Hideaki Itsuno

>"Look, I want to make either Devil May Cry 5 or Dragon’s Dogma 2 next. He said ‘okay, do whatever you want. Do whichever one you want.’ So I thought, alright, y’know what… let’s do DMC5. So we did that.”

does this mean that they're finally working on a DD sequel now that they're done with DMC?

Attached: capcom_dmc_dd.jpg (653x587, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=khmfe1ERf4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Considering they're making a nexflix anime probably yes.

They clearly are, dmcv coop mechanic and V's gameplay seem like templates for dd2. The coop player name displays in a very similar manner to dragons dogma pawn interaction bubbles (they are weak to fire!) too

>V's gameplay seem like templates for dd2
Stop saying this, it makes no sense. DD controls better than V does.

Will it take 5 years to make?

DMC5 felt low budget, they were proably making both games at the same time.

>Considering they're making a nexflix anime probably yes.
a strange decision, dragon's dogma gameplay was top tier but the story very forgettable except for the seneschal final twist

What is the appeal of Dragon's Dogma? It looks like a cheap Dark Souls rip off

>DMC5 felt low budget
I mean it probably wasn't a AAA game but I don't think it felt low budget at all.

what’s forgettable about it?

>“Here we are – we’re now finishing up DMC5. But I had ideas for Dragon’s Dogma 2 at the time as well. So here we are, it’s the end of this project.” Itsuno grins.
this was enough for me to believe they're working on dd2

dark souls is a shitty dragons dogma

>RE7
>Monster Hunter World
>REmake 2
>DMC5
>Dragons fucking Dogma 2

Capcom's back baby

>shit
>shit
>shit
>shit
hmm..

What video games do you play user.

>Everything people like is shit
>I'm a contrarian
Thats nice user

Attached: 1527365156975.jpg (500x375, 50K)

I liked DMC3/4, DD, and some of the old REs. Those area ll shit so far though.

everything? you're an immortal chosen one tasked with killing a global threat in a very generic medieval setting
like I said only the final twist was original (the real purpose of the dragon/arisen cycle)

Different user, here but the story is as generic on its surface as it comes. It's clearly done on purpose with only some slight cracks showing with a few of the NPCs you meet and the kings late game actions towards the princess. The generic nature of the plot sets up the atmosphere and segway into the real meat of what the story and world is like a properly executed deconstruction and non failure version of Last Jedi.

I don't think the story transitions well to a non gameplay format though, lack of player agency and removal of the interwoveness of the gamey mechanics and the story kind of lower its delivery.

So you haven't played a new game in the last ten years?

He probably has a Switch lmao

it has virtually nothing in common with DS besides being an action-RPG. practically every single thing is different.

I'm staying on topic you faggot.

someone's thirsty for (you)s. have one on me, user.

Attached: i'll see (you) in 25 years.png (1440x1080, 2.65M)

I'm just stating facts.

Here's your Dragon's Dogma 2, bro.

Attached: 1552427818783.jpg (997x919, 291K)

I like the story, at first glance it was generic enough, "go kill this dragon" but as things unfold, you learn more about the world and the arisen true purpose.

>i like the old ones lmao
fucking name 7 games form 2015 on that you like you fake piece of shit

Aside from being a western inspired jrpg they share nothing. Might as well call it a Dragon Quest clone.

Again who was the dumbfuck in capcom that was pushing hard for western pandering?

youtube.com/watch?v=khmfe1ERf4A

here's your DD2 senpai

Attached: 1501477944845.jpg (450x457, 161K)

>CG anime
I hope Capcom didn't invest any money on it and just give them the anime be rights to collect royalties money

Attached: b61.jpg (2037x1131, 259K)

If the story is so forgettable how come you remember it?

Why are you trying to derail the thread?

get a different hobby that ain't playing vidya or being a contrarian. you'll be a lot happier in life.

>Switch
>Switch
>Switch
>Switch
damn...

did you read any of the post that you replied? I said I like the story plot twist, it start off very generic then mind blown you at the end (if you play it offline that is)

so you're stating that these games are actual discs of pressed feces? That's amazing.

Pathetic, you can't even defend these games.

>(if you play it offline that is)
even online the first seneschal you fight is savan

please stay on topic, user

>did you read any of the post that you replied?
No

dont dodge the question you little faggot. establish your own since of taste or fuck off

t. Keiji Inafune
seething much?

>only argument is calling a game shit
>WHY AREN'T YOU DEBATING ME REEEEEEE

>Google cygames
>mobage
>mobage
>mobage
Oddly enough, Nintendo owned 5% stakes in the company.

Why doesnt anyone add Mega11 to this?

Give me legend 3 then we'll talk. Valvefag bitching about HL2 ended with a cliffhanger not knowing ML2 did the same since 2000

>gives no reason why the games are shit other than the most see through attempt at fishing for yous
>why aren't you taking me serious, you're the pathetic ones!
quit making even more of an ass out of yourself user and don't act like you would even listen to genuine argument for yet another attempt of stirring the pot of shit that is this thread.

DD2 is virtually guaranteed, the netflix anime proves that Capcom is trying to get more attention on the franchise through more avenues than just putting out the Switch port
The dream is that it's been in the works for a while, we'll get an E3 trailer and it will be out sometime next year, but realistically we're probably looking at a 2021-2022 release

Because no one gives a flying fuck about mm11?

There's not really a story to be discussed. Quests are usually far away from any semblance of storytelling, and most of the game is combat. Besides the combat, it's incredibly shallow compared to other RPG's, especially western ones that the game was trying to emulate. There's only a handful of characters with any sort of personality, and very few of them are even seen outside of one or two scenes.

>DMC5 felt low budget
Did you even play the game?

This really looks like a MH clone more than anything

I do... I was actually more thankful for that than RE7 and RE2.

BASEDCOM