This guy just beat Koopa the Quick without even using the control stick

This guy just beat Koopa the Quick without even using the control stick.

youtu.be/JnmC3HEkDuI

Attached: 2BBB4794-FC0F-4715-872D-3BC63F6AB306.png (640x480, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1K4OTAyampX1CueKyZUIunz0yIUYd3ldlQxv37oaySgs/edit?usp=sharing
reddit.com/user/pannenkoek2012
youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like these new challenges he's been doing.

I much as I will always respect the man and his infinite autism, a lot of the no a press levels involved copying items or storing things in another level and it got to the point where it just seemed like magic instead of cool TAS stuff.

What an autismal deity. Is there anyone who does pannen-level shit in any of the Zelda games?

Reminder that a half A press does not physically exist and is a meme.

No faggot ass "Henrys" allowed in this thread.

>t. """""""""""HENRY"""""""""""

How? you just press it halfway and bam, half A press. Why are you spreading false information about a concept that even a baby could understand?

What the actual hell bros.

I like them too. Far more entertaining to watch than PU jumping with the no A press challenge.

How the fuck does anyone figure this shit out?

unfucking real, what drives people to try something like this

Attached: 1529316670252.jpg (219x293, 8K)

the fact it is pushed down means it counts as a press, as it is 'pressed' inwards. A half press cannot exist.

half of the button is pushed down, duh

Simply put its like a self imposed puzzle they try to see if it even has an answer or solution too.

What is it with autists and this fucking game????

Let me present this is another way. You want to fully press button A, but you want to accomplish a Half A press, so what you do is half the output of the press to conform to your desire. Easy

what's the a press count, is he starting to give up

I occasionally watch the """Henry""" video and it's utterly mesmerising. The amount of sheer autism involved in this shit is incredible.

Do wing caps really last that long?

>A half press cannot exist.
Did on PS1 to 3, with two-step face buttons.

Almost every Super Mario 64 DS player has done that....

I wish I could be as passionate about anything as pannen is about SM64. The way the dude has hyper-analyzed just about every facet of the game is incredible; he must have like hyper-asperger's or something.

Attached: 1234145163531.jpg (394x599, 28K)

They last for exactly a minute, but he put on a second one right after he started the race.

haha good one user, nice gotcha

Attached: 1364888170237.jpg (474x460, 48K)

This. So. Much.

the "half" refers to the full motion of pressing and releasing the button, not pressing the button halfway down.
the button is held in the castle, released in a level, that's all there fucking is to it.
it's not something that's being measured by the game or anything, it's just a term used on a per-level basis, to plan out a full run.

What an absolute madman. He surpasses elder god tier when it comes to SM64. I wish he did more commentated videos but I can understand why he doesn't.

Didn't mean to reply to you, user. But I definitely agree. If only.
(I'm )

I wonder if these people are just baiting for easy (You)'s or if there are seriously people who can't grasp the concept.

Explain?

I remember him saying that the amount of work required to commentate videos was too much. I’m not what the deal was but he made a blog post about it a long time ago. I think he just doesn’t want to updlod any more commentated videos because he’s afraid he won’t ever be able to top his Rolling Rocks video

It's because you speedrunning (and the like) fucks are choosing to define an A press differently than almost everyone else does.

99% people are baiting. Anyone who’s seen the video knows pannen clearly and fully explains what a half A press is in the video.

the "speedrunning fucks" are the ones who are actually using the term the way they defined it, it's not their fault "everyone else" is getting it wrong

>"hey, I didn't know Pannen had an FAQ"
>open it up
>it's nearly 17,000 fucking words
I was fucking stunned when I saw it. More so when I started reading it. He spends a horrifying amount of time explaining why he doesn't like doing commentated videos, often retreading the same points over and over.
I've always been hesitant to call Pannen autistic, I always thought he was just a quirky guy that liked Mario 64, but holy shit.

Holy shit the end of the race.

That's like a short book. Doesn't sound very autistic to me.

It's only logical to name them differently if the game handles pressing down and releasing the button differently.

I wish I could quit my job and spend my life being a complete fuckin autist with my favorite games. I bet I could do amazing things with Banjo Tooie.

>pannen's brother is fucking Borp
>melee player known for NOT using advanced tech

absolutely incredible

it's cool he only beats him by 5 frames with this method

I love this man.

It's what happens when you like a game so much that you've done everything and have to figure out new ways to beat it.

Every great game deserves an autist meticulously delving into its deepest, darkest secrets. Pannen is a hero and his work is appreciated by his many fans.

>This is TAS

Attached: bart.png (246x250, 71K)

You don't understand mate. It's not like it's full of things related to Mario 64. The only speed-running related thing in there is his rant on what half an a press is.
Most of it is dedicated to extremely simple things like why he has two channels and why he doesn't like doing commentated videos.
docs.google.com/document/d/1K4OTAyampX1CueKyZUIunz0yIUYd3ldlQxv37oaySgs/edit?usp=sharing
Look for yourself.

If you guys like autism try SPEEPSHighway, he does basically the same thing to a lesser extent with the Sonic Adventure games

>I need everything around me to be quiet while I record voice commentary. There can't be a TV in the next room, people talking outside my room, a radiator making noise, or loud wind outside. All of these have happened at some point, and I had to reschedule when I recorded the voice commentary to accommodate.

Does he live with his parents? I expected him to be older than that.

I'd pay just to know what's line of work.

Someone post the mechanical pencil harem

which one of you fucks is using the nyan cat icon

Attached: Capture.png (680x141, 19K)

(You) are

Nyancat sounds good as fuck, give them a pass

Late 2015 he was in his 7th semester of college, for Computer Science.
He seems like a smart guy, and probably went into college straight after high school, so he's probably got a good family as well. Probably went to school while living with his parents.
If he graduated 2016, I can't imagine he's still living at home. You make bank with a computer science degree these days. Maybe he's shooting for a Masters while living at home still, or maybe the crazy bastard's on his way to a doctorate.

>literally the most autistic channel on SM64 to date
>so much so that even the devs are probably shitting themselves over this
>makes arbitrary challenges just to see what he can do
>gains arbitrary code execution, reprograms stages based off this bullshit
>decides its not enough
>removed the fucking jump button from the platformer almost entirely
>decided that this wasnt even enough and removed the option of even fucking moving the control stick
so whats next? he doesnt need to jump to win, he doesnt need to move the stick to win, so what the fuck is left

hes not finding anything new, just revisiting things in a more modern way just so you're aware. hes a fraud unlike pannen

What is Yea Forums's obsession with autism?
The dude's a passionate genius not some faggot that spend 5000 hours making something in minecraft anybody with enough time could do

He seems really upsetti

Attached: 290518A5-5B49-4759-ACFE-A86CD4D28CBD.png (750x1334, 201K)

He's still the only YouTuber going in-depth on Sonic Adventure shit.

he is because im not doing it user, trust me.
if you want some real shit, have him show off the PSO SA2 trial disc which has slightly different engine physics and a more loose feel on control

That sounds like the opposite of an autist. Autists tend to be pedantic.

Pannen is a treasure and never deserved to be memed and made fun of. He's just a precious soul who wanted to have some fun with everyone and now we can't even hear his voice anymore because of the retarded Henry bullshit.

A passionate genius can be autistic

>went into college straight after high school, so he's probably got a good family as well
Cannot confirm this. My family is very shitty.

He's actually fucking autistic, holy shit

In all fairness, it's made abundantly clear in the FAQ that the memes didn't make him stop (though he doesn't like them).
He never liked doing commentated videos, it's just that the Rolling Rocks video set a new standard of quality for him.

reminder that pannenkoek posts on Yuru Yuri subreddit

Attached: Capture.png (645x390, 59K)

Sorry to hear that user.

Which video?

truly redpilled

>reddit.com/user/pannenkoek2012
Damn, this guy really likes Yuru Yuri.

Am I misremembering something? I thought Koopa the Quick accused you of cheating if you flew or used the warps.

>respect Pannen for all the effort he puts into Super Mario 64 and pulling off ridiculous challenges and things
>subbed to him a few months before Watch for Rolling Rocks hit and watched that video day 1
>for about a year after Watch for Rolling Rocks whenever Panne is brought up anywhere it's nothing but "TJ HENRY LOLOLOL" "FIRST LET'S TALK ABOUT PARALLEL UNIVERSES LMAO" "SCUTTLEBUGS"

Attached: 1551513167248.jpg (275x326, 19K)

Evidently he does not.

zfg did some shit that's close when he did his first no-rules randomizer run of OOT

That's bizarre, I've always thought the same thing, though only for the warp.

The (in)famous Rolling Rocks video.
youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

He calls you out for cheating if you use the cannons. Everything else is fine

Congrats user I'm fairly certain you're the only one in this thread that actually knows what a half a press is

That was so fucking close

autism incarnate

You just KNOW he timed his method so it coincides with Koopa arriving at the end to be more dramatic, if he wanted he could've left him in the dust

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if that was the case.

It's amazing isn't it when faced with genius, the "Henry"s of this world can only respond with: it can not be done

After watching this guy, I'm actually kind of glad people used to beat the shit out of me for being a nerd.

After reading your post, I'm actually kind of glad people used to beat the shit out of you.

Have you guys heard of the Uber Mario 64 challenge? It was a thing passed around on GameFAQs back in the day that imposed a ton of restrictions, and IIRC they never finished routing to see if it was possible. I'm curious what people would think now.

Cuckold

imagine putting this on your resume and then not hearing back from any jobs you applied for.

>see this
>it's gonna be pannenkoek right?

yep it was
based as fuck

not only he banished him to the shadow realm he also humiliated him by beating him without the control stick

Attached: 1504730737385.jpg (477x600, 30K)

You should write for Fuller House with this level of fresh thought and wit, user.

This has to be a first for mankind, this exact joke. A first.

Attached: 1362389836845.png (221x221, 37K)

Like what kind of restrictions?

I haven't. I used to try the Beyond 120 Stars .com challenges though.

He uses TAS which pretty much invalidates any of his achievements. If you need to use external tools to run with a crackhead theory that you cant replicate on the base n64 you are just cheating.

You can’t even use TAS in official speedruns because its cheating

I knew he'd started doing joystickless challenges, but Koopa the Quick is the last thing I expected to see him do.

Attached: 1297093076200.png (200x141, 142K)

Bait.

The idea isn't to actually speedrun it, but to see if it's actually doable by the games laws

know how I know you've never routed a speedrun in your life?

>official speedruns
Were you on the speedrunning panel he competed in a few years back? The one that got so butthurt about Pannens entries they had to change the rules and over specify what they were looking for?

You do understand that the route for his 0.5 A press Rolling Rocks video is, quite literally, impossible for a human to perform in real time

what an absolute faggot retard I hope you kill yourself.

I hope you are baiting or you are a literal retard.