20 hours into this

>20 hours into this
>still have no idea how the combat system works despite being bombarded with tutorial after tutorial

Attached: xenoblade_chronicles_2_battle_1533020724.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-D-H92rHM-4
youtube.com/watch?v=LDQDOkSwmCE
youtu.be/zKYVvpTqHyk
youtube.com/watch?v=OQ8WOS4jiNc
youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2JI18ByvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just give it 20 more hours and you'll understand.

This is actually true

felt the same and thought the game was trash but i persisted and ended up loving the game

Nigga just mash buttons, it's a jrpg you literally can't lose if you tried.

Just Google any tutorials if you need, but most likely you have specific questions that would be easier just asking.
youtube.com/watch?v=-D-H92rHM-4

Attached: 1524000946305.jpg (1500x844, 294K)

160 hours in, finished the game and levelling all blades sidequests etc.. still confused about elements, is the element showing up on enemy name his element or his weakness ? Also currently farming the minigame , should i get one of all types of master mods? Currently sitting on 3 evasion 3 luck 1 muscle all elemental cores

It... really flows how it should though. Everything is logical and builds up from a previous step to the next.

The element next to the name is the weakness. You can tell because certain blades/Gramps will say something when an enemy is weak to a certain element or changes element.

You can just buy them with bonus EXP in NG+, so unless you really want those master mods before then and don't mind the grinding, I wouldn't bother.

Yeah, the confusing thing about that is that he says what element he changed to, not what element he's weak to, which is the opposite one that can be seen next to the enemy name like you said.

Attached: 1546270647737.png (856x557, 99K)

>Ive become so numb to jrpgs I usually play em while watching tv
>Xenoblade 2 acrually requires you to pay attention in fights

its pretty refreshing

the problem is they only use words to teach you how to play the game instead of showing examples or highlighting things properly
usually I skip this shit because if its just words I assume it easy to figure out on my own without the need for any physical representation of what's going on, but not for this game
didn't know shit until chapter 5

Attached: 1545495569440.png (1500x1500, 504K)

Game makes it sound more complicated than it is. I haven't finished the game yet but as far as I can tell the basic rules are like

>Normal attacks refill your arts
>Using arts immediately after a normal attack charges your special
>Specials debuff the enemy which allows you to follow certain special attack combo routes in the upper right
>Following the route to completion buffs the enemy with an "element orb" which makes it resist that combo attack
>Breaking an element orb in a chain attack (easiest with opposite element) lets the chain attack go for another round

And doing break/topple/launch/smash on an enemy with a special debuff on it makes it take the damage again (?)

Well never got the problem because i'm playin with jap dub , i guess i ve forgotten since the tutorial in argentum, thanks Yea Forumsros
I think i 'll take a break after completing ng, so i guess i'll stick to getting 1 strike tank and ether

>Using arts after a normal attack charges specials

Using artes always charge specials, it charges more when you cancel though

And doing a fusion combo does dmg enemies again, youre right

I don't know how the fucked up the combat so hard compared to the first game. Even when it gets off the ground like 20 hours in, it's still slow and sluggish as hell. Not being able to do anything while moving is ridiculous.

>Not being able to do anything while moving is ridiculous.

This. Also Blades just having 3 abilities each is boring.

Try actually reading them

>Using artes always charge specials, it charges more when you cancel though
And even more if you do it in the last hit of your auto attack combo.

I don't get these posts. JRPGs have always had more innovative/complex gameplay that WRPGs.

Do all blades with a given weapon type have the same moveset? Like all katanas are the same actives but different passives?

After awhile the combat just clicks. Can't remember which chapter it clicked for me, but just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Attached: 1531874443328.png (600x535, 268K)

Different passives and different Specials

The combat in 2 is way faster than 1's and partly because moving cancels attacks it let's you charge arts ridiculously fast. Also start using desserts.

It takes a while to 'get' it but it's simple enough to understand when you do.
Then the game may or may not become boring as it all just starts to feel like going through the motions.

This thread was started before that one died, you paranoid fuck.

Attached: IMG_20190313_173726.jpg (1535x2048, 230K)

Attached: IMG_20190313_173730.jpg (1535x2048, 274K)

Yes

Yeah too bad you have to wait 4 hours for combat to get to a decent speed. I like that XC's combat is quick right off the bat.

You're such a fucking retard.

It's pretty intricate and the game is shit at explaining it (and finish explaining it way too late), but it end up very fun once you understand the full system. There's plenty of tutos online.

2/10 for posting

>4 hours for combat to get to a decent speed

You mean 40.

>no argument

should've known

neither of those are things you have to wait to start doing

>certain blades/Gramps will say something when an enemy is weak to a certain element or changes element.
>no subtitles outside of cutscenes
why would they do this

>That weak of bait

Heh... You only made me use 10% of my power

>50 hours in
>still can't decide what role I want for anyone other than Tora
I refuse to use any generic blades since they aren't cute girls. But the fact that I can't freely switch blades on characters without an item is suffering.

Attached: 1460296669771.png (250x212, 70K)

You should have enough overdrive protocols if you have the DLC probably. If you don't just go get it, Torna is great and a total steal for that price.

Just follow this advice: do not open cores on rex other than roc.
>2019
>Getting roc on rex for smash when corrin exists.

Attached: IMG_20190308_091147.jpg (2000x1500, 410K)

Cancels don't help when early on it still take forever for Blades to cooldown. In 1 you had 8 moves available immediately.

Endgame 1 was way faster than 2 from my experience.

You shouldn't bother with that, really. Just play with the Blades you want to play, that's it. Only think of specializing your characters when you'll do the post-game superbosses and challenges. For the main story, just play however you want, that's the best way to enjoy a game

Attached: D1iqVvcU0AAWR8l.jpg orig.jpg (800x678, 91K)

This, it's a remarkable combat system where every aspect builds into the next.

Attached: 1552428871458.jpg (1152x648, 296K)

I benched Rex for Zeke

user, you better train your Rex or you are going to suffer at certain forced part...

I hate the meme it gets good 20-30 hours in, but it's completely true for xenoblade 2. The combat is ass before you can do combos.

Cancels don't help speed up the combat at all. It's still slow and sluggish as hell.

There is not much to decide. You really just have to pick if you want to give a blade to Zeke or Morag.

You can blame game journalists for that.

There's so many parts to the XBC2 combat system that if they didn't drip feed it to you and then literally pause the game to explain it, every reviewer would have had a nervous breakdown.

Attached: 1550462387419.jpg (661x807, 369K)

We're mainly talking about the combat early on. The combat 2 early on is extremely slow.

I ignored Rex from chapter 4 on and I didn't have any problems with that part.

Attached: 1543790184388.png (506x374, 142K)

Rex: DPS+Heals
Tora/Morag: Tank
Zeke: DPS
Playing as Rex and using Mythra for crit combos.

Best setup.

Attached: 1544753171382m.jpg (691x1024, 116K)

Just remember that Zeke must always have Praxis and Morag must always have Theory.

Attached: meleph, mikumari, seori, and zeke b arutimetto genbu (xenoblade (series) and etc) drawn by ebira - f (850x980, 922K)

Then why do journalists like the first game more?

That's a very cute Meleph.

Attached: 1550462471916.jpg (1754x2880, 967K)

Not as fast as 1's endgame.

And that is a cute Nia.

Attached: IMG_20190311_223731.jpg (613x701, 70K)

Combat in the first game was much more straightforward? I dunno, first game was good too, what's the point of shitposting between them.

Attached: 1548970785341m.jpg (1024x768, 103K)

outside of BoC every superboss is kill able in less than a minute in 2

>Not being able to do anything while moving is ridiculous.

This is annoying, but I think they did it so moving around is just to pick up heals.

Just saying that blaming journalists makes no sense.

I'm not talking about Art cancels

Theory isn't particularly good if I remember correctly other than the 15% agi modifier, probably Ursula is the superior Ice Blade if you want to have one but then again if you're starting the game Ursula will most likely be busy doing mercenary missions.

Attached: 1540516142972.jpg (692x1024, 126K)

Holy shit, those hips.

I for one hate the Blade/Pokemon/Persona system.

Is Adenine a good blade? And speaking of blades ranking, someone has THAT pic?

Attached: IMG_20190310_065342.jpg (887x861, 137K)

Collect-em-all Blades would be just fine if it wasn't locked behind a fucking gacha system

That's just wrong. With Rex you basically have 4 Blades and NoomaNooma at the end. You should be able to switch Blades by the time you use all 3 abilities on one. That's pretty fast.

Hey, that is a new ursula art.

Theory is the best Ice Blade in the game. Though that's not saying much as they're all not great.

>Ice is not great.
What is this? Pokemon?

Attached: IMG_20190306_182836.jpg (1535x2048, 169K)

nah, that art is fairly old

Why? You've seen journalists lose to a pigeon and you've seen how badly they fucked up at DOOM. You really think throwing them into XBC2's combat system without a whole lotta drip feeding wouldn't have ended badly? Witcher 1 had it's alchemy system criticised for being too complex...

kinda. if they had added Jin as DLC he could have saved the typing but alas

She's a great blade, but (despite appearances) she's not a healer.

Then allow me to present you with something new!

Attached: D1jBylwUYAAOVJd.jpg (1378x2039, 410K)

Because not all journalists are Polygon, and Japan really doesn't give a shit. The combat in 2 just starts slow because you're expected to use shitty commons.

ADENINE IS THE BEST
I LOVE ADENINE

Attached: dumb book.jpg (1112x600, 54K)

Maybe, the problem is that there are better tanks if you want her in Morag, but it's a good option if you don't have anything better, I personally think that Ursula is a better ice Blade just going by the fact that she's one of the best healers, and her 40% heal to the party on switch is too good.

Attached: 1535364655478.jpg (849x1199, 125K)

bold of you to assume I hadn't already seen that picture and saved it

>Morag is Saix
>Axel is fire
>Brigett is fire
Hmmm....

You will NEVER have Ursula in your party though. Not till NG+.

Aaaaiyah!

Do you have more Ursula's art?

>she's one of the best healers

I'm sorry to break this to you but she's fallen off hard from after the game first came out due to crit healing. Most healers have unless they offer other benefits like Fiora(probably shouldn't even be classified as a Healer), Crossette, Nim and Adenine.

Not even in NG+ either. I used her for her exclusive merc missions to level up the Torna and DLC blades.

Attached: 1524781000654.jpg (1108x1200, 188K)

put on some fucking pants Pyra jesus christ

damn it now I have to go play xc2 again
why do I always go back to this game?

Attached: 1484741122366.jpg (640x483, 127K)

Yeah, I'm just talking about regular gameplay, not over optimized builds for the hardest arena challenges.

Maybe.

Attached: 1522918740639.jpg (2508x3141, 944K)

Because you want an excuse to use your Switch

Anyone know exactly how you get orbs to appear for a chain attack? Do you for example need to do a completed blade combo to make one appear?

>Our time together was short... A fraction of my long, long years.
>has only been awake for a little more than a year, mentions that the end of the Aegis War feels like it happened only a month ago

how overdramatic

I mean sure all blades are good for regular gameplay, but I wouldn't say that makes her the best healer or ice blade in any scenario.

You need to complete blade combos, yes

I fucking hate that the stupid gacha system led to everyone being able to equip every blade. It made every character feel samey, and I never switched control except to level up certain skills. Whoever decided on gacha, a system solely designed to suck money from retards, in a single player rpg without microtransactions should be shot.

I love Nopons!

Speaking of time, how long xbc2 took in universe time? We only know it ends at the exact time than xbc1 ends.

I liked XC1 and hated XCX. Would I like this?

>Just follow this advice: do not open cores on rex other than roc.
This honestly is a bullshit advice. Rex still needs blades especially during early to mid-game. There are more than enough rare blades for everyone. If you're an autist min-maxer, you also need to have blades on Rex if you want to max his idea/thought cloud.

Yes.

It's like XB1 except worse on pretty much all fronts, especially characters. The only real improvement is that sidequests aren't all "collect the blue orbs".

>worse characters

Hmm...I really liked Shulk and the gang.

Do you have the min maxer rare blades chart?

Are you really listening to an obviously biased opinion instead of checking by yourself?

it really depends on how much you like anime

Last orb in Blade combo decides which orb will appear (Ex: Light - Elec - Fire will give you Fire orb)

Probably, it's better than XBC1 in most respects and has a fantastic second half.

Someone has the edit of this pic with KH3 twitter dialogue?

Attached: IMG_20190305_114415.jpg (1430x2048, 432K)

Part of what makes XBC2 so great is the cast, there's no dud party members, everyone's fun and all the characters work well together.

Attached: 1541731308122.jpg (800x1000, 530K)

>user is a brainlet
>this means the game is bad

They're about equal for me. It's not experimental like X. There are also references to the first game, but nothing major haha.

Maybe.
It's definitely a big tone shift from the first game, though. A LOT goofier.

>there's no dud party members

Tora.
I'd also argue that Morag is pretty dull.

>no dud party members
Tora exists.
And if you count the blades, Dromarch's pretty weak, though inoffensive.

>But nothing major
Hahahahaha...

Attached: 1505332158136.jpg (1632x1205, 590K)

This one?

Attached: jW1g69T.jpg (2132x1152, 273K)

If you liked how Shulk didn't act like an idealistic child retard, then you won't like Rex at all. The supporting cast is great, but they all have to play off Rex, which is unfortunate. The writing, especially towards the end, is all bad battle shounen-tier.

Why is Fiora so high?

is Dagas really that good?

Yes, that one.

Attached: IMG_20190303_100139.jpg (1037x1376, 213K)

Of course, he's a king!

Let me guess. You're going to blame the game for your incompetence. Right?

Who cares about Tora when Poppi exists?

Attached: IMG_20190313_205547.jpg (1770x1525, 311K)

There's a broken crit healing build I believe, I have seen it on Youtube.

Go back to bed girl.

Attached: 1532988967610.png (1400x992, 885K)

>Rex is 15
>looks 10

Attached: 6a5.jpg (464x618, 53K)

Should I be making everyone a crit-healer by the time I reach end-game?

Hard disagree that it's worse on all fronts. Beyond sidequests, XBC2 also has better:
>battle system
>story in second half
>music
>party dynamics
and many aspects on par with the first, like environment design and exploration. Graphics are better but that's kind of a given

Exactly, fuck Tora.

Kaiser Zone as AoE attack buff

crit aura and screw edge spam are disgusting. she's top dps with 1 art. really sucks on challenge mode though pneuma is WAY better for crit aura and elma is easily S+ only below poppi

>Execute auto-attacks to build Arts
>Use Arts to build Special, if you properly cancel the auto-attacks' return animation (execute the Art as soon as the auto-attack's damage pops up), you'll gain more Special. You can buy a skill on your Drivers' Affinity Chart that lets you cancel an Art into another Art, buy this ASAP
>Use Specials of increasing level (i-4 to start, 2-4 to continue, 3-4 to finish the combo) following chart related to execute Blade Combos and add Elemental Orbs. An Elemental Orb will grant the enemy resistance to attacks of that element, and also seal one of its Arts (again, see chart). You can only have one seal active, any new Orb overrides the previous seal (i.e. putting a Fire Orb seals Self-Destruct Arts, adding a Water Orb on top will unseal Self-Destruct Arts and seal Stench Arts instead)
>Use Driver Combos (Break->Topple->Launch->Smash Arts) to turn your Blade Combo into a more damaging Fusion Combo and extend the time allotted for the combo's execution (timer on the top right)
>Fill the Party Gauge (top left) by landing Arts (you gain more gauge from properly executed Arts (i.e. attacking from behind with Sword Bash))
>Once you have a couple Orbs stacked and a full Party Gauge, press + to launch a Chain Attack, during which you'll take turn executing Specials to damage the Elemental Orbs. Each Orb has 3 HP, using a Special of the opposite Element (elemental opposites are Fire-Water, Ice-Wind, Electric-Earth and Dark-Light) will automatically target the Orb it's strong against and deal 2 damages, using Specials none of the Orbs are weak to will target an Orb at random and deal 1 damage
>If you manage to break an Orb in one round, the Chain Attack will be extended for another round, break enough Orbs (usually 5) and you'll enter Full Burst, automatically destroying every Orbs left and your full party executing a Level 4 Special with a massive damage multiplier

That's pretty much all you need to know to master the combat system

Attached: blade combos.jpg (1478x882, 205K)

>XB2
>better battle system
>better story
Not even remotely close.

>XBC2 also has better:
>battle system

oof
already fucked up

Also the environments are all tiny in 2 compared to the first.

Crossette's artist hasn't posted anything in a week, I am getting anxious.

Attached: IMG_20190303_101131.jpg (873x1197, 172K)

t. brainlets who didn't understand the battle system

it's funny because these are literally just the absolute basics.

>Shulk and Telos that low
>Sheba THAT low
>Azami that high
What.

Why don't X babies just play FF15 if they like easy battle systems?

It's more like a DPS chart than anything. Useful for NG+ or post game.

Attached: Big titty goth gf.webm (480x720, 2.63M)

There's nothing to understand. It takes 20 hours to get off the ground, and even then it remains boring and extremely repetitive.

50 hours in, I can confirm.

>People don't like Tora

What the fuck? Why? Tora is a great guy and a lotta fun.

Attached: 1543517955804.jpg (485x800, 82K)

Why do Vale and Perun jiggle so much

Attached: IMG_20190311_042347.jpg (1881x1482, 732K)

how long would it take to beat this game if you just went through the story and did some side quests?

You can understand it within 5 hours if you aren't a total brainlet

They made her true to her XC1 self so she's an unstoppable crit blender and also best girl that wins forever.

Attached: Melia.gif (350x280, 1.21M)

Objectively wrong.
XBC1's battle system is just topple -> chain attack and all you can do is auto attack and arts. Blades give you so much potential for teambuilding, and switching and combos add a fuckton of strategy and interactivity.

Once you understand the elemental and status combos there's nothing to get. The combat is just slow and boring.

I can explain Perun, his artist is famous for his bouncy girls so he somehow made the animators fill his trademark bouncing. Dunno about Vale and Crossette also has loads of bouncing.

Yeah, 2 is pretty much a straight improvement over almost everything and has much more content. Xenoblade 1 is probably still my favorite Monolith Soft game along with Xenogears but I think XCX and XC2 are objectively the better games.

Attached: 1523504201485.jpg (768x1024, 668K)

Nope. I'm amazed that anyone could have trouble with it at all. By late game once you figure out a good setup, it gets incredibly boring because every battle is a cycle through the same 8 combos to get the same 8 orbs in the fastest order, then combo attack. Almost all the battles follow that route, or have the enemy die while you're working on it.

My point exactly. It still takes forever to really open up.

ether cannons are complete nonsense bro. shulk should really be in S(hulk) tier because of the incredible utility he provides and how useful foresight is.

Just keep practicing, you'll eventually get it. :)

Quickest way to die.

WAHHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO STRATEGIZE AND SET UP COMBOS WAHHHH

WAHHHH WHY DOESN'T THE GAME JUST GIVE ME A KILL BUTTON FOR ME TO MASH THROUGH THE GAME WITH NO EFFORT WAHHH

Objectively retarded. Characters that all have unique abilities are better than blades that feel the same and turn every battle into the same orb building race.

>implying XB1 wasn't the exact same thing

I met Morag LOVES anal.

Is slapping 3 ether cannons on Zeke a good idea

XB1 was even easier just chain attack and topple till they die.

About 70 hours, more or less?

>Balance? I don't know that word.

Attached: 1539255423489.png (792x625, 1M)

>You only like it because you didn't understand it!
>Oh, you explained why it's boring?
>Fuck you, I'll double down on shitposting!
Great post.

XB2 + Torna and all the DLC/updates ended up pushing it better than X for me. 1 is still the worst but mainly because it wasn't fully realized yet, like Demon's Souls or Halo 1.

>not stacking auras and using an orb master common to set an orb with one special and then chain attacking for the damage cap

Who actually goes to 8 orbs lmao.

How hard is it to figure out a combat system that plays the game for you?

Fucking spawn of Kirito you had to be, at least your personality is like Dante so that makes you better than Kirito.

sounds good. thanks.

Morag does indeed love anal.

But spin2win as mythra is fun

The people who let the game "play for them" ARE the retards who don't understand the combat system.

If you're playing right, you're constantly pressing buttons.

I'm planning on getting a switch soon and I really wanted to pick this game up but FUCK this looks like more trouble than it's worth. Especially for a memeplot with tales tier writing.

XB1 gave you characters that all felt different, better AoE arts, and let you stack topple, so you could actually fight enemies way above your level with a higher risk-reward system. There was also more management of stuff like spike damage.

just stick with dynasty warriors, user

it's a lot simpler

>a combat system that plays the game for you

Okay. Play the game with just auto-attacks and see how far you get.

Yeah, no. XBC1 required the least amount of "management" of any game in the series. XBC1 combat was as hands-off as XBCX's Skell combat.

Take off the nostalgia goggles, nigger. Good thing I played this game after X and 2.

Mor Ardain's the only one that felt too small to me. XBC2's environments are also a lot more dense. Temperantia reminded me of XBC1's design style and it's so tedious to explore.

You sound really stupid.

Speaking of which, xenoblade warriors when?

Attached: IMG_20190305_071932.png (648x900, 761K)

Demon's Souls is the best in the series

stop

>Critical rate 93%
Fucking how?

60 hours so far....

anyone else notice the auto-battle computer will complete the team attack qte now?
it used to be the only input you had to do when you disable qte's.

The only time XBC1 felt as interactive as 2 was when you were using Melia.
Also it's way more feasible to fight above-level enemies in 2 than in 1

>Respond to specific points about combat with "nuh-uh"
Turning combat into a slow rhythm game doesn't make it engaging.

Dual welding.

>engaging
this word is only used by retards who don't know what they're talking about

Shut the fuck up.

Eh Melia isn't even hard to play her AI is just stupid and overvalues the auras.

>Also it's way more feasible to fight above-level enemies in 2 than in 1
Okay, I get it now. The people saying 2 was better than 1 were just really bad at the combat in 1. That makes sense.

I loved Tora. I understand his character type is very controversial though.

Attached: 1529205229263.png (1718x1214, 2.29M)

I don't use auto battle so no
I know one of the updates added a toggle to make those automatic

How bullshit is Corrin?

>Still can't bring up or talk about any specifics mentioned
>Gets mad that he has trouble understanding words

Why are you so mad that your Asian sex robot game is easy?

Okay, I get it now. The people saying 1 was better than 2 were just really bad at the combat in 2. That makes sense.

I really wish Tora would just be like "yeah I made Poppi moe suck my dick faggots it's my robot I can do what I want". But I like him, his "collecting items" voice is unbearable though.

>you can't play muh meme combat nintendie game, you must be big dumb!
lmao

Attached: 1549811240972.jpg (1107x1118, 64K)

>"Xenoblade 2 gets good if you put into it 100 hours"
>"Ugh Persona 5 is such slog, muh pace, TOO BIG, game needed less dungeons"
>inb4 P5 too much cutscenes, only Kamoshida arc has a good dungeon/story meme
Xenoblade 2 fanboys are one of the worst faggots chillin on Yea Forums

>His gathering voice is annoying
True, but he also has the most hilarious line when he takes falling damage.

Who are you quoting?

Attached: 73627055_p1.png (1914x1052, 2.32M)

Is there anything I can use instead of the moon matter chip earlier on? My party just hit level 75 so I don't think I can fight the boss that drops the chip just yet.

Damn, you really flexed on that strawman

Not him but that only works in slow boards like /jp/, saying "who are you quoting?" In Yea Forums makes you look retarded, arrow dialogue was invented here.

Stand aside poser. Let a real Scotswoman show you how it's done.

Attached: Traditional Mòrag.png (592x990, 385K)

You need to fill the fingerless glove meter before it clicks

Attached: xenoblade gameplay.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

> In b4 the crying weebs start bitching

I honestly just ignore them at this point. Just let them enjoy their weeb game.

That sucks. I tried this damn game twice and both times I dropped it at chapter 4, though I'd gotten a hang of the combat by then the second time around.

But that is not a pokemon trainer.

Attached: 73627055_p0.png (1869x1052, 1.71M)

Both games are easy as shit to play if you know how to read.
Don't understand these faggots who don't "get" the combat. There's not much to "get" if you can read tutorials.

Keep going op you'll get it about 50 hours in I wish I was joking
Torna had a worse story but pretty much everything, especially enemy health and sidequests, were much better

youtube.com/watch?v=LDQDOkSwmCE

Is not about Scottish, is about who makes a better pokemon trainer MC and Morag fails at that.

Attached: IMG_20190309_122347.jpg (1535x2048, 237K)

This isn't the Nier thread.

How do Xenocringefags defend the shitty MMD motion capture cutscenes?

Attached: 73540787_p0.png (1240x1754, 1.11M)

ok

Now it is, which game has the best ass graphics?

Ok, i just realized that several times in this thread i have been calling Corvin "corrin", why nobody corrected me?

>People explain how 2 is easy and boring, especially late game
>"If I parrot his post, even if I'm wrong I can pretend to be clever!"
Good for you.

We've gotten to a point where shitposters have to talk to themselves in hopes of replies.

Attached: images.jpg (448x684, 40K)

>Play XC2
>Bunch of dorks become friends and go on an adventure
I can play this even though I'm 31

>Play Persona 5
>Game desperately tries to convince me that a group of teenagers are all totally badass and cool and that the silent boring ass MC is also the coolest thing in existence who attracts every woman in his vicinity without even having to try and also FUCK ADULTS
I can't stomach this kind of stuff anymore.

Attached: 1540927699648.jpg (1939x2621, 1.29M)

Because I like to imagine Rex's aunt as an OP as fuck Blade.

Both are easy. 1 at least kept things fresh by letting you play as characters that felt different.

Stop using my mistake, nobody used my pic when it was relevant but now is not I see it everywhere.

I loved P4 was more than 5 because its also a bunch of dorks who felt like friends.

>literally just auto-attacking and simon says use this element again
>complicated at all
you still shouldn't buy it since it's a bad game but please seek help acquiring a 3rd digit for your IQ

>FUCK ADULTS
Any time someone says this about P5, I know that they're completely retarded and worthless opinions.

>Tora kills Elma
>"Dinner is served"

What the fuck dude

The combat in the first one was fun to break
>SUMMON BOLT
>SUMMON COPY
>SUMMON ICE
>SPEAR BREAK HAH
>STARLIGHT KICK
>MANIFEST YOURSELF
>You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!
>Dunban, I think you need to have a talk with Reyn.
>No. Let's pretend it didn't happen.

It's a certain poster that does this, he's been doing it for a while about lots of games.

Jokah is cool and so is yusuke, ryuji to a lesser extent. Futaba is mildly likeable but Haru is added way too late and given way too little character to do anything.
I don't hate makoto or anything but as a "likeable character" she's not very high up there, and fuck ann. Not literally though because she'd like that.

Attached: file.png (980x396, 535K)

Meta joke to xbx's infamous "let's eat tatsu!" Jome

Mash up the buttons and wiggle the sticks!

I love how Melia could topple mostly everything in the game. Shit was so fucking broken.

They're both weeb shit so how aren't you able to tolerate both?

Reminder that Xbx2 is coming out in August 30.

Attached: 1551328864001.jpg (1024x547, 116K)

Didn't this game get BTFO in its own genre at the gay awards to robot porn and anime highschool Lupin?

Attached: D0ht527WoAAfUVX.jpg (1535x2048, 197K)

anyone got more of this sword

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Who are you quoting?

What, just screenshots of it?

Attached: 1533507961708.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

Some group maybe mod it and malos into MH world soon.

this game is going to be fucking awesome.

Attached: 1550259638602.jpg (6000x4000, 3M)

>despite being bombarded with tutorial after tutorial

i don't think anyone ever bothers to read those

Well, she got broken thru the game, it was only fair.

I wanted to play this game, but holy shit playing at 144hz on PC has spoiled me, this garbage runs like at 16fps at 510p

Attached: 1540586681712.png (580x548, 293K)

>flood the game with erotic female rare blades
>the one hot male character in the game doesn't get to be a rare blade
Fuck this shit.

Not that I think it's bad but why does everyone suddenly got thighs the size of their head when he draws them in the org coat

P4 was top tier comfy and just made me nostalgic for hanging out with friends after school.

Attached: 1548893291858.jpg (716x1011, 91K)

no that's actually how it goes
>I don't want to read tutorials, let me play the game
>*mashes A*
>two minutes later
>this battle system is confusing, why don't they explain anything

My PC runs 1440p@144Hz, and I could still enjoy XB2. Maybe you have autism.

>>the one hot male character in the game doesn't get to be a rare blade
you can get some actually attractive male blades though, unlike his barashit

Geoffrey, Corrin, Akhos, Mikhail

???

chew

Attached: Malos eating cake.png (723x730, 144K)

Wouldn't call him the only attractive male character, but it's still criminal.

Attached: 1537406887077.jpg (771x1200, 205K)

Seems to be the artist style to give massive hips to girls, just see his new Nia pic

Attached: 1538026041112.jpg (900x1200, 570K)

More of the sword or more of the sword holding the sword?

Attached: 1534287297546.png (650x650, 455K)

>Geoffrey
Looks like an ice abomination
>Corrin
Good if you like guys that look like 13 year olds I guess
>Akhos
Annoying nerd with glasses isn't hot
>Mikhail
He's decent but nothing amazingly hot. Considering that for attractive female blades there's a whole range of big titted women to pick from, he doens't really compare

Why is Alvis such a nerd compared to Pneuma and Logos?

Because each sibling needs a gimmick.

Jin? Minoth? Addam?

Attached: 1550456435673.jpg (1682x2714, 1.47M)

Attached: 1551328273857.jpg (3896x4945, 2.85M)

It's the Holy trinity of high school
>Malos
Tall muscular Chad who dominates and takes what he wants
>Pneuma (Mythra/Pyra)
Stacey who whines to men but has no issue complying and getting fucked by them like a whore to get by
>Alvis
Level-headed and gets by through his intelligence even if he lacks the backbone to take what he wants like Malos

>Mythra
>with Pyra's sword
something doesn't add up here

unironically this

They're not related. Stop spreading this meme.

>Jin
Would have been fine if he was actually usable in the main game and if stopped whining over Lora
>Minoth
Lol no.
>Addam
He looks and acts too goofy to be hot plus not usable in the main game

I didn't understand it til I beat the game and started post game stuff.

It's not that bad though, I couldn't even BEGIN to comprehend all the mechanics in Tales of Bearseria.

Attached: 1513830826346.jpg (1280x1406, 262K)

>Alvis's green light is the exact same as the Conduit
what the fuck takahashi

The Architect = Zanza should have been enough to convince them but yet they still deny it.

He took some of that conduit juice for himself

>You mean the chaos emeralds?

I thought this was obvious to anyone who played both games. The Architect even says the him that was selfish and wanted to go to the new world got taken there while he was the body that got left behind.

Attached: 1551643526747.png (768x1024, 439K)

This doesn't prove anything.

Attached: pokemon minge and cringe.png (1152x890, 1.23M)

This based artist made the first astral chain crossover.

got a link to their stuff I like it

It proves you're retarded.

The fuck? Yea Forums ate my pic.

Attached: IMG_20190309_223325.jpg (1635x1118, 350K)

He's the eldest and most powerful by far. What're they gonna do about it?

Attached: Triniti.jpg (600x497, 82K)

kind of weird that it's a "phase transition experiment facility" that broke spacetime, usually we imagine particle accelerators in that role

>He looks and acts too goofy to be hot
That's retarded. Did you not even notice his fucking pits and pecs peaking out.

Attached: D1ieLRXU4AAoiuu.jpg (998x1540, 239K)

Well the orbit stations did house what was pretty much just a really fucking large particle accelerator, one that circled the Earth and was powered by the Zohar.

Attached: First_Low_Orbit_Station.png (833x468, 680K)

Here's your Alvis, bros

Attached: 264.jpg (2132x3021, 1.63M)

I think for me it's that his face looks too feminine. It's almost as feminine as Mythra's. Malos has a square jaw and masculine looking face.

>gets to final boss
>tutorial
game,wtf.

This game is a mess and people look the other way because it has waifus.

Attached: 75D1C576-2441-49D3-BDA5-8F8070890F1B.jpg (482x361, 87K)

There is no tutorial on the final boss. There is one that late in the game though, so stupid.

>This game is a mess

Explain.

Have you ever opened the menus while playing it?

So what, the game SHOULDN'T tell you about the Pyra/Nia combo attack?

Maybe he's talking about the tutorial on Torna's final boss? I don't know how people expect them to handle introducing a new mechanic like that without tutorials, though.

Attached: shiki (xenoblade (series) and etc) drawn by shrimqsleeq - 066399600fed6c5962ef2013f9f46a4f.jpg (1200x1600, 251K)

>too lazy to read a few text boxes
>memeplot tales tier writing
protip: never listen to the post-tortanic Yea Forums's opinion on whether a game is good or bad
Regarding the gemeplay, the game does a good job of steadily introducing each major combat mechanic one by one until you get used to it, so you have plenty of time to take it slow and practice
but the gist is
>utilize break/topple/launch/smash often as possible
>prioritizing ending combos with as many different elements as possible to apply as many different element orbs as possible
>blow up the last 70% of the boss's health in the chain attack

>He looks and acts too goofy to be hot plus not usable in the main game

I'm assuming you haven't even played Torna, Addam is s fantastic character and was the standout of the expansion for me.

Be honest guys. After being done with the Main Story, did you continue on with the game? Did you start a NG+ or give the game a bit of a break? Did you grind to level 99 after completion? Did you max all of your blades affinity charts to see their unique quest cutscenes, or did you simply look them up on YouTube?

I just beat the game and all I want to do is move on to Torna: The Golden Country. Maybe next year I will do all of the NG+ preparations and then go into a new game. There are other JRPGs I need to play (Tales of Vesperia, Octopath Traveller, Dragon Quest coming soon, etc.) I put about 85 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Fantastic game, but after Torna I think i'm done for awhile. There's still so much stuff to do and I am a completionist gamer by nature, but this game is kind of overload. Super Bosses, Challenge Mode, Tiger! Tiger!, Gacha Core Crystal Blade grinding, unlocking DLC blades and alternate swimsuit outfits. It's too much work, I'm not autistic enough for it. Without anymore main story narrative, I don't have the initiative to keep putting hours into the game. I liked when I was doing main story while on the side accomplishing all these other things. Now the game is complete and no more story.

Best JRPG I've played in years. Awesome, awesome game. Excited for Torna. I just wanted to see how much work and effort you anons put into the game. How many hours, etc.

>All the way up to Chapter 7
>Didnt know shit about sealing until the Malos fight in the mountain

It was so worth to seal that fucking Monado Cyclone Blowback.

No. I got near the end and figured I'd do all the post game stuff since I'd already gotten past all the gacha shit and didn't mind the battle system. Then I played the end, found that entire sequence wildly underwhelming, and stopped caring about the characters enough to want to clear the game. This is in comparison to XB1, where I did literally everything in the game. I heard the DLC is all around better, but I can't bring myself to play it when I have other games I want to play.

Attached: 1551810185124m.jpg (699x1024, 39K)

I beat it, played Torna, then XC1, then NG+ for 2.

Wait till you get to the one story boss who uses self destruct. You better seal that bitch.

Attached: __marbeni_and_metsu_new_super_mario_bros_u_deluxe_and_etc_drawn_by_himono_xeno__04f5593a43fdc4522b8f (1167x819, 220K)

I finished the main story back in January 2018. Finished all the sidequests shortly afterwards, and I've been slowly meandering my way to 100% in NG+ ever since the patch came out.
The monthly patches really kept my interest in the game going, I don't think I'd have stuck with NG+ long enough to finish it without the new stuff constantly coming out.

I sold it after I finished it. I want my 100 hours back

I didn't beat the main story until after I had already completed every affinity chart that wasn't ng+ exclusive, solo'd every superboss, and in the time to do that challenge mode was a thing so I completed that on every available difficulty then. After curbstomping Aion I replayed again on ng+ and finished all its new content, took on BoC superbosses and challenge mode, followed by one more playthough and then moved on to Torna. I pretty much 100% my games and XB2 is no different. Took me a little over 400 hours. Right now I'm working on 100% Vesperia for the second time since I already did it once on the 360

Attached: 00e65923c97f85c1e0478d6bbdd16aef.jpg (750x1000, 223K)

Glad I'm not the only one. Trust me I wanted to get a lot of the other stuff done. If only Monolith Soft didn't make some of the things so time consuming. I know the most rewarding things take time. It's times like this I wish i wasn't obligated to work and make money to survive so I can relax and play videogames while the hours slip by and not have to worry about time.

G-Godspeed user. I commend you greatly

The gane introduces each combat mechanic in segments throughout the game. First you'll just be auto-attacking, then you'll get a skill, then two then three, then your blade super, etc. It does this precisely so you don't get confused and get used to a mechanic before introducing the next one, by the time you've unlocked all combat mechanics and you have the screen full of pop-ups and ultras you know exactly what you should be doing with it.

Can yuzu emulate it yet?

>454427023
so fucking desperate

thicc

70 hours in and I've never smashed anyone after a launch

Attached: D1lsXKFU8AA0cSu.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

I'm gong to start ng+ soon, how many legendary cores should I have if I want to get all the torna drivers right away?

This was the first Pyra's doujin and it never got scanned.

Attached: 1552534449260m.jpg (724x1024, 142K)

Go do it, it's fucking satisfying.
99 rares and 99 legendaries. It probably won't be enough.

Remember in NG+ you might not have all the essentials you need to help boost your Luck when opening those Legendary Core Crystals until you get later into the game. You could get a lot of the torna drivers with Rare Core Crystals

The relentless arduran doesn't go away, does it? I can just use that to grind for more

As long as you've killed it once, its gravestone will show up from the start and you won't have to raise it again.

I did one runthrough of Torna, then I put in a bunch of hours just using the Land of Challenge Blades. Elma and Torna alone justified the expansion pass for me.
Mind I think the game is pretty mediocre overall and it's definitely made to waste time with shit like Merc Missions or randomly generated commons you need to check abilities for with random affinity chart requirements.

lmao this

So how does homura/hikari retain their memories when they pop back. It's nip consensus that they mouth ただいま(tadaima). Which is I'm home/back.

We don't know. Nip consensus doesn't mean shit. Until we get official confirmation on what they said they couldn've easily called Rex a faggot for all we know. That said I wouldn't be surprised if the memory loss doesn't apply to Aegis'.

Yes. Grails are bullshit plot devices and rules don't apply to them, and their last line makes it clear in case you were wondering. That whole last bit still sucked, though.

Is Smash the same as Daze from 1?

Weapons have different arts for different drivers. Ether cannon on Rex has different arts than ether cannon on Zeke, for example. But all ether cannon blades will have the same arts when used by Rex

Uploaded memories into Rex's crotch.

Aegises/the trinity processor cores were designed for a completely different purpose from all of the blades on Alrest. They receive the data/memories of all blades, and that data is stored in their core crystal.
There's really no good reason to assume they'd lose their own data when they return to a core state, like a normal blade would. They aren't sending it anywhere.

No. Smash does a huge amount of damage, and more importantly, causes the enemy to drop items, same as if you'd killed them. Pretty much all endgame grinding is about smashing over and over and over as much as possible.

It's actually surprisingly easy to die in this game. Shit can turn around fast against reasonably leveled enemies.

youtu.be/zKYVvpTqHyk

Torna is lit.

it's true, though.

Attached: 1551722146957.webm (640x480, 2.77M)

But their battery died.

I realized how the combat system worked adter like 50 hours. Once you get it the game become much more fun.

What battery? The conduit? That's only relevant to Pneuma's reality rewriting powers, it isn't something they need to function as a normal blade.

And yet they still lived without a crystal, and respawned from it afterwards.

Attached: __hikari_and_lyndis_super_smash_bros_ultimate_and_etc_drawn_by_kgctcg__35f1d08a16310ee1e475e1de27aed (1265x2048, 259K)

Is it okay to bully simpletons?

>tfw DSP dropped his XC playthrough because he overleveled and was bored
>tfw we'll never see him suck at 2

feelsbadman

remember when temperantia was supposed to be the main battleground of the aegis war and then it didn't factor in to the aegis war dlc at all
that was fun

>20 hours in
>woah you can put orbs on people
>chain attacks do something?!

Very cute.

Attached: poppi.jpg (559x720, 130K)

>endgame
>one of poppi's nodes is doing 600 blade combos
>103/600

Attached: 1516247018661.png (321x322, 73K)

DLC was shit, I don't care what people here say. I'm legitimately baffled some people say it was better than the main game.

>want to replay the game
>remember the 200 hours I put in for all the blades and quests
>ng++ would be too hard to balance because all these filled affinity charts
>not everything is possible to get on a first time playthrough
>remembering the battle system slog that is chapter 1 and 2
maybe in 3 years

Attached: pain.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Immovable Gonzalez being referenced early on by Poppi must've been so confusing for first timers.

Don't worry, Joseph Anderson is more than enough.

It had better combat.

But that's watching DSP with autism. I don't want the autism aspect.

Slap Opening Art and Critical Up on Pyra and you'll deal massive damage to most things with attack-cacelled Rolling Smash. Boss fights will suck for a while, though.

But it could also have lead to a cool "oh shit, I get it now!" moment later on.

What's it like having brain damage?

It took me a bit to get the joke, since she doesn't even call him by his proper title.
It kind of fell flat.

Attached: IMG_20190310_065405.jpg (978x1140, 107K)

Who gives a shit, they literally decided what the last scene would be on a whim.

Attached: IMG_20190311_082022.jpg (1260x1380, 163K)

Attached: IMG_20190310_000756.jpg (600x1689, 230K)

so that's the original, nice

Attached: IMG_20190306_115233.jpg (659x932, 106K)

>Xenoblade 2 combat is hard
I love this notion. It's pretty simple, slightly more complicated than first game, hugely downgraded after Xenoblade X too.

This but unironically.

Attached: Xenoblade 2 Fight.webm (640x480, 2.28M)

Nobody's saying it's hard, they're saying it's confusing.

It's not hard, the tutorials are just shit and lack of tutorial archives doesn't help. Boggles my mind considering XB1 had a great tutorial system.

I can get behind that. Game locking shit out to unlock it with badly written tutorials doesn't help either.
I bet if they removed tutorials and unlocked all but story blade specific abilities - people could've figure it out easier.

What is the point of this webm?

Attached: confused potato.gif (333x204, 1.61M)

Try playing Xenosaga.

>he doesn't know about desserts

smug.mp4

Is there any better than the Narcipear Jelly? That's my go-to all game long.

yes, but you gotta do Gorg's affinity tree

I mean, I'd rather get pouch items I can just buy and have on all the time instead of having to collect stuff.

Fair. I didn't do it until way late into my 5th NG+

Bump

aside from the cake that gorg's quest lets you craft, no.
but hot ruby steamed bun, char-grilled gumbird and fish and herb broth all have the same arts recharge bonus, so depending on the favorite item types of the blades you have equipped, they could be more effective.

>I don't get these posts. JRPGs have always had more innovative/complex gameplay that WRPGs.
Uh-huh.

Attached: 12344889445.jpg (2000x1797, 853K)

>Elektra and Kora bottom tier
Wh-why are they so bad exactly?

youll get it soon, once you get the hang of takedown>launch>slam combos you can really start dominating.

>I don't get these posts. JRPGs have always had more innovative/complex gameplay that WRPGs.

>jrpgs
>Pretty much every thing people associate with traditional jrpgs like FF, DQ and SMT was copied from western rpgs: the party-based combat system right down to specific spells and classes/jobs, the overworld, even the tradition of getting an airship, etc.
>"innovative"

Attached: 1544567776881.png (282x347, 60K)

I'd guess because Shield Hammers are hot garbage, but I dunno why Kasandra would be one tier higher when Electra is on paper a better tank than her. Kora, no idea. I found her pretty good.

Jesus, you're terrible.

Attached: Not working.png (211x239, 86K)

>Why are a tank that focuses on its high block rate and a healer whose personal perk is healing while moving around (aka not attacking) not on the top of a challenge mode DPS-focused tier-list?
It's a mystery!

>best jrpg story since xenogears
>memeplot
fuk you

Shit, man, I didn't know it was a dps-focused tier list for challenge mode. For all I know it's just a general tier list for all the Blades.

>XB2
>Best jrpg story
Jesus Christ

but the game will be over by then

not that guy, but if it was for general use then Corvin would be the only top tier. Dude is a beast if you just wanna pull everything on the map.

It's a list made to determine who is the strongest Blade in the game, established by clear time of a specific Challenge Mode fight (the Cloud Sea King Ken one IIRC).

Here's a more accurate tier list though.

Attached: 1550970882056.png (1020x1214, 591K)

video games copied from D&D, and the japs did a better job of it. that's all.

Attached: 94142-Might_And_Magic_1_(1986)(New_World_Computing_Inc)-1523753147.png (320x200, 3K)

what is better then user kun?

The combat starts to get more enjoyable and fluid when your drivers can have a third blade, and also when they also get the ability to cancel arts into each other.

work hard research hard

haha so randumb xd

>video games copied from D&D, and the japs did a better job of it.
Really?

Attached: 13994393232.jpg (2000x2412, 741K)

user, if you're so far gone that you think XB2 was the best jrpg story in the last couple decades and are enough of a faggot to add -kun to your post to try to sound cute, you're inevitably going to greentext back any game I list and pretend XB2 is better, regardless if you played it or not. But I'll try you what, I'll give you one example: XB1. It's story and characters are head and shoulders above 2.

>Characters
>XB1 better
So close yet so far away.

Attached: 1521506592117.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

>XB1
XB2 is better
no but actually you are a faggot and 1 has the worst story of any of the xeno games probably because it wasn't intended as one and it's retarded 3rd act out of nowhere plot twist was is made much better by the retcon in 2

Not a 'XB1 isn't a REAL Xeno game!' faggot, but the strengths of 1's story are mostly in its presentation. It's better, but it's not heads and shoulders above XB2.
And I preferred 2's characters, for the most part.

You are trying to talk to absolute retards who saw their first anime, don't bother.

Yes. They were better. XB2 had a handful of good characters, and then some really plain ones with a bad MC. XB1 had a much better cast all around, and didn't waste time trying to introduce 100 quirky side characters because they decided to populate the game with "Please draw your fetish" characters. A lot of the blade sidequests were wet fart letdowns. You actually have to be retarded to think 2's cast was better.

>It's worse because it wasn't going to be a Xeno games
So you're retarded and a faggot.

It's mostly in it's presentation in that it helps the party members shine better, but the Shulk is just outright better than Rex on all fronts, and the main character can really make or break a character driven story.

oh winds, lend me your transient fleeting aid

youtube.com/watch?v=OQ8WOS4jiNc

Best song in the game, you can't prove me wrong.

>People who think shitty anime cliches are fresh like XB2's story
That explains a lot.

10ish hours into tiger tigerstage 5 : 3 rare core crystal
6 master luck mods
2 master muscle mods
3 master evasion mods
1 master strike mod
3 light elemental core
3 dark elemental core
Still no sign of frigging ether or tank , should i just give up Yea Forumsros?

Getting the dark core took me many hours. Keep at it.

>playing that shit mini game for this long.
don't you have work around in NG+ via just buying all that shit?

Behold Tantal - Night and despair.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2JI18ByvU

Attached: tantal-izing.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

The only character worth a damn in one are Dunban, Melia, Fiora, and Shulk all the other might as well not even exist.

>The only good characters are all the main ones
And go fuck yourself for leaving out Riki.

Day theme is better

Riki's great, but he does literally nothing of importance in Xenoblade's plot aside from giving Dunban some advice.

Ty user just got ether one, just a little more and i ll be done with this hell
Ye i know that, but i'm not remotely close to complete ng, and i ll probably also take a break and do torna after i'm done with that

>A character is only good if they drive plot events pertaining to the main conflict forward
Again, go fuck yourself.

>Ye i know that, but i'm not remotely close to complete ng, and i ll probably also take a break and do torna after i'm done with that
Doing any side activities in NG is waste of time which make you hate the game eventually.

>Again, go fuck yourself.
Not a argument. But thanks for proving me right.

Care to elaborate ? Aside from travelling bard and land of challenges making poppi easier tomax out

I performed my first full burst on the final boss.

it's crazy that a combat system based around auto-attacks is this fucking complicated

Attached: 1536314756451.png (326x301, 35K)

Brainlet

>Not a argument
An instant sign that the person you're replying to is an illiterate retard with completely worthless opinions.

>Th-That's not an argument!
Neither is ignoring your own ridiculous implication that a character can't be well written or interesting if they're not driving the conflict forward. If you actually think that, you're retarded. There's no two ways about it. Now try responding to that instead of using one of Reddit's favorite "look what an intelligent debater I am" throwaway lines.

Because if you plan to move onto NG+, may as well skip doing side stuff cause you'll have to repeat most of them eventually.
Game is designed around wasting your time, be that field skills, gacha, merc missions. Reward for grind is miniscule, sidequests are dissappointing. NG+ cut some of that shit off, not by much. What the point grinding legendary cores when even if you get all rare blades, you'll need to roll more in NG+ for Torna shit?
Same goes for minigame. You can sink hours into it hoping for random drops. Or you can go into NG+ and buy them.

>Shulk
>Would you kill another homs
>Better than Rex.
You and me both know that if Mumkhar did the samething to Fonsett Village he would have beat Mumkhar to an inch of his life.

>Sorry, that's my code!
>I'll just buy him a drink and we'll be pals even though he kidnapped my girlfriend and tried to kill us all!

>only 4 out of 7 characters in the party matter
as opposed to XB2 where only Rex, Pythra and Poppi do anything of importance?
Half of every Driver/Blade set is basically worthless, Zeke/Morag have no reason to tag along, if Tora died after Poppi got introduced literally nothing would change.

Its amusing to see you want to have a "debate" but than tell others to "go fuck yourself." If you want to argue grow up first.

Tbh i'm enjoy most of the sidequests , miles ahead xc1 , why would i do everything over, i can just complete everything now and only use ng+ blades in ng+. I agree with the game trying to waste your time tho, but overall it's pretty enjoyable , i ' d rather play this then xc1 again really

Zeke and Morag have a reason to tag along. They want to save their dying world. Also, Nia is important so it looks like its equal.

boy this looks like a parody pic

>Says something completely retarded on Yea Forums
>Pretends that getting called a retard means other people aren't making points
Oh, user.

XB1 has really good plot and environments to explore but the actual gameplay is lackluster, it's a great game but I don't think it's one of those games I could ever replay from beginning to end without a several year gap.

Their reasons for tagging along involve being "inspired by the look in Rex's eyes". They literally say this. He's a ball of shitty anime cliches.

>Zeke/Morag have no reason to tag along
They're both officially there as representatives of their countries' interests (on Niall's orders for Morag, and his dad's request for Zeke), mainly to make sure the kid who's bonded with a potentially world-ending weapon doesn't end up doing something insanely stupid. Both want to see if Elysium exists for themselves, as well.
None of this is particularly unreasonable. What do you expect them to do, let the 15-year old with the terrorist organization chasing after him head off on his own?

Mumkhar was evil for shits and giggles. Malos was evil because he felt like he represented the worst of humanity. Rex wanted to beat him in just enough to make him learn that he should be able to separate his ideology from Amalthus. When he made it clear that he had nothing else to live for, that became Malos' last hurraw.

Are you being deliberately dense? Tora and Poppi are important to Rex's motivations. Nia has a prominent story arc that reflects Rex's influence on Pneuma and ties in to the flesh eater storyline. Morag represents the plight of the dying world through Mor Ardain and Brighid ties to the life cycle of Blades with her diary. Zeke and Pandy relate both to the fucked up state with the world with their forced Blade Eater existence, and the fucked up state of Indol with their home country being strangled for resources.

Attached: 1534077790345.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

That only matter when you actually make a point. So might want to your own advice.

>Picture doesn't even mention the pulsating element symbol at the center of the Arts Pallet that indicates optimal distance from the enemy depending on the weapon type or the affinity link between Driver and Blade required for using Specials and how it turning gold allows to charge a level 4 Special by NOT using Arts for a while and lowers the cooldown on Blade Arts

>Niall's orders
Which were given because he saw how much his sister wanted to adventure with Rex.

Link to artist?

>The villain wasn't actually bad, he was just confused until the MC punched him in the face and showed him that he was on the wrong path
I'm glad we agree it's awful C-tier anime writing.

I'm gonna be honest I loved Mumkhar, even if he wasn't the most fleshed out character in the world you learned just enough about him to understand why he was off his rocker without the game trying to make you feel like he was just some misunderstood soul that needed some friendship.

>like he was just some misunderstood soul that needed some friendship.
Faggots think that all antagonists need this trait.

Well, it's the ONLY jrpg where I bothered to play after I finished the man story. That's really telling. I endend up with like 150h. And I didn't even do some of the DLCs (keeping that for my NG+ i a few months). Absolutely fantastic game.

Attached: 1552457588049.jpg (1443x2048, 501K)

>it's the ONLY jrpg where I bothered to play after I finished the man story. That's really telling.
It is indeed telling that you have shit taste.

>Tora and Poppi are important to Rex's motivations
Rex's motivations are Elysium and muh Pyra, so they're really not. Poppi at least is useful in cutscenes, Tora doesn't even have that going for him after his introduction.
>Nia has a prominent story arc
And no reason to tag along other than "well no-one else wants me" like the cuck she is.
>Morag represents
>Zeke and Pandy relate
Again, not reasons to tag along other than "this kid might be interesting". They also do nothing important.

I'm glad we agree that she had a reason to tag along.

>Using someone else's zinger from the same thread because they made you feel stupid
Is there anything more pathetic?

Oh you're just looking for an in-universe justification. Rex and Pyra are the most important people on the planet and humanity's best chance for survival. Does that suffice?

>this kid might be interesting
Yea, they totally don't want to stop the blade that almost destroyed Alrest 500 years ago. Both Zeke and Morag know the world is dying out fast. The only great titans not dying is the Uraya and Tantal titan. Better to bet it all on some hope for the world than wait for a guaranteed death.

This
Just do mythra special 3 times works every time my dude

Wasn't intentional. Sorry for stealing your zinger, dude.

>What should we do about land and resource scarcity and war? Should we do research or consolidate or stuff?
>No, let's follow the titty monster who said paradise will solve all of our problems despite not being able to explain what it will do at all or how it can help
>Yeah, that makes sense

For sure and if anything i would never ever do all the sidequests ever again, i'd rather not have sidequests at all

If you had actually played the game you'd know that Mor Ardain is trying to develop food that can grow on the dying titan. For one THE FLAMEBRINGER isn't much use in a laboratory, and for another there's very little you can do about death.

Look retard, you can't make more land that the underlining problem. No research or consolidating is going to fix that massive issue. And since your dumbass can't play attention titans take years to become colossal titans.

>Hey, we're at risk for war, what do we do with our greatest fighter?
>Should we keep them here in case of civil unrest or invasion, and maybe use her blade for energy research?
>Fuck that, send her on an adventure with a borderline retarded kid who just wants to see boobies
Yeah, the in game rationale for stuff in XB2 was pretty airtight.

Because there weren't other Ars with undeveloped areas that could have been used for civilian housing, right? There was simply nothing that could do except take a shot in the dark at a magic Deus ex machina fix.

Retard.

>Consolidation can't fix space and resource issues
ESLfags are too stupid to be allowed to post.

>What should we do about land and resource scarcity and war? Should we do research or consolidate or stuff?
>Let's do that, and also send our greatest fighter off to follow this legendary weapon who says we can solve the land crisis by heading to Elysium, and deal with the other legendary weapon that's trying to end the world ahead of schedule.
>Yeah, that makes sense

the boobies themselves are really important though, everyone should want the boobies (and the kid attached to them) on their side

Isn’t there also the issue of Malos going to just end the world himself? It’s not like they can just ignore Torna.

Then why are you here retard? Mor Ardian population can't be substance with just their titan that part of the reason they went to war.

you're a brainlet.

Attached: 1549803211784.jpg (900x1200, 254K)

>Let's send our greatest fighter away during war
That's the problem.

I agree, and all would have been forgiven if Rex touched the boobies, but he didn't touch the boobies.

Correct. So why wasn't Melef either taking over other Ars or acting as an ambassador trying to broker treaties allowing the empire citizens to relocate? Please give a real answer instead of something retarded like "They can't just act logical, they have to go along with the idiot MC because of vague promises."

Could you repost that except in English? I don't speak monkey.

combat didn't click with me until I was 90+ hours in

Whats annoying is how restrictive the combat is despite having more synergizing mechanics than I've ever seen in an RPG.
You can play the most basic FF or DQ and get more variety from basic buffs, debuffs and spell/attack choices.

At least popping elemental bubbles is a bit fun.

Attached: 1542086574123.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Have you even played the game? Mor Ardain has already conquered a fertile younger titan for their people. They can grow food on Gormott and can eventually relocate their population there. There is no current pressing issue. The problem is that eventually all Titans will die and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. The Aegis and a possible return to Elysium are the most likely solution to that problem.

Not him but if you have ok english you should've managed to understand that much. I could understand the difficulty in using google translator for that sentence though.

I just want some Morag/Brighid porn.

>There is no current pressing issue
Except for all the civil unrest, refugees and uprisings. But yeah, no issues at all. Just send out your best fighter/ambassador.

But we learn later that there's this whole circle of life with titans and blades.
Shouldnt there be more upcoming titans considering how many fucking blades are around?

i wasn't joking, they would want the aegis on their side for future wars even if elysium is bullshit

jesus christ did you people play the game to the end or not?

mobile version where

this shit is made for mobile

Gormott isn't perfect solution either, it's a lot younger than most other titans but there's still dialogue with NPCs suggesting that it's showing signs of age.
Moving there is just pushing the problem further into the future, and Uraya's only going to get more and more aggressive towards Mor Ardain as their own Titan gets older.
Consolidation and research can delay the problem, but they're not a fix.
Did you miss the entire plot point about core crystal cleansing?

No user, it doesn't matter if that's how things actually work in the game world. The plot can't be stupid and the characters can't act illogically for the sake of the plot, so all of their choices make sense.

You didn't play the game that much is clear.

>The pope trying to fuck with things behind the scenes means that he stopped every blade
>It also means every country knew this and planned accordingly
But please, keep saying "play the game" because you're too stupid to think for more than 3 seconds.

Again, you didn't play the game. The vast majority of Blades are in military hands, and the cleansing ritual greatly increases the odds of a successful resonance. It's in the countries' best interests to funnel every Core through Amalthus.

What's the most efficient use of core crystal in NG+ if I'm trying to get all the Torna blade? Common then rare then legendary?

You dumbass. Titans take years to become big enough for people to live on. Even then blade have to die and return to the titan to begin becoming titans.

Are you pretending to be retarded or do you really not understand that they all had no way of knowing what bluepope was doing?

What are you even blathering about? Please try to make a coherent point.

Are you? What about his statement suggests the countries know about the negative effect of what Amalthus is doing? All they know is that he has a special ability that makes cores easier to resonate with, and lets them recruit more soldiers.

>this argument

Attached: 1528771698377.gif (268x274, 1.03M)

If they don't know what he's really doing, then they'd have no reason to think the number of new Ars were being artificially constricted, and sending their military forces and ambassadors away on Hail Mary missions instead of trying to find and develope up and coming Ars doesn't make any sense. That's the point that
made, but you "hurr, play the game" retards missed it entirely because you're incapable of thinking.

Agreed

Attached: 1547770529421.jpg (780x904, 790K)

>Gay shippers
Literally subhuman.

Just started New Game Plus on the main game after beating the Torna Expansion. I love pain.

Best boy.

Attached: DWSU6UQVQAEz18X.jpg (1000x900, 100K)

You know what Amalthus did, right? Right? Also quick reminder you had to suffer through the gacha precisely because of that plot point. Amalthus is the reason why you got that many common Blades duds

I need this to go with my Pyra and Mythra fig. And a Pneuma as well.

Attached: 5acdb2992e360_2018-04-11-50470.jpg (515x425, 278K)

i really really like this cat

Attached: this cat.gif (480x270, 3.1M)