Do you think SEKIRO is going to have that middle-of-the-story twist that Bloodborne had...

Do you think SEKIRO is going to have that middle-of-the-story twist that Bloodborne had? No way that it's just gonna be a medieval Japan with nothing going on like in the trailers.

Attached: 52695152_2270617233203357_7353154802411127513_n.jpg (640x640, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lord_Bag_of_Rice
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Seed_(video_game)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God i hope not

>aliens out of nowhere

Saw it coming a mile away

didn't trailers confirm mythological creatures like ogres are in the game?

The game's designed for the Western audience so the twist will be that the main character is actually a FtM trans and will also get a prosthetic penis with it's own weapon arts.

I unironically didn't expect that shit to happen lmao. Not the alien stuff.

Attached: 1552368356316.jpg (772x1024, 49K)

I mean some really weird shit going on like Bloodborne.

He'll also be black at the end.

Attached: images (77).jpg (550x500, 82K)

It'll likely just get creepier so you're fighting full-on Kuon-tier shit in the game's latter third.

Also from leaked footage we know that a knight from Portugal appears as a boss fairly late in the game.

Japan literally has none of that. It's kinda boring. I hope they explore the yokai realms though, and develop their own take on nippon mythology. It'll be standard dark fantasy, but with nippon influenced lore.

Attached: ayy.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Thanks for reminding of the horrible way the Crysis plot developed over the course of the trilogy.

Feudal Japan didn't have headless zombies and giant animals. As for a twist in the middle of the story? I'm expecting one at the end.

I think it'll tie in to the Souls/Bloodborne games, as those games reference a land far to the east in the weapon descriptions of some of the japanese swords, and the character in bloodborne who is from there. But I don't think there's any secret ayy lmaos hiding in the second half of the game or anything like that. We've already seen giant monsters, mystical powers, and that big ass snake, so idk what they could sneak in there... maybe robots or something.

link?

So you're telling me that giant crabs aren't part of real Japanese history?

Attached: 1546874873644s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

here

Attached: steiner.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

>I think it'll tie into the Bloodborne
This.

Basically SEKIRO will be Bloodborne in the far East.

Attached: johann-heinrich-vogeler-fruehlingsabend-1901.jpg (1000x1318, 327K)

>medieval Japan with nothing going on like in the trailers
I dunno man, I feel like there's a whole lot of secretive stuff going on, just based on the little bit we've been giving.
>World was strictly realistic Japan before the recent events of the story
>Now there's demons, ogres, and giant snakes roaming around
>"Dragon Plague" or something is taking over, killing off NPCs or turning them into undead
>Dialogue hints that before the prince was taken, technology like your arm didn't even work yet
>Enemy dialogue suggests multiple factions at work and that despite fighting you, not all of them are completely opposed to you somehow.

No, there's definitely something interesting at play, but it's impossible to tell what.

Do you think this guy will be Western version of Shiva?

Bloodborne didn't have a story, let alone a twist. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a neckbeard weeaboo faggot.

It has lol. Your mission was to find the source of the spreading scourge of beasts. And you did: the Mensis Ritual. You stop the ritual by killing Mergo, thus fulfilling your contract with the Dream.

Like Jade Empire. Cool.

>Japanese man's love letter to Bram Stoker and HP Lovecraft novels that was aesthetically inspired by a holiday he and his wife took to Europe

Yeah, it screams weaboo.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lord_Bag_of_Rice

Everything seems sorta losely based on this so far. Wouldn't surprise me honestly.

it takes place in Japan

It did have a change of events halfway through though.

Attached: 53c57d3487863.jpg (800x557, 89K)

>Now there's demons, ogres, and giant snakes roaming around
Eh, that's like playing a fantasy medieval game and griffons and trolls show up.

>Like Jade Empire
In what way did you take Jade Empire from that? Jade Empire is a western interpretation of a fantasy China with aircraft tech, etc.
This is just feudal Japan with the typical Souls gameplay.

op pic is literally a ghost.

I think the twist is that it'll go horror. We'll see in a week.

>really want to play sekiro
>don’t want to give activision money

Help what do I do

That particular boss is the same as a boss in Jade Empire. Did you even look at what I was replying to?

Definitely on par with the greats: Bowser kidnaps the Princess so Mario goes on a long and arduous journey to free him from his clutches - 10/10 story.
Clearly your weeaboo brain has kept you from developing reading comprehension. I never said Bloodborne screams weeaboo, in order to be able to interpret Bloodborne having a story you would have to be a reaching, pathetic, weeb subhuman.

Don't @ me vermin, I don't need your third grade caliber rhetoric sullying my perfect brain.

Bye now, dorks.

import the japanese version

>halfway point

>blood moon rises

>you are teleported to the world of bloodborne

>Definitely on par with the greats: Bowser kidnaps the Princess so Mario goes on a long and arduous journey to free him from his clutches - 10/10 story
That was literally a one sentence summary retard. There's more to it, but way to go being an absolute faggot.

The twist will be America shows up.

Will it have dual audio I’m only an amateur weeb

Yeah, dual audio on-disc was confirmed several months ago.

Japanese yokai are so plentiful and widely varied from being indescribably horrifying to just flat out fucking dumb. For sure we know some supernatural shit is happening in the game, so there's obviously potential for some cool monsters at the very least.

That being said, I don't expect lore to go very deep because the protagonist is more interactive with the world and there seems to be a more obvious plot. But even then, he could still have no idea what the fuck is actually happening and nobody has anything useful to say that's immediately obvious what they're talking about.

At least we have a level up waifu in a kimono. [She's not really as cute the other ones though.

I also don't expect much of a connection to previous games outside of maybe a handful of easter eggs since it's 1500s Japan and Bloodborne takes places a few centuries later while Dark Souls takes place a few centuries earlier.

Not sure but I like to find out, like how that fugly chick tastes

Absolutely based.
Absolutely triggered
Absolutely cringe.

Attached: 1540327711400.jpg (1242x1290, 80K)

Beat me to it. I unironically think that Sekiro is set in the Bloodborne universe.
>Mysterious illness that's plaguing the land called "Dragon rot"(Ashen blood)
>Sinister cult that worships a strange god
>Already been confirmed that the game takes on more of a horror tone later on (leaked enemy concepts)

>Jade Golems look different
>Jade Golems wield two axes
>Jade Golems are far larger
>Jade Golems are much slower
>You fight multiple Jade Golems at the same time
>It's the same

Attached: 1550459504297.jpg (290x290, 24K)

>nioh claimed to be a dark souls clone

>sekiro is now a nioh clone

so is nioh the OG game now?

I think that Nioh is the reason why Fromsoft decided to ditch the RPG mechanics in Sekiro.

Nioh and Sekiro is like apples to oranges.

I like both games desu, nioh is worth a look if ppl are passing the time till sekiro

He's obviously talking about how both games are Eastern settings that feature a Western dude as a boss, you sperg

Do you not remember the western boss in western armor and a gun? How the fuck do you see an armored western soldier fight and jump to Jade Golem? Seriously are you retarded?

The thing i'm most excited for when it comes to sekiro is the sense of discovery, I hope to stumble on a classic style japanese dragon and have a conversation with them.

there was no twist in bloodborne.

They didn't advertise the greater eldritch horror stuff. Going in we all thought it was a game about hunting beasts in a gothic environment not a trip to worlds beyond our comprehension.

Cos the Western guy in Jade Empire looks nothing like the dude in the webm.

Attached: 4756531516_d724dae424.jpg (384x418, 99K)

I doubt it since nioh also has the combat skill trees with samurai/magic skill poimts outside the usual leveling up stuff.. I enjoy both btw but i could see why niph turned people off with the amount of depth. The level design also was pretty average and enemy variation was non existent. I feel like nioh is the only other GOOD competitor in that space though so i want to see the second game overcome those faults. The slav devs failed me.

im wondering how parrying will work, I am guessing they want to make it the primary defense, rather than rolling.

>They didn't advertise the greater eldritch horror stuff.

That doesn't mean there was a twist. And plenty of people figured their would be lovecraft shit in there from the first time it was leaked here.

Sekiro has the best combat out of all the soulsborne games, that's all that matters.

Perfect timing block. The difference is you stagger at a crazy fast raterate compared to the other games.

it does seem pretty shallow, but you could say the same thing about Viewtiful Joe's dodge mechanic and that game was great

Yes but don't forget about jumping, often times it will be better to hop over an enemy sword swing instead of retreating and attacking over and over.

>leaked enemy concepts
link?

I don't mean it's shallow i'm wondering if they want you to parry more than you roll, in combat

everyone who’s played it has said parrying is essential and rolling isn’t as safe due to less I-frames

Doubt it, imo, it's just FROM doing what did before when Demon Souls was exclusive to PS3, they made Dark Souls as a multiplat franchise. Bloodborne is Sony exclusive and now they do Sekiro as the multiplat.

>im wondering how parrying will work
It will work the way we've seen it work, the way everyone who's played it says it works?

Attached: 1508017629973.png (754x680, 532K)

but is it more or less forgiving than say, dark souls

shouldn't souls fags be happy that the combat improvements in sekiro will eventually be incorporated in the next souls game?

most early players have reported you are not meant to play this game like dark souls and you are meant to use all 3 of your evasive maneuvers if you want to play properly

>Next souls game

We don't need one, thanks.

>he validates himself by posting like this on the internet

yeah you sure are a fine specimen user

This desu

have you been living under a rock for a few weeks? let me give you a quick rundown

>parrying is the main way of engaging enemies
>parrying builds up posture damage on both you and the opponent
>how much is based on how clean the parry is
>a perfect parry gives you hardly any and them a lot
>a shitty parry gives you a lot and them basically none so dont be a shitter
>when the meter is full you (or they) get a finishing blow that does 1 full bar of damage to them (or a significant chunk of your bar)
>enemies have unblockable attacks that are telegraphed (but not really slow or anything)
>you either true parry (with the use of a skill you unlock), or jump, or evade over an unblockable move depending on what it is
>jump over horizontal sweeps
>parry thrusts
>evade grabs

and thats how that aspect of the game works in a nutshell.

it was a twist you dumb fuck, you can say it wasn't because you don't understand it, but it was

so risk reward, it isnt just parry/riposte

sounds decent

>bloodborne made dark souls shield babies get good at dodging
>Sekiro will make dodge babies get good at parrying

The cycle is beautiful

there will be one though, inevitably. so i don't know why souls fags always shit up these threads.

what it means is even if you are immaculate at your timings you wont end fights in a single parry or whatever. you'll always have to actually fight enemies/bosses not just bait a single easy swing and parry it for an instant kill/most of their health.

i really like this system because of that.

yeah, I like that as well, makes encounters more interesting

is there a list of From authorized stores
primarily thinking of GMG

when nioh was released there was a list of stores KT supplied with keys directly and

>Old Hunter Yamamura

Here are some posts from a previous thread that detail the intricacies of the combat.

The combat really does seem to have evolved this time around.

Attached: Sekiro and the Ashina Commander.gif (500x263, 2.74M)

I highly doubt it. Pretty sure I'm not the only Soulsfag that doesn't want another one. It's a popular opinion, as far as I'm aware. We just want more from Fromsoft, and we're getting that.

at last I truly see

i loved the series. put thousands of hours into it so far. but making any more of them would be a mistake. from sucks at sequels and besides we dont need another fucking assassins creed with yearly releases of the same game.

Demon's Souls fag here: From Software should not be allowed to make sequels. Every game that was original has been good. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are kind of a yin and yang thing so they get a pass for that "not the same game at all guys ;)" but everything From does in the future should not be a sequel

That dude summoning spirits in the trailer and the Headless (Kappa) point to where it'll go.

literally what are you even arguing about you stupid fucking retard

I wonder why they call it "shadows die twice"

hmmm I wonder why

>shadows die twice
>shadows die once when the sun is perfectly overhead and again when the sun goes down
>ninja are sometimes called shadows
>when ninja die they die both as a ninja and as the person they were outside of that

really, im not sure exactly what they mean

>BLOODborne
>no vampires
>but eldritch horrors?

I think this game will be good. The very best bosses of all the soulsborne games were fast and small, mostly knights, OOK, Maria. Pretty much every big boss is the games was utter shit. Hope the bosses are small, also fuck multiple enemies, they could ruin the game with multiple enemies. Another thing that could ruin it is stealth, it is a shit mechanic in almost every game, but we shall see.

Technically, everyone was dependent on the Church's Blood to stop turning into beasts.

So, everyone is a vampire.

It's secondary stealth

don't pretend you understand bb story on your first play-through without reading extra stuff, so if it is another dream simulator twist,better not be.Also, time travel is not allowed too, like the prince and protagnist is actually one person

>travel is not allowed too,
people are unsure if those sequences where you go back in time are memories or literal, I guess we'll find out, you do get to play out past events in sekiro tho

Would any of you believe me if i told you that this game ends in space?

Secondary stuff? My guy it's was the only souls game with secondary items that cannot be picked up placed in the world that gave lore just for that purpose. Sorry you're a brainlet..

Please dont be lying

No, but I want to believe.

No, but I want to believe...

I want a giant japanese dragon in sekiro as a bossfight

Attached: dragonsdecentgiclee.jpg (744x1001, 433K)

It'll end up underwater fighting the Dragon God.

Sekiro has already shown and will have supernatural themes.

It's end up on the moon. japs love the moon.

That's stupid. There's no air on the moon. How would the character even breathe?

he grapples air from earth

my god...

The science checks out.

Based

Michael zacky has said numerous times that "it's pretty out there" meaning it's obviously got some sort of twist. The twist may not be so wild and alien as bb, but might be a bit partial to supernatural inclinations like nioh was.

PORTUKINO

>dragon plague is taking over
it's dragonrot, which is a long existing disease for those with the blood of the dragon. It's said wolf's father had to deal with it, but wolf is unable to die, and it's much more prominent, since the blood of the dragon has all but died out, and most people thought only the child you were supposed to be protecting was left. go figure, wolf has it too.

You're right, however the emphasis is that they suddenly started appearing recently. This is mentioned a couple times by NPCs and by a dev during a demonstration.

Ogres and yokai were just legends before the story of Sekiro started into motion, and now they are a real threat. I don't know what to make of that, but it means that there has been a shift, and it solidifies Sekiro in the "Souls" universe, because there was a time before and a time after, just like every other game, and it seems to vaguely match up with the period of Bloodborne, if not a bit before.

The blood curse, the hollowed curse, the Dragon Rot. They are all the same. Something is afoot.

That's a Mexican dragon named Manuel, though.

Attached: 362.jpg (702x558, 128K)

Ah, I see. So this is just a long standing disease that's been going on in this game's universe. I did not know that.

If it's a disease that's passed through bloodlines, how do other NPCs start to show signs of it to? For instance, the "Firelink Keeper" equivalent starts to show signs of infection and start to cough after you went and explored and fought mini bosses in the area.

it seems like the immortality the disease gives wolf comes at the price of everyone else's health/life.

>Manuel, the Slumbering Dragon

Kinda like if Jesus kept on rezzing due to God's blood in him, but it makes everyone sick each time he did it.

iOrale, guey!

Dragon's blood is a great boon to the warrior, I haven't found all the info on it yet but the lore bits i've been told through cutscenes/npcs is that it makes you stronger, more agile, and gives you the whole second chance at life/resurrection thing. But when you die, you let off the air of dragonrot, which is a plague that infects those you interact with most (NPCs in the hub). Jury's out on deaths or not but having died a good 100 or so times, i've got 3 dragonrot stones. They make the npcs cough, change their dialogue a bit, but functionally there's no change to them, it lowers the chance you have to get "unseen benefactor" which reduces the exp/sen you lose by half if it procs.

>medieval Japan

It will also make souls babbies get good at parrying since most of them just used a greatshield in Souls games (due to greatshields making you virtually invincible)

parrying does little for you in sekiro though, besides give you slightly faster posture damage on bosses (which is useless because without dealing hp damage they'll recharge it as quick as it's dealt). I guess it's good for clearing trash mobs. But thrusts are unblockable and as far as we've seen no enemies counter them (so the first 3-4 hours worth) so it just begs the question why bother parrying when you can use a thrust and annihilate enemies instead.

They where. There ate Ancient japanese scrolls detail that there weaknesses

what the hell are you talking about? why would you want to just chip bosses to death by spamming a single weak move? and you cant even kill bosses with normal attacks anyway. you have to use a finisher and those need posture to be broken. normal attacks barely build the meter at all; you need to parry. you're so wrong that i cant tell if you're shitposting or just retarded.

What does Sekiro mean in English?

Regular attacks chip hp away which slows the recovery of posture. If you just attack posture, they heal it back rapidly. Have you not played the game or watched any of the footage?

Sekiro will end up founding Cainhurst, why do you think their weapons have Japanese names?

Sekiro is two kanji, one for "One-armed" or "less an arm" or some shit like that cause japanese is fucking retarded, the other is "wolf". the name of the character. "One Armed Wolf: Shadows Die Twice" would be the literal translation.

"One-armed wolf".

that isnt what you said at all. you said you shouldnt even bother parrying which is terrible advice.

But wolves have paws not arms. I know from first hand experience from a pet wolf I had as a kid.

Try reading my post again. I said without dealing HP damage parrying is useless (because it is, because they recover it faster than you deal it by baiting parries)

A different twist than what you're referring to, but the master dude is humongous for a human, and any time there's a human who is unexplainably huge in a Miyazaki game it's cause you fight them. Sometimes they're just made big for the fight like that dude in DS3 who wants your dark soul.

>why bother parrying when you can use a thrust

Obviously in reference to trash mobs.
>I guess it's good for clearing trash mobs. But thrusts are unblockable and as far as we've seen no enemies counter them (so the first 3-4 hours worth)

Vilebloods are the games vampires. Learn the lore before you post.

HR Giger.

Attached: leon9.png (758x897, 419K)

oh. that wasnt how i interpreted it at all. well, im sorry for misunderstanding you then. you're right. you need to use both attacks and parries for bosses and minibosses. you dont need to for normal enemies but you might as well use the opportunity to practice anyway.

HR Giger inspired hell soulslike when?

Attached: hr-giger-erotomechanics-vii1.jpg (1200x819, 302K)

I wouldn't mind something partway through the game that is like a blend of the final twist in Lords of Shadow and the start of Prey. Something where you smash your way through some weird youkai realm barrier that had part of old Japan cut off from the rest of the country & time, and you wind up spilling into modern day/future Japan, before things go fucking mental.

Look and moves exactly like all the other generic armored dudes from any other souls game.

And? Doesn't make the fight any less interesting. He pivots very quickly and has long range and wide swipes, on top of being pretty fast and doesn't even take chip damage. He'll be a fun miniboss.

Did you even play the last game he was personally involved with?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Seed_(video_game)

I want to try it but
>Unlike most point-and-click adventure games, which give the player time to explore, many actions in Dark Seed must occur within precise time limits, or the game will end up in an unwinnable state. As a result of this, one must start over repeatedly to win without resorting to a walkthrough