Mid Early Life Crisis

I'm getting sick of my current career path, feel like dropping my college course and making a game, not the most technically amazing thing in the world but I could probably make a good story. Good idea Yea Forums?

Attached: images (7).jpg (480x480, 24K)

If it's a phone game. Only way you'll make money as a one man crew.

Check out /agdg/ over on vg then if you're serious about it. Monolith was made by a guy who posted his progress there.

I said a game not a glorified lottery machine.

What kind of career/degree are you in?

I'm doing music and audio production but I've nearly been kicked out once and I'm already slipping again. They have weekly Unity sessions (for all students) as well as a dedicated development course. I've thought about switching since I'm kinda losing faith in music.

just do it one the side. don't gamble your life on indie dev.
stick with music too. its good to know if you want to continue indie dev. see your music and audio production studies as teaching you the skills you can use to make music and sounds for your games. maybe that can help motivate you.

Same guy, yeah that's also an idea, maybe one of them could become successful and I'll ditch the other one with the skills of both.

Jobs are becoming a non-thing.

Whatever you do in life, just be aware of this. We're in the strangest times imaginable.

>Non-thing

What the fuck delusion is this?

Automation.
Is this your first time hearing this word? I have no time for you. Don't reply to me.

>make a good story
How about you fuck off and write a shitty novel instead. Make a game because you have a interesting idea for the gameplay.

Finish your music degree first, faggot. Even if you want to make a game, knowing how to music is an important asset.

Attached: guarantee to vidyo success.jpg (884x1777, 851K)

>How about you fuck off and write a shitty novel instead.
I'm no one you've responded to.
I'm merely curious. What do you get out of being so goddamned unpleasant to everybody?
A canned "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" response will not amuse me.

Attached: 1364150953288.jpg (341x237, 14K)

Unless you have a good amount saved this is a stupid idea. If you have some experience in making games then just work on stuff on the side til you can afford to not work a regular job, or at the very least reduce your hours

Automation will only take noskill jobs like fast food and retail.

remember that mount Everest is filled with bodies of highly motivated people

your idea for a "good story" is most likely shit or, if it starts good, will most likely be butchered by technical obstacles, time or money constraints

Attached: 1543228838858.jpg (966x1199, 156K)

>Automation will only take noskill jobs like fast food and retail.
>he doesnt know

Attached: 321.png (618x618, 153K)

I lm wrll aware of the looming threat it has to most jobs but youre delusional if you think up the upper class will let their jobs get automated.

Theyll have special laws and taxes made to slow the process.

>midlife crisis
>in college
Okay man

>Theyll have special laws and taxes made to slow the process.
>upper class

Attached: 43234.gif (245x285, 919K)

It's the upper class who owns the automation, they don't need jobs.

what jobs can avoid this user?

Yeah you sure told me with all those facts you posted.
Oh wait

I think i misused "upperclass" in this sense.

I meant prople with occuoations that hold great prestige in society.
Doctors, politicians, police, these will never be automated.
Not a chance.

Oh my god.
Dude.

Did you not know about how many PROTOCOL jobs are going to hit the chopping block? So many law offices, insurance companies, have jobs purely to deal with information going to and fro.

I can predict a "So what, then just..." response coming to this. But I feel like you aren't appraising what really happens when a person loses a job. They're suddenly in the larger job market. More people are all after the same one. 200 people after 1 position can easily balloon into 2000 people after 1 position. And it only ever gets worse, the more that gets automated. It scarcely matters WHAT gets automated.

And you need customers who have jobs, by the way. You can't just be selling to nobody. What do you think happens if you miraculously never get hit directly by any of this? You think you also suffer no SIDE EFFECTS from the larger situation...? What a baffling simple mindset.

Attached: 1424830135072.gif (384x288, 1.13M)

... Who do you think does any spending anymore in that scenario? You really think that if humans hang onto just ONE MORE rung of jobs, that we "win"?

Attached: 1550474714820.png (434x360, 219K)

I don't ever want to go to college and I refuse to work a nigger job
what do

Drop out of college, first secure a stable income unless you wanna be poor.
Then maybe start working on a game

Whoa. Nigger job. You watch your language user. I can't be doin with all this salty language. And it's entirely too edgy. You make me imagine some cool kid in a backwards cap, landing a sick flip inside of a halfpipe on his skateboard. Stop it! Too edgy and cool for me!

Attached: 1382753577246.jpg (526x622, 65K)

im 20 and work in a grocery store with no ambitions in life. moreso, i have no idea what i want to do. i dont really mind working, but i dont like it either. im just floating along, making some money. i should really do something but it's hard to care when anything above my current level requires way more effort than it's worth (ie 4 years of college, shitty apprenticeships, 2hrs commuting to city, etc.)

whats the fucking point.