User.cfg

>user.cfg
>gun_degrade_rate 0
>game becomes perfect

What are some other games where similar techniques significantly improve the experience?

Attached: F92F8E36-430A-4244-903B-C51613979148.jpg (750x414, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rixzL5WlS-Y
youtu.be/aYwC_rOJ5Zs
youtube.com/watch?v=ifTIuA8Dq58
youtube.com/watch?v=SrLL96P1vYA
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=10531.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=rixzL5WlS-Y

youtu.be/aYwC_rOJ5Zs
this is now a ricardo thread

uh no, using that cheat makes a bunch of skills and items in the game useless
sounds like you're too brainlet for immersive sims

This took a turn for the better, I think.

Makes it more like Shock 1, and i really, really enjoyed that game. I beat Shock 2 already and am using that cheat for my second run, and honestly, I’m enjoying it. I don’t care if it makes me “le brainlet fag incel”, it’s more fun

Why don't you just admit you're a casual and bad at video games? It's a lot easier than trying to justify cheating.

youtube.com/watch?v=ifTIuA8Dq58

youtube.com/watch?v=SrLL96P1vYA

he never played ss1, user, probably hasn't done thief either

especially when he could just spec into tech skills and easily keep his weapons repaired

No need to get defensive user. It's fine if you have more fun when cheating.

I love him "typing"

>Makes it more like Shock 1
lol no you retard, SS1 has more enemies in a single floor than SS2 has in the entire game and almost no resource scarcity past an hour in. SS1 is a mindless shooter for the most part and there's nothing wrong with that but god you people are retarded.

I played my first run as Navy and did exactly that. For the second one I originally turned on the cheat so I could play OSA and use my cybermodules to try out all of the psi powers I didn’t get to use the first time, but I honestly enjoyed it more than weapons breaking every 3-4 mags.

>playing skyrim
>turn on godmode
>game is now actually fun
aha truly I am the enlightened one, time to go write a kotaku article about it

I played SS1 and Thief, both good games but mechanically shallow since they're missing any RPG elements

>Play game
>Use cheats to remove all obstacles to overcome
What are some other games that allow me to significantly improve the experience

Personally I found Gone Home to be a lot more fun once I modded out the thirst/hunger/exposure mechanics

based retard
the game gives you too many maintenance tools for free and the guns should have a higher chance to jam

most mobile games let you pay real money to cheat

Isn't there one psi power than prevents your guns from breaking? Just use that you dumbass

Attached: 1551187692162.jpg (363x363, 26K)

>Witcher 3 has weapon durability
>WTF WHY IT’S NOT FAIR
>System Shock 2 has weapon durability
>Lol git gud skrub

agree with this, it's almost as if.... hmmmm... there are hypocrites on Yea Forums

i've never played witcher 3
prey had weapon durability though and it was way too lax

Attached: 480490_20190114085416_1.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Sorry I don't play bad games like Witcher 3, only good games like unmodded System Shock 2
git gud retard ;)

>implying I bothered with Witcher 3
I prefer games that aren't 90% cutscenes

0 is too low, senpai

Witcher 3's durability was sort of a non-issue. You were never more than a quick-travel away from a smith to repair your gear. Perhaps lower-quality gear should've inherently had shittier durability so it would've been an issue faster. A superb grandmaster piece forged by a master wouldn't break as fast as some piece of shit you got crafted by a local village blacksmith out of chinese-tier "iron", after all.
Shock's durability required a bit more micromanagement but I don't even remember it being that much of an issue.

Any mods to make it playable on modern systems? à la GMDX.

>60% of the 90% cutscenes are Geralt talking about stuff that happened in other games or maybe the books

Attached: 1431656356906.png (1600x900, 1.13M)

>time_to_aim 0
why the fuck did they think this needed to be a thing?

Attached: header.jpg?t=1547058511.jpg (460x215, 41K)

SS2 Community Patch and SHTUP.

>do that
>now have useless repair and maintenance skills along with the items
someone should do something about that

So? It’s less stuff to waste time on when I could be upgrading my psi and hacking, which actually make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks user

get this mod as well because SCP makes some cancerous balance changes to the original
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=10531.0

resource management is an enjoyable part of games
you might as well play with godmode on

>resource management
>enjoyable
ughhh, I bet you're one of those people who like having inventories and stats and stuff
gross why can't SS2 just be a Bioshock prequel

Attached: 1188463152310.jpg (256x256, 61K)

This but unironically

But why waste precious cybermodules on such a thing, when I could be spending them on actual upgrades?

you get loads of cybermodules

why waste cybermodules on hp when I can just activate godmode? Checkmate atheists :^)

just use godmode bro

Weapon durability is never a good mechanic. It's always just an annoyance that makes the player farm repair materials/carry duplicate weapons. It adds nothing meaningful to the game unless it applies exclusively to unique weapons.

Attached: consider_the_following_neenee.png (800x576, 324K)

I don't think fans of the shock games are playing witcher 3

Why even play video games if you need to cheat? You clearly don't enjoy them. Might as well watch TV or go shuttlecocking.

Just because you're too incompetent to deal with it, it doesn't mean it's not a good mechanic. It's intended to limit your resources and force you to manage your items efficiently.
Don't try to discuss games, if you need to use cheat codes to enjoy them you picked the wrong hobby.

Health is never a good mechanic. It's always just an annoyance that makes the player farm health items/activate revive chambers. It adds nothing meaningful to the game unless it applies exclusively to unique builds.

I can deal with it pretty easily. On my first run I just pump strength and speed so I could club niggers with a wrench all day. Suicide bots and other annoying cunts got domed with an AP round from one of my half dozen pistols.

Revive chambers are rendered moot by the quicksave/quickload feature.

I cheat and mod all the time. It’s about tailoring the experience. I play XCOM 2 with a lot of really tough enemy mods like LEB’s Lategame Enemies and such, but then I want to go over and play Postal 2 with Time Stopper, throwing knives, and the PayLoad cheat. In the case of SS2, I thought that weapon durability depleted too fast, and, in my first run at least, I only found about a total of 10-15 repair tools, and through most of the early game my pistol was broken. I decided to play the game again as OSA, and to activate the cheat to save cybermodules. I did not expect that it would improve the game so greatly.

>I played SS1 and Thief, both good games but mechanically shallow since they're missing any RPG elements
I disagree. Thief is more mechanically complex from its stealth system. The RPG mechanics don't add a layer of complexity after a first playthrough since it's too easy to min max in SS2. Assault rifle? OP Psi? 1 point in heavy for grenade launcher? Melee? Etc.
Not dissing SS2 in any way, but I simply disagree with your statement.

>everyone now goes into autistic fits about how modifying your toys to play with them longer or do different things are cheating at your make believe play time
>unless it is a mod their favorite streamer liked

SS2 has the same stealth mechanics just no light gem and lots of metal corridors. I remember someone modded TDP into SS2 with blackjack and everything.

This type of thinking is a really strange artifact of the live balance, social networking, and always online era of gaming. You know all the shit about hooking up with your "friends" and letting the devs have complete control of your game-related data (forced patching, server-side inventory verifications, etc.) is just a thinly-veiled attachment to the skinner box monetization (loot boxes, login bonuses given piecemeal to encourage store usage, etc.) meat of that design philosophy right?

I'm finally understanding what it means to grow older. You see so much progress in games and life in general, but the things people walk back on are endlessly frustrating. It's a good thing to be able to own and modify your toys however you like, and the lack of homogeneity between user experiences increases barriers to friendship that require social skills to overcome and reduce low-quality connections between people.

>he doesn't know SS2 has the same stealth system
your opinion is invalid

Based and freedompilled.

>new age hippie justifies cheating the post

Witcher 3 is the game of the generation
t. someone that has a trioptimum email address.

Based

>Play the game by my rules only: the post
Y I K E S and C R I N G E
go drink a cola and eat a bag of chips buddy

not my rules, the games rules, as created by the devs

I didn't read all this but are you by chance a video game journalist

people usually mod games to make them more challenging not free cheats faggot

yeah, so when I played TES: Oblivion, and used the dupe glitch to fill the streets with watermelons, it was 'against the rules' and I didn't have any fun

protip: I did

I love Thief but you just fucking crouchwalk everywhere and deal with simple guard patrols, maybe use some items if you're shit. It's a very good game but it's not remotely complicated, you barely have any options since the game funnels you into chokepoints often.

If anything you should be calling me old and out-of-touch. There's nothing new age or hippy about that post at all. You're delusional.

heh, i am a writer, but i've only written two freelance articles when Vice Gaming/Waypoint was first getting started. they expressed interest but didn't publish in the end. probably for the best given the brand and how it continues to evolve.

really i'm just tried of being held captive to people as they talk at me, trying to jump themselves through mental hoops: that its somehow a good thing that their favorite part of a game was nerfed, or that they spent double the tag on some loot crate or cosmetic, or that they really enjoy playing with their "friends" that only ever hook up with them in-game and never discuss anything else

there are good modern games out there but so many of them are infested with shit the fans and journalists tried to rally against nearly 20 years ago. i don't want to pretend to like people who scream about shit on discord in order to complete all of a game's content. i don't want to pay for their loot boxes. i don't want them nerfing my favorite weapons for a small minority of epic mega master rank gamers. those genres exist, and they're not bleeding over organically, they're doing it for profit incentive

and now you have people who actually defend a corporate product as some kind of holistic sacred experience, its absurd

Good god this reddit tier farthuffing
what happened to this place

Using the Morrowind accurate attack mod which removes combat RNG

Since you're bad at games, you're halfway to being a professional games journalist. Now you just need to call all gamers racist and sexist and you'll be set.

Attached: mrrogers-660x400.jpg (660x400, 49K)

turning on unlimited saves, for the alien campaign specifically.
>stealth mechanics unexplained, may not actually exist
>npcs either retarded and ignore you or 360 instagib you from across the room with shotguns and smart guns
>civilians randomly drop molotovs on death which will probably light you on fire every time since you only have melee attacks
>main attack randomly decapitates people preventing you from eating heads to heal

Attached: ss_b4af0f3b75f2b894e2f806de24fc9a9de2774870.jpg (1024x768, 196K)

>lets try playing the game a little differently after completing a legit run the first time
urgh cringe reddit bleh

>waifu threads with tattooed, cigarette smoking, dirty hobo woman from spammed DmC threads, animefag threads, twitch and e-celeb threads/screencaps threads
WOW BASED

you sound like the kind of person who aggressively abandons a task because it doesn't make you feel good in the first 30 seconds

like who feels the need, scrolling by a thread, to enter it and leave some valueless drivel like this with some cringey "the old Yea Forums" nostalgia tacked on. re-think the way you live your life dude.

>the problem is that you don't understand the sophisticated 4 dimensional outside-the-box complexity of removing weapon degradation in system shock 2
geez just admit you're bad at video games, this is just pathetic

Attached: 1541976209687.jpg (625x463, 75K)

>waahhh wahhh why aren't you playing the game I want you to play

What's a game that does weapon degradation right? It's always either downright horrid (Far Cry 2) or a complete non-issue (Dark Souls 2)

Minecraft

most MMOs use durability to reduce inflation of the ingame economy

>waaah waaah im a huge fag
u rite now lmoaa

But where’s the argument?

>or a complete non-issue (Dark Souls 2)
DS3 was the one where it was nearly impossible to break anything, meanwhile the PC version of DS2 had the framerate bug where your weapons degraded so fast using whips and katanas practically required the repair spell

>What's a game that does weapon degradation right?
System Shock 2

Ask your mom, faggotron

I wouldn’t really say SS2 does it well. Your durability hits 1 after like 3 clips from the pistol. It denies usage of fun and unique weapons and pushes you back to the assault rifle. If it degraded slower, then yes, it would be done well. Perhaps at a third of the rate it does normally.

>Start playing SS2
>Having a great time
>Get to the radioactive maze
>Have fun getting lost
>I hope you dont mind burning all your health and antirad items
>Oh and theres ~4 turrets waiting for you at the end for when you do get through ;)
>End up dropping the game
>Repeat in a year
I might just turn on god mode for that section next time I get there.

Attached: 1445925359287.png (381x380, 13K)

Can the command OP mentioned be set to .5 instead of 0? Or does it not accept non integers?

Nothing wrong with that. Make small tweaks to lighten up the experience the first time around to get a feel for the game so you can fire on all cylinders on your next run.

I'll get a lot of flak on it but giving yourself infinite health and max damage on Earthbound. Fuck the combat in this game.

Attached: EarthBound_Box.jpg (369x270, 21K)

>maze
it's tiny and they literally give you a map

It's fine in SS2 though? Sometimes I wonder if you people even understand how to play video games, put a couple of points in maintenance. Setting it lower would make it a complete non issue.

What maze
Boy I'd like to see you brave SS1's reactor level if you think that was a maze
Cargo bays are probably the toughest part of the game for new players, extremely easy with 1 or 2 laser pistols set to overcharge but you'll need decent maintenance skill for that

OP here,
Yes it can. And .25 as well.
Though I do wonder what would happen if I set it to a negative number.

>start Fallout or Skyrim
>open console
>tgm
>both games become good

Based

embarrassing