Ninja's sponsored Apex Legends launch stream cost EA $1 million, Reuters report says

pcgamer.com/ninjas-sponsored-apex-legends-launch-stream-cost-ea-dollar1-million-reuters-report-says/

>Apex Legends is a really good game that seemed to come out of nowhere: One minute we're speculating about a Titanfall battle royale, and the next it draws 2.5 million players in its very first day. There was a quiet but concerted marketing effort in place to make that happen, which included sponsorships of streamers like Ninja, who spent hours playing the game on its launch day. According to Reuters, he was paid $1 million for his time.

>The promotional relationship wasn't a secret—his stream was labeled as an "Apex Legends partner"—but the amount involved is staggering, particularly given that the report suggests that it was solely for launch day. An Electronic Arts rep seemed to confirm that, telling Kotaku that its marketing campaign included "paid engagements with some content creators at the launch of the game," and that after February 5, "all Apex Legends streaming from content creators was completely organic."

So the big bad Fortnite killer that Valve/Steam shills hyped up... needs to pay a guy $1 million to play it...

lol

Attached: ninja apex.jpg (1600x900, 199K)

Never played either game. Ask me anything.

Attached: 1383436706127.jpg (288x288, 26K)

You dumb bitch $1 million is 10 cents to them. But you wouldn't know that because you're barely surviving on minimum wage.

>Steam drone fantasizing about how he'll get the exclusives away from Epic Store.jpg

Who cares I don't care

Cringe

lmao all the other e-beggars with huge audiences are probably pissed.

Fuck zoomers for making streamers rich

>being paid to kill your own game

Attached: 1432337262738.png (500x500, 222K)

>paying to kill your own game

Attached: Untitled.jpg (365x315, 51K)

>Ninja
Just a trend chaser that got lucky. I remember when he was getting shit pushed in during his Halo pro days.

Uh, sounds like that literally paid off for them.

That's good marketing.

>Pay one guy 1 million for one day to get 40 million players

VERSUS

>Pay a professional marketing team tens if not hundreds of millions to market for months to years, for a broken game with a playerbase in the tens of thousands and falling fast

Sounds like a bargain to me

>Halo pro days
He played Halo 4. MLG was long dead by then and no one gave a shit about Halo anymore.

>shroud broke his arm
>he was the only reason Apex had over 100k viewers
this is probably one of the worst things that could have happened to EA. done in by a scooter

*ahem*

FUCK EA
FUCK BATTLE ROYALE
FUCK E-CELEBS

AND FUCK ZOOMERS

Attached: Brought_To_You_By_CocaCola.png (476x650, 381K)

>implying Epic didn't just hire a guy to booby trap his scooter

Attached: 1505746653937.jpg (600x600, 46K)

why yall salty hes rich youre not

nah it's just made in china

That supports my point. Tencent basically owns Epic.

>after feb 5th
after feb 12th, I was contracted up through then.

>So the big bad Fortnite killer that Valve/Steam shills hyped up... needs to pay a guy $1 million to play it...
Given how advertisement budgets reach $100 million for AAA titles, this is a bargain bin sale in comparison.

He makes a million a year off youtube
3 million a year off twitch donations and subs
And one fucking million off EA for Apex

If he invest a majority of this in the S&P500 he will have a quarter billion by the time he is 60-70

Attached: 349E784E-9EA5-4719-873E-899C4028CA73.jpg (2208x995, 1.48M)

Attached: LG1KN-Q4_400x400.png (400x400, 194K)

i miss LP siggy threads

That's a lot of loot boxes

A million is nothing in marketing money.

They released the game out of nowhere with literally 0 marketing costs so this was a pretty smart route to go and much cheaper.

Did bethesda pay a million to have ninja play fallout 76?

Attached: jj.jpg (690x388, 71K)

Instead he bought an enormous house in LA(?) and has said it's costing several hundred thousand annually. I'll never understand why people purchase beyond their means, especially after coming into lucky money.

I wonder how much Stodeh was paid for his mandatory Apex time.

and I'm sure they've made that 10x back with retards slurping up loot boxes trying to get the glowing knife

>r/wooosh haha

Twitch is a combination of modern marketing, punditry, reality TV and so much more. No shit they are going to spend marketing budgets on this one guy. Using social media stars as billboards has been a thing for 10 years.

Fuck off, retard.

He got more known during 4 but he was already pro during Reach.

because you aren't actually a success until you have a giant fucking mansion, duh
saving money is for nerds

>you missed the boat to make $1 million playing a videogame
fucking kill me

Although it sounds lucky, it must be very annoying not to be able to express your displeasure or opinion about any company that you dislike (EA) since to do it, potentially this type of opportunities are lost.

Attached: Shinobi-III-Return-of-the-Ninja-Master-shinobi-24177237-640-448.jpg (640x448, 107K)

You have to be able to keep a lot of people entertained basically every day for years in a row. Just playing video games is the least important part of the entire gig.

It's all the same normie shit. Anything that is as popular as fortnite/apex will inevitably turn into shit. Just look at what fortnite has become vs when it first got popular due to battle royale; it looks like some fantasy creature took a colorful shit all over the landscape, and then some kid came and dumped all his shitty toys all over the place. It's a clusterfuck because "new content" keeps getting shoved into the game to trick all the idiots into playing more because it seems "fresh".

Because he was shit at Reach, which also no one cared about. He played in regional tournaments and still did terrible.

fuck being forced to play the same popular game you may or may not like for 8 hours a day while babysitting a chat full of 12 year olds

How much was he, Rick, Morty paid for the Fallout 76 stream?