youtu.be/lDG7ID6_Txg
youtu.be/urijgWXLYck?t=891
youtube.com/watch?v=yUrC5R30Ofk
my.mixtape.moe/deybdt.webm
xivmodarchive.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=U35sSPJI_Bs
twitter.com/MadoXIV/status/1036188715507503105
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trialfag here. I thought you guys liked Stormblood?

there's been two expansions since user.

Is the Bard any good?

should i start playing xiv op?

Its ok, you shouldn't be chart topping with it, but it is one of the truer support jobs in the game. Everyone is happy to see a bard. The downside is a good bit of your damage at optimal levels needs 2 other classes syncing their buffs with you to make the most out of everything.

How about you play the expansions dummy. Also stop subbing for a few months or so, take a break

>Finished bahamuts coil 5 back in 2014 before the next expansion hit.
I keep wondering how much content i've missed out since then, worth coming back to?

HW is worth it anyway

Third expansion releases in June. You could either pick up Stormblood now and catch up for it or buy Shadowbringers in June and get all three expansions for the same price as you'd pay for Stormblood today. Just depends on if you want to be caught up for an expansion launch or not

brd is the most broken job

because my future eb left me and said we cant even be friends

>I keep wondering how much content i've missed out since then, worth coming back to?
The Alexander raid is pure ludokino.

Attached: 1530602402710.jpg (1562x920, 1.14M)

>The Alexander raid is pure ludokino.
Fucking yikes

Attached: 1461636384940.png (400x400, 256K)

>OMG IT'S KEFKA FROM FF6 I CLAPPED I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW HIM!!!

Attached: 1548475612724.png (694x793, 15K)

>implying they'll even see Alexander
>implying FFXIV doesnt suffer the same shit as WoW with invalidating past content

Raid Roulette is a thing.

Its a fun game if you're gay

Attached: ffxivfaggotry.jpg (628x843, 215K)

Because they steadily and deliberately dumbed the game down since the end of 3.X and started to cater to RPers and new people instead of trying to satisfy the people who played since the beginning, the actual playerbase

You have to clear each one to unlock the next. I only had it unlocked up to A2 until this winter went I set a day aside to queue for them all sequentially. 95% of zoomers won't bother to do that

One more week until he comes back.

Attached: 1525895399961.png (414x399, 70K)

This.

Cause it's the same shit as always and it's literally a final fantasy version of wow, but the story is presented better.

How do you guys make Gil???? Nothing is selling on the MB AHHHHHHH

Eureka

>Omega Raid = set of glorified Extremes
While it can be argued that they're fun mechanically other than the Waifu bait with Omega-F the raid series of in itself was banking on major nostalgia with as little content creation as possible thanks to Dissidia. They didn't bother making it feel like you're actually "raiding" an area and made it a set of glorified extreme trials with little to nothing being memorable outside of Alphascape due to the amount of non-original XIV content since none of it was integrated into the world itself. Hell if they wanted to nostalgia bait they could have made each tier raiding the very world the bosses were from with the hub changing appearance dependent on the game at hand.
>Dungeons
Still one and done style content where you've seen it once you've seen it all.
>MSQ
Terrible up till recently and thats only because its leading up to the old WoD story that HW dropped off suddenly giving us something to care about but the overall region split between Ala Mhigo and Doma just hurt the pacing and weight of most events.
>Eureka
It clearly shows they learned nothing from Diadem and was called out from the start of what it was going to be and rather than giving us the "Nice Yoshida learned and gave us something nice" it was just a "If it wasn't for the relic it would have died"

Overall the Expansion can be summed up with "Hey Heavensward worked so why even bother changing it up?" It was a rushed experience story wise and offered nothing new like Heavensward did when compared to ARR paired with your hope of being wow'd by the Dev Team's growth which in this case was very lacking.

Attached: t_o_1.jpg (862x1214, 364K)

Baldesion Arsenal is fun though

ffxivmb.com/ use this

I hate gays and it has something to do with their sexual preference

You still need to progress thru each tier to get to the next and the amount of people willing to help is laughably low. The way the game structures content and rewards making running past content very unappealing and only makes Savage at any point desirable due to the dyable rewards.

You burned out, happens to the best of us. Just unsub and play other vidya.

Attached: 1529204385214.jpg (593x527, 77K)

It is but it could have just been a regular duty. Again Eureka is shit.

They shit the bed with the content, end of heavensward had things to do.
Now all we have is a dead party finder, unfunny savages, unfunny extreme trials and the fucking eureka.

Are you referring to ability culling? Besides that what have they changed? How are they "catering to RP'ers?"

>unfunny savages, unfunny extreme trials
Are they supposed to be funny

Attached: 1540698392990.jpg (442x442, 27K)

You can put a pretty ribbon on a turd to make it prettier but in the end the ribbon is still sitting upon a turd. I think the Baldesion Arsenal shows some promise in terms of dungeon design if they can further push its more "dangerous" approach into the 4-mans or even expand on 8-man like 1.0 but as it stands its just a pretty little ribbon sitting on that turd that is Eureka.
>burn out
I would partially agree if Stormblood wasn't a rehashing of Heavensward with a shittier story. It offered nothing new and the polish of HW looks lackluster given the expectation of Dev growth with each coming expansion. Also this user has a point since the Relic in of itself helped prop up old content in HW where as in Stormblood it's stuck in a glorified instance that would have died had the relic not been attached to it.
Might be a mobile poster with autocorrect giving them Unfunny instead of Unfun

Attached: Lalafell.full.2464020.png (800x1117, 809K)

>Eureka 2: Electric Boogaloo is confirmed in ShB

Attached: 1536322102248.jpg (650x651, 77K)

As long as they make a second Hydatos/Anemos it should be fine. Anemos was perfect for the Eureka design scheme.

But it's not fine, caging the player base inside an instance is absolutely not fine.

> Hydatos/Anemos it should be fine
I would highly doubt that. The burn of Pagos and the overall dead feeling thanks to Eureka has done its damage and I'd expect more people at this point are hoping they remove the Relic from it and let it stand on its own. Repeating Heavnesward for a 3rd time without any visible growth from the player's perspective will not help the game out in the long run.

Attached: cd185c83c9c7b290456edecf8c31cd73.jpg (474x726, 99K)

>as little content creation as possible

They had Exdeath and Kefka models to use, and Ultros and Bibliotaph to reuse. They had to create Alte Roite (which really should have been called Jura Aevis, we didn't even see the old man), Catastrophe, Halicarnassus, Neo Exdeath, Phantom Train, Chardanook, Guardian, Dadaluma, Air Force, the whole tiered statue, Chaos, young Midgardsormr, and all of Omega's forms?

At best they saved some concept design work and a few models worth.

I remember hearing Japan loves Eureka. If that's true then XIV is fucked. Hope you like standing around doing nothing

both his eyes are red now, retard.

Japan does not love Eureka. Relative to other regions one could argue that but when no one region has above 15% of its active population in Hydatos you can kind of get a gauge for how well the content did. Japan was worse than NA in the sense that they just straight up AFK'd and waited for FATEs as opposed to NA trying to NM Train all the time.

Yeah, it'd be better if Eureka was the way to see public dungeons and have its own special gear rather than be tied directly to relic. I've always liked working on relics at my own pace and not feeling so left behind if I'm not doing shit day one.
XIV has so little open world content, if you want to play the game at all you are caged inside an instance anyway.

returning player her, i was surprised at how much they removed smn and put shadow flare on cool down

I legit miss diadem and the dinosaurs.

But that one single ex-trial or savage instance isn't eating 144 players at once. I miss being able to do even something but alas, the pf is dead.

>diadem
fuck off

I wish you'd die a dem faggot

Sorry that you guys had to resort to attacking me for having an opinion. I need to learn how to have a common opinion like everyone else.

You only say that because Eureka was so very shit, hell it felt like a massive downgrade compared to Diadem but why bother with Diadem or Eureka at this point. If they want to experiment with Open World content then do it in the damn Overworld, not like it's done anything crazy in ARR, HW and now SB.

>wtf why aren't people kissing my ass for my precious opinions? why are they so mean?? :(
You know where to find reddit, fag

They had open world dungeons before ARR, so it isn't like its new.

I think a problem that would solve Eureka or diadem is to make it into leveling content. I get they want people from capping early but an alternative to dungeons and HoH in the overworld would be nice. fates are dead.

Did you have a shitty day user?

Attached: hello.jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

>open world dungeons
1.0 didn't have Open World dungeons, you're confusing the lack of DF with that. To enter a dungeon you'd actually have to go to the dungeon entrance to enter and if you died you'd spawn outside deaed with your whole party. Primals were the same as well with Mog being the most annoying to get to given the Unmarked Keystone drops and the Treants that would one shot you if you weren't walking, the same way Void Dragons do in Eureka.

Stormblood was a weak expansion.
All we got was a metric shitton of QoL improvements and the two Ultimates. Everything else I feel like Heavensward did better and first.

>Heavensward did better and first.
No the polish was about the same but it had the benefit of being the first expansion to show said polish meaning everything else looks lackluster since you'd assume that they'd figure out how to make that polish even better and build upon the systems.

Spending a day going through an entire raid seems like a pretty reasonable amount of time

>1.0 didn't have Open World dungeons
Wrong. It had a good amount of open world dungeons. Instances like Toto-rak and Aurum Vale were added later. Copperbell, Nanawa, Mun-tuy Cellars, Tam-Tara, Cassiopaea Hollow, and Shposhae were all open world.

They're about equal, heavensward just came first so stormblood looks like shit.

Did you actually play 1.0 or are you memeing. There were several open world dungeons you could do.

Does Yea Forums allow free thought? Or is this more of a Reddit thing?

>Copperbell and Tam Tara
You are right, I honestly forgot about Copper Bell and Tam Tara though I can't remember ever doing them.

Alexander was better and don't get me even started on the primals we've grinded for the past two years. Way too easy and way too many stupid gimmicks.

clutch story time
>be lazy rdm
>queue for Alphascape 4.0 for weekly drop to get the 390 weapon
>fight goes well for the most part, except for a black mage who ended up being dead a lot
>rez'd them once or twice, then gave up on the poor bastard, i need my mana for other shit
>shit starts going south, people start droppin
>tank and heals die a couple times
>manage to rez them a couple times when i had the mana for it
>getting down to the wire, healers are barely able to keep up with the damage coming out
>people dropping because of raidwide and proximity damage, or not being able to get out of shit in time.
>finally manage to drop omega m, but most of the raid is dead, and I'm just OUT of mana from raising healers while still trying to put out decent damage
>finally kick it, all that's left are the two tanks without rez sickness
>omega f at 20%
>starts spamming Lazer Shower
>PLD manages to keep himself and the WAR alive with Clemency, various cooldowns, and tank lb til they fucking kill it, with all the dead people fucking cheering
>WAR dies shortly before the boss does
>PLD clinches it, saves the raid, no wipes
I couldn't fucking believe it, but it happened.

Anyone else have some clutch raid stories?

Attached: firy_2.png (725x598, 495K)

>3 friends started it recently
>they love it already

>people to this day still have issues with normal alphascape

There was a paladin that soloed against the soft enrage for 20 minutes and killed it. I don't know if anyone here has that picture

And they'll burn out after one expansion. Its the cycle of this game.

Seiryu and zurvan are literally the same exact fight mechanically.

I THINK we had a bonus, I don't remember.

Attached: 1543015551174.png (526x534, 323K)

gib undead demon gf

Attached: 1551569609532.png (200x194, 21K)

What a revelation. Someone who just started a game likes it!

>that one fag that carries on fighting for 20 mins until clear/wipe
we could've cleared in 10 if he had wiped and reset. fucking hate tryhards that do this

Attached: 1533782736541.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

>play game for 3000 hours
>burn out
Wtf

Not a raid but
>Queue for leveling as a DRG
>Get a group of sprouts doing Keeper of the Lake for the first time
>Have a couple of bumps on the way but we make it to papa dragon himself
>We struggle through with them failing to dodge the AoE's
>After the second dragon is nearly dead the tank dies
>Healer gets gibbed shortly after
>I'm the only one left standing
>Ohfuck
>Bloodbath life surge second wind fuck fuck fuck
>Manage to kill the second one
>Only midgardsormr is left alive
>He doesn't auto
>This is my chance
>Enter the Zone
>Dodge everything he tosses my way
>Elusive jump, spineshatter dive, and dragonfire dive or whatever it's called was a godsend
>Fucking kill him
>Team claps and cheers for me at the end
>Get 3 comms
>mfw

Attached: 1521645314991.jpg (680x1020, 81K)

>thinking Stormblood even provided 100hr of content

>been playing since 1.0 closed beta
>still not burnt out

Attached: 1543185111444.jpg (800x894, 230K)

Why does this game not have speech bubbles?

>this $30 expansion didn't provide a billion hours of entertainment this is bullshit!!!
you could spend $30 on a night at the movies and only get two hours of entertainment. shut the fuck up

Attached: 1357349965934.jpg (392x509, 95K)

it at most was like, 3-5 minutes of the pally and war going at it with the rest of us dead, didn't take that long. Was glad we cleared first try rather than having to do the fight over again.

Attached: 1484882234581.jpg (406x388, 79K)

>mfw have over a full year of gametime on my character
>burnt out but still find things to do
>still have classes to level
Thanks botting

Attached: D0A9lp-VAAAKYH0.jpg (1200x1029, 139K)

tfw 10k hours on steam

Attached: 1528706339117.gif (100x100, 23K)

Because speech bubbles look like shit

what's some good music to listen to while pitifully trying to catch up from level 7 in anemos?

Attached: 1439758196744.png (213x252, 23K)

>inflating hours to prove a point
>comparing a genre that thrives off its games as a service setup to an form of entertainment that lets it be known that its one and done
Also $30 for a movie? What are you watching it in? 4D? 3D tickets shouldn't cost that much unless you're taking someone else with you user. You can do better than that counter argument.

Attached: 1487972881895.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

>this ($40 + (15x24mo=$360) + (at least 4$ extra a month if you want to be able to store the metric shit ton of stuff the game throws at you x 24mo=$96) $496 expansion didn't provide a billion hours of entertainment

Not saying you are wrong, but it is a bit dishonest to claim that the cost of the game is only $30.

youtube.com/watch?v=0c_mhrB7LlQ&t=1s

I played 100 on early access for sb bro

youtube.com/watch?v=48rz8udZBmQ

where is your ultimate clear

It is so incredibly fucking gay that extra retainers aren’t a permanent purchase. I hate everything about FFXIV’s inventory system.

Yep every time I come back to the game I have to spend the first day just clearing out my old useless shit so I can make room to obtain new useless shit. My bro pays for 9 retainers, he is insane. That and those fucking 30 dollar mounts, I don't know how there hasn't been a worldwide lynching of triple A gaming companies yet.

>That and those fucking 30 dollar mounts, I don't know how there hasn't been a worldwide lynching of triple A gaming companies yet.
Because some of us make more than minimum wage or wagebux and can afford it

Attached: 1331001449835.jpg (383x500, 25K)

>Extra inventory space in a video game is something that must be paid for with real money
>Mounts that cost as much as another goddamn video game
I just want a meteor to knock this planet into the fucking sun.

Attached: 1525056184495.jpg (420x673, 34K)

>completely and irrevocably ruins your immersion

Attached: FFXIV_Alpha_Render_02.png (480x480, 245K)

>a construct made by an alien specifically to look non-threatening looks unnatural
Whoa... wtf...

don't bully alpha, he's doing his best

Tonight was a good raid night.

Attached: 1550465471274.gif (512x512, 510K)

>bought complete edition when it was on sale
>played through the 30 days I got for free
>got to 70, finished up the MSQ
>did some raids
>gametime ran out
>literally no urge to resub
Eh, was ok for the 15 bucks or whatever I paid for it.
It's honestly unimaginable to me how people stay subbed for longer than 1 month at a time.
I had more fun in a bunch of f2p MMOs.

Attached: 1552159173207.png (960x940, 453K)

nothing. everything you want to do is undersized now, removing 70% of the mechanics. also rotations are literally retarded now with the addition of job gauges

did you not make any friends

>hamlet was good game design

Attached: 1509663037627.gif (171x172, 962K)

Most people just resub when there's a new patch and play for a few weeks.

Only the special kind of autismos are subbed and playing throughout.

This but unironically

But user, I haven't played in a year and am already bored 2 weeks in. Just admit that the game is too flawed to enjoy.

This did it? not shoving in stuff from completely unrelated game series, but the cartoon Chocobo from FF spinoffs?

what? how?

>still no judge class
>still can’t side with the empire

Attached: C967CC1C-1500-4D96-9105-398B892A9289.png (267x500, 162K)

I joined a guild and met a few people there, but I see no point in paying monthly for chatting with them so I just hang out in their discord from time to time.

Playing the game as intended, even Yoshi agrees that you should unsub during content droughts
Making friends is excruciatingly difficult in XIV since everyone is walled off in their own cliques. It's not like XI where it's fairly easy to meet and befriend new people because the game encourages socialization.

Why do XIV players put up with this shit?

>He's a literal garlean rper.

Just stop, everyone in the game hates you.

Because this is what people are like now.

Attached: FFXV1.png (1196x830, 483K)

Is your bro a hardcore omni crafter? The fuck?

what are you trying to say with this image

I grind my teeth and try to bear it because it's ultimately just cosmetic shit and I can deal with the inventory space by tossing out junk. I like the fights, story, and worldbuilding so the game isn't completely irredeemable to me.
The moment I see P2W garbage is the moment I uninstall, fuck that whoreshit and fuck the whales for eating this fucking cash shop garbage up. I hate the goddamn principle of it.

A lot of things.

Attached: FFBE.jpg (666x832, 122K)

Based

It was never fun, everything is too slow

Why do people name their characters after already existing people/characters? What goes on in someone's mind after they decide to name their character kirito or asuna or whatever name that's already been picked thousands of times. I genuinely don't get this.

Attached: 1536166066121.png (207x308, 47K)

Remember when we used to laugh at the idea of cosmetic items? We now live in a reality where the companies somehow got people to accept this shit.

Attached: [Laughter stops].jpg (313x254, 56K)

Including your brain

Because they'll just change it after a while.

Yes, my brain slows down when I have to wait for literally everything in this game, it's so obvious that this was designed for console

Ya he is unironically autistic, he lives on social security because he can't handle going outside. Plays 10+ hours a day 7 days a week, it is basically his life. I worry what will happen to him if the game ever shuts down.

gamblers being retards, wow. nothing new.

>since everyone is walled off in their own cliques
This is probably the worst part of FFXIV for me. Exchanging bantz with randos used to be half the fun in MMOs, but in this game nobody ever fucking types in the chat. It makes XIV feel dead.

Because most of the classes went to shit and the content got easier.

Are you in the early game?

Ignore the fate train and just do the challenge log and maybe /shout lfg if a fate that's at your level or under pops and you'll you'll be lv20 before you know it.

Attached: 1503046493240.jpg (357x459, 109K)

>login
>do mini cactpot
>check the pf
>log out

Novice Network is basically their version of a general chat, so grind out that mentor status and you can have a community.

Fuck that. I just sat with the fate train and played shit on my Switch and 3DS.

>but in this game nobody ever fucking types in the chat
Because doing that is like begging for some asshurt tranny to report you for anything they can interpret as offensive and get you banned.

He'd just find a different game. People like him, just like all the others, are rather robust, when it comes to their chosen fields.

No, I've played on and off since ARR. I dip out after a week every few years because I can't stand the gcd and general sluggishness of the engine

You can only really get away with it in FCs and even that can be sketchy depending upon who your stupid officers decide to invite.

There's no banter because everyone reports and kicks you for the smallest shit

It's also designed to work as an mmo. Leave action meme shit in single player games. Skill and spell speed exists to make the gcd feel better later too.

Which job do you play and are you sure you are actually playing it well? How sure are you?

>still no date for 5.56
>fanfest is next week
where's the patch yoshi
where is it you fucking hack

When are we getting Part II?

American moderators were a mistake.

two weeks

I didn't even know that the novice network was a thing until I reached max level.
nobody has ever invited me into it and leveling up felt so lonely aside from dungeons.

Oh please, I was still able to do the warring triad and most of Alexander with only 15 to 20 minute queues on each. Completion isn't so rare as for it to be impossible to find a group.

It's not about that, the animation and slight skill delay fucks with my timing. In something like WoW the cast happens instantly, same with character movement. In XIV there's this animation build-up that I can't get over, it's extremely annoying

just play something better then

>muh old game
who cares, ARR is like 6 or 7 years old but people still play it english speakers still talk and banter freely in here as well

Attached: 1_kVRx1Bc9eMAKqr19a1Lc8Q.jpg (1024x768, 191K)

Not doing the challenge log is just stupid. The exp is much better then from fates and honestly if you are not at the right level for the fate itself you are wasting your time since the exp and rewards will be pitiful. You're better off just grinding mobs autistically for exp which is what the devs want you do to anyway if they later eureka zones after anemos are any indication.

>Because most of the classes went to shit and the content got easier.
For you

Attached: 1548559990441.jpg (1045x955, 366K)

>can't handle going outside
>can handle playing together with some of the vilest filth humanity has ever brought forth
I don't understand.

>muh wow
And there you have it.

I have never experienced that. What the hell is your ping?

>vilest filth humanity
>videogames
You have no idea what you're talking about. Visit Russia, Eastern Europe or South America sometime, you'll see actual filth there.

I'm pretty disappointed that we're not getting things like expanded cross class mechanics and more breaking of the role meta, but that's solely on raid balance and not casuals.

How is your nostalgia googles doing? Rag is trash.

Have what? Snappy response the moment I hit my keys? I guess it is too much to ask for from a game intended for PS3.

I remember horse armor being a huge deal. How times have changed

>designed for console
It's literally because you fucks were too stupid for fast combat in 1.0 retard. Console players are used to fast combat in general and are probably better at the game and gaming in general then you.

>googles
get glasses

He's complaining that he's moving out of attacks based on animation and not the cast bar because he's retarded.

Maybe you're accustomed to it, gook MMOs have been like this forever. It's usually a small build-up like when you hit right or left in a Mario game, the motion before he starts moving at full speed, except it applies to the whole system.

you're actually retarded
lol consolebabby

There's literally no delay when you hit movement keys. Are you fucking dumb?

Attached: 1546042913276.jpg (480x360, 21K)

ONE BIRRION MOB GRINDAN
go play tree of savior if you like that style so much :)
>wowfugee in a ffxiv thread rerun episode
Yawnlol

Not a raid but
>queue for daily expert dungeon as NIN alt
>get Ghimlyt Dark
>everything goes smoothly until last boss
>healer gets killed by 2nd bitch exploding barrels
>oh well surely the SMN will rez the healer
>SMN gets killed
>Bitch still has around 20-25%
>tank manages to survive but dies during the transition to last phase
>barely survive thanks to Second Wind and a fucking Super Potion
>LB the first twin
>do a perfect machine-like rotation with all the offensive CDs and kill the 2nd twin right before she finishes casting their attack
>still only get 2 comms

Glad someone brought this up. it makes Dark Arts spam almost impossible.

>press DA
>press the green button then souleater
>it skips the green button

There is, they fucked up the movement physics in ARR. You might be too young to remember.

Show me your rathalos ex clear shitter. You can't because that fight filters scum like out.

It's an MMO, and you will naturally get tired of it because every encounter can be boiled down to the same shit.

>ONE BIRRION MOB GRINDAN
just play overwatch if you want something else bro.

>tos
absolute trash, just another themepark

>There is, they fucked up the movement physics in ARR. You might be too young to remember.
I've played since 1.0 closed beta, nigger. Back then there actually WAS build-up to your movement because they had momentum. They changed that in ARR. There's now no fucking delay at all. You press the button in a direction and you move in that direction. You're actually fucked in the head.

That's always been my experience in these games with extended animations for every action. It's like you gotta wait for the animation to finish instead of it letting you cast the skill immediately.

I'm not into online only shooters with ugly western designs noty

Nope, you're just conditioned to it. There's still momentum to everything due to the shitty animations.

There's a queue system for skills that lasts like 2/3rds of a second. Stop mashing your damn buttons and it'll come out fine.

That is literally not how it works. You move full speed as soon as you press a directional key, and that shit is completely client-side.

Savage runs is just grinding the same mob over and over again until you get your item/clear. Little to no difference.

>its like you gotta wait for the animation
No you don't. You only need to wait if its an animation lock. The rest pop off fast enough, double weaving exists

I'm moving in the game right now and there's no delay at all. You're either insane or whatever you're playing on is fucked.

bros how is dark mage?

Great fun. big explosions and big numbers.

Attached: 1544323666559.jpg (1518x797, 450K)

>dark mage

its ok, easy to learn hard to master in hard content

>bros how is chad mage?
Best and most satisfying caster

Attached: PS_Messages_20190106_235622.jpg (1920x1080, 620K)

spell go boom

Does SMN still have that ridiculously long opener?

The main problem that long time players have with stormblood is that its good but its extremely similar to the previous expansion in terms of the content we're getting, which is good content but not content that mixes things up.
The content that does mix things up isn't very good. I started playing a couple years ago several months after SB came out so Im still having a blast, but I'm sure that I won't feel the same half way in Shadowbringers if this keeps up.

Yeah, but it's not as complicated as it used to be if I remember right.

It's basically split into 3 or 4 phases that repeat throughout the entire fight, and they always repeat in the same order.

That's not based blue mage.

way more gay than SMNchad
>someone turns off other player animations
>BLM turns into a stick waving retard
>SMN still gets to fuck with the biggest most obnoxious dragon in the game covering everyones field of view and generally making things more difficult than they need to be
can't wait for /bahamutsize extralarge in 5.0

Attached: bahabro.png (883x668, 1.27M)

>Doing Praet to top off one of my last classes
>someone managed to die on the part where you ride the magitek armor around
???????????????????????

mint dew is the cutest black mage

Blu would've been better if it had more of a rotation tbqh. Collecting and seeing the spells for the first time was cool, but that's about it

>thinking rath ex is the true shitter filter
this is how I know you're a brainlet dps main

I join public trials and put the mark of shame on whoever fucks up mechanics, it never fails to piss people off, but I've never gotten warned for it.

>Omega Raid = set of glorified Extremes

Attached: Guardian.png (444x646, 371K)

Post >yfw
youtube.com/watch?v=FT8lDuQtrgE

Attached: 1543127117492.jpg (352x338, 121K)

one of the easiest yet highest dps classes in the game. the rotation itself is kinda boring though.

Attached: 1501722127276.png (875x949, 248K)

>pugging Savage when the average player is an idiot
You only have yourself to blame for the Guardian meme

i've pretty much accepted that the game is never going to change in any meaningful way
like i don't hate the game but i really only subscribe for major patches, because i don't have any reason to keep current with the game. if i had a raid group it might be a different story but i kinda don't want to ruin the game for myself by feeling obligated to play it

I'm still waiting on my shitty ass friends to actually put the time in and clear a savage raid, most have difficulty on the normal versions and give up after two wipes on savage.

>Have to do math on the fly
Nooooooope

youtu.be/lDG7ID6_Txg had me more hype because voice acting and heavy rain

Do you have autism, too?

It isn't this shitter filter, it's the PC elitest shitter filter as even greylets can clear it. This game is mostly about memorization and rathalos shits on that so most pcfags like yourself hate it and can't clear it. Lot's of ''orange'' parsers or whatever the meme color for poopsock parses is can't clear this fight to save their life.

It's not the hot new thing anymore. It's just kinda chugging along.

Me as MCH buffs when

>not having a cheat sheet

Attached: 7775577add090078f41f4fa4772eab93.jpg.png (250x263, 80K)

Attached: noclip3 playtime full.jpg (1024x5013, 2.85M)

I know these are bait but I know someone out there just can't do some third grade math problem because they're panicking. It's very amusing.

Attached: 1B415EB5-80BB-49D8-BB02-D1497FE91C30.png (512x512, 531K)

If it's not the hot thing then why the fuck is my dead server getting so full. This game is fucking packed right now and a big update didnt even drop recently

Am I a retard of I main MCH?

who is the canonical waifu and why is it Alisaie?

Attached: 1552355248679.jpg (1408x2000, 351K)

>le plays for 8 hours a day "Why isnt it fun anymore" user
I swear no matter what fucking game it is there's always you autists.
If its not fun anymore than dont fuckin play it. No game is supposed to last forever

Attached: f35.png (800x500, 816K)

No, MCH still does good damage it is just absolute ass to play

Most of the difficulty comes from the fact that you're not used to it and that you have to stop dpsing and properly look at where you have to stand. Nowadays you'll almost always clear the fight the first try anyway.

Any time I see a MCH in a SB raid I assume he is trolling. There is literally L I T E R A L L Y no reason to ever go MCH over BRD. Ever. Not in this expansion.

>no one wants to do learning parties for O11S at this point because the top raiders already got their 405 weapon and 400 gear
>no one wants to do O8S farm parties at this point because everyone already got their shit back in 4.2 and cleared UWU in 4.3

Attached: 1550897088394.jpg (400x400, 23K)

I used to stay up til 4 am playing this
Who else

The WoL is too autistic to get a girlfriend, you can tell because he mostly communicates by nodding and punching his fist.

Attached: 1536912988483.png (1366x768, 1.58M)

What about flavour?

I'm probably going to do what I did for Heavensward and Stormblood and stay up as much as possible during the first week in the rush to my first 80. Both times my partners have gone to bed before the 3rd day.

This is bait but I'll bite anyway why would you want to be a buff bitch who is more singer then archer? I want to kill shit not sing faggy songs.

I wouldn't fault someone for not knowing the mechanic off the bat. But the circles don't change values, user, they're static, so I wouldn't expect anyone to fail after they've had the mechanic explained.

lol, you are absolutely full of shit
m+kb allows much more freedom of movement and better reaction time
show me even one savage clear of yours bro
you absolute shitter

all the guns look like shit tho

Wrong Levilleur

Attached: 1545856664459.jpg (520x799, 51K)

>bards
>not based chads whose dicks get them into trouble
>calling a class NEEDED for high-end content a buff bitch

do you even DnD? or literally any fantasy game?

MCH has higher DPS, you just can't fuck up your rotation

I do not comprehend the words you are using to express yourself regarding Eureka. I was scared off from playing it for a whole year because constant bitching here on /v that it was ultra grindy with no payoff but I have recently went through both Anemos and Pagos this last week and it has been the most fun I have had in XIV since Stormblood's launch when I was still going through the story. The old school grindy aspect and party forming to farm notorious monsters is addicting as hell. I love how I constantly get one shot but there is a true community inside and there is always a res nearby. Eureka has breathed fresh life straight into the veins of XIV and I hope they continue building on it or something similar in Shadowbringers.

is this a good game for making friends?

is leveling fun? I only have 1-2 hours per day except for my day off

Not him but how does mkb have better freedom and reaction time lol? It's all about knowing your controls rather than what you're using. You elitists are cringe as fuck

I played on and off since ARR and have made 0 friends.

Attached: BLU lol.jpg (512x384, 119K)

whatever you say, consolebaby
you clearly do not play games on pc

>making friends
If you put in effort and find people. You have to remember that quite a few people are autistic weebs. Leveling can be a huge chore at times, but the overall game is fun when you're brand new.

First month I stayed up all night playing and went to work tired but happy at least once a week.

Now nearly five years later I sleep all night and go to work rested but unhappy. I play about once a week for an hour or two.

Attached: 1385487203337.jpg (913x855, 138K)

that's not very nice of ron

Fags deserve the death penalty.

Attached: 1538231350522.png (384x465, 293K)

youtu.be/urijgWXLYck?t=891

This will explain it.

They've designed the game to become a second job, and that's boring.

I'm an idort, fellow infant-minded user

Attached: 1552312436477.png (848x1550, 510K)

Seething

Attached: 1526963482823.jpg (2000x1500, 329K)

>They've designed the game to become a second job, and that's boring.
What the fuck are you talking about? It's the complete opposite.

You're fucking joking, XIV is the most lenient MMO out there. Grinding never takes too long and Yoshida himself has FAMOUSLY said that the game is designed so players can get what they want out of a patch, then not have to play until the next patch.

>They've designed the game to become a second job
What game are you playing? The only content I can find to do on most days is big fishing.

I would recommend saving your challenge log exp to boost you from level 21 so you can nm train easier in Pagos. It's only like 8 hours of NM grinding to get to 20 anyways which is one afternoon of playing. It is way worse to get to level 20 without any challenge log exp and trying to do anything in Pagos.

>big fishing
Based and repilled

>just spent like an hour in World of Darkness

Attached: Adult_Lyanna_Stark_(brightened_image).jpg (348x473, 63K)

Hey if you like it then thats great, you don't need to agree with me but the overall community consensus is negative in regards to Eureka. To me Eureka just killed off player engagement overall instead of "breathing life" into the game and the participation numbers only prove this. The old school grind doesn't fit with our combat style or reward structure since we're way faster than the MMOs of old and work on a treadmill thanks to iLvl. JP was the only one who even got near to 20% of active pop with Lvl 50 Pyros by the time Hydatos was out.

Attached: Eureka_Numbers_BC.png (761x353, 18K)

>It's only like 8 hours of NM grinding to get to 20 anyways which is one afternoon of playing
I have a 9-5 job, user. I can't play autism simulators all day like you

Attached: 1361584814530.gif (200x200, 404K)

>pld and drk both decide to not tank ultima
>I do it as a drg

Attached: beecat.jpg (720x825, 30K)

Not an argument, I have an 8 hour job too and still managed it.

Not a single one of you watched the portion of the video I was referring to - where the developer was talking about how the heart and soul of partying up and killing big bads is the excitement to see what drops.

XIV has this built into every level of its design - Kill a boss 4 times get your chest, kill it 4 more times and get your pants.

When you can look at the loot pool in its entirety and tally how often you'll have to do each things until you have all your gear there's literally no excitement left in logging on and killing a boss because in the words of the developer it's just "getting a pay check".

Unfortunately the heart and soul of XIV is teleporting around and talking to NPCs which is horrendously boring.

So fucking spread the hours out over the course of a few days????????? Some of you are really fucking retarded

Eat shit

Reminder challenge logs reset every week. Dont be like this autist and level through more than one eureka zone in a week.
Actually just dont do eureka. Its too late.

If you're killing things to get gear, you're playing the game wrong. Gear is worthless for anything but glamour.

>posts anime girl when called out
you truly are subhuman

I ruined a whole year in university because of this. Literally had to retake 12 courses

Alexander was pure kino

Yeah dream on try and walk backwards or even just slowly foward and see how you struggle I bet you use the standard camera. And even so gamepad is just as if not better in this game. The only time m+kb might be better is healing because keybinds and even that is debatable. And it doesn't matter anyway since console players can use m+kb as well so your argument is moot anyway.
But besides that the only shitter is you since ''savage'' doesn't mean shit cause I've been in plenty of parties where ''ultimate legends'' couldn't handle rathalos ex because that fight actually requires you to have a brain and pay attention. You can't just autistically poopsock it until it's burned into you. The only shitter here is you.

>Gear is worthless for anything but glamour

Another big reason why the game is shit and no one enjoys playing it anymore.

Americans...

Attached: 1545567470674.png (514x352, 32K)

Stay upset bitch lol

>complaining about anime in a thread about a japanese mmo
How do I know from wow besides the fact that you admitted it?

>glamour is true endgame
Why is it whenever i hear that from someone its almost fucken guaranteed that person dont know shit about their class.

I parse purple and orange, nigger. It's the truth. Your gear is the same meaningless, bland stat stick you had 3 months ago. And in 3 months you're going to replace it again with another thing piece exactly like it. But maybe with DET instead of DH this time.

>want to glam as this
>SE refuses to put anything from IX in the game besides Ozma (gated behind 4 instances of autistic grinding) and the Zidane glamour
i hate this company

Attached: 1518584467683.jpg (1500x2941, 1.96M)

What would you have them do then? horizontal progression? Sorry that ship has long since sailed.

There is only so much to learn and do in this game though.

Because an outfit like that would accentuate the fact that our characters have no ass in this game.

>Labyrinth earlier today
>everything runs smoothly until Behemoth
>tank pulls but just doesn't turn the boss around
>his cleaves break the fucking boulders
>no one trying to kill the adds
>wipe twice because of this
>almost wiped again but DOTs managed to kill him as we all died to a meteor

This fucking game sometimes, man

THE HEARTS OF MEN ARE BLACK WITH CORRUPTION AND MUST NEEDS BE CLEANSED

Attached: 1550450432357.jpg (1280x720, 256K)

>I-I can't clear other content but I can clear Rathalos EX and that makes me special even though everyone has the mount...

>It's only like 8 hours of NM grinding to get to 20 anyways which is one afternoon of playing
You seem to have this thought that everyone is autistic as you are. No fucking way did you actually spend 8 hours in a row in Eureka, I refuse to believe that

Maybe next expac, despite IX jolly looking mask its got some angst to it, And lets not forget that Gunbreaker is the other "heh nothing personal" job because Squall and FF8 is like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=yUrC5R30Ofk

We'll see it soon.

While true xiv gear progression is trash i prefer it since it means i can just do the savage fights clear it and get my shit within 3 months and nope the fuck out til the following raid tier. Basically i have minimal grinding to do to get into the content i wanna do. I didnt mean you but whenever i would run an alliance raid and people would start spouting that shit in alliance chat, id just be wondering why the fuck does it still take 8 minutes to kill mateus.
Honestly i dont know why most players complain about the gear drops in this game. I genuinely dont know what they are using the gear for.

Lea Monde will be in ShB. The entire end fetch quest of Ivalice was foreshadowing.

Attached: 1541383428987.jpg (800x425, 90K)

Nigger?

The bottle?

>What would you have them do then
Make a unique game instead of a safe one.

>mentor roulette into triple sprout Brayflox as BLM
>everything going smooth up to the lake part soon after first boss(?)
>PLD does a big dick pull, SCH can't keep up
>tank dies with 4 mobs alive, 1 attacks SCH and the rest 3 go for me
>with like 5% HP remaining I panic a Swiftcast + Sleep out of my ass and the 3 mobs stop raping my sensitive caster butt
>focus fire the single stray mob with BRD while SCH resurrects PLD
>after HPs are top'd Lucid agro away and kill the rest of the pack
>everyone applauds at my genius and comms me at the end
>feel like a true mentor

Attached: comms.jpg (2503x807, 613K)

Is this the hourly XIV rant thread?
- Game sucks because it's not XI
- I put in 5000 hours over 3 years and I'm already bored
- There's no content. Content that's not raidlogging doesn't count.
- I hate that this final fantasy game has a story
- I've been unsubbed for a year but I'm definitely not obsessed just because I'm still in these threads every day
- Yoshi is a hack
- Trannies
See you all again in a couple hours.

Shut the fuck up Ireland

Yeah.

Attached: 1536117380068.png (925x1346, 2.09M)

>want to do Saturday content
>don't have a proper schedule to devote time to it due to wageslaving
>time passes and people stop doing it
>trying to pug it before or after this point results in playing with a bunch of morons who don't know how to do mechanics

Feels bad, man.

HAHAHA YOU'RE A NIGGER

based

You simply can't deny the women in this game have Hank Hill ass

based

>You have an issue with my work, Ijin?

Attached: 20180316-yn-06.jpg (600x600, 196K)

i said all these things, they're all me

Fuck off back to your monkey jungle you thirsty nigger virgin

I wasn't even the person you were arguing with, I just wanted to call you a nigger. That's why I mod.

>Deltascape, but you progress through the Rift and engage V enemies before fighting the bosses
>Sigmascape, but you go through the appropriate VI areas before fighting the boss
>maybe getting to explore Chaos Temple, Middy's planet, and Omega's planet a little

Would have been nice.

Except for you it seems. And I've cleared other extreme/savage content so it's not like there is anyuthing special about ratahlos. It's piss easy. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's hard or anything, it's the opposite. The only thing with it though is that it's random and that you have to pay attention. Something that console players are used to. Not so much in XIV. It's just laughable that you probably count yourself among the ''masterrace'' yet only play xiv and think that this makes you better then others. And you're just a filthy hypocrite because I'm 99% sure you use ACT to babysit you anyway.
Face it XIV is about the only thing that has any meaning in your life

Attached: 1510128836837.jpg (431x683, 74K)

>having sleep on your bar at all
nerd

you really are projecting a lot, loliposter
stay mad, stay fat, stay virgin

>Alte Roite (which really should have been called Jura Aevis, we didn't even see the old man)

This bothered me so much. Also, Halicarnassus lost her penis.

Sleep is fantastic for low dungeons pug runs you retard

BASED

And then it fails because unique doesn't mean good. And unique is very dangerous for mmos since new players are it's lifeblood so you want as many people playing it. This means you have to dumb things down unfortunately.

>454435848
ESL hours who up

>he didn't expect O8 to be funny

>needing sleep at all
lmao

I was having so much fun that I didn't even realize that I played in Eureka for 12 hours straight the first day I got into it. It is an incredibly different type of content for XIV and I love it.

I used Swiftcast Sleep in a lowbie dungeon on my alt when the tank died and got nothing.

it's such a dumb name to go with, especially with every retard going 'HAHA ALT RIGHT'

>everyone applauds at my genius
Laying it on a bit thick there, friendo.

you forgot a > in your post

>virgin
LIMSA
L
I
M
S
A

>Game sucks because it's not XI
Had someone in fc chat bitching about the jump button existing in xiv because muh xi
Why are xi shitters the fucken worst?
I dread to see the state of xiv nostalgia shitters 15 years from now logging on the next ff mmo. Bitching about muh Class quests

SAM question

Should i forego an initial Shinten so that i can Kaiten a Higanbana

>Also $30 for a movie? What are you watching it in? 4D? 3D tickets shouldn't cost that much

Are you one of those cunts who brings in snacks from outside by hiding them in your jacket?

always kaiten higanbana

>running low dungeons as BLM
I get you're doing Mentor roulette but jesus man

Seven hells

>doesn't deny it

Stormblood in terms of gameplay and "new" content has been good. Everything else wasn't.
Everything was very underwhelming xcept for the 24 man ivalice raid.

In English Einstein

At least I have the mount :^)

>Alte Roite
>Alt Right

Never realized this, im laughing

Based le flying snake of fuck nigs and fuck trannies

Always fucken kaiten your iaijutsu.

>Should i forego an initial Shinten so that i can Kaiten a Higanbana
I hate anime watchers so fucking much

Attached: 1540623708768.jpg (538x546, 53K)

Are you looking forward to a new settlement inside the Crystal Tower becoming the new hub city for 5.0 built by the Allag's former disposable chimeric clone shocktroopers the Hrothgar?

They even have a name for the crystal settlement that can travel around taking it's inhabitants between the shards, a name given to it by the last of the Allagan royal bloodline and their leader G'raha Tia. NOAH's Ark.

>>still can’t side with the empire

Why would you want to side with discount Organization XIII and their Garlean lackeys?

>Find out the four lords are in the game
>Go ahead and do them because I enjoyed FFL
>Do Suzaku for the first time
>Wind up with a why boner from her screeching

please tell me I'm not the only one

Attached: 1546985820244.jpg (346x361, 39K)

>should I forego an initial nippon so that i can fujitsu a hiroshima
this is why i don't play sam

finally hit 70 in everything after taking a years break from the game
time to get super fucking bored again unless i want to start another MGP grind

Attached: ui6JlRR.png (376x603, 294K)

Naw. I do low dungeons sometimes with friends who are levelling. I noticed people in xiv threads constantly assume.

I never saw those kinds of comments. Mostly I was just grumpy they used the wrong name.

I'm outing you as the roast beef you are(or I hope you are) because only a woman would suddenly use the ''virgin'' card because at the end of the day sex is their only real bargaining chip. That or a really sad beta white knight.
Retard

STOP HAVING FUN

Well you see, originally i thought to simply dump all my Kenki into Shintens amd Gurens but i know my Kaiten works on Higanbana, so i should forego an initial Shinten so that i might do that and then i can Meikyo Shisui all my Sen and resume doing so and then rotate naturally into my Midare Setsugekka fillers

Had a run of Gubal once, I was tank. All 3 other party members died halfway into the first boss. Ended up soloing him by myself while they cheered me on from the barrier. They couldn't believe what they were seeing.

I'm glad you're not on the lore team

>Allag's former disposable chimeric clone shocktroopers the Hrothgar?

Oh fucking God

Attached: 1274752566298.jpg (344x326, 44K)

This is why SAM is the only job I haven't touched. At least with NIN they translated most of the ability names aside from a few for flavor.

will it be the 8man raid?

Yeah sorry man, I assumed you were doing mentor roulettes because you said you were doing mentor roulettes. My bad

Attached: 1546767223822.png (492x504, 356K)

I should be using kaiten on both higanbana and midare always?
Arigato

We banned Jews in my country so you can bring your own stuff in. Besides i can wait 2 and a half hours between meals.

I'm not the user who wrote the story. I stepped in to comment about sleep. You're assuming again. Jesus Christ

The Four Lords stuff disappointed me. Suzaku was alright, but it's hard to waifu someone continually screaming about another man.

On a more serious note, the lack of a fight against Koryu was unforgivable. And it basically ended the same way as the third Ivalice Raid.

Also, if you just play the scenario through in full now, Suzaku and Seiryu just show up right before the sidequest ends, so you barely get to know them. Especially Seiryu.

>he didn't hack the game to let him level Blue Mage to 70

Step it up, senpai.

Attached: 1550092185644.gif (100x100, 255K)

It is similar to previous expansions and I know Shadowbringers won't change that either. The moment they mentioned Primals and Beast tribes you already know what to expect.

Stormblood would've been a great opportunity to try a different rep and faction system. Stuff like the confederate, garlean supporters, and the resistance...but no you get the typical shit.

The issue with SB wasn't that the content was similar because there a few things different. It was just the lack of everything else compared to HW. SB was a step down in terms of raids, music, story and some dungeons. I mean Ala Mhigo was good and I thought it would open up more diverse and grand scale dungeons down the line but Ghymlit Dark fucking sucked.

Omega was very stale and the story was not as in depth like Alexander or Final Coil. The only good thing that came out of SB was Ivalice and Ultimate raids.

Eureka while having its issues was still different and I commend that. I just hope though for end game they mix elements from the Ivalice raids with stuff they had in Coil or Alexander.

BLU would be better if it was an actual job

Suzaku is absolutely top wife in this game

Now I'm assuming you're just a sperg. The retard bit is at least a given.

Attached: suzaku.jpg (725x549, 90K)

kek

>it's a contrarian user pretends Coil and Alexander had indepth stories until 3rd wings episode
Every time

Have to constantly watch out for mechanics though.

I always use kaiten for every iajutsu and kasha/gekko and just use shinten when I have spare kenki but yes you should definitely use kaiten for every iajutsu and especially higanbana since the dot is bigger then.

Yeah, the lack of Koryu as a capstone was kind of disappointing, but they would've had a hard time building him up as this absolute monster you're trying to seal away and then have you cut him down in a trial. I at least hoped for a solo instance where you had to hold him off for a bit while the ward was restored.

Also, the final lord was a little disappointing compared to the rest, the mechanics weren't anything new or surprising like Byakko's schmup like thingy and Su's DDR. I was hoping we'd get one more off the wall thing to top it all off.

Whatever will help you sleep at night. Also try reddit, they use names there and such. This whole anonymous thing might not be for you.

>sneak attack and trick attack say hi
Oh wait it was just trick attack now right? Haven't played NIN since heavensward.

Now you're assuming that I'm the guy you originally replied to. Way to be a hypocrite because I'm not.

>sneak attack and trick attack are swapped
>aeolian edge and armor crush are swapped
>they're even swapped in JP
Why

BLU would be better if it was retarded strong to make up for the limited content you can use it in. Instead, you pretty much need a 70 to carry you through content unless you want to take five million years to wrestle with the low RNG drop rate.

>the lack of a fight against Koryu was unforgivable

Seriously. You're even about to step up and the others are like "OH NO, YOU CAN'T FIGHT HIM HE'S TOO POWERFUL".

Are you fucking SERIOUS? I've literally fought gods, millennia old dragons, voidsent and Ascians and even Omega, who could literally have destroyed the world any time he wanted with little more than a thought, and you're telling me I can't kill a fucking horse? You'd rather just seal him away so you have to go through this whole fucking drama all over again the next time the seals weaken?

Fuck off. Fuck you.

If I had money I would get another sub and play it with someone, it's always fun with friends imo

because fuck you and fuck your macros

It's retarded strong in dungeons but not boss fights. It does need high potency tricks though. You don't actually need level 7p carries, people are just impatient and want carries

you can practically solo it now you lazy fuck

The first part of Alexander was perfectly rich with explaining the Enigma Codex and Alexander's purpose as a walking utopia. The second was filler, sure. But it both started and ended strong.
Omega was just "ERRYBODY START FIGHTING OR I DELETE UP HYDAELYN"

Attached: WHAT IS VOID.jpg (256x223, 64K)

His mechanic was having his adds spout memes.

Attached: Dwe5owSU0AEVZNG.jpg (510x529, 66K)

Yet some NPCs have them.

>he still plays WoW in 2019

Attached: 1546838156714.png (765x715, 517K)

Maybe we shouldn't have fought so they could delete the game.

Anyone else see someone wearing Smelter Demon helm every time they see this thumbnail?

>it's ultimately just cosmetic shit

It doesn't work like this. Any cash shop is bad, it causes the game developer to go more and more hard towards it because of how much they make from whales.

Case in point: I don't mind buying the game, buying the expansions and paying a subscription monthly ontop of that. But the second you relegate stuff to being cash shop only it kills it for me. Look at how down the drain seasonal events are.

Expect to see more of this in the future because this is what makes games money these days.

Attached: 56161614.png (578x547, 74K)

>the Virgin Omega
>the Chad recolor of Kirin

>Dark Souls
Take your incel school shooter games somewhere else

Cool, but most of you mentors are ass being lazy as fuck players only cast one spell just to get by and level up your next alt job.

No, because I'm not an autistic Dark Souls baby.

Attached: 1526341590710.jpg (494x339, 44K)

I thought mogstation cosmetics are made by a third party, old event shit aside

Most people here who play xiv don't play anything else so don't expect them to make a connection like that.

Can confirm.

Pic related, our real Static group photo

Attached: allus.jpg (1041x1041, 115K)

its missing the giant fucking anus so no

*tips fedora* agreed my fellow hollow

cash shop onry. prease rook forward to it

But ozma is in weeping city

How do you know Smelter Demon is souls if you've never played it?

>it causes the game developer to go more and more hard towards it because of how much they make from whales
And yet with the very last patch they introduce one of the most desirable mounts in the game (Ozma) that is only achievable for extremely dedicated long-term players instead of being pay-for.

The only thing that's hollow is that sad excuse of a skull of yours because only a brainless retard could make such a garbage post.

Is it true rdm has one of the lowest dps outputs even if executed well?

Unless they're adding real asses into the cash shop too it just won't be the same. If they did add ass augments to the shop I'd probably buy them though...

Because it's in the deadzone between expansions.

Have sex

Shit, it wasn't even a recolor, it looked exactly the same.

Like this grandpa

Attached: Screenshot-2019-3-14 Smelter Demon - Google zoeken.png (1217x830, 235K)

Wow a single mount. They sure are pulling out the stops for those extremely dedicated long-term players!

You'll have to make due with mods, unfortunately.

Yep. It's intentionally balanced that way, since they can provide instant raises and powerful heals for a DPS, enabling them to take pressure off the healers and allowing healers to DPS more in turn, in theory.
All in all it makes RDM pretty low tier in terms of high end raid play because they're already squeezing every drop of DPS out of the healers.
However nobody in XIV is terribly, significantly underpowered. Nobody's going to kick a RDM out in hopes of getting a better queue-in-progress DPS or something.

Yet you're 397 get gud

you're a pathetic incel, lol

>falling for the in-theater food scheme
>paying for overpriced popcorn/candy/drinks
Also you do realize many theater employees are min wage college students who rarely give a shit right? Still if you're going to buy food in there you're better off finding a theater with its own actual food service where you have chefs make shit for you.

>complains about mogstation and asses
kek

>Wow a single mount. They sure are pulling out the stops for those extremely dedicated long-term players!
It's actually more like three mounts in one, since it transforms. That's what I meant by desirable, y'see?
I mean, it's not like there's a deluge of content that is all highly desirable and not pay-for. Like Ultimate weapons or Omega armor. Clearly, glamour is pay to win.
You fucking whiner.

Are there mods? Decent ones, I mean. I saw that shitty nude mod years ago that some cunt wanted like 10 bucks for and took a bye. Are there actual decent mods now?

I still find game pretty fun with really lots of content I didn't even bothered to start, like squadrons or sb deep dungeon
Great game

>the Chad resize of Kirin
ftfy

it's the lowest dps caster, which puts it in the middle of the pack since casters do a lot of damage
lowest personal dps is currently drg or nin, if i remember right

>its strong in one and done content
What a great feature for outdated content that offers no relevant reward in of itself.
>b-but glamour farm
Lvl 70s do it better thanks to unsync'd

Was it because your mother left your family for a woman before you got one.

Thats because RDM is the safety net for netflix healers.

Who says I haven't? I can still a play a game and hate it and the loud obnoxious fanbase around it.

>implying I was going to defend blu with farming glam off arr primals in 2019
Nigga what?

Don't you have a school to shoot up, you asshurt Souls baby.

aren't those literally the only two major flaws this game has?

How do you feel about this? my.mixtape.moe/deybdt.webm

Attached: 1248023530846.jpg (588x418, 22K)

>made by a third party
A lie spread by uninformed Forum posters user. Everything that is originally China/Korea exclusive is made in-house. They just ask SE for certain items per their contractual obligation since they do help them license and release the game in their respective regions. They work pretty much how Digital Extremes does with Warframe in China. They make Gear and Frames in-house and by contract guarantee a timed exclusivity only to release it later on the global build.

>incel
And into the trash it goes. We're done here it seems. I hope your balls get cut off but you probably don't have any anyway if you're stooping to calling people virgin or incel.

Only virgin neckbeards think the flat butts is a flaw. Go jerk off to porn or some shit

You don't know how to read do you? I mentioned that compared to Coil and Alex. Omega was fucking shit. Yes even with the filler on the 3rd wings it was still fucking better than the bullshit Omega pulled. The whole story of Omega was nothing compelling or interesting. It was just practically a E.T story with no major plot point.

The design of the raids also was terrible. it didn't feel like a "raid' at all just nothing but Mega man boss battles.

>cat
>meme shorts

All interest lost.

When they shut down the servers, the game was reborn as a corpse that was being puppeteer-ed by wow and erp kids. I know of some whales who drop 3k in a couple months just off gender change potions off their autism bucks.

Truly a game for the mentally retarded.

t. pedo or australian

You must be a nigger irl

Then what is the defense for a job that can slightly do a better job than other jobs at 50 which it doesn't thanks to bosses being immune to a good chunk of BLU's kit on outdated content?

Low IQ post. There are other mounts that shift forms depending on mode of transport (magitech armour). Really shows the lengths they go for "extremely dedicated long-term players" (your words, lol)

>Clearly, glamour is pay to win.

There are pay to win elements on the cash shop though, like level boosts, story potions and being able to higher multiple retainers (very useful). But of course... that's just pay2go faster right? lol.

>You fucking whiner.

Did you see how shitty the last event was and that 'reward' compared with the latest cash shop glamour? lol

>playing nu-xiv
cringe

Look up how to do TexTools and look at the xivmodarchive. Don't let the terrible taste has discourage you.

No.. not at all. Fan service is the least I care for in xiv

I honestly completely forgot there was an event going on for Little Ladies' Day. What the fuck was even the reward for it this time around?

Sauce? I'll look into it at least. I'm assuming that it probably only modifies the base outfit or something and probably doesn't give any new dimension to existing armors and such.

I've messed around with Cheat Engine a little, but it can only modify the tits and you can only increase their size just a little before things start looking really janky.

Just like in previous games they have high utility.

A flower crown.
That's it.

>There are other mounts that shift forms depending on mode of transport (magitech armour).
Those are sight reshapes, like spawning jets or such. Ozma completely changes form for each mode.
>Really shows the lengths they go for "extremely dedicated long-term players" (your words, lol)
I mean, it is? Ozma is an absolutely sick mount, I would put it at top of all mounts in the game in terms of desirability. I really fuckin' want it, myself.
So, your mockery is trite and hollow.
>There are pay to win elements on the cash shop though, like level boosts, story potions and being able to higher multiple retainers (very useful). But of course... that's just pay2go faster right? lol.
Paying to not play the game is not paying to win.

xivmodarchive.com/ His body looks like Tight n' Firm. There are several modded outfits that fit the body mods and show off the changes.

Don't forget the Valentine's rewards that were literally just Gold Saucer monster weapons they withheld because they forgot to make anything for it.

Attached: 1550583082703.jpg (258x245, 12K)

I've probably speared more roasties on my fat dick than you've made shitty posts on Yea Forums, the flat butts don't make any sense for my catgirls to have when they should have tasty butt muscles.

>Fan service is the least I care for in xiv

maybe you're just autistic with zero sex drive.

Attached: 13546677.jpg (540x481, 95K)

it's a cute crown tho

>Paying to not play the game is not paying to win
>paying for level ups and extra inventory+gatherers+auction house slots isn't pay to win
I really wish I could hate you people to death for killing my hobby.

Not much of an ally are you if go hating on black people. I thought your kind loved having black men fuck your women?

The game has more major flaws than two.

Break up scholar and summoner already. Fix the pet system. Dark Knight is outdated since HW. LIMIT BREAK Blue Mage. A more developed system for GC. Different rep factions instead of beast tribes.

Fix catching up through old content or break up into small sections. Fix the netcode. Can't converse with npcs on mounts etc

Not that user but you do realize its literally just reusing the Ozma asset they dediccate for the boss fight right? All they had to do is scale it down for players and add a section for you to sit on, thats it. With that in mind we could have had the same mount when the first Ozma fight came out. Other mounts that change forms took more effort to make than Ozma or any other mount that is just reusing a enemy/boss model.

you wildly underestimate the amount of bad posts i've made
just an outpouring of zero effort shit that sucks to read

>Ozma completely changes form for each mode.

Wow... the simple cube changes to a simple sphere or whatever other basic geometric shape you can imagine.. such effort for "extremely dedicated long-term players", now make sure to buy the latest five $30 mounts at mogstop

>Paying to not play the game is not paying to win.

I pay to play games not pay to not play games unlike your retarded fucking ass lmao.

Attached: 111re.jpg (1440x1080, 170K)

B-b-but think of how much work it took them to apply the Hydatos texture on it...!

You should have complained over a decade ago when people were buying horse armor dlc. It's too late now, complaining does nothing. The world of microtransactions has dug in its roots and its not going anywhere.

Not the user you're arguing with but if you ask me is the only thing that comes close to pay2win is the SDS fenrir mount since it has a real gameplay advantage in the form of already having +1 mountspeed and even then it's debatable.

Why are you even here if you don't want to level up characters?
Retainers is pay for convenience, honestly. Since the last inventory expansion combined with glamour rework I've had more than enough room for everything I've ever wanted to do and still have blank pages to spare.
I know what it is, and it doesn't have to have required incredible dev time to be a fantastic mount all the same. Honestly the point is pointless. Extra dev time doesn't sweeten anything.

You sound like an erp loser I knew on Discord. He thought he was the shit for cyber sexing grown men in games LOL

That guy must be some kind of turd burglar, everyone I know from my XI days constantly wished there was a jump button. When I played the ARR beta and could finally fucking jump I ran around town doing basically nothing but that for 10 minutes, just to get a decade of being a jumpless pleb out of my system. Christ, I used clipping hacks the last couple years of XI not to cheat, but because I was so fucking sick of having to walk half a mile to get around an eight-inch rise in the ground that prevented me from going cleanly from A to B.

Was there and not nu-xiv? And for the love of god I hope you don't mean 1.0

>Retainers is pay for convenience
Right right, I should have known you were one of those dumb BDO niggers.
>Y-y-you can't actually BEAT an MMO so nothing you do is P2W! It's only P2W if you pay to get to the credits otherwise it's just pay for convenience!
A lobotomy patient has more brain function than you "people"

>such effort for "extremely dedicated long-term players"
Effort doesn't have a direct relationship with quality. You can spend a thousand hours on trash and it will still be trash.
>I pay to play games not pay to not play games
So why complain that the option to pay to not play exists?

>I've had more than enough room for everything I've ever wanted to do and still have blank pages to spare.
That's great fr you but even if the amount is greater than ARR and HW we need to consider the scale of items given to us since then. Item buildup is much more rapid in XIV compared to other MMOs, especially for one that doesnt put much emphasis on crafting as a gear alternative outside of day 1 raiding.
>I know what it is, and it doesn't have to have required incredible dev time to be a fantastic mount all the same
No one is really arguing that it isn't a cool mount, what they're arguing is it took almost little to no dev time to make, something that you are arguing so how about you stop moving the goalposts. Ozma's mount took almost no effort as it had assets already sitting since fuckking Heavensward.

>You sound like an erp loser I knew on Discord

Except unlike him and you I'm not a loser virgin who uses discord and talks about their ERP friends on Yea Forums like anybody actually cares. Imagine being such a virgin you have a friend who ERPs and even they don't want to have cybersex with you

lol

Attached: [email protected] (300x300, 147K)

Yeah yeah ya greasy larper. See you next thread

What hollow logic. Here, I'll satirize your side as well without an argument
>P-p-paying for cosmetics is P2W! A-allowing anything I can't get without autistically grinding for 7 years is unfair to me even when it doesn't change your gameplay in the slightest! V-voting with my (empty) wallet! That'll show these money-seeking corporations!

>Effort doesn't have a direct relationship with quality. You can spend a thousand hours on trash and it will still be trash.

>So why complain that the option to pay to not play exists?

Because you have to look at the larger picture and see how this influences the developer of a game and the direction the game takes. Just take the degradation of events for example.

And there's clearly a correlation between effort and time when you have a team of PROFESSIONALS whose job it is to make content for a videogame and the quality of output you get.

Again, we're talking about the actual gameplay boosts you pay for, you actual fucking retard.
>y-y-you're just poor!
No, I'm just not a retard who wants to contribute to the death of my hobby.

Pay2win and pay4cosmetics are both equally as bad. It's a slippery slope either way.

>Because you have to look at the larger picture and see how this influences the developer of a game and the direction the game takes. Just take the degradation of events for example.
If you would just use your brain for two fucking seconds you would realize the "degradation of events" is because the vast majority of dev time is being put into Shadowbringers and they have little time or incentive to spare.
>And there's clearly a correlation between effort and time when you have a team of PROFESSIONALS whose job it is to make content for a videogame and the quality of output you get.
There's a huge limit to that in every aspect. Throwing more people at the wall doesn't guarantee any improvements whatsoever. Money does not spawn quality on its own.

Reminder that this image is an outdated version of XIV's current Global Cash Shop

Attached: 1552348306618.jpg (5694x2214, 3.87M)

>Again, we're talking about the actual gameplay boosts you pay for, you actual fucking retard.
The only one of which that applies whatsoever being an expanded inventory? You're literally paying for server space, because it costs them more to host more data. That's what paying for a retainer is. It's server costs.
Inventory space actually hurts their goddamn maintenance.

Japan "loves" Eureka in that 15% of its players actually did it compared to the 12% of NA/EU

Eureka was overall a massive flop, Yoshi just considers it a success because "well people did it for a long time" (no shit, the content is literally designed to waste your time as much as possible)

Im still fucking MAD that they actually have the audacity to sell old event items that can just be brought back. FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS for shaved ice

>If you would just use your brain for two fucking seconds you would realize the "degradation of events" is because the vast majority of dev time is being put into Shadowbringers and they have little time or incentive to spare.

because this hasn't been going on before this. Maybe you should look at the frequency expansions release in, this isn't something out of the ordinary.

>There's a huge limit to that in every aspect. Throwing more people at the wall doesn't guarantee any improvements whatsoever. Money does not spawn quality on its own.

So why are they throwing more dev time at Shadowbringers even though it won't guarantee any improvements whatsoever?

Do you read what you write?

Attached: 13531.jpg (190x190, 6K)

>because it costs them more to host more data.

Fucking lol. I always laugh at this kind of stuff.

Just because you didn't like something doesn't mean it was a "massive flop".
I bet you think FFXIII and FFXV were "flops" too.

>Paying gooks a monthly fee
Nope

>because this hasn't been going on before this. Maybe you should look at the frequency expansions release in, this isn't something out of the ordinary.
Events started dropping off in quality around patch 2.5 and 3.5, so you're right, this isn't out of the ordinary. This is demonstrably usual.
>So why are they throwing more dev time at Shadowbringers even though it won't guarantee any improvements whatsoever?
Because it's necessary to actually construct a full sized expansion, you total moron? It doesn't mean it's going to be a good game, I never suggested anything like that. Shadowbringers might be utterly terrible. But it still requires time and effort to create, because it's going to be large.
Large is not quality.

>vast majority of dev time is being put into Shadowbringers
>Throwing more people at the wall doesn't guarantee any improvements whatsoever. Money does not spawn quality on its own.
Holy shit user, you fucking contradicted yourself in one fucking go. Good job.
Don't forget they charge $3 for an Orchestrion Roll of songs that costs $0.99 outside of XIV's cash shop and people on the forum and Reddit defend it with "licensing" issues that SE needs to deal with.

Yes I would consider games that had overinflated budgets and failed to recoup costs without milking them with recycled content a flop, user.

>literally over 80% of the playerbase hasn't even touched Hydatos
>i-it was a success!!!1!

>FFXV DLCs cancelled
>FFXV director leaves the company
Sounds like a flop to me, not to mention they lost money thanks to the FFXV DLCs that they had to cancel.

>Holy shit user, you fucking contradicted yourself in one fucking go. Good job.
How are you this stupid?
I didn't say Shadowbringers was going to be well made.

>literally over 99% of the playerbase hasn't even touched Final Omega
>i-it was a success!!!1!

Japan is 18%, NA is 5.8% and EU is 7.8%
Please refer to The content failed and only pulled those numbers thanks to the Relic

Yeah but the difference is my statistic is datamined from the game, while yours was datamined from your ass.

Now post Savage clear rates so you can BTFO this retard

Don't forget that those numbers are also only after all the massive nerfs to the tedium of the content.

>Because it's necessary to actually construct a full sized expansion, you total moron?

Somehow doesn't apply to everything else hmm..

it's almost like the most labour intensive parts of a videogame developed by professionals really do require more TIME and MONEY thrown at them to raise the level of quality.. hmm..

Didn't read the rest of your post lol

Remember, it's okay when only a handful of the playerbase attempts savage or ultimate because it's content we like.

Somehow, you don't understand how it takes more time to make something larger than to make something smaller. Your inability to apply even the most basic logic is astounding.

>"licensing" issues
But its their music isnt it

>only a handful
still like twice as much as Eureka lmao

>Don't forget they charge $3 for an Orchestrion Roll of songs that costs $0.99 outside of XIV's cash shop and people on the forum and Reddit defend it with "licensing" issues that SE needs to deal with.

And now you have people, or at least one guy, in this thread trying to defend retainers because they "increase the cost of servers". Get a fucking clue dude, let me just go make a few hundred trial accounts and force XIV to close because they can't keep up with the server costs of keeping my trial accounts/characters alive.

Does that mean eureka weapons are rarer than ultimate weapons
>raiders btfo

what body piece is that?

What were we talking about again? OH right, how professional time and effort has nothing to do with the quality of the output and "extremely dedicated long-term players" should be most thankful for resized boss made mount consisting of cube, sphere and triangle.

Please look forward to the highly detailed, multi-seat, mogstop mounts! Only $30 for each!

Attached: download.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

People need to be aware that while Savage content does cater to a minority the same content itself is used to make content that further expands to the normal playerbase thru means such as cutting mechanics and such to provide the story aspect of the game. Meaning even if the current clear rates of Savage are around par with Eureka clear rates the amount of use for the assets and the overall community approval highly outstrips that of Eureka.
>inb4 dev resources between raids and Eureka
Eureka also has the detrimental effect of taking the non-raiding dev resources that would normally be split into the more casualize content players do outside of raiding and solely dedicated it to the 4 instances with the 2nd one being the overall population killer meaning a good chunk of the population has been left with nothing outside of the NM/24-man raids and the same 3 dungeons per patch.
Possibly, rarest probably being the Machinist Eurekan Weapon

I know the meme is dead but can somebody please post the "fuck mhiggers" aymeric

It is but tell that to Reddit and the Forums. Hell at this rate if Yoshida wants to push away more negativity towards the cash shop all they need to do is always release everything on China/Korea first and you'll have "But it came out for them so we have to pay cause license issues"
Never doubt the stupidity of someone who willingly accepts F2P tactics in a P2P game

youtube.com/watch?v=U35sSPJI_Bs

Depends, a lot of Eurekan weapons are likely raiders looking to make sure they have a BiS weapon once its relevant

>OH right, how professional time and effort has nothing to do with the quality of the output and "extremely dedicated long-term players" should be most thankful for resized boss made mount consisting of cube, sphere and triangle.
Yes, this is perfectly accurate summation and your attempt at deriding it fails entirely. Thank you for your concession.
>Please look forward to the highly detailed, multi-seat, mogstop mounts! Only $30 for each!
Further hilariously, the most detailed and multi-seating mount ever (FFXV's Regalia) is almost certainly not going to be on the mog station for a long time.

>tfw have monk eureka weapon
That must be one of the rare ones too, as in appearance wise as its FUCKING HORRIBLE

>Further hilariously, the most detailed and multi-seating mount ever (FFXV's Regalia) is almost certainly not going to be on the mog station for a long time.

So it's not even an original design? How does this help your argument? Pay thirty dollars for that fat cat mount you stupid whale.

Attached: 1515111.png (757x564, 367K)

Don't worry user, I started working on one a couple weeks ago.
then my group cleared O12S and I rolled a 99 on the coffer lmao, not going back to grinding fates after that

>I can't afford mogshop stuff so I'm better than you
absolutely seething poorfag

>I-if the devs didn't spend eight thousand hours making a stupid overdesigned mess i-it's not worth using!!
This is what I meant by effort not equaling quality you insipid faggot.

>not even an original fucking design

>bbbased devs giving us extremely dedicated long-term players a fucking CAR from another game that flopped!

bumplimit reached. I'm outta here.

>9 million sales
>flopped
lmao
last word

>DLCs cancelled and Director left
>Cost company money and game is officially in the red thanks to said DLC
Its a flop

reminder mods are saving this game

Attached: unknown-1.png (874x478, 149K)

>9 million sales
>after porting the game and rereleasing it to several other platforms