Pillars of Eternity 2 vs Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Which one has better gameplay? Not interested in story since I'll be playing on the hardest mode.

Attached: 135456633.jpg (1006x719, 232K)

+1, I'd like to know too

Have a bamp

Is there a CRPG that focuses on interesting builds over story? Getting sick of the standard mage, warrior, rogue classes.
Cipher sounds pretty interesting in Pillars

poe 2 can have any number of interesting builds thansk to the class combination mechanic but le balance man makes sure fun is nowhere to be found

Chanters were cool in the first, but I know pretty much nothing of 2.

Any other crpgs with class combinations? Some of my favorite moments in Dragon's Dogma was unlocking the range mage or whatever and unleashing magic arrows.
I'd love something much more in-depth than that.

What did chanters do? Seemed like a basic summon class from what I could gather.

>supposed to be a shitposting thread
>genuine discussion instead

Pirate both and find out.
Neither are worth the money.

in any PoE vs Kingmaker thread, always pick Kingmaker, regardless of topic

They sing songs that grant buffs, but it's based on a system of phrases that you can overlap. They can sing while doing other stuff too so they're not just sat singing in a corner. They do have summons, but they're more like jolly motivational speaker flagbearer characters that can end up being fairly tanky.

>Which one has better gameplay?
Neither, play Divinity

Finally, a use for my music degree

Attached: Wolfgang-amadeus-mozart.jpg (1203x1291, 173K)

Divinity writing is utter crap though.

Obligatory neither, play Divinity:OS2™ despite the armor fuckery and so on overall it was way more enjoyable compared to those two.
But if you had to choose definitely Kangzmaker.

Gets really fucking boring and tedious after the first couple dozen hours

Within the lore they're storytellers that awaken spirits, and all the shit that happens is just the spirits doing their bit and re-enacting the events that are being told. If you want a roleplay-focused party they're cool.

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 9K)

fuck off retards

Why do people have issues with Kingmaker? It looks decent.

Was the opposite for me. The more I played the more I got into it. Especially since my first character was Fane with necro/summoning and being able to combine shit like charging up my bloated corpse for insane damage, decay/that healing(damaging) spell from the summoner tree, different incarnate's depending on the terrain and if I needed support or more physical, magical damage.
After the first few hours you also learn how to make teleportation scrolls, add that with the teleportation gauntlet and Fane's source skill since that was the first one I unlocked and you can wreck absolute chaos. The first few hours was probably the most fun when you're still learning about different abilities and their combinations.

pathfinder hands down but into the breach has better gameplay than both

It had a rough and buggy launch but its alot better now because devs sent patch after patch to it. It also got downvoted because its difficult if you dont know Pathfinder rules

PoE
>story focused
>new not-D&D world
>inspired by Baldur's Gate

P:K
>autistic powergaming artificial difficulty focused
>D&D
>inspired by tumblr SJW trannies

I'm watching a popular streamer playing Pathfinder right now and he's getting one-shot raped by random mook bandits. Looks like a drag.

You act like PoE isn't inspired by tumblr SJW trannies.

I found Pathfinder a lot more fun to play then Pillars.

>>autistic powergaming artificial difficulty focused
awwww it's retarded

Pathfinder resembles baldur's gate a lot more than pillars does as well

Divinity's gameplay is just as mediocre, only saved by the fact that it's turn based instead of of RTwP.

Something to consider might be that PoE 2 has recently added a turn-based mode for combat. Sadly I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how good it is.

It resembles your deviantart page, I suggest you return there before you get jacked up.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker shits all over PoE senpai. A much more interesting ruleset which forces you to keep changing your gamestyle through the whole game. In PoE you kinda figure shit out during first 10 hours and then every combat encounter looks the same for the rest of the game.

>crpg
>good gameplay

Pathfinder. It's like classic D&D games with tons of classes.

Divinitys combat is actually fun, unlike the other twos. Something like that shouldn't upset you because if you're playing an RPG for its gameplay, you're a mouth breathing retard.

Kingmaker is better in every way it's honestly not even close

Now, kingmaker Vs OS2 is a good tossup.

Attached: 58fbf0dc285aa3954cf01480705aea42c6869762.jpg (446x600, 61K)

Why would you play these for the gameplay?

There are like two dozen sliders to customize the difficulty in Pathfinder.
Also Pathfinder isn't the game that forces you to get butt fucked by a fishman.

>Divinitys combat is actually fun
If you have low standards maybe, might as well play Dragon Quest if Divinity's combat looks fun to you.
>Something like that shouldn't upset you because if you're playing an RPG for its gameplay
I'm one of the few people on this board who actually plays RPGs almost solely for the gameplay, and Divinity games are still barely above the general mediocrity of CRPGs, again, mostly because they're actually turn based.

D:OS2 has too many retarded decisions and a completely fucked meta to be considered competent at what it does, a lot of people rightfully complain about Sawyer making PoE2 completely unfun due to the need of "balance", the exact same can be said about D:OS2, especially when it comes to things like the non existent crafting (especially coming from D:OS), the absolutely retarded gear scaling, the massive overlap in toolkits outside of the abundance of completely useless tools (also thanks to a lot of utterly busted ones), the awful level gated progression and most importantly, the awful battle meta that results from having the physical/magical armor mechanics, which turns all fights into braindead battles of attrition where who pumps the most damage in the first turn wins the fight by snowballing statuses into even more brainless ungabunga.
But if you believe that mindless MMO DPS hotkey spam is fine only because it's turn based, who am I to object? If you find that fun, more power to you.

Attached: 1544016135844.jpg (348x333, 26K)

Was buggy on launch, very polished now though
Is also actually very hard, especially on the too difficulty. But if you really know what your doing midgame you can take off and by endgame youll be destroying everything

Kingmaker

>all this slimy smug delusion
Your place is somewhere on twitter, you pathetic insect.

>really know what you're doing
So it's an austistic hyper niche kind of game? There's a streamer with over 7000 viewers, who I know has played this before, playing it right now and he's had to reload at least 10 times in the last hour just trying to fight bandits. Companions constantly getting one-shotted. Constant exclamations of surprise at how much damage the enemies are doing.

Nah i wouldn't go that far. Its really just reading the text of whats happening and understand it, plus using buffs/spells/cc correctly. However some of the bandits at early game are a nightmare because they use same tools as you do

On the default setting you shouldn't have nearly that much problems. What difficulty is he even playing on? Bandits should never really be an issue.

>Autistic hyper niche kind of game
No, I said the too difficulty. You can tone things down a bit if stuffs too hard.
Try not to base your life choices over one shitty streamer. I may take some rng with some strats but there's plenty of playthroughs on the hardcore mode on YouTube hardest difficulty.

Yeah and there's plenty of speedruns and other challenge runs on youtube too, that doesn't reflect the baseline game experience. He may very well be playing on the hardest mode, I don't know, but he's completed maybe two battles while I've been watching, and is struggling harder with this than I did with the Underdark beholder dungeon in SoA. I was seeing a lot of the same thing at launch, and many reviews point out some absurd shit about the enemies' stats.

>might as well play Dragon Quest if Divinity's combat looks fun to you
The fact that you can even begin to suggest that makes your opinion worthless, bet you quit out of sheer rage after voidwoken deep dweller pushed your shit in.

>no argument
Alright dude, you sure showed everyone the amazing battle design of D:OS2 by seething so hard.
Though I'll warn you before your ass melts even further, I didn't even go into the other massive oversights like exploiting character switch during convos for unlimited buffs, terrain transmutation cheese, pot palisades, the lack of meaningful positioning or a lot of other retarded shit, I can go on and on about D:OS2, mostly because unlike people here who love talking about games they never played, I played it for hundreds of hours and tried all kinds of retarded shit just to see how deep the Larian rabbit hole went.
D:OS2 is fucking busted, that's all there is to it, is it better than other things like PoE2? Yeah, but barely better, and only if you're somebody like me who likes (pseudo)original systems instead of the same old tired D&D adaptations that litter CRPGs since forever, still, if I wanted a competent battle focused CRPG I'd go back playing ToEE, it might not look as good as D:OS2 but it sure isn't even remotely as monotone and retarded when it comes to gameplay, despite the even more massive toolkit bloat.

>Deep Dweller
>Hard
I bet you also think Slane or Radeka are tough fights.

Attached: 1543173217418.jpg (529x431, 33K)

>At launch
Like I said, there were bugs at launch. In fact one notorious one was enemies double dipping from harder difficulty bonuses so if you turned up the difficulty, it was actually much harder. Unfair even due to early game normal stat constraints.
But like mot bugs, that's been fixed.

Listen, you are a faggot. The game is fun and it's not so hard, just accept that you won't be playing on the hardest settings your first playthrough and you may have to start on something easier until you understand things. Then you can turn it up once you think you know how to optimize your builds a bit better

>the lack of meaningful positioning
This is outright untrue.
>which turns all fights into braindead battles of attrition where who pumps the most damage in the first turn wins the fight by snowballing statuses
First of all even if you do rush the one dangerous guy to finish it off quickly the positioning in most fights is setup so that you are always surrounded so blindly charging in will always result a loss on tactical difficulty like that this guy as an example I did this at level 6 with no cheese no overlevel and it was extremely satisfying and rewarding.
This is never the case hell with most turn based rpgs.

Doubt this was possible without Fane with unlocked source collar and the teleport glove+1 more teleport scroll I managed to make btw.
Basically what I did was to teleport both Prince and Sebille right next to it using 1 teleport scroll and the teleport glove taking out his chunk of armor from the fall damage, then quickly stripping him from the rest of it and cc/finish him off as fast as possible with these 2 characters this is just like you said a valid startegy when you want to quickly get rid of something dangerous but in the first place it was impossible to get to this guy without Fane's source skill to get an extra turn and managing to finally find a feather to craft a teleportation scroll.
Meanwhile Ifan was like a sacrifice to attract all the other skeletons, him and the already summoned blood infused incarnate. With fane after using his source extra turn ability I still had 2 action points left so I made some distance and activated play dead so he could resurrect ifan when skellies where done with him and moved over to the other side at which point I even managed to teleport sebille back since the cooldown of the glove was over. Really enjoyable shit.

It is an incredibly hard fight if you walk straight into the ambush without any further planning and savescumming at level 6.

Attached: 1552483905668.jpg (1920x1080, 825K)

If it was fixed then why is a veteran of every Infinity Engine game getting his shit pushed in? Cause you're saying it's easy, lots of other people are saying it's the opposite, and I know CRPGs tend to attract a lot of tryhards.

>*shits out a wall of autistic incoherent ramblings for some reason*
The fact that you can't see the irony here is telling

I never said it's easy. I said the hardest difficulty is quite hard.
You still haven't even said what difficulty this streamer is playing on.

Pathfinder is a different ruleset at the end of the day, if he's jumped in blind or the hardest difficulty without knowing what kinds of enemies are gonna come at him or what's available to him, why are you surprised he's getting a bit rekt?

Honestly it sounds like your actually salty your favorite streamer is having an embarrassing moment and trying to blame it on the game.

Just tell us what fucking streamer it is already or at least what difficulty is playing on.

i'm guessing it's that faggot cohh. user seems retarded enough to be a fan

>This is outright untrue.
Oh no, this is very true, there's maybe ten or so battles in D:OS2 where positioning actually matters, and all of it is strictly relegated to how you START a fight, and not how you actually move while fighting, mostly because anything in D:OS2 can either teleport or attack at range.
>First of all even if you do rush the one dangerous guy to finish it off quickly
Why would you rush to Deep Dweller when he's not even the dangerous part of the fight?
Are you stupid?
Do you also try to tank Slane's first turn?
>I did this at level 6 with no cheese no overlevel
Aaaah, here's the key words, now you can stop pretending anyone will take you seriously when you can just solve this at the same level, especially with Fane, by abusing Shackles, like you'd do with most high level fights you want to win in Act 1, but yeah, amazing argument you have there, you sure showed how broken Teleport is though.
>It is an incredibly hard fight if you walk straight into the ambush
So, you're saying if you're deliberately being a retard or don't know about the ambush the fight is hard? I am amazed at your use of logic, next you'll tell me that using magic on an enemy with high magic armor is not a wise decision.

And for the records, like all "hard" fights in D:OS2, the fight can only be hard if:
>You don't just use the overpowered tools and willingly stick to using garbage for the sake of it
>You deliberately walk into traps or ignore the fact that you can always choose to start the very same fight in a different way
>You deliberately ignore the fact that the "tactics" of any and all fights is still to deplete one of the armors of your choice, pile up one of the shut down statuses of your choice and then mindlessly mash attack.
>Still no argument

Attached: 1547064371471.png (602x720, 183K)

>inspired by tumblr SJW trannies
That goes for both

>Why would you rush to Deep Dweller when he's not even the dangerous part of the fight?
Yeah you definitely didn't play the game, either that or you played on story mode.

Pathfinder = (more) Traditional Fantasy - basically plays in medival france/england

Pillars = "newer" Fantasy - unique language/races - plays in 1900 hawai/africa

Kingmaker is much better.

How can one man be so wrong. PoE lore is utterly boring and puts me to sleep after a few hours of gaming. Tried to keep it interesting but it was so dull that I dropped it before the final boss.

Pathfinder is the true BG2 successor. The class building is fun and combats are satisfying and visually better than PoE. Also companions and main story are way better than muh spirit seeing with tons of useless dialogue lines made by pathetic virgin backers.

>So, you're saying if you're deliberately being a retard or don't know about the ambush the fight is hard
Do you understand the meaning of the word 'ambush'? Of course I was not expecting a 6vs1 fight.
>Why would you rush to Deep Dweller
You have to, either that or distract him enough to take out the skellie mages. In my case ifan and the incarnate acted as bait for the mages.
>Oh no, this is very true, there's maybe ten or so battles in D:OS2 where positioning actually matters, and all of it is strictly relegated to how you START a fight, and not how you actually move while fighting, mostly because anything in D:OS2 can either teleport or attack at range
No this is just pure bullshit. Positioning is just as important to how you start the fight.

>play PK, see the rift
>nu-obsidian cast adrift

It's literally irrelevant, I'm not a regular viewer of theirs and mentioning any streamer's name will immediately incite people to shitpost as if I'm some kind of diplomat for the streamer/channel.

6v4*

Also DivOs2 gameplay may be better but how can people handle that terrible quirky writing and dialogues?

How is it irrelevant? I bet he has a shit build, a terrible companion mix or shit tactics.

I never played on anything that isn't tactician.
I don't even know how the game plays like on lower difficulties.

Deep Dweller isn't the dangerous part of the fight, unless you have a team of full mages that is, the bigger actual problem in that fight are the skeleton archer and the two mages on the wooden platforms and here's why.
>The archer gets height bonuses and can attack any of your characters at massive range, doing almost as much if not more damage than Deep Dweller, but with less AP since he doesn't need to teleport around like Deep Dweller
>The two mages have also nigh unlimited range and WILL buttfuck you with status alterations, making Deep Dweller free to massacre you with melee or Void Shard, and worse of all, use Shackles on you, which at low levels means you might as well reload
Once you take out those three it's just a normal fight like any others, if you have a scoundrel/summoner or Ifan with his OP crossbow taking out those three is also incredibly simple and you can do that feasibly in the first round too.
You don't even need to worry about the Swashbucklers unless for some unknown reason you refuse to start the fight from high ground like you're supposed to.
>Of course I was not expecting a 6vs1 fight.
I bet you also weren't expecting things like Troll Blood or Mordus' transformation, but after getting rekt by the suprise once you shouldn't get rekt twice, surprises are just that, they don't really equate to tactics, it's something to just take you off guard and teach you to be more careful.
>You have to
No you don't, you nigger.
There's only a handful of fights when taking out the big guy is the best course of actions, namely Radeka, Mordus (if you don't want to fight his voidwoken version), Ryker, Roost, The Elven Scion in act 3, the demon possessing the little girl in Act 4 whose name I forgot and Karon if you start the fight in the first quest variant with the other skeletons.

I wasn't asking who so I could bully you, I was asking who so I could find out his build, difficulty, tactics because you are not saying anything except
"Oh it looks too hard cos muh pro streamer keeps dying"

Kingmaker, absolutely. It blows PoE out of the water.

Although I've heard the hardest difficulty is some bullshit, so I hope you actually know what you're doing. Also, ignore anyone talking about bugs, it's completely fine now.

Some excerpts of reviews for Pathfinder from 2019.
>Be ready for 40+ AC on enemies. Not really a problem, right? Just haste up and keep on swinging until you get a crit. 15 damage resistance you say? ohhh my 28 str barb doesn't need to care. She needs to crit to hit and when she hits the enemies just explode. RNG not working? Best to pop that true strike wand. Come on, that's not fun. To give you a example, there is this epic black dragon you can fight. I went in thinking this will be a very hard, but epic fight. Nope... the RNG gods wanted me to win. Buff up, fight starts, fights over. Checked the logs. (ugh ohhh the immersion) Barb did two crits in a row and the dragon was pretty much dead.
>Sometimes enemies become invincible - for example there will be a set of goblins on a map and you will kill most of them easily but the last one will be invincible...you will hit and hit but nothing kills him and finally your entire party is wiped out...so you reload from an old save, go back in and discover he's just an ordinary enemy this time and wiped out in seconds...
>The game's normal difficult is set to superman, and you'll find yourself constantly losing battles that statistically you should have won, because the devs don't understand how random dice rolls are supposed to work. The enemies have a 60~100% chance of hitting you, but you have about a 30~50% chance of hitting the enemies regardless of how high of a level you are. The NPC that fight along side you are typically better than you are at their given roll. You'll find that main of the NPC end game quests are broken.

It seems you really don't understand, when you start the fight in a position where you are ambushed you have 4 of your guys being grouped up together with mages being on the platforms of either side. What I desperately needed was to get out of that encirclement.

But here's the thing even if I had teleport ed Sebille to one mage and Ifan to another mage I would get massacred I simply could not take out the mages fast enough. The deep walker just warps in to one of them and starts dishing out shit like decay and shocked/stunned combo with the mages making me unable to heal or get chain stunned to eternity. What you are suggesting is impossible to do in that position and even if I did teleport both of them to the platform to take out the mage and the archer the third mage would simply nuke me with freezes and again deep walker would support him and take me out with its insane damage output and curses/decay.

I could not afford to fight the mages on different paltforms+the voidwoken.
So like I said what I did was to distract the mages until I took care of the damn thing.

Need to switch inspired by BG (poe) and inspired by tumblr SJW trannies (PF:KM).

I liked how you omitted Sawyer and devs listening to discord and something awful over their own fans and backers as well.

It's better than rtwp but falls into the too little too late category.

Adding to this here's the most important part. The mages are still limited by range and altitude when they want to cast their spells so they actually had to get down the platform when they finished off Ifan and started moving towards the group of 2 who finished off the voidwoken that gave me time to resurrect Ifan and pin them between fane/ifan and sebille/prince. Meanwhile the voidwoken could simply warp almost everywhere on the battle field it only needed 1 turn and I could not delay him really.

Devs straight up said that hard difficulty in most games means normal level difficulty in kingmaker and expect to die on normal a lot. Guess streamer guy didn't get the memo. There are like 2 pages of difficulty settings to tweak if he wants to be an autist.

Or just get on normal difficulty. 10 deaths in an hour on normal is don't know what you're doing tier.

It's absolute dogshit because it's very lazily implemented, in poe 2 weapons and armors have action recovery / ammo recharge values so that things with big numbers attack less often to balance out. The turn based mode ignores all that and everything just acts once per turn, so just equip the heaviest armor and the biggest weapon you find

Also nice 6s

Actually, I forgot two other fights, Xahx and the Abomination in Act II also count as fights where killing the boss first is the best tactic (though you can cheese both with Lava either way so whatever), and maybe, maybe the fight with the magisters at the Blackpits if you want to keep the Black Ring people alive, which doesn't really matter anyway since all it does is give you flavour text and one useless option for Act III to get less EXP. by avoiding a fight with the black ring dudes near Vrogir's temple.
>What I desperately needed was to get out of that encirclement.
Not my fault if you didn't take the high ground while knowing that, if you want to force your way through a battle like that it's up to you, but don't pretend that wasting time on the most unoptimal option there is equates to depth or tactics.
>But here's the thing even if I had teleport ed Sebille to one mage and Ifan to another mage I would get massacred
Maybe next time you should give Sebille Sparking Swings, eh? You know it works great for dual wielding scoundrels and her Flesh Sacrifice? Just a tip to actually stop being retarded.
>What you are suggesting is impossible to do in that position
Then don't get in that position, especially don't while you're underlevelled, again, do you try to face tank Slane?
Do you also wonder why that one polymorph mage in Alexander's fight is that more dangerous than the other mooks?
Start the fight from a different position instead of pretending that being a basic retard makes the game somehow deep or challenging, at least there's a couple of those where positioning does matter, if only at the beginning, might as well enjoy that.

Well I don't know about the difficulty but I find the game balanced. There is a lot of rng that's true but my companions don't hit more often than me. My character is a sword saint and hits the hardest and most frequently without counting the spells. This guy just sucks at class building.

Well since it was an ambush I decided to fight it the battle till the end.
As for Slane(the dragon right?) Here's what I did since I did know I would fight him beforehand I spread out everyone and simply taunted him with prince. That fight was nothing special really. Tank and spank but this was definitely more difficult where you needed to utilise positioning, movement, abilities and basically what you learned in the beginning.

Many JRPGs or CRPGs even don't have this level of depth really.

I'm 70 hours in and I havent had too many problems on challenging. I changed to hard later and I'm still fine. The only hard enemies are the one dishing stat damage. Those are truly annoying. Your streamer just seem to be complete shit at the game. I admit I played every DnD 3.5 PC game there is so I may have more experience.

The most basic tactic is casting knockdown or paralysis spell and pick monsters from the limit of the AoE. Spent most of my first hours casting grease to kill enemies more easily. Web is also vastly underestimated by players but it's very satisfying to just dish every AoE elemental spell on webbed enemies.

Since there are some master tacticians in this thread, anyone has any way to beat the fight at the engwinthian dig site at the beginning of a new POTD playthrough ? The one that has like 5 panthers and one drake.

Short of cheesing it with solo stealth, breaking LOS to reset the fight or using the boon to start at lvl 4, I have yet to come up with a way to do that fight legit starting from lvl 1.

Just to give you an idea of how inaccurate this is:

"The NPC that fight beside you are typically better than you at their given roll"

The NPCs that fight alongside you often have lower ability scores than you (making them worse) and are poorly optimized for story reasons (higher charisma and low strength on a fighter) compounding the issue.

There are other issues in all his points, e.g. that invulnerable enemy buffed itself (I know the fight) and on his second try he reached it prior to getting the buff off, etc. so he thinks it is sometimes invulnerable for reasons.

Also the is so much good spell combo. Like web+ entangle+grease on enemies and freedom of movement and haste on your guys. Use it on a thief and you get free sneak attack on paralysed enemies.

You mean Tartuccio I guess.

No. It's actually a goblin group with an alch that stacks defensive buffs if you leave him up too long. It's not even that far in the game (Tartuccio).

Pathfinder Kingmaker is for people who think they’re smart because they found power attack amid the see of useless trash options. Do you know to put 18+ in your classes primary stat? Do you know which buffs are actually good and put every single one on your party constantly in the amazing, mindless chore called pre buffing? Congratulations, you’re a master of Pathfinder Kingmaker and every shitty ttrpg from twenty years ago that the genre has now moved away from.

>Many JRPGs or CRPGs even don't have this level of depth really.
D:OS lacks something as basic as counter attacks or even proper weapon modifier mechanics, who are you trying to fool?
A game like Wizardry 8 has actual focus on positioning and team tactics, as much as I dislike that game, ToEE also puts D:OS games to shame when it comes to that and encounter design and they mostly share the same basic battle design.
Fucking Tactics Ogre or Makai Kingdom have more meaningful positioning than both D:OS games, hell even Disgaea does thanks to geopanels and that's the bottom of the barrel of SRPGs, let alone actually difficult SRPGs like Natural Doctrine or games with in depth battle mechanics like the SaGa series.

You know what makes you people think that D:OS is a deep and strategic game?
Massive stat bloat, that's it, once you go beyond that and see how D:OS roids most of its "bosses" to make them actually threating and not look like the exact same mook you fought countless times before, you can see how basic the game really is, as I've said, it's really no better than a game like Dragon Quest in terms of actual meta, and pretending that all those worthless mechanics which you'll maybe use four or five time if you want to challenge yourself matter, well, it's still your own delusion.

I've laughed my ass off at the voidwoken fight where you enter Arx in act IV where they just put the usual generic Voidwoken Vampire but with massive roided stats to make them actually threatening, too bad that still didn't change a damn thing in how you fight things.

Massive roided stats on enemies instead of interesting encounter desgin? Are you talking about kingmaker or dos2?

I don't know about Pathfinder since I still haven't played it, but D:OS2? Definitely, especially from Act 3 onwards, the only thing that changes in fights is how roided the same enemies you've been seeing since Act 1 are.

Nope power attack is shit when enemies have insane AC. Proof you've never played the game.also positioning is very important to avoid agro on squishy characters. You have to debuff enemies to win like CON or DEX debuff and use AoE spell carefully.

Basically, chanters sing songs that give party-wide buffs or enemy debuffs. Pretty low key stuff, but its constant. At any time they can stop singing their current song and start a new one, which causes you to get both effects for a short period. Every time you change songs in a fight, they get a special point. You stock up those points, then use them to cast much more powerful mage-tier spells. And while they are doing this they can still fight and such.
So the basic strategy is to get make a list of generally useful songs then just cycle through them every fight, stacking the buffs and casting spells at certain thresholds. I usually make the chanter pull double duty as a ranged DPS but theoretically they can do whatever job as chanting is pretty removed from any one stat requirement.

Oh please stuff like Disgaea and Makai kingdom are the last think you want to be talking about here, those are fun but bare-bones. Disgaea especially is a grind simulator, japs for the life of them can't make an interesting turn based combat for the life of them. Way to expose you are a retarded weeb.

Neither. Play NWN2 with all it's extensions if you alredy played BG2.
P:K is basically taking the biggest sidequest in NWN2 and the last expansion and make a game out of them by dumbing them down and stretching them out.
Also the game writing is childish and unepic. It's like a 15yo's dungeon master's first adventure that doesn't know how to put together a bunch of adventurers. It has a really poor understanding of aligments which forces you to dialog options that go against the aligment you're trying to roleplay.
Very one dimensional as well. Either you do the quest like the game wants you to or it will fail or have no impact at all.
PoE is just a generic crpg.
If all you want is to kill some time either game is OK.

>Still no argument

Attached: 1546098013191.png (360x357, 152K)

Turn based Deadfire by far.

see

Kingmaker

I love kingmaker but should add, grease wasn't in the game at launch it was added in over a month later at the big patch. Early game was.certainly the hardest for many people and not having access to grease really added to it considering you don't get web for a few hours.

If your martial with power attack isn’t hitting something you’ve done something wrong. Also you don’t have to worry about positioning in kingmaker because the ai is brain dead and latches on to the closest enemy it finds. Thats why they have to inflate stats in an insane way the module doesn’t.

I'm.not sure why you are lv1, even without the book there's lots of other stuff you can do.
Did you get any other companions yet?

I said starting from lvl 1, you get lvl 3 through main quest xp by getting there

What argument dude? You are definitely pulling my leg by mentioning frigging Makai Kingdom not to mention Dragon Quest of all things. You are literally grasping at straws especially when mentioning weapon modifiers.

I can safely say that D:OS2 absolutely blows the above mentioned away when it comes to turn based combat including stuff like Tactics Ogre which I very much did enjoy. I doubt we'll get anything like this for some time now.

You know companion AI can be disabled. Very useful when you cast cone or beam aoe spell. Also companion AI has always been terrible in CRPG and if you played with it on, you only have yourself to blame.

Both Pillars 2 and PF:KM can be fun. However, I enjoyed my time with PF:KM a lot more because I was a lot more invested in the story. I like the idea of building my own kingdom and solving various crises along the way. In Pillars 2 you are chasing down a god who killed unnamed people that you, the player, have no emotional investment in, without any clear plan for taking him down. You can comment on the futility of your task but you never really get to make any meaningful choices about doing something differently. You never have any option of actually taking Eothas or any of the other gods down either. In PF:KM, you can ally with nearly all of the boss enemies the game throws at you. Or cleanse the earth of the fey scum. Game supports either decision and the latter is usually characterized as [Lawful Good].

To me the whole eothas business in poe 2 was barely at the edge of my mind, I was very invested in the power struggles among the 4 local factions and the self contained story of every island that had some.

>You are definitely pulling my leg by mentioning frigging Makai Kingdom not to mention Dragon Quest of all things.
I'm most definitely not, but make of that what you will since you yourself have no argument.
>You are literally grasping at straws especially when mentioning weapon modifiers.
Oh yeah, I bet having your daggers do the same exact damage as a mace to armored enemies or slimes is really amazing mechanical design when even eurojank like Gothic managed to do it right.
But I'm afraid that would actually add depth to your turn based MMO so we can't have that, heaven forbid if you do something else than mindlessly cycle through your cooldowns while teleporting around.
>I can safely say that D:OS2 absolutely blows the above mentioned away when it comes to turn based combat
Sure my man, whatever you say.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.webm (358x696, 2.28M)

>having your daggers do the same exact damage as a mace to armored enemies
Like I said grasping at straws, many of the games which you listed don't have this as well. But since you have no arguments and couldn't even come up with a way to defeat the voidwoken without spouting some meme's 'like dude just take higher positioning, just kill the mages lmao' proves you have no idea what you are on about. This is the general issue with people like you who plague this medium. You can't tell good game design from an awful one.

Ohhhh, because things have to get posted there first so they can be screencapped and then posted here, right?
Fucking kill yourself man. This thread is pure Yea Forums content.
Go back to the smash threads

How does Pathfinder magic system compare to PoE's boring limited magic with no out of combat utility?

>many of the games which you listed don't have this as well
Many others do not, and those games at least have the decency of also having other mechanics that matter and a better balance and meta behind them, but keep clinging to one example I made instead of actually discussing the bigger picture.
>and couldn't even come up with a way to defeat the voidwoken without spouting some meme's 'like dude just take higher positioning, just kill the mages lmao'
So now you're also deliberately ignoring all the other things I mentioned while pretending that your shitty teleport spam is somehow an example of mindblowing tactical depth?
Newsflash, everybody knows how broken teleporting things in D:OS2 is, especially since you can teleport up to 10 times in a single character turn just to make the game even more of a broken mess than it already is.

But sure, do ignore how you can just cheese anything with Shackles, do ignore how I suggested you to use Sparking wings on Sebille since you're so fixated in using her, do ignore how you can just summon your unga bunga Blood infused incarnate and demolish the Deepdweller with that alone, do ignore how can just abuse a bait character with Living on the edge/Uncanny Evasion while you wail on your pathetic voidwoken as if it's any kind of a challenge, do ignore Dominate Mind or the free charm grenade you can steal from Kniles a few minutes before that fight.

And you know what all this "tactical depth" amounts to?
The same usual depletion of Physical/Magic armor into mindless ungabunga, because the game doesn't have proper combat design to make melee or even most magic interesting or challenging, it's all the same old battle of attrition that snowballs into a free for all round where you wail on shut down enemies (with the ample, and oh, ever so challenging and sophisticated choice of nearly 8 statuses that all achieve the same exact shutdown but with a different visual effect).

But I am the one grasping at straws here, uh?

Attached: Sneak level 0, Master of Stealth.jpg (1920x1080, 708K)

It's like normal D&D but a little more redundant.

>it's Web: The Game, I swear it's fun guys

how do I get a Pellagina gf bros

>doesn't have proper combat design to make melee or even most magic interesting or challenging
Stop embarrassing yourself already.

OMG stop replying to me.

kek

I'm almost at the end of poe. Does you play as the same character in the second game? If so is there a save import or something?

If only the divinity series was not shackled by it shallow plot and light hearted tone

Yes, you can import, just start a new game in Deadfire. You can also change class, race and background if you wish.

couldnt even finish poe 2
the gay fish and stupid islander totallynotblackpeople accent on every island was too much

>Still no argument
I guess that's all you can manage, not a big surprise though since you think D:OS2 is a tactical or well designed game in any way, shape or form.
But you're in luck since I have to go out now so I don't embarass you further than this, know this though, I do not hate the game, in fact, despite everything it's still one of my favorite CRPGs this decade, together with a few others like Underrail, and one of the very few games that actually does have some kind of sense of adventure, despite the awful level gating and how the game goes to shit after the admittedly sensational Act II, not to mention how fun it is to play with friends online or the genius of having Master mode and the ability to craft your own campaign too, which is sadly underutilized.

Unlike you though, I'm not nearly as deluded to think it's well designed or challenging, it's a fun mess with some good ideas once in a while, great map design, the decency of being turn based and not based on D&D(at least not too much) and some fun litttle quests once in a while, it's a solid game and I'm happy to know people enjoy it, but overhyping it to this point is frankly laughable, and your massive bleeding prolapse at some objective problems that bring an otherwise fantastic game down is embarassing.

Attached: 1549480024896.jpg (600x523, 66K)

user, Original Sin 2 is a well designed, challenging and a tactical game in every shape way or form. Since your arguments are a bit lacking can you stay a little longer to enlighten me?

>want to play Deadfire again to check out the turn based
>wanna try another build
>can't make myself play character that hasn't been imported
Weird enough, playing the first game again I'm actually enjoying this more than Deadfire.

Attached: 1512660960443.jpg (474x476, 35K)

not the guy you been replying to, but even D:OS1 is more tactical than D:OS2, 2 does not utilize positioning nearly as well , LoS and elevation at least mattered a little in 1. I love both games btw