Is Red Dead 2 really a normie game?

Literally, no one on Yea Forums talks about this game anymore yet, games like Xenoblade 2, Persona 5, and Bloodborne threads are still alive

Attached: thK3U8IE8Y.jpg (474x266, 16K)

Well why aren’t you playing it then normalfag?

The only thing this game had going for it were the stupid Dutch memes.

I just liked mangoposting tbqh. Didn't even get past chapter two, maybe if the DLC is good like the first RDR.

yeah it's a pretty chad.
autistics wouldn't nitpick over it like they do japanese games.

because everyone realized it's a boring and uninspired piece of shit

>Literally, no one on Yea Forums
there's your first problem, this site and particularly this board is beyond irrelevant

Yup this place is filled with fat weeb virgins

>2019...I am forgotten

It was a good game, but the modern social justice issues were pushed too hard, and the mp is an empty skinner box that keeps reducing hunting/fishing income.

There is nothing more to discuss.

>but the modern social justice issues were pushed too hard
There was one moment in a random side mission where Arthur defends all his friends that aren't just white form an NPC in St Denis. That's literally all the leftist bullshit I saw. There was also like 20 writers to this game. So something was bound to be in like that

Stop pushing false narratives btw desu

might have the worst gameplay in an AAA game this whole generation

yet still 10 times more successful than bloodborne

>Xenoblade 2 threads
>alive
they're shambling abominations. trust me, you don't want that.

it's fun though. you actually feel like an alcoholic middle aged starving cowboy.

It's great. It has some of the most human and natural gameplay, makes it so much more immersive than anything I've ever played.

>Xenoblade 2, Persona 5, Bloodborne
All three of these games are far more dead than RDR2 in terms of discussion.

A pretty box full of nothing, that's rdr2.

no that's your apartment

Yikes this thread is full of shit taste. Let’s make this thread better.

What was your favourite chapter and why?

I liked 2 and the epilogue best because the switch from snow to mountains and forestry was astounding.

RDR2 target audience are older gamers who enjoy laidback, lowkey games full of detail and atmosphere
Which is pretty much the opposite of the edgy manchildren crowd that is Yea Forums

Love chapter 3, easily the best camp. Chapter 4 is doom and gloom but I really like Chapter 6 because of how excellently they nailed the desperate situation they're in and driving home hard how little time they have left, especially Arthur, albeit Chapter 6 is way too fucking long mission wise.

It's not even a game . Sure the story is good , the details great and the music is high tier but at it's core it's a movie that plays itself . Nothing more , nothing less .

Pathetic

That’s because Persona 5 is easily the best game of this generation.

>it's a movie that plays itself
That's kind of insinuating that you push one button and watch everything unfold when yet it has such a complicated control scheme that people were complaining about it on launch for before getting used to it. Fuck off outta here with your movie game bullshit.

Of course it is, it is GTA/Skyrim tier obsession among normies

Did RDR2 have a general?

yeap and it was spammed by a cringy autist and trannies that kept posting their creaturas for (You)s desu. I'm glad that shit died.

> It's not even a game . Sure the story is good , the details great and the music is high tier but at it's core it's a movie that plays itself Nothing more , nothing less. At least it does try its best for pretending to be a game by introducing an unnecessary complicated control scheme, which is rare for movie game nowaday.

You just triggered , so let me fix that for you.

Still factually incorrect but close enough.

>Xenoblade 2, Persona 5 threads are still alive
where?

Nigga, half this fucking board is Persona threads. I'm about to add a filter just to hide them.

In real life, when you want to move, you move. There isn't a full second input delay in your brain that fucks up your equilibrium. There's nothing realistic about RDR2. There's nothing realistic about the clunky, retarded movement. Maybe you're middle aged and rheumatoid arthritis with a bad heart, but the majority of us don't. Maybe lagging and slow motor skills feel normal to you, but not to normal folks are healthy. Stop fanboying.

The Rockstar Fanboy Checklist:
>go back to Fortnite
>zoomer
>you have ADD/ADHD
>impatient
>short attention span
>nitpicking
>graphics>gameplay
>you're opinion doesn't matter
>I never had a problem/it's on you
>Rockstar sold x amount of copies
>the horses are better than RDR1
>the controls are better than RDR1
>it's only the beta
>10/10
>Online review scores
>reddit spacing
>angry PC gamer
>nintendie
>muh realism
>muh immersion
>it's a single player game
>it's not a twitch shooter
>nobody complains about x
>masterpiece
>regurgitated Dutch memes
And their personal favorite
>you didn't play the game
If you think you're arguing with a fanboy, simply resort to this checklist, call him a fanboy, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

I find the game almost unplayable, it doesnt feel like there is a 1:1 relationship between your input and the response on screen.

Well, I disagree. I think it's fantastic in it's execution and if you don't enjoy it well, then that's on you I guess.

bingo card overload

The thing is:

Red Dead 2 doesn't have anime tiddies

It's a great game that both normies and autists enjoy. It's just not one that's incredibly deep or innovative, and it doesn't really have any particularly amazing characters. Nothing wrong with it, really, just not much left to discuss about.

it still has tranny players tho

Is this a logical fallacy?

Jesus this game was hyped to such high levels. R* spent so much resources on the game too. Fell for the hype (because I loved RDR1), preordered, and then never touched it since release. I'll get back to it eventually, I hope.

Attached: 1429242173343.png (808x637, 133K)

XC2 is just """""japanese humor"""""" while Bloodborne is only used by Snoyboys to stroke their egos, but Persona does have a lot of actual discussion threads. More than RDR2 for sure.

Has RDR2 even turned a profit yet or are they still paying off the horse testicals?

I mean, Peach Beach Splash has made over 800x their investment back and it was just cheap anime tiddies in a super fun game. What did RDR2 cost? 200 million or something? So they'd have to make 160 billion dollars in profits to match cheap anime tiddies. Shit's hilarious. Less horse testicals, more tiddies.

From what little you can find off google they estimate RDR2 cost between 270 million to 1 billion to make (lol). It made 725 million in it's first three days and has continued to sell strong up to this day. It might not make as much in terms of multiplication but it's certainly making money.

We do get lore threads every now and again.

Attached: ded.png (900x468, 624K)

This is crucial to business though. Manpower is a finite resource. You can't send 1,000 people to work on a game that will JUST turn a profit when there is another option that will turn a MASSIVE profit. That's a waste of manpower when the end goal is to make money. Basically, Red Dead Redemption 2 will never be a true success, no matter how much it sells. There's games that aren't even in the top 1000 global sellers right now that have a stronger investment:profit ratio than RDR2. That's inexcusable. They let their aspirations and greedy player expectations ass rape their bank roll.

Same boat man.

Game feels so goddamn slow and tiresome, and way too much little shit that doesn't actually add to the experience.

I really wanna love it, but fuck me, there are 100+ hour JRPGs that feel better paced than this.

Attached: pennywise spin.gif (243x339, 949K)

And we ended up with one of the most fleshed out single player games in recent memory with a graphic engine miles ahead of the competition and an open world that oozes personality and an insane attention to detail. Did the means justify the ends? RDR 2 comes off more like the Housers odd love child more than anything where the artists vision is uncompromised.
>turn a profit when there is another option that will turn a MASSIVE profit
That's what RDO is for.

>muh shiny moviegame
agree that the world design was excellent, but the systems were trash so not sure what you mean by "fleshed out singleplayer". game works as a mindless cowboy sim with a rocky but ultimately satisfying narrative, far from a masterpiece because the gameplay is weak

Here's my opinion that nobody cares about:

It's the best game since the first RDR. The story does kind of ramble on and takes too long in some places to feel like it's one coherent thread. But the characters (at least the ones that get enough screen time) are fleshed out and feel like real people. This combined with the unparalleled world building makes it the most immersive game I think I've ever played. Arthur Morgan himself is a nuanced and at times hilarious character, and the slow burn of facts that they trickle to the player about him as the story progresses makes him all the more believable and interesting. People can gripe about the gameplay and call it a movie game all they want, but I had very few issues with the controls and it seems to me the whole point of the game WAS the world and the immersion and the story and making you feel like a fucking outlaw cowboy on the run from the law. The only things that bothered me were Gwarma (or whatever it was called) and the fact they made it a prequel. They could've told almost the exact same story without needing to include the Marston bunch, and it retroactively makes the first game feel awkward storyline wise because all of these characters that were central figures in the main protagonist and antagonists lives aren't even mentioned, including the events of the finale of the epilogue which in my mind took the character development of Dutch into the opposite direction of where they should've been going (and had been going) with his character up to that point.

All that being said I put more hours into this game than any other single player game except maybe Firaxis games in the past decade. Rockstar managed to create an open world that ACTUALLY lived up to the promise of feeling really lived in and with different ways (within logical reason) to interact with it.

Thanks for reading my blog please mash that like button

The chapter were you get drunk as fuck with Lenny.

>It's the best game since the first RDR.
I love when people let you know right away that you don't need to read their post. Such a time saver.
>*liked*

Based user, exactly how I feel about it as well. I wish Rockstar would have been ballsy enough to divorce the Red Dead Redemption name from John Marston but it seems they weren't able too. I doubt they'll be able to divorce it from Arthur Morgan if they ever make a third game.