If I'm looking to delve into the post-game of one of the Disgaea games, which one is the most "beginner friendly"?

If I'm looking to delve into the post-game of one of the Disgaea games, which one is the most "beginner friendly"?

Disgaea thread

Attached: etnaswimsuit.jpg (1700x1200, 418K)

Disgaea 5
Stay away from 4 it’s a nightmare

I don't know which is the best, but I know that 4 can be random and frustrating as fuck so it's probably best to stay away from that one.

cute and funny girl, op

5 is too easy so for a beginer it's ok.
DD2 one can flow nicely if you use the Priere trick.

Etna appeals to me.

I was considering D5, but I'd heard that it's post-game is vastly different from the rest of the series, and I'm not sure I want to cripple myself with information that's not so retroactive.

All Disgaea games teach you as you play. As the other user said, Disgaea 4 and 5 use advanced mechanics, but Disgaea 4 is more punishing for new players, especially with the high enemy count. Yet the Valvatorez DLC contains exploits for leveling.

You already made this thread.

Are you trying to make a career out of playing Disgaea games? Just play through Disgaea 1's endgame if you're not doing this for fun.

Disgaea 5 - basically every game since the first has made it a bit easier

I'd advise you to get one that's portable too - since playing on a Vita/PSP/Switch/laptop while out and about or just for a few minutes at a time is far, far better than being stuck on a console or PC.

With that said, 5 is easily the best in the series for a newb. Especially with the fact you can more or less speed up the entire game to be literally 5 seconds or less for the enemy turn which is just amazing.

Overall, it's not that it's "easier" to get into, but just less tedious forms of having to grind.
I prefer the 5th game because of easier it was.

There are more advanced mechanics but overall, it's just gotten easier over time

I want to play through the series' post-game, but I want to play the entry that can best acclimate me to some of the more complex endgame mechanics of the series. The Item World in particular is especially daunting.

Just start with the PSP version of 1 and 2, then 3 and 4

See, the updated ports of them (PSP ported PS2 versions), have mechanics from the game after
So PSP port of Disgaea 1 has mechanics of Disgaea 2 and thus, it's overall easier and has all the DLC too

But I warn you now, it can be upwards of 300 hours per game if you're unlucky

>The Item World in particular is especially daunting.
it takes like 10 minutes to learn, you're an ape if you cant figure it out

Your mom goes bananas for my cock.

I should add, I've played through the stories for every Disgaea save for DD2. So an "introduction" to the series isn't needed; I'm more concerned with the more intricate mechanics and systems.

The remaster fucking blows though. You might as well play the PC port of the original. It's just a sprite overhaul and even then they couldn't be bothered to redraw some of them so they just replaced some monster classes entirely.

the new sprites are way better though

How do i play d1 properly? i'm only up to the second boss and i barely scrape by the missions and get my shit slapped by flonne

Attached: 53472.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

I'd start with the 1st one, even though people say 5 is the best, 5 has a lot of gameplay features coming from most of the previous game. You'll have a lot to read up on whereas playing the series from the first game lets you take in some of the gameplay little by little.

5, it's also the best because
>you can have a team with zetta, valvatorez and fucking metallia
>seraphina ( those goddamn open toe heels, those furiously sexy feet)

Why is 4 a nightmare?