Imagine being a Google gamer

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/03/all-signs-point-to-a-google-game-console-announcement-at-gdc/

Imagine being a Google gamer.

Attached: google_stream_controller_2.jpg (1279x800, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

careers.google.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

> uses google play accounts
> google Wrongspeak TM constantly scanning 100% of text on servers
> every button press, speech and ball scratch instantly uploaded to google identities TM to sell
nah dawg.

Attached: Me No Likey.jpg (328x338, 27K)

Datamining on a scale epic can only dream of.

Smartphones already do that better.

It's just going to be some garbage android box that streams games with some onlive kind of service running

Full of third party shit but no exclusives

Is that a fucking microphone in the controller?
How many listening devices do they need? Aren't smartphones enough for them?

>Statistics of all button presses are collected
>A button overwhelmingly most used
>Warning appears that you are not supporting diversity by pressing all buttons equally
>Ignore warnings
>Account gets banned
>Google does it again

I'm honestly excited about seeing such a huge player finally get involved in the hardcore gaming market and not just the shitty casual smartphone gacha shit.

Google is massive, they have awesome technology, always on the edge of revolutionary changes in every industry they touch. I'm super excited to see what the future of the gaming industry will look like.
Finally all old and rusty garbage game dev companies like EA, Ubisoft, Valve, Sony, etc will have to step aside. Google is fucking KING

Attached: yl3mjhnd5ai11.jpg (813x1024, 100K)

based niaposter

Attached: nani_nia.png (720x1200, 1.22M)

Google also has no devs, no exclusives, will 100% force some android shit and integration into their "google" family of chromecast and other google based devices.

Don't post my wife while praising a company this garbage.

Imagine being a Sony Gamer.

>no devs
Its base technology is a streaming service. It will have as many games as the entire PC gaming market, and more.

Attached: 1515898215019.jpg (600x591, 87K)

So nothing worth getting?
Why would I buy a shitty google data collecting machine that "streams" third party games I could just play on my PC?

This is as big of a failure as Valve's steam boxes just with a bigger name behind it.

Better performance, cheaper, no need to buy a $4k gaming PC, no need for hardware upgrades, you can play anywhere on any device (laptop while on vacation, chromecast or similar at home on your tv, etc), if they introduce subscription services you might have access to a larger library at a cheaper price (think Netflix for games), etc

Do I really need to spell out the obvious for you?

Attached: 1515895662420.jpg (1024x956, 144K)

>caring about having your data sold
That's only a problem if they reveal your identity to customers, which they don't.

Imagine being a googamer

>better performance than PC
Stopped reading, you are clearly retarded

Better performance and stability for your average player without having to drop a grand or more in PC gaming hardware, you brainlet.

get fucked, you brainwashed companywhore shill faggot

Yeah man, google really revolutionzed social media with Google+ and glasses with google glass. Their development side has been shit for the last 3 or so years, they coast on money from harvesting user data. Even their phones have become trash outside of "muh camera". Just because they have a lot of money doesnt make everything they touch gold. Pixel Slate is a good recent example of "quality" google hardware

So how is the new google gamer generation is going to be called?
Zoomers are already taken, what's next? Goomer? Nu-mer?

retards

Google+ revolutionized a lot of the social media scene when it came out. It bought forward groundbreaking technologies like circles and real-name policies which, despite being controversial, ended up shaping the current modern social media layout. Facebook were literally shitting their pants when G+ came out and scrambled to emulate it at best they could both in interface and features (privacy, circles, etc) in order not to lag behind and lose their customers.

However, G+ didn't succeed as a product because of how massive Facebook was and how important userbase is for social media (which is irrelevant for the gaming industry). But that's a topic for another time, I doubt a brainlet like you would understand anyway. You probably weren't even born when Facebook and G+ came out.

Attached: 1516142691163.jpg (558x583, 184K)

Holy cringe
Go shill your googoo gaagaa garbage ouyabox elsewhere

I have no idea what they are thinking doing this but it isnt going to work. Lets see those launch titles and exclusives! Im sure there will be many that validate this consoles existence and gives reason to own it over literally anything else.

They'll just have third party shit like DOOM, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Assassin's Creed etc.

retard alert

>get banned from google
>go into work
>get called into HR

Are you a Googler? Can you help me get an internship?

Youre an idiot. Google+ did nothing and failed spectacularly. Even google admits it at this point. I still remember when everyone was furious that their youtube account had to be linked to G+ and it was fucking up all kinds of things. You sound like a google shill, but honestly you're probably just blindly optimistic over a streaming box

Not a Googler, but look at careers.google.com/ maybe?

goo goo ga ga

>Playing the gooogle home
>i think gays are wack
>get banned

No way anyone not at Google could link so fast.

Literally searched for "Google careers" and it's the first link.

Attached: 1516142092248.jpg (433x433, 97K)

>New console is called the Googa
>Literally the Ouya
can't wait for the threads

Dude, angry birds in 4K, so hype

I kept telling you all, games are becoming a service rather than a product. The next gen consoles are all also going to have new games be streamable, with an extra fee to download them. They will have super cheap models that do streaming only. Physical media will die within the next decade.

Hi, I'm a Googler. Ask me anything.

For internships, at least for Europe, we usually open applications around end of August/beginning of September, there's some time for screening and interviews and if you pass that, around January/February of the following year (I think) you should get a "host matching phase" where you get presented some internship projects and teams you might be interested in. You get to choose (your future host also gets a say based on your CV and interests if it's a project appropriate teo you) and usually start in the late spring/early summer of the same year.

So for Summer 2020 you need to apply by September 2019. As said, usually internship positions open on the site when the time is right. It might be slightly different for the US but it should be mostly the same.

Best of luck!

Attached: nepnepsmile.png (316x263, 119K)

>Implying Nintendo won't exist in 10 years

Does Google at least pay you commission for being an embarrassment?

I’d have to be a massive faggot so I’m afraid that’s impossible.

Im white and not a tranny, theres no chance. Off yourself nigger

>giving money to googlel
"No."

And when you say something "offensive" your account gets banned permanently.

They'll just put some 5G shit in their next portable

Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm too brainlet to even qualify.

Reminder not to use gmail or google search. Fuck this company, part of whats ruining the world. And now they want to ruin video games. They can eat shit

google intern spotted

the battle of the century

Attached: googa vs madbox.png (1900x563, 394K)

You never know until you try, if you have a relevant degree or are studying in the relevant field, you're already ahead of a lot of other applicants (well, you can only get an internship if you're studying anyway). It costs nothing to try, I also thought it was out of my league but eventually it worked out.

Why does the right one look like it's melting away?

this shit is gonna fail so hard
the market can barely accommodate for 3 consoles, a fourth means this shit is gonna go the way of the OUYA real quick.

Its going to fail, we all know that, all I can think of is how Google has been pissing money up against a wall even when Youtube actually costs them money to keep running. There are alot of things Google could be doing, making a videogame consoles was not one of those things. I can only imagine how chalked full of adverts the homepage is going to be and clicking any function will direct you to another advert.
>ow my balls!
Were getting closer.

Well, this is damn exciting. I'm a Google fan and a gamer, although I thought ne'er the twain shall meet. Interested to see where this goes.

Atari VCS 2019 will beat them both

>Google sees that you only plays as girls
>Google sees that you speed too much time on their costumes

>You start receiving HTR adds and tranny propaganda

Attached: 1528322609246.png (284x373, 145K)

You know moot at all? Have you tried getting in touch with him?

if this won't bring chrissy back then i don't care about it

>gotta solve the captcha to turn it on
>gotta solve it again to turn in the controller
>and again to login
>and again to insert a game

I've seen him around when I was visiting Japan but I didn't talk to him
I'm actually transferring to Japan and will be working in the same office as him next year though

hope an eartquake buries your entire building alive

That's not nice

Attached: tears_in_the_eyes.jpg (293x295, 25K)

>Playing the google console in my room
>hey user do you want pizza?
>no thanks
>suddenly pizza ads in the loading screen
>yfw

Please drink verification can

you better get some info for us, we need to know what the fuck he's doing

timestamped proofs or you're a nigger

He's just a program manager for whatever, nothing really fancy I think

>timestamped proofs or you're a nigger
You wouldn't believe me anyway, what's the point

The day Google sets a standard for games exclusively as a streaming service is the day I stop playing video games

Keep in mind it won't be using Windows, because of the licensing nightmares and power that would give Microsoft over the service. Based on what people were able to work out from the Assassins Creed test it will be using AMD hardware with the RadV driver plus DXVK + Wine (What Valve calls Proton). That opens up huge chunks of the PC gaming library but its still not quite a 100% solution, though the same thing can be said of Windows 10's own legacy compatibility solution.

Streaming is the next logical step of digital distribution, anyone that has paid for digital distribution voted with their wallet for streaming.
Games are already a "service", what do you think digital distribution is? Me pirating games is a service problem, I'm not willing to pay for games as a service which all paid digital distribution inherently is and PC is digital only so I'm forced to pirate.

>tfw this happened unironically while talking about random topics irl with friend, get related ad immediately after
I wanna go live innawoods

Attached: 1536636056385.gif (268x185, 1.17M)

that's why I am asking for something, anyways what games is this piece of shit going to have? only android games or the rumors are true and they're gonna have some sega IPs as exclusive games?

>ars technica
fake news

Attached: arstechnica.jpg (1001x652, 248K)

Bait or retarded.

I've played some of the games in the internal version. I can't and won't talk about it specifically because I don't want to be in trouble but they are all triple A very well known and successful big title games. No mobile bullshit. From various triple A companies too, not just a single one.

That's all I will say.

Repeat after me: game streaming will not work. The fucking infrastructure does not exist. You cannot overcome Input latency.

No shit it's Google they got Disney money

>im so excited for huge players in the market

are you like literally retarded? its 2019, we already have multi-billion dollar international tech giants 'in the industry'. no fucking way would i trust a company like google to not fuck me over in some retarded way like banning all my vidya for hate speech when I call someone a 'bad' name or for doing a search engine for 'problematic' topics.

This is the most realistic and funny.

It'll work if the industry moves towards it at a steady pace and feeds normalfags a "convenient, 1 month free trial" vidya streaming service and they'll eat it up because "omg its like netflix but with games no need to spend 60 bucks on a new game anymore yay". PS Now just got introduced in some european countries
Fucking mark this post because this is what will happen.

>no need for a 4k computer

first off faggot, 1-2k pc has always been top of the line if you built ur own

secondly cocksucker, people already pay the same amount of money for their iphones or whatever tracking bullshit you faggots carry around with you and they buy it more often than new pc purchases

thirdly, fuck your dystopian 5g cancer rays required for wireless streaming. you are a retard if you seriously think some streaming device for video games is going to be anything less than 500$ a pop.

Some of you autists probably already did meme wojaks/ pepes with this new google console.

Post em. I find them hilarious.

Attached: switch.jpg (971x811, 200K)

kek, i remember the days people think google is morale, customer-friendly company fighting evil microsoft. it turned out to be even worse.

They literally changed their pledge at some point and got rid of the don't be evil clause

I literally stream ps4 and steam games all the time on my commute to work, every day, with 4G data and it works just fine. Input latency is fine for most games with a controller. And this is me with my shitty consumer upload rate at home and my normie 4G data plan. What makes you think Google does not have the infrastructure to carry this?

>I-I can't wait to see all the games from google

We lost fantasy somewhere on the road, a long time ago. I'd maybe read more books and leave games to my kids.

t. newgrounds rejects only as exclusives.

>who are you?
>im you, but flatter!

I'd bet a service like the Xbox Gaming Pass - where you pay a monthly fee to have access to a catalog you can download and play - will take over before Streaming does. Streaming still have too many technical issues.

Both, however, are a problem.

Google Big Non-Gender Specified Sibling™ detected following violation of user EULA prompting a ban
>using n-word
>complaining about globalization
>wrong opinion
>christian prayer
>rumors about "consumer rights"
You can appeal that ban but doing it unsuccessfully will be followed by disabling your Mark of the Beast™ until you check your privilege

Attached: abs.jpg (400x400, 91K)

>Jade went from AC to google streaming
E-EA was a good idea. None has that comic, with the girl that ended up totally broken?

i bet a tech-giant like google know what it is doing. they wouldnt start a streaming service if didnt work.

People do realize that once this goes nowhere, google will just clap the dust of their hands and say, "Well, that's that."

... right?

We all know that major tech devices of the last ten years were data gathering systems.
Google to know what people like, apple to know who they know/meet, home AI to know what you're doing in spare time, google street to know how is your house.

We can add the medical datas gathered by hospital and laboratories, and we get a massive data system powered by evolving AI. This is the next weapon of war, social models based on real facts.

Anyway, my question is what is the purpose of video games in this system ? Important people don't play games and NEETS aren't part of interesting people.
My bet is that google want to create/use videogame as a decoy, to blur people on their dark purposes. Their games won't be a solid part of the society, just boingboing stuff.

or they just want to make money. gaming became mainstream hobby with zoomer gen. pie gets bigger and bigger and google wants their piece.

How much does google have in the bank?
I assume they are so rich that they don't even want to focus on just maximizing money but doing other stuff. Like maybe secret occult stuff?

>real-name policies which, despite being controversial, ended up shaping the current modern social media layout
shaping it for the worse you fucking retard.

>he thinks they don't
laughable

literally ouya 2.0

jesus christ i can't even pretend to be this retarded

Attached: btfo.png (252x200, 63K)

>sign up requires real name and identity linked to Google account
>default avatars are all colored people and women
>online play requires completing an inclusivity tutorial about how to be more tolerant towards other gamers

Attached: cat_11.png (622x621, 498K)

I would curbstomp you if I ever saw you on the street.

>Google is massive, they have awesome technology, always on the edge of revolutionary changes in every industry they touch. I'm super excited to see what the future of the gaming industry will look like.
Ah yes hopefully it will be like the last time a tech giant jumped into the gaming industry. In 2001 microsoft revolutionized the gaming industry with their Xbox console which set the standard on how you should pay the hardware manufacturers monthly fees if you want to game online as well as leading the way on bullshit "services" like DLC which is standard on every single game release now.