When will we have good monitors again?

When will we have good monitors again?

Attached: 1552263922681.jpg (1024x768, 372K)

Is that a 4:3 FW900??

When they'll find a solution to OLED's burn-in problems.

Never, because consumers prioritize things been thin and light over quality

maybe compare the trinitron with a ultrasharp rather than some bullshit office model

I miss this feeling of comfy.

Try again without the glare on the right side

>compare crt with 60hz ips lcd
retard

It would be even worse, IPS has absurd glow and latency.

>10 years ago first time I bought an lcd screen
>reds literally looks like orange

>IPS
Lol. What a fucking retard. IPS is inferior to TN everywhere. Its 100% marketing

Does anyone still make CRTs? I'd like to buy a nice one for a retro gaming set-up

Compare it to a decent VA panel.

I've literally never played on a non-flatscreen monitor

t. zoomer

>The taking pictures of monitors in the dark poster is back.

Attached: 1312899196404.png (340x444, 93K)

>VA
*motion blur intensifies*

>awful response times and color accuracy
crt still wins

Consumers prioritize heavily shilled things.

Crin
Based

Name a panel that doesn't have some kind of huge drawback.

I dont know because no-one who doesnt have autism cares.

oled. You can respond with 'burn in' again but that would just make you look like a retard.

>10 years ago when I bought my 1920x1080 monitor I thought the future would be awesome
>But here we are
>Burn in, response times, color accuracy, backlight bleed, you have to pick one

Attached: the guy.jpg (300x168, 8K)

>caring about quality is autism
>this huge drawback doesn't count because I said so

>he fell for the OLED meme

Attached: 1552568712840.png (441x302, 58K)

burn in

>oleld

Attached: oled-burn-in.jpg (1280x719, 60K)

That's a beautiful painting, who's the artist?

5k hours of films and gaming, still as dark as a moonless night. Only retards who dont turn off their panels get burn in.

Attached: 53933983.jpg (320x240, 18K)

Burn in doesn't show in dark scenes retard, open a solid red image.

>60k hours on my LCD
>still looks like it did on the day I bought it and will continue to do so in the future
>probably paid 1/5 of the price of an OLED

>10 yo LCD
>still looks like it did on the day I bought it and will continue to do so in the future
Yeah, looks like shit.

t.

Attached: 1552570138139.gif (435x250, 3.71M)

What's the problem with something like a benq 1ms 144hz monitor? Response and colors are decent, mine is 27 inch. It's a big step up from a generic monitor, and AFAIK is the tournament standard for a lot of genres like fighting games and shooters.

How come the only colors monitors are made in these days is black????

Ive never seen a Dell, Acer or Samsung monitor with a white or grey case.

Why would you want to distract yourself with bright colors?

Are you autistic???

fuck, I used to have that monitor

Are you blind?

Attached: 1286732972865.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Black makes the screen appear bigger and doesn't draw attention to potential problems with color balance (a true white border will make off-white look even more yellowed for example). You can still get silver/white stands if you're after a themed desk though.

>TN
>colors are decent

I like LED backlit things.

Maybe it doesn't do deep black that well but it has a lot of vibrancy.

Yes, decent relatively. I use my PC for games, I'm not going to sit at my desk and watch a movie.

It's almost like retards don't read the manual that comes with the tv, where it has plenty of tips to reduce the likelihood of burn in, like not leaving the tv on max brightness and contrast for long periods of time. I guarantee you most people who have burn in never once changed the colour temperature of the tv.

Attached: 53660775_223513121846315_8183333594320601088_n.jpg (320x240, 13K)

>320x240

CRT > IPS > VA > TN

So is consensus to get 144hz IPS displays?

:^)

Attached: 54437335_223513171846310_1827835032027267072_n.jpg (3264x2448, 606K)

I have a 144Hz Asus monitor

I've been playing KOTOR (which is locked at 60FPS) and whenever I rotate the camera around there's a weird ghosting effect. Is there any way to get rid of it?

fixed resolution

TN>IPS
People who think otherwise care more about graphics than gameplay. High end TN panels look 90% as good as IPS anyway.

Holy shit that looks bas

Dude, your monitor is fucked

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-095749_Clover.jpg (1435x2664, 1.84M)

>it works, just don't use it

That's panel noise, which clears up when you run the function on the tv to clear it. I'll run it and have a comparison ready for the next inevitable thread.
>it works, just follow the rules

They really don't and the difference in response time is irrelevant unless you're a professional gamur.

Consumers prefer convenience over quality and fall for corporate brainwashing as proven by the acceptance of Steam and digital distribution

Supposedly there's some chinese company that takes order requests to this day but I couldn't find it when I searched.

IPS doesn't have a built in piss filter

based OLED bro. It's impossible to go back to TN/IPS panels once you play on an OLED.

Attached: IMG_20190311_192217.jpg (4608x2176, 2.63M)

MicroLED OP. That's when we'll have good monitors again. Unfortunately it's probably a decade off from being in monitor form.

What is the ideal monitor size?

MLED still has the input lag problem, but other than that it's perfect. I can't fucking wait until we no longer have to deal with shitty display technology.

Slim CRTs were a thing, they were called SED or FED, too bad they were never sold

>MLED still has the input lag problem
Where are you getting that notion? MicroLED response time is measured in NANOSECONDS. That's onpar with CRT. It's literally going to finally obsolete CRT in every measurable way.

Attached: Coherent-LCD-OLED-microLED-comparison-table.jpg (800x421, 50K)