IT'S HAPPENING

Sony is buying Take Two for the next gen
gamnesia.com/news/rumor-sony-is-looking-to-buy-take-two-interactive

Attached: sony_to_acquire_rockstar.jpg (1260x500, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

musicbusinessworldwide.com/sony-completes-2-3bn-acquisition-of-emi-music-publishing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he thinks sony could afford the publisher of rockstar games

We might see Agent soon then.

only literal children who haven't graduated high school would believe this

It's already been debunked you retarded cuck.

Attached: 1552519884710.png (1062x1384, 491K)

This post reeks of fear

Attached: 1513198644956s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

The analyst that this report stems from didn't outright discount it but said that the supposed quote he gave that the report was based on wasn't accurate. So take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

But let's play pretend for a minute. If the announcement came through that it was actually true and R* were being added to SIE Worldwide Studios, how would you react, Yea Forums?

Attached: 29Viaaf.jpg (720x960, 85K)

>gamnesia.com

gta v was garbage and rdr2 was a pretty looking box full of nothing that was forgotten after a month after 7 years of hype.

Let that sink ink.

So 99% of Yea Forums.

Only a literal retard/nigger would believe this shit.

About as likely as Microsoft buying Nintendo.

Cope

>ad hominen

sony always wins baby

Why larp a reaction to a retarded event that can't happen?

Attached: 1552519478226.png (1057x1508, 985K)

Best selling products in entertainment. Cope a bit more niploving faggot.

Sony doesn't have the funds to acquire TakeTwo. Why are Playstation fans always so desperate? No games to talk about?

>sales = quality
westacuck...

Any reason why Sony's and T2's stock jumped this morning?

>Rumors
Nothing to see here.

Doesn't change the fact that they're games for niggers and third world subhumans.

>no arguments
>c-cope

Thanks you the (you)s I guess, keep seething.

This post reeks of retard

Not only that but it was already debunked at that

©ope
musicbusinessworldwide.com/sony-completes-2-3bn-acquisition-of-emi-music-publishing/

">>purely unconfirmed market speculation."
Try reading your own article first dumbass

This poster fears of reek.

Dumb groyposter

Take Two is worth somewhere between five to seven times that

Take2 is worth far more than that you stupid nigger.

I mean i think i would prefer sony to own rockstar only because i want single dlc in rdr 2 and gta 5 instead of pure multiplayer shit

because of this rumor, I imagine some big shareholder started it because he wanted to sell stock

Xfags somehow think that RDR2 is "their" game. They lost halo. Lmao

That shit can happen yeah.

This. Sony is one of the only game companies that still like making single player games.

I'm sure Sony wants to buy Take Two. I bet some retard journos decided to take someone's wishful thinking and present it as fact.
Take Two has always stood hard against selling to anyone.

Confirmed fake rumor. Go home folks.

Sony always win.

You will never have Rockstar all to yourself. Shows how fucking selfish Sony players are.

Attached: scot tennerman.jpg (640x480, 134K)

Isn't that illegal though?

Attached: 44f.png (3542x3270, 258K)

Based, RDR2fags still SEETHING after God of CHAD beat them for GOTY.

Attached: 1542980929795.gif (480x270, 2.79M)

OPEN BORDERS BROS
GAMING IS ALREADY GREAT

This post reeks of fear

Attached: smug 2.png (770x648, 418K)

>How would you react
I would be angry that I'd have to deal with Sony shitposting on this shitty fucking board reaching nuclear status. I hated GTA V, it was not a fun game, though I loved GTA IV. Rockstar is never going to make a GTA IV again. And I own RDR on my PS3. It's not as good as people make it out to be. Until Rockstar actually makes an open world game instead of a cinematic linear experience that hangs out in a big room, I won't give a fuck about them again or buy their games.

Zero chance of this happening, snoy is more likely to get bought out by Take Two.

Not if you're hillary clinton

8.8bn. Not out of reach. They have 23bn cash at hand.
Why buy Rockstar though they don't produce enough games to warrant the purchase. Buy something else or open more studios.

This, who knows when Rockstar's next game will come out, and while GTA O and possibly RD O are cash cows that probably covers a lot of operational costs for both companies given the engorged development times Rockstar is using. Sony would probably have to gut expenditure straight off the bat if they purchased them for that much to start recuperating costs.

Yeah this doesn't make sense. It takes up to 10 years for them to make a single game. Why buy a studio that takes far too long to produce a single game?

They can, at the close of trading Take Two's market cap was about $10 billion. When Sony reported their last quarterly earnings they had $13 billion in cash and $10 billion in marketable securities. They could definitely buy Take-Two but it would be an absolutely huge purchase for them.

My guess is these publishers are up to speed with regards to gamer attitudes and behaviors.
They noticed that since the third quarter of last year, gamers have become incredibly gullible and have started to mix rumor mongering with wishful thinking together.
So some wealthy investor decided to use this opportunity to get some extra cash out of his shares by spreading this rumor.

If this were metal gear solid, Sony and Rockstar might have actually formed a secret deal for next gen, for one game while they let the rumor float about.

Funny, people were saying the same shit when rumors were going around that Disney is buying Fox.

Inside trading is selling/buying based on private knowledge. Starting false rumors to mess with price stock might be illegal but it wouldn't be inside trading. Also good luck finding the guy, proving he's the one who started the rumor, that he did it to influence shares price, that the change in shares price was due to said rumor and to what extent, etc. If it's illegal some analysts like that Wall Street Journal Japanese guy might be in trouble though, since he's constantly speaking bullshit about Nintendo plans, I'm pretty sure he's negatively impacting their actions with his dumb speculations.

Fuck, that's the worst news story ever. Sony will ruin Take Two and all the devs its owns.

Remember that time Sony paid Rockstar to make an exclusive for them in the 7th gen and it's STILL "coming soon" on their website to this day?

There have been far more rumors that turned out to be false than true though.

>sink ink

Are you a kid or a squid?

Attached: New-Arrive-NFC-Tag-Cards-Customized-splatoon-Squid-Cards-Mario-Series-Full-Set-Gitfs-Kids-Toys.jpg_6 (640x640, 91K)

This. Sony is only the undisputed leader of the videogame industry, what would they know about videogames?

>Undisputed leader
>Literally has a single game (Bloodborne)
?????????????????

>unironically believing that Sony could feasibly buy Take-Two
m8s, Rockstar alone could buy Sony.

Rockstar hasn't made a good game since RDR1. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: You can't

RDR: Undead Nightmare. Checkmate, faggot.

RDR2 just shit on every ps4 exclusive this gen, so I can see why they want them

Attached: vrt2sgrezl221.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

That's still RDR1 brainlet.

>horse riding simulator
>good
Nope

>undisputed leader
Won one (1) generation, the sixth one, out of eight (8) generations. Sad!

You're right. It's not good, it's great .

Attached: pii2rjmckkc21.jpg (3840x2160, 328K)

Red Dead Redemption 2 did win GOTY though not to mention it's the highest rated game in the past 8 years lol.

Don't forget it absolutely dwarfed it in sales as well. Keep seething Basedboy

>spend 10 minutes shooting heads
>spend 30 minutes waiting for the animations to finish just to loot the corpses
I guess it could be fun to an autistic person, maybe.

I guess the episodes of liberty city are just GTA 4 lol

That's one more game than anyone else has had this gen.

You've got to be an absolute mongoloidian contrarian faggot if you're saying Redemption 1 is better. RDR2 is better in literally every way

Or people that don't have ADHD and short attention spans, but sure.

You must be a mongoloid if it takes 30 minutes to loot a few bodies. That's the beauty of open world games like this though user, you can play it at your own snail pace if you'd like.

>majority of people think the game is too slow
>hurr contrarian
Fuck off, retards.

Why are retards on Yea Forums that think sony isn't a massive company with billions of dollars? Even Disney has to play nice with them.

>wins 5th, 6th, and 8th gen consoles are only 1 gen
Based retard

>you will never be a ruthless investor making millions of dollars by spreading fake news about companies

Attached: that feel when business.jpg (1175x1115, 106K)

It would only be a good investment for Sony if they could continue making those R* games for every console. If the games become Sony exclusives then they wouldn't sell as many units and probably lose money on this deal.

One of my worst gripes with the game is the limited fast travel.

>If the games become Sony exclusives then they wouldn't sell as many units and probably lose money on this deal.
GTA exclusivity would singlehandadly win the generation for them

>>majority of people think the game is too slow
>>hurr contrarian
>Fuck off, retards.
Marjory of people are also still buying the fucking game while games like RE2 and KH3 nose dive in sales after 2-4 weeks after release. If it's truly "boring" sales would have died 3 months ago. But as it stands, people are preferring it for video game entertainment over any other retail game in 2019 so far

Ain't it funny how it happen who would ever have imagined

Attached: how.png (1091x834, 425K)

>"Debunked"

Xniggers getting scared, I see.

After their TV division fell through and the selling off of assets/trademarks like VAIO a couple years back and the assumption that the PlayStation brand was the only thing keeping them afloat I guess people still have the mindset that Sony is on the verge of bankruptcy still.

>Sony reported their last quarterly earnings
Is this just Sony's games division or the company as a whole? There's no way Sony would spend the vast majority of their warchest for just one studio for one division of the company. And earnings don't necessarily mean spendable cash -- they still need to invest money into other shit.

Christ, should've known I was talking to a shill, a retarded one who can't spell, no less.

Christ, should have known I was talking to fucking edge lord, who hates R* because of success and popularity

1 sony point has been deposited into your account

>Agent was an inside man all along

>But let's play pretend for a minute. If the announcement came through that it was actually true and R* were being added to SIE Worldwide Studios, how would you react, Yea Forums?
Indifferent. The last R* game I cared enough about to buy for more than $20 was Midnight Club 3.

I doubt they are gonna buy rockstar but they will definitely exclusives

Imagine if this was true. The pure fanboyism.
>GTA 6 wouldn't exist without siony since they paid for exclusivtivitiy

>Sony actually buying Rockstar Energy Drinks

TAKE THAT XBOX
FUCK MOUNTAIN DEW

They still are, they still earn absolutely fuck all in non playstation divisions, PS5 needs to stop looking like a massive SJW shitshow in the works if Sony wants any chance in hell of staying a large company.

Sony buying R* would be a huge gamble.

>rumor
its not even a news

Then this idea that they have capital to buy Take Two is total fucking hogwash. It'd be a pretty ballsy move though and would show they're going all in on the playstation brand.

While Playstation is an American company, Sony is still Japanese and would never approve of using their entire war chest to make a single purchase. Especially when much of the company struggles and is being saved by the amazing Playstation brand.

Also this would start a dangerous arms race, since Microsoft can easily outbid Sony with it's fuck you money.

I will post goldface everyday until i die

Unapologetic Sony fanboy here.

Sony's domestic insurance brings in more than the PlayStation division ever did.

first thought that entered my head as soon as I saw something about the stock jumping up.

What little gameplay that remains in Rockstar games would evaporate over night.

With disgust. I own consoles and wouldn't suddenly be unable to play their games, but I really do prefer the higher framerates and mouse controls of PC gaming.

would sell millions of extra consoles with gta being exclusive

They jusy bought EMI for 2.2B so the notion that only PS division is making is a total BS. While their phone division was lacking, 90% of phones today uses sony aperture for their camera.

It was debunked earlier. Move along Yea Forums. It's fucking nothing.

well.. kinda is since nobody is taking credit for the " leaks".

I'm just here to collect the salt. Its fun seeing Yea Forums play /biz/.

Sony doesn't need them God of War destroyed RDR2 in GOTY awards, their first party is already on that level.

Maybe Sony is livid that they couldn't get a metacritic score even close to Nintendo/Rockstar which is why they paid for the GOTY awards instead

>We don't need them anyway

Then why were you up in arms earlier blowing this dumb rumor out of proportion?

Came in here to call you a dumbass who has absolutely no idea how large scale acquisitions and mergers work. go back to wikipedia and stay there you absolute frothing retard

I'm just gonna assume you didn't read what you just linked, where it plainly says it's all bullshit and he never said that and never gave an interview and the stock price increase is from the pending reveal of Borderlands 3.

>misquote
>damage-control language for "clickbait shit we made it to get advertising revenue"

Well, I think Rockstar is worth a lot more than they're aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakchually worth. For example, RDR2 sold great but it was still garbage. Rockstar has hype, but not real potential. It is not a studio I'd ever invest in at the current rate. The value is grossly inflated.

Sony is going to kill Rockstar. They already want more ridiculous leftist movie shit in games and now they are going to force them to do even more bullshit against their will.