Dmc is pretty fun so far but yall have to agree spinny linnies (thats how i call those spinning lizerds)...

dmc is pretty fun so far but yall have to agree spinny linnies (thats how i call those spinning lizerds), scissors dudes, cleaver dudes, summoner dudes, licker ripoffs, invilinnies (thats how i call invisible lizerds) and all enemies with range attacks are cancer and bad game design

Attached: 1521638305423.png (2560x1440, 2.39M)

I'll take all of those over DMD enigmas.

Git gud, all the enemies are ports or reskins of previous ones

>enemies I don't like are bad game design

Attached: 20190310230911_1.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

>waaaaah these enemies can actually fight back somwhat i only want punching bags that let me do epic combos on them!!!!!!
kys retard

ok this thread is retarded but how do you deal effectively with "nothing personnel kid teleport behinds you"
this enemy is annoying as fuck to fight, any tips is appreciated.

Attached: Fury-640x360[1].jpg (640x360, 19K)

Just Royal Guard lmao.

Cleaver dudes and scissors niggers are a pain in the ass, i agree.

Especially when you get two cleaver niggers on your ass.

scissors niggers are really easy.
Just wait for the scissors to flash, land a hit they're staggered and bang, one hit kill.

Is rushing in blind all you can do?

Spam that wire devilbreaker with Nero,when he knocks down buster him.
Spam that double Katalina Ann laser with Dante he should just teleport into it.

>spinning lizards
I thought they were tedious at first but then I realized that you can just attack them once they lose their speed streak (from you shooting it off). Their armor comes off in no time at all.
>scissors
They get wrecked either by parrying or just continuously attacking them until they lose both blades.
>cleaver dudes
Can be annoying but they are super predictable, they're also trivial as post-game Nero since you can grab them during their counterattack.
>summoner dudes
I haven't really found any good way to deal with them besides the usual wack/evade routine.
>licker ripoffs
I assume you mean Nobodies? They're a great multi-faceted enemy and they're originally from DMC1. They're quite strong but don't have any tedious gimmicks to them.
>invilinnies
Learn the timings or just use some kind of quick multihit attack.
>all enemies with range attacks
I honestly don't have a problem with the ranged enemies in DMC5 at all. Namely the two types of bats and two types of goats. All of their attacks are well-choreographed and you can typically just rush them down. And if you understand the timings you can reflect/block them. They're way less annoying than the keep-away enemies in previous games (Enigma, Mephisto/Faust, etc).

DMC5 has some of the least tedious enemy design of any action game I've ever played. At most their health on DMD can get a bit silly (especially angelos), but that's expected.

spamming jabs usually catches him when he attacks

>how I call
>how it's called
>how is it called
This shit drives me nuts.

Dante has a bunch of options.
Royal Revenge is insanely good, you get a zero effort block and counterattack.

hwat

Why can you just spam punches or revolver at Cavalier Angelo and parry every attack he attempts?

yall

theres an easy answer to literally every enemy in this game just git gud and use your tools

I remember really hating some enemies in 4 but none of them were as aggravating in this

As anyone you can deflect his attacks with the right time with your own attack, and all of his telegraphs are very obvious. Dante has a bunch of braindead options to do this, I use Ice Age with Cerberus myself. With Nero spam combo B and more often than not you'll stuff the attack.

>too braindead to beat any enemy that isn't a punching bag that can't fight back
>calls it bad game design.

Attached: 1458608964473.jpg (450x413, 17K)

>Ranged enemies in 5
>anything but a joke

Hoo boy I'd love to see how you would fare against Enigmas.

Cleaver dudes can't even attack you in the air. Scissor guys die in one shot if you parry their attack.

the only legitimately bad enemy in this game is the Fury, the teleporting red lizard bitch

not fun, not rewarding, just overall not good

Enigmas has shit health and were easily removed by E/I+Spiral spam

He is a parry and royal guard tutorial
Nowhere nearly as bad as Blitz or chimeras.

Fuck Hell and Hell and fuck Nidhogg, absolute garbage boss fight.

Sure but they're still leagues more dangerous than anything with range in DMC5, which was the entire point of my post. I know how to deal with them, if I did not I would not be comparing them to the ranged enemies in 5.

How do you deal with juddechas?

He's peepants easy once you know how to deal with him. Dante doesn't even need to use RG, Ice Age spam stuffs the speedy geckos free every time. Nero's combo B stuffs it almost every time for free as well.

>Sure but they're still leagues more dangerous than anything with range in DMC5
No, they were way easier to deal with than those annoying teleporter mages with forcefields who have remarkable ability to stay alive in 5.
I don't remember a single situation where enigmas actually even became an annoyance factor because of how fast they are removed.

UM ALL INVISIBLE LIZARDS OR INVILINNIES AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM,
PLEASE GO BACK TO HELL BECAUSE EARTH IS FOR HUMANS ONLY,
CAUSE IF YOU DON'T I WILL ROUND TRIP YOU INTO AN SSS COMBO AGAIN

those mages are literally punching bags and never get to do anything because theyre so easy to stun even in dmd, just use your brain and kill them first

>people seriously think the game doesn't get hard until DMD

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Maybe the start of SOS difficulty isn't all that bad, but once you get past the halfway point, you're gonna have to be at least somewhat good at crowd control, juggling and and managing tougher enemies if you're gonna survive. SOS already ups the number of Hell Judecca and Baphomets. In general, the later missions have tons of rooms Chaos enemies. Like, I just beat M16 with Dante, and there's a fucking room with three Death Scissors and a Fury AT THE SAME TIME.

I only died like three times in all of Devil Hunter difficulty (two to Vergil and one to Cavaliere Angelo), but in SOS I've died like 15 times already. I can't even imagine how much more painful some of these aforementioned rooms will be on DMD. I don't even want to think about a Fury going into DT.

Attached: 5z6dp5g8evl21.jpg (851x768, 116K)

The invisible ones are the only ones I cant fucking stand

the game honestly doesnt get hard until dmd, that room with the death scissors you can just trickster up there to kill them and the fury barely does anything

Started a new run after finishing it the first time
Why did my dante have black hair and coat on the prologue
For what purpose

Attached: 1552114026146.jpg (448x560, 47K)

Why did you pick the alternate costume?

are enemy spawns increased on higher difficulties?

I did not pick anything my man, I just went straight into continue

Attached: 1551681854842.png (190x360, 96K)

Yes.

maybe I'm biased because I played DMC3 DMD right before DMC5 but everything in DMC5 feels so fucking easy, I usually die because I'm trying to be a stylish retard, in DMC3 I died to shit and legitimately thought 'I have no clue how the fuck I'm going to get through this room without using items', like with the chessboard, or the room with the 6 spiders

the fights are all completely different, you get a lot more furies and shit in the early fights

They're remixed on the different difficulties so you'll encounter specific enemies much earlier. Dante Must Die introduces the ability for enemies to DT, beefing them up considerably in health, damage and stagger/knockdown resistance.

DMC5 is the game with the least amount of cancer enemies tho

Just spam a fast attack whenever he disappears and he runs right into it. Then close in quickly and combo him.

thanks for warning me
some fights on devil hunter were hardcore enough for me haha

Honestly this game's roster is very tame and they didn't put in any cancer except maybe the teleporting summoners and even these are very tame compared to some bullshit we got in the other games.
Blitz are not fun because you can't hit them, invisible lizards well you can catch them with your shotgun you don't even need to dodge or block just activate your sharigan.

>spinning lizerds
Just shoot them with the shotgun lol
>scissor dudes
Like just parry then shoot dude
>cleaver dudes
LMAO just combo them to death and don’t let them fall on the ground
>summoner dudes
Nigga they’re weak as fuck
>licker ripoffs
Wtf
>invisible lizerds
At least it’s not Blitz

DMC5 is the first time in the entire series that none of the basic lesser demons are annoying.

cleaver dudes are the best enemies in the game.
they are big enough to prop shredder then literally jump forward and air rave/ebony ivory/enemy step until they die. when they turn purple and charge do not even bother blocking, just jump over them and keep attacking.
glowing sawblade guys dislike balrog. the panic move against 8 glowing sawblades is gunslinger kalia ann in the air, its like rainstorm except they actually give a shit when they get hit.

I completely disagree
This is a problem of you not having learned how to play the game against these enemies.
In my opinion 5 has the best enemy design in the franchise.

DMC 5 enemy design is amazing in the sense there's no shit or gimmick enemies. I have no idea what they were thinking with garbage like those angel-like assholes in 3 since the game even allows you to skip wasting your time fighting them.

Thank god we don't have to deal with shit like the dumb sword fish, the blue fartgas dudes and the Dullahans

you suck at the game.

Damn first 1v1 duel with Fury and trickster equipped was really cool. Like two teleporting fuckers messing around.
Still can't handle him properly during mass fights though

Everyone of your attacks can parry an enemies attacks if you time it right, this naturally gives your characters a lot of options
>Nero
Many options for Nero
Tomboy: The Bloody Queen move is a very easy parry because of how long it is and how you don't have to time it that well.
Rawhide: Since Rawhide hit's around you, and is especially useful if you do the timed presses, it's almost a guaranteed parry if you start using it before he strikes
Overture: Overture is a bit harder to parry them with, however still useful once you got their timings down, because Overture's hitbox lingers
Gerbera: Since Gerbera is an attack as well you can try to time your dash into them when they appear to strike
Any move from Red Queen: If you're particularly comfortable with any of Nero's moves then try just to time one of Red Queens moves. This is easy to learn in void
There are probably more ways as well, like Helter Skelter spamming and such.
Once they're parried walk up to them and launch then buster
>Dante
KC: Ice Age is a guaranteed 100% parry every single time, extremely good
Balrog: Spamming jabs works most of the time and the swordmaster breakdance is almost guaranteed
Reb/Sparda: Prop is good since it's so quick
Once you got them launch them and do some combos.
>V
Fuck I don't know

I'm up to mission 17 on SoS and have found SoS easy sso far and have only died once to King Cerberus, once to Cavalier Angelo and that's it as far as the deaths I remember.
I'm very excited for DMD

It's because the guy playing mission 10 is the same mission as the prologue. That guy was wearing the costume, and therefore he had black hair and a black coat instead.

Does V ever even encounter a Fury? I'm on mission 11 of Dante on DMD and as far as I can remember he never once fights one.

I don't remember.

he does not, however i think you'll have to deal with them in bloody palace, and when that happens i think you're probably gonna need the birds orb + good timing

>trying to beat DMD Vergil with RG only
>keep getting overconfident towards the end and fucking up my perfect RGs and eating through my DT
JUST

At least when he spams his swords, they're an easy recharge.

>le nothing personnel kid epic lizard

Is there a more bullshit enemy in any game? Wait yeah the fucking Scissors

Attached: 1544763702620.jpg (465x262, 95K)

Stop baiting. Furies get destroyed by prop shredder and Scissors barely attack back. You can parry and one shot them.

>Like just parry then shoot dude
Different user here. I can understand all others but whenever I see something along these lines I just get anxiety attacks.

Enemies that need parrying are easy right? What if they're paired with other enemies that don't give you the luxury of waiting? How do you deal with that?

I hate the spinning cunts, scissor ghosts and that one red stealthy faggot, but that's because I don't know how to deal with them and I get my shit kicked in. The fact that most of them pop up when I play as Dante isn't helping too.

IM ON FIRE

Why do you people keep saying you "hate" certain types of enemies and complain as if they should never have existed in the first place? Isnt that where the fun is? I know we all love to be stylish and all but if its just braindead combos on enemies who are "fun" to fight aka literal jobbers then it isnt really that challenging. The game was already relativetively easy enough for me on DH as someone whos last DMC is 4 on the PC with a M/KB. Now i can S Rank most of SOS. I can understand enemies that are tedious and not fun to fight but i dont really feel any of that with any enemy. Personally I enjoy fighting every enemy there is in the game. So far im in Mission 4 DMD and I cant wait to see what kind of enemy combinations the game will throw at me.

OH SHIT THREAD

Whoever Itsuno's left DMC to has decided to permanently retire Dante to his endless fight with his brother in hell for DMC 6

how does he preserve Dante's gameplay outside of a bonus unlock for beating the game?

Attached: 1552468774382.png (898x646, 457K)

devil breakers turn into switchable styles

Sparda game.

Can we all agree this is the best ennemy in the entire series?

Attached: hqdefault(3).jpg (480x360, 17K)

This. The difficulty in 3 was more raw instead of coming from “I keep trying to do this stylish combo and fuck up and die”. DMD chess board still gives me nightmares

'sup?

Attached: chimera.jpg (2000x1232, 1.12M)

Going back to 4SE honestly. Fuck this shitty game

Go back to discord, fucking autismo.

>eat absolute fucking shit on first run, can't get a grip on myself
>absolutely blast through SoS
BACK IN BABY

Attached: 1552340335651.png (877x1079, 599K)

t. Only ever used Royal Guard and nothing else

Is me or do scissors feel different in 5 than 1.
Like I dunno, I remember either helm breaking them or shotgun blasting them in less hits in 1, but meanwhile in 5 it feels like I'm just unloading like a madman until their shears break or they get demollished by attrition
>DMD chess board still gives me nightmares
>playing through that the first time on normal
Moment I unlocked real impact on hard was the moment I became a man. Haven't done VH or DMD though, 5 and commitments took over. What's really the difference between the two, should I just do VH so I can get super dante
>Can be annoying but they are super predictable, they're also trivial as post-game Nero since you can grab them during their counterattack.
Wait what

Can you cause a parry by shooting enemies?

stop it with the baby speak, you're not funny, you're just being a fag

shotgun blast used to open them up to get combod, iirc

so how are you supposed to deal with vergil sticking summoned swords on you? They stay fettered forever and when they last half a fucking hour it's hard to time any invincible move properly. Hurt like a bitch, too.

you can break them with literally any attack

cerberus

motherfucker, really? I thought they were fucking weird with the long duration and little tell for when they fire

>switch to balrog
>jump
wow

ew

>royal guard the spinny linnies so they spin out
>tear their coat to shreads with a sweet bike combo
>pimp slap the scissors out of the scissor dudes hands
>360 no scope one shot +5 MOM GET THE CAMERA
>dual wield shotgun a group a cleaver dudes so they all REEEEEEEEEEEE
>kill them with one expertly placed kung fu palm strike
>Bust the mask off the licker ripoffs
>send their eyeball back to them