Can anything realistically dethrone this as GOTY?

Can anything realistically dethrone this as GOTY?

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-pc-get-cheap-cd-key_5_.jpg (500x706, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KaFXQLJfelM
youtu.be/zOMCOCpX3ms?t=1m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=pupdeq1MoVw
youtu.be/2cqTDLPO0KU
youtu.be/v6lPt78u_UA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sekiro can and will

Sekiro

yeah KH3 already did

top jej

lol cry

KH3 already did, user. Sorry about that.

Attached: SoraRikuMarriage.jpg (787x866, 311K)

/thread
Cope.

Attached: Kingdom Hearts 3 - Keyblade Switching.webm (1280x720, 3M)

>454374238
>454374474
>454374672
>454374806
>Its a barry samefag falseflag

Only Boomerlord could.

RE2make was better, and Sekiro can potentially be better too.

Nothing in the next 10 years will dethrone it

Sekiro already did lmao

Attached: BC56A092-7AE2-40AC-97A0-73EECC004D92.jpg (710x548, 77K)

This.

Sekiro maybe, probably not. KH fuck no

I had plenty of fun with KH3, but that webm demonstrates why it's inferior to DMC5. Just look at the way Sora slides towards enemies. You don't have to care about spacing at all. The satisfaction comes from seeing the screen light up rather than doing something cool yourself.

spamming the same thread won't make the game goty?

Ghost of Tsushima

I don't think so.
KH3 was okay, RE2make was very good, Sekiro will probably be good, hopefully the Cuphead DLC is coming, hopefully Hollow Knight Silksong is coming, etc, but DMC5 is simply on another level.

You analyzed that webm wrong. Sora is able to perfectly execute attacks on enemies without positioning, but you can position yourself to execute different attacks. Such as with BB you can jump above the enemy and attack, you'll do a smackdown move. Or if you deliberately position yourself in between many enemies, you will specifically do a wide area attack. It's faster than DMC5 too.

DMCfags just become the most annoying fanbase of Yea Forums. You guys surpassed Kingdom Hearts, Switch, God of War, Metal Gear Solid(and Kojimafags), console wars/pcmaster race, etc... Congratulations.

Remake 2 is better

Only kinda good contender i see is Sekiro, let's see how that turns out. if the last of lesbians jew comes out this year, it's obvious (((they))) will make that movie win Goty

The Last of Us II already won every award & isn't even released yet, nothing can stop it from dominating the awards

>Makes more money = Best
So Fortnite must be the best game ever made going by the money made via microtransactions

Attached: 1552236049235.gif (550x340, 2.9M)

Agreed, but mostly they stay in their containment thread which will die off soon.

This.

You have seen nothing, wait until we reveal your Sin form

It never had a chance

Attached: 1550198595042.jpg (687x684, 80K)

Fortnite won a lot of awards. It won best multiplayer game two years in a row I think.
So your point is kind of shit

Persona 5

>It's faster than DMC5 too
I'm not too sure about that, while DMC5 doesn't have turbo mode I still feel like its faster than KH3. One thing that bother me about KH3 is not being able to switch keyblades as fast as Dante switches between his weapons.

No it just shows that you unironically believe that this shit means something which is baffling

DmC > DMC5.
By superficially shoplifting DmC's imagery, Itsuno thus proved the whole point DmC was making: that mainline DMC (at least, everything post-1) is a messy hodgepodge of whatever looked "cool enough" (to Itsuno first and foremost) without an once of integrity to either it, or any of its characters.

Yikes 'n' Cringe

>ounce

You can switch them fast but you have to know when the attack you're doing ends, and press the d-pad right when it ends.

>Sora is able to perfectly execute attacks on enemies without positioning, but

You lost me there.

Smashfags will always be the worst.
Just wait until the next DLC character gets revealed.

Attached: 1552449856932.png (211x244, 72K)

He described it as a con, but it's not. Being able to execute attacks like that on enemies is a good thing, and you can still position yourself for specific moves if you are a good player.

My reaction to DMC5's "characters" "'acting COOL'" exactly.
Which part of "DMC5 retroactively proves the core DmC's point" do you have difficulty understanding.

Yes.

Anno 1800.

/thread

In other words, DmC was flawed, but genuine, while DMC5 (and preceding Itsuno's entries) is fundamentally fake.

That webm is the best I've ever seen for demonstrating what "flash over substance" means, thanks user.

Flashy and substance filled.

Their souls games have scored consistently around 90. I'm pretty sure sekiro could be 90+
As for actual GOTY, reminder that TLOU 2 is releasing. It's gonna have its dick rode on until the end of time by pseuds and journos.

>DmC was flawed, but genuine

Attached: 1552254587408.webm (638x562, 2.8M)

Only BB and DaS2 (LOL) have scored >90.

Literally mashing X

You can do much more, and level 1 would destroy you if you mashed X.

It was, and it depicted a character that was, just as well, flawed, but genuine, and far more likely to become an actual leader of his own gang or movement IRL than any of paper-thin DMC5-poseurs.

>PS2 Devil May Cry 1 352.668
>PS2 Devil May Cry 2 309.279
>PS3 Devil May Cry 4 212.373
>PS2 Devil May Cry 3 183.208
>PS4 Devil May Cry 5 116.202
>PS3 DmC: Devil May Cry 115.438

youtube.com/watch?v=KaFXQLJfelM

You don't even have to smash X desu

>Games sales for a game not even out the full week

In other words, DmC depicts a natural leader, while DMCs depict henchmen at best, walking caricatures at worst.

epic

tlou 2 will and Yea Forums will implode as usual

RE2 is legit the GOTY

Cope.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.53.18 AM.png (1562x230, 42K)

Except when it was about DMC5 potentially outselling DMC remake but as soon as DMC5 sales poorly sales dont matter.

SEKIRO WILL ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THIS IN METACRITIC

Screenshot this post.

Attached: 31._Wittgenstein,_1925.jpg (220x340, 20K)

so far

But on level 1 you can't do that or you will get killed.

fpbp

Attached: 1552242320493.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

based

>He thinks DmC is well written or deep
youtu.be/zOMCOCpX3ms?t=1m24s

Attached: 1522895663328.jpg (230x207, 10K)

Not even a DMC fan can deny the TGA will just get on its knees to suck TLOU2's dick (or vagina now) as it sweeps all the categories it will be nominated for. You can only hope DMC5 wins GOTY in some other smaller event that won't bow down to TLOU2.

It's sad that you have to bring up a shitty and unbalanced "difficulty mode" to be able to say that mashing X won't work.

KH is a shit game and always has been. It's repetitive and shallow as fuck. The only reason it exists is autism and a nice presentation.

what in the fuck

TLOU2 isn't coming out this year.

That looks really bad. Is that what you think DMC V is like?

You don't know anything. That is not an unbalanced difficulty at all. It's a real challenge that is deliberately placed in the games for people who actually want to understand the combat system and get more out of it.

People who dislike KH have garbage taste. KH2FM is still hailed as the greatest action RPG ever made and nothing comes close to the fluidity and balanced gameplay of it. KH3 is different, but it's still fantastic.

>People who dislike KH have garbage taste.

Attached: Kingdom Hearts 3 do nothing to win.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

I wonder whos behind this post

Pretty sure some retailers are saying otherwise.

On level 1 you'd get destroyed though. And you can't do that on any other boss. The AI is very good, and those battles were designed so that Org members would focus on the other members as well, so it's not a clusterfuck.

>KH2FM is still hailed as the greatest action RPG ever made

Attached: Kingdom Hearts 3 vs FFXV Combat.webm (640x720, 2.97M)

as someone who likes dmc, there is no chance for for dmc5 to get goty. it has no mainstream appeal

>No mainstream appeal
>Has already sold millions of copies

> Feudal japan
N(i)o(h).

Most people don't appreciate cheese. Some shit that makes losers cry will probably win.

>FFXV
>good combat
>greatest action RPG ever made
>Good FF
How delusional, if anything all the webm shows is that KH and FF has a lot of flash over substance

>FFXV
>Bad combat
Git gud.

Attached: God Tier FFXV Combat.webm (700x392, 2.89M)

>That looks flashy
>That must mean it has no substance
Brainlets like you really have to try hard to hate things don't they

DMC5 is not mature and unfun enough to win GOTY.

How the fuck is Kingdom Hearts even seriously brought up in a thread about good games? LMAO that shit was so fucking terrible
>convoluted story intended for 9 years
>mash one button again and again
>cutscenes during battle for disneyworld rides bullshit
> MUH DARKNESS
only trannies and man babies like that shit game

even if dmc 5 sold 3 million copies. that is nothing compare to the most popular games out there

absolutely based

Attached: ff15 x DMC.webm (1178x332, 2.85M)

>17 year conclusion
>ends on sequel bait while heavily advertising a gacha
>forced happy endings for all at the detriment of the plot
>things just happen with no explanation or reason
>dropped plot points
>no FF characters despite them being important since KH1
>no stakes, most villains just become good guys
>constantly recapping the story throughout the game
>terrible worlds with nothing to offer that you explore for no reason
>most worlds are just gimmicky and soulless recaps
>13 year wait
>tons of bugs, cut content, visual errors, unreal 4 engine, reused bosses, a bunch of shitty remixes, final boss doesn’t even have a unique theme, messy loops and songs, you only hear the Scala theme for a few seconds, terrible box art, pointless extra playable characters, broken gameplay (Roxas, Ultima, Grandmagic, etc), shit story and forced unnatural dialogue, flashy zero substance combat, withholding content to release it as DLC, and overall a rushed experience
>less content than PS2, PSP, and DS games
>Fans and critics agree it didn’t live up to the hype
>Most outlets that wrote negative reviews didn’t give a score
>Foreign paid shills reviewing the game as perfect
>Even with the critic score being inflated on PS4 it’s at best a mediocre game
>Lowest user score out of any KH title released to date
>Critically reviewed lower than KH1, KH2, and BBS
>Reached lows of 78 critically and 6.9 user score
>Not a good KH game, let alone a good game

Attached: 1552242320493.png (1280x672, 384K)

see KH is the biggest casual filter on the planet. Git Gud.

DMC5 hasn't sold poorly though? It's already outsold RE2make on opening weekend. It's already outsold the lifetime sales of Donte's game less than 4 days after launch.

REmake 2 was also a huge flop.

Attached: Capcom failure.png (2776x1776, 2.26M)

*on PC, the third-class citizens of the game world

It didn't unless you believe that website that had no source and just pulled the data out of his ass.

Based.

>Barry posts

Is it just me or do the swords in DMC4&5 feel really weak. In DMC1&3 when you hit an enemy it made that crunch sound and sand would fly everywhere that shit was satisfying. but with DMC4&5 it feels like I've barely touched them.

Imagine how pathetic the individual who made this image looks like.

>Barry and his autistic peers probably had a slew of crying Dante Wojacks ready to go for the slightest lapse in dmc5's success.

Is that supposed to be fun and good?

Who is Barry?

Probably not. The only game left this year I care about as much is 13 Sentinels.

Attached: 『十三機兵防衛圏』公式サイト.mp4_snapshot_00.07_[2019.01.10_14.02.51].jpg (1280x720, 596K)

likely just looks like you dummy bitch

I don't find the 2019 equivalent of rage face comics amusing so I doubt it.

A resident autist that runs around to all the video game boards, and forums to put down anything that isn't FFXV. Call him a boogeyman if you like oh, but he's been proven by several communities to be doing just that.

Barry is XV-kun, an autist obsessed with FFXV who goes out of his way to shitpost and falseflag as people from KH and DMC to try to turn the fanbases on each other then attempts to subtly shill XV into it.

He's not limited to vidya boards.

Attached: XV-kun visits tv.jpg (590x157, 35K)

Depends if it gets Thomas The Tank Engine mod or not.

Attached: Mr.x_thumb.jpg (1200x630, 85K)

>these are the kind of people that plays video games as a hobby.

i should really get more hobbies

If by that you mean it filters all the casuals to a children's game then yes I agree.

God damn! I hope he gets paid for all this hard work.

this post is literally nothing but STOP HAVING FUN

fucking kill yourself and let people enjoy their game

Hollow Knight Silksong

Cringe and toddlerpilled

It filters out the casuals, yes. People who don't like KH are casuals.

Depends what we get this year,
but realistically, all it takes is just Sekiro

the thing with GOTY is, that it tends to be one of the last good games released before the awards because the ones that came too early just fade out of popularity thanks to new, fresh experiences that the judges and voters remember more favorably in their recent memory

KH3 fucking blows

You guys being upset as a community over some made up retard is making me want to play FFXV more than one person ever could

Cope harder

>replaces all fury enemies

Barry isn't a made up retard you dumb newfag.

Careful lad, sounds like the darkness is getting to you.

Can you imagine getting annoyed a thread about a video game, in the midst of all the political bait, e-celeb, and waifu threads?

>made up
See pic related
>making me want to play FFXV more than one person ever could
Go ahead retard don't say people didn't warn you about hoe awful it is.

Attached: XV_barry_the_Unending_Autism.jpg (3800x2000, 1.18M)

how can sekiro be better?

is this really all there is to Sekiro's gameplay? I'm not shitting on it or anything since I'm sure I will get it and have fun with it,but posting the same webm to somehow "prove" something that we know so little about is strange
do we know how it'll preform? will it be capped to 30FPs? how many other arm extensions are there? and how will this "skill tree" work?

youtube.com/watch?v=pupdeq1MoVw

God of War was released in April last year and won most GotY awards of the year, but yeah, usually early games get fucked, which is why it’s a good strategy to release dlc near the end of the year

That's last year was very uneventful for vidya.

What is this image supposed to prove? It just seems like a lot of autism

LOL! Okay, go play FFXV. I did. You want a magnet link for the royal edition?

>Posts a cluttered mess of screen caps
>"L-Look everybody! PROOF!"

Attached: LybSUvn.jpg (399x556, 75K)

MH World, RDR2, God of War and Spider-Man were uneventful, ok

DMC5 will be my favorite game this year and probably for several years, but it absolutely will not win GOTY. Outside of a single 10-ish hour playthrough on Easy/Devil Hunter, it expects the player to commit and learn to really play it. Mass audiences don't care for games like that. They'll play through once and see the story and think "man those fight cutscenes were pretty cool but who are these characters and what is going on, this is gay, why does that guy have long hair and angel wing fists now" and they can get a much more engaging story experience from something like TLOU2 for the same time investment and far less commitment to getting the hang of its gameplay.

Imagine being so fucking new to this website you dont know about Barry and his autism. This is like saying barneyfag doesn't exist.

What's in the royal edition? :)

hey is that witcher shit and assassins creed event still happening for monster hunter?

You just proved my point, over the course of an entire year we got 4 worthwhile games. Compare that to 2017, 2007 or 1998.

> DmC cucks still coping

Attached: 1551889589067.png (321x264, 94K)

Sekiro looks like ass

The RPG elements are the best part of the Souls games and are the reason they're so beloved and have so much replay value. Take that out and you have... Awkward stiff combat

The DLC that didn't get cancelled.

>>no FF characters despite them being important since KH1
this is what I hated the most
It's an okay game on it's own, but not having the FF characters there makes it feel so empty, as if half of the game was missing.
The worst part is, FF characters have been part of the story, they have vital in the series' success, yet suddenly they just dropped them without reason.

Honestly, as far as kingdom hearts' autistic fandom goes, they'd care far less if it was the DISNEY characters that were removed instead of the FF ones, because let's be real here, not counting donald, goofy, none of them barely matter as the movies and shit are almost always restricting the freedom of the story in each world.
With FF characters, they were allowed to do practically anything.

The OC characters of KH are literally Final Fantasy -tier anyway, so FF characters would've fit the game better anyway.

In fact, I'm 100% sure that what ever the next KH will be, it will have drastically lowered the amount of disney shit and lean ever closer to being just braindead KH OC characters & lore

I know nothing about FFXV so that statement means nothing to me

If you go into Sekiro looking for a Souls experience, you're doing it wrong. It's a Souls game in the same way God of War 2018 is because you use shoulder buttons to attack.

Sekiro is far better compared to Onimusha or Tenchu.

I enjoyed RE2 more so it's goty for me so far. Sekiro has a chance to be the best for me realistically the goty this year will be tlou 2 or that asian sensation game Sony is dropping

Can someone post the image with the four game directors that has Kamiya listed as royal guard style?

>mature, gore filled zombie game sells less than a massive budget 'suitable for all ages' disney game
color me surprised

Sekiro never intended to be more Souls, Miyazaki said so and so did the team developing the game. They wanna get away from making Dark Souls over and over. Fuck off or get informed before parroting stupid shit.

Attached: 1552337490073.png (750x798, 1.25M)

I'm a huge KH fan and while I still love 3, I would be more than okay if all the Disney shit was gone. I've never cared about any of it and I find the original characters and stories much more compelling. They can't even get most of the original voice actors for the Disney characters and it just comes off feeling cheap and lazy. It's as if the developers just rehash Disney stories for 75% of the game so they don't have to write anything original

Thanks user.

> UK

Attached: 1552504796340.jpg (750x750, 108K)

>Has Souls combat
>Has Souls resurrection mechanic
>Has Souls difficulty
>Has Souls world design

>"N-NOT A SOULS GAME, RETARD!!!!"

Yeah, okay buddy.

Attached: 1551994906646.gif (205x210, 221K)

>Finally found that song for Vs mission 14
youtu.be/2cqTDLPO0KU

Attached: 1552344505784.png (1024x576, 531K)

>Has Souls combat
Wrong.
>Has Souls resurrection mechanic
Wrong.
>Has Souls difficulty
Not even sure what this means.
>Has Souls world design
Mostly wrong, since it's using Dark Souls 1 as its template which is an anomaly within the series.

Realistically there are only three things that could happen to dethrone it
>Nintendo pulls Super Mario Odyssey 2 out of fucking nowhere and it instantly wins for existing
>Doom Eternal turns out to be some how even better than DMC5 by some miracle
>Valve releases a game that brings Portal and Half-Life together and makes it a perfect game outside of that.
That said, Doom Eternal looks like the biggest competition, but it's unlikely it will be better. DMC5 is just too good and the memes are too strong.

Attached: 1549914954754.jpg (1024x792, 47K)

This ain't got shit on DMC3 or DMC4.

>responding to an obvious bait

Attached: 1497122614870.jpg (271x271, 16K)

Barry are you here

Did you forget Sekiro and RE2 ?

>"I-If I smugly tellhim he's wrong I won't have to back up or explain my points! Phew..."

Okay kid

Attached: 01b.png (640x400, 39K)

Yes

No.

youtu.be/v6lPt78u_UA

HE HE HE HE KINGDOM HEARTHS HE HE

Attached: 1551748107911.jpg (638x1000, 86K)

RE2 is a Remake, does that really counts for GOTY?

www.twitch tv/thespherehunter

get in here

Yes, REmake was GOTY for 2002.

When will someone make a DmC edit of SpongeBob and Patrick saying "We saved the city!"
That said, I don't think DmC was deep, but it did one thing right in showing Donte and Vergin together. Compared to Dante and Vergil, those two suck ass but just seeing even those two together makes me hate the fact that we rarely ever get Dante and Vergil shenanigans and the ending of DMC5 just left me wanting more of those two and made it even worse that that's supposed to be the ending of their story. Even if they come back, its made clear we won't get a game of just those two talking shit together.

Attached: 1552283349436.jpg (849x960, 98K)

yeap , RE2 Remake .

WoW Classic is gonna win GoTY 15 yrs later. Zoomer games BTFO.

Attached: 1550988314286.jpg (500x396, 22K)

astral chain

Sekiro will.

FPBP.

It's on PC so 60fps. I dunno about the rest but it's an action adventure game.

Fucking based.

i guess thats the one that really stood out, the verticality is also nice tho, we've gotta wait to see if it holds

How many times have you posted this exact same post? You are so fucking autistic, you don't even talk about DMC.

RE2 was better IMO.

KH3 is shit fuck off

Attached: 1538253520743.jpg (1000x837, 147K)

We will see in about a week

RE2 is great but putting a remake as GOTY would be suicide to the game industry.
Sekiro is a wild card but cannot win GOTY because Western game journalism has a hate boner for Japan.

Cope barry

Just you wait until my boy Ryu had a new game. DMC will be laughed at all the way to the grave

>Western game journalism has a hate boner for Japan.
It's the opposite.

Still better than dmc

Attached: indir (2).jpg (213x237, 7K)

Based.

Why would anyone play DMC?
I like watching donguri videos on youtube too but the execution barrier skill floor for making the game actually enjoyable is so high none of you will ever reach it.

unless you're the 0.01% that posts smokin sick combos on youtube the game is just an average action game with bland gray environments from installment to installment

Because they're pretentious retards. DMC isn't -that- popoular, there are just some really loud shills.

Hello Barry, I see you are evading that ban FOR DOING THE SAME FUCKING THING (trying to cause the DMC and KH fans to fight)

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 130K)

That depends if Cyberpunk comes out this year or 2020.

Attached: cyberpunk2077wallpaper.jpg (1440x900, 148K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

this is how delusional KH faggots are, holy fuck.

We all know this is going to be a next gen game.

They said that they'll release it on xbone, ps4 and pc.

As much as it will deserve it, Last of us 2 will sweep the awards. That piece of shit will be oscar bait in video game form.

sad but true

>Trusting CDPR
You can't be this naïve, user.

Attached: Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrade.jpg (2880x2430, 1.24M)

>no porn tabs
come on man

He's just straight autistic.

How is a graphical downgrade relevant to the stated platforms the game will appear on?

Yeah man, fucking amateurs don’t even know about Gay Sex With Hats On.

retard