Banjo

Attached: 41872ED2-F25E-4491-B4DB-2A492DCB3513.jpg (300x316, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NyAtWm1owvc&t=2196s
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/451047991/#451047991
youtube.com/watch?v=5r_nGrO5blk
youtube.com/watch?v=GVHkzgiUC_s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tooie > Kazooie

Attached: character.png (914x578, 105K)

Based contrarian

what does this mean, exactly?

t. One Arm Swingier

Still my favorite game

and Kazooie!

Attached: 1550202980101.png (634x451, 134K)

>fighter's pass implied to possibly be all 3rd party
>Spirit deconfirms possibly being a thing
Is he the most likely DLC character at this point?

Didn't even think about the eggs he can use
Wasn't there two rare based spirits in the game?

As far as I know there were 3 unused spirit files in the game. One for Devil's Third (which is an IP Nintendo sold the rights of, which explains why it's unused) and the other two being Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps.
The reason these two went unused is still unclear. Some people said Nintendo somehow owns those IPs in Japan, which would explain why the sprits would be cut (since that's not case worldwide) but I haven't seen a definite source.
Of course the other reason hopefully being: "We can't use these spirits till we announce that we're doing a Rareware crossover" that's the dream.

>"We can't use these spirits till we announce that we're doing a Rareware crossover" that's the dream.
Hoping that's the case since i like Banjo and dare i say it, i'm thinking he's in

>saying this when Banjo Kazooie games are barely talked about nowadays

Hard to say. There isn't enough in-depth research of this whole thing, imo. I feel like just the fact that they considered putting these other western-made Rare IPs into the game could really mean something for Banjo's chances. But at the same time it could mean nothing, since there might be some confusion with the ownership like I mentioned earlier. It's all still confusing.

Bunp

>"Another hit, that's how it goes, watch me fly and pick my nose!"
She'll be in, if they make it right? Even Bayonetta got her enemies in the background of her stage

Attached: grunty.jpg (900x700, 132K)

My dream is to have a codex style interaction where Grunty grills whoever is fighting. Probably gets a thing for Wario due to how gross he is.

Attached: tumblr_mdb4vpXCwt1rkey39o1_250.gif (245x184, 998K)

>"Such an awful, smelly funk! Oh my britches, what a hunk!"

Attached: Grunty_Speaking.gif (142x142, 35K)

With how these dataminers are being so tight lipped its possible there is more they are not telling. I still choose to defend the Rare Spirits due to Blast Corps being mentioned. Jet Force Gemini had the star Twins thing against it, but Blast Corps is %100 Rare. I doubt the spirit team didn't take a few seconds to look up IP ownership. It's not much in the duo's favor but it's a lot more than others. Plus there are other bits going for them that we can look to.

Attached: sEL30FG.png (1080x982, 147K)

Friendly reminder that Tooie is shit.

Grunty is too fun a villain to not use if the Bear and Bird get in.

>"You call those spells, you brain-dead bloke. My power is natural, yours is a joke."

Can be against Robin.

>the Rare spirits
>Phil's constant mentions along with Microsoft's relation with Nintendo
>Sakurai confirming that poll results do matter in some cases
>Implications that the fighter's pass is gonna be all 3rd party
Part of me wants to say: How the fuck are they not in at this point
But I refuse to get my hopes too high up

Can't forget the tweets made by Indie Gamer Chick who has connections with Microsoft. I'm not putting a lot of stock into this one, but it's still a nice piece to dangle over the haters.

Attached: IGC.png (1152x652, 375K)

I still don't trust this bitch. Didn't she say Jill would be in smash and then deleted it or something?

Said she was dropped for political reasons. Thats why I don't put a lot of stock in her tweets. But hey, if the Blockheads want to freak out over the "dig" comment from Xbox Game Pass then we can play that game too.

Is this supposed to mock the meme that Banjo can't be in because of Duck Hunt?

>saying this when Banjo Kazooie games are barely talked about nowadays
>on the site that always brings it up

I love how the "Muh relevancy" argument is constantly brought up when K.Rool and Simon nuked that fallacy from space. Blockheads and haters can't back their claims when called out, so they resort to insults and other inconsequential talking points like game sales.

kino

>indiegamerchick
she a fraud

yes she did, sakurai doesn't care about political shit and would pick Leon first.
aldo claimed GoldenEye007 was coming but someone pointed out it was offhands by both companies

she deleted her tweets in response because she another fraud twitter leaker.

the only one you can listen to is Liam because he says a Microsoft rep is confirmed happening and will verify if its indeed Banjo.

Attached: 1551464836625.png (720x379, 81K)

>the only one you can listen to is Liam

Attached: smugchu.jpg (567x580, 25K)

except K.Rool DID get in due to Relevancy
he has legacy and that helped him in the ballot

meanwhile retards thought being the most recent shitter or newest pooch would get in, where to Chrom (who wasnt the newest lord at the time) and Incineroar (who wasnt the shillmon) knocked that down.

I'll take your word on it. Who's Liam though?

youtube.com/watch?v=NyAtWm1owvc&t=2196s

Plus can we put some stock in this guy? I've heard he's really credible, and this guy reveals this info while claiming to not be a Rareware fan. I've seen no one else talking about this.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/451047991/#451047991
now tell me why Liam Robertson is less reliable than Vergeben and IGC, Stevecuck?

see not sure

Banjo also has a legacy to his credit since he was basically part of the Nintendo family when they were on the 64. When I bring up K.Rool I mean that he has not had any sort of main line appearance since DK64. There was an appearance in Sluggers but that was a spin-off game. Even if it was not on a Nintendo console, Bano-Kazooie's legacy continued on with Microsoft. If we want to get super technical we can still claim Banjo is relevant due to Rare Replay being released in 2015. Then again the concept of relevancy is based in one's own personal perception. I'd argue that Phil Spencer's tweets about them counts towards their relevance since he made a point to bring them up when more "relevant" franchises like Minecraft could've been shilled out.

Attached: DywAARJXQAAWvMC.jpg large.jpg (1200x1200, 233K)

>predicted correctly there wouldn't be too many new fighters in the next Smash
No fucking shit, it's roster is already ridiculous by fighting game standards.
He definitely does actual digging unlike Vergebitch, but he's still a bitch baby that likes to open his mouth before he gets everything.

the special thing is that it was since 2016 he claimed, which was when Smash was still in planning.
you think virginben could do that?

I like see his face if he does dig up that Banjo is in

There were attempts to get Goldeneye on Wii VC and Xbox Live but neither could make it happen. Too expensive even if all the licenses are not tied up.

dont forget Joker

Attached: the chad jrpg won.jpg (1280x1320, 591K)

Honestly I'd prefer not knowing until Nintendo reveals them properly. Lord knows how hype I was when I saw that big, fat croc stomp into the spotlight.

You'd think he'd have that info out by now. Considering how small the DLC team is, you'd think the concept of leaks would be patched up. Then again this isn't stopping leakers from other companies hearing about a character from their group being negotiated for the DLC. This is why I don't quite believe leaks that talk about all characters. I seems way to convenient that this leaker would have sources from almost all gaming companies and would have complex, intricate details on stages, release dates, and reasons why they are included as Smash DLC.

info only trickles down, everything else doesnt comes right as things are being developed
another reason why Joker wasnt leaked by the two Plant leakers already since September, especially when the lineup wasnt finalized until later. (Although Noatesty said he didnt want to spoil the next DLC after plant, if that was read correctly)

>banjo threads are permanently ruined due to smashfag autism

Attached: 1551153773573.jpg (540x540, 35K)

also that's another way to get a wave of people to get fired
for example: if Erdrick rumors were true, several S-E worker are already laid off by the jews of the company already.

and i think i heard someone leaked a video of Power Rangers Battle for the Grid to where the company was upset and fired a lot of employees before officially revealing the game

>You're literally just another fighter's cartoon! Did they really run out of ideas so soon?
>A world famous jumping plumber... could there be anything more dumber?
>Even a secretary has joined the fight! Can't they make any roster decisions right?
>Golly, yet another fighter with a sword. Don't tell me, you're also some kind of lord?
>Ill fitting clothes and a stench you can't stand... Oh my, could there be more of a handsome man?
>Another child in Smash, oh brother. Why don't you go cry home to your mot- Oh. Uh... Sorry.
>This monkey sidekick is second rate! Any friend of the bear is worth all of my hate!
>All day long this fat yellow puck eats, watching him lose will be an even better treat!
>Thank goodness you take others' powers, your own moves are stale and sour!
>You're just one character but earlier in time, your laziness is hardly worth my rhyme!

>"Dark Pit"? ...Really, that's it?

Well then, good thing it isn't Erdrick

Attached: basedsora.png (327x364, 134K)

Attached: Z7HeRxU.png (512x512, 361K)

Everything about B-K has been discussed to death already

I always thought the dragonfly in the intro was a spoof/dig at Spyro but now I know Spyro was 3 months later. How bout that.

Incelrorar was such a waste of a slot, and more so another >pokemon character too

Plus if they get in we could possibly see more in the works for them. Rare may not want to do it but I bet Retro studios would love to work on a BK game.

I don't really want a sequel, just for the bear and bird to be in a Nintendo crossover where they belonged decades ago. Only two people from the old team still work at Rare, and Gregg is the one who made N&B into a car game anyways so who knows if you can trust him to return to form.
Sure maybe the Retro team could pull it off better than anyone else, but I feel like it needs to keep its Britishness.

Attached: 1541835051079.png (640x350, 43K)

>Wasting Retro's talents in BK
Would prefer more MP and DKC from them honestly.

>"something different? That's wasteful!"

Nah, I vastly prefer Prime and DKC over BK. It's not like the BK games were that great.

There was a decent Banjo thread that had minimal Smash autism. You just have to specify no Smash shit in the OP.

>just for the bear and bird to be in a Nintendo crossover where they belonged decades ago
Diddy Kong Racing?

Banjo-Kazooie is barely removed from Mario at all.

THE Nintendo crossover. But it might be the closest there will ever be.

Attached: diddy is the key to all of this.jpg (1000x1000, 313K)

>THE Nintendo crossover.
Oh! Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, right?

Hi, Steve

There are mixed messages coming from that macro. It's clearly meant to just be 'cringe humor' or whatever its called

Funky was in Mario Kart Wii. How do you even top that?

Are the Rare replay versions good?

>Can't give a different opinion from the BK hivemind without having a steve response
Pretty much rent free I guess. I said before, I don't really think the games were that good to warrant revival from retro especially when there are other games that I would prefer.

By adding Danica Patrick like Sonic did for his racing game

Conker is in DKR.

>come into a thread just to say the games are bad and not give any other meaningful opinions or thoughts
Kinda synonymous with Steve posting, hence the joke. But the fact that you took the 'rent-free' card tells me you actually used to be one.
Sorry for your loss. Here's one last pity (you)

I know, that's why the box is next to it. But it's hard to believe if that's the same Conker so it must be a separate canon right?

fpbp

oof

Im telling you rent-free since you are the first one to bring up steve. Unironically they are less cancerous than banjofags, as you get triggered by anything. Never said the games were bad, just not that I dont consider them to be as great to the other offering from Retro which is a studio I like and would prefer them to focus on their other offerings. I would think that other studios could make a decent job for them, but certainly not Retro.

Conker just hit a few really rough years after his racing years and a few birthdays-gone-wrong. Not to mention he dumped his Berri for another taller, prettier Berri, and the stress of keeping her happy got to him

8.8.18 (K. Rool Day) will always be legendary

Furious refusteve zooming niggerfaggot
Banjo and Kazooie are coming home after 20 years, don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to get to know them to make up for the 5 years that they were around before you were born

stop falseflagging bitch

Attached: 1540673967218.png (266x367, 102K)

Retarded zoomer rosterfag

It's not a fallacy if Sakurai is the one that keeps pushing it in the first place. Are you retarded? Also, don't lump Simon together with K Rool since Castlevania has stayed more relevant than K Rool has.

Never talking about smash faggot, imagine having steve living rent free on your mind.

>Sakurai is the one pushing it
How so? he's brought retro shit to every smash since Melee.
>since Castelvania has stayed more relevant than K. Rool has
No shit. And DK has stayed relevant even moreso. But has Simon? Let alone the classic conan-version of him that appears in Ultimate? Or even Richter for that matter?
Are YOU retarded?

are you rarted?

Oof! Did you @everyone for backup? You shouldn't do that, you're taking up precious yiffing time!

Praying to Jiggywiggy that it's true

Attached: 2019-02-10 23_41_03-Grant Kirkhope on Twitter.png (583x305, 41K)

the all-important question that actually matters:
If he got it, would they still retain his N64 voice clips? Guh-huh, and what not?

>How so? he's brought retro shit to every smash since Melee.
Most of the retro shit wasn't even added to have retro shit in the game. Shit like Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt were added for the same reason Piranha Plant was. And the retro shit that gets added is only a small part of the new content, which tends to focus on recent games.
>But has Simon? Let alone the classic conan-version of him that appears in Ultimate? Or even Richter for that matter?
Simon Belmont is the most well known Belmont and usually the one Konami picks for crossovers. Richter's games got re-released very recently. For a series with rotating protagonists, neither Simon or Richter are irrelevant in their series.

>Incineroar
>Not a shillmon

>they get in
>classic designs and all
>they get stuck with stock bear and beard sound effects

Attached: Lisa's_Nightmare.jpg (194x146, 7K)

Not much of a shillmon when Mimikyu, Rowlet and Lycanroc-Dusk exist and he only got in because Sakurai likes wrestling and likes adding new Pokemon reps.

They pretty much always sounded the same
youtube.com/watch?v=5r_nGrO5blk

But then this should be the star KO sound youtube.com/watch?v=GVHkzgiUC_s

I'm still not seeing how Sakurai has ever gave the impression that older characters were impossible. Even if you don't consider K. Rool a "retro" character along the lines of Game & Watch, ROB, and whatnot, K. Rool has still been in almost every Donkey Kong game.
If you put together K. Rool, Simon, and theoretically Banjo, that's only 3/12 unique newcomers slots given to old/retro stuff. That's considered a small part, wouldn't you say?

>Bear and Beard
kek

It's not that older characters are impossible, just unlikely. Only retards say older characters are impossible. But it's obvious to see that Sakurai favors recent characters and on-going franchises when it comes to character selection. Ultimate was different because he used the ballot for a couple of newcomers instead of his typical preferences.

I can take whatever monkey paws you got, it would be worth it in the end

How about this?

Attached: 1543060631987.png (210x400, 91K)

this is pretty likely to happen if the 5ch leak is true

>I don't like this game series as much as these other game series so Retro shouldn't bother.
It's that sort of self-entitlement that got Tropical Freeze such a cold reception when it was announced. Remember? "Another fucking Donkey Kong Country?"

> 5ch leak, which say that the 5 characters will be announced up to E3

It would be great if Nintendo announced all the characters by the time E3 hits. Would stop a lot of Smash shitposting too.

That would be cool yep

TF cold reception was metroidfags obsessed with prime 4, I was happy when DKCR was shown initially and loved DKCTF so that I have both WiiU and SW versions of it. If I prefer other series for retro to make other than BK, just accept that I have a different view and just live with it.

The Smash Direct is probably coming up pretty soon, so we'll find out what's true and what isn't by the time Joker is released.

I accept you have different views, you are entitled to them, but I find it ironic that as a fan of Tropical Freeze, you are acting just like a spoiled Metroidfag.

Attached: R8bY6xF.png (922x518, 341K)

>Update
Well, if they don't announce 2 new characters in this direct, the leak would be fake.

I find it annoying when people assume stupid shit, I just said that I would prefer other shit from retro that I like more than bk. If you prefer for retro to work on bk, power to you I guess.

>he can stand upright and punch and kick
I know this pic is a shitpost but I couldn't help but think of the DK Rap
>he's the last member of the DLC picks. HUH

I can't see that happening. They secretly love this feverish hype train, and are gonna slow drip us till Feb 2020

Oh man. That'd be EVIL if they saved that final reveal as a same day reveal/release.

I think Nintendo has greater control over character reveals this time. I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal all characters by E3.

After every other favorite franchise of mine being resurrected these past couple years, I'm still holding on to the duo too.

After the last dozen animu swordsmen or so, anybody bitching about other characters' similarities is just a hypocrite.

Attached: glyl6ksknlunjawk3eiu.jpg (1860x1046, 250K)

Actually playing through Spyro Reignited right now. Just platinumed N. Sane Trilogy before that, and I'm looking forward to the MediEvil remake. A BK collection like that would be such easy money