Where did the stigma of PC gaming being inconvenient come from? You literally just sit down...

Where did the stigma of PC gaming being inconvenient come from? You literally just sit down, click on the game you wanna play, and play it, you can mod the games to fit however you want to play, and not to mention you have pretty much every console game ever made up to current gen through emulators, why are there so many detractors? Is it literally because muh couch gaming?

Attached: pc-gaming.jpg (970x653, 59K)

>PC gaming being inconvenient
never heard that

wrists

I have some console gaming friends who think it is, and I just don't get it.

Console marketing selling to people who find Windows intimidating.

I get scrotal ulcers because I won the genetic illness lottery, so sitting on a chair to game is quite uncomfortable.

Console wars. You need to strawman opposite side non stop.

The only comment I've heard that might be an issue is cost, but I gutted a prebuilt I was given, and upgraded it with 300 dollars and now I can run modern games on Ultra. It's not as expensive if you're smart.

>Click on game I paid for
>Doesn't run despite having godly specs
>Have to troubleshoot for hours
>Finally starts
>Game crashes
>Click game on console
>It works immediately

a lot of it is old stigma.

no steam / seamless updates

windows 98 BSOD'ing every time you look at it wrong

insane upgrade cycle when cpus and gpus were actually doubling in speed every 12 months. games actually bringing those new gpus to their knees fairly routinely

drivers issues

people generally terrified of assembling / replacing pc parts on their own, not realising they're just silicon lego these days mostly

tl;dr
you're a zoomer

Console
>put disc in
>play game

PC
>buy multiple parts that cost $1000 for a decent build
>have to manually put together all the components
>keyboard is uncomfortable and confusing since 95% of the buttons have no input on the game
>you have to replace all your parts every 1.5 years as the graphics cards become worse over time and run worse
>have to install a video game license rental service like Steam
>have to play $60 for recently released games but have no benefits as physical copy
>there are constant updates for games slowing down the chance of playing the game
>games constantly crash and run into compatibility problems
>Nvidia gimps their cards with Gameworks to make you buy their newer hardware
>try to play some indie games but most are uninspired rip offs of older SNES games I played
>try a early access to literally alpha test a game with barely any content and runs poorly
>can't let my friends borrow my games without jumping though huge obsoletes and even then we can't play each others games if the other is playing a different game at the time
>try to play older games from my childhood on N64 and PS2 emulators
>try to plug in my controller to use for more comfortablility but it requires multiple drivers and constantly rebind the controls every time I switch games
>download emulator for them but they take a while to get the right settings and even then the games run poorly and are missing textures and other graphical glitches
>try to play older PC I heard from others but the run into compatibility problems and constantly crashes when tried to play
>try to play a fun looking multiplayer game but the game is filled with hackers and childern and young teens constantly spouting memes
>try to play split screen with my friends but hardly any games supports split screen and is a hassle to set up
>start playing less and less and go on Yea Forums and shitpost more about games even ones I never even played

What is the point of PC gaming?

It came from console manufacturers when they started to see PC gaming rapidly overtaking their already niche market simply by having more affordable power and a more competitive marketplace.

They brainwashed their users into thinking consoles are simplicity and simplicity is best. I have a friend who keeps going "oh get an xbox its so simple and simple is better you go thru all this bs with upgrading your computer" and im like "1 its not bs and 2 its cheaper. Yeah it's not gonna be spoonfed to me but thats the price of not getting ripped off blind my dude"

Because PC gaming is in fact different based on what kind of games you want to play, as a majorly FPS player my choice of gaming peripherals is widely different to somebody who wants to play say an RTS game or just some basic league of legends.

A lot of the rising popularity of PC gaming has come down to highspeed internet and cheaper components, but consoles still have more standardisation (you have the same controller as everybody else, you have the same hardware as everybody else, except screen). Its just easier to play any console game you want conpared to being able to play any pc game you want no matter how you look at it.

>much every console game ever made up to current gen through emulators
>current gen
Are you retarded? There isn't a stable xbox360 or even an OG xbox emulator.

Back when I was young and PCs were getting exponentially more powerful I was mad when I bought a game and it wouldn't play because my PC was outdated. I don't own consoles now though

This

Consoles aren't even easy anymore. Any time I try to turn on my Xbox I have to sit through 20 minutes of mandatory console updates before I'm allowed to do anything.

Hyperboles don't instantly prove your point.

>t. either stupid or never actually played on PC

Yhea, is bether to eat shit every day than work hard for 1 week to eat steak for the rest of you life,

If that mental gintastics help you overcome you lazy/zero work policy

>Click game on console
>half of content locked behind dlc paywall
>buy dlc
>cant use it anyway because I dont have online subscription and game is online only
>had to pay $80+$30 dlc for this crap

or how about...

>want to mod skyrim on pc
>1 click, i have nude models and 3rd party stolen assets like link's master sword or a sonic wig
>want to mod skyrim on xbox
>have to buy special version of skyrim
>have to use specially endorsed mods
>no nude mods
>no third party assets.

Or maybe...

>don't like appearance of console, doesnt match house aesthetic
>pull apart console, make custom case for it
>get banned for console modding
>dont like appearance of pc, doesnt match house aesthetic
>pull apart pc, make custom case for it
>get praised and loved on discord and reddit for having a nice build

XBOTS SEEETHING

>food analogy
Classic Yea Forums

I still have to sit through a ton of menus in order to get to my video games, with a UI overhaul every 6 months making everything worse.

My friend tried to tell me his console was cheaper and easier to use... in the same sentence he also told me he had to replace his elite controller 5 times because of the same shitty hardware defect, the console itself twice, and still has to pay for an online subscription after all that.

The diference is that in pc you can always fix you problem,
But in console you cant do shit

Attached: wwww.jpg (950x633, 44K)

>>have to buy specially endorsed mods
fix'd

its not plug and play convenient. you have to deal with the os, drivers, settings, and a lot of shitty problems. when i installed dmc5 my pc decided to stop loading the desktop, had to reinitialize the system from the terminal and lose all my software

Hyperboles don't instantly prove your point.

No, but repeating yourself doesn't disprove my point.

Well you see user, console players are retarded and think anything that takes more steps than microwaving something is "complicated"

Hyperboles aren't points

tfw have console quality comfy with my little steam link, over ethernet, to my tv with a wireless controller in steam big picture

just werkz

fwiw apex legends is actually a terrible example to provide.

there's like a 200 page thread on ea's support forums of people trying to figure out what's crashing their games because it doesn't even produce an error code. i have these crashes routinely. the crashes don't even show up on windows event logs even if they force a cold reboot (they don't anymore).

>This pasta
Anyone who still falls for this is new.

Yes they are.

>when i installed dmc5
Don't install shitty jap console ports than

>cheat in single player game on pc
>nobody gives a shit, i'm free to do what i please
>cheat in multiplayer game on pc
>get banned from playing multiplayer in that game, nothing much else. can always just make new free account and buy game again if i change my ways
>cheat in single player game on xbox
>console banned, cant connect to xbox live anymore on my account, have to buy new console, new copies of all my digital games, and make a new account to play online.
>cheat in multiplayer game on xbox
>literally same thing, except also having to put up with kids saying they are xbox moderators and they are gonna put me down moments before they join a group with me and start begging me to stop

Its ok to be retarded

Your mother isn't always right, buddy.

you're seriously underestimating the amount of people incapable of using a computer

>dont play video games
would have been fine on a console but consoles dont get the game for free

Your mother wasn't right in birthing a mistake

exhibit A

>Pirate game
>It has a virus and borks your computer
>Blame PC gaming
w e w

Okay, see it like this

>Yhea, is bether to walk every day than work hard for 1 week to use a car for the rest of you life

>Yhea, is bether to sleep in a spike bed every day than work hard for 1 week to sleep in a king`s mattress for the rest of you life

>Yhea, is bether to live betwen pigs every day than work hard for 1 week tolive in a mansion for the rest of you life,

put it like you want, is all the same

Pads are more comfortable and better on your wrists. But you can connect them to a pc so that's not a problem. I use a PC myself and I see zero benefits to consoles besides not being able to play 2-3 interesting games. But I wouldn't trade off playing Bloodborne or one day Bayonetta 3 for playing all the games pc have to offer + emulating every game from NES to Wii U and PS3.

There's ton of terrible console examples.

Did you have a stroke and unlearned how to spell?

wide range of hardware & software mean that invariably a game is going to shit the bed on certain rigs

It used to be, 20 years ago. Steam turns PCs into glorified consoles these days. You don't even need to manually run updates on steam, it's all handled in the background.

It's comes from pre 7th get, when you could pop a game and not need patches, hacks, installs or any update.

If you are going to play pleb trash, you might as well play on console

Try gaming on a Linux machine and you'll see how gaming used to be in the late 90s/early 2000s. Workarounds needed to run most games, games that only work with a specific driver version from 9 months ago etc.

>put disc in
>play game
This hasn't been true for two generations now and you damn well know it.

PC
>try to play game
>something went wrong
>game crashes, pc freezes or worse yet you BSOD
>have to spend hours troubleshooting to figure out whats wrong, longer if youre not knowledgeable about computers
Console
>try to play game
>something went wrong
>console stops working
>send to manufacturer and let them deal with it

>>don't like appearance of console, doesnt match house aesthetic
>>pull apart console, make custom case for it
>>get banned for console modding

when has this ever happened?

Back in the day I tried to play VTMB and FF8 at the same time. Had to switch graphics driver anytime I switched games.

dmc5 audio doesnt sync on dx12. game has spontaneous crashes on dx11. multiplayer communities are full of cheaters. many probs w pc gaming. but it is the most affordable option and best value, if that is your goal

every current game of capcom's is worth trying out. yes even for you toasterfag

I am a console gamer because I like the money I spent, and I don't want to learn how to build a computer to then have to sit at a desk. I like being on my couch in front of my projector. I like that I don't have lots of cables

It's not as inconvienient as some people might lead you to believe but there is no doubt that games on PC have a higher chance of just not working on the first try, sometimes it's as easy as running as admin or in compatibility mode but you're deluding yourself if you think it never happens.

why do you namefriend here? the whole site's gimmick is the anonymity

PC
>invite girl over
>she sees my epic gaming setup
>does a 360 and walks away
console
>invite girl over
>she sees the console in my living room
>"oh cool do you have X game"
>play game then netflix and chill on my couch

>marvel vs....
I have reached the age of 18 quite a while ago

PC
>buy $1200 prebuilt, its not too bad, lasts me 5 years.
>cool game comes out, cant quite play it. $150 GPU upgrade and she's good to go
>never have to pay a cent to play online
>discounts for days
>suddenly get a nostalgia vibe going
>suddenly playing duke nukem 3d no problems
>2 decades of backward compat right there in just that one example

Xbox
>buy shitty underpowered hardware for $400.
>games get neutered to be compatible with my shitty hardware
>if i try to upgrade it i get the microsoft police knocking on my door screaming copyright or some shit
>have to pay microsoft for shitty online services that dont work half the time
>backward compat goes back as far as fuck you buy your old games again as remasters
>"""exclusives""" marketed as a good thing, really just wool over your gullible eyes.

Gaystation:
>buy shitty korean hardware for $400.
>ui and controller are hot fucking garbage, the controller hasn't really been changed since the fucking 90s
>hardware still underpowered
>"""but we have vee arrr!!!!""" fuck off cunts its shit.
>have to pay for online service too here
>that gets hacked at least twice a year.
>customer support is a joke
>their exclusives are mostly movies with QTEs. Animated pick-your-own-adventure books where the branching story line is "did you press square fast enough?"

Nintendo
>shitty overpriced $600 hardware
>not many games other than weebshit
>no fireemblem is not a real game go back to >at least they have portable gaming figured out.
>still have to pay for an online service thats shithouse.

>not having both

>Invite girl over
>She sees my PC
>She asks if I play League
>I make her leave

>I am a console gamer because I like the money I spent
Poorfag mentality - you only have low upfront cost, down the line you pay more.
> and I don't want to learn how to build a computer to then have to sit at a desk. I like being on my couch in front of my projector.
You totally can be on your couch in front of your projector, and use a PC.
> I like that I don't have lots of cables
You also can use an equal amount of cables.

I used a couch for about 4 years PC gaming. Keyboard on lap. Mousepad on armrest. Console plebs are just that. Can't troubleshoot their anything beyond their dick.

>PC
>invite girl over
>she sees my epic gaming setup
>does a 360 and walks away
That never happens, it's more likely that they'd just not acknowledge it, or back in the day when not everyone had internet, they'd want on it.

anybody can contribute a low quality post if they like. try it for yourself

99% of posts here are low quality, no need to namefriend just to shout about it

Im sorry you typed all of this out

you're right. im not anonymous anymore.low_quality_posts is actually my real name...

Name/tripfags get more (You)s, even if they're all people calling them a name/tripfag, they're still (You)s and to the terminally desperate any (You) will do.

I'm sorry I'm not in bed already. It's 1:45 am and I'm supposed to be doing something tomorrow but fuck responsibilities im drunk and shitposting on Yea Forums and nobody can stop me.

>Down the line
What? I have had my playstation for years. I get the games on sale. I feel good about these purchases.
>Cables + PC
I just don't want to build a damn PC! I just want to buy the box and plug it in. I don't know why that is not okay.

Jannies, you know what you have to do.

its actually so posters stop disjointedly responding. its to better create context. there are actually very few of us that post.

Yeah whatever will they do :thinking:

>lol consoles are just plug and play
what fucking year is it?

M8 you don't need to build a PC anymore, a lot of pre-buiilts are basically the same price as building it yourself these days, it was actually cheaper about a year ago but that was when RAM prices were through the roof.

I mean if you don't care about playing online or getting games near launch. In that case, any setup can be done dirt cheap.
> I just don't want to build a damn PC! I just want to buy the box and plug it in. I don't know why that is not okay.
It is. But then stop making excuses that are bullshit. "I don't want to" is fine, but "I have this usecase, that's why" just leads to people pointing out that the usecase can be done with PC too.

This,thread over
Pc gaming is such a pussy repellent

I can only speak for myself. when I was young I looked at a keyboard and then a controller.....just didnt make sense to me why i would play on this humongous thing when I could play on a controller. also, the computer we had in the house sucked ass, so couldn't game on it anyways. But now after growing up I see the light.

Nothing because jannies don't do their job, the job they do for free.

prebuilts, also you can order the parts and have best buy build it for you

Gaming in general is a pussy repellent.

Prebuilts are still shitty, it's cheaper to buy the parts and then pay someone to build it for you. Like 100 dollars at the absolute most for someone to do it for you.

>us

all prebuilts are shitty? asking cause i want to pc game but dont want to build one

Depends, as that user said about a year ago it was actually cheaper to buy a pre-built than to build it yourself because of supply shortages, although that wasn't exclusively RAM, GPUs were affected by that too.

Prebuilts are fishy, because you never get a full part listing, so you have to assume everything not explicitly listed is crap.

But they can be good value, especially when factoring in the OS licence.

Occasionally you find a good price-performance ratio, but even then there's usually a weak link in the build that you'll eventually need to swap out yourself. The cases/cooling are usually sub-par too since they don't contribute to the specs directly to a surface-level buyer.

I plug my ps4 in the wall and then i plug the hdmi into my projector lol
well i have the ps4 and i like it and i don't want to buy something else

They're overpriced as fuck. Buy the parts yourself and any computer store will build it for you. It's cheaper.

They're not shitty, there's just a lazy faggot tax so expect to pay a good bit more than you would have.

I own PC and all 3 current consoles and PC, and the PC runs the games better, and all I have to worry about is maybe 5 minutes of trouble shooting.

Common sense?

Sitting at a desk with a keyboard is not as comfortable as sitting back on your sofa with a controller

Steam killed PC gaming

what's stopping you from using your controller on your sofa while using PC though?

>and then I spend an hour dealing with settings, accounts, and downloading updates
So how is that different from a pc?

I literally never do
It updates for like 5 minutes once every few months it's... good

Attached: 1551043159998.jpg (1000x857, 263K)

i don't need something that runs the games better, they run just fine for me, that is great for you

Lack of money

what no you don't >:(

Zoomers wouldn't understand.

also couch < desk

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

>Prebuilts are still shitty
Not really. Except if you buy from Walmart.
Oh wait, you're probably American. All your consumer business are shitty.

kek

now THIS is what awakes the jannies.

what was it

someone spamming in all caps "GO BACK".
jannies sure are quick on their fingers, the post got [Deleted] halfway thru me replying. I guess the hotpockets are in the oven.

There was "some" truth to it when consoles didn't need system updates, game patches and PC's didn't have native support for controllers. Not it is just a bland statement. You can move your PC to your living room if the couch is so vital to you. I'll never understand the appeal of couch gaming, though. Since I was a kid, I always preffered to play as close to the TV as possible, always in my room, sitting on a chair, otherwise I can't focus.

Couch gaming casualized this industry. It's the reason why people buy movie games by Sony and ask easy mode for Dark Souls. It is the laziest and most normie way possible to play a video game.

I work at a computer all day, the last thing I want to do is go home and sit in front of a computer, you also have a lot of other distractions on a computer besides video games. With a game console I can have just games and nothing else.

>getting praised and loved on discord and reddit
you almost had me

Anybody that has to ask why PC is better for gaming and is incapable of troubleshooting should just get a console. Such individuals cant be indicted into the PCMR

why do people keep saying this
are there really this many tech illiterate people who think that hooking up a computer to a tv is impossible

>Using keyboard and mouse when aren't at a desk

That's a yikes for me

Inb4 you can use a controller.
yeah when you are already in the game

look at this guy not having heard of steam big picture mode

It's also retardedly easy to set up controller as mouse.

>if youre not knowledgeable about computers
>knowing how to use google is being knowledgeable about computers'