Pleasantview. Home

Pleasantview. Home.

Attached: pleasantview.png (1024x768, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ml6qmBHv24
youtube.com/watch?v=rQz6EQXvfls
youtu.be/zTsJ-qCzECw
youtube.com/watch?v=rLRXjhuhaGc&
youtu.be/q8TFNTsrl_A
youtu.be/g4cOrk9diPU
youtu.be/R0iO9UJdvis
youtube.com/watch?v=neeXmBkvPIQ
myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-complete-collection-bfa
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM&list=PLDA19CA4E3C2BE676
youtube.com/watch?v=TpyJyi05RGE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fire walk with me

Did anyone even bother with Veronaville?

>tfw going from Sims 1 to Sims 2 to Sims 3 actually added upgrades that made the game more interesting
>tfw The Sims 4 is literally just The Sims 2 again

Does 4 have better Sims than 2?
I don't really mind the points system but I hear, even with traits, the Sims 4 Sims all act the same.

Adding the emotion system has basically turned every Sim into the same person, yes. They all get mad/happy/sad/etc at the same shit.

Can you fuck your parent-in-law in Sims 2?

Least it was till I sucked on dad's cock.

Well I guess I wasn't going to pick up 4 until it was done anyway.
Hopefully mods will fix it by then because EA sure fucking won't.

Which Sims is the best one to play if you've never played one?

The first one.

Sims 3 was a buggy garbagefire that took years to get to where Sims 2 was.

Though from day one it had a fully open world and you could change the texture of everything.

Either this or the second game. Both easy to install and play because they came in complete editions.

Which one has best sex mods?

i would say play TS1 first, because it oozes of soul, and is simple enough to get into without being overwhelming while also being complex enough to teach you its mechanics and efficient house building and keeping your stats up. Once you're bored of TS1 then you jump to either a console game or The Sims 2 and be overwhelmed with all the new stuff you can do. If you start with TS2 you wont appreciate TS1.

I've heard 4 has some of the best. Wicked Whims it's called.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ml6qmBHv24

bros...

Attached: 1533833577048.png (478x454, 173K)

The original theme was good, but the Seasons theme is the highest of tiers.
youtube.com/watch?v=rQz6EQXvfls

Hey buddy. I think you got the wrong door. /tsg/ is two blocks down.

This is the boomer nostalgia thread, take your jabroni shit elsewhere.

youtu.be/zTsJ-qCzECw

youtube.com/watch?v=rLRXjhuhaGc&
Get to work, everyone!

A lot suffered to get that open world though. It wasn't even a good feature until years later.

What did you do with them, anons?

Attached: Pleasant01-01-02.jpg (665x577, 131K)

thats bretty good, i never heard it because i didnt get that expansion, only when they gave away the complete ts2 edition on origin, and then it was just a mismatch of all the themes

Seasons was the kind of shit that should've been in the game from the start. That expansion packed changed the rest of the game so thoroughly I say you should always have it installed.

>the sims neighborhoods are never going to be great like these twere
i loved all the details in the story between the families

Attached: 1551859472479.jpg (640x640, 254K)

don't sleep on the expansion songs, they're just as good if not better than the base games soundtrack.

youtu.be/q8TFNTsrl_A
youtu.be/g4cOrk9diPU
youtu.be/R0iO9UJdvis

Incest mods

Bonus for 1 is that it doesn’t have the aging mechanic, which just becomes a chore because your whole focus needs to be on fulfilling the desires so you can buy more life extensions.

If anyone wants to start with 2, I’d recommend just turning aging off

at least you could abuse the dating mechanic in Nightlife and get a shitload of points by just going on a date every once in a while, buying elixirs was never a problem after that

>loved sims 1 and 2
>3 was way too buggy and unoptimized after installing every expansion
>still feels like it could be a proper sims game if it wasn't running like utter shit
>currently installing sims 4 with all expansion
>never really tried in the past

i kinda hope it's not as bad as people make it out to be with all those expansions at least

Sims 4 was made to run on single moms' shitty laptops. Even with all expansions it runs fine. Expect something a lot more similar to Sims 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=neeXmBkvPIQ

I mean, Sims 4 been out for longer than Sims 3's cycle and still nowhere close to get where Sims 3 is.

it runs fine but expect to get bored of it really soon, all the content is pretty much similar, there's not really any point in pursuing any career or skill except for maybe science because it gives some cool gadgets to play with, literally every other bonus item in the game gives you a shitty moodlet that you can get in a hundred other simpler ways

I preferred the desert hood. More interesting people there.
That being said it's truly the best in its series. The only one to feel like and actual improvement over its predecessor. In 3 the engine took a huge dump. Had some nice ideas but essentially lacked when it came to individuality. And you could no longer place your own lots, killing off that aspect of the game.

I've had Sims 2 installed for a bit now, but I've only been building houses to fill out the neighborhood and make it look lived in.
What kind of family do I make?

they added the option to place lots in a later patch, but considering all the neighborhoods were built without that function in mind it didn't really do much good

Heads up. Maybe it's my dated hardware, but if you go on fastest speed the sims "idle" for almost an hour at times, doing nothing. And if you a min-maxing person like yours truly it's frustrating as fuck having to go on the slowest speed at all times, even night since I play with large households.

At least it was until I fucked everyone in it

Attached: bobnewbie.jpg (300x226, 16K)

>Tfw never played on any of the default TS2 neighborhoods, always created my own custom ones
>Only thing I did in the default ones was copy the vacant lots so I could use them in my custom maps free of charge
Im not the only one, right? I also tried to use the "move a family" option to copy the defaut sims into my neighborhoods but that feature was glitched and it corrurpted my maps. Cant believe EA left it like that and never patched it

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY NO LONGER HAVE MODEL RAILWAYS???

I've said it in earlier threads but they really captured the textures of every surface in the Sims 1.
I'm not sure if it's because it's sprites and fixed camera positions that lets them create the world like they wanted to or that I played this game as a child and those memories register differently but it feels like you've been in that kitchen

ts1 had model railways because it was a game for 90s pc gamer virgins
nu sims is for teenage white girls who think model railways are totally lame

>tfw when you let your sim go on cruse control for real time hours without helping them just to see how they fair on their own

Why was the clown painting more terrifying than the clown himself?

Attached: 2Q.png (251x201, 67K)

Do they still have burglars?
Never had one and no alarms for sale.

Also, do you think we'll get robots back? Was so nice to have that fucker deliver pizza, do gardening and clean the house.

I'll show you terrifying.

Attached: ding dong.jpg (398x300, 34K)

It was a chore to make, but the basements in 2 were better than what we're having in 3/4.

Is there any totally legal and legitimate way to get one's hands on TS1 anymore?
God fucking knows where my old CDs are, so if any of you nice people could spoonfeed a mongoloid you will probably get nothing in return except for my thanks.

is there a mod that makes the rest of the neighborhood age alongside your own sims?

how come the robber is white in this? in all my years of playing that game i never understood that

sims 2's build mode allowed you do do some really crazy and weird shit if you knew how to use the constrainfloorelevation cheat

Attached: 2da697789476f7f1cede900a9e71c94c.jpg (600x450, 67K)

Isn't TS1 abandonware at this point? Here: myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-complete-collection-bfa

Well, it's dead now, but someone on tehparadox made complete collections of 1-3. I'll see if I can find it.

Games4theworld probably has it. I'd recommend using that

Criminal is an actual job in the Sims universe, so it's pretty realistic that blacks don't do it.

>tags: shovelware
lel
You happen to know if it's all expansions?

That's what complete collection is.

It's the Complete Collection, so yes. If you're running Windows 10 you gotta download a package called dgVoodoo2 and move files from it's MS folder into the folder where you install it otherwise it won't work.

>my face when I still have my copy of TS1 Complete Collection nicely tucked away

Attached: 1536726618429.gif (800x600, 324K)

Attached: simsguide.jpg (2160x3840, 2.89M)

I wasn't that good with it, but I miss making different levels with the indoor foundation-ish thingy (don't remember exactly what it was called).
Made for interesting interior design, anyone know if you can utilize something similar for 3 or 4?

Thanks, folks. Appreciate it.
Have a shitty pic for your troubles.

Attached: 1499254582979.jpg (768x1024, 153K)

This thing's a lifesaver. Installing Sims 1 from that Mega link in the pastebin was so fucking painless.

>played the game with no sound because the burglar music scared the shit out of me

Dang that's pretty nifty. I was just about to ask whether there was any issues with replaying the sims 2 in 2019. Looks like my weekend is all set.

Alright, I call your nostalgia, and raise this

youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM

>sountrack

killed the coalburner

me actually, I like playing as the premade families

Sims 3 is objectively the best game because
>open world without loading screens
>world creator and proper towns, workplaces, businesses, etc
>only game that had cars in vanilla

unfortunately they fucked up a lot of things like routing, stability, the shit launcher, the .sims3pack installer mods and background ai, but the aforementioned things still make it the best one. If you make your own world, own sims and npcs, own work rabbitholes and throw in some good mods, the only essential dlcs you need is late night, seasons and ambitions.

>without loading screens
except the 10 minute one when you start the game up

I played the shit out of the best Sims DLC

Attached: 220px-Sims2_uni.jpg (220x316, 27K)

2 mins on my celeron laptop toaster

I feel generations is essential too

i liked sims 3's ability to work from home being a painter was ez money

no one is arguing that Sims 3 wasn't the best at least mechanically, it's just that the horrendous loading screens and memory leak that inevitably will come that's the problem.
and the ugly sim artstyle too

1&2 grim reaper for me

Attached: 0345eee899b0de202ed36bfcc09babc6.jpg (604x604, 55K)

Best moment in sims history:
When they introduces fishing in 2

comfiest expansion pack, made me look forward to university myself
boy how wrong I was

>Sims 2
>You can build a literal fucking city if you wanted to, with nearly every building usable, it would just take time and effort.
>Sims 4
>Lol here's 11 lots bro enjoy!
>Oh also they'll look retarded if you build them contrary to the background lots

Sims 4 could've been so much more and that's the worst part.

S4 have better props (or what you call them) Imagine having all that furniture in S2. Like a fucking bookshelf door for that ghetto castle I made.

There was a bookshelf door in the Apartments expansion, iirc.

Aw shieeet. Looks like my weekend is forfeit.

I... I miss it bros.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM&list=PLDA19CA4E3C2BE676

So does it come down to Sims 2 or Sims 3 content wise? Haven't played either in about 5 years

Sims 3 has the most content but the worst optimization, as in the more expansion packs you load into it the worst it starts to run. Sims 2 doesn't have as much, but it still runs well enough.

They're both pretty much the same content wise. The only reason you never see people talk about Sims 2 is because they're zoomers who don't know how to play a game if it's not on Steam or Origin.

You like the sim aspect: 2
Architecture: 4
Interior design: 3
Personal opinion ofc.

content, as in custom content, you'll like sims3.
content as in vanilla content, sims3 because of the Create a style thing, which is really handy sometimes. sims2 may have more stock items, but in 3, you can customize everything.

I really really like this image, it even uses the same font for the respective games

Which Sims game is the best for making cute sim women and then having them all repeatedly piss their pants in the house?

I want to love Sims 3 because it has potential, but it's just so shittily made. I tried installing Sims 3 and all the expansions and additional content and it was like near 100GB worth of space I think? And a fuckload of the expansions have a fucklot of bugs or just simply cause a fuckload of lag or break the game and they still haven't fixed that. It's simply unplayable.

I wish some other company that wasn't shit gave The Sims 3 formula a go.

sims 3 is better

Me too! Save it, it's all yours my friend :)
im glad you noticed

time passes

Attached: 1550716486273.gif (400x400, 1.28M)

Boolprop cheat to make them makeout with each other

sims 3 sims looked ugly as fuck too

Oh people do notice but it's often hard to tell if you're talking to the creator of such infographics to begin with. Considering how often I see that image posted in Sims threads here I wouldn't think to post compliments myself.

On the record, I'm very grateful for all the Anons who take the time out of their day to make them.

At least it was until I harem'd errythang up

That shit was boring to me.
-claim room
-do assignments
-write paper
-light socializing if I care enough to do it in my sim's free time. Don't really bother, anyways.
-go to sleep
-repeat till the four years are over.
-get diploma and return to the main game.
-mfw it was just as boring as real life
>think to myself why do people constantly beg for this expansion again?

I was probably playing it wrong, but eh.

Had Angela get gangbanged by Dustin's criminal friends for being a narc and had Lilith remain single for the rest of her days while setting Dirk up with an older black woman, who he stayed with, becoming a pillar of the community and beloved neighbor until his death by old age.

Daniel and Mary-Sue divorced and their family fell apart in a bitter feud that never recovered until the save got corrupted because everything in Sims 2 corrupts the save.

But you got an extra slot for that sim.
Also
>tfw you uni gf didn't age so you had to stop having her as your gf

>everything in Sims 2 corrupts the save
You serious? Do any of these games work properly

Sims 2 had an atrocious problem with corruption. It can be mitigated by not doing certain things but it's to the point where these things should've been fixed a long time ago. Still best game though.

I wish anyone else but Maxis gave The Sims a go. Maybe a team with competent programmers, even?

Maxis and irreversible compression fucking up saves... every game.

Sims is long overdue for a competitor. The only problem is that the only people I can think of doing it is Paradox and they definitely have their own issues.

id like a university expansion in 4 just because it might add some actual gameplay beyond the alternate set dressings and meme mechanics in the usual "expansion" packs

Sims 4 is on deep discount. How necessary are the 700 dlc packs?

yes

without them you get like 7 lots to build on
no joke

It really pays to be a patient gamer.
I'm playing Sims 3 right now and it's running pretty well
I played Sims 2 back when that came out and Sims 3 is really impressive.

found a way to lower crime

Attached: 1474734163466.jpg (461x400, 25K)

too much soul

Which DLC do I need in that case?

The only uni I will ever attend.

Sims 3 would be such an amazing game if it didn't run like shit
Such a shame

buy em all

its fine at the beggining even with all the expansions, just wait as your savefile gets older and bigger you will start having problems till its unplayable, it has a leaking problem that was never fixed
you can speed up its dead by doing all the tourist locations early, I actually had fun looking for ways to see how fast I could get the game to kill itself

I'm not going to spend $320 on sims dlc.

Does Sims 4 have the potential to surpass Sims 3?

nobody does, just pirate, dont get the fitgirl version tho

>Buy EA products
Never tell anyone to do this ever again.

Oh man the nostalgia...

>tfw younger me made an entire town full of nothing but hot women with love aspirations
>and then played as myself as the sole male in said town

Was fucking great. The women kept beating the crap out of each other every time they all amassed at my front door. Had to build a separate building just for love hot tubs.

Attached: 1516317709263.jpg (284x285, 20K)

>feel like playing sims 3
>remember that it takes 30 minutes to start and load the neighborhood
>finally start playing
>the exact moment you do something important and forget to save the game crashes

Attached: 1481993357849.gif (480x351, 1.06M)

Attached: 1477500690651.jpg (151x233, 6K)

do it goy, you have to support the devs!

they have 3 tiers
expansions
game packs
stuff packs

each expansion comes with a new world/town, except seasons.

sims 4 comfy as shit tho

Attached: 02-02-19_1-10-40 AM.png (1920x1017, 1.81M)

just read the pastebin in /aco/

Why don't any of the devs on Yea Forums and/or /vg/ and/or /agdg/ try making their own Sims? Call it the Verts or something

Attached: 08-14-16_10-22-26 PM.png (1920x1028, 1.74M)

Something is way off about it and I'm not sure what.

EA gave the entire game away on the sly, for free, during one E3 event a couple years ago. Could not play it for longer than 10 minutes. Don't think I even made it to the first night.

Honestly 4 isn't so bad since whenever you travel to a night club, bar etc the place would be poppin and alive with sims, unlike 3 where it's open world but everything feels soulless and empty. But eventually they all at some point start feeling soulless and empty. 2 was the most resistant to this since it had a lot of charm.

Quite frankly I'm surprised there isn't another company that seriously competes in the life simulation genre, it's obviously profitable both men and women like it. I'm just tired of EA destroying the franchise I once loved. Nerds and code incels will you get on this shit? Do you hate money?

Attached: tenor.gif (320x240, 1.11M)

GO BACK TO /TSG/

They don't want me there

Attached: 07-19-15_1-02 AM-2.png (1920x1028, 1.12M)

Fucking this. Only The Sims is doing it right now and even those guys are fucking it up hard, just read up any of the Sim Gurus' twitters and you can easily find proof how shitty they are at their job. Any competent competition would kill their monopoly.

Because people wouldn't be able to agree on anything and wouldn't get anywhere past the basic planning stage.

Attached: 52eefb596d66aa245872ce6ad944edd7.jpg (2069x4000, 893K)

Attached: 09-19-16_12-11-52 AM.png (1920x1028, 1.67M)

It was the first world I fucked around with when getting the game for the first time. It was pretty fun taking over the fairy mansion for shits and giggles.

That is where you belong. Nobody here cares about your shitty screenshots of shitty soulless furniture with shitty soulless sims with the same generic smug face expressions.

Yeaaaah, boy.
I actually kinda liked the desert one, playing as the family with the test subject.

Attached: 08-20-16_11-33-33 PM.png (1920x1028, 2.26M)

sims 4 is so fucking fun now, why did you lie to me Yea Forums

Attached: 03-13-19_4-30-42 PM.png (1280x720, 894K)

Probably 2. If you have a lot of RAM and memory and want to spend hours getting mods to make everyone not look like potatoes then 3

You think it's fun because all you do is take screenshots of sims sitting on couches. You're just as empty-headed as the game is soulless.

>those comfy after-school afternoons spent playing poker with the townsfolk in my sim's quaint nightclub

Attached: 0109.jpg (720x695, 40K)

Attached: 01-22-15_12-22 AM.png (1904x1012, 2.08M)

this is a very important moment though, do you not remember the same things irl?
also
>analyzing my mineral collection while bantering with my coworkers

Attached: 03-12-19_10-36-20 PM.png (1280x720, 882K)

And till this day the fucking world creator STILL refuses to let you edit permade dlc worlds because “fuck you”.
Still pisses me off.

how do I get a body to look that good

Are you still buying the DLCs? I haven't got Strangerville but the Get Famous one was pretty fun.

I can't remember which skin specifically it is, but you can find it all at Loverslab

Attached: 01-22-15_12-56 AM.png (1904x1012, 2.01M)

2 is the best, but 4 is also fun. I sold a shitton of orchids until I could buy Oakenstead. I turned all the upstairs spare bedrooms into different activity rooms. A gym, a science lab/workshop, and a music/art studio with giant windows. My guy is basically a highly-skilled hermit, and he makes enough from the orchids to cover the 25,000+ in bills he pays, so I only take jobs to finish out the careers.

damn you are lame. You don't even know it. You're the guy who said even /tsg/ doesn't like you? That's some feat.

You might not have noticed that our graphics settings are different and that we're talking to each other but that's okay, user.

Attached: 08-22-15_10-51 PM-7.png (1920x1028, 1.91M)

>Every time a Sims thread appears on Yea Forums it gets infiltrated by /tsg/

autism

It is a good game user. You don't always need to trust /v.

post screenshots

Attached: emergent gameplay.jpg (1024x768, 616K)

>mfw Sims 4 lets Edward Norton talk to books

Attached: 08-12-15_10-30 PM-3.png (1920x1028, 1.32M)

So it's a good time to get that repack

Attached: Screenshot-70.jpg (1024x768, 103K)

Sauce?

4 is really not fun. The whole open world aspect just makes having carefully constructed neighborhoods full of created families is hurt by simultaneous time passing (even with aging disabled) and the exorbitant amount of townies that the game keeps spawning.

2 is the best actually family focused game.

Attached: 09-10-15_7-14 AM-4.png (1920x1028, 1.64M)

dude
FUCK OFF
nobody cares about your shitty off topic pictures.

Attached: 1510779370767.gif (267x200, 729K)

Reposting this guy from the last time I played Sims 3. Some kid had a tantrum during a party, and this creep walked up to her and started imagining her naked. No mods that I know of either (torrented version, so perhaps?).

Attached: wtf_sims3.png (937x896, 730K)

The sim or wha? Her names Alex Swann, you should be able to find her on the gallery searching for tsgvg if they still use that tag, I can't remember

>off-topic
kek

Attached: 01-29-15_7-37 AM.png (1904x1012, 1.69M)

Attached: lelandbobmirror.jpg (1097x759, 66K)

Attached: Norman-Crochley.png (960x9584, 3.57M)

Pretty sure your version of the game is just cursed

Attached: 7D7D789C-8613-4732-B719-2BE195610969.jpg (1629x1242, 852K)

Attached: 1385678431640.jpg (1984x4660, 1.47M)

Attached: 1385678586335.jpg (1360x4696, 1.22M)

Where can I get mods for Sims 3?

Attached: 1547306197860.jpg (720x448, 52K)

Attached: 1385678672869.jpg (1360x4402, 1.16M)

Attached: Norman-Crochley2.png (960x9026, 2.8M)

Attached: 1385678762842.jpg (1366x4357, 1.13M)

Attached: 1385678866203.jpg (1366x4357, 1.24M)

Attached: 08-20-16_10-39-48 PM.png (1920x1028, 1.97M)

Attached: 1385678985097.jpg (1366x4494, 1.2M)

Attached: 1385679066346.jpg (1366x4494, 1.09M)

Attached: 10-04-15_3-24-18 AM.png (1920x1028, 533K)

He's thinking about her because she's making a racket. Any time a sim happens to notice another sim they tend to think about them. Sim thumbnails are generated inconsistently and always use their current outfit when doing so. The thumbnail for this sim just happens to be out of date and was probably generated when the sim was in a state that had them without a top, e.g. bathing.

Attached: 1385679148988.jpg (1366x4635, 1.18M)

Attached: 1385679227793.jpg (1366x4635, 1.07M)

Attached: 1385679310953.jpg (1366x4635, 1.36M)

Attached: 10-04-15_4-10-37 AM.png (1920x1028, 612K)

Attached: 1385679394436.jpg (1366x4635, 1.03M)

Attached: 10-04-15_1-21-39 PM.png (1920x1028, 487K)

Attached: 1385679477187.jpg (1366x4360, 1.12M)

Attached: 04-11-15_11-30 AM.png (1920x1028, 768K)

Fuck, thats the first thing that came to my mind even before checking this post

Attached: 3523559185.gif (175x145, 836K)

Attached: 1385679557960.jpg (1366x4360, 1.1M)

Is this, dare I say it, kinoposting?

Attached: 1552573093037.jpg (862x960, 108K)

Attached: 1385679723828.jpg (1386x4341, 1.34M)

i had a crush on lilith

Attached: 1532120776959.png (542x602, 43K)

Attached: 1385679870775.jpg (1384x4857, 1.46M)

way to kill a comfy thread

Attached: yikes.jpg (1024x1010, 60K)

Attached: 1385679945017.jpg (1384x2758, 637K)

get /r9k/ and Yea Forums involved and call it The NEETs

Attached: 1552148545327.jpg (498x498, 51K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TpyJyi05RGE

Attached: .jpg (750x690, 41K)

Is there any more?

Nah I only did two

Attached: 09-10-15_5-04 AM.png (1920x1028, 2.52M)

Well then how'd he do afterward?
Did he manage to not die alone?

I was gonna have him travel to Windenburg (a DLC location that came out around the time) where he'd get into a fight with a bunch of lads and end up dying. That's all I had planned. Didn't actually play with him beyond the comics

I'll throw out an F anyway.

I did leave him in the world though and I'm pretty sure he just died in the background.

Attached: 10-01-14_3-08 PM.png (1920x1017, 1.62M)

I only ever ended up building and furnishing houses so 2 is where it’s at for me.