Why the fuck is this rated so highly? It's SHIT. All you do is run around and talk to some tease on a walkie talkie...

Why the fuck is this rated so highly? It's SHIT. All you do is run around and talk to some tease on a walkie talkie. Story goes nowhere.

I fucking got meme'd.

Attached: firewatch.png (1600x973, 729K)

Because normos love boring walking simulators.
Makes them think they're smart and sophisticated.

Nothing's wrong with a good walking simulator, as long as it positions itself as such and doesn't pretend to be a game.

Are you ever in any danger?

there are people that actually want this kind of experience, and will rate it highly for fellow people who also want the same

of course, if you wanted a game, it's not for you and you'll hate it

that's like playing a game when you hate the entire genre just because it's rated high

There are VNs and adventure games with better story out there.

But Firewatch is Western hipster indie shit and had marketing behind it.

>There are VNs with better story out there.
lol

Yep that is a good point. I will never play online so I'm never going to buy Dark Souls no matter how much its memed.

Yes I'm sure you have vast experience with the genre user.
And thats the problem isn't it? Nobody gets out of their bubble and tries something new.

It has the perfect level of complexity for the “gaming journalism” and “gaming is art” crowds.

But user, Dark Souls is better when you're offline. You actually get the sense of isolation the game tries to push, you aren't spoiled on ambushes and secrets by orange messages, and you don't get assraped by laggy tryhard red spirits

>that opening sequence
I wasn't ready

Attached: 1542212987111.jpg (619x453, 34K)

What's this "game" story about? Some user said it was literally an Anthony Burch simulator.

remember gone home? don't believe these "rates"

Attached: 1550559780168.jpg (570x912, 67K)

>be chubby bara guy
>your wife has dementia and you hate your life so you take a summer job hanging out in the woods
>have walkie talkie conversations with a woman who's essentially overseeing you who you can't meet or see
>things get romantic, you decide how much you want to cheat on your wife with radio sex
>spoopy/conspiracy shit happens
>big forest fire happens
>your choices don't matter, even if you played your character as being ready to run away with radio lady, you never meet her in person or see her again

Romance is even kinda forced.

>pick the most neutral responses
>lol wish you were here anyway

Free roam was the best thing about this game.

>don't thread on me doormat
Based and redpilled

BUT IT'S GOOD AND SMART BECAUSE IT SUBVERTED YOUR EXPECTATIONS

I fucking hated the ending, it made no fucking sense.
Dude is here because he can't fucking handle it anymore.
He didn't get stronger during the game, nor did the events during the game change his mind.
Instead of accepting that his wife won't get better and that being there for her will do nothing but make the dude hate himself even more, we got
>just go back to ur wife lol
The conspiracy shit was pretty fun, though.
Especially the parts about the unseen third party that even the innawoods guy didn't know of.
I'd want a sequel, but I'd appreciate it if our choices actually matter this time.

>player character is literally a stereotypical beta who ran away from his dying wife. backstory involves failing to defend his wife from a mugger in the most pathetic way possible
>protag flees to yellowstone, signs up for the national forest service, discovers a cute sounding coworker on the other end that helps supervise him
>a few months of consistent banter pass, both soon discover a murder mystery involving somebody stalking both of them
>they discover a geological survey camp which contains notes on the protags and coworkers dialogue
>coworker becomes completely irrational and tries to convince the protag to burn down the camp
>it's later revealed that this guy was just some idiot father that killed his kid in a spelunking accident and couldn't come to terms with his failure, so went innawoods for years, and later decided to fuck with these two because reasons
>forest fire breaks out, protag evacuates, tries to hook up with coworker who ghosts him over the radio (who coincidentally has a boyfriend despite all of the flirtation)
>game ends with the protag "maturing" and going back to reunite with his dying wife
It's basically a reverse male power fantasy, wherein the protagonist is emasculated every step of the way.

Attached: 1552493362111.jpg (426x545, 26K)

It's supposed to be comfy and thought-provoking

i hope you didn't buy this game, i watched it and i felt like i got scammed out of my time

this game would have been cool if it was just the mc doing actual forest service stuff and then discovering some sort of actual conspiracy with another fellow forest service ranger in the 80s or 90s. they could have done up a really cool twin peaks/x-files thing with it.

It does pretend, though. The store description literally describes your choices mattering and some dialog does change momentarily, yet the story is completely linear and there is only one ending.

Steam denied my refund and I'm still pissed.