Cancel almost every project

>cancel almost every project
>then make their games available on pc through win10
>proceeds to port everything to steam instead
>makes directx12 available for win7
what the fuck is their endgame?

Attached: xbox.jpg (400x400, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2019/3/13/18263513/microsoft-xbox-one-pc-games-support-streaming-wireless-display-app-feature
youtube.com/watch?v=9ekOtn7L1N0
youtube.com/watch?v=ryB-hdtpQRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Saying goodbye to exclusivity to gain the largest possible player base. Seems the best for the long-term survival of their franchises

It's the smart model
The more people that can play your games the more money you make

I never bought the Xboner and didn't give a shit about their exclusives. I'll buy Halo again though on PC.
Microsoft making the right choices for once.

This. Why make your games exlusive to a console you're selling at a loss when you can just bring them to every platform instead?

Don't forget Xbox Live on phones and the Switch

It begins
theverge.com/2019/3/13/18263513/microsoft-xbox-one-pc-games-support-streaming-wireless-display-app-feature

Shutting down the Xbox division and getting out of gaming. Dead brand, total failure and money sink. The investors and execs lost patience with a long time ago.

This is probably some investor waking the fuck up and realizing win10 is a piece of shit, so he called the faggots and told them to 180 back to comfytown where there's money to be made.

Attached: 1504280464632.jpg (592x887, 110K)

They’re making two brand new consoles next-gen, while also committing to streaming Xbox games on other platforms like mobile and Switch. The fuck are you talking about?

Nice, can they port all the xbone controller features on W10 to 7 as well?

Xbox becoming a service has been happening for years now. They want Xbox to be to gaming what Windows is to PC.

They gave up

Enjoy your ps5 sony monopoly :)

Attached: 23456789965432464.jpg (1000x1333, 511K)

>makes a shitty console with a lot of polemic
>Makes his console bundle with Kinect
>Kills Kinect
>Makes the most powerful console
>Makes a digital only console

What's the fucking point?

Attached: 1528807219192.png (878x510, 882K)

Their business direction is the most pro consumer shift we've seen of either sony or microsoft, probably ever, so I've got no complaints. Gravity Rush port never.

>Microsoft owns Xbox
>Microsoft also owns Windows

Whats the problem?

Businesses refuse to move on to windows 10 because they don't want to deal with mandatory updates and all the other garbage associated with it, and the proposed subscription for 10 doesn't help. Microsoft is finally starting to feel that, is all.

Yeah bringing 5 year old games to pirateville is a great idea

Can we expect the next Xbox to be essentially a PC, full with upgradeable components and basically a mini ITX case with a sort of modified version of Windows 10 with its shell replaced?

MS Seems to acknowledge that PC is profitable and way past the days of GFWL to the point where they keep fucking with W10 so that it's worse at a lot of things, but better for games.

They want xbox to be a brand, not just a console

Unifying Xbox and PC like they originally wanted to do before 2001.

>while also committing to streaming Xbox games on other platforms like mobile and Switch
This is the key phrase here, they are going to go third party after the next-gen is over, they only needed to push out the new consoles to deafen the sound of whining xfags when it happens.

They are making Xbox into a steam platform that plays on Xbox consoles, PC, iOS, Android, and maybe switch.
They reduce the need for native porting by offering streaming service for underpowered systems.
Consoles don’t make money on their own, they rely on game sales to recoup the investment.

Xbox consoles will still exist. Platforms that aren’t PC or Xbox will only be able to stream

No. If there’s going to be an Xbox with upgrades it’s going to be in basic configs before you buy it. They’re already doing this with a weaker console (Lockhart) and a stronger console (Anaconda) both for 2020/2021.

they are dug in so deep with fuckups they have to be honest for once

They're saving all of their shit for their next console. The last games on the Xbone were Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3. There's no point in releasing anything on it now, and I'm sure they knew that Crackdown 3 was going to bomb.

When I said streaming games to other platforms I didn’t mean PC or PS4. PC gets ports and MS will never release their own games or services on PlayStation consoles simply because Snoy won’t allow them.

>xbox

Worth noting they did the same thing for XP, businesses don’t want to do it because they are lazy and cheap, they’d be on Win 95 if they could.

Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Gears 5 are guaranteed to come out before Scarlet.
Battletoads could if they don’t hit any delays

What about Gears 5 or Ori?

Not all Xbox games coming to PC will be ports. A large majority will be UWP.
Halo is a special case to promote Xbox on PC

>microsoft, steam, and nintendo team up and save gaming
>after every other platform and shitty company is defeated they'll be the ones who become the microtransaction exclusive evil they sought to defeat.
absolute power corrupts absolutley

Attached: 1551800513225.jpg (253x317, 25K)

I'm guessing they are treating themselves like steam machines? Xbox for people who don't want to deal with shit like steam machines.

Microsoft sees the coming shitstorm of fucking garbage entries into gaming by google and the bunch. It’s gonna be bad before it gets better

>a game with a primarily multiplayer focus is gonna get pirated
Yeah okay.

>x86 games require Xbox live
>UWP games for 90% of the library
Good luck

>microsoft
>save gaming

Some people have very short memories
youtube.com/watch?v=9ekOtn7L1N0

youtube.com/watch?v=ryB-hdtpQRw

Probably.
Is it bad, I dunno I’m not a business just some pleb. Guess we will all have to see come 2020

>angry joe

They have no true gamers at corporate. Just a bunch of suits reading spreadsheets from the accounting department to decide what gamers want.

Whatever success they had in the first 3/4 of the Xbox 360's lifespan was a fluke.

This guy knows his stuff.

In case you weren't aware, the part of MS that makes the most money is azure/cloud services. Yes, even more than Office and Windows. If they can get a foothold with game streaming then they can sell their cloud services to game developers so those devs can reach the non Xbox/W10 players, which will rake in huge money for that part of their business.

>Waaa ms screwed me out of money because I said bad things about them
Meanwhile
>I bought a x amount of money on gaming equipment to stream Nintendo games even though they have a history of copyright striking people and they still copyright strike me
I bet you if he did the samething with sony the samething will happen

Part of that success was the PS3 sucking ass through a straw (with its overpriced, overheating piece of shit) and Nintendo not providing the big boy franchises and games. Kinect sure put them down, but they weren't that great before, just not as shitty as the competition on the market for gen 6 console gamers.

I'm willing to bet Microsoft does not have a single coherent strategy anymore.

Which is probably for the best, as MS fucks things up when they have a single coherent strategy rather than simply trying to build good shit people actually want.

Remember Silverlight, Windows 8, DirectX 9, TV TV TV etc etc?

No, just create good products that people want rather than constantly pushing shit on people that they don't want as a single cohesive strategy

They probably are going the way of Sega, aka publishing house and the occasional app/software.

Which is funny because it looks like Sega might get back into the console business with Google soon.

>Sega might get back into the console business with Google soon

Any source on that? I doubt Google wants to resurrect sega with their new console.

Like one of the anons said I think Microsoft is throwing the towel in for the Xbox One however they have something big planned, I'm seeing another 360 style resurrection where Sony drops the ball by getting to comfortable. All will be revealed at E3 but I'm excited to say the least, and if turns out to be nothing I'll just stick to my PC/switch.

Yea but Azure/Cloud services is driven by giant corporations spending millions of dollars to access their servers, similar to AWS. Not gamers logging into Xbox Live for free.

I feel like this “pivot to services” is going to blow up on these companies in a massive way especially since customers have been trained to expect this shit for free. Unless Microsoft plans to sell our info to advertisers.

>"hey EA/ActBliz/Take 2/whoever, if you want your games to reach our streaming playerbase we'll sell you access to these servers for a lot of money"
That's the idea

>wtf I can't shitpost on Yea Forums with this!!!

They aren't "throwing in the towel". Xbox makes them a shitload of money, even if the PS4 and Switch make more money. Xbox Live subscriptions print moeny and Microsoft have been gobbling up developers left right and centre.

HTPCs and Desktop PCs service a different niche from consoles. As somebody who's a primary PC gamer but with an xbone in the living room I'm happy for this change and I feel bad for the sony fanboys who can't relate to consumer friendly practices lol

For that sweet 30% cut of every digital sale, like $8 in licensing for every disc printed, and those 30-50 million suckers that pay for Gold annually every year.

Endgame? Xbox as a service, that's it.

microsoft saying fuck you to xbox users to appease PC crowd. are we sure they are even going to have a next gen console?

Xbox is changing into a platform rather than a console
Their next console at e3 might be their last

I'm glad Xbox is dead.

>people who voluntarily bought a sony home console over a gaming rig should be mad that sony isn't forcing them to move to PC
the absolute state of pcfags

How is this MS forcing people to move to PC? Read the first part of my post.