Why do people keep buying Pokemon games? It's always the same shit. Is it literal mental retardation?

Why do people keep buying Pokemon games? It's always the same shit. Is it literal mental retardation?

Attached: 1347289326093.jpg (4800x3198, 1.81M)

Pretty much.

Attached: 1447615384948.jpg (2322x4128, 2.01M)

Yes

It's the same reason why people keeps buying any game sequels.

Beettlejuice for $5? That's a bargain!

Is this a fan base rant thread? I really don't get why there are so many smash threads. It's a bland and boring game anyway

Damn fat, ugly and balding? Guy could star in an NTR VN.

Why do Americans like Pokemon so much?
I think the Mutts and Nips are the only people who never stop playing them when they are grown-up adults.

I would assume most of their fanbase are children who haven't been playing the series for the last 20 years so it doesn't matter. I assume sesame street is the same as it was 20 years ago, but it doesn't bother me as I've grown past caring for it and it doesn't bother children because they weren't alive then

I honestly don't know, the games literally sell millions every time, even sun and moon, and ultra sun and moon, late release 3ds games, did very well,
I don't blame gamefreak for being so resistant to change, the games have hardly tanked in sales at all, the Switch versions will easily sell 10 mill in a years time, maybe less, they have no reason to not keep on the same path
It's just a fucking shame, im just tired of the series, lost interest after playing Y, its so bland and boring now, Gen 5 was super good too imo, i really had hope for gen 6
I wish we'd get SMT style spin offs in terms of gameplay and story variation with Pokemon, if the main line games are gonna stay the same fine but I want something else

my sister's soiboy bf buys all of them and plays pokemon go every day as well.
he's not retarded. i don't know wtf to make of it. he worships capeshit as well. nice guy though.

Who takes these creepy pictures like this in public just to post them on an user board for (you)s
Sure the guys no looker but at least he's minding his own business

Girls love Pokemon, but, I just don't get it either, Animal Crossing and sim games I get the appeal there, even though those are similar you can usually play your own way and have little constraint, with Pokemon though it's so rigid
My biggest issue with Pokemon is that it feels like two games strapped together that just don't mesh well, you have the worlds most predictable single player RPG that's beyond tired and worn out and then you have a super multiplayer focused post game that will only interest you if that's your bag, and either way you have to play the 1p mode if thats what you want in the end so no one really wins, except, i guess people do because they sell millions every time so fuck me

I'd imagine it's some teenage kid who posts it on reddit or iFunny for le epic karma.

Is the autism making it hard to get why people enjoy something so it bothers you?

Attached: 1552344568852.jpg (589x308, 30K)

>super multiplayer focused post game
To me, the most bizarre aspect of this is the extremely autistic meta with EVs and IVs.
I know the newer games give you more control over it but holy shit what is the fucking point?

it is mass-appeal cute, easy to play with mechanical depth, rpg with wide variety of monsters which lead to collection and "waifu"wars. there isnt really another game that gives this kind of experience. also nostalgia

Attached: 1550555522033.jpg (250x250, 14K)

yes
theyre trained dogs

Apparently now theres tech for """tournaments""" that check to make sure you dont bring in hacked pokemon so you know anyone competing had to waste hundreds of hours to perfect their team, its just really slow chess, especially because animations and everything in the new games with the shitty 3d engine move at a glacial framerate
I just don't get it either man, I tried that shit in Gen 4 and got burnt out, there's no value in it for me, Pokemon has so much fucking potential as a series and its fucking wasted on the getting to be lazy because its a millions seller every time

pokemon center in Japan is full of gaijins.

>ugh why do nintedo kiddies like playing this so much
>they should grow up and spend a 1000$ dollars on microtransactions and these cool loot shooters/battle royale games instead

>there isnt really another game that gives this kind of experience
this is how the dog barks

Why did you reply to your own post?

I don't know who in their right mind would continue supporting these games after Pokemon: Sun/Moon

Attached: averagevitauser.jpg (600x375, 42K)

I wish to Christ they would have some variety at least.

Make fun of him all you want but you just KNOW this guy has the most baller lineup of Pokemon this side of the Internet.

>someone posts nintendo
>immediately deflect to sony
keep seething lmao

>that Pikachu shirt
I got that for Christmas a while back. I kept the straightest poker face but still the only thing going through my mind was how little I could wear it without getting called out. It's the most awkward shit.

I haven't bought one since SS, but I've played gens 5 and 7. Pokemon is one of the few series that just suck me in without exception, though I did take a break of 5 years after BW2. I don't really get the sameness complaint, you should know that the games work on the same formula with minor tweaks by now. I found gen 7 to introduce a decent number of changes and improvements.

lack of social awareness is sign of autism.

He's right, there isn't. None of what people consider Pokemon "clones" ever take the same approach to gameplay as Pokemon, instead relying on more traditional JRPG gameplay design axioms, or the fall under the Monster Raising genre.

Because you are a roach