My friend got this for me. Is morrowind fun and is this a good port? For refrence ill be running it on Xbone

My friend got this for me. Is morrowind fun and is this a good port? For refrence ill be running it on Xbone

Attached: 9F402FAF-CF2C-4E29-894A-414F781A602B.jpg (352x500, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ekCq5K9cm54
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

...I never thought about this before but does this version fix the dark brotherhood coming after you at Lv1?

I've heard it patched a lot of other things

>morrowind on xbox

Attached: 1416143237120.jpg (356x325, 23K)

That's what I'm asking about, yeah

I cant be bothered to look it up but yeah, apparently they overhauled the way the game runs on the XB1 from the janky ass low framerates on the XB original.

>Is morrowind fun
Not traditionally so but fun can be had if you um..
Okay look, it's an invaluable piece of video game history, you'd be doing yourself a disservice to not play it to expand your perspectives and understanding of the medium.
It's a slow burn, you gotta give it some time, a lot of time to get going.

Attached: 1538115045868.png (854x1023, 507K)

Alright. I think this port isn't bad, plus it comes with Bloodmoon and Tribunal. I know kinda a vague summary of the plot of Morrowind but can you tell me if Bloodmoon or tribunal are good?

Don't know about on the Xbone, but it has a really short draw distance on the original XBox, to the point that I felt it was pretty unplayable when I bought it around the time it was new. And for reference, the PC version has draw distance mods, because some people weren't even satisfied with the max draw distance on PC, which was much higher than the XBox's. If you like that foggy atmosphere, though, you're set.

Tribinal is pretty good, has the sickest armors in the game and some fun quests. Bloodmoon has kina a meh landmass but the quests are nice if you like folklore.

The Xbone version is extremely playable, it solves the number one problem with the original version which was the incredibly long load times - obviously it isn't as good as PC but it's still good, and if you haven't played it before it's a real rite of passage

You have a shitty friend if he gave you a console version of Morrowind

He found it at the thrift store for me because I had an extra copy of Red Faction Guerrilla I gave him

>dark brotherhood coming after you at Lv1?
Why is that an issue it only happens like once every i game fewdaysand only if you sleep outside, plus you kill them and get good gear to use and sell.

youtube.com/watch?v=ekCq5K9cm54

mw on xbox was my first experience with the game and i loved it. mw is one of favorite games of all time. the xbox version is ok but kind of janked up. i would play it on pc personally.

>plus you kill them and get good gear to use and sell.
That's the issue, once you kill one you basically steamroll early to mid game

>Why is that an issue
Because it's retarded, fuck you Todd. It's amazing that years later we get Dawnguard DLC initiating frequent npc-raping vampire attacks. Bethesda is incapable of learning.

Xbox version changes it so they don't attack you in your sleep until you reach level 6. That's a fairly easy to find mod for PC as well.

I dont see an issue desu, money was always very tough to find early game anyway, well, without commiting crimes, because you couldn't get out and explore because you were underpowered as fuck, so it was a catch 22, too broke and weak to explore level slowly because of beimg too weak.
Not played the game for like 12 years but I think last time I played I just console commanded 100k to myself to eliminate this shit

>Bethesda is incapable of learning.
Yea I agree, but I never found morrowind an issue. I only had 2 DB attacks in my last playthrough before getting to mournhold, plus iirc, you can get there pretty early anyway, just to stop the attacks.

>its okay when Morrowind does it
Whatever man, hopefully you're aware of your own retardation when criticizing other games.

It aged like milk.

*a fine wine

I liked it, but i had played a ton of Morrowind by that point, so it was a breath of fresh air not having to go anywhere to 'start' a new quest.

On top of that, you kill the assassin and get some solid gear. Pretty damn nice. Install a DLC, get some loot immediately, thats the way it should be.

Way better on PC. Granted you should install a bunch of mods to make it tolerable. Please do not come back crying because you can't hit enemies at 0 stamina, it's really old.