Chocobo Mystery Dungeon

Will you be picking it up?

Attached: chocobos_mystery_dungeon_every_buddy_1550725138.png (370x600, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NtDc6T0FahA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remind me what day?

is it coming to west?

they took out the card game for being "too complex to balance" or some lousy excuse like that so i stopped caring.

lol no

Not sure if it's worth the $40 + digital only. I played the original Wii version, but I also know this version has the buddy system from the DS version and removed the card game.

yes, you can already preload it on he US store

Next week it is

I enjoyed it on Wii, will probably pirate it on Switch

Redpill me on this game, I know nothing about it.

You change your job class? How many jobs? Do you find your equipment in the dungeon? Party members?

I already have it preloaded. I was bummed that they removed the card minigame but if the dungeons are better then I guess it's okay

20th

Choose your flavor.

Attached: Chocobo--Bottom-specialty-flavor-rail.jpg.jpg (1920x932, 439K)

Was hyped until I saw digital only.

Fuck that. What the fuck Square, this is a FF spinoff, it'll sell.

Pokemon Myster Dungeon but chocobo

It's a roguelike. You can change jobs. There seems to be 14 jobs based on the trailer (and 1 more for preordering; varies if you get PS4 or Switch version). You can bring a second party member with you, and a second player can play as them.

Attached: Chocobos-Mystery-Dungeon-Every-Buddy_2019_02-13-19_001.jpg (1200x675, 276K)

I misread the graphic. It's actually 2 more for preordering with one of those varying depending on which console you get it on.

>posting the Switch version
Nice viral marketing. Final Fantasy is a Sony property.

>Limited DLC that affects gameplay greatly only when you pre-order
Yeah I hate it already

Its basically like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. This is an enhanced port of the Wii version with added stuff.
>You change your job class?
Yeah you can change and level them up for more skills. I think this newer version let's you change anytime instead of before a dungeon and mid rooms(I forgot what they were called).
>Do you find your equipment in the dungeon?
Yeah its like 2 pieces of equipment and either 1 or 2 accessories, I can't remember which.
>Party members?
They added party members in the newer versions. On the Wii version, you went in solo.

It's actually 13 jobs, 1 exclusive job, and 1 preorder buddy unless SE fucked up and meant to say the jobs are also preorder.

Any footage of the pre order theme?

Reading it carefully, it's not clear whether those are for preordering.

>Final Fantasy is a Sony property

Attached: ff1-logo-ac7a21948605ab73b0a6e72b18714bc909a9072b646928d40aa677fb6680cafd[1].png (900x1273, 564K)

Here's what it actually is. It seems the jobs aren't exclusive. It's just a chocobo partner with that job.

Attached: preorder crap.jpg (653x184, 25K)

>Exclusive pre order dlc
The bane of my existence.

No, it looks crappy as fuck.

Just that tiny picture. It's apparently static though.

>Alpha
Shut up and take my money!

Eventually.

On the other hand, you know it'll be 50% off in 4 months.

Don't know anything about this game or genre but I have the money to buy it. Explain what this is and why it's worth buying. For the record, I like rogue-likes and I liked FFTactics and Advanced.

No pre-order bonus for you!

Attached: 104531669-soupnazi-1.530x298[1].jpg (530x298, 24K)

No, World of Final Fantasy Maxima for $20 is a much better buy.

It's just a cute roguelike with Final Fantasy monsters and music. Also, you can recruit the monsters to fight with you or have a second player be them.

Rev up a DS emulator and try either Pokémon mystery dungeon or Shiren The Wanderer, if you like that style then it's exactly what you are getting here.

which one has a card game?

Wii

The Wii game this port is based on

Yes
I love cute chocobos and moogles

Attached: 1533724788375.jpg (1540x1640, 177K)

Bookies-n-creme for me

Healing vanilla all the way

I played that game for about 7 hours and it's way too fucking easy and everything pertaining to the story is absolute garbage. I like the monster designs a lot but being forced to pick 6 monsters (really only 4 since you have to have the mcs in the party) really fucking sucks.

Attached: 1545260624383.jpg (1149x891, 139K)

BING BING MORE ANIME GARBAGE YAHOOOO

>digital only
Fucking square forcing me to import shit.

Good thing I stopped giving a shit about having physical games

>being a digicuck

Day 1 pirate

is it only Switch/PS4 or are they making a PC version?

play touhou genso wanderer

I didnt like the tower gimmick

>There are people who don't get cookies and cream when buying ice cream

Attached: blink.gif (320x320, 157K)

Day 1 buy.

Attached: chocobo butt.webm (480x270, 1.06M)

Played it on Wii. It was fun.
Wouldn't mind the same game again just with more content.

How's the Wii one compared to the PS1 title?

Attached: cd2.jpg (450x337, 49K)

You can do more with your chocobo in terms of abilities. More dungeons too. Plus, you can actually use your AI's abilities rather than hoping they heal or whatever.

Anyone else having problems with the pre order theme not applying

I ADORED chocobo racing, but I'm pretty much entry level in terms of FF lore and game exposure.

The gameplay of this game seemed nice,but im not sure it will click

Someone sell me on this game.

Is it kind of like digimon world 2? With the dungeons and what not.

i already preordered it weeks ago. can't wait to play it, but i'll have to finish caligula effect first.

You chocobo in the dungeon
Simple as that

how much

chocobo racing was kino! still the best mario kart clone ever made, imo.
have you ever played the pokemon mystery dungeon series? this is basically that but with final fantasy characters instead.

$39.99 plus tip

>You will never ride a chocobo.

:(

I for one am glad the card minigame is gone
I got so fucking sidetracked by that fucking minigame that I hardly touched the main campaign
If you want the card game, play the Chocobo Fables game on DS

Attached: AEHE[1].jpg (1616x680, 823K)

How is that?

PS4/PC/XOne
>not only get actual Final Fantasy games but spin-offs too
Switch
>gets some 15 year old ports and some shitty spin-offs that nobody cares about

I haven't actually.

The most dungeon-esque games I've played are
>Eldritch
>Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
>Digimon world 2
>Alundra 2
>diablo 1&2
and so on.

I'll need to check out a early review to catch on the gist of it.

>Final Fantasy XV
>actual Final Fantasy game
L O L

The Wii version had this and I couldn't understand a single thing about that card game. I ended up ditching it and completely forgot that there was even a card mini game in CMD.

>wanting nu-Final Fantasy

I'm content replaying the stuff that was actually good, thank you.

Attached: spongo.jpg (249x230, 19K)

meant to reply to this user sorry.

>they changed the intro cutscene to that new annoying noisefest chocobo soundtrack (from the trailers) instead of the original kino door crawl
youtu.be/NtDc6T0FahA

the girl on stream said you unlock the buddy option whenever you unlock the respective job class so the dlc is just a way to get it early, you dont need to buy it

the pre orders arent jobs you retard they are the buddy version of the jobs. there are 14 available jobs and you can get them regardless of version and pre order.

this, maxima was half price after a couple months and this seems like a way more reasonable game to pay for at $17.99

>alpha
fuck i need this

Played it on Wii. Why should I care when the game was actually released more tha 2 years ago? Switch really dropped the ball in its second year.

Definetly not worth playing.

Hell yea
Looks fun

Maybe. If it was Chocobo Racing, I'd be all over that

They literally confirmed it in the stream tho

Of course not.

I'm getting it digitally for the switch. Never touched any of the other chocobo dungeons but did play the ds minigame spinoff