Why was the menu so lazy?

Why was the menu so lazy?

Attached: Menu.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtMllWsML5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why does link look like he wants to fuck me?

Because it didn't need a menu. Like GTA 3.

This game is the black sheep of zelda games, it's not a shit game but it sure doesn't feel like a zelda game.

BotW's menus are the definition of soulless.

Black sheep implies it is unwanted. I thought it was a badly needed and much appreciated change of pace for the franchise. There are certainly things they can improve upon for the next game, though.

The menu is fine. Fuck off.

Attached: plbw84vyb9zz.png (1310x730, 795K)

I do appreciate a quick and simple menu you can easily get through to get to the game, but I saw it like 3 times in the time I played through this

>no extra bullshit to load
>one button to quickly get into the game
looks good to me

I am kind of surprised there's no intro screen or anything. I guess I expected something like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=CtMllWsML5M

I prefer this.

>boot up dmcv
>it has to load the main menu

>the artistic style of the entire game is "minimalism"
>OP asks why the menu wasn't a cluttered, complex disaster

Holy fuck you dumb, OP

Because good developers realise that good games dont need a menu at all. Look at gtav, it boots straight into game. Then look at some modern cinematic shooter, I dont know, metro? It has a horrible overdesigned menu in full 3d with so much detail it takes several moments to even find buttons in there, and even if you have a very decent pc you will already experience lack of fps even before getting into the game, which just so happens to be having problems with optimization too. The only part of the game any monkey could make buttery smooth they decided not to, and put conscious effort to it, while also spending money. All in all I guess you can call it "priorities".

They obviously wanted to hide what the world looked like. But I was surprised they didn't at least have unique menu art

>Because good developers realise that good games dont need a menu at all. Look at gtav, it boots straight into game.
That's shit design

I'm kinda sad there was no big intro cinematic thingy. They're pretty iconic for the series and I was looking forward to see the one in BOTW

OoT still got the best main menu

I'm doing a challenge play through and need ideas for how I'm going to be increasing relative damage taken. 3 heart run or no upgrading gear?

3 hearts run is pretty fun because it's much more challenging

Because Nintendo just figured out how to use Powerpoint.

The real reason is that it was designed for the Wii U Gamepad AKA Sheikah Slate. The - menu was meant to be used while the game is still being displayed on the TV. Don't forget that the best Switch games are still Wii U ports. Nintendo is just too lazy to tailor ports with mechanics that better suit the Switch. That's why games are all $60 and look like Wii U games. Nintendo knows they can be lazy and wait until people finish all their ports before they have to make new shit.

if they wanted to hide the world it's the worlds worst kept secret.