Villians who got away with everything

Villians who got away with everything.

Still baffled how a man who killed millions is just casually walking free.

Attached: AD7E3415-4058-4F29-90B1-7A4A2A0A7F4F.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Didn't walk away free, trapped in hell.

But he got what he wanted in the end

To fight Dante forever until the end of all time

Not like it'll be the first time either Dante or Vergil have fought their way out of hell.

That's what power affords you to do. Only the powerless would be baffled by such a thing.

Vergil was lucky because no one could feasible punish him except for Dante and Dante would rather go full autism and fight his bro in hell all day than lose his only family again and go back to being poor as fuck

yeah...sorry.

He never actively tried to kill humans. He's still at fault though and the game handwaving it abit at the last few moments makes Dante, as a heroic character, suffer more than Vergil.

>Millions
He probably didn't even hit 10,000.

can't unsee it

Attached: michael-douglas.jpg (968x681, 51K)

they are not trapped, as long they have yamato they can open a portal back to the human world

>raped by mundus for a hundred years
>got remodeled into a knight suit by mundus and forced to be his slave
>died (and shouldn't have returned) in dmc1

>died
There was a lot of screaming and an explosion after which he disappeared. It was intentionally left up in the air whether he was alive or dead. You never saw his body collapse or fade away, like it happens to all the other bosses.

>millions
It was 1 very small city. I doubt it was millions.

pfft, yeah, its only 10000 people then. i killed 10000 people last month, it's really not a big deal

Implying Dante isn't going to find a way to permanently destroy the Yamato so that he never has to go to one of Patty's birthday parties.

Attached: 1552522042687.png (851x768, 771K)

His body literally was morphed into a suit, of course there was no body after you beat him

pic extremely related

helps murder an entire race of people but gets forgiven because she has a vagina and feels bad about it later

Attached: Beatrix.jpg (752x1200, 156K)

When you're the strongest demon in town, you don't have to listen to what other people want.

Well, that and even the rats wanna fuck her.

Well, when you think about it, it's the demons doing the killing. They have free will, they bear the responsibility for the killing they do. I mean Vergil's definitely a dick for letting them into the mortal world, but you can't really say he bears personal responsibility for their deaths.

You're supposed to post a villain

>Be Japan
>Fight on Hitler side
>Nanking
>Forcefully turn Korean women into prostitutes under your rule
>But it is ok because they have anime now
Yeah.

She was just carrying out orders. Plus she is cute and she redeems herself.

The tree killed every human in Red Grave and the surrounding cities, it was going for an entire month. He easily cleared 10k

>kills thousands of innocent people in first game
>brutally tortures children for a laugh
>causes constant problems for lead characters
>whole reason for villainous agenda is he's a 26 year old immortal man child weakling afraid of being lonely
>gets exactly what he wants and rejoins his twin

Fuck Japan for giving monsters like these forgiving endings when they clearly don't deserve it

Attached: Albedo.jpg (1392x1983, 794K)

Plus, when this all happens, Virgil is literally incapable of sympathy or empathy, due to cutting it all away. Urizen, while technically being Vergil, is by all accounts a completely different entity.

it wasn't him

Trapped in hell forever

based as fuck

Tbf it is the tree do all the killing. Urizen only hook on tree for live support and free apple power up.

>Fuck Japan for giving monsters like these forgiving endings when they clearly don't deserve it
mostly doing it for people who want to see him in future games
DMC didn't need to be all about the Sparda bloodline, but it is and that means Vergil showing up in someway whenever he can
I hope DMC6 tries to move past anything doing with Sparda kids bickering being the most important thing

Literally not Vergil's fault, how was he supposed to know his demonic half would go apeshit?

so Yamato separates the human and demon half
and Rebellion brings out the demon?

because it's exactly what Vergil wanted to begin with

he wanted power power power power and more power like he has always wanted and killing millions of people was the way to do it

who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 1552173785813.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

Vergil killed like five people.

the whole point of the ending was that Nero made him his bitch and had him redeem himself whether he liked it or not because there had been enough loss of innocent life thanks to him. He bartered between the two brothers by giving them an option they hadn't even remotely considered, getting the shit kicked out of them by himself, a lowly mostly human hybrid.

can't get any more humbled than being beaten down by your own child, even Vergin finally had to accept something that had happened to him. (and everyone knows he deserves more)

>no return to Nero's stand

Attached: 1309280678394.jpg (1021x620, 52K)

You could make an argument that it wasn't Virgil who killed those people since by all intents and purposes V and Urizen where two separate beings at the time, same with Temin-nu-gru you could lay the blame mostly on Arkahm. That being said Virgil did through his short sighted and retarded actions due to being butthurt over loosing led to two unimaginable catastrophes which was why Dante was ready and willing to fucking kill him for real this time.

Attached: 1528846329124.png (945x945, 261K)

Did Vergil do that, or should his Demonic half be considered a separate being?

>Dante would rather go full autism and fight his bro in hell all day than lose his only family again and go back to being poor as fuck
Except he was fully prepared to kill Virgil once and for all, it was Nero having a justified 20+ years in the making temper tantrum that stopped him

Attached: 1552185799033.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Not this shit again

why didn't Vergil cut down the Qliphoth as soon as he reformed then? Why wait atop it for Dante?

How the fuck would they even begin to punish him you goddamn retard?

He really wanted to beat Dante. The Qliphoth was never his objective, Urizen came up with that on his own.

This and only brainlets disagree.

Nero. Sure losing your family sucks and sure having to kill you own brother sucks, but Vergil has done horrible horrible things and would likely be glad to do them again if it means more power. He should die, and Dante is capable and willing to see it happen. Nero is a hypocrite that only cares because it fits his selfish wishes to see them both live. Sanctus did the EXACT same shit in 4 and Nero didn't hesitate to kill him, but he gives Vergil a free pass.

>Lose the war
>Get nuked twice and is to this day the only country to ever get nuked
>Occupied
It doesn't make them square with their victims but don't pretend the Japanese didn't get rightfully fucked up

>bad about it later
She feel bad that queen didn't notice her killing while the queen was playing with a nuke button.

>MUH ORDER
Don't be retarded. She enjoying kill everyone and most, if all people that were "following orders" try to use this as an excuse and got their ass blasted in vidya and real life. She is no different and there was no satisfying arc dealing with her.

>Cause 2 citywide massacres
>Sends creepy old man to wreck brother's office
>Rip off son's arm
>Tricks brother into letting him kill himself, only to revive and try to kill him

Attached: 1552361091534.jpg (300x621, 27K)

reunites them, like when you cook an omelette and it becomes egg and whatever else you put in it

>still loses

>Don't even get the satisfaction of finally kicking her ass
>Every fight is a forced loss
This shit almost made me drop FF9

Try to ask any japanese person about Nanking or their occupation of Korea.
They will tell you - nah, all lies, never happened and so on.

Obviously they're considered different beings. That's a Japanese media trope. You got Naraku and Kagura in Inuyasha, King Piccolo and Kami in Dragon Ball, Majin Buu and Evil Buu in Dragon Ball Z. They're all considered different people.

She's a loyal patriot whose devotion was misused. She's beautiful and cute and saves Garnet :).

I really thought Kirye was gonna tell Nero she was pregnant at the end and I don’t know why. I guess something Nero and his new resolve on family at the end.
I’d want the kid to be named Credo but I’d want it to be girl too so I’m conflicted. Want a female MC in DMC. Lady is cool but she ain’t no demon. Trish is a side kick too.

God Cavalier is such a shit weapon in this fight.

Yeah, well, Sanctus threatened Kyrie. Vergil got the hell away before she entered the room and only started shit far away from Kyrie's physical location.

>I’d want the kid to be named Credo
No way in hell Nero/Kyrie will do this.

Attached: 1536905049980.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

Demon side not him.

>Occupied
That is more of a mercy from the US/Truman. He realize that fucking the enemy hard while they're down would only repeat the existence of Nazi Germany and decided to just rebuild Japan. The alternate that Japan had was surrendering to the Soviet and nobody wants to do that.

Amazing how Nazis and stalin and hitler are still emulated in todays society.

Virgil's negligent actions make him culpable, while it was Urizen who committed the crimes Virgil's actions set the ball rolling

Dude just look at the qliphoth veins you travel through, those things are pumping millions of gallons of blood a second

Why the fuck would you use the crowd control heavy weapon to fight a guy known for speed and teleportation

Because I'm a chad. You can actually high time into a triangle triangle circle combo and do a fuck ton of damage to Vergil but it's literally the only thing the weapon is good for in that fight.

>Except he was fully prepared to kill Virgil once and for all

Dante and Vergil were never going to kill each other, Vergils entire motivation was just a salty comeback against Dante and they would have gone to hell to seal shit up together regardless of Neros tantrum

Yes, he's the ultimate cause, but Urizen is the proximate cause. Culpability can end with the proximate cause. Do you blame Henry Ford for every person in the third world who's going to die from global warming? Or perhaps Gottlieb Daimler?

nobody cares gook.

Strictly speaking, the only thing Vergil is fully guilty of is separating his demon half from his human half in an attempt to gain power, which later led to the demon half summoning the Qliphoth, while the human side realized the gravity of the situation and worked to rectify it.

When Vergil was whole again, he resolved to destroy the Qliphoth at the cost of stranding himself in hell where everything wants him dead.

He didn't really get away with it, and he's really more half guilty for the destruction caused by the Qliphoth. He took responsibility for the devastation the only way he could; by ending it.

They both looked up to him, and Nero says he considered Credo and Kyrie his only family

She really did get away with absolutely everything she did in that game.

Attached: Beatrix_boast.png (638x433, 479K)

>user time for bed

Attached: eva2.jpg (2560x1440, 386K)

I picture them naming their kid Creed rather than Credo.

Speaking of which, there's no way that blood ism't infected with a ton of diseases

MOMMY

>diseases
>affecting descendants of Sparda

Literally became Eva la zora. DmC really ruined everything.

Attached: DMC1 Eva.jpg (573x768, 54K)

>Trapped
>stranding himself
He still has Yamato. He can cut a portal and leave at any time. Once all the Qliphoth entities are dead and they feel the job is done they can just go. They'd probably already be done if they didn't keep stopping to fight each other. They don't even have to stay in hell the whole time, they could pop over to the human world, get a pizza, then return to kill more demons. Literally nothing is binding them there.

Seriously. How did she land the underworld's strongest Demon (for the time)?
Is she related to the umbran witches?

The tree was happening anyway, he just got the fruit.

Sort of unrelated, but my dog's name is Creed and he's the nicest boy on the planet

Attached: doggy.jpg (1024x768, 187K)

Tell your dog he's a good boy.

Did you kill Cerberus in front of him?

Holy shit I forgot that Vergil fucked up a city in DMC 3 as well and that was fully of his own volition.

Yamato can't open up a portal out of the underworld by itself. It can open portals to travel long distances in our plane of reality, but it cannot open portals between realities alone; DMC4 required the use of it in an entire building specifically built for that purpose to accomplish that.

If the Yamato could do what you're claiming it could, DMC3's ending would have had no meaning considering the circumstances hinged on the idea that if they had stayed, Dante would be trapped in the demon world with Vergil. This time, he IS trapped with Vergil, with both of them willingly submitting to that circumstance out of necessity.

If they could get out, Vergil would be far less concerned about Dante getting trapped in the demon world in 3, and in 5, either Dante or Vergil would have pointed this out to Nero when the latter claimed they would be trapped.

WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN

the writing is to write out dante/vergil, but not to actually kill them off. They can miss out several games, and come back if they need to.

Well he immediately got his ass beat by Dante, remained in the underworld, became Mundus' buttslave, and after years of torment, eventually got exploded by Dante again so that much evens out

So Vergil using Yamato to separate himself was a mistake right? Or does V regret the choice until Trish tells him to "clean up his own mess"?

It would really be a stretch if he wanted all along for Urizen to power up from the fruit and coincidentally have either Dante take him to recombine and be fixed from his condition. Don't think of it to hard, fanservice to get Vergil back, etc.

>miss out on several games
i dont see that happening

Vergil isn't responsible for the Qliphoth appearing. Its something that just happens
He basically just capitilized on it for muh power

Vergil's plan was nothing so complicated or calculated; he just desperate to not die and wanted to separate the humanity from himself to gain power.

He wasnt in control what Urizen did.

>DMC4 required the use of it in an entire building specifically built for that purpose to accomplish that.
Wait, don't you mean DMC 3? In 4 the Order of the Sword just built a bunch of hellgates like it was nothing. Interplanar travel seemed to get a lot easier over the years.

As for the drama of 3's ending, Vergil hadn't gotten the hang of using the Yamato for portal opening yet. We never see him travel across the material world with them at that time. He could have just not known he could do that. Or perhaps he hadn't been capable of it until some power in Yamato was unsealed by the ritual in the Temen Ni Gru.

How did mortally wounded/terminally ill Vergil get into the human world to separate himself from V in the first place? It was either Yamato, or the Qliphoth making the breach in the first place and he just followed it. I'm hazy on that detail.

in fairness portals to hell seem to open up even other week in the dmcverse

He is Urizen though

He literally is urizen

Vergil literally just thought that by separating his humanity he'd get more power so his human side had to try and fix it

see

>If the Yamato could do what you're claiming it could, DMC3's ending would have had no meaning
fucking this, how do people keep complaining about 5 ending when 3 did the same thing.

And V calls Vergil a fucking retard on any given chance he has and is trying to stop Urizen.

>shouldn't have returned
I don't know. It's kind of a sad, underwhelming place to leave his character -- especially after DMC3 made such a fuss about him. I don't think DMC5's way of bringing him back was the best though, since he still manages to be absent for the vast majority of it anyway and his motivations feel a little flimsy to me.

DMC5 has some cool moments in its story but the overall outline of the narrative isn't that compelling to me. It feels like a thin excuse to have a game at best, even for DMC.

It was a mistake but I don't even think it was strictly about power, just like this user says, it was a matter of survival. I'm pretty sure he seperated because his body was actually falling apart and the only way he could be his whole self again is if those two parts came back together. Also he probably wasnt completely sane, didnt think about the repercussions of what he was doing, and really really wanted to salty runback Dante. That score can't tip in his favor.

>twin
triplets

that wasn't vergil, that was the bad stuff inside vergil. now that is gone.

Urizen is part of him, but how can you judge someones morality by judging them separated from their morality, that is actually retarded

V is also Vergil.

Except V is also Vergil.

Thats my point retards, one half was completely against the whole thing.

>have moon cancer
>separate yourself in two
>turns out your human side still has moon cancer lmao
>demon side is ripped as fuck, builds a fucking blood tree, and proceeds to get even stronger
>meanwhile your soul is also cut into two people
None of this sounds like a thought out genocidal power plan. Vergil's just a fucking idiot.

Attached: 1536758284151.jpg (309x440, 93K)

Only because V realized it was slowly killing him.
Vergil probably planned all this too.
>realized Dante was right in accepting his human half
>separates himself, lets his demon half gain power while his human half learns humanity and shit while leading Dante to Urizen
>gets the power from the Fruit
>lets V merge themselves back to Vergil because even with the Fruit, Urizen can't beat Dante
>gets to fight Dante as Vergil again but this time with Fruit power up
I don't get why he doesn't count Urizen beating Dante in the Prologue a win, though.

>In 4 the Order of the Sword just built a bunch of hellgates like it was nothing
It was a fucking huge operation that took years; Credo states the Angelos alone took a great effort to create. The gates themselves required Devil Arms as batteries, and those are relatively rare on top of being dangerous to get.
>How did mortally wounded/terminally ill Vergil get into the human world to separate himself from V in the first place? It was either Yamato
How the fuck is he going to use Yamato to bail from the demon realm if he didn't have it? Nero had it for the past several years. He was in hiding in the human world after the Mallet incident, probably spending the last ten or so years barely recovering from being mind controlled and exploded.

There were no bad people. Just idiots.

What about V? Why did he fuse?

One half of vergil, whose decision it was to split himself in two and become urizen

He didn't know what was going to happen

Oppenheimer didn't know what was going to happen when he split the atom

Why does she look so pretty but Trish looks so shit?

None of that even begins to make up for Unit 731.

i dunno

Attached: Capture.jpg (1915x874, 214K)

He was dying and he wanted to live even if it means fusing back to Vergil

Vergil's conciousness and memories are almost entirely trapped within V; Urizen barely even remembers anything from Vergil's past.

Also the Qliphoth tree would have appeared either way and Urizen just exploited the situation.

Attached: 1494789507572.png (438x500, 21K)

What's the proper timeline now?

3>4>1>2>5?

Remind me how and why the Qliphoth tree appeared?

3>1>4>5
DmC

Yeah, but as king, basically. He also has the key, he can leave anytime

Unless its addressed in the novel, i assume Urizen went back to hell with the yamato, knew about the tree potential, recruited demons by claiming he could make a portal that mundus couldnt do in 2000 years, cut open a big ass portal for all the demon and the tree to invade. Some followed him, others like Goliath were actually after their own interests

The story seems to imply that Urizen becoming Mundus 2.0 or even existing was not actually part of the plan

The plan was to pull a Naraku and seperate the parts of yourself you find to be weak/impure/whatever and leave a better version of yourself

This didn't work because without his humanity he was just like any other meathead chaotic evil demon except extremely powerful

This is why the other half of Vergil is completely against the whole thing and works against Urizen the whole time and then the reformed Vergil is willing to destroy the tree and try to clean up the mess rather than become demon king and dominate both worlds

Attached: groo.jpg (640x360, 33K)

>This is why the other half of Vergil is completely against the whole thing and works against Urizen the whole time and then the reformed Vergil is willing to destroy the tree and try to clean up the mess rather than become demon king and dominate both worlds

This, the whole point of the story is that once V merges with Urizen Vergil has changed thanks to his time as V; he realizes that his lust for power is the "monster" side of him.

But V also wanted to merge back because he wanted to kick Dante's ass, which is the one thing Urizen and V agrees on.

3 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 5
Initially, 2 was the last game, but they've changed it to be between 1 and 4.

>whole reason for villainous agenda is he's a 26 year old immortal man child weakling afraid of being lonely

Well, that and he got raped by U-Do.

he was rusing the whole time to revive himself fully

Retard.