I love this game but what the FUCK were the devs thinking with shit like this?

i love this game but what the FUCK were the devs thinking with shit like this?

Attached: image.gif (266x263, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw5tHvnUu7k
youtu.be/BYS0w5quvxM
youtu.be/aZaSgnYLceQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=le1F_40kwvI&index=35&list=PLokgZj2u2Z1_wa19tHIF2PHQDh6kAKLsA
youtube.com/watch?v=rOdy53FHGWs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8q5KzpRLhXc
youtube.com/watch?v=9XTLG4_Om7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my bad. gif broke.

Attached: image.gif (266x263, 2.79M)

actually a really well hidden secret

They just wanted to make an obtuse game. It was fun though getting lost and discovering a secret area.

its a cool secret , but obscure mlg stuff like this is mandatory to get the true ending which i think was a bad call in a kids game

Stuff like this is what made this game so amazing as a kid. It's one of my favorites. I never saw the true ending. I thought it was awesome trying to collect the Dragon parts for Multiplayer.

thats my only grip with it, the gold cards were in autisticly obscure places at times. it shouldnt have gotten in the way of the true ending. id have swapped some of the gold card locations with custom mtiplayer parts to
keep the secrets but have the ending be seen by more people.

i think the hidden stuff adds to experience by a huge margin, it made the game an obsession for me as a kid. i just think the priorities of where to find certain things was messed up at times.

OP is a faggot. I became obsessed with finding all the secrets in this game because I wanted to find all the customization pieces for the battle mode.

Shit was cash.

>HURRY UP!!!
>mfw
Always was fun to play with my cousins during a family party.

Attached: hqdefault (10).jpg (480x360, 22K)

i liked that part too dont get me wrong. the customization hunt added twice as much replayability to the game.
my issue is a lot of the custom parts were easier to find than the gold cards,
and thats why like 20 percent of the players got to see the last world. i just wish they swapped some
of the placements between cards and parts.

my custom character i made was a bootleg orion

I think it's more the fact the game doesn't really teach you or approach bomb jumping at all. IIRC they don't show you anything like it until some of the demo stuff in the credits.

yeah i got flustered and forgot to mention that before posting. the concept of it is great but i spent hours doing it as a kid through trial and error to only mixed results. bomberman hero was bizarre to play after, because of the floaty moon jumping obviously. loved both games though.

Only on hard mode. In normal mode there's only a costume piece up there

>building with open window and staircase

This is level 3 of blue resort. At this point of the game you should already know how to do this trick. If you don't you can try jumping of the staircase.

Nah, it's level 1. Level 3 didn't have any buildings with collectibles. I actually don't think 3 had any of these buildings period.

you can go behind the building and see the gold card. It should give you a clue that you can enter the building through the open window.

My favorite game of all time, hope you don't mind if I dump these here

Attached: 1422382601201.jpg (1280x1666, 798K)

anyone have the soundtrack of this game?

Orion was cool. Felt bad when you have to kill him in the big robot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw5tHvnUu7k

Attached: 1422382684710.jpg (1280x1668, 825K)

>bomberman hero was bizarre to play after, because of the floaty moon jumping obviously. loved both games though.

It's funny I remember as a kid playing 64 and thinking bomb jumping was obtuse and weird as fuck. I ended up learning that shit though and I even got the gold armor set. Then Bomberman Hero came around with normal jumping and no bomb shenanigans. I felt oddly disappointed.

All three of the Bombermans for 64 we got though our some of my favorite games though.

Altair and regulus had the coolest moves in the entire game

Attached: 1422382760917.jpg (1280x1669, 798K)

all 3 of those games were very good and unique but I could never finish the second attack for some reason.

Attached: 1422382834134.jpg (1280x1670, 755K)

Should I keep posting these? seems no one wants them.

Attached: 1422382933325.jpg (1280x1678, 849K)

I want them

>ready
>slices your face up

Attached: hqdefault (11).jpg (480x360, 23K)

They figured they could create a huge amount of shit the players would have a hard time finding that allowed for a large amount of exploration and replayability. Also, god I hate there wasn't a 3rd one made on 3ds like planned.

Alright just for you senpai

Attached: 1422383018161.jpg (1280x1681, 815K)

the bm64 era rendered art is really unique looking

I couldn't figure any of this shit out as a kid.

I let a friend borrow it and his big bro gave it back to me all completed. I was blown away. Hehe

Regulus got even more dope in 2 desu. My favorite

that is fucking god damn crazy

Bomberman hero was way better, as a kid I could get all of the things, max the score, everything. Bomberman 64 was way too fucking cryptic, and iwthout the internet god damn is it impossible to get all the gold cards fuck.

Some of the armor parts for costumes are behind straightup invisible fucking walls. I remember stumbling into one god damn.

So this is what most people's Bomberman looked like right?

Attached: hqdefault (12).jpg (480x360, 17K)

Plz continue

Never finished the second attack, what does he do there?

Attached: 1422383105805.jpg (1280x1649, 845K)

Damnit, I'm a pleb. I'm visiting my family in a month and reving this bad boi up.

I saw shit and I never new how to do it. Theres one across a river I remember spending days trying to figure out.

He returns and gets this blackhole bomb type that instakills everything, even you if you get to close when you use it

youtu.be/BYS0w5quvxM

>kicking bombs his way
>his

Artemis confirmed for tranny.

Wish there was Netplay

I didn't even find out there was a 6th world until like 10 years after playing the game. I just assumed Altair was the final boss.

What's even worse, once you get to the 6th world, it's a bitch to get anywhere unless you are a god at bomb bouncing

yeah same here. it always baffled me a game so good and so short locked away its most interesting world behind a collectathon gimmic, when the base game can be beat in a single sitting if you really wanted to.

i did suspect that it existed from the post game credits, but unless you see t on the internet or get all the cards you never really know if its worth bothering with. i think i got stuck at 90 some odd cards and just gave up.

A shame this is the last one, seems they didn't cover all the worlds or the dump was incomplete from the start.
Gonna go play it right now!

Attached: 1422383185397.jpg (1280x1684, 897K)

The article says it's only covering 3 worlds

Attached: 1502779873310.jpg (1036x1242, 524K)

Oh sorry the last time I read it was years ago when it was first dumped.

Attached: 1502779709741.jpg (1130x1201, 555K)

This was the third game I ever owned.

How the FUCK is a 7 year old supposed to figure this out???

Attached: 1502779939090.png (1136x1277, 1.91M)

Attached: 1502780005052.png (1162x1274, 1.4M)

It's definitely worth a play. I used to rent it every weekend when Blockbuster was a thing. Eventually ended up buying it. It has like 3 completely different endings if iirc. Got all of them, it was a blast.

Attached: 1502780162257.png (940x1237, 1.66M)

What is the order to play the 64 games? Going to emulate them soon

I always heard it was 64, Hero, Second Attack. Pommy supposedly comes from a planet in Hero, but unsure. Just make sure you play 64 before Second Attack because they are directly connected.

Play 64, then second attack. You can play hero before, during, or after those two; it's a totally unrelated game. Hero plays like normal action platformer

Is it more fun to play with a second player as pommy? I never liked that it seemed to be better played as a coop game.

Not really. It honestly makes it worse to me. Pommys AI is pretty decent and gravitates toward attacking enemies. Having a second player play pommy mainly just makes him less useful imo. But it depends on who plays him I guess.

yeah, play hero and skip the other two because they suck.
you're thinking of louie. hero is on a different timeline from 64 and Attack.

there are many ways to get there with the bouncing on bombs strategy
Bomberman 64 was amazing anyway

Not really, you need to farm if you want pommy to be able to do damage instead of just stunning and he's not usable during boss battles and the final room of each level, so player 2 spends a decent amount of time doing nothing.

I'm not thinking of Louie, it was just something I read like over a decade ago. I guess it's not really formally explained where he comes from then

>yeah, play hero and skip the other two because they suck.
bait!

Attached: 1551744140857.jpg (640x559, 23K)

7year old me figured it out
Maybe you’re just dumb

I consider Pommy the perfect ‘little sister mode’. Good for someone who wants to tag along and not bother getting good. Knocking enemies out is useful near the start and Pommy can’t take real damage or die like Bomberman. My friends always wanted to play as him cause they could charge in without real consequence. Suited me just fine cause Bomberman is way more fun.

In the booklet it said Bomberman was vacationing on a hot springs planet after 64 as a vacation, found a weird egg there and took it with him.

Apparently egg form is just how Pommy naps, so there isn’t really an ‘origin’ but that’s where Bomberman and him met.

>we're never getting another comfy action adventure single player Bomberman game with an overarching narrative ever again

Please kill me.

Attached: Bomberman_Hero_(J).jpg (195x195, 18K)

There was apparently gonna be a third ‘64’ game under a different name, to follow up second attack on 3ds.

Got cancelled though. Some kind of business/publishing issue.

My disappointment cannot be overstated.

I hope these guys get brought to R one day

Bomberman 64's multi is the best. Picking up people and chucking them, and pumping bombs to bounce off people's heads was just so much fun.

Bitch you know it

Attached: 1523530031340.png (720x624, 475K)

Now that the IP is in the hands of Jewnami and all they give a shit about is the multiplayer aspect for that DLC money raking it in and the crapshoot that was the Super Bomberman R story mode (Literally Bomberman DS tier but somehow even worse) we are never getting another game like 64/Second Attack/Hero/Generations/Jetters.

Maybe if they try to make an anime again and turn it into a "media franchise" like the hacks at Level-5 we can get another one? Maybe? Sounds like a monkey paw wish here but I see no other alternative.

There is that thing called using your brains, trying things until it works.

>Konami now owns the IP

Attached: EA-White_Bomber-ep1.png (471x351, 143K)

Louies are the kangaroos from the 2d games.

And Hero is worst of the bunch for 64. Still ok in the 64 library.

Second Attack’s was even better. More maps, more modes, secret code to play as cpu characters, and fucking insane stage hazards. Got incredibly chaotic. Only downside is that you don’t start matches with the kick and throw powers, you have to find them like in the old games.

I am absolutely fine with never getting another game like Jetters

hero felt rushed in a lot of ways they didn't even include a multiplayer mode. it's not bomberman if you can't blow up your friends.

2nd attack was the best of the trilogy overrall

>tfw finding out that sirius isn't a cool protoman-type ally and is actually a massive villainous dick

Attached: 1455518335620.jpg (1095x1195, 269K)

Hey guys, what's going on in this tread?

Attached: 1537618357771.jpg (139x103, 4K)

Nothing much, just bomber, man.
youtu.be/aZaSgnYLceQ

Does anyone have the link to the games archive so I can download the Rom? I no longer have it bookmarked

Attached: F9836D05-C641-4BD9-8E8A-6E400B8D4C73.jpg (138x102, 4K)

Someone remind me
Did Altair scream when he died?

learning the 3 bomb jump setup recently made things way easier. wish I'd known it as a kid

I didn't have any friends back then so no multi didn't detract from it

I'm 30 and I still don't have any friends, plus I'm a kissless virgin. I don't care though, as long as I have Yea Forums and my video games I'll be happy until I die

I don't like that Second Attack brought back cross blasts. It doesn't make sense when you can move diagonally at any time.

I want to fuck Shout

All three games are different enough and good at their own thing. There isn’t a best.

TSA is my favorite tho

m.youtube.com/watch?v=le1F_40kwvI&index=35&list=PLokgZj2u2Z1_wa19tHIF2PHQDh6kAKLsA

>All this Second Attack talk
Why is it so expensive, bros?

It takes a bit more set up but there are ways to make it work. Plus big bombs are still circular explosions.

I do wish there’s been a way to use the elemental bombs though, if there’d been ice bombs in multiplayer your issue wouldn’t be an issue

I think I might want a multiplayer focused 64 style game even more than a new singleplayer adventure focused one. The grid based multiplayer ones are totally different and don’t scratch the same itch.

yeah. It was a generic "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" and it was a very graphic DBZ dissolving death.

Shipped very few copies.

Limited production for whatever reason. Not a whole lot of copies out there.

I regret selling my old N64 collection but at least I’ve got an everdrive.

I think it emulates alright if you want to replay it.

That and it came out only in NA and Japan. Yuropoors got fucked.

Coming out in 2000 when the N64 was about to kick the bucket also didn't help.

>4K Media is in charge of marketing for bomberman now

Attached: an hero.jpg (620x435, 215K)

this soundtrack is bitchin'
so good

9000 IQ
no for kids!!
youtube.com/watch?v=rOdy53FHGWs

Attached: x1080-BGt.jpg (1440x1080, 219K)

I have no idea, it was a bizarre game for all its weird niche mechanics and their uses. I haven't played it in the most of two decades now, should I give it a new visit?

When in doubt, always continue posting. Contrarianfags who bitch and moan are noisier than the silent watchers and enjoyers, of which there are always many.

I always wondered why they called this a resort

Attached: 3AF2A484-6F15-411D-AAE3-1017127F6C5B.png (422x494, 229K)

I will never not be sad about this. I desperately want another 3D bomberman in the same vein as 64/TSA/Generations/Jetters.

Attached: Bomberman_3DS_CANCELED.jpg (320x192, 26K)

Doubt it.

Second attack was dark as shit, as I kid I was always of scared of how destructive gravity bombs were.

It was basically a jrpg plot about power rangers vs the bible, in space and also starring Bomberman.

We shall never see its like again.

At this point it just seems kinda goofy to me but when I was 8 playing this game the story seemed like the peak of all arts and nothing could ever get me as hyped. I’ll always appreciate it for that.

Yeah give the normal route/ending a try. If you really like it then there's always the true ending stuff.

>start the game breaking out of prison, barely getting by against mostly unarmed grunts with your normal little + shaped bombs
>end the game throwing exploding black holes at god

I was always really impressed that this felt like a natural progression

Agreed. It's amazing the original formula is so milked. To probably 100 games. But an amazing re-invention only has 2 games to its style.

I never understood what the hell the plot was in second attack when I was a kid.

>Gotta break out of prison
>Oh cool I can get new element bombs
>No biggie, just fighting these random elemental guardians
>Huh, whose this guy in the weird hat
>Why am I fighting a demon
>?????

Only thing that would make me buy a nintendo console is another bomberman game like 64 or even a remaster of it with updated graphics but same gameplay.

Yeah. I don’t have a switch so I didn’t play R, but it doesn’t look like it brings much if anything new to the table. It’s just regular Bomberman on switch, which is fine, but not really anything I can get excited about.

It seems like every system gets what is essentially an updated port of classic grid Bomberman. Which again is fine, but not for me when I’ve got what is essentially the same game already.

Hopefully they’ll find the balance with something new that feels like an expansion of the old formula, instead of just the same again or so different it may as well not be Bomberman.

Not counting on it but you never know.

In a way that sounds like more fun than knowing whats going on.

When I was a kid I was convinced there was some way to get to that underwater city and spent hours trying to find it. The characters even talk about how there must be treasure down there and wonder how to get to it, so the game sets it up to look like some kind of puzzle.

Yea I agree, I'm ironically hoping for a Bombergirl port.
It's dumb but at least it tried something new gameplay wise and it seemed fun

The score formula from there is on the free DLC they added

This thread makes me a little sad. From remembering how much I liked 64 and the whole series in general, to realizing there probably won't be anymore bombermans.

Neat, did they also bring maps that are bigger than 20x15?

>Bombergirl

God damn it I forgot this was a thing

Well I’m not a fan of the looks but what did it do that was new?

Bomberman land touch was pretty good, I liked it the mix of minigames collection with adventure.
I miss bomberman in general, it's sad how it disappeared as a franchise with creative spinoffs.

Attached: 61A-wXC4UmL.jpg (500x447, 71K)

If I remember right it's a team deathmatch where you attack the other team's base.
The main difference is that the map is a lot bigger than regular multiplayer and they brought back character abilities

Yep + guys like contra, castlevania and metal gear characters

This is cool and the type of shit a modern game would never do

Damn, I'm getting exited now, they really did a good job at patching it so it's more than a port of bomberman live

This game was so confusing but it’s soundtrack was so fucking comfy

Attached: 1E9BB9C8-F11D-4770-A2FF-F730AF37B152.jpg (256x256, 21K)

You weren't, we didn't have the internet back then that we do now so Nintendo and everyone else expected you, damn near required you, to buy Strategy Guides and Magazines

Honestly surprised they still make physical strategy guides when all this crap is figured out and mastered on the first day and then uploaded on youtube

This is a complete fucking lie since 10 year old me did all this and 100% the game without any guides.
Nintendo required you to play the game, explore and figure stuff out on your own like the one who wrote the guide did.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8q5KzpRLhXc

I’m not exactly enthusiastic about the gameplay, but like you said it’s at least an attempt to do something new.

Great, you figured it out after absurd levels of trial and error. 99% of the kids playing these games did not because nowhere was it expected for you to toss a bomb up onto yourself, get knocked back into another bomb you set just a nanosecond earlier and have that collision knock you into a window all in a game that had no jumping and one hit deaths

>nowhere was it expected for you to toss a bomb up onto yourself, get knocked back into another bomb you set just a nanosecond earlier and have that collision knock you into a window all in a game that had no jumping and one hit deaths

They actually asked you to use that trick a lot if you wanted to find secrets.

It’s a lot easier with the remote control.

I remember the commercial selling the game to me before i even tried it. youtube.com/watch?v=9XTLG4_Om7c

I absolutely LOVED the game for the bomb jumps, though I never 100% the game I did beat it. Battle mode with family was great.

Allegedly his other appearances in the game after the big reveal are supposed to be robotic clones, but my younger self always thought it was the real Sirius using his power just to mess with you.
I was sad when I put two and two together, I love villains who go out of their way to be douchebags to the player rather than sit in their lair doing nothing.

Attached: evilsirious.jpg (1200x903, 233K)

>you figured it out after absurd levels of trial and error.
This is my favorite game so I didn't see it as such I was just enjoying myself.
Actually if you played through the first level which is the temple you would see that many areas are inaccessible until you learn to bomb jump and there are many ways to make that jump you saw in the .gif, I for instance placed many bombs on the ground and used the stairs you see there to jump all the way into the window as a 10 year old.

>used the stairs you see there to jump all the way into the window
Goddamn, so did I. OP's trick is fancy but completely unintuitive.

Attached: 1552191490257.gif (384x304, 593K)

.....I used a gameshark to unlock rainbow palace...so i never saw the sirius altair cutscene, so i had no understanding why he was being so passive agressive and was suddenly a enemy until i beat rainbow palace. Even then i still had to watch the cutscene i missed on youtube like a pleb.

When you've been placing bombs for hours and you get that jump just right.

Attached: 1434811054623.jpg (612x612, 163K)

>don't have the remote bomb powerup
>no chance of getting some gold cards
>have to reset the stage and scavenge for one just to backtrack and perform increasingly wildly obscure maneuvers
yeah, no

those flying shits kept blowing up my attempts at getting across to the button, for like a half hour.

When I see this modern gaming approach to such an old game I realize that those were really different times

There are some stairs just next to there where you can set up a line of bombs and bounce on top of
You just dumb

But item blocks respawn when changing areas and remote bomb power ups always respawn in their designated block
Stop being dumb