F-Zero

nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/miyamoto_puzzled_as_to_why_anyone_would_want_a_new_f_zero

>Thank you very much and try to wait by playing Nintendo Land’s F-Zero mini-game. I am also very curious and I’d like to ask those people: Why F-Zero? What do you want that we haven’t done before?
Since Nintendo is completely clueless with this IP, what feature would you add to a new F-Zero game that could make it interesting? I have two:

>Focus meter, which could lean towards either Fear, or Fury. Both sides of this meter can fuck up your handling/vision, but they're triggered by different events
>Seeing a wrecked car on the road moves the meter towards Fear
>Seeing your rivals or seeing a large group of cars pull ahead of you moves the meter towards Fury

>Contracts
>Before a grand prix you can hire either mercenaries to scope out the track and try to fuck up your rivals or galactic feds to offer you protection.
>win coins by beating grand prix to buy heavier duty mercs/feds.

And before you call me an autist, fuck you, this is my favorite racing series and I just want a new game.

tl:dr How do we make F-zero "fresh"?

Attached: 900x.jpg (900x376, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tkIzv6kXd4k
youtube.com/watch?v=hkmK0W3OLq4
youtube.com/watch?v=vVMs0ZBiF-U
youtu.be/Pm1HD70k4pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tznFcq8WIvk
youtube.com/watch?v=XubKKcqo58k
gaminggamma.com/2018/08/13/toshihiro-nagoshi-confirms-that-f-zero-gx-sold-1-5-million-copies-world-wide/
youtube.com/watch?v=eoCWvETKEvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What do you want that we haven’t done before?
>makes a new Mario game with a simple stupid added gimmick

Well, besides the racing part of the game, I think a goid way to sell it to normalfags would be to have a second game in it, a 2D beat-em-up as Captain Falcon.
It could be part of the storymode or something. Many would buy it for the FALCON PUNCH memes.

This really does sum up pretty much everything about Nintendo's game development. It's a shame all their shit sells regardless of quality, because they really are so out-of-touch with anything that people might want.

>Pffft. Why would anyone want games for their game machine?

Does Nintendo have a beat'em up franchise? This could honestly work great since we never once get to play Captain Falcon's bounty hunter side of his life.

the only thing f-zero fans want is gx with a better ost and online play
like you can play it right now in 4k or even VR but its lacking online as an obvious feature

GX HD. That's it! Just port it over, give it Online, maybe a track editor and we'll be set!

>"What do you want that we haven’t done before?"
>*ports a bunch of wii u games to the switch at full price*
what did nintendo mean by this?

I agree, online play would be nice, but remember it would be on Nintendo's servers.

A new game is never gonna happen huh

Attached: Sad Pup.jpg (683x683, 48K)

>willing to ruin his favorite game series by showering it in gimmicks, all just to get a new game for it

Its not worth it dude. Let fans remember the good games in the franchise as they were then, instead of tainting those memories with a new abomination that ruins the franchise forever.

i'd love an f-zero that's a cross between racing lagoon and a character action game starring captain falcon, personally.

Track Editor is a big plus.

An HD port wouldn't be enough for nintendo. They'd have to add something "unique". I can't distinctly remember any HD port that was just a port and didn't have 1 new feature.

Get rid of the racing. Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter who happens to race. We’ve been playing a game about his side gig this whole time.

Nintendo doesn’t have any good third person around games and Captain Falcon is the perfect excuse for high octane fast action. You can keep the cars too, but use them for chase scenes in futuristic cities and planets.

Tracks from X and a Vehicle customizer (color/stickers) for online and single player

I'm definitely not saying make a Mario Kart: F-Zero edition. I just think the world that they have in this series is untapped potential and could play to some cool interesting features. Why not add factions to the race? Makes perfect sense.

Yep. This is all i want. Just am hd gx. I don't want a new F zero because it would never be as good as gx

I want a character action beat-'em-up crossed with highway battles like Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
Imagine, you're hunting a bounty and you find the perp, he jumps in his machine and speeds off, then suddenly COME ON!! BLUE FALCON and you're chasing him across the planet. If you're not fast enough, he gets to his hideout and gets time to prepare while you battle his thugs, but if you're a skilled racer you can stay right on his tail and pressure him into making mistakes, taking turns wide and crashing into obstacles, eventually forcing him to bail out and allowing you the upper hand in the duel.
Racing would still be an aspect, too. Between bounties you could also enter races, using the money you've earned from bounties and trophies to upgrade your machine and equipment, and possibly even impress other racers to come and race or even fight alongside you.

>I am also very curious and I’d like to ask those people: Why F-Zero? What do you want that we haven’t done before?
fuck
you
old
gook

Attached: new_super_mario_bros__series_logos__updated__by_mazecube24_dcmumxl-350t.jpg (466x350, 43K)

Twilight Princess HD. The only new features I can recall were the map on the Gamepad and a quick transform button, but those are more QoL changes and Nintendo had to have the Gamepad do something.

He was only involved with DS and Wii.

Koizumi help

Attached: 1494396000_536767_1532093435_sumario_normal.jpg (600x338, 18K)

We have a winner. I would play the fuck out of this.

And it doesn't have to be just C.Falcon. Give me the option to be Samurai Goroh, or Pico. Also special missions?

>Get a special bounty on a strange alien life form
>It's a metroid
>Have to race against Samus and her ship to get the metroid first

It had the Wolf Link gauntlet thing that gave your Wolf Link more hearts in BotW.

I think just a racing game, like GX, but with bonuses like online, track editor, etc. would be good.
But there should definitely be both Samus and Fox DLC.

>you wan nu gamu
>y?
Is there any fandom more cucked than press F:Zero Sequels?

HD, NETPLAY, TRACK EDITOR, AND DEATH RACE
THAT'S ALL WE NEED NINTENDO, PLEASE

Attached: 1543788701752.gif (498x278, 675K)

Holy fuck, just port GX to the fucking Switch, slap on Multiplayer, and call it GX Ultimate or some shit, that's all I fucking want.
Christ, I'll even just take a straight port of it, no MP.

GX and give it a battle royal Death race mode

>"They want a new game? Tell them to eat shit and keep buying Mario."
>"Trust me."

Attached: 1488127894011.jpg (545x576, 50K)

2 Joycons, so use one for the steering and the other for gas/clutch/etc.

>there will never be another F-Zero
>there will never be another Wipeout
But at least one of them is playable in full HD...

Attached: WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20180312022801.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

I can't wait until this decrepit old faggot dies then maybe Koizumi can do something about it

Attached: 8455796597486.png (1092x373, 835K)

hey

Attached: shiggy.jpg (1000x573, 45K)

>track kills you if you are not fast
>can't hang back
>have to either destroy or slow down opponents
Very good game

What this and other anons have said
Port over the N64 tracks and make the arcade-only bonuses available for extra credit

The only tricky part is that the gc controller had analog shoulder buttons instead of binary; they were extremely sensitive and could detect slight changes in pressure which was a core element of drifting. There’s a gc adapter already, and switch controllers could substitute that with motion controls. This button issue and their horrid online are the only real hurdles I can think of. That and to get a functional track editor they might have to make the game from the ground up which would change the feel of everything.

So elimination mode in other racing games but without a standard knockout timer

>hop in blue falcon
>speed away
>look in mirror

Attached: 1543903099228.jpg (700x840, 448K)

All they had to do was just give the series one new release per console and have each installment improve on the last. If Miyamoto wants a racing game he can pour innovation into, Mario Kart is RIGHT FUCKING THERE JESUS CHRIST.

>why would you want a new game for a series that hasn’t had a new game in over a decade?
>remakes New Super Mario Bros for the 12th time
>pumps out another Mario Kart full of dumb characters and DLC

Sometimes Nintendo is retarded

I want an F Zero game with the most tracks and cars ever. With tight controls. It's that simple. Bonus points for a story create your own F Zero machine.

Thread Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=tkIzv6kXd4k

Honorable Mentions
youtube.com/watch?v=hkmK0W3OLq4

youtube.com/watch?v=vVMs0ZBiF-U

Attached: fzerox.jpg (1191x670, 215K)

F-Zero?
More like press F for this zero

Attached: IMG_2426.png (1764x2779, 515K)

No see you cant reason with the man, his autism is on another level that few can comprehend

He is forever wallowing in self-hate, wishing he was the one who made Minecraft, Pac-Man, Tamagotchis, and so on.

So he tries to throw shit at the wall and be waaaacky and conventional hoping he can strike big

This only got worse when Yamauchi left the company and couldnt keep him on a leash.

>game sells
>Out of touch
>Game doesn't sell
>stop making game
>out of touch

fucking fans

I know the interview's old, but shit like this is the reason why it irks me when Switch owners have the gall to claim "Nintendo's back!"

>EVERYONE IS HERE: F-Zero Edition
Fuck man, my hype would be at its absolute peak. X Content, GX Content, Maximum Velocity content, maybe some from GP Legend too just to round it out, and maybe even throw in some new shit because why not? All with Online.

mung go away

Actual thread theme coming through: youtu.be/Pm1HD70k4pQ

>literally who talking abou a literary who game
Kek

His logic boils down to "We can put F-Zer tracks into Mario why bother?"

Yet they can't even be assed to add Captain Falcon into Kart. Let alone emulate the speed.

>Thank you very much and try to wait by playing Nintendo Land’s F-Zero mini-game.

Shiggy is that you? Why won't you make a new F-zero? Just read this thread and give us what we want!

>entire song is in awful unintelligible engrish
why do japs keep doing this shit?

>FOOOOOH -.- WHY YOU RIKE EFFUH ZELO!? NO GIMMIKU NO RIKE!!!!!
I can’t wait till miyamoto kicks the bucket, holy fuck

>2012

IN THIS WORLD YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG
YOU HAVE TO FIGHT TO KEEP YOUR SPIRIT ALIVE

AND YOU MIGHT FEEL LIKE THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO GO FOR IF I FALL
BUT IT'S THE FIGHT THAT KEEPS US READY AND ON GUARD

Alright Nintendo, listen the fuck up, because I'm gonna make this easy for you.

EVERYONE IS HERE: F-ZERO EDITION

YOU PULL SHIT FROM OG F-ZERO, FROM X, FROM GX, FROM THE TWO GBA GAMES

ALL THESE FUCKING CHARACTERS AND TRACKS

YOU BUILD IT ON THE GX ENGINE, BUT YOU MAKE IT LOOK EVEN BETTER

YOU SLAP ONLINE ON IT, AND MAKE IT SERVER BASED BECAUSE FUCK P2P, NO ONE LIKES THAT SHIT, MAYBE EVEN THROW IN SOME MONTHLY EVENTS AND TOURNAMENTS LIKE THAT SPLATFEST SHIT

YOU ADD A STORY CHAPTER PER CHARACTER TO ACTUALLY MAKE AN ATTEMPT AT FLESHING OUT AN F-ZERO WORLD

YOU THROW IN A TRACK BUILDER TO GO WITH THAT CUSTOM VEHICLE BUILDER, HELL, THROW IN A CHARACTER BUILDER TOO

AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, YOU MAKE F-ZERO DEATH RACE BATTLE ROYALE, 100 RACERS ON AN ENDLESS TRACK, COMPETING FROM ACROSS THE WORLD TO KILL EACH OTHER

I call it, F-Zero Final Lap. I'll take my goddamned paycheck in the mail, Miyamoto.

Fuck that's a good name

I hope you’re looking forward to Nintendo World, gaijin piggus.

Attached: me.jpg (223x226, 6K)

>How do we make F-zero "fresh"?

First thing first is that I'd actually like to see an F-Zero with online play at all to see how it pans out, be it a port or new game - the former has ample potential with an expansion kit that never got released in the west. Yet somehow, Miyamoto never thought about that despite having online for Mario Kart since the fucking DS? Racing games these days obviously won't get anywhere these days if they don't have online play, and F-Zero can't exactly go past the starting line if it's not on the track.

One problem I do see with modern Nintendo approaching something like F-Zero however is that the company is quite sanitized these days. F-Zero X and GX have their own tech and whatnot to make them more interesting to play and thus have a learning curve, but I don't really trust modern Nintendo to not make a future racing game that feels as bland as most of the Wipeout clones on the market unless they got another studio to work on it.

Attached: f-zero.jpg (1200x1014, 490K)

Each of those sold more than all F-Zero games combined. When F-Zero prints money and flys off shelves, it will get a bunch of sequels.

MORE WAIFUS

FUUUUUUCCKKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUU I'M TOSSING MY 3DS IN THE FUCKING GARBAGE

Attached: 1550115982999.gif (538x492, 689K)

It literally just need good multiplayer

Fuck you Miyamoto

Attached: NOOOOOOOOOOOO DEATHBORN STOP I NEED TO SLEEP TO DEFEAT CAPTAIN FALCON NOOOOOO FORGIVE ME LORD DEATH (1876x1200, 216K)

>Why F-Zero? What do you want that we haven’t done before?
A worthwhile local & online multiplayer mode? New stages? Jesus christ, what a dumb question

Dude, dude...*hits blunt*... What about a Beat ‘em Up?

Release it at all Currently in the market there is no racer similar to F-Zero in either style or gameplay and hasn't been since the gamecube game.

People born the year GX was released are currently the target audience for F-Zero too, so you have a full fresh generations of youngesters not exposed to 1700mph 60fps racing

>sanitized
Assuming you mean sterilized, I agree.

The best F-Zero was made by SEGA. They might license it out again. Just have to find someone with a good preexisting engine to build on, like how GX built off super monkey ball 2’s.

>Why would you want a video game instead of a sequel to our revisionist Ubisoft simulator?
I give up.
Nintendo is assuredly dead until this slant-eyed fuck dies.

How to make f zero "fresh"
>port gc f zero grand prix with new maps + online
>make open world section of mute city (small map though)
>mute city will have the characters hanging out and some will give you bounties (missions) ex: take out a certain car in a race, get top 3, etc
>can either make your own character or play as captain falcon
>depending who you play as will have different missions
>easter eggs around the map (see slippys back in a cafe you cant enter)
>shops to get different outfits for your character or customize your car
>track editor

That will be 1 gorillion dollars please.

Attached: Mariokart_render_donkey.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Not bad user

this but unironically

Attached: 1549578177697.png (1066x1536, 678K)

>The most senior Yakuza-style advisor at Nintendo who can scrap and change productions at a whim cannot fathom the difference between doing things differently and doing them better
Here's your answer.
This is why Nintendo has been a gimmick-of-the-week company for the entirety of the 21st century.
>It's The Legend of Zelda, again, but with motion controls!
>It's Star Fox, again, but with the Gamepad!
Get cancer and die, Miyamoto.

Sterilized, yes that's the word. And honestly I'd be fine with either an X or GX base.

Reminder that this is the same guy who said Paper Mario doesn't need story and only needs generic Mario characters.

James McCloud is already in.

>Pico
He‘s surprisingly cool. I wish his machine wasn‘t always such a piece of shit.

>various custom Arwings
>Samus's Gunship, maybe even a couple extra ones from the spinoffs and Prime
>S.S. Dolphin
Is there any other Nintendo Sci-Fi franchises I'm missing? Something Kirby related maybe?

Literally just F-Zero GX HD Miyamoto. That would be fine.

Not every game needs a fucking gimmick or style change. If something is really good, then it's good. Messing with the formula is a surefire way to ruin things if the game doesn't really allow for it mechanically.

Mario is about finding fun different ways to bing bing wahoo so you can change how you bing bing wahoo. Zelda's is all about running around to different places and yelling SKYAH, so you can change the ways and places your run around and SKYAH in.

F-Zero is just you in a fast as fuck space car on difficult tracks with an announcer that says "retard" when you wipe out. That's all you need. Don't fuck that up.

Nips are tasteless, useless, autists, I swear to God.

Would you like to see a story mode set up like pic related, like GX, or something different?

Attached: Fzero story mode potential.jpg (634x480, 70K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tznFcq8WIvk

I feel like there's a few ways they COULD go about it and they'd all be good in different ways. One could be an OC focused one that works off of a created character and their machine, one that works like GX, one that focuses on little stories for each character, that sort of thing. Personally I'd prefer the 3rd one if only because it'd be both the easiest and possibly do the most to show some actual honest to god world building, but that's just me.

Just got an N64 (emulator) on my tablet and hooked up a ps4 controller to it.
Running F-Zero X and it's freaken awesome.
Turn all the graphix settings to max and it doesn't look bad at all. The music is great and the gameplay is fantastic, going fast is so fun.

Attached: f-zero gx.png (900x506, 848K)

Wipeout is great but it doesn't have the charm/characters and style of F-Zero.

>gx pic
oops meant

Attached: capn.gif (263x480, 42K)

>F-Zero GX - failed
>F-Zero AX - failed
>F-Zero anime - failed
>F-Zero Grand Prix - failed
>F-Zero Climax - failed
Gee, I wonder why Nintendo doesn‘t want to make a new one.

The bigger problem is nobody fucking buys F-Zero games so why should they bother making a new one?

They do get bought and they do make a profit, it's just not gigantic like their other games.

It's worth trying out a new one because a lot of time has passed and online play is better now, which would benefit a racing game a lot.
Imagine leader boards and team races, that would be awesome.

GX sold 1.5 million copies, that's nothing to cry about.

youtube.com/watch?v=XubKKcqo58k

>switch online exclusive

>gx
gaminggamma.com/2018/08/13/toshihiro-nagoshi-confirms-that-f-zero-gx-sold-1-5-million-copies-world-wide/

F-Zero on Switch could have theoretically done well if they had it as a launch title and held off Mario Kart Deluxe for a bit. That way, people looking for a 'racer' would buy that over the plumber's outing. It's like how ARMS mainly sold because people were after a multiplayer game - if ARMS had released after Smash, nobody would have bothered with it.

why must the existance of the anti grav fan be such pain

Attached: slowest feel .jpg (435x300, 74K)

A new game would have to capitalize on Falcon Punch.

>2012
Fuck off

>what do you want that we haven't done before
Gee I don't know, maybe an F-Zero with ONLINE PLAY
fucking GRAMPS running this show are so out of touch

There are a lot of dreamers in this thread. But after Majora's Mask 3D don't let your dreams just be memes.

The real reason is that they know that they'd make a pile of shit without Sega's help since Nintendo's own racing games were always garbage while Sega was king

Its very much a different styling. The way it leans hard into its near-future corporatism with the The Designers Republic aesthetic, techno jams, and brands that have a history (like the merger of Pir and Hana eventually giving rise to the Piranha brand) gives it its own unique flare that I very much enjoy. Its honestly a shame that the intro cutscene to 2048 didn't make it into the Omega Collection youtube.com/watch?v=eoCWvETKEvs

Attached: WIPEOUT™ OMEGA COLLECTION_20181011034955.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

captain falcon bounty hunting open world sci fi mmo with racing

in other words, just expand the single player in F-Zero GX and have non racing stuff as well

but I'd be fine with a regular F-Zero with track editor and online

Sounds like unfocused garbage, the kind of thing that makes ideas guys a complete joke to actual game developers.

I'm glad 2048 managed to get onto the PS4 as one of two Vita games to escape the handheld, but I'm a little miffed that the Omega Collection doesn't allow mixing of either HD/Fury or 2048 gameplay with each other's tracks.

>sold 1.5 million copies
Wait what? I feel fucking lied to. What the hell? That‘s like two fucking Fire Emblem games put together.
Fuck this. So the only games that actually failed were the GBA games they never released? That can‘t be right... Nintendo would be completely retarded if this were true.

>After it released, I got a call from Nintendo. They said they wanted to see all the source code for the game, and wanted me to explain how we’d made that game, in that timeframe and with that budget, in detail. They were wondering how we’d done it – they couldn’t figure it out. We were able to achieve something a lot higher than what Nintendo had expected.
That‘s funny, haha. How DID they do it?

Attached: 1432547112769.gif (250x251, 999K)

>add some mmo elements to it
>racing game now with fetch quests and grinding progression garbage
>big chat lobbies to show off your gear
fucken YIKES cancer

>new game comes in, is good and is successful
>developer doesn‘t want to be pigeon holed into a racing studio and makes a fucking space multiplayer game next that‘ll probably die in a hot minute
For fuck‘s sake!

Attached: neptune_spacewalk.webm (711x400, 2.86M)

I mean I understand why, it was mostly just a port that didn't really touch the stats of any of the ships. I remember the dude who i think is the one who has Feisar in is name thats always near the top of the leaderboards, a bit miffed about them not changing how item pickups worked (being that you can get the same one multiple times in a row) and stats not being what they were supposed to be in 2048 like the Auricom prototype i think being slower than its stats imply, which was a carry over from the original 2048. But hey, we got VR, and I'm happy enough with that

Attached: wipeout glitch (1).webm (640x360, 2.03M)

I still play 2048 on my Vita, runs great but when the load times get annoying I switch to Wipeout Pulse.

Based Miyamoto calling out rehash babies yet again.

>Nintendo would be completely retarded if this was true.
>literally called up the company they outsourced it to and went "HOW DID YOU DO THIS THING CALLED EFFORT, NONE OF OUR FOCUS TESTS CAN REPLICATE IT"
You answered your own question

It's good to have the option at least.

>webm
>"You have barrel rolled for the last time!"
>"NOW YOU'LL HAVE TO RACE FOR YOUR SOUL, PILOT!"

>"Why make a game unless there's something new for it?"
>*remakes Star Fox 64 again*

What studio would Nintendo outsource to make a hypothetical F-Zero sequel?

Attached: weeg dab.png (348x465, 156K)

>2012

Attached: 1524486326694.jpg (652x641, 68K)

So Splatoon?

>makes the same game a dozen times that nobody asked for but sells millions because people are fucking stupid
>good games people want more of they never revisit for some insane reason because it, "only" sold a few million copies the first time

The most out-of-touch company in existence. I can't wait for them to literally pull the servers for Splatoon 2 or something next week and Splatoon 2.5 will be a Nintendo Sandwich launch title in 2024 which would sell because people are desperate for more of the game...instead of, you know, just fucking making more of the game that people will buy because they like it.

Literally just port GX with online play and it'll sell literally a million copies, probably more.

>What do you want that we haven’t done before?
Is this really a line from a NINTENDO developer? Fucking seriously?

They should have used F-zero as the testbed for a huge multiplayer game on their infrastructure.

>Wait what? I feel fucking lied to.

Well you shouldn't because it didn't sell 1.5 million. Otherwise it would have been in Nintendo's sales reports of million sellers. Don't just believe what you want to hear.

That's what Nagoshi said. Maybe he is wrong.
Do you have better numbers?