Jesus christ the voice acting in this is embarrassing

jesus christ the voice acting in this is embarrassing
which makes no sense because the original had good voice acting

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles 2.jpg (497x806, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AHH3s_wRvOw
youtu.be/PA2UbH_NnZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They hired a bunch of first timers for the lead roles.

The First games VA was done in Europe.

The second was done in the US.

What are you doing listening to the game without japanese voices anyway?

First playthrough in English for a laugh.
Second in Japanese.

>What are you doing listening to the game without japanese voices anyway?
Unless you understand Japanese its fucking pointless, you may as well just turn the audio off at this point its just gibberish

>you may as well just turn the audio off at this point its just gibberish

If I ever did that, I never would've known the characters original names or heard the tone of their voices. If you can't glean things from a language you don't fully understand then you're a pathetic excuse for a human.

>being this fucking retarded
you probably play monster hunter in english instead of Monster Hunter Language don't you?

Aren't there English subtitles? Just put on Japanese audio with English subtitles.

I was wondering when the bait thread of the day might show up. You're not entirely wrong, though. Just play with Japanese voices

*farts*

Based

it's like clockwork

Attached: wgbwrk623uh21.png (720x449, 666K)

2 was also done by NoE. Not sure how you could think otherwise when it's incredibly obvious from the accents.

>you need to understand what someone is saying to understand the tone of the scene

Sorry, insufferable weeaboo faggot, playing games in languages you don't understand because you think it makes you look more cultured does the exact opposite in reality. It makes you look like an insufferable weeaboo faggot. Again, why not just disable the voice acting altogether at that point? JRPGs don't even need voice acting in the first place.

Why though? then you have to read every line of dialogue instead of paying attention to the game.

If I have to read everything anyway why do I need to hear gibberish?

make up your mind

>muh inflections I can TOTALLY deeply understand without knowing what they're saying!
Or I could just listen to the English audio and not have to glean anything. Or justr turn it off because voice acting in games is 90% of the time bloat and unnecessary.

I wish we'd got this hairstyle for Nia

Attached: IMG_20190311_223226.jpg (4608x2176, 2.4M)

The dub's VA directors were incredibly inexperienced, the actors got almost no context for what they were recording, and the dub was done simultaneously so it would be ready for release, so they probably didn't have the same level of access to the fully voiced cutscenes from the Japanese version like they did for XB1. It kind of sounds like they just used the first takes for most lines, too.
Torna's dub was better, at least.
1 and 2 were both done in Europe, the one in the US was XBX.

The story tried so hard to make me care about Pyra at the end, but I couldn't. Pyra/Mythra are just so dull. Only good to come out of Mythra is her being bullied in Torna.

Those posts say the same thing

Listening to Jap audio when you don't understand Japanese because you think its better despite not understanding any of it just makes you look like a weeaboo faggot. If you're going to put subtitles on and have to read it anyway, why do you need to hear gibberish you don't understand? Again, it doesn't make you look cultured or mature.

Everything you’re saying is deeply insightful and has never been said before.

Left or right?

Attached: Dz5d8XSUUAEJYth orig.png (800x800, 379K)

>This weeb think nips dub are any better

I never said it was insightful or a fresh idea

Its just common sense, you retarded weeaboo faggot. Go watch Boruto and Juan Piss in Japanese, faggot.

Almost nobody's voice remotely matches the way they look, and all the ones that sorta do are boring and terrible. Then you've got everyone on your party constantly fucking screaming stupid Shonen phrases at you during combat (unless you turn that shit off immediately, thank god that you can).
One of the worst games I've ever heard. Just fucking mute the whole damn thing.

Since this is a Xeno thread I guess I'll post this here
I just got to disc 2 of Xenogears and this is worse than I imagined, its like reading a Wikipedia summary of the game's events. Does it get any better? The game went from 10/10 to 7/10 at the change of a disc.

I don't think it has anything do do with being "cultured". Most of the time the Japanese voice acting is just better, especially with emoting. This is especially the case in this game. Rex's VA can't express emotion to save his fucking life.

>Not being such a huge fucking weeb that through years of consuming Japanese media and anime acquired some basic vocabulary that let's you understand most (if not all) the dialog in a game for teens

Attached: 1551653983240.jpg (492x489, 68K)

You need to try harder

>playing with English voices
>not knowing any Japanese
What are you doing even touching the fucking game in the first place?

Attached: nekoma.jpg (462x483, 52K)

Oh but they ARE! you just don't GET IT!

I don't speak or understand Japanese at all, but you can just TELL the voice actors are better! The INFLECTIONS and TONE are just SOOOOOO much better, I can just TELL!

The only good VAs were Poppi and Pandoria.

You need to learn Japanese, you stupid weeaboo faggot.

>NORMIES STAY AWAY FROM MY SOPHISTICATED CHINESE WAIFU GAEM REEEEEEEEE-

Does it even matter?

The actual story and lines are the same completely braindead autismo garbage, and the quality of the delivery only ever made it slightly less obnoxious.

Why would I play XBC for Jap voices?

Yes you're very cool, now fuck off.

Attached: 1552387365335.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

cope

Oh shut the fuck up. "I WOULD'VE NEVER KNOWN THE CHARACTERS ORIGINAL NAMES OMG" you don't know the fucking language so why does it matter? You could name the bitch Kelly or fucking Juanita over Homura and it would change nothing. Homura isn't an actual name BTW, so fuck the hell off with that shit. This is the most retarded shit I have ever read on this shit board, probably out of r9k pol and v this is the dumbest shit I have literally ever read.

How many threads do you guys need to go over the same topics you've discussed for 15 months now?
What is it with this game

Why are you this mad

This. I hated this game eng dubs then I downloaded nips voices. Holyshit the amount of voice they scream everytimes they battle makes me turn back the voice to english. I can't bear it, I rather hear something I can understand than hearing alien language. Literally the worst fucking game in term of sounds.

No, this is not a xeno thread, is a shitposting/bitching thread.

If only you took your dubbing job this seriously when you were actually doing it

I won't though.

I mean, I like the games very much.
The art is peppy and has variety out the wazoo, the music is extraordonary, and there's a lot to do in them.

But the characters are all bimbo mongoloids with nothing interesting going on between the ears, and the voice acting is sub-par in all the games.

Weebs are not welcome here. Leave.

Attached: weeb2.png (898x154, 42K)

Attached: 1541178338850.png (1412x1996, 2.96M)

This basically
Also a rushed release schedule that meant they likely didn’t have time for second drafts or runs

I hate reading weeb faggots' opinions and I especially hate seeing these retards use the JPN names in English. It's the most obnoxious shit I have ever bared my eyes to. Every time I see some faggot say "Hikari chan" I burst a blood vessel. I have actual scars on my knuckles from beating old monitors, so thanks for that you goddamn weeaboo faggots.

I like your attitude

Oh sorry I thought OP was a falseflag my bad

Pathetic desu

>mass replying

Attached: wtf.jpg (500x500, 18K)

imagine being this unironically autistic

go cry in a DMCV thread

>no core crystal

>having legitimate criticism is shitposting

Why are XB2 fanboys so fucking overly defensive?

Is a falseflag to summon shitposting and bitching, OP obviously hates xbc2 and only wants to shit on it.

>desu
Fuck off weeb. Even if you were trying to write tbqhwyf you're still a nigger weeb faggot

The most disappointing thing is that I know NoA has done much better than Xenoblade 2 and BotW. BotW in particular was a total hack job. Unacceptably amateur and I doubt anyone responsible for it was held accountable.

>getting this mad because some people would rather call characters by the names their Japanese creators gave them instead of the names westcucks gave then.

Attached: ugh.jpg (400x286, 41K)

desu

No, Gears is absolutely terrible.

Xenoblade 2 isn't NoA.

>OP obviously hates xbc2 and only wants to shit on it

Oh fuck off you baby. A lot of people who like the game agree the English VAs are terrible.

>play weeb game
>burst blood vessels trying to damage control that you aren't a weeb
jej

OP here. I don't hate 2 at all. Where in my post did I say that? I just said the English VA is embarrassingly bad. Stop making the fanbase look like victim-complex retards.

Attached: DlgtQQ2X0AA-XKB.jpg (1024x576, 140K)

>record the worst warcry in history
>re-use it twice FUCKING TWICE

youtu.be/AHH3s_wRvOw

What does weeb even mean?
Weeaboo meant someone who though Japanese culture was superior to their own, and wanted to be Japanese. Is weeb just anything remotely Japanese?

Yeah, like the shitloads of bitching threads which started with a bait topic and the exact same box art pic everytime, lying faggot.

>2017
lmao

how fucking rushed was the recording of the dub that they needed to fucking copy and paste a yell instead of just having the guy do it three times
it's not like rex's VA can't do better, he manages a few okay yells towards the end of the game

It's either that or waifushit. At least these threads have discussion.

>he manages a few okay yells towards the end of the game

Not at all. They're all pissweak. Especially compared to Shulk.

It's meaningless

youtu.be/PA2UbH_NnZs

god you're stupid. nothing in my post said anything about playing a game in japanese you enormous faggot, and Monster hunter isn't a JRPG either.

I'm in chapter 8, is this gonna happen?

I'M STILL IN A DREAM
BLADE EATER

Attached: 1550951722756.jpg (663x1200, 639K)

I wonder if people who make this argument are just ludicrously slow readers. Sure, I know Nip and don't always read the subs, but still, I've read and watched lots of subbed things before I did learn and it was no problem. Even when I'm playing a game in English I still focus on the subtitles.

Why is Aegaeon so autistic?

u mad

Yeah, it's just a derogatory term for things that smell vaguely of Japan by now.

this
the problem is that it has too many westified terms in the subtitle, which causes me a trouble synchronizing with what they're saying
hikari, homura, tengoku, etc are fine since I already heard them
preator, indol, brighid, etc make me wanna kill myself

They should've been the protagonists. Rex and Oyra/Mythra are absolutely insufferable. Not just in terms of voice acting, but their designs and ""personalities"".

That's dumb.

I want to fuck Pandy

>he fell for the "British dubs are good" meme

They were in the first game.

Exactly how risky are core crystals supposed to be? That guy in Gormott fucking died, but Mor Ardain's perfectly fine with letting their child emperors resonate with Blades. It can't be that bad, then?

If I'm being forced to use English voices, I'd take a shitty Brit dub over the usual suspects in American JRPG dubbing any day.

XB2 is one of the few games I went out of my way to turn on Japanese voices for in recent memory.
The couple of pretty good voices don't outweigh how fucking awful most of it is. Shame, since XB1's dub is GOAT and XBX's was perfectly passable.

The dub for FE Echoes completely shits on NoE's garbage.

the goat jrpg dubs are dragon quest

Do those even count when mainline DQ didn't get a Japanese dub until the Switch version of 11?

lmao

>implying Pyra would stoop to fucking a nigger

sure, why does the japanese version matter for this purpose

It's not a dub if it's not replacing anything

I was playing Torna, Mythra's core rejected a prince but he didn't die...even Tora tries but he ends up fine. Might be a dramatic effect.

pretend i said "english voice work" then

Maybe it's genetic

I don't think it is, since Hugo's older brother couldn't resonate and Hugo could (which is why he became emperor instead).

>not playing the entire thing in japanese

why on earth would you do that when the dub is comedy gold