Reminder that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this design and if Paper Mario was released today you'd be calling...

Reminder that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this design and if Paper Mario was released today you'd be calling it "soulless" too or some shit, because you just hate new things

Attached: 6culo68bvfg21.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

Preach it

KOHOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT!!!

Attached: kolohinnnntt.png (360x205, 138K)

Cope

>New Title
VS
>unfaithful remake of a beloved game

I wonder why people are upset? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

kys

Attached: VULNERABLELINKCRUNCHCRUNCH.png (1062x772, 241K)

Stop.

>unfaithful remake of a beloved game
Do you actually know this or are you just spouting shit? Also people would be saying "Paper Mario ruined Mario this isn't him why are his eyes dots waaaah soulless"

Paper Mario didn't advertise itself as a soulless remake; it was its own thing.

sure it was

Attached: th.jpg (300x300, 10K)

>Here's your funko bro

What was Nintendo even thinking?

>unfaithful remake
>layout is literally the same except it has 3D Models instead of sprites

Are you one of those faggots who bitched about Goombas being "added to" the game and then got BTFO'd?

Attached: kys ys.gif (300x400, 1.84M)

NINTENDO GOOD

It was an RPG you goon. Not a platformer. Of course it was its own thing

Honestly yes. Modern Paper Mario looks soulless and if it came out today with no history I’d call it so

Paper Mario is an entirely new game with new gameplay. This is a remake that doesn't change anything about the original but the graphics, which aren't that good to begin with. It is cutesy, but cutesy isn't what you come to expect from a Zelda game. Not one that is priced 60 dollars, at least.

no shit the game itself is different i'm saying paper mario's whole design is literally just an upscaled super mario world sprite

Attached: download.jpg (172x294, 14K)

This. Zelda was always a serious game to me with some light sprinkle of humor here or there (no, the shitty meme humor treehouse pumps out now doesn't count)

>if Paper Mario was released today you'd be calling it "soulless" too or some shit

Yeah but it wasn't because this reality where Paper Mario is a great use of 64 graphics and this isn't.

How the fuck is that relevant ? We aren't talking about sprites.

lol nope
when wind waker came out everyone hated it so much that toon link was kicked to handhelds only

What else can you even be talking about when you call the new LA soulless? You haven't played the fucking game or seen any real gameplay footage and you're quick to label something because Yea Forums puts words in your mouth. All we literally have to go off of right now is the aesthetic

Ah yes, lets shit on sekiro, dmc5 and RE2 but let us defend every shitty Switch title despite looking and playing objectively bad.
This board is fucked.

The only reason people don't like it is the Funko Pop eyes. That's the driving shitty design choice.

>Yea Forums is one person
OP here and I think all of it is fucking retarded.

is the DX version of this game good?

Soul mainly comes from aesthetic though

Paper Mario
>Wah why is he a fucking PNG?!?! I want my 3D modellllll!
Yeah, if you were a zoomer. Boomers wanted hand drawn remastering of a 20 ish game, or, a game that didn't spell it out to zoomers the game is within a dream, unlike what the original didn't do.

Better than the original in pretty much every way.

Didn't it get GOTY that year and most people look back on it as one of their favorites though?

Yes. I highly recommend it as a substitute for the remake

This should have been a quietly released 3ds game but since the 3ds is basically dead they decided to launch it on the switch to get a larger audience. If it was a handheld game there would be no controversy.

Attached: 1530589383437.jpg (1536x2048, 303K)

Defending this shit remake is another kind of retarded. Heres a (You) tasteless fuck.

SOULLESS

Attached: 250px-Ness_SSB4.png (250x250, 50K)

>shit remake
You've seen a one minute trailer you dumb, hypocritical faggot.

>Paper Mario
>new and fresh concept that worked to the N64's limitations and brought about not only its own series but also inspired other devs to attempt papercraft/material artstyles in their games

>Link's Awakening Switch
>material artstyles aren't new or inventive anymore, especially among Nintendo titles
>artstyle is being applied to a remake rather than something new, which attempts 1:1 accuracy but flubs the details

Attached: tail cave.png (798x1032, 1.08M)

Yeah and the whole point of OP's argument is that if Paper Mario came out today, people would be quick to jump on its aesthetic as "soulless"

The switch is a handheld

they wouldn't have put its sequels on DS instead of on gamecube/wii, evidently there was backlash
>Player response to the game remained divided over the cel-shaded design.[77] Reception was comparatively warm in Japan, where various media commonly borrow an anime aesthetic, but was much more divided in North America.[78] Some players appreciated the design and Miyamoto's vision, but others found it childish and too far removed from the more realistic designs of previous games.[29] According to Stephen Totilo of Kotaku, much of the backlash came from anxiety that Nintendo was losing its edge by focusing on games for children, as opposed to the more mature, realistic fare developed by competitors.[79]
>Nintendo of America attributed the game's comparatively weak North American sales in large part to the cel-shaded graphics, which turned off many players, particularly older teenagers who made up The Legend of Zelda's traditional audience.

What is this OP?

That truly is a shame, I'm not that fond of the game myself but I do love the aesthetic of it

Thats the problem. When I played Links awakening as a kid I thought, "man I wish this wasnt 2d top down" seeing it remade so poorly with no meaningful innovation gives me no incentive to play it.

If it was done with the BOTW engine, I'd be fucking stoked. But because it looks like a mobile game I can't be excited.

Also, I love Nintendo. I feel they are truly the most honest dev and game company. I just expect more from them

>YOU JUST HATE NEW THINGS
>literally a soulless remake of some gameboy game
L M A O

We've seen virtually nothing from it. I'd wait longer before jumping to conclusions. Also how would BOTW's engine translate to this kind of game?

$60

here's what's wrong

>material artstyle
>1:1 accuracy
but it's clearly not going for either of these.
It's trying to keep the feel of the original (simpleface chibi style), while also trying to update it (3d, various smaller details changing)
...which is a stupid fucking idea but hey

eat shit, awakening is one of my favorite zelda games and it isn't some plastic looking soulless shit.

Attached: linksawakening2.png (510x459, 68K)

I hate how they're now pushing mario shit into zelda. Nintendo is creatively bankrupt

This, this was obviously a 3DS game they punted to Switch because they realized the 3DS isn't gonna last as long as they wanted. If it's $40 then it's acceptable

it's attempting a miniatures style, which is evident by the depth of field/tilt-shift camera effect and the hard reflective light on surfaces like trees. I'd be fine with it if it wasn't also being applied to a remake that could've gotten a better treatment

Why does every picture have extreme blur less than halfway from the center of the screen

Thats for the most innovative game dev company to figure out and me to enjoy. I know that sounds entitled but we dont give them enough credit. They are smart, they could make it translate to 3D and light the world on fire again. Seeing what we have so far, I just don't get the feeling they are really trying, you know?

super mario world = soul

NSMB = soulless

it has the same artistic sensibility as something that would come pre-installed on the 3DS. comparing it to a highly distinctive and experimental style like paper mario is an absolute joke.

new
super
zelda
bros

>Mario looks like Mario

Who woulda thunk

Attached: Brainhole.jpg (1022x595, 81K)

Because that's literally what the game looks like

I wonder if it wasn't possible to go with toon link or the one of a link between worlds, since it was closer to the old link look

Man the chibi style in this remake is so damn different even in colors from the link from opening that it's hard to take it

Nintendo doesn't change their games they believe to show off. If it looks shit, its going to be, and if Nintendo catches onto that, they'll just silently kill it off.

paper mario is stylish and funny and timeless
button eyed voodoo doll link is just creepy and ugly, too many post processing effects as well. would have preferred a cute remake in the style of the gbc photos

Attached: 1491598872422.jpg (656x437, 26K)

One is enough to plainly see that it's as soulless as the 64 remakes

IT'S ART YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE

The only thing wrong is the blur at the edges. Other than that, it's fine.

same reason why dipshits like shadman use chromatic aberration: because they think it looks good and nobody is around to smack them upside the head

> OP here. Man I love sucking cock for attention. Everyone please give me your You(s)!

Fuck off nostalgia fag this looks like shit.

thanks. gonna emulate and play it today

trigger funko pop bugmen owners with one single word
soul

Attached: soulessness.jpg (1302x845, 1.05M)

why does Link look like a Mii?