Tokyo Xanadu, Persona 5

Is it just me or did Persona 5 “borrow” a lot from Falcom’s Tokyo Xanadu?

Attached: 5A0C657B-DC39-4DDD-B5BC-9184ADFAB829.jpg (240x240, 24K)

It didn't borrow xanadu's shittiness

I dont know what that is but i do know that:
1. Everyone "borrows"
2. It really isnt even a bad thing(i mean i liked persona 5 so i can't complain)
3. Persona 5's theme changed a lot during development.

It was much worse

Why comment then? I wasn’t even complaining necessarily

it's just you. p5 was in development for the better part of a decade, long before tokyo xanadu was a thing. if anything, xanadu borrowed a lot from the persona series.

If anything, TX and Cold Steel borrowed from Persona 3 and 4

why are you still so salty? you do realize that you can emulate p5 for free on pc or play it on ps3 if you're really too poor for a ps4, right?

No. Unless you mean it takes place in high school which persona didn't invent.

>Why comment then?
Because i have nothing more interesting to do with my time.

>Tokyo Xanadu
Play an actually good dungeon crawler like Xanadu Next, faggot.

In what way? The Persona formula has been pretty consistent since 3 and if anything Falcom started copying it.

Have you played both games? I’m talking about specific characters and plot elements that seem to have been borrowed from Tokyo Xanadu. Too similar to be coincidence.

TX certainly borrowed the dating simulator part from it and the shit-tier girls that come with it as well

Not talking about the high school sim shit. Talking about the story and characters.

I've played through the entire P5 and that's exactly why i'm calling it shit. It's the most painfully boring and poorly paced JRPG i've seen in years with some of the worst dungeons and the most braindead combat mechanics i've seen in the entire genre.
It's funny that persona fanboys are still trying to turn this into consolewar. Even Tokyo Xanadu, despite being extremely shitty compared to Xanadu Next, is miles ahead of this garbage.

Attached: 1549163645375.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

They came out a year apart you retard. You dont come up with entire story arcs and add them in such less time. P5 has been development since like 2012-13 and so was Xanadu, maybe less for TX.
They are both weeb games that reuse generic anime tropes. You'll find similarities across all these games.

You're completely right

Like what? Xanadu is standard kiseki while P5 is sub-standard Persona

are you stupid? Persona 5 basically took lots from persona 3 and 4. It's Tokyo Xanadu that borrowed from persona.

There was a story? All I saw was two girls, with the shittier one leading to the true ending, and boring Gothic labyrinth after boring Gothic labyrinth. If anything, this game's "level design" was inspired by Persona 3's Tartarus.

TX heavily ripped off Trails

P5 is way better though

Played this game for a bit and it was so boring, should I continue?

Trails of Cold Steel is more like Valkyrie Chronicles 2

Not really, TX tries to combine the strengths of other Falcom franchises, but ends up half-assing it to a maximum. If you want the comfy world-building RPG with relationships, check out Kiseki. If you're more a fan of actually engaging combat with much better music, check out Ys. Or just play the actually good Xanadu game that is Xanadu Next.

It’s decent if you’ve already beaten Cold Steel and want something similar but not as good

And now FE: Three Houses is gonna rip off both off them with the anime high schoo-oh I'm sorry, "military academy" tripe. Funny that.

Attached: 1499483880523.jpg (189x185, 12K)

cringe post, TX and P5 are on the same console family

But I hated cold steel
Guess I'll look for a good game then

>I've played through the entire P5
no you haven't.
>and that's exactly why i'm calling it shit
you're calling it shit because you believed a fake rumor about a switch port and you're mad that it got debunked.
>It's funny that persona fanboys are still trying to turn this into consolewar.
i literally recommended emulating it on pc, how am i turning it into a console war?

No one likes Cold Steel, or they like it much less than the previous entries. It's the black sheep of Kiseki/Trails, and you can ignore all hahafags who tell you otherwise.

All me

Didn't know 3H was already out

This game looks like steaming shit, but are the original xanadu games decent and worth checking out? They're like a jap top-down dungeon crawler right? I thought they looked alright, like a slower ys

Xanadu Next is considered the best out of the games, and I'd compare a game like it to Diablo, if that's your thing.

Like what?

>generic anime tropes
elaborate on these "tropes" of yours, please

>weeb games have some similarities
Ya dont say.