stunlocked, which is like the opposite of strategy.

Ludger was such a good character.

not even the best looking girl, much less best overall

>Complete sausage fest
>Finally get a femMC
>Complete slut
What is wrong with Japan?

Zestiria and Berseria are pretty closely related with shared lore and recurring characters

>proceed to only have to mash one button

Boring.

I hate how people forget that Milla was also the protagonist of Xillia 1. Arguably moreso than Jude.

But you're right, still a slut. Even canonically chose that appearance for thottery to throw off opponents

Ludger himself was great, and so were his brother and Victor. Too bad ToX2 shits all over the personalities of the characters from the first game, though.

Was that Cless' origin character design or was it rejigged for the PlayStation?

I swear he looked nothing like that in game.

>image
God, post-irony is just repackaged lolrandum isn't it?

Yeah I wish he got his own game with all new cast.

TOD2 is the best tales.

Look at this cute couple!

Attached: Kyle_Reala_EX.jpeg.jpg (640x960, 146K)

I'm going to wait for the next one before deciding if the series is dead or not...I'm sure tales fest this June should show a trailer for the next game.

Berseria is honestly the only game I had interest in playing and the only one I will have ever played most likely, and I won't even try to hide Magilou and Velvet being the only reason, I'd have played Zestiria with it being set in the same world just for completition sake, but apparently it sucks ass and I shouldn't even bother

Attached: 1520972680586.jpg (969x1071, 458K)

Can't have 90% of the game be reused assets that way. The story and actual main characters definitely deserved a better game than the "let's check in on the previous party" stuff. I guess fractured Milla was an OK arc, but something similar could have been done with an original character, too.

You fags wrought this upon yourselves, with your """"ironic"""" shitposting; you could have prevented this.

Attached: you only had to listen.jpg (472x472, 13K)

t. Karol

Same here. I might give it a try if they ever make another game with a female protagonist again, though.

i know this is a shitpost, but replaying vesperia was an experience i regret. i had such good memories of it, but now i'm a jaded asshole and i couldn't help but pinpoint all the flaws and how the game falls apart the more you progress

Yeah, I understand reusing assets is what made the game possible and I'm happy it exists the way it does.
It's been almost 3 years since berseria and we still haven't gotten a trailer or anything.
I wouldn't have minded another game like Xillia 2 in the meantime.

Lloyd was honestly not that bad, but only because he struck a good balance between being competent and retarded. However, his only purpose in the story was to be the female lead while collette was the hero

Berseria was basically Zestiria 2 since it re-used a ton of stuff. It was time to move on

Still, they could have made hearts 2 for the switch or something with a smaller team while the main team works on the next mainline.
Guess they worked no the vesperia port but I can't imagine that being too much trouble.

I've been enjoying replaying it myself, but it certainly has a fair share of the
>that part
feeling. (I.e. most of the longer dungeons.)

It somehow shouldn't have been too much trouble, but it still seemed to be slightly more than they could handle to get the fucking sound right.

You won't be saying that when Velvet gets confirmed as the next DLC character for Smash.

Fujishima is the best character designer in the series. Inomata iss a fucking retard.
It still pisses me off how they merged the far better and more talented Team Symphonia with the pieces of shit from the dweeb ass Team Destiny,

>people have opinions about game series you will never play

Crazy how good Lloyd and Yuri's designs are. Look super utilitarian and basic compared to the overdesigned bullshit

back in the day when all of the western releases were team symphonia games, everyone was whining about how we didn't get team destiny games. now look where we are

They'll choose someone with more signature tales of artes over her.
Probably lloyd or zelos.

>dur prety ladi so gud :DDD
Velvet is written like fucking shit.
>hey you want some new clothes?
>"nope I like wearing these stupid fucking torn rags"
>"wowwww why does everyone keep commenting on my body tee hee i'm so embarrassed"
>"grr i'm mad at my dad for killing my brother"
>hi actually i'm fine i'm a god now and i also volunteered for it
>"RRRR STILL MAD"
>"SO MAD I'M GOING TO FUEL A GOD FOREVER AS A PERPETUAL RAGE MACHINE"

Team Symphonia was puitting out the best games in the history of the series and those pathetic dumbass weebs kept bitching.
Team Destiny's best game is Destiny DC and that's overrated garbage

>Left: Soulless
>Right: Soul

Maybe they compensated for his dual-wielding by simplifying the rest of his design. However, Lloyd's still got all of the snaps everywhere.
>god tier
Ludger
>great tier
Lloyd
>good tier
Yuri
>boring tier
Cless, Luca
>weird ass midriff tier
Reid, Kyle, Luke
>coattail tier
asbelt, veigue, jude, sorey

>when you went back to replay the original Tales of Destiny on the Ps1 and it's aged like rotting garbage

Attached: 1545078674340.png (1024x972, 594K)

oh I didnt know that lloyd guy was from the tales games. I knew I saw the character design before.

>"wowwww why does everyone keep commenting on my body tee hee i'm so embarrassed"
Never happened.
You... never played the game I see.

I still laugh when I remember my youth browing Gamefaqs forums watching idiotss complain about the lack of Team Destiny games, when Namco was making a very sensible decision of localizing the actually good titles instead.

Merging both teams was a huge mistake.

I would have much rather had Destiny DC than Graces F

My dumbass brain took over half an hour to figure out the Destiny DC water lowering/rising puzzle.
I wish these games had actual dungeons with mechanics again.

lmao, get the fuck out of here and go play symphonia my dude. legit it only gets good over 10 hours in, though

Did you just forgot about xillia 1 and 2, destiny and destiny 2, and Symphonia and Symphonia Dawn of the new world?

Having played both, Graces has better combat and far more content.
Destiny DC has a better plot and characters, but even those didn't age well

Woman really do ruin everything.

>hating cranky pirate

This guys knows. Unlike faggot OP.

You have literally not even played this game, drink bleach you fucking autist.

My main complaint with Graces is the lack of the overworld just kills immersion, especially when it was done so badly. It and most of the games after it just feel like corridors connecting setpieces. Compared to something like Abyss or Vesperia where the actual geography integrates into the story to some extent.

meant for

imagine smelling velvet's rags she's has been in for eternity in a showerless prison

It's not a shitpost, I was playing it for the first time and it's genuinely awful. The story is worse than Tales of Xillia 2, and the party is absolutely disfunctional, unlike Tales of Berseria. I hate the game, and dropped it after twenty five hours.

Given that she doesn't have to eat or drink, I'd assume she doesn't sweat either.
So they would just smell like nothing.

Can we get the Wolf Team back?

don't assume anything

That's my experience with vesperia as well.
Played it for 20 hours or so before dropping. The story is so fucking boring.
I stopped a bit after Judith joined the party.

The characters were enough to get my attention, the shitty gameplay and level design wasn't enough to hold it until the end.
Why the fuck are Jrpgs still designed around limitations od 90's consoles?
Even PC titles from 1996 are much more advanced in terms of UI, level/world design and combat.

Attached: Tales of Berseria 2017-02-25 01-49-36-75.jpg (2880x1620, 764K)

Xillia 2 has one of the best tales stories and Vesperia has one of the worst, so that's no surprise.
>dysfunctional partyI
I thought the party in Vesperia was surprisingly functional for one that admittedly involved a large amount of traveling together due to convenience or having nothing better to do.

The level design was better in the past, that's a recent thing.
Even on the nes and dos they had way better level design.

Tales of Phantasia's level design is *far* better than Berseria's (which is essentially just large outdoor empty corridors followed by large indoor empty corridors). So the level design is not a function of console limitations, but due to developers getting lazier.

Yeah you didn’t play Berseria.

>The characters were enough to get my attention, the shitty gameplay and level design wasn't enough to hold it until the end
My experience with Berseria in a nutshell.

>developers getting lazier
And Japanese gamers becoming absolute casuals.
They just wanna look at the map marker for where to go next for the VN to continue.

am I missing out if I didn't play Zest?
even though I liked berseria

its really one of the worst tales games ever created, its equally bad as tales of abyss.
propably babys first tales game

>If I pretend to be retarded, I'm right

Attached: moria_mine_floors_1-10.png (840x481, 38K)

Velvet is extremely cute and a perfect wife.

Attached: moria_mine_floors_10-21.png (605x1316, 71K)

Most of our "PS4 exclusives" were originally designed for PS3 and Vita in Japan. Games like Yakuza 0 are actually PS3 games with a lot of polish.

you really dont.
its a good game for the first half, but then the game starts to go downhill and gets more and more disapointing.
its like the game throws everything away it built up.
theres even a story behind it

I liked velvet. Acts in her own interests with little regard to any collateral damage. She understands she's selfish but continues on anyway cause she has such a lust for revenge.

Cless is as generic as it goes, from his design to his personality. Velvet is a complete improvement.

and it's not even the bottom floor

Attached: 57666.png (474x607, 24K)

Never give Snoys anything
They'll just whine

Now post a map from one of the newer games.

Attached: kanonushi.jpg (740x3255, 348K)

this.
not even jsut the edgy female part, velvet had a clear goal, an interesting personality.
the character was just really well made.
she alone had mer story atached to her then whole vesperia

Cress was boring, Velvet wasn't.

no, velvet is one of the absolute best designed tales protagonists.
if anything, she saved tales from dying after the zestiria fuck up

which tales game where I could marry the waifu except Symphonia? Abyss is no.

>tales thread on Yea Forums
at least its amusing to see all these shit opinions

And then the supporting cast was just as strong. Berseria was a shit game but the characters were so good, I watched a playthrough to get the story.

>Sonyfags
Wasn't the good version ps3 exclusive? So, Sonyfags hyping up an exclusive, then trashing it when it "betrays" them, like usual?

I want to fuck Stahn Aileron

>Xillia 2 has one of the best tales stories
If making the cast of the first game depressed and miserable and inserting an edgy OC as your protagonist is your idea for having one of the best stories of the franchise i feel really sorry for you.

god imagine the areolas

I bet they are inverted as well.

this.

Zestria had terrible characters. But Bersaria was great. Velvets character actually evolved and changed in interesting and believable ways. I was really surprised.

Attached: 1549737985126.jpg (300x300, 63K)

The original cast was handled terribly and felt shoehorned in, but the stuff with Ludger, his brother, and fractured Milla was all pretty good IMO. Perhaps the original cast feeling so shoehorned in is what allowed me to mostly ignore them.

What do you think is the best tales story, if youo didn't like Xillia 2's, then? Honestly, Abyss and Xillia 2 are the only ones I'd even consider good. Symphonia had its moments too, I guess.

>I thought the party in Vesperia was surprisingly functional
I mean, they work well enough together, but about half the cast can be removed with no real impact. Flynn and Patty are worthless, though they were added on as PS3 extras, so they get a bit of a pass. Rita's only there for blastia exposition and muh Estelle. And Judith's only there to call your airship.

Attached: 3456784553543.jpg (1000x1000, 253K)

Yes

Attached: 1552514919219.jpg (622x1024, 69K)

Played the demo when Berseria came out and the only redeeming quality this game has is Magilou and the borderline /ss/ side character. Sorry, the gameplay is just too shitty to buy it.

Berseria was full Chuuni but despite that the characters were so good that they actually managed to carry the stale game itself. Which is a damn shame, because Berseria's final dungeon is decent and if even half that effort went into the rest of the game it would've been passable.

Still not a fan of modern tales combat tho, Berseria had a decent enough combo system with depth (stop playing ez mode Velvet niggers) but it never grew on me.

Fuck off rugga you triple nigger.

>What do you think is the best tales story, if youo didn't like Xillia 2's, then?

The first Xillia, i don't get the hate for that, honestly. It's a sort-of another retelling of Phantasia's core elements, true, but i really liked the setting and how the characters behaved with each other. Even the whole traitor trope with Alvin felt handled better and more real than in the previous games.

Mind you, i still have to play Berseria, so i don't know the story of that yet.

>Still not a fan of modern tales combat tho
They should just stick to turn-based or action RPG and not this half assed shit.

The in-game sprites for Cless and Klarth looked nothing like their artwork and portraits, PS1 just made them look how they were meant to be

What's with JRPG and belts/zippers anyway?

>Perhaps the original cast feeling so shoehorned in is what allowed me to mostly ignore them
See, that was the problem with me, I wanted to keep playing something related to first game's cast, Ludger story was nice and all, sure it was edgy but this is a Tales game, that's pretty much a given, but it felt so badly inserted that it ruined both the old cast and the new one for me.
Also forced parties, whoever came with the idea of giving forced parties for every chapter should be hanged.
>played Alvin in Xillia 1
>new Xillia game
>Alvin is barely playable in the main story and get stuck with other characters I don't really like playing as, except Jude
>Have to use Ludger anyway because he has the deus ex machina that you need to use to avoid having to grind like an idiot or force infinite and boring combos

I like Sorey's outfit. Im sorry.

>tales of abyss
>bad
Yikes

>Have to use Ludger anyway because he has the deus ex machina that you need to use to avoid having to grind like an idiot or force infinite and boring combos
Fuck that, I use Gaius whenever I get the chance. Everything about him is just absolutely satisfying.

I kinda had a similar reaction, though I'd actually played the game multiple times on the 360 and PS3 years ago and loved it. When I played the remaster, which was the first time I'd played it in about 7 years, I couldn't stand it. Too many damn cutscenes, uninteresting level design (though still better than modern Tales), and the writing, which I always knew was bad, was worse than I remember.

Her outfit design is retarded, but she's one of the few characters where her sex appeal overrides it for me.

I'll admit that I thought the cape looked good in the game, but the rest of it is just kinda boring.

Sorey has a great outfit honestly, he's just a guy wearing a plain shirt and pants with a cloak and gloves. His Zeon alt colour outfit is also glorious and the best costume he has

I keep getting told to ditch ToZ after playing ToB.
Instead, watching the anime is the best option if I want something "more" from this timeline/world.
Is this correct, anons?

Play the game then watch the show to see a mostly improved story but skip then ending since they somehow ruined it in the anime. The game has a great finale and really let Sorey shine as a protagonist

I want to hate Velvet but I am a sucker for revenge stories. Most revenge stories in videogame land pussy out but not Berseria. Therefore, I can't hate Velvet.

Based Scamco knows the audience.

Vesperia is honestly one of those games which feel a lot better to play in NG+. There are so many limitations for the combat in the first playthrough. I'm so lazy to finish it right now 20 hours in.

Destiny DC's are especially impressive too, they constantly pull out an entirely new gimmick every single time. The last one in particular is the most ambitious Tales dungeons ever got.

I replayed Vesperia to think on if I really didn't like the game, or was just memeing off Yea Forums and...

No. Vesperia really is kinda bad. Everyone except Yuri, Raven, and Repede suck. Hell, Repede isn't even a character, he's gone from most cuscenes honestly. Rita and Estelle blow. Karol takes waaaay too long to get good. Judith and Patty exist.

The world is one of the weakest, as bad as Abyss' backtracking was, it had a strong ass worldbuilding but I couldn't tell you about it, and everyone already knows about the plot being shotgunned in the final act. You might say "who cares?" But all the shitty go around the world sidequests means there's not much of a reward besides accesories or equipment, nothing like the Cecil/Frings quest or saving Dora in Symphonia.

Is zestiria good
Is berseria good?

The best ending is the one where Ludger yeets all the other party members to save his brother. The corporate dude would have probably won enslaving the weird earth spirits leading to a happy life for Ludger and his bro. Yeah the earth might have gotten fucked in a couple hundred years but kek.

Fuck Moria and that dumb encounter rate

Attached: 1552542708582.png (624x480, 369K)

Zestiria's... decent, at least until Rose gets involved. As Baba's favorite, she somehow is just as adept as Sorey at "armatizing" which is something that may as well not exist by their time. I think the main issue is that the key term "malevolence" is never explicit defined, so it just flies over westerner's heads. It's similar to a conglomerate level of sin or karma. It has nothing to do with evil or malice, which is what a cursory glance would lead you to believe.

>Replay tales of phantasia
>It's still the best
>Dhaos is still the best villain

Reminder that Tales combat post ToS is hot garbage

Attached: 1552324422150.png (500x379, 190K)

>me at 11 years old
>download tales of phantasia and zsnes
>this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=W3SA9LuqQgA
>get hyped
>get a good rpg from start to end

Do not shitpost using Hayasaka.

Attached: 1547494619683.png (731x578, 371K)

Tales is reclining

Where does this come from? Phantasia's combat is fucking nothing, it's interesting early on when it's just Cless playing footsies with the enemies. Then as soon as you get a party it's about desperately trying to kill the enemies before the spells pause everything for half a minute again. Until you get Suzu and Chester back and the entire thing falls apart as you hold three buttons and stunlock literally every single encounter including the last boss effortlessly. Dhaos is the best villain though.

Ever play the gameboy/remakes of phantasia? Apparently dhaos is from derris kharlan?

This. The major problem with Xillia 2's original content is that it can be potentially interchanjable with other games in the series and it would barely affect them. Just change the returning cast with the one according and the power source with the corresponding one like Blastia or Swordian.

bazongas!

Attached: 1502895860078.jpg (540x763, 134K)

>Why does this almost thirty year old game not have better combat than something released last week

Sure, newer stuff is probably mechanically deeper, but for the time? My fucking God phantasia blows everything else out of the water. Just out fucking classed

nagatoro is shit, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Fine I'll shitpost with Zero Two.
Should have clarified, I'm referring to the 3D games. Abyss had similar combat to Symphonia, but it slowed down immensely with ToV and Dawn

Attached: 1542739839627.gif (323x360, 89K)

t. neofag who never played Berseria.

Samefag. Symphonia's combat was extremely responsive which is why I absolutely despise the slow combat limited by your ability to cheese the combat system with freerun and block to attack more than once every 2 seconds after a combo ends.

Attached: 1548168067301.png (411x765, 439K)

Why did Rays get cancelled in English?

Bazinga

Attached: bazinga-the-big-bang-theory-33926500-500-500[1].jpg (500x500, 81K)

Still one of my favorite games.
Even got a translated repro.

Attached: tales.png (1024x576, 524K)

Innocence R in the west?

Attached: Dueo_pIWwAIoBX6.jpg (1082x1200, 189K)

what does she do when she gets her period

Probably not enough revenue. Apparently the global release merged the two types of premium currencies available together, and with how often the story and events gave the new singular currency, it was really F2P friendly. Maybe too much so for Bamco's taste, seeing that it was shut down so quickly.

What's the best version of Phantasia?

Attached: 1510632034180.gif (550x431, 692K)

Damn shame

Place where pretty acceptable in ps1 remake with those encounter down potions.
But it the snes original the place was a fucking nightmare to explore.
Im glad random encounters are dead in rpgs., exploring where always a chore in older games because of them.

>but it slowed down immensely with Dawn
Are you joking? Dawn's so fucking fast the enemies have almost no time to attack back. It's almost a joke. And Accelerate is like using a lawnmower to slice butter. Except for Zelos, holy fuck, it's like the guy covered himself in concrete.

Any version that isnt snes or gba version.
Snes version is ok but ps1 remake that is only one that is translated got more content and doesnt have an infuriatingly high encounter rate.

Prolly ps1
Is right

Snes only has a fan translation, so it's close, but you get stuff like "I bet she fucks like a tiger"
Gba is... Gba

psp remake that has nariki dungeon x combat

but that has no english translation, so if you want to play in english you have you settle for the PS1 version.

I really like Legendia

mostly because of the music

The series is only getting ports and remasters. Dead as fuck. 2+ years since the last new game.

I bet she fucks like a tiger was a great line though

The Team Cless translations are terribad.

Best to use Absolute Zero translation.
Cless where a completely autistic translator.

>gba version.
What's wrong with it? Is it actually different, or just a minor nitpick?

>Absolute Zero

Attached: 1521860054549.png (529x646, 397K)

The english VA is terrible, the translation is bad, the combat is slower, it looks like ass and the music sounds worse because its gba.

youtube.com/watch?v=WbmCKT3XSAU

youtube.com/watch?v=OgUhrhnqkGk
>just 4 OVAs and not a 26 episode anime
What a wasted potential.

Why do they have so much trouble taking Graces combat and improving on it? Zestiria added the stupid fusion thing that makes combat a joke and Berseria for some fucking reason made every single button an attack, which probably to the developers made it sound like you'd have more attack options than before, but if you examine the numbers and compare the number of different attacks you can do at any one time and have set, it actually has LESS than Graces.

Attached: 1548603675294.png (415x530, 275K)

Reminder that Phantasia was so traumatizing to work on that half the team had to run away and make Star Ocean

PS1 Destiny was bad at the time

How good is Berseria anyways? Been thinking of buying it

>the combat is slower
If this is true, it's the only one that isn't a minor nitpick.

Hallway dungeons, bad story, bad characters, mediocre music.

But when you FINALLY get the option to set an arte and use it any time you want like 40 hours in, the combat becomes a bit above average.

Speaking of recent Tales, I really REALLY liked Xillia 2.The story was kinda sad, but also (in a way) happy and I love what they did to characters from X1 - especially Muzet and Gaius. The soundtrack is not one of the best in the series, but

youtube.com/watch?v=2cqRoEfzXh8

is easily my favorite track in the entire series and I honestly have no idea how many times this has been on repeat.
But...
It's clear that Tales series is in decline for quite some time now. After the horrible experience called Zestiria I just can't force myself to play Berseria, which is apparently good. Vesperia was OK (I played X360 version), but I just can't force myself to pirate this definitive version. At this point the only thing - OK, only 3 things - I want are ports/remasters of 3 PS Tales games. Destiny, Destiny 2, Rebirth. And that's it. I have 0 expectations from new Tales game, assuming there's gonna be one.

That's pretty much every Tales games. Just change mediocre music to awful.

well its almost the same speed.
But the spell animations are slower and that means a lot when you spam spells 24/7 in the game so it really slows the game down.

We know Rutee

Attached: C42oslOVcAEMsL4.jpg (1200x857, 123K)

>Spirius Corp theme
I see you are a man of culture.
While Xillia 2 is in my top 5 for sure, I feel it'd probably be my favorite for the series if they included all the back story details such as Ludger and Julius's moms being sisters who worked for Bisley since he as 14 or how Victor obession with Elle coming from his own encounter with an Elle from a fracture dimension. It would have been more impactful to experience in game instead of just in some side book.

Attached: 1546397711577.gif (200x192, 436K)

shit taste

Attached: velvet.png (740x1038, 128K)

There isn't a single tales of game that people universally agree is good or even okay. Even Symphonia has been called shit recently.

Are any of them good at all?

They're good but this is a franchise that takes out its anger at constantly being screwed over by bamco by blaming each game's fanbase for killing Tales so you'll never get a straight answer

I'd say yes but if it's worth anything, it is universally agreed that Zestiria is the worst.

Attached: 907536c833235b3318bb16ecca01e3d9.jpg (1200x901, 907K)

Don't judge a cover book by it's look. You don't care about Tales, ur just a baiter.

I hate Elle.

Play Phantasia

>the translation is bad
Nice meme.
People just like to shit on it because of the Ragnarok/Kangaroo blunder.

Zestiria is merely the worst that most people have bothered playing. Tempest is an absolute abomination, and is worse than Zestiria in every possible way.

>Rina Satou
Also the best voiced protag.
Eleanor's progression was my favorite. She started out believing in law and order, then realized compassion is more important. This realization was fulfilling to watch.

Attached: __senkawa_chihiro_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_and_etc_drawn_by_kamille_vcx68__a97ef7f75cac89566d23f4 (1500x2000, 1019K)

>There isn't a single tales of game that people universally agree is good or even okay.
AHEM

Attached: toddc.jpg (215x305, 21K)

>team symphonia put out the best tales games prior to the merge
>post merge they made mediocre crap

glad that hack baba is gone

>Will I like any of them?
There is only one way to find out, user. Just play them for yourself.

Bamco really needs to port to modern systems the PS2 Tales games.

I liked Zestiria better than Berseria.

Getting shit on in this very thread. Though the reception would be really interesting if it actually did get ported to something people could play it on. Replayed it and Vesperia at the same time this year and it's amazing how much Destiny shows it up in terms of pacing and quality vs quantity of content.

I actually forgot tempest even existed.

just imagine if they produced a new engine or at least overhauled that dated one and Velvet and Sorey returned to save tales, together, in the future.

But wasn't Symphonia always called shit? They always gave Luke shit even though he's only 4 years old and realistically all his friends and psychopaths like Jade are the bad people, not some dumb manipulated kid. And at any point Ash could've stopped being butthurt.

Reminds me of this

Attached: Cubari Facaccimo.jpg (929x549, 124K)

Tried to play everything after Symphonia, the combat is atrocious and I don't know how people can call these Action RPGs, you just have to combo juggle and use consumables and you win.

Also went back to Symphonia, couldn't enjoy combat anymore.

Granted, at least Vesperia and Symphonia have good stories.

Reeeally wish they'd finally localize this one.
To make things worse the fan translation was dropped.
The series unfortunately never got much popularity out of japan until symphonia which is when most of them went 3d, and I don't like most of the 3d games including symphonia.

My only issue with it is the sheer number of "backtrack to this previous location to see a small little missable scene necessary for the best weapon/costume" moments in the game. At least the remake lets you retry bossfights for those stupid secret missions.

That's literally every fanbase dude. Tales isn't even close to the worst of it like Zelda or FE

Attached: 1552445114597.png (1000x1237, 460K)

Attached: 1543821554638.png (680x975, 530K)

Recently got Berseria and am about 9 hrs in. It was not what I expected when I heard it described as an ARPG. It's more like a regular RPG with the only difference of inputting buttons for combos instead of menus to attack. Are all Tales games in this style? I was looking for combat more of along the lines of Ys or KH.

How long would it take to take all of that off and on again?
If she did laundry and had to fold it how would she do it?
Would she be able to identify each individual frayed piece of clothing?

Attached: 45.png (660x760, 685K)

Ayyyyyyyyyyyy fuck you queerboi

>If she did laundry
If she could do laundry she would no longer be wearing that shit in the first place.

Attached: 20181109102542_1.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)

>Inbefore "I was merely pretending to be retarded"

Attached: 1551328644461.gif (264x240, 2.52M)

I'm objectively right though.

I hate the Tales Of art style so much I wish I could set everyone who owns these games on fire.

OFFICIAL ----[REVISED ]---- TALES OF OPENING SONGS RANKING

>GOD TIER
Zesteria
Abyss
Vesperia
Innocence

>HIGH TIER
Graces
Xillia
Symphonia (GC)
Rebirth
Crestoria

>MID TIER
Berseria
Xillia 2
Hearts
Legendia
Symphonia (PS2)
Phantasia
Rays
Symphonia 2
Twin Brave
Reve Unitia
Asteria SF

>LOW TIER
Innocence R
Destiny
Tempest
Eternia
Narikiri Dungeon X
Radiant Mythology
Radiant Mythology 3
Asteria SoLaD

>SHIT TIER
Destiny 2
Radiant Mythology 2
VS
Link

Attached: Alv.jpg (960x1280, 250K)

>Velvets character actually evolved and changed in interesting and believable ways. I was really surprised.

>I'm really mad at this guy for killing my brother
>I actually had a good reason for that and also he volunteered
>I don't care I'm still mad
>The End

Just beat Phantasia. Which one should I play next?

How much more of Symphonia is there after Kratos betrays you?

Game just started.

Really? It feels like the entire cast has already learned all their spells, do they get more or do you just deal with it until you get the other party members? When does Collette's brain get fixed?

>When does Collette's brain get fixed?
can't fix what's been broken from the start lad.

I ain't talking about Lloyd.

Attached: 1551423910054.png (306x499, 196K)

imagine being this much of a fag

>>/reddit/ is that way

Attached: judith tales of vesperia.png (1036x1182, 954K)

Is the Tale Series supposed to be cliche/generic/bland looking anime the game? Is that the appeal of it?

For a real answer, almost every tales game has an obvious set of 3 acts, and that's the end of symphonia's first act. So about 2/3rds of the game are left.

I generally don't agree with this kind of shit, but this is spot on IMO

Berseria is absolute shit. Being better than the Zestiria trainwreck doesnt make it a good game

So this is the power of weaboo shitposting

The bigger and better Tales of opening tier list:

God Tier:
progress

Great Tier:
Yume de Aru Youni
Kane wo Narashite / Ring a Bell
Eien no Ashita
Flyaway
with you feat. me
SHINE
Song 4 u
Hikaru Yami
White Light
Kaze no Uta
BURN
Eternally
We Belong
New Wall
Adventure

Good Tier:
Yume wa Owaranai
Flying
Sora ni Kakeru Hashi
Key to my Heart
Starry Heavens
TAO
good night
Yume no Hate
Almateria
Tenkuu no Kanaria
HontoUso
VS
Mamoritai ~White Wishes~
New Day, New Life
Be your wings
illuminate
ACROSS
Mirai kara no Hikari

Meh Tier:
Hikari to Kage
Nininsankyaku
Garasu no Hana
Scarlet Scarlet
Believe in you
Mirairist

Attached: gaius.png (640x568, 76K)

Does anyone else like playing as Luke?
I know most anons consider him too slow and prefer Guy, but I enjoy Luke's pace.

I'm still happy 230 hours in.

Attached: 1549608175012.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

What happened?

Attached: thennow.jpg (2200x800, 164K)

I have a left-handed swordsmen fetish

Attached: 1546122734628.png (860x1390, 725K)

He looks like a generic fantasy protag. There's nothing interesting about his design.

I always play exclusively as the MC until future playthroughs in Tales games so I think he's fun to play as.

Annie a cute

>tfw Rebirth localization never

Sounds like a problem akin to FE's fanbase

But we got PS3 Vesperia so there's a chance it could hahahaha imagine if they actually cared

Attached: cute navel.jpg (694x552, 92K)

Anyone else like how there never was a 1v1 with Shigure and the lesson learned was "Rokurou we're fucking demons we don't fight fair."

Attached: shigure.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

I hope Lloyd will join in smash ultimate as a DLC fighter, he will save the Tales series from dying.

Attached: TheCaseForLloydIrving_00.png (563x327, 299K)

Attached: 1551508989653.jpg (763x832, 160K)

Attached: TheCaseForLloydIrving_01.png (560x627, 633K)

Attached: TheCaseForLloydIrving_02.png (560x515, 557K)

>Rokurou
If only he weren't so bland in motivation, with no real development.

Attached: 1470272931142-0.jpg (600x757, 173K)

Attached: TheCaseForLloydIrving_04.png (502x965, 895K)

Heihachi makes a sprite cameo in pac-man's Namco Roulette taunt in Ultimate.

Attached: TheCaseForLloydIrving_05.png (562x837, 795K)

Attached: 1548318951039.jpg (1300x973, 357K)

Attached: TheCaseForLloydIrving_06.png (561x744, 786K)

Attached: 4551261.jpg (500x500, 68K)

Attached: TheCaseForLloydIrving_07.png (550x878, 883K)

Attached: 1525021454186.jpg (392x550, 67K)

Attached: 10947587.jpg (920x1272, 1.02M)

Thanks for your assistance

Attached: 1544305784563.jpg (417x600, 120K)

Why do people line berseria?
>dungeons are bland stone walls or generic caves
>“puzzles“ are braindead easy yet still time consuming
>waifu bait mc with no personality
>0 good songs in the ost
>items and combat are overcomplicated with things that lnever change anything i.e. +1.5% damage vs crustaceans
>dub is so bad that I actually switched the language for the first time in the franchise
>mystic artes dumbed down
>no TP means you can win any fight effortlessly through infinite healing
>combos play themselves
>world is underdesigned and chracters are overdesigned
Is this really the future of tales?

No problem.

Attached: 24767967_p3.jpg (730x1130, 336K)

There are... so many?!

What is this expression supposed to convey?

did raven do everything wrong?

Good question.

Attached: 47435208_p5.png (547x700, 74K)

He's fun to mess around with once you get the hang of FOF cancelling, aside from that Guy is vastly superior

>if you help me exterminate the furries things can get cute and funny around here

I found him to fun play as at least, but he's really just "I like fighting for the sake of fighting" other than the whole Shigure thing. He's just a chill dude otherwise.

I don't know senpai, right seems like a pretty solid character design to me and my peepee

I wanna make out with Annie's tummy

>another anime swordman
No thanks.

shigure was the best antagonist in berseria, even better than artorius

Attached: Shigu.png (1280x720, 776K)

How does vesperia run on the switch? Is it way better on PC?

we need more anime swordsmen, five more at least.

Alright, nothing better than that.

!
>dude kill a kid to save the world.
>velvet while understanding this, still wants to get revenge.
>the dude belongs to an evil cult so its fine if she wants to kill him, cant have a morally grey mc!
to bad they chickened out instead of developing her revenge story.

if you want to see a somewhat different take on tales games, pick the snes one. The battles are something kind of unique just for this one version and destiny, and it is one of the most beautifil rpgs in the entire snes library.
if you just want your pseudo fighting game in battles as usual in the series, the psx one still has a lot of soul

gba is utter shit, and the psp one somehow made the battle sprites worse

If you wanna go with a Tales character just go with Arche, there's no witch in Smash (besides Bayonetta) and she fucks like a tiger.

Why are people shitting on Vesperia so much? It's one of the better games.

Edrick, Lloyd, Rex...I'd like a Monster Hunter, but I would prefer it to be a Gunner. If Hayabusa counts as an anime swordsman, I would like him. If I've got to choose a #5, then I pick Bartz.

It would be a lot less bad if the boss bonus requirements weren't hidden since they're completely arbitrary.

The worst part about Velvet isn't her costume, it's the shitty artist with their non-existent shading and mediocre detailing.

Because it's not the 10/10 people have been saying it was this whole time.

I only see 12 on Assbelt and 18 on Sorey. And for Assbelt 5 of those are implied and for Sorey 2 are.

is the gay innuendo in zestiria as blatant as anons make it out to be?

Canonically who is the strongest Tales of character?
Ludger?, Stahn is a fucking tank, though

Attached: 1506409125111.jpg (493x493, 45K)

>"""""innuendo"""""
user...

so it's actually obvious and true with no subtly?

Let's put it this way. Zavied invites Sorey out to the baths so they can check out the beauties. Meebo comes out at that moment, skin flushed. Sorey means if that's the kind of beauty Zavied's talking about.

And in one the side books, Sorey talks about some of his teammates' appearances, and he waxes eloquently on Meebo's delicate features and how no one else compares. To put it into perspective, Alisha got maybe two sentences and Meebo got a full paragraph.

Yes.

How many times did Mikleo hump his Sorey dakimakura while Sorey was out of the picture after the end of Zestiria?

it sounds like i need to play this game before other tales games

only played phantasia and destiny 2 before

Attached: friends.png (550x549, 255K)

The one that ate a demon king

Attached: C4RMq1XWIAApCp5.jpg (1200x873, 176K)

theres a reason mikleo is in all the art with sorey and not the girls

Attached: 1471558515385.png (1876x318, 25K)

I'm gay for Cless

Attached: 67673681_p0.jpg (1835x1324, 567K)

Every Tales games is fucking dogshit.

It's still one of the weaker games overall. But you might like it. Give it a go.

Attached: C_yY176WsAEeAAY.jpg orig.jpg (489x784, 57K)

Ristelle!

Attached: Bsn6U4QCYAEgxSN.jpg orig.jpg (726x653, 64K)

makes me think

Attached: file.png (186x274, 5K)

>Gets called a crybaby (cause she is) by a girl with horrible fashion sense
>Find out girl is a Daemon and realize you're too stupid to know the difference
>Get fucking WRECKED by angry girl, one eyed samurai, baby angel and sexy pirate
>Recover and try again
>Get powers STOLEN by chuunibyou (the lowest of the low)
>Try to recover and use kid for power
>Kid is too strong to control
>Fight moody girl in rags again and get mauled
>Try to kill self to save grace but can't even do that
This girl is fucking pathetic and I love it She's my main and I love spear wielders

Attached: Eleanor_Model_Render.jpg (1200x1962, 270K)

Outside Nininsaknkyaku, I agree with this listing more

Attached: sPMo17c.png (1024x576, 859K)

she couldn't look more generic

She's in uniform to a holy order of logicfags. Of course she's not going to be as stand out. In fact the way she stands out is in comparison to the other ridiculous party members.

wasn't referring to anything but her placid, unoriginal face/hair

Well yeah. It's a Tales game.

>get told beseria is fantastic, one of the best tales games
>it's garbage
>same with vesperia so i try out the remake
>it's even worse

Is the franchise just shit, or is there at least 1 good game somewhere?

Attached: non-understanding.png (501x505, 140K)

Xillia 2 is alright. Largest cast, decent story, good combat. Only problem is it's a sequel so you will need to go through xillia 1 first.

>simple is bad
Is this the reason for the beltpocalypse?

>>get told beseria is fantastic
>>it's garbage
you can never be surprised by the level waifu fags reach

Attached: file.png (567x575, 650K)

fuck, dont you ever care to get the joke?

If you think both are bad then the franchise isn‘t for you. Keep in mind its meant to be played with friends

Eagerly awaiting the next mother title, but I'd really like to see more Zaveid

Attached: Sad_Leblanc.png (209x374, 128K)

>Keep in mind its meant to be played with friends
That's such a weird thing to me. Who the fuck wants to sit through a JRPG with a friend and sit through long drawn out exposition and learning lore?

Cause I want to hang out with them I'm so lonely

what did these heroes mean by this act of bodily friction?

Attached: file.png (474x661, 334K)

God, I just wanna see the new game already

Honestly one of the things I enjoy best about Tales is how they still use the characters and create new content of them even after their game is finished.

Attached: x8ltcto2_640.png (640x568, 371K)

I just wish they made new spinoffs that aren't mobile games

Literally this. I wouldn't even be mad at a shitty mmo or moba at this point. I'm exhausted from all the mobage they insist on crapping out.

I hear you, I love Rays but I still wish it was an actual console game, though I'm not sure if it would have ever gotten an eng translation if it did since we still didn't get Reve Untia which was a non mobile spin off

>want to play
>Combat and visuals look souless

does anyone here have an actual argument or

Why argue with someone who didn't actually play?
>tee hee
Show me the scene with this first.

I have been trying Tales games since like 2010 and I keep regretting, they all fucking suck and are garbage, I don't know how this fucking franchise has a fanbase.

Hearts R
just because very people played

As with many things here on Yea Forums user, autism

Berseriafags are fucking cancer, like their shit game, and their shit waifu. Kill yourselves.

Multiple spin off never got translations. Tales of the World 2 and 3, Tales of Vs, the Dynasty Warrior spin off on PSP

Attached: IMG_2425.jpg (2048x1397, 467K)

Which was why Rays was such a surprise. Crestoria is also surprising after they killed eng Rays after 6 months but who knows.

Attached: 410003.png (1022x575, 930K)

where u go bud?

The mobile games were doing pretty bad in both regions, especial Links. What really killed GLB Rays was introducing a new pay-only currency with exclusive banners a year later, and the Global version died right before that update was going to be introduced.

The series is overall mediocre, with 3 shining gems. If you don't enjoy really cliche JRPGs, then don't play them. That being said, the newest entries are by far the worst in the series, and the best games are in the PS2 era, except Vesperia. And if you didn't like that, then you certainly won't like this game.
I mean, imagine, actually having to sit down and fucking play the game to unlock cool skills and artes. Oh, the fucking horror.

White Day Gaius is cute!

Attached: IMG_2428.png (1000x563, 697K)

ok samefag we heard you before

But the design got better?

That last part makes it worse, not better like you seem to be implying. I'm not a fan of padding like that. Then again, this may just be another reason why Tales isn't the ARPG series I was looking for.

I wish he came home ;_;

Attached: D1CjEQBU0AAyjF7.jpg (800x690, 39K)

JP Rays had pay-only currency from the start. Stop spreading misinformation on games you didn't play, I've seen people claim this same thing multiple times before.
Global died because free players would have access to guaranteed mirrage banners since they didn't have the pay-only currency. They realized the game is too f2p to make any money.

Are you playing too? I've been dumping nothing but diamonds on the Emil banner trying to get Yuri's Overray, and i have not gotten single one of any of the Overrays featured. Raven will literally be the only character i have an Overray MA for

Attached: IMG_2429.png (1000x563, 694K)

>padding
You'd be hard-pressed to play an ARPG that gives you access to everything at the start. Compared to most of the series, Vesperia gives you enough at the beginning that you can play around with, before making you totally broken by the end.
Good luck enjoying video games without the drive to play them and master them.

Menu patch when?

>tried playing JP Rays a while ago
>Got my nigga Mythos, Gaius and Ludger
>Have to look up a thing to understand how it works

fug it doesn't feels the same when you don't understand a single thing

Attached: holyfuck.jpg (226x195, 11K)

The games wiki is actually kept up to date with every characters weapon and arte enhancements at least. Other than that, every event is either a grind currency event, or community raid boss.

Don't rope him along like that. Vesperia locks away so many mechanics early-game, it's fucking mindboggling. No character switching, no overworld avatar switching, no backstep until Deidon, unable to chain in altered artes, pathetic overlimit that only lets you burn through TP.

IF THERE IS EVIL IN THIS WORLD,
IT LURKS IN THE HEARTS OF MAN

I'm playing as well and I feel you man. I actually don't think I have anyone's Overray yet since I've mainly keep pulling seasonals. I just realized the irony of not ever pulling once for Victor's too since I've been pulling all the other Xillia 2 gachas this year, especially when I did want him. But outside of getting every single MA from the vday gacha at least twice but Muzet's (along with another copy of Magilou's first MA which still makes me sore from when I kept pulling hers instead of Mint's during the June Bride gacha), I don't have much to show from any of them. Rays is pretty nice to play outside of this though and I wish us both luck in this gacha hell.

Attached: X9a5iPN.png (1024x576, 912K)

Again, what a chore, you have to fucking play the game to get the game to open up more and more. How preposterous that a game demands you play it. And you're fucking delusional if you think you can't work with guard cancels and FS shenanigans.

Tales ripped off Heart of Darkness?

Velvet is practically invincible

Mikleo is supposed to be a girl in Zestiria, right ? Why the fuck they change it ? to please fujos ?

Tales was dead ages ago

Are you brain dead? You said Vespy's so great for giving you enough to play with, more than any in the series. I point out that it locks away more than most, then you throw a fit? Yes there's guard canceling and other techs, but how does that invalidate what I said?

They knew Zestiria would get met angrily with lots of valid criticism so they added fujo pandering as a way of protection.

Attached: 1499111977577.png (1100x1042, 863K)

a.uguu.se/mkU833MzIEpt.rar
Month or so ago.

Attached: 441551532525.png (635x476, 519K)

I started during last years Christmas event since that was Judith's debut and i did nothing but toss every thing i could get on her banner. I swear Karol's seasonal MA had higher rates than anyone else on it, i pulled that fucker enough to max limit break it. But i at least got Judith and most of her stuff at max, and Repede's seasonal while getting Raven's OMA. I ended up pulling more on the God Eater collab since collab characters are Rainbow anima, and i cant invest in having full teams for each anima color in the game. I think i'll be saving for Summer after this anniversary is over, with the hopes that Judith gets a beach bikini seasonal. God speed to you too, my man.

Attached: IMG_2431.png (1000x563, 639K)

Probably Ludger since he managed to beat Bisley even though big daddy absorbed Chronos' power in addition to the Chromatus being Origin's Void. Motherfucker's strong and he probably fucking hates it since it cost him everything that he held dear

Attached: 1543898493183.jpg (850x800, 249K)

The writer's excuse was that they didn't want romance to distract Sorey from his mission as the Shepard, which is exactly why Sorey pushes Alisha and Roze away in the story. If Mikleo was a girl they probably would have had to do the same, so they made him a guy to avoid that. Sorey and Mikleo's relationship only works when they're the same gender.

Meant for You need to rename the pnach fix for the cutscenes to 471CAE84 as well.

the writer is a fag then

That power was really only temporary though and Bisley mentioned that using that much power would turn Ludger into a catalyst real fucking quick.

Hey, I play Rays too, though I've abandoned the idea of ever pulling an Overray MA since the only one I've ever laid my hands on was Victor's and it took a lot of diamonds. This is fucked.

Attached: -mirrage_full-_Chosen_Path.png (1024x576, 1.21M)

Yeah, that too, being Ludger fucking sucks

game-i.daa.jp/?ゲーム関連銘柄/7832_バンダイナムコHD

Rays is doing really well in japan for bamco. Of course it's nowhere near their mega hits like Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Idolmaster, but it does better than most of their other IPs.

Imagine what it's like to be the Ludgers in the fractured dimensions though. Go through all this bullshit just for Chronos to say it was all for nothing because they were't in the prime dimension. Our boy got off easy.

This fag got BTFO so hard he abandoned the thread.

Being Victor just sucks even harder then

Attached: 1543898384271.jpg (1200x795, 783K)

Attached: D07U8NgUwAAnw4_.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

That's what happens when the best your series can produce is an 8/10, but never a straight up 10/10.

It took a shitton just for me to get Ravens. Your best shot is the current OMA anniversary banner, because it'll be the only time you can use diamonds on a step-up, but the pool only has Tales MCs that have gotten one, so Victor isnt in, just Ludgar.

>Judy beach seasonal
Man, I'm glad that Rays at least allows you to buy a characters outfit with in game currency if they debut with one because I might have used all my diamonds on her just for this. Not that I had anymore diamonds to spend anyway since Klarth's event was right before hers and I spent everything I had there since I've been waiting for best boy to get a 3D model since I've gotten into this series
>tfw considering buying the "choose your MA" deal even though I know it's exactly what they want you to do after having countless futile pulls

Attached: DtkH1mgVYAAYiU8.jpg (1000x712, 110K)

That's the part that makes her believable instead of just saying "Okay I believe you" and die. She was mislead and her whole life was made hell because of those good reasons. She is flawed and selfish but she acknowledges it and is willing to go through it until the end.
To bad they had to pull the "uhh actually he is kinda evil" crap like user pointed

Where did the "snoy" meme come from?

>wanting to get rid of the pain and suffering in the world is evil
I bet you don't even know why birds fly.

Attached: 3426848_p0.jpg (500x422, 61K)

Don't fall for Bamco's dark jewish practices, lad. I swore them off after spending a hefty sum of money in Ace Combat Infinity. Never again, it's not worth it.

Sony's recent censorship policies.

Ok, but that user said she developed but she kinda didn't outside of treating the pet healer better.

haha estelle's dress looks like a flower

pretty sure it was when sony moved their global HQ to california.

It's just mindboggling how many years it took for that insult to come out, I mean it ain't even that complex

>tfw no tales skins in ace combat

Fuck Idolm@aster, I want to fly a Sheena F-2A

They didn't have such a policy until last year, though. Before, it was Nintendo getting all the criticism about censorship and kid-friendliness.

I was considering rerolling since every banner thats up has a free multi since its anni. But i've put too much time on this account, and i would lose out on Judith since she's not in any of them. Damn wish they had released a Christmas seasonal for her during her event.

Oh there is going to be some kind of livestream event where the devs/voiceactors will be playing the Dhoas event, and depending on how they do, all players get rewards including a good bit of diamonds, so look forward to that in your gift box i think afew days.

I WANT TO CUM INSIDE VELVETS EVIL CUNNY

Are velvet's hot pants barely covering her clit?

You're the mouthbreather here. My point still stands, because even if you have to play up to a certain point to unlock that stuff, you still get it. And there are few Tales games that open the combat up to the degree Vesperia does. At the beginning of the game, you can still busy yourself with what I mentioned in the previous post. You're of the opinion which many faggots here regurgitate, which is "Oh man, why does the game want me to play so I can do more stuff? What the fuck?" I am of the opinion that it's a fun game that only gets more fun the more you play, you benighted faggot.

Kill yourself retard, Velvet is the best protagonist from your shitty series.

When are they doing a new Tales of the World? I want my job system. And my Kanonno.

Thinking about it, it is pretty strange that they included this years New Year's gacha in the anni gachas but not the Christmas one too. I did pull all the steps though but Julius and Ludger still escaped me. This would have been a great chance too, I started seriously playing JP during last year's anni as well.

Also thanks for letting me know, more to throw down into the White Day gacha.

Attached: 1548290913767.jpg (600x800, 64K)

Sorry, mobile games are too profitable to bother with that

I think the mobile game has taken the place of that. They've really slowed down making in-universe crossover games. And all the Kannonos are in it.

No your point doesn't stand, you illiterate fuck. I don't get how you can jump through these hoops just to try to keep Vesperia on this untouchable pedastal. You specifically mentioned "the beginning" and now you're backtracking and saying "you get it eventually". I agree that mechanics should gradually open up as you progress through the game, but you're being a pretentious cunt about it.

Velvet is meant to have sex and give birth to lots of kids

What did she do to deserve all the rape and gore art?

Attached: images (1).jpg (739x415, 19K)

>my kanonno
Here you go, my dude.

Attached: Screenshot_20180327-190304.png (1080x1920, 1.5M)

Attached: 1528979172999.jpg (683x646, 64K)

the sprites in SFC Phantasia were based on this piece of art, back when it was known as Tale Phantasia. the new designs are actually in SFC Phantasia, on the status screen. they must have been redesigned fairly late into development though, which is why the sprites look nothing like the official artwork. in the PSX release, all sprites were updated to match the official design.

Attached: TP_Characters.jpg (960x636, 182K)

I really wanted to pull on the one with Mint's Wedding seasonal, because just having that access to Stop Flow would help so much, but knowing me, i would get someone else on the banner. I at least got Ix's summer and Reela's halloween MA from the free pulls.

>illiterate
How fucking ironic. Read back through everything I fucking said. Not once have I contradicted myself, and you're point is non-existent. Vesperia has flaws, and it isn't my favorite Tales games, I simply addressed a flaw many fucking imbeciles seem to have wit the game.
>pretentious
You're utterly fucking pathetic, shit-for-brains catamite. Learn how to read and argue before you embarrass yourself, you faggot.

>Rays having an attractive middle aged men poll
Who's the most attractive middle aged man in Tales? Since females in the series don't age past 23

Attached: attractive middle aged men.png (1563x695, 1.93M)

So, to anyone that's still following Rays' story, can we talk about how Victor almost managed to solo Demitrius, like damn. Saleh looks like a complete fucking jobber too, so does Richter too. What the hell are they cooking ?

Fuck off, rays fags.

I remember playing phantasia for the first time, it was the GBA game. What a disaster. the PSP port was slightly better, but only the standalone. the narikiri port with all the exp changes and other stuff they fucked with was abysmal.

>bowman the bowshooter
>temple the clergy
really now

>Since females in the series don't age past 23
Rowen was originally going to be an elderly woman, but they changed him to a man when they finalized the other characters because otherwise there'd be a gender imbalance

Real men speak with their BACKS

Attached: IMG_2328.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

it's not actually a tee hee but the way she acts surprised and angry when randos ogle her is still fucking stupid
it's like every fucking anime where the guy walks in on the girl in the shower and she goes "KyAAaaAaaAa~~~" and hits him
i'm also not searching through an LP for this shit for you
i have other things to do than f5 this thread all day waiting for people to reply

>Merlin
>"""""""""""middle"""""""""""-aged

I want to cut off her braid and ahoge

Attached: 1551635883410.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

As opposed to the same people arguing about Velvet 10 hours later?

>The characters were enough to get my attention, the shitty gameplay and level design wasn't enough to hold it until the end.
Literally this. That's why I think a Berseria's anime adaptation would be great

Yes.

>Read back through everything I fucking said
Yes, that's how I pointed out you changed from "the beginning" to "eventually", or are you going to say that's not a contradiction?

Imagine a playable Bisley but without Chromatus

Berseria was awesome. It was Zesteria that was complete garbage both story and gameplay.

>bowman the bowshooter
hhehehehh.

what exactly didn't happen that I said did?
- her refusing to wear new clothes
- followed by her getting surprised and angry that people are oogling her when she's half naked
- Laphicet's consciousness telling her he volunteered to be sacrificed
- her getting sealed up at the end of the game with Innominat to be a literal fucking rage battery
ALL of this shit fucking happens

oh and let me also add Velvet continuing to mom-mode Laphicet #2 even though he fucking HATES it and openly tells her so
it's creepy as fuck and she's a piece of fucking shit for not respecting him

Berseria just proves that Bad guy parties >>>>> Good guy parties. Seriously, Berseria's party is fun and full of character development

Phantasia's plot got butchered by Bamco during development and they never bothered fixing it in any remake, spinoff, or sequel.

>And all the Kannonos are in it.
That's the only reason I've even considered playing it, although I don't actually know why I haven't.

Come, join us.

Attached: TCBjvNZ.jpg (768x7344, 1018K)

I got very lost when characters were apparently being cloned? Like i saw cutscene with the black haired OC with the monocle, and then a clone of him joins the conversation as if nothing, and then the little kid version of him is still captive?

She's just teasing him at this point you autistic loner idiot that can't get cues.

that's fucking creepy dude
sorry you're too much of an autistic retard to understand that acting like somebody is your dead brother isn't something you joke about

I'm not gonna bother with you, you obviously haven't played the game or you're actually that retarded.

Turning Gaius from animu Genghis Khan to dorky uncle trying to connect with the rest of the world was one of the best things Tales has ever done.

I'm never playing another Tales mobile with how Bamco treated western Rays fans.

Give it shot, especially now. Theres like 8 summon banners up, each one with a free multi, and one of them is a Tales of Link banner with that version of Kan in it, while the other Kan's are in the rerun seasonal banners.

>Bisley becoming playable without a Chromatus only to later add it in the same gacha with Julius's
What a happy family reunion.
That's fair.

Oh, so you're retarded or literally making shit up? Good talking with you faggot, you posted nothing of substance and made me waste my time. Kill yourself, and do not bother replying.

The game's getting canned, though, right? I might anyway, but it looks like I'll have to look for an apk. It appears to be unlisted.

Jade was the highlight of last chapter.

Attached: bloodthirstyjade.png (1280x720, 1.31M)

Huh? No the Global version was canned ages ago, the JP is up and celebrating its 2nd anniversary just fine.

Only the english version got canned. It's doing really well in japan. See

You called Artorius Velvet's dad. That reeks of you skimming through youtube videos or glancing through a wikipedia article for the ending and then somehow still getting it wrong. Or even worse you just stopped playing near the beginning.

Also I guess you've never had an overbearing sibling so whatever.

Since you're memory is faulty or you're disabled and can't scroll upwards, I'll do it for you.
>Vesperia gives you enough at the beginning that you can play around with
to
>even if you have to play up to a certain point to unlock that stuff, you still get it

If I hadn't already tried pulling for her seasonal so many times for nothing I probably would have tried again honestly. I also got Reala's MA along with Sophie's and one of the Kannono's and while I'm glad to have them, I wish that luck would grace me in the gachas I really want it in.

The whole chapter was bad guy central with Victor giving some exposition, Richter and Ratatosk, Decus, Jade and Yuri exchanging info. It was great.

Really sucks getting an MA for a character that you never gave attention too, because then you have no weapons to slap on them except for the default 3* they come equipped with. They are atleast useful for the Tower guantlet, i let those characters clear out the early floors.

I need to catch up storywise (I've read up til near the end of arc 2) but it's nice to see characters like Victor and the dotnw gang getting screentime. The story's been pretty wild though (though still feeling typical Tales fair).

Xillia (the first one) is my favorite, and it's because of Milla's lisp. Berseria is #2. Not a single character I hate in that game. That's pretty amazing, because I hate just about everything.

Finna snatch up some pink-haired bitches. Thank you.

Good luck

Attached: IMG_2433.png (1000x563, 838K)

If Mikleo were a girl then she and Sorey would be married, and I don't mean "they'd definitely get married" I mean in universe they made an actual marriage vow. The only thing that stops it from being a marriage is the fact that Meebo is a boy.

I like Tales games and think they're fun.

Ayy, I believe in you nigga, reroll as many times as you need to

Me too.

Make sure you hit up the games wiki for translations on weapons and MAs.

Tales of Berseria is pretty good. I just wish the game had a proper sword fighter.

>holy trinity of best tales games
Graces
Vesperia
Berseria

Don't (You) me, you know I'm right.

Attached: 1534029974034.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

I'm still trying to figure out if I'll like them I'm only a notch above normal in Berseria and I only really have trouble with the occasional boss or super monster.

Berseria is the least Tales-like game in the series in term of gameplay.

Berseria is garbage

No the creator said that the way how Tales series mandates romances to be wouldn't work for Sorey's character. Alisha isn't a love interest because she was created to be an unnecessary obstacle, while Rose was just there to be a foil.

youtube.com/watch?v=wl3iUduepXM
youtube.com/watch?v=o6DZhqiUhVk

Attached: kino.jpg (354x286, 15K)

How so? Are the other games more or less actiony compared to Berseria?

As a Magiloufag, berseria is an OK 7/10 game. Saved thanks to great cast of characters.
Its Good, but not good enough to compare the true holy trinity of tales game like :
-Symphonia
-Abyss
-Vesperia

Attached: 143532122321.png (740x867, 299K)

Flat is justice.

Attached: 1526511795042.jpegd.jpg (1400x1754, 620K)

>having your powers stolen by THIS
J U S T

I think Vesperia was one of the few games in my list of games where i didn't want to kill the child character. Karol was really not that annoyng compared to every other kid character iv seen in games, on top of actually growing up.

God I wish Magilou would suck out all my power.

They're just a different type of action. The other games have a set camera, that will always place itself to between you and your target so that it gives a side view, like a beat 'em up or a fighting game. Also, instead of having different artes for all your attacks, you have an "Attack" button with predefined attacks that you can't customize and are much more simple/less flashy, and an "Arte" button to which you assign the artes you want to use.

These designs are way better desu

I wish Magilou suck my fucking dick

Attached: 1551725045337.gif (402x432, 1.72M)

On this day, I feel blessed. Thank you, freebies.

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-221110.png (1280x720, 1.24M)

It pretty much started the who anime cutscenes trend that's infested in modern RPGs.

really they should just go back to Abyss/Vesperia style LMBS. I know it was a shit game, but i remember Symphonia 2's battle system being really good too.

>Vesperia
>Good story
let me know when that happens. I'm like 60 hours in attacking the heracles right now and the story has been an utter snorefest of absolutely nothing happening aside from Yuri deciding to be the Punisher.
Symphonia, Abyss, and Berseria all had stories that kept me interested the whole way through. Hell even Graces kept me interested enough to finish the game.

so what you need a jump button or else you can't consider it an "action" rpg?

I gotta give it to Berseria I liked how there was no hesitation bullshit or if you kill him you're just like him at the end she just straight up murdered the dude at the end.

I haven't played many jrpgs, which one would you say is better skies of arcadia or tales of symphonia? (I know it's a different series)

Tales of Berseria is one of the worst written games in the franchise, and that's saying something because JRPGs are almost always written terribly. Every fucking character barring Magilou is a jaded cynical cunt. It's like Namco thought it was a great idea to make the entire cast a party of Jades. Don't even get me started on Velvet. Also, the ending is shit and dumb. I'm amazed this game got even a modicum of praise.

Attached: 1551054450115.jpg (290x705, 62K)

>complaining about having to wait essentially an hour into the story to unlock backstep
bruh deidon is literally the second area how short of an attention span do you fucking have

Laphicet is jaded?
Eleanor is jaded?

elaborate please

Glad she came to you user.

Seriously. It's fucking absurd that Judith, a character designed entirely around mid-air combos, has no access to Aerial Artes 2 or 3 for over a dozen hours after you get her. She is ONLY a fully functional character at the very end of the game, or in New Game plus with all my heart of her skills carried over. Learning altered artes is also a huge pain in the ass no matter what character you're using.

>Magilou
>not the most jaded cynical cunt in the group
>Eizen, Rokurou,
>not the bro-est of bros
>Laphicet, Eleanor
>even the slightest bit jaded
I think it's your brain that's the problem not the writing. you managed to mischaracterize almost the entire cast. The only jaded or cynical characters are Magilou, Artorius, and Velvet.

>when randos ogle her
When does this happen? The only thing even remotely similar I can remember would be one of the "confession" skits where the priest calls her out on it but she doesn't even really react and just scares the priest shitless by "confessing" how she just escaped from a maximum security prison, stole a ship, wrecked a sea fortress, and burned a port town.

Yeah i think the most she says is something like turning the accusation around on the priest by implying he's the impure one if her outfit bothers him.

Beryl a best!

Attached: 31109587_p0.png (600x825, 494K)

Vesperiafags unironically like to pretend that it's the best story when really it's one of the worst and like to pretend that it's somehow unique when it isn't.

It's kind of depressing since i liked Yuri and Repede's designs, but the game has like no story or worldbuilding. The only thing i'll give them some credit for is throughout the entire game i felt like the empire felt like a bunch of soldiers with no actual leader, and it turns out to be pretty much true. It's crazy to me how little authority Estelle and her brother/cousin/whatever guy have, but then Flynn shows up to tell you the plot of the game, i mean to announce the Coup and that all makes sense.
Literally the only part of the story that felt pretty well done was Raven. I really should use him more just because his reveal was probably my favorite part of the game.

Evolution of gameplay over the course of a playthrough is an important thing in game design, but Vesperia's way of doing it is retarded. If you have to wait until 2/3rds of the way through the game for the gameplay to become decent and have to finish the game and play it all over again for the gameplay to become good then your game doesn't actually have good gameplay in the way that really matters.

Pretty much, I played the 360 Vesperia back in the day and even back then I found that lackluster. The only thing that made it decent was that I played it with my friends. Half the time it feels like it's not even trying.

Based and redpilled

Cringe and yikespilled

A god with no memories or freewill. Or emotions.

I bet you eat shit for dinner

Attached: sample-b9a8b3f7685ccbcf157d804d16dee894.jpg (667x1000, 103K)

Dhaos's character arc was completely cut, Rhea's story was rewritten to be a lead-in to Arche joining, and Cless was made into a generic shounen lead.

How was Rokurou and Eizen not jaded? The former is constantly being edgy and bitchy about his superior older brother and the latter is literally stricken with a curse, and all he does is flip a coin around like an edgier Two Face.

Attached: 1550282093764.jpg (604x597, 32K)

>Finally playing Vesperia
>Like the party dynamic
>Come into this thread
>Everyone's shitting on it

Well ok.

Only people shitting on it are zoomers who mistake their unyielding thirst for Velvet and Magilou as valid reasons for Berseria being "good."

Attached: 1551865988.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

Wat

It's good but it's definitely dated. It's like, smack in-between old school and new school Tales games, and as a result a lot of the gameplay doesn't fly nowadays.

Reminder that Zestiria had the best OST of all Tales games, you liking it or not.

youtu.be/BcCmMn1zVvk?t=27

youtube.com/watch?v=Xp1aDxhF768

youtube.com/watch?v=3qSoLwky5Gw

Attached: TOZ2.jpg (1282x721, 211K)

they spend the entire game joking around building secret bases and teaching Laphicet stupid things.
It's like you didn't watch a single skit or anything.

the gameplay isn't really the problem though. it's the fact that the story is pretty much missing from the game. It's like a D&D campaign that doesn't have a main villain, so they just keep going on random new adventures.

More like tales of Fujoshiteria

>like the party dynamic
Keep playing. The interactions get stale real fucking quick because it's the same thing over and over. Rita in particular stands out glaringly.
>with karol
She hits him.
>with Estelle
muh estelle
>with raven
STUPID OLD MAN
>with blastia
She becomes an expository dump.

Magilou is a broken person that feels little to nothing.

Rokurou and Eizen goofed around all the time and were energetic. Both of them have hobbies and interests outside of their objectives in the party. Are you claiming that just having edgy backstories and goals makes them jaded?

Hello again, Karolfag

Attached: 757c9708ad3ed376de14c8f5b5ea9475.png (700x1000, 634K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-D58-SqdO14

berseria unironically has the best cast and main character of any tales game

Too bad it was wasted on such a shit game.

Eh, that's kind of the appeal, for me. For something as large as a JRPG, I like stories that are structured more like a TV show: many episodes of story that gradually wind towards a larger plot.

Attached: 1551673284.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Did you somehow skip the skit where they lecture not Velvet's SS brother about the dangers of women? They're right of course, but it was still a dumb skit no matter how you slice it. Why are these two characters, who I've barely gotten to know, redpilling SS bait on women? Where is the genuine character development here? These fucks are talking to each other like they've been a party for the entirety of Vesperia's run time. Dumb writing, insincere character interaction, and Rokuou just stumbling across his brother and then suddenly yelling at his cohorts like a douchebag doesn't really endear me to your character, who Namco is assuming I'm just supposed to start liking instantly.

the problem is that for most of vesperia the larger plot isn't really present. It's structured more like an old anime adaption where they have episodic adventures, then when they run out of source material they have to suddenly make up an ending with the few threads of plot the writer hadn't begun to unravel yet.

Blame "muh tradition" for that, the head writer decided against putting Sorey with a girl because he felt that Tales romances were shitty.

Attached: 1551211867.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Who is this head writer? Tell me his name so I can avoid any future Tales of games he's working on.
>replacing a shitty love interest with a shitty gay love interest
Wow, really breaking new ground there head writer.