Capcom's redemption arc doesn't end until they make Breath of Fire VII

Capcom's redemption arc doesn't end until they make Breath of Fire VII

Attached: Ryu&NinaCompleteWorks.png (1315x912, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MEauh00WzgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*jojo's bizarre adventure: heritage for the future remake*

And a new Darkstalkers and Street Fighter VI.

Megaman Starforce successor

>Implying there was ever a BoF VI

they skipped 5 and 6 tho

This. I'll never forgive Capcom after the way they revived BoF only to whore it out until there was nothing left.

Dragon Quarters was great, fuck the hate.

Obligatory reminder that Ninas 3 and 4 are whores, Nina 5 is not for lewd, and Nina 2 is your distant cousin (lewding her is fine).

If they did it won't be like the older ones, it'll probably be 3d like the ps2 game and won't be turn based

There was a 6?
There was a 5?!?!.!?!!!

>you can kill your own party in 4 as a superboss

That will never be topped.

Based. The gameplay and soundtrack were enough to make me love Dragon Quarter.

5 was Dragon Quarter. We don't talk about 6.

everyone knows Nina 3 wanted dragon cock but Nina IV was an exemplary lady.

How a Breath of Fire IOS game?

Just remake the best BoF game (III) and I'll be satisfied.

>I-IV sales improve each game
>Dragon Quarter tanks sales
>Mobile game nobody liked
>Series killed
What did Capcom mean by this?

>tfw wanted to make an RPG where that was the big secret.
still gonna do it.....

The only BoF game worth a damn is Breath of Fire II.

Attached: 73311987_p0.png (963x1210, 666K)

>exemplary lady
Yeah, as I recall she made a point of telling you she wanted Cray’s big barbed kitty kock.
And don’t give me that “it was a translation error” business, YOU KNOW that slut had cat scratch fever.

>Dragon Quarters was great, fuck the hate.
I honestly hated the game when I first tried it. gave up.

After some time I said fuck it, will try to beat it. Beat solo Ryu. One of the best PS2 games, ever!

Katt was the canon love interest of 2. Rei is the descendant of Ryu2, hence his shape changing abilities (werecat form) and his connection to the other two dragons (dragons gravitate towards one another). Can’t convince me otherwise.

A good Dead Rising is more important

wrong.

Attached: still waiting.jpg (3236x1371, 331K)

I'd settle for updating the translation of the first two games.

Sounds credible enough.

Attached: tumblr_ojc4ol5hYw1w0vvovo1_640.jpg (559x833, 90K)

It's kind of a rare thing but it isn't something that hasn't been done before. Happens in Tales of Xillia 2, Eternal Sonata and Soul Nomad

>Breath of Fire 7
>Megaman Legends 3
>new Darkstalkers
>another Alien vs Predator beat 'em up
>Rival Schools 2
>God Hand 2

Necro, Oro and Twelve for SFV pls

Nah, not til they make Lost Planet 3. And an HD Remaster of LP2 before they make 3.

Attached: FD367CC0-13C7-4F50-9127-9543A4E0AE74.png (396x335, 146K)

And a Powerstone

Even a Switch port would've complimented the sideways Joycon bullshit well but Capcom went with SFII again for whatever reason

you forgot dragon's dogma, dino crisis and haunting ground

I would like to see Capcom go full Metroidvania with a Mega Man game. Zero and ZX almost did it, but not remotely enough.

SF5 is more or less dead and Capcom needs an e-sports title they can bring to multiple consoles. Now’s the perfect time to resurrect Rival Schools.

> Open world like Dragon Quest XI
> Cell Shaded 3D Graphics like BOTW
> Game allows the players to choose between Nina or Ryu as the playable Protagonist from the start
> Chrono Trigger combat system
> More complex storyline, on the lines of BoF3 or Xenogears
> Multiple endings, adding to replay value
Find a flaw

Based
Based (Only if Roll is Protagonist)
Based
Shit
Shit
Meme garbage

I always imagined a metroidvania of dr Wilys lair.

Capcom caring to make it, for starters.

>not liking the AvP beat 'em up
I'm gonna stab you, you piece of shit.

Attached: 1552542708582.png (624x480, 369K)

I love Breath of fire, but look at what happened with 6. man, I almost don't want them TOUCHING that shit again.

Dragons quarter should have been its own series, NOT BOF.
It just feels disjointed and unrelated to the other games.

When the fuck will they give us another Katt love interest for Ryu in a game? They have a nina in every game.

Fuck's just ripe for a Ryoko/Ayeka dynamic in the game where you get to pick which one Ryu gets with.

Attached: breath.of.fire.kattt.jpg (675x1200, 77K)

>it just feels disjointed and unrelated to the other games.
I always assumed Dragon Quarter took place after 3 since Myria stopped holding back the desert from spreading.

> Open world
No.

> Cell Shaded 3D Graphics like BOTW
Not like BOTW, for sure.

> Game allows the players to choose between Nina or Ryu as the playable Protagonist from the start
Nina was never a main protagonist.

> Chrono Trigger combat system
Chrono Trigger is subpar.

> More complex storyline, on the lines of BoF3 or Xenogears
>BoF3
Story is incoherent and inconsistent.
>Xenogears
Story is pretentious garbage.

yeah but the dragons in quarter are some sort of bioweapons, not the dragon tribe; plus its implied the cause of whatever fucked up the world was related to them, not just a desert.

Maybe some day...

Attached: BoFVII.png (320x240, 41K)

> Chrono Trigger is subpar
Opinion invalidated

The annoying thing is they have the PERFECT way to hook the plot together for another sequel. Yuna never got dealt with and he was musing about making more endless.

Make 6 either a game that acts as a prequel with him making Myria, or have it be a sequel where he's still around after myria's death and just causing more shit. (since I know people sometimes subscribe to the theory that myria Elina with cray having failed to kill her properly)

Redpill me on six, I've never played it (and never will)
who were the characters and what was the plot? Or was it just the character you made?

Main character is a custom character who is "related" to a Ryu but not a Ryu himself. Beside Nina the rest of the cast is random fantasy race OCs with none of them being any of the various races of the previous five game. The only race that appears I believe is a manillo who is a shop keeper npc.

Nah Ryi should be a sole protagonist. Gimme the choice between Nina or katt for the love interest

any actual plot?

>When the fuck will they give us another Katt love interest for Ryu in a game
First they should repay their fans by making a decent Breath of Fire II for once with fanservice and actual choices that matter.

>They have a nina in every game.
Director who led developement after 2 is a hack with blonde oligophrenic damsel fetish. He literally removed any possible Ryu's female soulmate choices in the future games (Momo isn't, Ursula isn't, Lin maybe - but Nina is a centerpiece of Dragon Quarter's story - again, shows how much biased he actually is). He even made a Megaman RPG game with a similar character. Had BoF series ended with 2, nobody would have said that Nina is anything but a secondary protagonist/party member.

>

Attached: thats.what.i.said.jpg (480x360, 23K)

actually this.

>Started playing bof3 and 4 recently
"i wonder how the series is doing now"
>bof is now a mobile series

Attached: massacred.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

Not into girls who look more ripped than most guys, sorry.

Attached: alien.vs.predatorrr.png (298x295, 136K)

C'mon, it was the best for its time, but not now.

>>Chrono Trigger combat system
Why? Every Breath of Fire game had a better combat than Chrono Trigger.

Not really. There's dialogue sequences but they seem more there just to create goofy interactions.

The game bombed hard, in Japan it was taken off the app store after a year or so which is pathetic for any mobile game.

Yeah, I know
>shill
But this video covers it well enough, the game really isn't worth taking any real time to research

youtube.com/watch?v=MEauh00WzgY

They have to realize that fans overwhelmingly preferred katt as a love interest in 2 though; They had Lin in dragon quarter which seems like an attempt to have "another" katt (Since her name in the japanese version was Lin pu).

If we get another I would hope they'd give us another.

Rate Ryus and Ninas:

Ryu: 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 1
Nina: 2 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 1 >>>>>> 6

Attached: Nina 6.png (629x713, 648K)

Ryu 6 for refrence

Attached: Ryu 6.png (662x900, 688K)

Power Stone, please.

Just make another legends game like 1 was. It was very metroidvania-ish, and I think they could do it well if they put some effort into it. Try and make the ruins seem scary again too with atmospheric music like the water one.

Even that doesn't exist anymore. Closed operations in little more than a year.

Did they hire a completely new art director for this game? I mean, I can accept it but it looks radically different from before.
>Rate Ryus and Ninas:
We talking personality/who they are or how they look? because the rankings will fluctuate wildly on what they did/how they acted and how they look. I think 2 looks like one of the worst designs, but I like how he acts the most.

>Can't find BoF artbook due to out of print and most online stores sell it for 400+$

Attached: 1445084612231.jpg (254x255, 46K)

I always loved 1 for looking batshit, but still being sensible. Fucker looked like he could eat your face off, but just wanted to live in peace with his sister and fish all day. The feral look made him seem less out of place with the other cast members. Nina being the exception, but she's "moe" and a princess, so you can at least see where they were going with her design, even if it is too cute and "human" for a world of animal people. GOD I FUCKING HATE WEBP

Attached: bof1 ryu.png (774x955, 830K)

There's no romance and barely any relevant character interactions in Dragon Quarter - it's a linear game - so having having another "Katt" doesn't really matter.

They attempted something in 2 with choices, like fighting for Katt and replying to NPCs as to whom you prefer, but the "choices" eventually lead to nowhere.

They really should work on 2's strengths as a game as for the future.

That hair bothers me so intensely. The way it's drawn makes it look like only the left half of his hair is going into the braid, which means only one side of his head has long hair and the other half is ccut completely uneven with 3 long pieces to make another, smaller braid with.

Tatsuya Yoshikawa was the "Good" BoF artist. I dunno who did BoF6's art but it was obviously more generic anime

Attached: bof 2.jpg (1280x1619, 966K)

Ryu: IV > III > I > V > II > VI
Ryu I looks cool thanks to the cape, that alone puts him above V and II to me. Ryu II looks dull as fuck sadly, only VI looks worse.

Nina: II > III = IV > V > I > VI
II is the obvious best but both III and IV are pretty cute. Nina V is sort of weird, she fulfills a different role I feel, though if I said DQ didn't convince to protect her with my life I would be lying. Nina I is still cute thanks to the leotard, just not on the level of the others. Nina VI is...well, shit.

Attached: f70711f7a97f499139d003a1889d93ac.jpg (600x561, 131K)

seriously where's the posters for these

Attached: bof3.jpg (2012x2844, 649K)

Attached: bof 5.jpg (947x1280, 807K)

Nina: 2>4>3>1>5
Ryu: 3>4>2>1>5
>They really should work on 2's strengths as a game as for the future.
So basically questions about who you like as a love interest, the "choose between nina and katt" that keeps being parrotted.

One of my favorite game artists, guy is brilliant.

Pic related is a candidate for my favorite piece of game art, I love everything about it and it captures why I love BoFIV perfrctly.

Attached: 6c10d0e9fc12fef612d203972631e98d.jpg (635x800, 190K)

Gay

>akiman
Artist is Tatsuya Yoshikaya, not Akiman.

Attached: 971e532643be1057badb927e0903344c.jpg (650x800, 149K)

BoF5 has really good art but NA really had to do the "let's just put the in-game models on the box" thing for some reason. Though I guess it's not lying to you in how Ryu 5 looks like a sickly fuccboi.

Attached: bof5 jp cover.jpg (500x712, 241K)

never played this series but I love akiman and I love that grin

Attached: figured I should specify which grin.jpg (192x613, 69K)

close enough, all those capcom guys draw alike.

Attached: bof5-cover-us.jpg (640x902, 84K)

>all those capcom guys draw alike.
Yeah. They all draw good.

>Not into girls who look more ripped than most guys
How could one man be THIS much of an absolute faggot?

Attached: 65836431_p0.jpg (1500x1843, 1.48M)

>Sickly fuccboi
well, he kind of is; the "dragon" in 5 isn't him being able to turn into one per say so much as having a parasitic monster living inside of him that's slowly devouring his life force until it will burst out from within like some sort of chestburster.

I hope they go back to 3's Dragon system if they make a six. It was, BY FAR the best one.
4 pissed me off how it ditched the gene system for a horribly watered down system where you only really turn into a dragon for what are essentially summon attacks.
3, you want to turn into a dragon? There you fucking go, you take up the ENTIRE GODDAMNED HALF of your screen and you're so big your team mates had to jet to give you room.

Sexy art, terrible game. Disjointed lore.

Attached: 1457394747423.png (624x900, 648K)

could easily justify that by tying it in to 4. Have an interquel between dragon quarter and the other games take place, with Yuna making dragon bioweapons either based on the endless or with the dragon tribe, and that why the dragons in dragons quarter are different. He turned a girl into a giant squid monster after all, he could easily make monster dragons too.
Might even give us some fleshing out of that chertyre character by having you fight and defeat her in the game so we have a better idea of why we should think she's so evil and her getting to the surface would be bad.

Assuming we'll ever get another mainline Breath of Fire game, how cheeky wouldn't it be to call it Breath of Fire 6.

>never played this series
Then do so. Try 2 or 4, and if you liked those try 3 then 1. And if you liked those give Dragon Quarter a spin too.

I hope they stop meddling with porting things over to the US in general. Like taking out the scene of ursula just dropping her pants when the sailors try and use that as a reason for her not getting on the boat.

>2 and 4 before 3
Why? 3 seems like the best in the series and has the strongest plot. I mean, I guess it has alot of ties to past games, but its not required to understand the game.

>has the strongest plot
lmao

Always wanted to try the series. Which should I play first for a good impression.
I'd like one with good romance (since the main girl seems cute) and a good battle system

200% cheeky.

2 because 2 is great and moving from 2 to 3 gives you a nice since of evolution as you go into 3.
But 4 because it is also great and unlike all the others it has an official Windows port.
And not 1 because even though it can be cool its dated design often puts people off from the franchise in my experience.

the villain is by far the most sympathetic in the series, and makes no attempts to kill the heroes at any time in the series until they literally come banging on her door and demanding she answer their questions or they'll resort to violence.
You have a long and winding underlying story about the grey areas of the world and how one side is rarely fully "right", with the dragon elder even admitting that they MIGHT be the wrong ones and myria might be right, and they show how one sides genocidal monsters can be seen as heroes by the other side.
additionally, they do and absolutely insanely good job of foreshadowing by having the very first boss you kill in the game be a literal metaphor for Myria-- its a monster just trying to care for its children, and it wasn't trying to be evil, just like myria was trying to care for all of those she viewed as her children.
I don't understand what you think is bad about the plot.

2 and 4 both have better plots, that's all there's to it

I love 2 and all, but its plot and villains are very one dimensional and bare bones.
"A demon wants to kill the world and his minions are working towards that!
Why does he want to do that? Because he's evil!"
There are enjoyable characters (like Ryu's dad being incredibly tolerant of other religions) and its fair for the SNES day, but its not as good as whats to come after.

And I would like to hear your reasoning for 4 being better than 3. Not saying its bad, but I don't think its superior.

Bet you faggots hated Dragon Quarter.

Myria is one dimensional villain and bare bones.
"A Goddess who wants to control the world by brainwashing people and you have to break the chains of that."
Have heard that somewhere.

>Why does he want to do that? Because he's evil!
He's Myria spawn after all. Can't help if he actually keeps subtlely fucking the world up and motivating the party.

>but its not as good as whats to come after.
BoF2 re-translation blows 3 out of the water.

>And I would like to hear your reasoning for 4 being better than 3.
It has a villain you actually want to kill.

why would you want to replace the amazing sprites

Attached: GTFOAWAY.gif (226x258, 41K)

>Not into girls who look more ripped than most guys, sorry.

Attached: madanf.jpg (255x255, 15K)

>Shit
>Shit
>Meme garbage

Attached: Thatst it, im geting me mallet.jpg (370x381, 19K)

>moving from 2 to 3 gives you a nice since of evolution as you go into 3.
De-evolution you mean.
3 is linear garbage in comparison to 2. Characters are worse. Music is worse. Story is worse. Pacing is worse.

But western baby's s first BoF game, I guess.

As someone who loved 3, should I play 4?

my nigga

never played bof. is it your typical jrpg?
which is the best in series if i would try it

Dragon Quarter is great but it's a massive brainlet filter hence the majority being mad over it