40 hours battery life

>40 hours battery life

Why are people mad this costs $55 again?

Attached: 5748618_sd.jpg (550x382, 27K)

I got mine for 60 bucks at target, where did you get 55?

I can poop out a turd, stick a battery inside and also argue that it has 10000 hours battery life, but it doesn't make the turd suddenly a good product.

Since a lot of people here are too care to use double joy-cons, they act like they’re being forced to buy the pro.

It's pretty good and I like the ergonomics of it.
You can also consider it used USB-C, has an NFC reader and very accurate gyro.

The only negatives are the dpad is inaccurate unless you use scotch tape on the board.

Best controller, Well, nearly.
If only it had a better dpad

cos the last one was 80 hours

I dunno, that strategy has worked for Sony for four generations now, minus the battery life.

i heard pro-controller doesn't have motion controls

Even then the dpad just dosent feel acurate compared to the xboners tactile clicky one

People complain about the d pad but I never had a problem with it. Meanwhile my sticks started drifting and it makes monster hunter a lot harder to play

Im just mad i have 3 controllers of 3 different companys where the only real difference is the analog triggers.. why cant i use 1 controller for everything?

you heard wrong.
It has gyro and even the fucking amiibo reader.

The dpad on the Switch Pro and XBOX gamepads is pretty much useless with their placements anyway.
Very uncomfortable for platformers.

Why do you think Splatoon 2 players are suggesting buying it then if it has no motion controls?

idk, my friends suck at vidya info anyway

The D-Pad is utter trash.

Attached: ss (2015-01-27 at 04.08.14).jpg (418x411, 19K)

>food analogy

That shit is 89.99 in canada, for reference brand new aaa games are 79.99

The Wii U pro had 80 hour life and cost less. The price is inflated because of pointless shit like "HD rumble"

>poop is food to this guy
mein gott

>canadian ""dollars""
Lmao

Why whould you even need 40 hours of battery life?

Also, are those domed thumbsticks even comfy or are they slippery as fuck?

How awful is the dpad? I’ve got an 8bitdo FC30 for platformers that need a good dpad. The sticks are fine but, but for modern games I’m down with the asymmetrical sticks.

Perfectly describes the sonyfags

The lack of analog triggers kind of turns me off of it, but I guess they aren't rly used for a lot of games if you think about it. Does anybody find it to be a problem?

Is the battery meant to drain when I’m not using it? After a week of non-use I find it empty or almost.

mine is pretty well worn by now and I've never had slipping thumb issues, pretty comfy controller overall but I wish it had the button layout of the Wii U pro controller

I've got both the original and the Xenoblade 2 version and the d-pad feels fixed on the Xeno one. I don't know if it's also fixed on the later models of the original

ninty hasn't used analog shoulder buttons since the gamecube and I kinda miss them but no Nintendo game is designed around having them, some third party games might have a bit of missing functionality though

It shouldn't require opening to fix the dpad for the price it's sold at

Why can't I use this bad boy on the switch?

Attached: 41dwqbWAydL.jpg (500x365, 22K)

Because they make more money by forcing you to buy a switch pro instead

You can, but you need to buy a 3rd party USB adapter, I think

It has a 40 hour battery life probably because it's such a shit controller that lacks even the most basic feattures, such as a 3.5mm jack for audio.
Deal breaker right there. Not to mention horrid D-pad and Pretendo triggers.

I got mine for €55 and that's a fine price if it were the retail price, but it's not. Normally it's €70 here, which is stupidly expensive for a controller.

this, you can buy Magic-NS switch adapter, it allows you to use any controller on any platform, best purchase i made, bought it for 25$ and then bought a brandless wii u controller and it works flawlessly

>no analog triggers
>precise, but weak rumble
>connects to PCs but doesn't support xinput
>no audio jack
>no expansion port
Unless you need that HD rumble or NFC I don't see why you'd get it over the SN30 Pro

>>no analog triggers

why are people so autistic over this shit

>analog triggers
>precise rumble
These literally sound like buzzwords to me. What do they mean?

The triggers on the Switch pro are digital, either on or off. DS4 and Xbone have then go between 0 and 255.

Precise rumble refers to the HD rumble. Remember the "ice cubes in a glass" demo during the Swirch's reveal?

I'm mad for the ghost inputs
Been playing Tetris99 lately and this fucking thing more than once it just insta-drop the tetrimini while I just press left or right.
Is there any way I can prevent this?

>look it up
>its shape is a replica of the snes controller
Well one reason I guess is that the snes controller was fucking shit

For a 70$ controller it really should have an aux input or at least real triggers.

Attached: D0dfjCNVsAARcuS.jpg (1200x1600, 234K)

>audio jack on controller

Holy fucking shit. What normalfags are lurking here. GTFO seriously.

But you are right with the fucked up/buggy DPAD. I hope they fixed this on newer ones.

They think analog triggers means that gamecube games will come. They are delusional.

>basic features
>3.5mm jack audio
Weak bait. Only sony and microsoft provide that shit.

Wii U gamepad had a headphone jack.

I love those fanboys that are SO fanboy that they even shit on previous Nintendo consoles too.
And yes, precisely because Sony and MS did this since 7th gen it has become a standard. Not ALL companies need to do a thing for it to be considered normal. 80% of the market does it, so it is standard and anyone who doesn't do it is shit. That simple.

>Wii U gamepad
user, please...

Audio jack doesn't prevent you from playing. it's not a mandatory feature you dumb dumb.
also
>since 7th gen
I don't remember Sony putting an audio jack on their DS3 controllers.
While it's nice to have it as a feature, it's a completely optional one and ctiing it into the basic features is retarded.

>Why are people mad this costs $55 again?
because the Wii U Pro was both cheaper and better in pretty much every way except for the glossy surface.

Yes it's as optional as forcing you to buy bluetooth headsets, or using headsets at all, or forcing you to change your workspace to have the monitor within headphone cable length. No one NEEDS to use good headphones with a cable, and I don't NEED to own a Switch either.

Most things in life are optional. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be there, especially when the competition has vastly superior controllers on every possible way except for battery life, with more features, and cost less.
Online saves is another example, they are indeed optional but yet another dealbreaker for me not owning a Switch (one of like 10+ dealbreakers). I find it hilarious how they managed to do it in SUCH a half-assed manner that it may as well not exist when it doesn't work with all games.

because the console doesn't come with it

That's my favorite feature about it. Can take audio via gamepad instead of TV while using Pro Controller. But doesn't work with all games, WWHD being an example.
Though for me it's because I get slight static noise or whatever when plug headphones to TV, maybe could be fixed but it's not too noticeable, similar sound get with CRT too.

What competition? Those other controllers doesn't even work on the switch. Of course if you plan of using them on other platforms (such as Steam on PC which basically supports every first-party controller) you'd want the most functional one.