I don't get it

I don't get it.
It just recently got the highest player count peak, toppling a record from six years ago.
Who are these fucking people playing TF2?
Do you know anybody? Can we even trust Steam's numbers on THEIR OWN games?

I'm being told hundreds of thousands of people play TF2, yet there are no threads up about, there is no discussion, I don't have a single friend who's played it in fucking years.

What is going on?

Attached: download (5).jpg (329x153, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

teamwork.tf/community/statistics
pcgamesn.com/team-fortress-2/team-fortress-2-player-count-smissmas-2018
youtube.com/watch?v=erlS8MuxsGI&bpctr=1552549338
youtube.com/watch?v=pL6Oc07xSzw
vocaroo.com/i/s0HHms8CCONq
makanidotdot.tumblr.com/post/183034248261/not-to-be-inconvenient-or-rude-but-if-you-were
steamcharts.com/app/440
youtube.com/watch?v=b550jyzGj5Y&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/JJuR91jDXFI?t=27
reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/az0dqx/tf2_lost_more_than_a_third_of_its_players_stats/
youtu.be/sXLeZ-ukY7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a good game
we have threads multiple times a day, i've got several friends who play it regularly, and i play it regularly myself

>lol ill just say what he said but flip a couple words!!

simply epic, thanks for posting

I play it regularly with friends. There's just not much to say, it's been around for over a decade.

you just ain't doin' it right

I mean dota recently hit a million concurrent players but everyone forgot what is it

>free to play

It's third worlders and kids/poorfags

you're welcome retard, i answered all the questions
if you don't see the threads that we have all the time then get eye surgery because you are fucking blind

It's always been a top ten played steam game. It's fun and 80% of my friends list plays it. No shocker.

>yet there are no threads up about, there is no discussion
aside from the dozens a day? sigh...

Attached: 1551633615676.png (501x506, 208K)

Gameplay is still solid after 12 years of people constantly trying to ruin the fun. It also hasn’t succumbed fully to the cancer that is esports whoring

Attached: C4227D07-EBFD-4BBC-BF48-77E616010AA8.png (300x229, 87K)

I play everyday

Attached: 1237519679041.jpg (304x313, 20K)

It's established itself a well deserved title as a staple game that almost every steam user is playing or has played. Since there's millions upon millions of people using steam, at least a few thousand of those will play Team Fortress eventually.

Tf2 is a fucking legendary status game where everything it had going for it was quality and the team was earnest the gameplay was fun the community booming and creating endless streams of content/new ways to play, unmarred by todays gaming issues and status quo.

it is a testament to no matter how much new shit comes out you cannot deny the quality of the game that holds up well today.

it's a game

nice bait op its not like we had 3 successful party van server threads this month fuckin retard

TF2 is shit now but it's still the best multiplayer game on the market.

It's still fun and challenging, there are several threads about it everyday and most of my friendlist play it on a daily basis

I still play it regularly, too much. There are lots and lots of kids on it, now, probably more than ever before.

Attached: Backpack_Primeval_Warrior.png (512x512, 45K)

Are all the fun servers/maps like the obstacle courses still alive? Good memories with those

Probably all of the millennial parents trying to rehab their children with wholesome gaming and away from Fortnite.

I don't think there's a multiplayer FPS more talked about on Yea Forums than tf2

tfw enter jailbreak server and no idea what is going on

Attached: bucky.png (283x178, 5K)

The fact that not a single FPS has surpassed it gameplay-wise or aesthetically (sans hats) says a lot about the game or the industry

Attached: 1539764675391.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

post loadouts

TF2 when at it's best is the best shooter hands down, but actually getting to play a half decent match is extremely rare, the average game involves one team getting shitstomped and the other team having people leave after the first round loss.
>ARE YOU
Every time.

I tried playing it after a 3-year hiatus about this time last year, I don't know if I was missing something but it seemed like there wasn't a lot of serious or semi-serious play

Its great because there is always someone better than you, most of the time it feels like you could beat that one guy rolling everyone if just did something a little different. Some casual games you are untouchable and get 8+ doms and maybe once or twice a day you get matches in a weird server with all the stompers and hardly get past mid scoreboard.

it's a f2p game. it's full of third worlders with shit PCs and laptops

It's like you dont WANT an answer or something

FORTNITE? MORE LIKE FORTSHITE

DAE SEETHE ZOOMER MAN

You have options. Granted they're few and far between. Just gotta find them.

Why do you need a server for those? Just download the map and run it locally.

>there are people in this day and age trying to sell hats and weapons for what is the equivalent of less than a penny
some things never change

Been playing it for 10 years and this definitely rings true. Always a challenge or an opportunity to use meme loadouts.

You should play it user, it's fun.

Attached: 152814767873.png (500x521, 236K)

what? There are always TF2 threads.
I boot it up every once in a while. It's a fun game, and somehow nobody has made anything that has obsoleted this game yet

If you live in a shithole like Venezuela it's probably better to keep your assets in TF2 items than in your local currency.

lmao wut? I went on the other day because I felt like playing something, there were 2 aus servers with players. One was an idle achievement server

It's solid team-based multiplayer
And the fact that there's no real successor or followup

I just spent the last 3 days playing demoknight.

Attached: hl2_2019-03-12_16-01-13.png (665x316, 29K)

I have an important question.
How realistic were the elephants?

>125 kills
Why in the world would you not go to an mge server and grind out a couple thousand kills before showing that weapon in public?

i agree
movement, physics and gunplay have just been worse since tf2

I started playing the game again with a couple friends a few days ago. Still fun, though I do miss the days where there wasn't 500 weapons.

because nobody cares about your e-peen measuring contest in a dead game?

WHERE IS MY FUCKING TF2 UPDATE VALVE YOU NIGGERS

I'd love a tf2 battle royale or a royale game with tf2 gameplay
I like the idea of battle royale, they just all have shit gunplay and movement

Because I don't care about bragging about muh kills, I'm just showing off my allegiance.

>yet there are no threads up about it
One, we get several threads a day about this game.
Two, we aren't the only people in the world who play video games. For better or worse.

Idling bots and tradefags. Don't let TF2fags swindle you into thinking nu-fortress is legitimately played by anyone other than third worlders and memespouting bronies

Attached: 1546198797747.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

its still
i play it every now and then when i get the urge
me and my friends usually play it together too

>I'm being told hundreds of thousands of people play TF2, yet there are no threads up about, there is no discussion
have you been on Yea Forums even once the past 5 years?

Ahem
FUCK GLOW IN THE DARK CIA NIGGERS

FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK JEWS
AND FUCK VALVE

Attached: knuck.jpg (630x630, 33K)

But Demoman himself is a See Eye Ayy nigger.

There are several TF2 threads a day, you just don't notice them because we actually talk about video games in them instead of flavor of the month meme shit

>nu-fortress
how many people on this board have fucking played the original Team Fortress Classic before TF2 released? probably not many.

I stopped playing TF2 when I stopped being able to immediately identify each class from a distance because of all the cosmetic garbage

I've played it on and off since 2010. It's still a fun game. It can be as casual or serious as I want it to be.

The game took a massive tank in quality after 2011 with the mann co store and F2P and letting poorfags and hackers in while the game itself looks shittier and runs worse than it did on release

pretty sure half the people playing it are bots farming items to sell on the market

reminder to check teamwork.tf/community/statistics
for how many people are actually on a server, and in which region.

I can't blame anyone for not liking all the silly dumb cosmetic shit in the game nowadays, but if you seriously can't tell the difference between classes because of fucking hats then you're an honest to god retard.

Attached: 1459542600870.png (638x480, 349K)

>mfw shitposters keeps trying to say third worlders are the tens of thousands of people playing even though Steam has been dissected so frequently and that TF2's playerdata consistently puts the vast majority of its playerbase in US/Canada/western Europe
>and also ignoring that most thirdworlders are gonna be playing MOBAs or some other more popular F2P title

Attached: 1551866506383.png (515x842, 531K)

oh no I can't tell the difference between a scout and a heavy

pls can i has update

>I mean dota chess recently hit a million concurrent players but everyone forgot what is it

fixed

I see at least two threads per day posted by some faggot who’s utterly buttblasted by snipers

G'DAY

Not him but I've been getting reamed by snipers lately. Did all the pubstars decide to pick the game back up or something?

He's right. They ruin the game. A server I played on used to ban snipers on Sunday nights.

I'm so sorry, if you don't mind me asking what caused the blindness to set in?

I got my little brother into it, recently.
It's a great game.

Lime green and pink loadouts

Good. The class doesn't do anything special other than giving the player a nice k/d ratio

Good chunk are bots. Just gifted away the last of my hats and like 20% of them went to AAAANNNEEEEFFF1111888

SOMEONE POST THE ENGIE WEBM

Attached: unbelievable engie play.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

All other multiplayer FPS games are either shit or completely shit or dead. TF2 is genuinely still fun and a timeless classic.

>"ahem"
>"I'm going to say it"
>"nigger"
>kid on mic is momentarily confused, starts calling me an asshole
>tells me to kill myself
>only respond with "nigger"
>he gets his brother on the mic
>he also tells me to kill myself and says that he fucked my dad
>still respond with "nigger"
>start a votekick on him
>he gets booted

Attached: dances smugly.gif (544x420, 856K)

Tf2 lets you fuck around with various weapons. When you tell someone to screw off, nothing happens to you.

Only a 3rd of players ingame are actually playing it. Unfortunately most of the player base are bots idling

Attached: IMG_0525.jpg (1143x450, 71K)

>game is free
>game is on steam
>game has high player count
oH mY FucKInG GoD I CAnT EVEn BeGiN to FaHTtom How THis IS fucKNig poSSIblE Yea Forumsros!!!!!

Fuck off you stupid goddamn nigger, kys

that doesn't even look like a third you fucking retard

Attached: IMG_0526.png (770x158, 114K)

Picked up the game again recently and I'm noticing more and more people reporting players for "cheating" when I play. Are there really more people cheating now, or are people just salty like usual? I don't remember it being this bad a few years ago.

reminder to pick up at least one waifu sign
empower yourself with your love

Attached: blessed arsenal.png (610x534, 384K)

how many times will you insist obviously nonsensical garbage for attention
you need a girlfriend

how did he die again?

Attached: big borb.png (422x422, 173K)

It's free-to-play and attracts marketplace fags. It's a microcosm of everything that went wrong with Valve and shooters.

There is at least one a day
Are you blind or retarded? Or both?

Attached: Burning.webm (800x450, 1.84M)

There are a hefty portion of legit players, both old and new, that still play the game either for nostalgia or because its free.

That being said theres almost as many or even more bot accounts, and I suspect that the resent surge that you saw was result of new version of iddletron or cat-bot or whatever it is now called being tested or deployed.

Accounts are free, so when any of the mass bot networks get tested or deployed there is a surge in player numbers, even if those bots won't connect to games more than once.

Maybe Overwatch players realise their game is shit and moved over to the good one?

Attached: 1550242847816.png (329x441, 216K)

Attached: killcam.jpg (640x479, 83K)

I play every now and then
Never been deserted

Time to play TF2
You load onto a server and it's your favorite map
What map is it?
Are you Red or Blue?
What class do you pick?

Attached: 1552322722484.png (512x512, 109K)

Attached: 1535999207281.jpg (816x696, 111K)

Me. No other game lets me call the stealth class "sneaky jew fuck" while hitting people with a sign that has a horsecock futa loli on it.

Attached: 1488249263773.jpg (720x960, 108K)

>Was playing it about 5 minutes ago
>"WHY DOES NO ONE PLAY DIS GAYM?"

I've been playing it more recently because i got
>pic related
Shit is so good.

Attached: chrome_2019-03-13_23-33-22.png (1024x516, 279K)

It needs some weapon balances and the fucking comic to actually conclude, but even then it's one of the most complete games i've ever played and is a genuine joy to put a few hours in every couple of days.
Sniper still to this day pisses me off though and even if it's trash, razorback was such a fucking misstep that made spy even worse at his job than before

the picture will answer your question

needs more cosmetics to be a tf2 player

I play on it during peak hours when community servers actually have population. I wish matchmaking would fuck off already so I could play during the off hours.

This.

Attached: Cheer up, crew cut!.jpg (1360x768, 108K)

Attached: chrome_8rbV2mZq7N.png (328x412, 104K)

Matchmaking is fucking awful and I've hated it since it got added for Mann Up.
I just want to listen to Jamiroquai and click on robot heads as Sniper without people bitching at me, goddamn it. Sniper's fucking busted in MVM, why can't people understand? Fucks sake, I usually end up outdamaging everyone but the heavy once I get going.

Attached: 1508535800806.jpg (1191x670, 82K)

I meant the wrench. But i'm too poor for more cosmetics. I do enjoy the base game however.

>SOtist and DMCfag
my nigga

>the wrench
Mann Up or trading?

because they want you to be "optimal" and play soldier, demo, scout, heavy ,medic , engineer

Game isn't dead though, hence the thread topic

Community market

>SOtist
I don't know what this means

Attached: 1551814353463.png (800x900, 813K)

I can't really choose a map since if I only select one and it's not 2fort I may be stuck to waiting for anywhere from 15min-eternity, so I'll have to select all "normal" gamemodes and maps to get reasonable search times. I'll end up in 2fort anyways and the round has already ended.

I can't choose anymore which team I want to be and get thrown around by autobalance based on where it thinks I can carry whatever team is losing, but that won't happen since even thought I played since the near start (missed my gold medal by few weeks, yes I'm still somewhat salty over it, fucking jews gave me a german no gore version and delivered it almost a fucking month late), I won't be carrying anything since I almost exclusively fuck about with spy behind enemy line since I have lost any and all incentive to care what team wins thanks to autobalance. The best version of balance was when players could swap teams as they pleased. Sure, sometimes that resulted in stacked matches but more often than not someone swapped to underpowered team to balance things out. The selected """volunteer""" system was fucked and so is the current one, since again, it seems to think I will somehow care enough to flip team with 0 total points into a one that has a change. Even if I wanted to do that I would be often playing against 5-7 proper players and I can't be everywhere at once godfuckingdammit.
TLDR; I spy and bully f2p engineers.

Attached: I DO VIDYA.png (700x900, 653K)

Reminder that I'll never stop

Attached: 9hj2e0kj5lb11.png (899x570, 161K)

>heavy
>engineer
>optimal

Attached: dm.jpg (750x733, 82K)

Demo's a fucking meme, though. Even pyro can do Demo's job now that the gas passer exists, and Pyro/Sniper is arguably a way better choice now than Demo/Soldier just because of the double AoE fuckery you get with the Gas Passer and Hitman's Heatmaker, plus you also get airblast shenanigans on top of that.
Fuck, you don't even really need a scout if you have a half-decent team, since all money by an explosive headshot automatically gets collected upon despawning.

MvM meta is fucking gay.

Fuck wait nevermind, Stone Ocean, I'm dumb.

>I may be stuck to waiting for anywhere from 15min-eternity,
Are European servers that much more populated? I get always get match within a minute even with small amount of maps checked.

I feel that.

Attached: 1536012351330.png (395x363, 195K)

That's some good shit, got any more webms?

Attached: 1497816171983.jpg (250x341, 73K)

>It just recently got the highest player count peak, toppling a record from six years ago.
Valve is artificially inflating the numbers. This game is fucking dead compared to 6 years ago.

Attached: 1543672640700.jpg (1368x1536, 137K)

Started playing in 2007, recently dropped OW and picked TF2 up.
Nobody is having fun playing OW.

It's a timeless game.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 2.20.37 PM.png (1920x1080, 509K)

Bots
pcgamesn.com/team-fortress-2/team-fortress-2-player-count-smissmas-2018

>According to Teamwork.tf, only 14,278 people were actually playing.
That's over 100,000 bots.

Attached: 1538111928412.png (297x310, 77K)

>3000+ bots
>when there is no point to idling anymore and you dont need to be in-game to trade

I highly doubt this is accurate.

Attached: who's that pokemon.png (326x326, 8K)

Attached: 1522874927472.jpg (512x512, 59K)

It's a nice to go back to a FPS where keyboard buttons don't instantly kill you.

Boomers who haven't play in eight years still think you can get anything more than a penny (or sellable) from your 7-per-week item drop limit. There is no reason for bots to exist, I would sooner chalk it up to faulty measurement.

Attached: extraction.jpg (1280x720, 302K)

Anybody wanna play, or

Attached: 1545006755277.jpg (534x644, 56K)

based

Attached: 1542852015540.jpg (1024x569, 127K)

youtube.com/watch?v=erlS8MuxsGI&bpctr=1552549338

TF2 is like the only multiplayer game you can go in, do a bunch of random dumb shit and not get instant banned for it.
The only reason I quit was the fucking russian scammers constant flocking to me trying to steal my shiny metal pan on fire. I had my steam profile blocked and they still followed me every where I go.

>shiny metal pan on fire
you mean your golden pan?

Based and Redpilled.

>Pyro/Sniper is arguably a way better choice now than Demo/Soldier
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>got a clean Voodoo Juju and Horseless Headless Headtaker when the trading glitch was available
>getting $100 offers
should I cash out or keep it in my inventory?

>50,000 players today
wtf, it's going back up. I haven't played it in 3 years, but now i kinda want to return.

Balloon race. Red. Ambassador spy pre-nerf

Honestly, I'm quite sketchy about that. I'm not really sure if it's alive or dead.
>All friends who used to play 24/7 haven't logged on Steam in years
>Matchmaking always puts in empty servers
>All regular servers are empty or dead
Of course it's just my experience, everytime I hit it up, It puts me in some 3v6 games. It feels dead but I'm not sure.

It was the soldier's sauce pan but with a glowing red flame effect.
During the hat craze people were going apeshit over it, literally handing over their entire collection for it.
Then I would get about 14 friend requests a day, all russian scammers saying they'll pay $400 for the hat via paypal. I was already warned about it beforehand, so I had to make my steam account private. It didn't stop them, apparently they could track player's inventory and search for their money makers.
Got tired of it, uninstalled the game, and said I would return to the game when the hat craze died down. That was 7 years ago. Game is still uninstalled.

Who is paying you to spew lies?

>banana hat
I remember when this sent people into a rage
Now it's this

Attached: 690B5DD81ABE10A1E9038436C0362CF5110A2457.png (1100x619, 401K)

>any map
>Random
>Question Mark

I'll never understand how those play-doh glasses were allowed to make it into the game

Style without glasses actually fits the game's aesthetic better than most hats since 2014.

Attached: YO IMUNA SAY THE FREAKIN N WORD.png (267x352, 83K)

>soldier's sauce pan but with a glowing red flame effect
apparently it's 77 keys in backpack.tf to buy

>buy
I mean sell to bots

Name another shooter to play

OH WAIT YOU CAN'T

Attached: hatless.jpg (225x225, 5K)

kill me

Attached: Untitled.png (519x83, 7K)

Later.

Attached: 7d29c89fcc58982a53c67c973d2fe0174bc58ee5_hq.jpg (786x851, 65K)

Fortnite custom games will be the new tf2 golden days, just wait.

Attached: 1403228105867.jpg (797x718, 275K)

every single time

Attached: 15515267237237.png (500x562, 560K)

Dude just sell all your steam cards and get some keys from the market.

>tf2 battle royale

>Fortnite
Get with the times, grandpa. There's a new flavor this month.

Attached: Untitled.png (758x424, 717K)

I'd rather just straight up buy / trade for the cosmetics I want. No reason for me to gamble.

I'd legit watch 12v12 comp

>Already dead
Okay

>Fortnite
>flavor of the month
Fortnite was on top for over a year and still arguably is. Just accept it mate.

especially when trading cosmetics is cheaper than gambling

Yeah man, there's like only 1000 concurrent viewers on twitch! Shouldn't it be like a dead game or something???

Do you think Artifact's player count taking a HUGE MASSIVE FUCKING DOGSHIT OUT THE ASS!!!! will encourage Valve to actually maintain their existing successful franchises like TF2?

Attached: 1527154927316.jpg (280x280, 12K)

I know several people that I was shocked to find out play it, since they're all ultra normalfags. I've got several friends who used to be big Overwatch fags but got sick of all the gay shit in it and migrated to TF2 as well. I was surprised to find out how many people are still playing TF2, but it makes sense considering Overwatch players seem to be jumping ship and TF2 is similar enough but better in just about every way.

Well yeah I didn't say anything about uncrating. Keys go on backpack tf.

lol no

Artifact is failing because Valve literally forgot they made it.

Attached: Loadout.png (1200x1500, 777K)

>the look on people's faces when they ask me if I play Fortnite / Apex and I tell them I still play TF2.

Attached: 1498362197006.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

>I just want to listen to Jamiroquai and click on robot heads as Sniper without people bitching at me,
Have a high tour count.

another epic win for the white man

Attached: 1297986116793_ORIGINAL.jpg (520x480, 26K)

What are some fun custom servers that still have people on? All my favorites are completely dead besides the two trade servers I'd sometimes go on.

Fortnite sucks, I tried it and it was fucking boring

Unironically based update

There's a Yea Forums server that people jump on every weekend.

OMG GYUSE NOBODY ON TWITCH IS STREAMING TF2, WHO THE FUCK WOULD PLAY THIS GAME FOR ENJOYMENT AND NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE SPONSORED TO DO IT AND TO GET VIEWERS!!?!?!
W
T
F

Do people play MvM? I got really into it a few years ago in college but even then it'd take 10+ minutes to find a match, sometimes I'd go a whole night not finding one.

They forgot about TF2 but it still maintains a steady player count somehow.

youtube.com/watch?v=pL6Oc07xSzw

vocaroo.com/i/s0HHms8CCONq

Attached: 1543860966197.png (540x540, 403K)

I played MvM pretty regularly from early 2017 to late 2018 then my coworker got me OW so I'm playing that now. But when I get bored of it and get back into TF2 I'll probably play MvM again.

I love that you still sometimes meet a day 1 install sniper who seems to think his smg is a CoD assault rifle.

Does the L'etranger still give you DR cloak on hit? I know it can't be refilled with ammo boxes/dispensers anymore.

I remembered being that one spy who just won't go away. If I had 5-6 people just looking for me then I did my job.

It's false numbers, I get the same people every single night playing casual with every single playlist checked including stuff like medieval and payload race. Outside of that the only populated servers are 24/7 tf2, turbine, jail RP, freak fortress, deathrun, and Russian servers all totaling a few hundred players at most when you actually count it.

Data bad
My anecdote good

yeah it's literally 80% bots

this, and I play literally every day

Please tell me what a bot does in TF2 in 2019. Go on, display your ignorance.

they're usually organized in private because the game's pop is so low.

exp, items, etc.. are you new?

post hours

Attached: Tf2 playtime.png (623x347, 96K)

Item drops cutrently amount to less than 2 cents a week, not even covering electricity costs of running a bot. Ignorance displayed.

Bots frequently log on and off, maintenance bots, trading bots, storage bots, they queue in game and run the game sometimes, half the entire in-game community are trading bots, the # went up after the 7-day hold for CSGO it's easier to transfer currency with tf2 keys.

Some people even made them invade casual at one point. I remember when some games you literally had to quit because only 5 people were non-bots, or that time servers were simultaneously invaded with 10 bots voting to kick people and shit.

>heavy with med, another med running on his own swinging ubersaw, scout, engie and his pybro vehemently chasing me down to the other side of the map
>my entire team is alive
>YOU FAIL
what the fuck

It's true. Though I feel worse about myself wasting 1000+ hours on overwatch.

Attached: 1526018584171.png (1920x1080, 1.73M)

Attached: spy paranoia.webm (570x318, 2.23M)

I know its unlikely but I really feel like a new team fortress that valve actually tried at would do really really well at this point.

Attached: agapemikeislookinggood.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

I feel like Halo will actually kill TF2. I'm not even kidding, this might seriously happen. It will be nothing but bots and those with 6,000 hours left who are too bitter to leave.

>I feel like a paid game will kill a free one

>asks questions
>guy answers your questions
>durhurrr thank for ansurrrr
absolute brainlet retard

Attached: retard.jpg (454x550, 32K)

I actually play because it's the only decent FPS that doesn't play like CoD or a BR like Battlefield, CSGO, Fortnite, the dozen CoDs etc. I feel like this is why a lot of people still stick with it as well, but that might change soon.
but then again I literally never bothered with cosmetics despite having thousands of hours.

Just fucking wear some 1 ref well rounded rifleman so I can tell you apart from Pablo.minecraft2007 at a glance.
t. medic

>Dota chess
Lmao stupid streamer meme

i played me some TFC. i fucking loved the conc skills maps. they were hard as fuck but it was really rewarding when you made a difficult jump.

i always saw the pro's as litteral gods lol

>DUDE YOU DIDNT PLAY BANANALAND LIKE ME U HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK!!! I KNOW WHAT REAL GAMIGN IS...BANANLAAAAAND!
*pukes*

You're right, even if I'm top score for both rounds I very rarely get pocketed. I actually don't even have the gibus for whatever reason, this is my second steam account and I didn't get certain gibs. I wear the nu-gibbus stuff like the tophats with steam stuff on them.

Literally the most balanced F2P game ever made. Stock weapons are king with the handful of exceptions such as medic's bonesaw, but alot of the good upgrades like the Ubersaw can be gotten by achievements.
Also while it technically no longer makes it truly "free", the bloated economy is a boom for new players. Pretty sure if you buy 1 key for like 2 bucks and trade it into the 30+ refined its worth you can buy every weapon in the game from a scrapbot.

yeap, tfc was a good game. *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip*

>medic being a retard
>call him a fucking retard in voice chat
>starts healing
works every time

Keys sell for like 44 ref, or 396 scrap. There's only about 140 weapons in the game. You could buy all the weapons in the game five times from a scrapbot for the price of a key.

the hat economy has really gone down the shitter lol
I miss when keys were 2.33 ref and earbuds were the main currency for unusuals

I'm glad buds are worthless, fuck ifags

Yeah I really underestimated it, thought there was alot more. Fuck I remember when keys were like 2 ref flat, shits nuts, wish theyd fix the economy.
Regardless, TF2 is fucking crazy for new players and I wish it was a bit more popular. For 2 fucking dollars you can have every weapon in the game and access to a ton of the cosmetics, albeit nothing fancy, but thats still insane when compared to every other f2p game with "premium items."

it's more like people realized that keys were undervalued as fuck especially compared to something that was literally infinite like metal. Keys are what make the whole market go in the first place

Cats and Max's heads going strong!

>ITS THE BOTS!
idleing and bots got the boot a year or two ago loser and yet its still got a decent amount of players and even peaked recently with one of the christmas updates. try and keep up.

Sad part is they they could, or at least couldve fixed it.
I had this idea once of Valve putting in a metal smelting contest or some shit. Give you a medal or a hat and the more metal you fed it, it would get whackier and more crazy. People wouldve gone nuts for that shit, and you KNOW the crazy ass whale-tier collector fags wouldve been inhaling all the useless metal from scrapbots and shit.
Probably not a permanent fix but damn it would bring things back to normalcy, it would take one "Spring Cleaning" update.

Damn I got a good laugh out of this

Maxs Heads I remember, wtf are Cats?

Based

the smart trader fags would just stock up on a fuck ton of metal and keep it for after the contest

Catastrophic companions, the most expensive all class pet cosmetic. Stranges are like 90 keys.

Yeah but metal would still be more desirable.
The problem is now that refined literally had no endgame. Theres nothing to do with it. Even keys have it better cause addicts use it for unboxing.

>a 10 year old masterpiece isn't talked about every minute in Yea Forums

woowie

I play it almost daily or weekly since 2009 and I love it

Do you know how to read? Or do basic math?

>Total players i game-12085
>Total bots2617+980 =3597
>12085/3597=3.36
>3.36*100%=33.6%

So at that point in time about 34% of players were bots.

third worlders who don't have the most powerful computers and want to play a mechanically decent game

>people quoting numbers from 3rd party sites
You guys do know 3rd parties can no longer fetch Euro profiles due to GDPR?

this

that just happens in halloween

g'day mate

Attached: 20190314041826_1.jpg (1360x768, 89K)

>Still no final comic

Attached: you are now attacking.png (800x800, 627K)

I literally just quit the game due to an autobalance just before my team capped last. Every single fucking night with this shit.

impossible because valve doesn't give ashit about tf2, try again

I played ow for like 4 days, got bored, picked tf2 again

well, they are tasteless scum

ip?

It's a great game that can run on toasters and is literally free. It won't ever die until at least TF3 comes out.

>that can run on toasters

Attached: Heavy grin.jpg (1277x659, 153K)

The Schadenfreude is the greatest piece of animation in gaming.

Attached: How it feels to play Spy.webm (1280x720, 1.85M)

What's more insulting
>Schadenfreude in killcam
>Sniper waving in killcam
>Anyone giving a thumbs up by saying Thanks in killcam

pure ludo

I was playing with you someday, nice.

Spy main. Reporting in.

WHERE ARE MY plr_Hightower BOYS?

Attached: 1552472543720.jpg (356x299, 16K)

"Thanks" by far. If you're gonna taunt have the balls to commit to a few seconds of an animation.

this

>Please stop pushing the cart
>Please remove your sentry
>Please let me do my epic trolldier jumps
>Trolldier want to kick you

Attached: b80.jpg (680x810, 46K)

>that guy taunting with a Spy walking up behind him
every time

Thanks isn't that insulting. To begin with, you never know if it's even a taunt or genuine thanks for an assist or someshit.

Are you fucking stupid? We have a TF2 almost everyday.

Attached: mr bean.png (903x903, 775K)

I think they've said before that they're trying to find a metal sink that wouldn't get abused in some way, causing more problems than it fixes.

>that one good sniper that shoots down trolldiers like it's duck hunt
>that one friendly heavy at the top of the tower throwing out sammies
>those 2 hoovies right outside spawn, for both spawns
>that one demoknight on the ground who's always at 10 heads
>those pyros that are waiting near the cliff for airblast kills
>that weeb spy that keeps trying to jump stab from the top of the tower
>that one degenerate Fagtier Justice+Mini Engie
>that group of scouts that will always push the Kart

I love Hightower

Attached: giphy-1.gif (400x225, 997K)

cute

Attached: mmh.png (342x534, 52K)

>Artist has said she hasn't even started to work on it

Attached: Ubermunchkin_1357459941.gif (500x275, 542K)

I refuse to believe that it's true, proof please
I beg you

Schadenfreude in killcam, without a doubt. That's someone so confident and so cocky that they'll dedicate some 7 seconds of being completely open to be attacked, just to rub salt in the wound.
Doesn't help that every merc has a shit eating grin when it comes to the Schadenfreude.

can people see them ? I think we can't see tags anymore, so why would they allow that ?

Because there isn't much to discuss outside of needed pyro buffs. It's still a fantastic game and anyone with an ounce of taste agrees so we can't have threadlong shitfits. Same reason Yea Forums and Yea Forums never talk about excellent games and movies.

>Arena servers with matchmaking never
Why the fuck is it the ONLY mode with no dedicated servers?

Even garbage like Mannpower and PASS Time which nobody gives a shit about has servers.

Attached: who killed Dell.png (2036x2758, 1.97M)

Can back this up, it takes me 10 seconds tops to find a fully populated 12v12 game. And we have threads literally a week apart at most, normally daily.

Why is OP so confused about an F2P game designed by Valve in its heyday being enduringly popular? Just because it's not streamerbait doesn't mean people don't play

makanidotdot.tumblr.com/post/183034248261/not-to-be-inconvenient-or-rude-but-if-you-were

Attached: Only_the_dead_can_know_peace_from_this_evil.jpg (500x490, 48K)

who the fuck even plays mannpowerand pass time?

I want to die

Attached: 1530851785462.jpg (400x684, 32K)

Not before the final comic is released. You must endure, we must know how Helen will survive.
My theory is that Sniper's mom's rocketship will crash land and give her enough Australium to keep on living.

>that one Scout with absolutely no items topping the scoreboard

fuck off nigger retard

>Couple days ago on 2fort
>Everyone is playing casually while being friendly, talking in chat about random stuff
>A hoovy complains about a sniper who keeps killing him
>Hoovy "I DEMAND A TRIAL"
>Somehow the server actually organizes itself in front of the red base as if it were a trial
>A demo places stickies on the bridge as the security detail against a wm1 pyro, likely f2p, who wasn't in on the joke
>For about 10 minutes we're discussing who's the twelve peers, who are the lawyers and who's the audience
>A soldier changes his name to The Judge
>"Sniper, how do you plea"
>While the sniper is typing, the hoovy does a taunt kill on the sniper
>All hell breaks loose with people typing "HE MURDERED HIM"
We went back to a friendly match. A lot of people by the end were adding everyone to their friends list. Weirdest match I had for a long time but it reminded me why I love TF2. Weird shit like this can happen very spontaneously.

Attached: 2f7.jpg (1280x1024, 685K)

was that a casual game or a community server ?

Casual. It was about an hour into the match, still 0-0. By this point I find that a lot of 2fort matches just go friendly and will play along with any joke you want. I was actually surprised by how many people, outside of the f2p pyro, were playing along with the joke. There was also a moment where a scout in the audience started a conga and the judge just said "Will the audience please settle down and stop dancing. This is a mann's life on the line."

good games never die
>Look at overwatch

Honestly the average 2fort game goes on for 2 hours. Might as well do that

>Couple days ago on 2fort
stopped reading there
play a real map shitter

Didn't feel like playing anything more serious. Set up my buildings, Rancho Relaxo in a corner and see a scout getting killed by it every time.

pl_Badwater - Home.

based

Attached: badwater tf2.jpg (1600x1067, 325K)

Schadenfreude by far, Nothing rubs people to hell and back as much as the sound of soldiers wheezing laugh

>Why the fuck is it the ONLY mode with no dedicated servers?
Because even Mannpower and PASS Time have more people giving a shit about them than the amount of people who give a shit about Arena.
Mannpower has powerups and grapple hooks. PASS Time has bouncy pads and soccer balls. Arena? Arena has a longer time to respawn.

>not spamming C>7 everytime the opponent misses

I go back to it when depressed.

hi that was me, get fucked

That and Upward are my go to when i want to take the game a little seriously

But im usually hopping on community 24/7 AllTalk Hightower servers

Borneo doesn't get enough love.

Helen and Olivia know each other, Olivia was using Grey to get Australium to stay young

Because it's bad

I'm sure Olivia will play a big part but it seems like all the australium of the world is gone. And we still don't really know who Olivia is, in the grand scheme of things.

>Want to get back into playing TF2
>Seems like the only way to play normal TF2 is via Casual Mode, as every community server is either Trade or some dumbfuck mode like Vs. Saxton Hale or shit-tier gimmick maps like Wacky Races.

Attached: 1310950089263.jpg (400x225, 60K)

how?

>dude trees with giant hitboxes lmao
>dude low skybox lmao
>dude no open areas lmao

This.

Even if the bot only goes online and joins on one(1) match for testing purposes, that that is one more new account counting towards the player numbers, and these bots do not work alone. The serious ones are more akin to hives and they have keep generating new accounts for each individual drone. The most famous example was the CatBot that got repurposed for cheats.

The income from single bot is next to nothing, so you need hundreds or even thousands to make it worth your while, and it seems like they are starting to get serious about their networks. Each and every test result in thousands new accounts and chances are that VAC will never detect or ban them, so the numbers keep bloating.

Attached: 1544400965555.gif (720x720, 360K)

What? The map is 5 open areas back to back.

Basically
I mean, if you like it, cool i guess. But the majority agree that it's pretty shit

Top 3 PL maps are

Badwater
Upward
Goldrush

>goldrush
God I almost took you seriously for a moment. Why don't you and fucking hoodoo while you're at it.

How many Ref is 1 key? Like 50ish right

Hoodoo is #4

Im guessing you're a seething Barnblitz fag?

>playing
Half of them are idlers.

about 41

>pyrofag ruins the fun
every time

So you berate a huge open map like Borneo for "no open areas" while listing two of the game's biggest chokepoint fests as favorites.

lime scunt with lenny binds and schaundenfreude

Former TF2 pro player. The game is dead and here is why.

Valve. Valve has shown no interest in breathing life into the game. We say "This weapon is useless and needs rebalancing", we get hats. We say "We need to be able to votekick players on the other team when they start hacking", we get forced team balancing with no way to opt out or return to the same team as the rest of our party. We ask for them to fix the tutorial so people can actually learn how to play the game without having to dumpster dive through a plethora of Uncle Dane, Mr Slin, Mr Paladin, ArraySeven, Soundsmith, LazyPurple, or FUNKe videos teaching basic skills like "how to spycheck" or "invisibility =/= nobody knows you exist". What do we get? Cosmetic crates.

It's simple what the community wants. They want frequent updates that aren't just "updated localization files and added X season medals". They want communication from the TF2 team (where's that heavy update guys?!?). They want the tutorial, request a coach, and competitive matchmaking to be taken seriously. Some of us just want Source Filmmaker to be updated to use the latest version of the source engine! But valve remain tight lipped, the tf2 dev team remains on suicide watch, and the content remains on a drip feed. Players have since migrated to other games, like CS:GO, Overwatch, R6 Siege, Fortnite, and now Apex Legends. If the game is to survive, it needs to be treated like it just released. Double, nay, triple the dev team with experienced developers (even community developers on contracts), release bi-weekly news updates on the status of content updates, and fix the shit we've been crying about for nearly a decade, and the game will thrive.

>Half of them are idlers.
the drop system doesn't work like that anymore though

All pl maps are chokepoint fests lmao
The fuck you on about

No but it drives up the popularity of idle servers and helps real players grind those strange weapons to hales own.

Everything up to
>competitive to be taken seriously
Was good.
No, let the 3rd parties handle it. The difference between casual pubs and lobbies are huge and really cant be bridged. Plus it isnt even critical to the game's survival.

possibly low skybox is true, but not sure how big tree hitboxes is such an issue considering there's only maybe 2 trees that affect gameplay on the whole map, and the entire map is FULL of open areas
>Top 3: Goldrush
Oh you were baiting this whole time. Don't do that user.

Congrats, you copied the other user's meme viewpoint.

Fine
Goldrush is dropped
Replaced with SwiftWater or Frontier for the casual crowd

The scroll wheel on my mouse broke which class can I play using using the number row to switch weapons that wouldn't put me at an immediate disadvantage

You should really only use the numbers to quickly change, for any class. Using the mouse wheel puts you at a disadvantage because you're not going to be as quick to change weapons as using the numbers.

Well it sure doesn't work for engi I accidentally broke my sentry by going too far forward and hitting the demolish key and after trying to switch back to my shotgun

The non-shitpost PL map ranking is, from best to worst:
>Upward (being a bit overplayed and having a few slight sniper sightlines are its only flaws, does something for every class)
>Badwater (See above)
>Snowycoast (comfy, good side routes, mix of open and closed areas)
>Borneo (room to move, i am disappointed the cart never stops at mid though)
>Thunder Mountain (a lot of wasted space but fun to play on)
>Swiftwater
>Frontier (the most mid-tier PL map, the central hill brings it down a lot but it has impressive aesthetics and some nice gimmicks)
>Enclosure (what even is this map)
>Barnshitz (lol what if we let you shoot into BLU's spawn and made the first and last points impossible to lose as RED unless you were literally retarded)
>Goldrushed (some very, very nasty chokes and single spawn door layouts lead to always disappointing matches)
>Poodoo i won't lie though I have some nostalgia for it, but it is just bad, take all the flaws of other maps and put them in to create this corridor shooter
And the bonus round:
>Cactus Canyon: please come back

Attached: stock engineer.png (300x458, 187K)

>join jailbreak server
>have original name that routinely draws attention
>someone on the server steals the name
>that someone is a server regular
>people now have us confused and think im the imposter
>the nigger tries to copy my name and send me a friend req
>porchmonkey probably aiming to do some phishing
>report the profile for impersonation

Attached: i HAVE the n-word pass.png (1242x1249, 1.32M)

Put Swiftwater at 3rd at you pretty much got it.

Attached: 1552560638994m.jpg (1024x819, 95K)

Learn to use the numbers, memorize what each class has for each number. It'll improve your game tenfold, you won't accidentally be holding the pda when you wanted the shotgun, you won't suddenly have the disguise kit when you wanted the revolver, you won't suddenly pull out a sandwich when you meant to get the minigun, etc. After a while it becomes second nature and you'll switch seemelessly between weapons, no matter the class.

It's not a meme viewpoint. Goldrush has two incredibly bad single choke corridors with no alternate side route on its last stage at cap 1 as well as cap 2. It also encourages really bad spawncamping on stage 1 which always ruins matches and empties servers (I have seen so many stage 1 games end in RED trapped in their spawn as a player on both sides) because Valve didn't put multiple spawn exits for the transtitional spawns.
It gets pity points for having a comfy aesthetic and being Valve's earliest experiment with Payload. But apart from that it's not a very good PL map for anything except switching off your brain and spamming stickies into a choke for an hour.

is that filename a reference to
>i HAVE the car
?

>farming stranges
lmao

I prefer badwater over upward. Last point is much more open, sniper isn't nearly as cancer, and no fucking cliffs to get airblasted off of. Rest I mostly agree with though I think barnblitz deserves a higher score. It's pretty good overall but that last point is horrendous. Thundermountain likewise is pretty good but stage 3 ruins the entire map for me. Frontier belongs in the garbage between that stupid fucking cart and awful second and last point.

Attached: soldier scout cats.jpg (749x720, 142K)

Also how to defend goldrush 3rd
>send 1 spy to destroy porters
>you win

swiftwater is an fps killer, also fuck those flanks.

There are always tf2 threads. Perhaps you think they're just shitposting

>fps killer
I run TF2 on a toaster and never get fps issues on swiftwater
>flanks
That's half the fun

Attached: images.jpeg-71.jpg (554x554, 23K)

The vast majority, unironically, are bots, idlers, and multiple accounts. When Steam did a purge of them back in 2018, masskicking every idle account they could find, the player count dropped from some 55,000 to 20,000. It's also a free game, and the meme of rodrigo.spanish2008 usernames is very much truthful.

I'd say that nobody who played it in the old days plays it anymore, mainly because it fucking sucks these days and is pretty much dead development-wise.

Badwater in general isn't as good for all classes as Upward is. For example, with the close quarters on Upward last you can get into shenanigans as Spy, Pyro or Scout because there's a lot of walls to utilize. But Badwater's last pit being so open means that a Soldier, Sniper or another Engineer on the outside of the pit can see absolutely everything going in on the pit. There's no safe way to play close quarters on Badwater because you're going to need to take an open approach to the pit eventually and there's just 0 cover in there.

Also, Sniper is a LOT more cancer on Badwater last than Upward last, because on Upward you can at least get close enough to return pressuring fire to him. But on Badwater he can sit outside his spawn door and see the cart from a million miles away.
I will admit though Upward middle cliff and spawn have nasty Sniper sightlines, but if we're being fair so does Badwater spawn.

Overall I think both are great maps but Upward does the job of catering to all classes just slightly better, whereas Badwater has a bit more favouritism to Soldier and Sniper.
Pretty much this, yeah. Some Payload maps are fairly reliant on teles but on Goldrush it gets fucking ridiculous.
In fact, pretty much any winning strategy for RED on Goldrush involves some kind of spawncamping.

Attached: 1551683519060.jpg (500x490, 46K)

>When Steam did a purge of them back in 2018, masskicking every idle account they could find, the player count dropped from some 55,000 to 20,000
Where on the chart did this occur? Can you point it out for me?
steamcharts.com/app/440
>mainly because it fucking sucks these days
It has a high skill ceiling, great game design, enormous customizability with cosmetics and modding and custom content, and huge range of stuff to do.
I'm not really seeing how it's meant to "fucking suck". It's literally the best multiplayer FPS on the market.

Attached: toldier.jpg (3840x2160, 418K)

Shred alert with showstopper unusual effect

he wont because it didnt happen

Do crates just not drop anymore? I got back into tf2 after like 8 years of not paying and decided to open a crate once a month but I haven't seen a single crate yet

>mosin-nagant
>shotgun
No

what is the heavy shooting at

I get crates daily on login. I've never bought keys.

I think the current thing dropping now is the Winter 2018 cases.

My favourite game, played over thousands of hours

I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE VIDEO THIS PIC IS FROM! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

>close quarters
>good for spy and scout
u wot

>primary mwheel up
>seconday mwheel down
>melee q

fight me

With Scout I moreso meant that the close approaches to the point with lots of cover allow him to try and push without instantly being assraped by Sentries. There's a lot of walls everywhere and that allows him to be close to the action as an attacker, but without being in Sentry sightlines.

youtube.com/watch?v=b550jyzGj5Y&feature=youtu.be

> used to always play on a 24/7 endless convey server
> always 12 - 32 people online, regardless of time
> stop play for a year
> come back, its empty
> another year, still dead
> later, server offline
I loved those people. Friendly without being a faggot hugbox.

pl_cashworks
Blu
Spy, sometimes soldier

CLOWNTOWN is a fun server and genuinely one of the best in the game right now, even if half of the whole god damn server chooses sniper or pyro.

Attached: Spy Searing Plasma Loadout.png (475x889, 277K)

I recently discovered a payload server like that (in the sense of high pop and friendly without being too gay) which popped up in AU out of fucking nowhere, it's pretty good

why does this make people seethe? that hairstyle is pretty damn fitting for the time period the game takes place in.

I mean... At least they will have a good game to play. I remember starting tf2 at 15 in 2010.

It kill me that most people don't know about all the lore and the comics, some don't even know the meet the videos.

Attached: tumblr_m1ntf3TYEA1ql3a4xo1_250.gif (245x274, 974K)

>that hairstyle is pretty damn fitting for the time period the game takes place in
show me one single example of that hairstyle being worn by anyone in the 1965-1969 time period. I actually want to be proven wrong.

halo has absolutely no relation to TF2, what are you talking about? That's like saying street fighter will kill smash bros.

You’re shitting on badwater for its last pit but not Upward? Nigga Red has to have 3 engineers to win since it takes forever for Blu to coordinate just one ubered assault and even then a pyro can fuck over the uber.

>Nigga Red has to have 3 engineers to win
That goes for literally, literally any Payload map. More than 2 Engineers will break pretty much any pub gamemode. People just cannot muster the level of coordination to deal with multiple Level 3 Sentries with separate knockback juggling them around the place.

Just use the no hats mod

I'd rather push badwater last than upward last any day. Open areas are way better because you have room to dodge spam, upward you're forced through a tiny ass chokepoint no matter what you do while demos ran stickies on you from the balcony and the ramp at the end forces you to sit right behind the cart where as on badwater you can weave around it to juke out enemies.

hate all the hats and alternate weapons honestlyexcept demoknoght, hes cool desu. vanilla forever

>Started playing just a little bit too late to get cheater's lament
>I'll never make a God loadout

Attached: 1337977993262.jpg (208x208, 7K)

where is the evidence

they look different, they sound different, they walk different, they're different heights, i mean come on

Is tf2lobby still a thing?

I mean, it's not far off.

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1400, 2.02M)

Maybe our experiences differ but to me it plays out like this
>Upward last: Get behind cart, have decent cover and a medium health pack right nearby, can make it all the way if nobody engages you in close quarters combat. You also have multiple convenient spam angles on the Sentries from up in the tiles in each window, or the front door, or the door near the health, or below the boards if you're Demo.
>Badwater last: Touch cart, get sniped from 2000mi away by a Sniper sitting safe tucked in his spawn door. You only have two spam angles on the Sentries, one of which is right outside the enemy spawn on the ledge, the other of which is at a height disadvantage to the enemy team.
Agree to disagree I guess, I still think they are both good maps.

>vanilla forever
Game would have the playerbase of Fortress Forever if they put people like you in charge. They hated change with that fan remake and look how they turned out.
A lot of the cosmetics are garbage but there are good ones too, and a lot of good weapon unlocks like Gunboats or sticky jumper that provide fun playstyle variety

Do people unironically believe TF2 is set in the 80s or are you just pretending to be retarded?

undercuts are also known as hitler youth haircuts

I've heard people refer to 80's movies/television as 60's movies/television

You're thinking of side parts though, and TF2 is set in 1968, World War 2 occurred 1939-1945

It's called the Millennial Mercenary. Clearly they aren't trying to justify it within the timeline.

>yet there are no threads up about
We have daily threads about the game on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1549797269016.jpg (570x604, 99K)

well there are 1940 style hats, but none of those haircuts look like this

see normally I'd say "sure do that" but there are issues with that. I'm mainly working on ozfortress as a reference guide here but as I understand it this applies to eutf2l and the american leagues. There's a strong stench of elitism in the tf2 comp leagues, where prem or div 1 players will do actively toxic shit especially against open/inter or lower div players. Even going as far to do a literal pub stomp with their entire 6s roster and talking shit to kids who probably just picked up the game (further causing the game to die).

I actually had my inter team fall apart when a prem player started stream sniping my roamer while he was playing a different game, talking shit the whole time, and when I called him out on it in the ozfort discord, i was told to fuck off with my drama to another server or DMs. When I took it to a pug discord, i found out this prem kid had admin perms and immediately banned me from the server the moment I called him out on being pathetic. He then spun a tale that painted me to be the scumbag and all his prem buddies started bullying my team, so they disbanded to avoid the harassment.

Now sure, fixing comp matchmaking wont fix this. But here's what I think it will fix. I think that it will provide an entry level, less serious than ozfort or eutf2l, where they can get a taste of the 6v6 format. It needs to be promoted with the same metas and banlists as other established leagues, and hopefully this will lead to less friendlies vs tryhard scenarios in casual. Basically turning comp matchmaking into "casual competitive".

TLDR; let the toxic tryhards stick to their containment zones, provide an area for those curious about 6v6 to casually familiarize themselves with it.

is it too hard to imagine an edgy new yorker in 1968 sporting a hitler youth haircut

Fine, then have a google pic from "70s haircut" which is literally that scout hair but a bit flatter.

Attached: sharp-classic-slicked-back-hairstyle-for-guys.jpg (600x600, 36K)

Can't you literally change a cvar to turn it off?

I wanna fuck this loli

You're in luck, she's a former prostitute in her show.

>You also have multiple convenient spam angles on the Sentries
Same goes for badwater except the flank is much more open so you don't instantly die if somebody comes around the corner and the sentries are too far away to target you. Not to mention you have height advantage in all spots, upward gives you no height advantage at all. Healthkit on upward last is pointless when what is most likely going to be killing you is a sticky trap or a pyro airblasting you off rather than chip damage. The full healthkit on badwater last tends to be more useful.
>Touch cart, get sniped from 2000mi away by a Sniper sitting safe tucked in his spawn door
If there are snipers sitting on the right you can either go map room or go demo and throw stickies over the 2nd point wall. If there are snipers on the left you go tire. Upward sightline is weaker but you have to bring a counter sniper to deal with him because the default sentry spot covers him.
>You only have two spam angles on the Sentries
Map room, stairwell, tower, top spawn. It's much easier to spawncamp the top spawns which helps immensely. Spawncamping on upward last is much harder.

To be fair to get the most out of these angles you need a good soldier on your team who can flank. I mostly play soldier so that's my preference.

>Undercuts are a 70's cut

Undercuts are way older than the 70s, and they're not period related to the 70s.

Ok so what evidence exactly do you require that the scout hair fits the game's time period?

The thing with coaching is that it's a good idea but I don't see it being possible within an actual match. The game is too chaotic to properly teach on the stop, and simply saying go here, shoot there, defend that, doesn't amount to anything. It'd be like having the Jump Academy in the middle of a match.
I think a good compromise would be that the coaching system would put you in a private server with the student, a map like the walkway to help players understand the intracasies of TF2. Stuff like spotting spies when and after they leave the water, or the smoke you leave behind after changing disguse, trying to teach game sense, etc. I still get accusations of wallhacks just because these players don't realize that going invisible doesn't mean you can't be found, or how to avoid sniper sightlines, or that the rocket jumper DOESN'T DO DAMAGE. This one always gets me.

Attached: 779449152545caa8a991cb6557497da92e2b2492_00.jpg (512x217, 16K)

>RIP Arena mode
>RIP FUG
>RIP the others I can’t remember
Best mode

Attached: E0447230-A6D3-40ED-8649-1FEEC46B04B7.png (333x444, 170K)

>getting called a hacker because the rj isnt killing you
i thought this was just a myth.

I want official Highlander matchmaking

Imagine the bickering at class selection.

How new are you guys?
youtu.be/JJuR91jDXFI?t=27

>The thing with coaching is that it's a good idea but I don't see it being possible within an actual match.
put the coach in the player's party and let them spectate, that's all you need to do.
>The game is too chaotic to properly teach on the stop
I think you are trying to do too much as a coach. Most players don't want somebody yelling in their ear the whole time, you should focus on giving pointers between lives and explaining what they did wrong when they die. You can't teach everything there is to know in 30 minutes even if you're on an empty walkway server. If they want more detailed advice they can always add you after the fact.

I actually mixed a couple of sentences together by mistake, I meant that the accusation comes from being able to find spies when they're invisible in the water or after leaving the water, or covered in milk/jarate, or what often happens, when they're going invis in 2fort but you headshot them just as the cloak finishes, but they think they were already fully invisible, or just general prediction on where they're likely going.
Although I once actually did have a guy accuse me of having god mode because he was using the rocket jumper. After I told him that it doesn't do damage and to check the stats, while the server was also laughing at him by this point, he just left.

This is a reoccurring problem. A good chunk of the TF2 playerbase is bots. When you only look at matchmaking numbers it paints a different picture than the official steam numbers.
reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/az0dqx/tf2_lost_more_than_a_third_of_its_players_stats/

>You're on your way to cp_dustbowl
Post yfw

Attached: 1519599721585.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

But then what's the crowd. People with 5 minutes in-game? They won't even understand what a coach system is and are more likely to ignore the coach completely, even if you're just using text and not voice chat in private with the student. It's like a teacher trying to teach during a test, instead of actually taking lessons first.

Yeah, that's what I just said

Attached: leo.gif (500x273, 1.06M)

>reddit thread quoting discord as source
Pimply epin.

>But then what's the crowd. People with 5 minutes in-game?
There are quite a lot of players that fall under that description.
>They won't even understand what a coach system is and are more likely to ignore the coach completely
IIRC the game asks you if you want a coach the first time you play.

I actually had one guy accuse me and a friend of hacking on an idle server.

Danger shield + vac medic. Nuff said.

Attached: 000a.png (1215x2160, 2.13M)

I was agreeing with you.

It's the teamwork.tf discord which charts official matchmaking numbers. You can see them here.

>Danger shield + vac medic
The salt that creates is too much. Specially against pyros.

>we only count players that are in an actual game server playing TF2
That's not exactly reliable, since mid-2018 Valve set everyone's game data to hidden by default in response to GDPR. Granted, all traders made it public again so they could keep being traders.

For this next one u need to understand im a medic main.

I was in a pub lobby not really focusing and some kid was playing sniper, full toggle hacks, not even hiding it. So I hide in resup, build off of everyone running to their deaths, then run out with uber on a phlog. Sniper thinking he's fucking king shit was literally just outside of resup camping hard and got demolished by the pyro who was literally w+m1.

tfw the hacker called me a cheater.

I think you have the wrong post id buddy.

was for

>There are quite a lot of players that fall under that description.
I'm not saying there aren't but you're not going to accept wanting lessons to play a damn video game unless you already have some engagement in it and want to improve. But that improvement isn't just "shoot obvious person on other team", "defend the obvious cart that's being tracked on the bottom of the screen", etc. What they really need help with, which right now only random youtube videos will actually help, is game sense, going over weapon stats that the student might not currently own, small details from each class, like a basic tutorial of rocket/sticky jumping, a basic tutorial for spy disguise speed, the fact that crouch jumping is a thing, etc. Just a few hours ago I was helping this random player how to crouch jump in Frontier, just like that webm that sometimes get posted here.

Pretty sure you can scrape matchmaking numbers regardless. I know you definitely could prior to the main menu revamp and I doubt they changed it. If they are just idling on the menu they're a bot.

I don't disagree but those kinds of things are outside the scope of the coaching system. The tutorials ideally should cover this and coaching should supplement it.

kek
That reminds of a time a direct hit soldier was clearly using an aimbot, I go in with pyro and airblast it back and kill him, he says I have cheats on. Entire server is laughing at him, saying "not even with cheats can you win", then as he's getting salty in chat, suddenly gets a VAC ban.

Attached: 1486356534108.png (200x333, 87K)

>gameplay-wise
its literally a B tier quake lmao

Then where's quake now? :)

>It just recently got the highest player count peak, toppling a record from six years ago.
Here are the real numbers for people ingame:

Attached: 1440976570094.jpg (1443x750, 158K)

You have to go with friends now.

For what purpose does this site have to lie for?

>The tutorials ideally should cover this
Clearly it doesn't. But if the tutorial had a beginner, medium, expert level, for the amount of details, with expert being stuff like c-tap or whatever it's called when a demo charges at an angle to get bigger distances, then what's the point of the coach? The tutorial just for the mechanics and coaching just for game awareness? I still think it'd be like learning how to drive for the first time while currently on the highway going 90 mph.

If you didn't get your unusual from a crate it doesn't count

As funny as VAC is when it works, i wish they'd let you appeal it when it clearly didnt work.

I had an alt account I used for Garry's Mod, had freshly bought the game, used it once, setup steam guard and shit, didnt touch it for a week.

Came back to it and i had a VAC ban on CS:GO, on an account that didn't own CS:GO, and I was told I can't appeal it.

Attached: GAYBEN.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Maybe they want a job at Epic like the steamspy guy.

>here are the real numbers
why the fuck would i trust this random ass chinese site?

Attached: 1551065339517.jpg (220x220, 11K)

>playerbase is an indicator of quality

At this point does it really fucking matter?

Attached: 1508456242624.jpg (1776x983, 575K)

>Chinese site
Proof?
>threads upon threads of bawwww why cant i find games in tf2 anymore. Why isn't Valve updating the game?

>then what's the point of the coach?
Some things can't be taught outside of actual matches and things like map knowledge and overall strategy won't be covered in the tutorials. At the end of the day it's optional so it's not like players have to use it if they don't want too but it's there if they want one and coaching is fun to do.

Nice headcanon, queue times never went above 15-20sec for me. Do you only select a single 5cp map at a time or what?

>chinese
>nameservers are netherlands and eu
>server is netherlands
>china is in the netherlands

>threads upon threads of bawwww why cant i find games in tf2 anymore. Why isn't Valve updating the game?
i literally found a game before i even finished typing my post

I think I've seen cases of people appealing and working out, only in cases like that where there was clearly some error on Valve's part.
Also, I keep seeing players with VAC bans being able to play on Casual. Isn't the whole point of VAC that you can't play on Valve servers?

ok then why should i trust this random ass site that was made by a dude named Gabber?

Attached: 2cbe0446b82a498d804204f79582dffa7b8b1febd2a77a82b8a0330d171418dd.jpg (806x1024, 112K)

stfu Epic

Cross promotion was the symptom but Valve went all out with this stuff. Hell, simply not using green or pink would've already helped since the other colors either work better or are neutral enough.

Funny enough, not once have I seen complain abotu queue times in TF2. At most it's an unpopular map or a gamemode that's not often played. But also the current system helps with that, the whole "being able to queue for a different map while playing something else"

Nah, it's kinda weird.

See, if you get a VAC ban, u usually have a 30 minute grace period before VAC figures out that it has to actually remove the player from the server. Outside of that, VAC will only deny a player from playing on a VAC secured server, if they have a VAC ban for the license key that was banned. Yes, VAC bans on license key. If you bought orange box, you get a VAC from CS:S, TF2, HL2DM, etc etc. And technically portal, portal 2, hl2, etc.

Because 1: you have the capability to open it in a proxy with noscript, tracker blocker addons, etc etc, so if you dont have those you are fucking retarded my dude, and 2: you can look this shit up yourself by using google, or in my case duck duck go.

oh yeah man im totally an epic shill fuck off cunt am i actually promoting their dumpster fire of a store?

Seriously it's easy as fuck to find a game

>trust this random ass site because muh proxy noscript tracker blockers
are you a fucking retard lmao. you could just admit that there's no reason to trust your shady ass site

I got a random paint can drop, the fuck do I do with Color No. 216-190-216?

Attached: Paint_Can_D8BED8.png (512x512, 45K)

I play it still. Good game

>oh yeah man im totally an epic shill fuck off cunt am i actually promoting their dumpster fire of a store?

You're dismissing one of Valve's super popular games, that's enough for me to think you're a Chink shill.

Attached: 91229-197001-gabenewelljpg-620x.jpg (620x464, 38K)

>my site
ok first of all this aint my site. Second of all if you cant be assed to browse the web safetly and instead just point at shit and say "DAYGERWUS!!!!!!!!11111!!1" like some fucking anti-vax mom pointing at a doctor, you should probably invest in about 6ft of rope to neck yourself with. I'd link you to a tutorial on how to tie the rope, but you'd say the site is ran by russian hackers looking to steal your crunchyroll account.

Put it on dead of night (dark) to make some all class jammies.

how am i dismissing one of their games? I think u have me confused with someone else...

Is there anything more orgasmic in games than taking out a big ass sentry nest?

Attached: 1467465744388.gif (200x200, 1.46M)

>Claiming some chink website's numbers are real rather than steamcharts

That site is created to discredit Valve's own popular games. There's no denying that.

Attached: 1327511485258.jpg (255x345, 33K)

Reddit: The Game

Are you genuinely a schizo? I'm saying there's no reason to trust your gay ass site not that it's dangerous lmao. It's only dangerous in the fact that autistic kids are weaponizing it by spamming it even though there's no good reason to believe anything they say.

Attached: wut.png (634x707, 264K)

And again, while I don't give two shits who's numbers are real or not, it's clearly not a fucking chinese website dude. Netherlands, yes. China, no.

You need to stop just calling anyone who disagrees with your point of view "China".

again with the >your site
it's not fucking my site dude i'm just calling you a fucking idiot for saying it isn't trustworthy without giving a genuine fucking reason.

>Implying Chinks dont own servers in Netherlands

Attached: 1386341218930.jpg (550x424, 104K)

>i'm just calling you a fucking idiot for saying it isn't trustworthy without giving a genuine fucking reason.
WHY THE FUCK WOULD I BELIEVE A RANDOM ASS SITE FOR NO FUCKING REASON??????????????????????

>he is still calling anyone who disagree's with his point of view "china"
>he thinks just because someone from country A can buy something in country B means that something in country B HAS TO BE OWNED by someone in country A
>he still has troubles breathing through his nose.
Did I say you had to believe it?

>ching chang wang wong ping pong

Fuck off you deceptive chink, your shitty client will NEVER be as popular as Lord Gaben's games

Attached: 1323685274769.jpg (457x319, 67K)

>Doing terrible during a match
>Four people have dominations on me
>See enemy team pushing in
>Throw jarate and run like a coward
>Phlog Pyro on my team activates his crits and runs in
>Speakers practically explode with 4 revenges at the same time

Attached: TF2_sniper.gif (390x219, 403K)

Can someone post the original one, please?

JOTARO!

Attached: 1546541017381.png (800x480, 339K)

>im out of arguments
>this must be the work of CHINA
>ill call him a chink, that'll show him
>haha i won that argument because I called him chinese

Attached: jokesonthem.png (244x226, 2K)

I can hear that webm.

Attached: 1551939355679.jpg (600x600, 299K)

Must’ve been a sad day when you crawled out the abortion bucket friendo

Well as fun as it is to make you seething mad just by pointing out that your mental capacity is on par with a man who's mother is also his sister, it's 2 am over here so I'm going to bed. Enjoy calling everyone chinese for the rest of your life.

At least it was before compfags fucked everythin up.

Attached: 1546545792413.png (659x609, 153K)

>have an original name
>they confuse us
Your fault for being a fucking noone. The moment i decide to play on a community server for longer than a hour i make my presence known in every way imaginable.
>tfw administration has to suck my cock since owner won't let them ban me
In other words I AM THE LAW

>friendo
fucking kid ass reddit speak

I watched enough goofy machinimas that I'll never stop loving all the bent and inside out faces that TF2 gave us before Source Filmmaker came out.

RIP kitty0706 T_T

Attached: 1552500190128.jpg (300x350, 49K)

Fake player numbers. Otherwise, explain this.
Protip: you can't.

Attached: dead game.png (181x307, 78K)

Youtube videos for tf2 have an absurd amount of views so i guess tf2fags prefer videos to streams

>Join community server
>Never talk
>20 minutes in people already know my name
>Everyone in the other team hates me
>I am that top scoring spy with the ET/LT/DR with a fez that doesn't die
Is there a best feeling than the regulars of a server cursing your name?

Why would I watch someone play a game live that's already downloaded and free to play on my system?

>owning a server physically
>owning a server mentally
Wich one is you user?

Attached: 1550879857528.png (677x549, 495K)

>You're on your way to pl_badwater_pro5
>You're on your way to pl_goldrush

Attached: 1523564584683.png (415x357, 289K)

the game is free. why would zoomers watch someone play it when they can play it just as easily.

Imagine being so bad at the game you can't hit with pipes and have to relinquish advantages like longer range and out of line of sight ricochet kills for 4 additional spammable stickies in form of iron crutch

install mastercomfig, friend

>they haven't worked on the final comic for the last two years
this fucking company

>he doesn't main the best class in the game
what's your excuse?

Attached: demo balance.jpg (680x798, 121K)

Game is boring to watch unless the person playing is extremely good or extremely entertaining.
There are thousands of games I'd rather watch than play, tf2 is the exact opposite.

Actually, I do main him, but in an intelligent way.
youtu.be/sXLeZ-ukY7s
It saddens that 95% of this community will never experience the joy of stickyjumping.

waiting for the day valve gives demo gunboats

The sticky jumper already exists. And a demo that could jump around like a madman AND have sticky tier damage would be the single most unbalanced thing.

I know but I still want it.

Attached: meet demo.png (902x599, 865K)

update when

never

t. Tencent chink

>the game is free

So is Fortnite

>most of the content makers are on youtube
>Most of the TF2 fanbase aren't zoomers so they don't give a rat's ass about streamers
Seriously, what the fuck is the point of watching a stream if it isn't a Tier 1 event/Major or The International?

If it's true that there are only 12k active players, finding games would be much more difficult

Attached: spy.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

there are threads almost every single night.
> I don't have a single friend
I'm not surprised haha

Attached: proper answer.png (769x733, 31K)

>Actually, I do main him, but in an intelligent way.
Ah, a fellow demopan.

Attached: demopan.png (353x600, 389K)

>I AM SILLY

TF2 is played by kids and third worlders who just want to play a free game
Don't pay attention to the playercount, these are not paying customers so none of them count. The real number of players who still sustain the game is in a few thousands. The game is basically dead, which is why Valve barely touches it anymore with a small skeleton crew.

How do you get signs to be coloured anymore, I thought they were all grayscale?

Alright, I'm going to sum this up a bit more accurately
TF2
>I don't think about you at all
OW
>I don't think about you at all
TF2
>No, I don't think about you at all
OW
>NO I DON'T THINK ABOUT YOU AT ALL
TF2
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OW
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: heinously loud laughter from ricky gervais ensues.png (345x283, 5K)

You are

>no one agreed with me when I said it the first time but if I just spam the thread they'll have to think I'm right!