Switch resolutions

>540p docked
>432p handheld

There's a point where we have to say no more. When the gen started, we were seeing a lot in the 900p/1080p range with Switch, then it was a pretty hardline on 900p at max, then a gradual decline to 720p.

And now? Closer to standard definition than HD, and fullHD is a distant memory. And this is first party, ffs. The Atelier games are running at 540/720p with Vita assets.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_YoshisCraftedWorld_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w95yC7wfdUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the eye can't see above 240p anyway

Agreed. I was planning on buying it because Woolly World was a fun time, but the even slower paced gameplay and the muddy visuals really put me off.
I mean, I found the dynamic resolution annoying in XC2, but I kind of understood the need for it. But this is a small scale platformer ffs.

game footage not final

Attached: Trials Rising᎓ Switch vs PS4 ⁄ Xbox One Graphics Comparison - A Cut Too Far on Switch?_00_05_3 (1920x1080, 291K)

Performance > resolution

The game looks great and runs great.

Not that it matters to you considering you don't even own a switch and will never play the game anyway.

>Looks pretty much the same as woolly world with a bunch of unneeded effects added to the pipeline
>Runs at 25% less the resolution

Was it worth it, really?

Does it run at 60fps at least? That's all I care about desu.

>Not that it matters to you considering you don't even own a switch and will never play the game anyway.
My collection as of January. That's not a great defense against criticism and paints switch owners in a bad light.

Attached: 20190111_232351.jpg (1465x1994, 1.5M)

Also
30fps vs 60fps

Attached: Trials Rising᎓ Switch vs PS4 ⁄ Xbox One Graphics Comparison - A Cut Too Far on Switch?_00_06_5 (1920x1080, 269K)

I love Switch and love Nintendo but yeah, 540p is inexcusable.

It looks we've been tricked again bros. No way we'll recover this time.

>still thinking nintendo fans care about small graphical improvements
How do people make this mistake again and again?

Is it because devs are lazy or that the Switch is really that underpowered? How can it run stuff like BotW but not this and Xenoblade?

XBC2 was being developed for the WiiU so portable mode was just a half-assed afterthought.

Switch promoted as home console.
If games on it will look like 360 games, people will not buy it.

yes

The switch is too expansive for a portable console
è_é

Nintendo values fun and the consumer clearly does as well, keep seething fags.

funny you say that as there's still no Switch game that looks as good as FFXIII

I guess that makes sense. No excuse for games like Yoshii though.

>If games on it will look like 360 games, people will not buy it
If only the looked like that.
Not even the ps360 went so low down on resolution as the switch just to implement some meme visual feature that is barely visible or makes it just look worse.

Well, they look passable on promotional material.

>meme visual feature that is barely visible or makes it just look worse
That being?

60fps is a meme

Literally most of the UE4 pipeline that Yoshi uses. At 540p on a big screen you simply wont see much change because the image quality is simply so poor to begin with.
Same applies to texture and model quality, lighting and so on.

it's a sandstorm

Sounds bs to me

Yep, during whole level which never happens in PS4 version.

Attached: Trials Rising᎓ Switch vs PS4 ⁄ Xbox One Graphics Comparison - A Cut Too Far on Switch?_00_05_1 (1920x1080, 311K)

>540p
>literally half of a real game yet sold at full price
>mfw drones will eat it up all the same

>Switch version has more features than the Snoystation one
NINTENDOMINATION

switch exclusive feature

>Gamers don't want good graphics! They want fun games!

Attached: reggie.jpg (1200x630, 766K)

>540p
You've gotta be shitting me, I thought it was 720p?
>432p
That's a thing?

>half
It is 1/4 of 1080p actually.

I sometimes encode Yea Forums webms at 768x432. It and 800x450 are nice resolutions for in-between 640x360 and 960x540.

I can't believe it would be the native resolution for a modern game console though

sorry math is hard

youtube.com/watch?v=w95yC7wfdUA

Attached: watch video get informed.png (628x469, 69K)

Gamers don't want convenience, they want jet engines.

they want both Reggie you fucktard

Doom and Dark Souls run surprisingly well, and look good on the system too. Especially Dark Souls

a feature used to hide the fact that the background is barren? nice

Ps4 wins again :)

Attached: 23456789965432464.jpg (1000x1333, 511K)

imagine caring about resolution and that shit what a fucking nerd

Been playing BOTW on a 60 inch 4k TV docked for the past 3 days. Not once have I thought "man this 900p resolution is really fucking up the game"

>2019
>nobody fucking cares about making the game run in native resolution at 60fps because consolefags prefer blooms, shadows and anti-jaggies
it's kind of sad, it's like they're destined to eat shit forever

Except now it is about a game being 540p. Try playing that on a 60 inch. It looks like shit.

generations are always like this.
Standard PS4s and XBOs are basically useless for new games now.

Soul vs Soulless

>4k
You have no idea what you're talking about. Congrats

Since you're over here using something as petty as resolution to discredit a game, it's likely you don't even own a Switch.

Anyway you enjoyed Ocarina of Time despite it running at a rock solid 20FPS, and you'd probably still play it today and not complain.

no excuse for this to sacrifice so much graphical fidelity when we've got 1080/60 games like mario kart, smash, and odyssey. even splatoon runs at a solid 60 with dynamic res and it still looks great. they fucked up somewhere.

It’s Good Feel, what do you expect? They’re not exactly technical wizards. Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn doesn’t even use 3D despite being an overly simplistic 2D game. Even on NEW 3DS. Good Feel just aren’t up to the task of creating quality looking games. It’s why they’re saddled with Yoshi all the time.

They fucked up because they're using UE4 for some inexplicable reason

>Switch promoted as home console
Nope

>odyssey
>1080/60
kek

SMO is 900p m8

60fps is a luxury for portable gaming; unnecessary; drains battery too much.

The human eye can't focus on more than one pixel at a time, what do you need 1920*1080 pixels for?

60fps on the switch is a meme that needs to die. The higher framerate isn't worth the drop in resolution and graphical fidelity. Every switch game should be made ata locked 30 fps.

There’s no way yoshi is 540p docked. I recently played the demo and it looked fine on my 55 inch Sony 4k

The human eye cannot see graphics, so what's the point?

Attached: Digital foundry.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

It's a cheap handheld, of course it isn't powerful. Are you one of those people who can't play any game older than 7th gen because of the graphics?

Attached: 1531057361712.jpg (1629x2308, 272K)

Is the info still from the demo or from the actual game?

Also, yeah, the graphics were admittedly a bit muddy in portable (haven't played on TV). The game looked pretty fancy regardless.

the system can't run last gen games, it's quite literally a portable. it isn't a console, the ceo even said it himself. it's a handheld, however it makes it easier for Nintendo to shit out games and not worry about graphics, because they know they will buy it. it's genius

Attached: 1528368975724.jpg (2045x1165, 391K)

>the system can't run last gen games
It does. Bad porting will be bad porting. That's like saying the PS3 is inherently weaker than the 360 because of Bayonetta and other early ports to it.

The PS3 kinda is weaker than the 360, the GPU is a straight downgrade compared to the 360's, though the Cell can offer specific advantages in certain applications e.g. ND's animation heavy games.

>The CEO said it himself
Source on that. I'm pretty sure I've ever heard it be called a hybrid. Only autists on this board call it a console/handheld whenever it fits their agenda.

Zelda team is more talented than the yoshi and xenoblade team

>Buying physical Switch games

Sure, user, let's see who actually worked on the last Zelda. You'd be surprised.

It's a tablet. Nice shitposting though.

I wonder if the team had trouble getting UE4 to work for them. Only reason i would think the resolution is so fucked . The game isnt very graphically demanding.
>buying digital
>buying digital nintendo games
gross

As an amateur UE4 dev looking to bring my project to the Switch, this is a little concerning.

>I wonder if the team had trouble getting UE4 to work for them
You'd have to be literally braindead, especially for the type of game this is.

This kind of shit makes it harder for me to be a fanboy for Nintendo. Why does a fucking Yoshi game need UE4?

Holy fuck that is beyond inexcusable.

Literally fucking how? It's just paper, I HIGHLY doubt that's one of the textures they had to tone down in order to get the game running properly.

>The Atelier games are running at 540/720p with Vita assets.
Yea, no. That's just a blatant lie

Attached: b82b1a0dfb677c07752b2097ec5338d2.jpg (763x1280, 284K)

This is literally Nintendo's first ever first party UE4 game, and by Good Feel no less.

>The game isnt very graphically demanding.
The game looks like it's completely filled with different kind of textures and nifty lightning shit that the Switch shouldn't be able to do, at least in 60fps. Remember that the game's rock solid 60fps, after all; if it was 30 (which is the most reasonable thing for a game which is based more on visual information than fluid/fast gameplay anyway), game could easily be in higher res. I seriously expect that they do a switch button between performance and graphics.

Oh, didn't read that in the OP. How are the graphics on that one? I've been thinking of buying the trilogy when it's 50% off.

All 60fps games should have option graphics mode / performance mode toggle like Rocket League . I'd prefer 30fps with HD resolution every time.

Darksiders Warmastered is getting one of those on Switch

You only need to know basic programming fundamentals to use UE4. Besides myself, look at the guy remaking Ocarina of Time. A professional studio shouldn't have a problem with it.

They did it for FE Warriors, don't see why it shouldn't get one in this case scenario.

I'd prefer 60fps every time. But a binary graphics/performance toggle isn't enough, you can tweak everything on PC.

>le current year maymay

>look at the guy remaking Ocarina of Time
You mean dumping all those store bought unity assets into one project instead of making them by hand? I thought you said you were an expert.

No I'm an amateur indie dev. But if you gained some basic reading comprehension and learned how to understand what isn't even hidden subtext, you would know that the point I was making is that anyone can make a game in Unreal and a professional studio certainly shouldn't have a problem using it. Come on, dude.

>shitch is shit
WHOA!

You would also realize you would have to optimize the fuck out of the game on console instead of letting a PC brute force the game

le go back where u came from nigger tranny

seething

Stop moving goalposts. UE4 has a native Switch pipeline.

>We have to say this is not okay!
>Let's all rise up against Nintendo!
Are you mentally deficient? It's called Dynamic Resolution. The game can still perform and look great while having subpar resolution.

Attached: 1529506658326.png (819x498, 955K)

>HD assets
>"looking great" at ED resolutions

It's that actually what it runs at or is it scaling resolution and you found worst case scenarios to say "that's the resolution is!"

Usually the case when shitposting. The worst case scenario is what the game is locked at allegedly.

Mind you nit-pickers can find an issue with literally anything. It's like reverse fanboyism at times on here.

I don't know how aggressive/frequent it is, but it's definitely UE4's dynamic resolution.