Arena shooters were shit

arena shooters were shit

Attached: 0000000283.1920x1080.jpg (800x600, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RUCtMIjL-Z4
youtube.com/watch?v=eNcBa3LpIhk
youtube.com/watch?v=VAVsJI2PCiM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no you are shit
pick rocket launcher and shoot at the ground where they stand

This

I don't get why people think this genre is skill when its mostly splash damage weapons

Fast movement with big hitboxes and slow movement with small hitboxes require about the same level of skill, but former is fun and latter is boring.

zoom zoom!

Halo being on PC is really going to change this opinion for a lot of people I think. Once you get into the "Swiss Army Knife" mentality and see what methodical map control looks like, we won't have so many arenaonly PC gamers running around.

If it were true, cs would have been on a verge of dying instead of quake.

what is the best arena shooter you can play right now lads

>but former is fun
Cringe, arena shooters are too barebones. Basic objectives, no teamwork, no planning, no abilities, no classes

Just move and shoot

Modded unreal tournament was a fucking paradise that hasn't been replicated by any other online fps ever since.

Attached: zoomer_pc.gif (350x409, 437K)

Arena shooters really were the MOBAs of their time, cheap and fun games with little depth and a touch of skill so you could enjoy scratch that competitive itch

>when its mostly splash damage weapons
You nevre played one, right? No need to pretend.

Still Quake 3...

>Just move and shoot
Thank good for that. No bullshit what patch favors what hero the most to dominate but pure skill needed to be good.

>no teamwork, no planning
But you could'bve said that you simply never played one.

nah
youtu.be/RUCtMIjL-Z4

>RGB and Casemodding are a zoomer phenomenon

Attached: 2002 mod.jpg (604x453, 60K)

>MUH PURE SKILL
Boring, retards like you want the most barebones games imaginable

>muh you never planned it
No teamwork or planning required retard, just run and grab flag and run back and shoot

yeah because arenas had no map control

doom 2016

a casual dm game is a niche that isn't being filled right now

>i-i-it existed back then it means its the same

Are you legit retarded? Did your alcoholic mother dropped you as a kid? You seriously compare painted/custom exterior with these Christmas trees/lighthouse rigs from today? RGB trash wasn't nowhere near as widespread back then and neither was the trend to make the interior look like modern artpiece and displaying it, not like you would know, you daft twat. Unlike now people didn't use their PC to illuminate their room and neither did people thought it was cool to have pastel coloured keyboards without numpads.

Don't @ me, you little shit.

Attached: Now what.jpg (600x449, 48K)

u mad

Halo is SHIT

TF2 killed Quake, CS is for an entirely different crowd.

ID Software killed Quake, nobody else.

Casemodding was a thing, but RGB to the extent we have now wasn't even possible. LEDs, particularly blue and white ones, were borderline magitech in the 90s and early 00s, and red and green ones that were availible were at best those pimple ones.

whatever retard

Halo is already on PC

is quake single player worth playing?

If you like that sort of shooter.

>Not these kino
youtube.com/watch?v=eNcBa3LpIhk
youtube.com/watch?v=VAVsJI2PCiM

Do you like going though the same brown castle environment with bullet sponge enemies?

straight up the dumbest post i've read on Yea Forums in 11 years

Quake 1 and 2 have single player campaigns, I think they're still worth to play.
Quake 3 "campaign" is essentially multiplayer with bots.
Quake 4 is barely a quake.

How does armor in quake work? For example I received direct hit of rocket(100hp), I had 100hp and 50 armor before rocket, how much health and armor will I have?

Armor reduces health damage taken instead of blocking all damage. As for your example, it depends on what color armor you have. For instance, Red armor will block more damage than yellow.

I forgot to specify that I was asking about quake 3, and here there's no difference between armour protection power(66%), just amount of armour points.

Cope

>Humiliation

Quake 4 feels like a Wolfenstein or Doom game.

I killed Quake, AMA

>Quake 4 feels like a Wolfenstein but bad
maybe

I bet arena shooters died because there's no real progression inside the matches, you basically just do the same thing until it's over