Is it worth playing Persona 5 if I already know who the traitor is?

Is it worth playing Persona 5 if I already know who the traitor is?

Attached: persona-5-review.jpg (968x681, 118K)

yes, most people figured out who it was before the game revealed it too

Yes, knowing who the traitor is isn't even the twist for the game.

Yes, everyone with a brain knew who the traitor was. Don't know why you would play Persona strictly for its story anyway.

Yes. I played P4 despite knowing who the killer was before hand, and P3 knowing that door-kun would die at the end.

It's about the ride, not the end.

The actual twist is that they know Akechi is the traitor.

Learning spoilers doesnt kill the genuinity of the storytelling. It allows you to assess all the foreshadowing and be more critical of how it leads up to the reveal.

Sure, you lose the OHFUCK factor but you see the small bits and go "Ahh thats clever"

P5 is worth playing but its stretched the fuck out. Play if youre literally bored with your life.

i do know who i want to ride

Attached: 2178825 - Makoto_Niijima Megami_Tensei Persona_5.jpg (1050x837, 201K)

Yes. It's so obvious who the traitor is even if you miss the pancakes shit.

Beep boop boring robot

I knew how Persona 3 and Persona 4 ended, but having the traitor spoiled for me in Persona 5 combined with just how PREDICTABLE and stupid the story was just fucking killed it for me. I couldn't even finish the game. I got to the final dungeon and just... stopped.

Attached: 1518510721508.png (1207x919, 1.2M)

its pretty fucking obvious who the traitor is. the real plot twist is the gang already knows who the tratior is and just pretending tobe retarded.

you go futaba

Attached: 1496159958399.png (512x416, 274K)

>playing jap games for the "story"

lmao, i hope that's a joke op.

It wasn't that clever either. They should have been on guard against Akechi regardless of whether he was evil or not. It's like Lupin expecting Zenigata to not try to arrest him even though they team up for a bit. I guess since they spent so much of the game being dumb, it's a surprise when they are not dumb for once.

I sure hope you don't play western games for the story
that would be actually funny

Doesn't change the fact that western games have superior writing.

It's not even that western games have good stories, it's that the jap stories are so unnecessarily convoluted that it crosses firmly into autism territory.

Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention would know who the traitor was like 20% into the game. The pancake comment gave it away (you'll see what I mean)

Ryugi or however it's spelled killed it for me. Every chance he got, he was screaming "WE'RE THE PHANTOM THIEVES" in extremely public place (including their top-secret hideout in the busy hallway, and the one upstairs from a coffee shop with no door that could easily be eaves dropped on, and the one on the roof of a building with a thousand students all trying to find a private area to eat lunch or fuck - super secret!) and texting each other all day about being PHANTOM THIEVES ... Basically, between that asshole and their retarded hideouts, they would have been found out on day 2. The suspension of disbelief required to think no one guessed who they were by the 2nd day is just too much.

It's not worth it even if you dont

Adding to this, the problem is failing to really convince the audience the PT would trust Akechi. For most of the game they don't like him and don't even hide their disdain; hell, even a confidant like Ohya says she can't stand him. The only time is when he joins forces with them to change Sae's heart, but that's a small window and everything about it should send off alarm bells.

Basically, that twist and the whole cat-and-mouse/game of masks thing has been done better elsewhere. Though I guess it's impressive how much effort they put into not being btfo because Akechi could have easily fucked them in the ass.

Attached: 1552367711495.png (2133x1600, 2.47M)

>he doesnt like makoto

Attached: 1504199156820.jpg (600x719, 342K)

Yes, as that thing does not play a major role for like 8/10ths of the game, and isn't even part of the underlying main story.

I really don't.

persona 5 is not worth your time in any capacity. play persona 3 or 4 instead

why does futaba have congealed mayonnaise all over her face

t. faggot.

I'd played 2-4 before playing 5, and the latter was easily the best game in the series so far.

no you havent. you didnt even know what a persona was until your buddies on neogaf said it was the best game ever. an actual fan realizes that 5 takes 3/4 flaws and magnifies them to extremes. how the fuck do you take 60-70 hour games and turn into 130 hours? by adding a bunch of BLOAT and GARBAGE

>no you havent.
Yes, I have.

>you didnt even know what a persona was until your buddies on neogaf
Maybe (You) should go back there, kid?

>an actual fan realizes that 5 takes 3/4 flaws and magnifies them to extremes.
Lol no. P5 is the fucking pinnacle.
5 > 3:FES > 2 > 4.

>how the fuck do you take 60-70 hour games and turn into 130 hours?
I've seen people beat P5 at 60 hours, and I took my sweet time at played it for 170. You are just trying to twist subjective differences into a negative trait.

FYI, I played 3 and 4 for roughly 100 hours before beating them, and REPLAYED both later on. I got like 300h on both now, and 200 in P5.

>caring about the story in Persona

im sorry thats just not possible. unless you leave the game running while looking up guides or sit in the velvet room for hours, there is no way p3 or 4 takes more than 80 hours at most. the people who beat 5 in 60 hours skipped a ton of text, events, social link, or velvet room.

>im sorry thats just not possible.
So you're delightful staying delusional?

>unless you leave the game running while looking up guides or sit in the velvet room for hours, there is no way p3 or 4 takes more than 80 hours at most.
That's what people said when P5 took me 175 hours, or Nier:Automata's A route alone a good 50. You ADHD generation probably just skip every scene and don't even bother to stop to think and admire the games.
Apparently 90h is already a stretch in case of P5 for most people.

whats there to admire? the same lines copy and pasted? every day

>go to school
"are we doing the right thing"
>go home
"did we do the right thing"
>loading screen
"w0w the phantom thieves are cool/bad"
>start dungeon
*5 hours of setup, take 10 steps, another light novel is started*

its garbo buddy. real fans recognize it and its why theres a divide. we had p3 vs p4 threads for a decade, it was an eternal battle. persona 5 threads cant go anywhere unless its some obese virgin ironically talking about his waifu or asking why it wasnt as good as 3/4

My P4 playthrough took 82 hours.

>real fans

Attached: 1456264008745.jpg (600x729, 62K)

lol no

this desu

ps2 or vita? thats just about 80 hours so why be pedantic?

yeah...real fans?

please unironically kys.

Vita, and cause I was taking my time and enjoying the game.

nice argument dude. about as depthful as p5s story and characters. almost

It's not worth playing Persona even if you don't.

Truth is, game was rigged from the start.
Nobody learnt anything because of Yaldy's involvement - only several people were meant to learn about it because of his "game" with Igor. Also, bunch of kids are talking about Phantom Thieves, especially taken that they are from Shujin and it's where all that started, I think it's pretty reasonable to treat this as "God fucking dammit get to fucking work instead of wasting time with this nonsense".
Also, it's a fuckup on Atlus part that team members have social links - in his confidant Ryuji grows up pretty well. Almost seems like main story writer was the biggest hack from all writers.

Yes, there's so much more to the game than just that twist.

i see. well thats no problem. im glad you enjoyed the game. the vita port has quite a few additions though. 10-15 hours of new stuff all in all if i had to say so its not a surprise. remember that new year stuff? january? february? that wasnt in the original

yeah
i played gold first so its weird to go back

Attached: 1494829874599.jpg (2110x4779, 3.86M)

Exactly why I'm hyped for the P5 announcement sometime this month.

giving party members social links was a mistake. one of the reasons why the party in three were so likable beacuse they grow as a team.

>introduced right after the murderer is shown
>speaks in a painfully fake breathy condescending voice constantly
>his social link page looks vastly different than the others and you get a bunch of free ranks in it
>works for the cops and is vocally against your organization
>blackmails his way onto the team
Everyone who played the game figured it out the moment they got a point in his social link.

I didn't even remember there was a traitor

Reminder:

P3 > P2 > P5 > P4 > P1

i dont think a golden type deal can fix the massive problems that p5 has
that faggot who wants jokers cock and coffe

>blackmails his way onto the team
I'm pretty sure they let him in on purpose as part of the ruse

Akechi had the best battle lines out of any persona character

The player doesn’t know that at the time if I remember correctly.

They had no choice but to let him in, he would have exposed them. And people keep forgetting Morgana is the one who caught the pancake line; after everyone leaves the room, he tells you that the others needs to be informed.

i'm gonna need a sauce

Yes that's why Aigis is the only P3 main member with lasting popularity...wait.

this is a 100h+ game, knowing the traitor won't change much of the experience.

Her social link is available after her growth during story is complete. Also, damn robot fetishists.