Final fantasy XV

What went wrong?

Attached: 1552525185483.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KM_o14HB07I
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/S-qrfOYQ_7dMOli2NrRvAQ/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/dmc combat/
youtu.be/tfoQM6jNhW0
youtu.be/v8lvAq_yp_w
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/6576-best-of-2016-game-of-the-year-final-final-vote
youtube.com/watch?v=EMhANHI9YhA&t=5m45s
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Wall_(Final_Fantasy_XV)
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/453464631/#453464631
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is fake

Tabata

This is so shitters can still beat the game.

You answered your own question already. XIII and XV both suffered from being put on autoplay, and XV is basically just KH's engine and it's terribly, terribly boring. The series hasn't been good since XII, unless you count XI/XIV.

Everything.

Big deal i can do the same thing with FF1- 10

Big deal i do the same thing when i fap.

It literally tells you in game to do this. Also, it's Final Fantasy so who gives a shit?

Attached: 1552433626650.png (327x316, 211K)

Trying to make the next FF7 to milk, without thinking about why FF7 was successful in the first place before all the milking happened.

I'm not buying 7 remake till it's proved it's good and it won't be.

every game that asks feedback is destined to be shit

Attached: 1539146402489.jpg (680x875, 58K)

>Normie pandering
>Story DLC
>Extended development time
>You are unable to die as long as you have Phoenix Downs
>Shitty writing

Attached: 1545857653414.jpg (800x1054, 148K)

>without thinking about why FF7 was successful in the first place before all the milking happened.
Good marketing.
PS1 babs hadn't played any RPGs yet, so they framed this one as revolutionary.
Flashy cutscenes.
Story that appeals to 14 year old edgelords.
Shitty translation.
Awful graphics even when they used pre-rendered backgrounds. Crash looks way better and it's completely in real time.

>Party member disappears
>You have to buy DLC to find out what they were doing.
>Mid Final Dungeon DLC
>Main Ending was the Bad or normal ending, real ending and additional scenarios canceled because they didn't want to keep going without Tabata

Final Fantasy XIII got lucky compared to this trainwreck.

Attached: 1551136280543.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

Nomura couldn't finished the fucking game. He made his staff redo all the assets over three times, over three fucking times and then make everything in the new engine to make everything seamless, as in all the cutscenes. He even tried to redo the game again to make it like a musical, fuck that hack.

you forgot
>cup noodles

>real ending and additional scenarios canceled because they didn't want to keep going without Tabata
>Final Fantasy XIII got lucky compared to this trainwreck.
Maybe they should have.
Also, why the hell did SE think it was such a good fucking idea to have multiple elements be online-only and timed on top of that? There's shit related to FF15 that you can literally never play anymore.

Attached: justice monsters five.jpg (1024x538, 232K)

Toriyama love for his waifu is stronger than Tabata love for FFXV

>stronger than Tabata's excuses
Fixed. Every fucking thing Tabata did was some bullshit excuse
>no type-0 vita port or even a non-JP release but instead port it to PS4
>MUH EYES
>super simple combat
>MUH HANDS
Every dumb shit he did related to him in some way.

Let's really dive deep
>Square-Enix has been feeling themselves after their successful launches of X & XI
>(Wada) Decides to meddle in the production of XII to maximize profits, which leads to people leaving the company and getting Vaan as a protag.
>S-E decides they want to take on Engine manufacturers like Unreal by creating their own for the industry to license
>Because so many have left the company like Sakaguchi and Matsuno, it leaves Nomura as the defacto senior exec so he gets tasked to make big choices and projects
>As part of the wave of everything new they create the FNC, with Nomura given carte blanche to do whatever the fuck as he's the head senior executive
>Problem is, is that he's only been good as a character designer, not a director.
>So he passes the buck off to a lot of younger team members, like Tabata.
>Tabata clearly has a talent to make sure a game is "done" and be done as fast as possible. A "cleaner" if you will.
>He does this many times for S-E, and builds a trust
>XIII's Crystal Tools is an abject failure as well as the White Engine in terms of getting studios interested in using it.
>Mean-fucking-while, XIV 1.0 is fucked. No one that's developing it, gives a shit about making it good. Because the office motto is, "It's Final Fantasy, it'll all work out."
>XIV 1.0 comes out and it's a massive failure, things get so bad that Wada resigns as CEO as is replaced by Matsuda
>So S-E is a shitshow, stocks are down with massive losses and is the worst in company history since the merger
>So they nut up and get things done
>XIV absolutely needs to get remade from the ground up and needs a new EP & cash to do it, now
>Yoshi-P takes it's reigns and dumps everything coding wise of 1.0 to start fresh and not use it as a crutch
>Toriyama's Waifu game gets more sequels because S-E needed a quick turn around of cash

>Their mobile division starts to kick in high gear as they starting working with mobile companies like DeNA to make FF
>They also need to start making XV and now, what to do?
>Back to Nomura in a Shibuya Coffee shop, with cigarette stains on his sketchpad, and his phone buzzing from different devs that he's delegated to
>He's now told that his project will be XV and he's been kicked off the project
>S-E picks Tabata to clean up the mess, again, and get it done soon.
>Tabata does and cuts corners everywhere, and as mandated by S-E, integrates pretty much everything that S-E has a hand in ("HD Games", Mobages, MMOs, Movies, Anime, Music, Manga, Novels)
>The whole thing is a mess, but hey, it's done, it's out of the door, and DLC is underway along with a "new project" with, again, a proprietary engine (Luminous) that they're trying to sell
>Tabata gets a new studio for that project, but he's not about that noise and fucks off
>So fucking A, the project is given it's THIRD LEAD DIRECTOR (Terada) & THIRD EP (Shinoda), and is told "we're only giving you so much budget, decide".
>So Shinoda's like, "Axe everything, we're doing 1 more game, 1 more anime, and we'll figure out later of what to do with everything else (Novel)".

So, to answer the question, "what the hell went wrong?".
The Answer, is fucking EVERYTHING!

Toriyama saved the company with the 13 sequels. It allowed them to salvage 14.

Nothing because people aren't retards like you that keeps posting some idiot beating low level grunt enemies with a high level end game weapon yet still getting knocked down when doing it.

Show you holding nothing but O against Omega or the fierce or level 120 aranea or ifrit or cor or ravus ot the mystic or dread behemoth or quetzcoatl or naglfar or angelus ma-x etc
Oh wait, you'd die.

Fuck off KH kun.

Attached: just hold O to win except for when you don't .webm (960x540, 2.93M)

kh fag btfo

Attached: kh3 and xv doing nothing comparison.webm (640x720, 2.98M)

>Muh boogeyman

Not our fault you like to eat shit, square enix shill, but don't imply we all want to indulge with you.

Fuck off KH fag samefag

Attached: kh3 do nothing and literally win.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

>Omega or the fierce or level 120 aranea or ifrit or cor or ravus ot the mystic or dread behemoth or quetzcoatl or naglfar or angelus ma-x etc
what a nerd.

Fuck off KH fag

Attached: kh3 camera 2.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

The real ending is in the game since day 1, only the non canon alt timeline dlc was cancelled

I didn't played kingdom hearts 3 but im pretty confident that the bossfight you're showing has roxas coming to the rescue, and so storywise he's meant to be the one dealing damage during the fight.

cope

No it has the game win for you
it is not a story thing

By looking at your sperging you're the one coping.

>Same posts and same webms

It's amazing how pathetic one's life must be to do this go through this routine day in and day out justifying one failed garbage fire. And to not even think it's because they don't like Square's scummy practices but believing they are seething fans of another shitty Square title. You bring new meaning to the word "Autistic", kid.

Attached: 1498383871966.jpg (911x848, 60K)

kek it's an angry barry thread

Cope

>pretending to be barry
Not cool dude. Not cool.

>Majora's Mask
>One year development
>The best video game in existence

>Final Fantasy XV
>A decade of development
>Shit

Attached: kizuna.jpg (960x539, 37K)

Nothing. The game is great, and just because you sperg lords don't like it doesn't mean anything went wrong.

>XV-kun can't even defend his easy baby game where it takes an entire fucking minute to die while afk without comparing it to a fucking Disney game explicitly made for kids
lmao, try comparing it to a real action RPG next time, Barry

Attached: nothing.webm (853x480, 1.33M)

>literally press x to win
OH NO NO NO NO XVFAGS WHAT HAPPENED?????
based Nomura, btw
>inb4 I get called KHfag

Attached: 1549589647534.png (324x313, 235K)

He's a third world subhuman, he knows nothing of gaming but the mainstream which is why he cares so much about a game from 2015 as if it's the only final fantasy game worth a damn.

youtu.be/KM_o14HB07I
Nope look at this, the boss has like 16 bars and in the first part of the bossfight he's stomping the party and then when roxas pops out the guy gets his healthbar mauled by him.
It's obviously meant to be like this.

XV-kun will never ever be able to defend FFXV against anything except Kingdom Hearts.
Point out how Persona 4 has a better party and main cast dynamic? He runs away and cries about Kingdom Hearts.
Point out how much better at action combat DMC5 is? He runs away and cries about Kingdom Hearts.
Point out how much better an open world Red Dead Redemption 2 is? He runs away and cries about Kingdom Hearts.
Point out how FFXIII is a better Final Fantasy game? He runs away and cries about Kingdom Hearts.
Point out how MGSV is better despite also being unfinished with cut content? He runs away and cries about Kingdom Hearts.

No idea why he is unable to defend Final Fantasy XV when you bring up anything besides Kingdom Hearts.

>bring up other games
>he just says "But KINGDOM HEARTS!"

>Show you holding nothing but O against Omega or the fierce or level 120 aranea or ifrit or cor or ravus ot the mystic or dread behemoth or quetzcoatl or naglfar or angelus ma-x etc
>Oh wait, you'd die.
you're right I would die doing that
Holding O while using potions whenever I take damage, on the other hand...

t. sperging seether coping

OH NO NO NO NO BARRY WHAT HAPPENED??? I THOUGHT NOMURA IS BASED???

Attached: 1552548353358.png (489x1112, 272K)

I feel he's gotta be botting it at this point, there's no way he can literally be typing this same drivel day in and day out and only be targeting KHfags, he'll call out some random names every now and then but it's always KHfags.

It's part of his retarded strawman, both of the webms he tries to prove the "Press One Button" joke isn't true ignoring items and purposefully killing himself by running into a powerful enemy.

Is this the laugh at Barry thread?

Attached: 22820DAD-EDC9-41CE-91FC-403829C169E8.gif (480x270, 1.64M)

Oh how fucking ironic
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/S-qrfOYQ_7dMOli2NrRvAQ/

Are you fucking retarded

Did you miss noctis is at MAX level 120 with full defence while that boss is level 40 something you blind cunt? Plus gladio had the ascension node to increase party defense higher when recovering team member from danger too

Meanwhile KH3 is complete dogshit where you can't die

Attached: ara level 120.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

Fuck off KH kun

Attached: ff5 hold x to win battles!.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

In like, 5 minutes you uploaded 4 webms shitting on a game OP didn't even mentioned just to deflect the criticism that final fantasy VX could get.
I doubt im the one coping here kek.

Attached: DngyOGnUcAAy9oos.jpg (592x555, 48K)

Did you miss the fact that that's boss rush mode where all your equipment is maxed out and you're put at a higher level than you reach in the story in spite of you not getting anywhere close to enough ravel ore to max out your gear or exp to hit that level without extreme grinding?
Oh wait you've never even played real ARPGs and you'd probably get bodied by Felghana on very easy mode because you can't just spam items to win (assuming you are an invalid who can't just press triangle whenever you're remotely in danger for a completely free and safe attack) like in your game made for doddering old folk.

Yes you would die

Fuck off KH kun

Oh no KH3 BTFO

Attached: 1551618299421.jpg (3266x2180, 2.59M)

See exactly what I said he would do. Ignored how all those other games put FFXV to shame and ran away crying about KH.
So predictable.

>ITT: Barry in full damage control

Attached: 1550725831461.png (327x316, 87K)

None of these are my post
, and you still haven't justified your spamming of the same shit so I fail to see the "Irony" outside of the fact you're doing it again in this post and feigning ignorance.

>Yes you would die
Yeah, cause I'm not using my items. Though if I did just hold O and spam items, I would breeze through the game since it's pathetically easy.

Post games with better combat than XV, XV Windows Edition, and XV Royal Edition. I’ll start.

Attached: 6F8F30BE-F38A-48F1-80BB-4B7EF3B31D15.jpg (372x500, 34K)

No it's a laugh at pathetic KH fags trying to shitpost against XV by hiding behind other games, which is the only reason KH fags even mention other unrelated games here to begin with, then pretend they arent a KH fag yet they do the same fucking shit all the time

Attached: khr526.jpg (1196x1039, 323K)

>using items
Now do that in XV

How long will he keep this shit up?
Can he reach Barneyfag-tier longterm autism?
I wonder if we are going to see him seethe on Yea Forums in 5-10 years

It's funny he cries about Kingdom Hearts and still fucking bought a copy day one. He's a literal hypocrite.

>he’s still trying to convince himself that DMCbros actually give a shit about XV
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF BARRY

Attached: 73F8DC75-2846-4D57-A2DC-F757CCB32CBE.gif (598x661, 281K)

Reminder despite its flaws, pretty much everyone said Kh3 was a good game, even though a few aspects (final fantasy characters and pacing) were disappointing.
Reminder not a single person except barry ever said ffxv was a good game and all it got was criticism for the shitty gameplay, empty world, fetch quest spam and countles dlc.

Attached: 1523392935466.jpg (600x457, 35K)

For me he's already in the Yea Forums high funcioning patreon.

Horizon Zero Dawn was such a better open world experience than XV. Cooler giant enemies too. Shame Yea Forums has a hateboner for it.

Also sold better than XV too.

Attached: 61TWIkO-bDL._SX342_QL70_.jpg (342x342, 30K)

HEY BARRY WHERE'S YOUR 90 METACRITIC??? AHAHAHHAHA KEEP COPING WITH YOUR BELOW 85 SCORE LMAO

Attached: images.jpg (220x249, 19K)

OP is a proven KH fag and the only one who posts that webm. Fuck off and stop desperately trying to hide behind DMC you fucking KH fag.

So you had no idea and still have no idea what anything is, fucking hell you're retarded and BTFO

>he thinks DMCfags give a shit about XV
AHAHHAHA THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF BAZZKEK

Attached: 1552313714489.png (700x510, 89K)

>Stop hiding behind DMC
You literally just posted this.

How? Holding nothing but X to win constantly in older FF battles showing older FFs are more guilty of the very thing you're trying to accuse XV of introducing to FF you fucking moron?

I remember he got laughed off trying that in a DMC threads and then suddenly 120 of his samefag posts all got deleted at the same time when mods showed up.

I am OP i downloaded the video from the webm thread because it was funny.
It's obviously meant to be taken as a joke you sperg so please stop derailing my thread.

BACK THE FUCK OFF?!?!?

IS IT ANGELS?
IS IT DEVILS?
WHISPERING IN MY EARS?

Attached: 66B82D27-76AD-4B03-8808-09E818B8895D.jpg (1024x576, 120K)

>SE
>able to do anything but turn based gameplay

Attached: i seriously hope you guys don't use gold orbs.png (974x737, 595K)

OP, he's a shitposter, he's not going to listen to reason and just cry into the night like he always does. Anything Negative about XV hurts his wittle fee fees.

Attached: Ardyn reviews FFXV.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Why are you responding to yourself you fucking hypocrite?

>KH fag still trying to force a rivalry between DMChads and XVbros
Cope

No everyone said KH3 was trash disappointment while everyone said XV is good despite any flaws

>KH fag still trying to hide behind other games because KH3 was such trash that even diehard KH fanboys hated it

Attached: 1551890404644.png (680x420, 111K)

As a DMCfag, TWEWY was an excellent ass game. Shame they haven’t done anything like it since.

Attached: E5E129B8-327C-4923-B246-3638BEEADDC4.png (744x594, 590K)

I didn't say anything about holding buttons. I did say XV had a shit main party cast compared to Persona 4 though. Damn Noctis and pals are straight up worse than Yu and the Mystery Gang.
Oh also Nico in DMCV is a better mechanic than Cindy.

>using a white pad

What a fag.

Nice lies.

No you would still die, and the fact you even need items is because you died.

>XVfags
>bros
Flock off, featherface.

Attached: 5CF4208B-3598-4B51-9FC6-1CF7AB3E4372.gif (280x158, 889K)

It was good but it basically was just a handheld KH game and fucking DDR or something fused together.

this is where i downloaded the webm, stop bringing kingdom hearts to a final fantasy thread please.

I liked Final Fantasy XV.

t. KH fag trying to force a rivalry between DMChads and XVbros and by hiding behind other games

Attached: 20190129_125026.jpg (2636x2866, 1.31M)

This one
>Omega in a AAAA title with a ten gorillion dollar budget and an entire DECADE of development time
>single fight that lasts 5 minutes on a good kill
>stands still while you wail on him and occasionally shoots a telegraphed laser beam
>sometimes struts around the arena at the speed of a rushing tortoise while you press triangle occasionally to get out of his way
>longest video guide is 5 minutes long and most of that is just the guy telling you what equipment to use
>generic battle theme
>Omega in a shoestring budget MMO created from the scraps of a failed game that's given just enough funding to milk whales of their money from a cash shop and subscription; fight was developed over the course of 6 months
>three separate fights lasting 6 minutes for the shortest fight and 9 minutes for the other two on a good kill
>dozens of mechanics that require perfect execution or will either instantly kill you or come very close to it will gutting your damage output as a penalty
>shortest combined video guide times are 45 minutes total (15 minutes per fight)
>three unique battle themes composed specifically for the fights

Attached: XIV_Omega_Art.png (1024x742, 1.46M)

>post Horizon Zero Dawn
>runs away crying about Kingdom Hearts
Again and again. Literally every game is better than XV except Kingdom Hearts to you.

TWEWY doesn’t really play like any KH game, tbqh. I feel like the dual screen gameplay and pin system help set it apart from a lot of other ARPGs and games in general.

Attached: 12FA658E-225A-4C55-90CE-FD3918873925.png (797x676, 714K)

Shit meme and looking forward to Episode Ardyn

Attached: Du00kMUUwAEVK0S.jpg (857x1200, 105K)

Look at KH fag samefagging after getting BTFO over an image made to call him out for falseflagging and trying to force a rivalry between DMChads and XVbros

>get BTFO
>just gives up and doesn't even address the fact that you can't even handle real action games on weenie hut jr. difficulty yet claim XV is difficult

>No you would still die
lolnope
you can item spam through fucking everything in this game. you can stand in FUCKING DIVEBOMBS and eat them like a retard and lose less HP than a regular potion heals you.

Nice try KH fag

>that image
please stop, DMCfags do not give a shit about your failed game. you were pitting DMC and KH before the metacritic scores were revealed. remember this webm? yeah
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/dmc combat/

>KH fag pretending to be DMChad
pathetic

I literally said nothing about KH in this thread. I just posted TWEWY.

Attached: 77791F6E-0CBC-4306-BE46-DBEBD17F9FF5.jpg (210x210, 25K)

Except it has a better cast than those cardboard anime cutouts and Cindy is a better mechanic too, literally mods the car so it can fly
all nico does is mod weapons which cid does better anyway

>Barry is still being a faggot
Sad.

Fuck off KH kiddie

>posts DMC
>gets called a KHfag
Are you okay, Barry?

Attached: 925A88CD-4958-49D4-A527-16F1C5138294.jpg (297x545, 38K)

Huh. So this is what "good" AI looks like, is it? Useless bystanders who have little to no real effect on the fight, and can't even distract the enemy for you?
Luckily for you KH3 is full of that, with Donald and Goofy at your side almost the entire game.

Cindy is an eyesore and honestly a bad VA. In English at least, didn't hear the Japanese version.
Nico is cute though. Cute!
Also Nico actually has a personality. Nico all the way baby.

As he dusted off his cheetohs
Was a sound of "FUCK NOMURA AND FUCK ITSUNO"
He heated a hotpocket
Cum-stained tissues on his carpet
He was sitting at his table
Mad that anons were buying kingdom hearts 3 and DMC V
So he shitposted the whole board now
Shut it all down
Nothing allowed

Barry are you okay, are you okay, are you okay Barry?

Barry are you okay?
Will you tell us, that you're okay?
There's a thread on the first page
And he dabbed you, a tuxedo, Barry
He came into your report cue
Left the board, saying "FUCK YOU"
And then you cried on to your mom too
You were dabbed on
It was your doom

You've been memed by
You've been dabbed by

A based shitposter

>FFV battle theme arrangement with Lenna's theme mixed in
>generic

>cooldown mmo trash
>good

Also unless you have faught omega multiple times to know its patterns and weakness plus what buffs and setup are good against it it'll never take 5 minutes even at max level, YouTube guides are made after multiple trial and error runs you fucking retard

I liked her interactions with Nero. Felt genuinely wholesome in a sibling kind of way.

Ah yes, the famous coalition between the XV bros and the DMC chads, there is a silent cold war between them and the menacing armies of the KHfags and the Bayofags.
Hopefully we will reach an agreement with the ninja gaiden bros and destroy the evil forces who threatens the actions game genre, am i right bros?

Attached: 1538173443568.png (344x380, 250K)

Not as BTFO as you've been since XV was dropped like a dead fish. Cry all you want and divide blame all you want, the square is a shit company and you are a massive flaming faggot for supporting them as they fucked your game in the ass.

Joking aside, is an action combat in FF games is doable with all FF staples like summons, magic, limit break etc? I think the major crutch is the party system, you can only control 1 character but FF games required you to have multiple party members, in action combat this invites all kind disastrous outcome.

As he dusted off his cheetohs
Was a sound of "FUCK NOMURA AND FUCK ITSUNO"
He heated a hotpocket
Cum-stained tissues on his carpet
He was sitting at his table
Mad that anons were buying kingdom hearts 3 and DMC 5
So he shitposted the whole board now
Shut it all down
Nothing allowed

Barry are you okay?
Will you tell us, that you're okay?
There's a thread on the first page
And he dabbed you, a tuxedo, Barry
He came into your report cue
Left the board, saying "FUCK YOU"
And then you cried on to your mom too
You were dabbed on
It was your doom

Attached: 1551651004240.png (733x736, 146K)

>KH fag hiding behind HZD because KH3 was trash
You're so fucking transparent

Look how much you're crying lmaoo

>you gonna cry? huh? gonna cry?
>if you say cry one more time *ring* devil may cry- damn it!
They were cute together.

Yes you would, the fact you even need items is because you got wrecked
You also clearly dont know how defense and resistance stats work

Says the one ignoring the rule of anonymity and exposing himself for a shitty JRPG, you're an embarrassment.

>BUT WAT ABOUT OTHER JRPG?!

Weebs can't argue for shit.

How many bans do you think he’ll go for this time?

Attached: 92A563EE-AE69-4294-AA23-F0D6EE4F8223.png (257x297, 29K)

Fuck off KH fag, stop trying to pretend you're a DMChad or that DMChads give a single fuck about your gay disney kiddie shit
Fuck off with your falseflagging bullshit

what went wrong?
nomura said this is the definitive edition of twewy

Attached: Screenshot_20190113-155807_Chrome.jpg (302x379, 65K)

>Also unless you have faught omega multiple times to know its patterns and weakness plus what buffs and setup are good against it it'll never take 5 minutes even at max level,
And if you fight Omega at a low item level without knowing the fight you're going to die to his enrage. Those times were based on the FASTEST POSSIBLE TIMES for the fights based on the current speedrun records for each fight. Not the average, you fucking retard.
>know its patterns and weakness
All of his attacks can't even instantly kill your party members. Meanwhile you have one person take one wrong step against Omega let alone M&F or Final Omega and your entire party can instantly die.
>YouTube guides are made after multiple trial and error runs you fucking retard
Youtube guides are made by people covering everything you need to know to beat a fight. I even went out of my way to pick the most condensed guide possible for FFXV while I picked one of the longer guides for Omega that was made by some guy who sounds stoned out of his fucking mind who takes like 2 fucking minutes to tell you not to use weapons that will heal Omega lmao. I could have gone out of my way to find a Mr Happy guide for O12S which is literally an hour and 15 minutes if I wanted to pad out the times you dipshit.

nice projection

Ok Barry, you're right. Kingdom Hearts is bad. But doesn't change Horizon Zero Dawn was the superior open world game to XV. Even sold more too.

Really, Barry?

Attached: 6D0709F5-091D-4959-8723-716D62BB5C8D.jpg (640x510, 126K)

For somebody who wants us to like this game, you sure have a shitty fucking temper. Thank god they didn't hire you to actually market for them.

Are you illiterate? Oh right you're a KH fag pretending to be a DMChad so of course

t. kh sperg

I don't want you to like the game, I want to dab on Barry, faggot.

Keep seething, Barry.

Attached: CCE0DEA6-428F-4A57-BCB7-70782DD03BC0.gif (550x400, 1.59M)

Are there any actual good jrpgs from this generation?
I had really hoped xv would be a successor to the vii-ix era

HEY BARRY WHY DON'T YOU POST THAT SAME BERIAL WEBM ON DMC THREADS? WHAT HAPPENED?

>What went wrong?
its made for a mainstream audience? Like wowzers such fucking shocker aint it faggot.

Yes, bottom is good AI which heals you but not too much or too frequently but is balanced and buffs your defence when recovering you, deals damage enough to make a dent but not so it wins for you, balanced.

top is bad AI that just wins for you removing playing choice or agency entirely with no semblance of balance at all, just fucking terrible

My mistake, I meant to reply to barry.

Just don't play anything Square Enix/Final Fantasy related and you're safe.

Understandable, have a nice day

>tfw barry's autism brought KH and DMC closer together through their mutual hatred.
DMCV was a great game. GOTY for me. Glad I checked out the series.

You're fucking gay, nico has a worse design and is a SJW in real life, and Cindy has more personality too

Attached: cindy saying ''you're a fag''.gif (540x289, 1.49M)

It was a good game, but at the end of the day no game can compete with the wondrous taste of Cup Noodles.
There may be magical mechanical men destroying cities, but even insentient robots know that Cup Noodle is a gourmet meal and we can at least be thankful that no matter how many people they kill, they won't kill the people who are enjoying such a perfect meal.
Even when the world is plunged into blackness and overrun with monsters, you can rest your head that you will still be able to find quality food thanks to Cup Noodle's long shelf life.

Cup Noodle.

>Cindy
>personality
Pick one
Oh, and datalogs don’t count

Good. You must love KH3 then, right? Considering how much of the game has the same kind of support based AI you like.

I really loved FFXV. Apparently I'm fucking retarded though.

Square Enix has consistently fucked every one up after 9

seething XVkun jealous of superior DMC girls

Cope

>I CLAPPED, I CLAPPED WHEN I HEARD THE BATTLE THEME WHILE I SPAMMED WARP STRIKE!
>versus a fucking heavy metal sea shanty with Omega singing about his past, and two intense orchestral tracks that perfectly encapsulate Omega mirroring the only thing that managed to beat him, or reality breaking down as his AI goes berserk in its death throes
XIV already tried the nostalgia pandering battle theme remixes with the fights earlier in the expac before Omega and it flopped because even MMO trannies have higher standards than you, Barry.

>mfw I like DMC, KH, and TWEWY
>mfw I’m not Barry
Feels great, doesn’t it?

Attached: 603BFEEB-AFC4-4DB3-93E2-D5122B8C2BEA.gif (256x192, 346K)

XV is the most successful single player FF ever and the only stuff cancelled were non canon alt timelines that were never originally planned to begin with, all the originally planned DLC already came out, and episode ardyn was also only going to just be an anime before fan demand for it grew and they decided to make it into actual DLC, the other 3 were only greenlit after that started in 2018 and they were only going to be non canon alt timeline Bonus DLC, that's 1 year of extra DLC than originally planned and it still received more than originally planned, so no

Meanwhile KH0.5 canceled, KH cartoon cancelled, KH3 full of cut content etc

You forgot the part when you get to be s terrorist and fuck the government. Turns out deep down we're all terrorists.

You just exposed yourself.

Wtf barry why you insult your fellow DMC bros, Not cool bro.

Attached: 1540928509322.png (848x544, 346K)

>Barry are you okay? Barry are you okay? Are you okay, Barry?

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190310075545.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

That and when you die, you don't actually 'die' die, you have a window to use phoenix downs to get right back up.

>146 replies
>37 IPs
Barry keeping up the damage control. daily reminder Yea Forums absolutely shitposted on this game.

>XV is the most successful single player FF ever
FFVII has 2-3 million more sales. VII is above and beyond the far more successful and definitive Final Fantasy game.

>speedrun
Is this supposed to mean anything
Also an MMO is not designed with speedruns in mind so why are you comparing fight lengthe when MMO is just hotbar clicking and not real gameplay?
Fuck you're retarded, and even at level 120 your party can still be wiped instantly

>any amount of defense and resistance saving you from divebombs
lol

Outdated and old version, Switch version has more content and nomura said is definitive version

Attached: For Honor_20181112184019.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

And yet it’s still more highly regarded than XV
>XV can’t even beat a DS game in critical reception

Attached: 423B2CDE-1CCF-465A-A1D1-BE51D812086A.jpg (254x368, 42K)

>Also an MMO is not designed with speedruns in mind
FFXIV's high end fights literally revolve around speedrunning to the point where theyactively add mechanics to fights that fuck you over if you try to just burn the bosses down too fast you fucking moron.
>Fuck you're retarded, and even at level 120 your party can still be wiped instantly
Yeah your party can be wiped instantly if you don't hop into the menu and top off with your virtually infinite store of items whenever you take damage since nothing in Omega's fight in XV can kill you from full HP in a single hit
Meanwhile in Final Omega if literally one person does anything wrong at all during Hello World you're literally fucking dead and have to start all over, no grace period to use a phoenix down before you game over like XV's pathetic "gameplay".

But you're only wrecking yourself

Here is someone first time fighting Omega and it taking over 50 minutes despite the party in magitek suits which is the only way to prevent them from dying constantly and even then can only be used effective for 30 minutes a day
youtu.be/tfoQM6jNhW0

Im still amazed about how this guy main modus operandi consist in trying to make factions like it's ww2 but action games by constantly samefagging and making shitty screencaps.

If you have an hour to spare, this video pretty much covers it

youtu.be/v8lvAq_yp_w

Fuck off KH fag desperate to cling to DMChads

based nigger tourist

but Cindy has bigger tits and the better thighs and ass

KEEP COPING, BARRY

Attached: 8ED2A87F-E26D-405C-90B2-1C3BBACD4E0A.png (900x900, 569K)

Inb4 mordhau shill pops out and we make the biggest autistic crossover on Yea Forums right now.

Yeah you clearly didn't play the game

Attached: cidneysad2.png (1080x798, 1.43M)

And absolutely zero personality

I had played JRPGs before 7, including two other Final Fantasy games, and I still thought FF7 was better than them all at the time.
The graphics were always shit though, yeah. Even at the time, I had to look past the bad graphics to see the quality game underneath.

Cindy is only good for porn and eternally blueballing Prompto’s cuck ass.

Nigga FF14 is literally I CLAPPED:the game
you already got BTFO here You're actually more braindead than I thought

ITT barry talking to himself

Here's every single video of someone fighting Final Omega in FFXIV and taking over 50 minutes:

Yep, every single one, because unlike your baby game, you fucking DIE if you're so shit at the game that you come in unprepared and undergeared and can't kill him before he enrages (if you even manage to beat the DPS check which happens twice before that).

t. KH kun samefagging

>IT WAS ALL NON-CANON

Stay delusional, the project was still up for debate and they decided to can it because they didn't want to do it. Tabata himself was disappointed with that decision So again, congrats for sucking Square's cock as they fucked your game and creating a convenient white lie for it too so you can keep giving them cash in the future.

>nostalgia pandering is ok when FFXV does it!

Attached: Omegacompare.png (1798x958, 221K)

FFXV is my 2nd favorite FF game
FFXIV is my first. I have played multiple other FF games too.
I am not a tranny.

Attached: 1552538991045.png (875x949, 248K)

FF7 had 6.57m sold after 2 years
FFXV had 8.4m sold after 1 year 11 months

Bulk of FF7 sales after that 6.57m was at less than 1/2 price and for all PS3/PC sales less than $12

XV made more money on steam in 1 month with 300k sold at $50 than FF7 did on steam in 5 years with 1m sold at $6 to $12

who has the bigger tits and better thighs, Cindy or Gloria?

Attached: CisWUH3.jpg.png (1000x667, 967K)

Are you retarded or what?

is Barry the ultimate XV shill? like are there any other persons on Yea Forums that actually liked the game as much as Barry does?

No it isn't
XV has way more positive reviews

Cindy is bland wallpaper. But whatever, you enjoy your yesterday trash, I'm going to bounce and enjoy a Nico thread, since she can actually sustain a thread.

Everything in that is wrong.

She has more personality than Nico does

Attached: ffxvcidney2at.webm (1920x1080, 1.53M)

nico is a trashy whore compared to the qt cindy

Barry doesn't just "like" FFXV, the game completely broke him. He has literally revolved his entire life around the game for nearly a decade (he's been shilling it since before it released in case you're a newfag) and when it released to poor reception something in him broke and he devoted his entire life to proving that he hadn't wasted all those years leading up to it. He's the epitome of the sunken cost fallacy.

And a much less positive reputation plagued by DLC, false hopes, and more holes in the story than you can shake a stick at. Whereas TWEWY is still held up as a positive cult classic even to this day.

Attached: 9F86D8B0-102E-46FF-B8BA-86AA4A2DB10B.png (706x785, 128K)

I like it but barry makes me ashamed to admit it

So you're fucking retarded and don't know how an MMO works and a single player game where you manage an entire party

>fr*nch

You don't manage an entire party in XV Barry, the other AI are there only as support cucks. They can't even damage Omega and are only good for team attacks. Not that they're useful for much else in the rest of the game either when the AI basically ignore them most of the time and they do basically nothing. Also do you realize you're literally arguing that handling 1/8th of the responsibility for the fights in XIV is STILL harder than handling all the responsibility for the """fight""" in XV?

He's been shilling it since pre-release.

Yes it was, that was specifically stated and was the entire reason they were doing them to begin with.

Tabata being dissaponted is only because it was something announced that was later cancelled, it was literally non canon alt timeline bonus stuff, not main story stuff.

the only proper canon DLC was ep ardyn and that is still coming

Attached: IMG_20190130_122951.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Fun fact, Barry used to be a KH fanboy when XV was still Versus XIII. Then when it released and people compared the combat unfavorably to XV he suddenly hates KH with a burning passion

>11 points on XV side
>11 points on XIV side

>omg xiv is so much more complex
fuck off

Barry early on
>DMCchads and XVbros have a one of kind bond.
Barry now
>Nico is a trashy whore compared to Cindy
Which is it, Barry?

Attached: 8141AA39-C282-40C3-8E0A-1C44B550CABA.jpg (640x399, 28K)

I mean sure you can do that if you want spend maybe five times as long to kill anything

yeah it's really interesting to see his downward spiral to insanity, let this be a lesson to anyone here to never attach your identity to things that you like, because I'm convinced that any and all criticism to that game is a personal attack to him, that's why he's made some kind of vendetta against everyone who criticizes the game.

Everyone, it's just one fag obsessed with KH that samefags to shit on it

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Barry.

more KH kun samefagging

a few days ago he tried to pit kh against hollow knight lmao, he got called out on it and his posts got deleted, getting fucking desperate.

People that play Hollow Knight can recognize barry posting?

>11 points for the entire fight on XV side
>11 points for 40 seconds of one of three fights on XIV side
You're literally dabbing on yourself now Barry

Attached: laughing cunt.png (117x169, 53K)

It's because no woman should smoke.

Nope, XV constantly ranked top 5 best FFs
Also the highest TWEWY userscore is 8.8 on the DS version
The highest XV userscore is 9.5 on the XB1 version of royal edition

Barry, honestly, how old are you?
Do you realize how autistic you've been making all kinds of vidya communities hate you throughout these years?
And how your future self will be cringing hard remembering about the shitposting you did just because you were in love with one mediocre game?

Seen that vid before. I think hes one of tge only ones calling out the bs of splitting story into dlc and splicing in scenes from a seperate movie. Not like tgey were for sequel material they were literally happening during in the base game, with your major party members.

yes because it came out of nowhere and was just like the usual pasta he posts

Yes you do, you set up their weapons, their gear, unlock ascension nodes, give them passive abilities and use buffs to manage them, plus use items on all of them
You literally proved yourself wrong

>Nope, XV constantly ranked top 5 best FFs
Gamefaqs rated it as one of the worst Final Fantasys just last week. VI was rated number 1.

this is not fake

They spent 20 years on a versus title that they switched into a mainstream title and somehow still managed to release an incomplete game.

Also Luna is the worst deuteragonist in gaming history.

Stop falseflagging kh fag

So I’m guessing this video doesn’t exist, then?
youtu.be/v8lvAq_yp_w
Face it, Barry. TWEWY shits all over XV, especially when it comes to the gameplay and characters.

And yet none of that takes as long as overmelding a single piece of gear in XIV and you have to do that 12 times if you want to go into Omega undergeared.

So you literally never played it
your autobattle mmo isnt fucking worth shit

>my legit questions got no (You)s
>retards keep replying to shitposter
That is it, I've had it with you Yea Forums

Attached: 1545388683999s.jpg (231x250, 6K)

daily reminder that barry bought a Yea Forums pass to evade ban, yes, this autist pays to shitpost.

Source if you don’t mind me asking?

>It's because no woman should smoke.

Says who? Women smoking is sexy, quit being a goddamn virgin.

wtf the pass makes you immune to bans?

Gamefaqs rated it GOTY with 13k votes when it came out in the 2017 January poll for 2016 GOTY

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/6576-best-of-2016-game-of-the-year-final-final-vote

>literally never played it
youtube.com/watch?v=EMhANHI9YhA&t=5m45s
5:45 to 6:25 is Hellow World 2
You can literally follow the points outlined in the guide posted in the image and see that at 5:45, "Hello World" is cast, and at 6:25 "Ion Efflux" is cast, and you can follow all the mechanics in between too. LIterally dabbing on yourself.
And you have to discuss cooldown timings, mitigation usage, sync up buffs, handle positioning and who handles which mechanics in XIV as well as being able to adjust on the fly if anything goes wrong
Meanwhile in XV you just walk up and slap his legs until he falls over and lets you wail on him a bit before getting back up, oh but I guess autisming gear setups before that takes a bit longer :^)

>271 replies.
>46 posters.

Attached: 1544152562494.png (320x291, 121K)

A video of a retarded furry that is objectively wrong 5 minutes in and stays wrong the entire vid, with countless lies, misinformation and strawman used with not a single valid point made?

not him but its fucking nasty unless theyre a woman from the 40s or some shit and its sophisticated

Your gay grind fest MMO isn't good and taking 50 minutes at fastest when just clicking a hotbar is trash.

>objectively wrong
He sure as shit ain’t wrong about the shallow ass combat and DLC bullshit.

>50 minutes at fastest
Try to keep up barry, the enrage timer is just over 12 minutes and the fastest clear times are 8 minutes.
>grind fest
But weren't you just arguing that having to grind gear to make Omega take less than 50 minutes in XV makes it harder?

So again you literally never played it and think autobattle mmo cooldown simulator is worth anything yet does everything worse and doesnt even have real gameplay?

>does everything worse
lol
>doesnt even have real gameplay
Well you have to press more than 2 buttons, so I'd say it has more real gameplay than XV

I just wanted to disuss ff XV flaws and this nutjob fucks everything up.
Hopefully you will get your deserved (you)'s next thread user.

Attached: 1528597792453.jpg (969x969, 103K)

There was a thread on it but the archive is shitting up on me along with 4chanx today for some reason.
If you can use the Yea Forums archive with more luck than me try there.

Kek

Attached: 6ECD45F5-7678-4E05-ADA8-B59D2893EE03.gif (500x357, 269K)

Yes he is.
Already on his first point he is completely wrong. Insomnia literally has a wall build around it protecting it from the daemons, empire and monsters outside it, which is why it had prospered as a modern city while the rest of Lucis was run down backwater desert, grasslands and small settlements, those settlements all have the protection of the Hunter HQ which are the ones who are killing monsters and Daemons around Eos, and the entire rest of Lucis is already under Niflheim control too, that is why they had Niflheim garrisons stationed around Lucis, and where places like Lestallum and other places around Lucis are already under Niflheim jurisdiction.

You know how you are picking up Hunts during the game? Yeah guess why those hunts are being given out and by whom, and also guess who else is also doing those same things, Yep it's the Hunters from Meldacio Hunter HQ, this is pretty firmly established in the world building of the game, you can see this from the war torn areas around Lucis too, but I can already tell just from the first 5 minutes of this video that this was going to be a poorly researched and half assed video full of inaccuracies.

Moving on with the rest of the vid it's also hilarious that he posted some FF13 designs which are never even seen in the game as an example of "world building in culture in ff13" even though it's literally not in the game, which is especially bullshit since he completely ignored the existence of the Hunters from Hunter HQ which are stationed in every single outpost with weapon shops and gear and are in Militia gear being the ones fighting the monsters and Daemons, not to mention this is only further established in Comrades when the Hunters and remaining Kingsglaive join forces.

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Wall_(Final_Fantasy_XV)

Attached: magic wall FFXV.jpg (1920x816, 1.22M)

Even worse was his asinine claim that there is no story or purpose to the Costlemark dungeon, which he is also wrong in stating it has the "same tileset as every other dungeon" when A: It's a Solheim era dungeon and Solheim invented Magitek, and is full of Daemons, which he should know are humans and beasts turned into because of the Starscourge, with that Solheim Magitek being ancient tech from an advanced civilization, and B: of which there are only THREE dungeons in the entire game being Solheim dungeons, and of which 1 of them is only post game, on top of that only 1 of them is actually a main story dungeon with Steyliff having similar designed interior, while the Costlemark dungeon is the optional one.

But he pretends like there is no world building or history even though it's clear he really didn't pay attention to anything at all. So not only is he wrong about how it looks or its purpose but he can't even rub two brain cells together to actually see why it is the way it is, it's like he ignored the daemons and the entire Magitek originating from Solheim stuff, or ignoring how NIflheim based their Magitek from Solheim's tech which is why they have tech extremely similar to it, which is why Niflheim are stationed around Steyliff, the Solheim dungeon you go to as part of the story because they are mining Mythril from it, and also are using Daemons to create the Magitek to begin with. Like dude, did he even pay attention to anything?

If it makes you feel better, he does this with almost every thread. He’s a psycho like that.

I'm talking about your gay mmo shit being shit retard, try to keep up

You don't press any buttons, you just click a hotbar thats autobattle
In XV you actually have manual combat with different unique actions on different button inputs

>And how your future self will be cringing hard remembering about the shitposting you did just because you were in love with one mediocre game?
user, Barry has no self-awareness.

Yeah you are and you can't even get that right since none of the fights mentioned can last anywhere close to 50 minutes dipshit
Not to mention you have to press, at minimum 20 buttons for the simplest job in the game, which is 10x the number of buttons that are required in FFXV lmao

>responding to yourself

Nor is he wrong about the copy paste story encounter being used as a 'hunt' side mission.

Quit getting so mad that even a tranny MMO has more complex combat than your joke of a game

>everyone that calls XV a shit game is just one guy
I feel sorry for you, Barry.

Attached: C8179E62-B986-4944-AA4C-76E18F610D1B.gif (400x224, 1.61M)

Nomura
Tabata
Shit gameplay
Shit quests
Shit story

Only thing that went right were the 4 main characters, and that was a miracle and a fluke too, they are not going to get a decent boyband feeling again.

Can we ever have a thread about FFXV that doesn't revolve around XV-kun or posting borderline porn of gladio/prompto? At least make it fem!gladio or something.
I get it, he's willfully blind to the games flaws and weaknesses. The game isn't the second coming of christ it was hyped up to be. After two different demos, the end result was mechanically so different that they were effectively completely different games. That One Trailer set a tone for the game that (while unappealing to me) doesn't mesh with the free-roaming side-quest ridden pacing that the end result has, despite the plot having the same high stakes from moment 1.

Hi, I'm actually by some (apparent) miracle, BAD at FFXV. Enemies seem to decide to attack and actually attack in the same instant that their attack animation finishes, and so even when I try to just "hold O to win" (or get fancy by pushing a direction in order to change moveset) I find myself knocked on my ass with half my health bar empty, because of long attack animations that I can't dodge or phase out of to cancel.
Is there something I'm missing that will let me enjoy the combat for its ability to go airborn with a spear and rain down blows upon my enemies?

I think I got it. Didn’t find a source, though.
> 1. Final Fantasy VI
> 2. Final Fantasy X
> 3. Final Fantasy VII
> 4. Final Fantasy Tactics
> 5. Final Fantasy IX
> 6. Final Fantasy IV
> 7. Final Fantasy XIVRR
> 8. Final Fantasy Tactics A2
> 9. Final Fantasy VIII
> 10. Final Fantasy V
> 11. Final Fantasy XII
> 12. Final Fantasy Tactics-A
> 13. Final Fantasy
> 14. Final Fantasy X-2
> 15. Final Fantasy XIII-2
> 16. Final Fantasy III
> 17. Final Fantasy XV
> 18. Final Fantasy Type-0
> 19. Final Fantasy II
> 20. Final Fantasy XIII
> 21. Lightning Returns

you press 1 (one) button in 14 the fucking mouse left click which is less buttons than all the action combos and unique actions in XV which are immediate and not fucking cued auto attack you have no control over

KEEP UP WITH THE DAMAGE CONTROL BARRY!

Attached: 1545950446249.jpg (800x776, 68K)

>1 (one) button
UH OH

Attached: barry are you okay.png (1051x168, 143K)

Why do they have to move like a KPOP boy band too?

Because they essentially are one.

Attached: 20AD8621-3CC7-41C9-BCE7-F6620772C2B6.gif (380x214, 1.92M)

Yes he is because those are two different quests and a stronger version of the boss, one is fighting it part of the story then after that you unlock the hunt to rematch a stronger version of it, essentially a rematch fight so you can fight that unique boss freely. next you're gonna say the data battles in kh2 for the org you fight as part of the story aren't copy paste or rematches against stronger versions

They were probably mocapped by one

quit pretending your autobattle hotbar faggot simulator has anything resembling combat

The KH2 data encounters were fun, though.

Who keeps companies and practices like this going?

which probably would have meant something if the XV's combat mechanic and supply of potions and Phoenix downs make the boss being 'stronger' mean nothing.

>XIV is all one button on the left on left mouse click

Meanwhile XV
O is attack
Square is dodge
Triangle is warp
X is jump
D pad switches weapons
L1+dpad does tech commands
R1+triangle does warp strike
L stick directional inputs while pressing O do different attacks from lunges to charges to self launchers
R2 is items menu
L2 is summon
l1+r1+ Dpad is character switch
Each bro has their own combat system too with different mechanics
Armiger unleashed even more so

Your fucking pic is like saying navigating a menu means more buttons when by that logic using XVs menu requires more buttons than XIV too

Attached: 492FA2B6-F482-4085-ACD8-ABB08E07AE40.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Imagine the shame Barry's parents must feel.

Quetzcoatl is better

It’s really not

>implying they haven’t already killed themselves from the shame of bringing into this world

1 button which you have to move to various locations to activate the different effect as well as keybindings on the keyboard itself for other different effects.

Attached: 1520881970057.jpg (640x640, 125K)

And in XIV every skill is bound to a button (or combination of buttons like R1+O or Ctrl+1)
so for the simplest job in the game, that's 34 buttons
get dabbed on Barry

>this reaching
please stop I'm getting second hand embarrassment here

Lads, how do we kill Barry?

Very painfully.

says the kh fag that's been seething for over 6 years

You move on ground and in air in XV

jumping does literally nothing in xiv

>jumping does literally nothing in xiv
lol

Attached: manipulator.jpg (400x262, 23K)

>B-BUT KINGDAM FARTS
says xv-kun thats been seething forever

xiv is literally all hotbars done through 1 button unique actions mapped to different buttons, and all xiv shit does the dame autobattle hotbar cooldown shit

In XV on a controller there is more unique actions and immediate actual actions than XIV has in its entirety

It had one of the most bizarre and convoluted development cycle I've heard of:
>change of hardware generation
>change of director
>related to above, huge changes and rewrites mid-development. They were changing key features of the combat less than a year before the game release! (6 months aprox, correct me if I'm wrong)
>Spread themselves thin with different media trying to hype the game, and worse, using it as a crutch to tell the story. Kingsglaive costed 100 million apparently and only made 10, leaving an event which would have been a great addition.
>rushed as hell because a contract they had with a fashion line.
>Added extra content which, if usually would be great, didn't fix the game problems.

And that's just from the top of my head really. Like ME:Andromeda, is a minor miracle it was actually playable on release.

remove FFXV

>all xiv shit does the dame autobattle hotbar cooldown shit
Not even close Barry, most of the skills are just as diverse as XV skills yet there's more of them and more variety in them
For example you have a tiny handful of buffs in XV while every single job in XIV has multiple buffs to upkeep on themselves or others and working with your team to sync those up is a lot more intricate than strats in XV which all just amount to "dude use armiger lmao"

>Nomura
>In charge of anything ever

Not even a hack like Wada put this autist in such a job.

And yet he still has a job unlike Tabata

>Tabatfags still trying to pass the guy as a saint

Your delusion is off the chart, buddy.

I thought the game was pretty neat.

>DMCfags giving a shit about KH or FFXV
eat a gun

Well handing it off to Tabata wasn't really a good idea, since every game he produced prior was a failure and got dumpstered by fans

so jumping does literally nothing in xiv

seething kh fag

Alright, let me know how your group cleared O4S then.

all xiv is autobattle one button hotbar faggotry

fucking warpstriking alone requires more button inputs than anything in xiv

every tabata game is still better than nomuras outpot in the last 10 years

>implying he even plays games that aren’t XV

Nope sorry, but warp strike and attack are 2 buttons, compared to 34+ for XIV.

alright what does jumping do against omega in xiv? what purpose? none

meanwhile jump in xv against omega lets you easily target its antena thing on top while you do aerial combos in midair while using airsteps to stay airborne

Final Fantasy has always been about mashing attack.

Attached: Saiyan.jpg (412x300, 29K)

Jumping in XIV carries your momentum allowing you to reach your positions for the giant rocket punch. Jumping was also required for mechanics in A4S and other fights, and is used similarly for other mechanics where your momentum matters.
Meanwhile in XV you don't need to jump because you can just warp strike to things in the air.

those are all 1 button in XIV with cooldown and are automated not instant action

meanwhile XV has far more unique and actions from directional inputs to rt weapon switching to different combos, warpstrikes, parries, techs, armiger, armiger unleashed, manual finishers, actual aerial combat, character switching with all having unique combat, dodge rolls, shield blocks, phases, free warps, etc

XIV is just 1 button hotbar shit

>those are all 1 button in XIV
Nope, sorry, they're separate buttons. The 34 figure specifically is red mage which actually has 38 skills, but I counted the skills that share a button (the 4 melee skils + their enchanted variants) as one button each.

>FFXIII
>better
Brother what?
The disappointment that was XIII exceeds even that of diablo 3 on release. I could write an essay on all the stupid fucking design choices that went into that game.

investors and fanbases

It's still better than XV on a technicality, although XIII was definitely the bigger disappointment since everyone expected XV to suck due to Tabata talking about how he'd started development over from scratch and made the combat easy for old people who can't play videogames.

jump in xiv does nothing and serves no mechanical purpose, it was just added just because, it is not required or needed in any fight and any fight that lets you do stuff was added AFTER they added jumping which wasn't even fucking in the game to begin with
Meanwhile Jumping lets you cancel through actions in XV and when unable to warp is used for platforming and traversal in addition to field movement which makes multiple locations only reachable by jumping up to it, in addition jump has no cost while warp does so if out of MP jump is always there to give you instant vertical access to let you do aerial attacks

>jump in xiv does nothing and serves no mechanical purpose
Go ahead and tell me how to clear A4S synced without jumping then, I'm waiting.

Why do you like FFXV so much Barry?
There are far better games to defend.

No they're all done with 1 button, by your logic using any items in XV which is far more than 34 is more buttons than XIV

>No they're all done with 1 button
Nope, they're not.

Only KH fags defend FF13

No it fucking isnt, 13 is worse on every aspect

He's not a saint, I said he cuts corners and chops up plans to make it on time. He gets it done, even if it's not good.

No, other way around. You're one of the few on this board that can still enjoy vidya

it was just added just because, it is not required or needed in any fight and any fight that lets you do stuff was added AFTER they added jumping which wasn't even fucking in the game to begin with
XIV was not designed with jumping in mind

Yes they are

see

Hey Barry, what are your speculations about Final Fantasy XVI? Think it'll be better than XV? Where do you see the series going in the future?
Personally I think XVI will be another MMO.

Nope, wrong. You can't bind actions to the same hotbar slot and you can't execute actions without binding them to a hotbar.

DMC5 shits all over KH3

Attached: 1552396367630.webm (900x506, 2.89M)

>3rd world shitskin
he just like shit, typical

XIV isn't WoW, you'd be playing suboptimally if you just binded all skills to 1 button.

>uses 100K red orbs
I got to respect him for being able to get so many and then drop them like mad crazy there. That would take serious skills to get that many spare orbs.

surprisingly accurate

>literally hold button to awesome
>85 metascore
>while games that actually make effort into making good battle systems get ignored into oblivion
fuck humanity

See I want XVI to be completely a new thing we've never seen before, as in not turning agni into XVI, something that at the reveal is the first time we see it. ARPG or ATB or TB whichever the director wants but it needs world map/overworld, take the good from XV like a dynamic party with lots of interaction and events, both in and out of battle, have it be just one game, setting something similar to VI or the other 2D FFs but realized in XV like graphics and scale, a good main villain like Ardyn. Yoshida pretty much said XVI/next main FF wont be a MMO because they have XIV going still

I will never defend FFXIII in my life so I'm okay with that. Did you misread my comment or something?

You still haven't explained how to beat A4S without jumping.

false
XV requires multiple different button inputs to awesome

holding literally has you eat dirt

Attached: xvmyst1.webm (854x480, 2.95M)

See

It is required though, since there's content in the game you can't do without jumping.

This and the fact that they tried to pull in horny teen girls that want a husbando to look at while playing a game with a 5/10 story and 2/10 combat.

>Yoshida pretty much said XVI/next main FF wont be a MMO because they have XIV going still
Oh he did? News to me. I heard that he said he wasn't going to be involved in the game. Which left me wondering who they'd get with most of the old guys gone off to do non-FF stuff. Who do you think Square will tap?

Gameplay is still brandead.

Are you illiterate? added AFTER the fact AFTER jumping was added to the game meaning XIV was not created with jumping in mind, and one shitty boss using jumping does not make it necessary mechanic

There is multiple camp spots you can't reach without jumping, let alone pitioss
also you can't even do anything in the air in xiv while in XV you can attack, dodge, airstep, warp etc in midair.

Shinryu Ballad literally takes platforms away and requires you to jump to reach platforms to perform certain mechanics.
There's an entire side content called Kugane Tower and it's eventual Gold Saucer adaptation that requires platforming.
They've even stated in Live Letters that there'll be more content in Shadowbringers that requires jumping.

As an aside, Seiryu EX even requires swimming

this is more forced than your kh3 bait webms barry

Why the hell are you comparing an mmo with a failed action rpg game?

XIV 1.0 is irrelevant though, ARR was remade from scratch with jumping in mind.

I'm 85% sure BD5/ Yoshidas division is doing XVI but its not an MMO, people from ARR/HW were missing in the SB credits but havnt left SE leaving people to assume they're on a new game in BD5, which we know they are making a new game and also BD5 has been mass hiring the last 2 years.

If agni ever becomes a game I think it'll be a new IP or a FF spinoff by luminous productions, but whatever their new game is is confirmed to be a new AAA IP so they aren't doing XVI
BD1 is doing 7R so doubtful they have anyone to do XVI, and BD3 is doing KH shit and other low budget stuff like Left Alive

nah

It's more complete, but just let me type out some retarded designs
Towns and NPCs nonexistent
Combat is press x and sometimes change paradigms
Level progression is a straight line
The story??? even with 8 hours of cutscenes they never managed to make me care enough to even understand the story, wich honestly is a clusterfuck.
Placement in combat is important, but completely out of your control(how do you even think of making this a thing?)
Linear corridors with unavoidable enemies.
70% of the game is tutorial
They only bothered to make 1 good character(Sazh)

FFXIII never had any actual potential, but XV did. XV falls short of being a great game while XIII never had a chance. Everything in XV could be great with some more time and better direction, but pretty much every aspect falls short...

added AFTER the fact and those dont require shit other than your hotbar mmo shit

so perfect game for brainlet like you

im not the one bringing up a failed mmo in a thread about a god tier ARPG

nope

nah

>They were changing key features of the combat less than a year before the game release!
I remember when I saw an early demo and it looked like it was going to be Kingdom Hearts, but far more linear and without Disney. I would have actually been happy with that.

Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak literally requires you to jump to progress.

There is no "nope"ing this

>0.1 TB

Attached: 1950.jpg (994x498, 115K)

it's better than kh

Attached: 1490116467408.webm (960x1080, 2.97M)

>120 posts
All in the same thread or in different threads? Either way that's fucking nuts, this man must have very severe autism.

>XV
>god tier
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>after the fact
>not necessary for the whole game or even intended mechanic
>just added as gimmick because they added jump in as a gimmick

>Can't do anything in the air

yes it is
cope

Could have been, is not

ARR is an entirely different game
Toto-Rak is part of 2.0, part of release
Jumping is required to get through it, making it an intended mechanic.

Oh, so you just don't like KH in general. Here I thought you were a KH fan who, like many others, was rightly upset that KH3 dropped the ball in many ways.
So you aren't a KH fan, which is fair. It is an odd series to like, with a lot of flaws, but why are you so mad then? A game you didn't expect to be good turned out to not be good. Where's the basis for anger and argument?

it is.

Attached: xvarmiger2.webm (700x404, 2.86M)

Same thread
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/453464631/#453464631

Attached: 25B96B6D-AF68-4A37-A038-9AA00ED82026.jpg (1000x666, 426K)

it isn't required for the whole game and it serves no purpose

That's cool and all, but if the gameplay is going to get that wild, then it should probably let me swap weapons mid ground combo or while walking around the map without stopping and doing a weird "weapon summon" animation.
I like the game, and everything in it right down to the combat animation is beautiful, but neither of those examples are terribly indicative of what "normal play" looks like.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no it’s not.

kh fanboys are the ones desperately shitposting and samefagging against XV, and they constantly hide behind other games when called out or desperate to deflect

no its not. KH will forever have a shit story. But the gameplay is miles better than FFXV

>samefagging in a thread so hard you make up 1/5th of the total post count before threads start to autosage

Holy mother of autism. And over such a fucking shitty game I wouldn't even wipe my ass with.

I was surprised people didn't get livid about that shit, it was a blatant advertisement in the game, with complete dialogue and all. I still remember that big retard holding the processed trash in his hands.

>desperately shitposting
no one cares that much. Stop defending your shit game already

you can swap mid combo
You can swap mid attack without needing to stop
Only when you're running would you need to move your thumb to dpad quickly to switch which will stop you briefly
if already attacking you can use dpad freely without needing thumb over lstick entire time

I think it was just so fucking baffling that everyone who did the quest was so bewildered about what they had witnessed that they forgot instantly when the quest concluded.

yes it is

no it isn't.

xv lets you string between basic attack to dodge cancel to magic cast faster than kh3 does

Attached: kh3ffxv5.webm (640x720, 2.92M)

they do and have been going all out ever since nomura was kicked off the game

If you really think so, that's great and I'm happy for you. But I only see it as a giant bundle of wasted potential

Yeah, no. The combat is complete dogshit and a good study on how to not design an ARPG.

It is required for the whole game, in order to traverse a lot of areas. It's purpose is to add complexity.

It's ok to not like it though, you can do that

It's required in content through the game and you have full action in the air.

It isn't.

Well, he is a XV fan. Complexity is anathema to XV's core design.

>god tier arpg
>when the souls series exist.
>when dragon's dogma exist.
You have pretty low standards m8.

I mean that should've been obvious, he likes XV after all.

no it's great and you're just a faggot

no it isn't

>Lost Soul Aside looks like it's doing everything FFXV tried. But doing it right this time.
The original gameplay demo reel/video-thing was assembled by one chinese guy.

You sound upset Barry.

And those are good too

says the kh fag

lsa looks like a completely different genre, not doing what xv tried

xv is party based arpg in an open world, lsa is a zone based hacknslash with 1 chara that the creator said mechanically is inspired by ninja gaiden and only visually inspired by xv

>I-Its better cause faster attacks
Ok barry. Have fun shitposting. Maybe kys someday.

Why are you hiding behind KH? Does your favorite game not stand up on it's own without having to randomly attack some other game no one was talking about?

it's better because it's better with more direct control
you don't even have directional inputs in kh

>>Because so many have left the company like Sakaguchi and Matsuno, it leaves Nomura as the defacto senior exec so he gets tasked to make big choices and projects
this is where you fucked up.

oh look more kh fag damage control because he can't deal with xv being great

Attached: 1531313730076.webm (700x404, 2.98M)

Not him but
>XV
>great
Pick one

Right now, you're the only one talking about KH. It's kind of sad how obsessed you seem to be with it.

>And those are good too
They're not just good, they are miles better than XV

yeah xv is great

says the deflector who has all your shitposts against xv predicated on you trying to prop up kh

they're all good
only kh is trash

it is

I've literally haven't played Final Fantasy since FFX-2. I have no informed opinion on 15. I'm just calling you out when I see bullshit.

>says the deflector who has all your shitposts against xv predicated on you trying to prop up kh

Oh the irony. How can you be so unaware of yourself?

is this game worth playing, I love KHS action rpg combat system

No. The gameplay is most the shallow and mindless garbage I've interacted with in a long time and the story is gutted to make way for an anime series, movie and paid post launch DLCs. The only good thing about the entire game is some of the music.

>FFXV is massive loss for Square
>game was not recieved well at all
>DLCs and overall story expansion are cancelled
And yet FFXV-kun still at it.
Sasuga.

>massive loss
>game not received very well

Didn't the game make back what it had cost within the first week release and also review pretty well and is generally well liked by the public? Don't get me wrong, I think the game is trash but the general public does not agree with us, at least they didn't on launch.

Please note, not XV-Kun, not a fan of the game.

But XV was a success financially, it did great for the company. It didn't do amazing numbers, but it was a profit.

ah that's a great shame

It really is.

people seem to forget that ALMOST every single main installment can be beat with just spamming the attack command and healing every so often. this game just took it to a new level.

I guess I misremembered things then, I hardly followed much just this thread give me giggles.
Then why they cancelled everything DLC related tho? If it was successful?
>generally well liked by the public
nah, I failed to see any positive mention period when game was still discussed to some point. Aside of usual deluded subjects.
Even that movie faggot shit on it

How do people know his name and where he lives? Shitposters and tripfags seem to always somehow leak their personal info whenever I'm not around.

>Then why they cancelled everything DLC related tho? If it was successful?
Because they're moving on after Tabata dropped everything and left.

So key person leaving mess he made and didn't even finished is a success? Okay then.

Probably more behind the scenes drama.
People liked the game enough. It just had a lot of flaws at launch. Some things were fixed but the damage was already done.

Financially it was, creatively it wasn't.

>It's basically Hamlet with a very bad narrative, plotholes and K-Pop Band as protagonists

/Thread

Attached: 1552389769413.png (358x505, 438K)

>Financially it was
that blows then
this shit shouldn't be rewarded

This plays different to EVERY batman Arkam game in what way?

Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Counter-Beat Joker-THE END.

It even auto aims for you.

Quit ban evading barry
KHbros and DMChads are friends, and literally everyone is laughing at you

Attached: XV-kun falseflagging.jpg (1024x1016, 171K)

I just wanted FFXV to be an amazing ARPG like from the old trailers. It really does hurt. Final fantasy's time is simply over for quality games

Attached: 1518128776769.jpg (1080x1080, 182K)

Only thing keeping me from getting this on PC is the combat. Never played it but besides the story, it's the only real complaint I hear about it. Maybe if its below $20 one day.

Attached: 52062.jpg (500x283, 41K)

What ever happened to that tough guy that frequents these shitpost threads who apparently had a contact with Australian police and was going to get Barry charged with CP and doxing?

Attached: mjlaugh.gif (220x220, 1.26M)

The endless arguments in this thread are just fucking insane, are you people even listening to yourself? Who SERIOUSLY gives a fuck about what some anonymous faggot that you'll never meet somewhere out there in the world is playing? That's like being constantly mad because you know somehwere out there someone is having fun playing Kingdom Hearts. And yeah, I personally think its the gayest franchise out there, I fucking hated it, but I don't give a fuck. Jesus christ Yea Forums is unbearable these days.
What the fuck is wrong with you people? Seriously, just look at this thread.

Attached: ke.jpg (512x390, 48K)