DF FOR SALE ON STEAM

>toady has been giving his lifeswork away for free for over a decade now living fine off of donations
>a woman comes into his life
>he immediately starts selling his game

YOU CAN NOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP. WOW

store.steampowered.com/app/975370/Dwarf_Fortress/

Attached: 14056.jpg (1024x688, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5kZi3J2S52E&index=19&list=PLU79801KtVAUnKYktg8sXJUaEbHKxX5xx
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=565c35684feff5d5c6d53c657d9ef96e&topic=161047.0
youtube.com/watch?v=6h0CsPlDQ3I
youtube.com/watch?v=GiBF6v5UAAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>YOU CAN NOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
You literally can, and did.

Imagine getting mad about paying

Attached: ss+(2018-10-29+at+03.49.22).png (1531x81, 21K)

>df isnt being sold on steam

You literally did make this shit up. He's doing it for medical reasons because burgerdoctors don't care about their people.

It's going to be free.

Now run along and play in the street, or with Rimworld, or whatever it is your shrunken zoomer brain finds entertaining.

He's selling a parity version with better visuals and music to pay for his brother's medication, who even cares

>steam workshop integration

Attached: woah.png (672x434, 111K)

So what all does this steam version add? I mean clearly it adds a texture pack and changes the UI a little bit. Is there anything else you get?

None of that is new for the Steam release.

How fucking retarded are people? Tilesets have been a thing for dorf fort for over a decade now.

Nothing besides more songs and the feeling of ensuring that Toady's bro gets money for his treatments

Its still on his site, and its still free, faggot ass retard.

It's a specially built tilesets and UI for the steam release, plus some new music and steam workshop.
It's not much, but he's outright saying he's asking for charity and the free version will stay free if you're uninterested.

Um... where the fuck in my post did i say any of this was new? I asked what all comes with the steam version to justify the cost.

The game never came packaged with a tileset, though. Did Toady make one himself, or it's just one of the commonly used ones?

Kino tileset and a new UI, along with steam workshop support.

Last time I played df was when he added 3D maps, how much shit has he added since then?

>FPS death the game
pass

call me when the game is optimized

He needs money because America fucking suuuuuuuuuuucks
Just dont get sick and youll be fine

I wonder if hyperthreading will exist

So what tileset is this? I dont recognize it. Was it specifically made for steam? And are the songs just that soundsense (i think that's the name of it) stuff or again stuff specific to the steam version? Thanks for answering my question btw.

epic on suicide watch

>The reason why he put it on steam is because american healthcare is about to meme on their whole family and they are desperately trying to be somewhat financially secure

Attached: 58jf8t[1].jpg (612x603, 105K)

>have sex
>this is the result

JUST DON'T GET SICK LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Attached: 4Head.png (457x421, 352K)

There's already a thread you piece of shit, USE THE CATALOG

It's not made by toady, but it's exclusive for the paid version.

>work for over 15 years on a passion project that you fully expect to be your life's work
>give it away for free and rely on donations to keep development going
>cater solely to your own audience, never compromise for outside approval
>eventually forced to sell it because america is literally the most cucked nation in the world by pharma companies

Attached: ad93.jpg (227x222, 6K)

>enhanced audio
So is this more than added songs? Like actual sound effects and shit too or?

America is nr 1, faggot, stay jealous and bitter between your krokodil shots.

if he had actually put some work into it it to make the presentation and control be more like an actual game instead of an excel sheet this would be cool but it´s basically just the same cheap ass looking game

Seething

>new UI
Fucking finally

It's just another way to donate since the free version will still exist.

>same ui slightly different graphics

wow

Sad thing is, most likely whatever extra revune steam brings in, it won't be enough to cover whatever medical expenses they have if they dont have an insurance plan.

new graphics, same UI. Maybe we'll get proper mouse support tho

>Despite everything, he doesn't even make you pay, the free version is still available and updated as normal
Toady is too good for us degenerates.

Careful you don't sprain a finger while typing, shitposting isn't covered by your faggot health plan.

Attached: evans00344.jpg (227x222, 5K)

feels american man

Yes, sadly they are completely fucked in modern America. Especially when it's cancer related, as you can't medical tourism that easily.

sorey user, but being retarded is a pre-existing condition and isn't covered by your health plan

Attached: 436346.gif (498x466, 796K)

>you can literally kill children in the game

So how long until it gets censored?

here's your dorf fort bros
you like rpg maker right?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Shame yours only cover immigrants.
Toady and bro had their chances, but they threw them away. Why should we, the people, pay for their shitty genetics? Toady could have stayed a math professor and thus covered but no, gotta NEET all day.

South facing walls need perspective, and ramps look horrible, but aside from that it looks a lot better than other tilesets thanks to the new renderer.

No it isn't. He's getting someone to do a custom tileset and a little music, plus giving it Workshop support. $20, but the original will be still just as updated and free, so it's basically a donation.

Who /prewritten review/ here?

NOT RECOMMENDED
Dwarf Fortress looks and plays ugly, it has poor mouse support and runs bad. The titleset was made by a woman and it shows in how bad it is. Toady has sold out to the SJWS

>cancer
Even with insurance you're basically guaranteed to pay out hundreds of thousands in copays.

>unironically defending American healthcare

Attached: 536576486452.jpg (244x209, 12K)

thicc ass tiles

>still no usable UI
literally the only reason I don't want to play DF

Attached: 1520159841316.jpg (942x1080, 102K)

What happened to Toady's health?

So like scandic countries then. There's no such thing as "free health care"
t. norwegian.

>Why should we, the people, pay for their shitty genetics?

Countries with more socialized medical care cost less per person than the USA method, and the option of private care is still fully available for anyone who wants to pay.

American healthcare is literally just a money siphoning scam and the only people who defend it are retards and outright shills.

Just use Dwarf The Rapist like everyone else

Keep your filthy casual program to yourself. I've played since the economy was a thing and NEVER ONCE used it. And i manage just fine thank you.

Just neckbeard things

>why didnt you give up what you love doing because the american healthcare system is a joke
Lmao the absolute state of burgers

>work with canadians
>the tax hike they have to pay due to their healthcare system would still cost less for me than what i pay monthly for my insurance

Idk user. Sometimes i feel like the US system of healthcare might not be that great....

>inb4 move to canada then
You are a literal child if you think this is how the world works.

NOOOOOOOOOOO I JUST DONATED 100 BUCKS TO BUY THIS BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS FREE BUT I COULDN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAY IT AND NOW THIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 345735463456.png (232x254, 50K)

>Countries with more socialized medical care cost less per person than the USA method
They also have a hell of a smaller population.

Steam and women proving once again to be the poison that destroys good vidya.

>Available: time is subjective
>still no gui

>You are a literal child if you think this is how the world works.
But it is? Everyone can just migrate to wherever they want if their host nation isn't good enough. As an american, you should KNOW this by hearth, since your entire nation was founded on exactly that.

>The absolute state of americunts

Attached: 1552089878829.png (600x580, 426K)

as always amerifags dont reply this kind of posts.

>tfw the majority of big phamra breakthroughs are supported by government funding
>"B-B-BUT IF WE DON'T CHARGE $800 A PILL WE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO AFFORD RESEARCH"
lol America, land of the cucked.

Why should we bother to respond to poor bait made with over-simplified bullshit? Unlike you people, we're actually clever enough to see when someone's just trying to start shit to push an agenda.

>Releasing on Steam due to healthcare fears
This is a legit and pragmatic concern. Medical costs are the #1 reason for bankruptcy in America, and the people behind those costs are some of the most powerful entities in politics because they make so much money. It's practically not a matter of "if" healthcare is going to blow up in your face, it's "when", and when it does happen it really matters if you had the right kind of healthcare plan at the right time.

Well it's that or dying in a waiting room like most countries with 'free healthcare'

In America, the clinic doesn't close on the weekends

Do you have any idea how long and difficult the process of migrating to Canada is? Or most first world countries really. Even the States is hard to gain citizenship in, and we're the easy one on the block.

>Research into medicine and biology is FREE guys!
The absolute state of idiots.

It's much more than a tileset. In one of the screenshots you can see that even equipment has sprites that appear on the character. This is full blown graphics!

Will someone get in contact with the guy who runs Wesnoth or Tales of Maj'Eyal on Steam?

There are a bunch of good, free open source games with optional (reasonable) purchases that have come to Steam without assholes. Maybe the Dorf Fort bros can do the same? If they ask only a few bucks for it and don't diverge the codebase etc.. that's fine. Would be nice if they open sourced it (if it isn't all ready?)

>admitting you are child who doesnt know how the world works
Do you seriously think its as easy as just picking up and moving to a different country? As i already stated. I have a job. So I have bills and other expenses to survive. If i just pack up and migrate to another country because I won't have a job anymore. I cant risk everything else for the prospect that someday maybe I wont have to spend as much on healthcare.

>Retarded American dicksuckers in this thread

They're either already somewhat rich or just stupid. Our healthcare sucks if you have any problems. You better hope you don't have shit like teeth that decay way too fast like a friend of mine has otherwise enjoy that big fucking medical bill on your head.

People who defend ANY country to the point that they overlook the flaws are the true fucking idiots

Spoken like someone who doesn't know how healthcare works outside USA. You probably think the earth is flat too.

>Well it's that or dying in a waiting room like most countries with 'free healthcare'

Why is it always americans that have never left their country that say this shit

I've never once heard a Canadian or Brit say this, but god damn does every American conservative out there screech it every time any other country is mentioned.

Shit takes time, sure. But the option is always there, unless you fucked up and did some serious crime. The american settlers didn't make USA overnight either.

The waiting room thing is just a meme btw. You know thats not how it actually works right?

>it's real
what the actual fuck

Most of it is funded by taxes desu.

You know, how the rest of the world also does it. Or do you think America is the only place doing medical research?

I've played DF for years but could not donate because I did not know what was a fair price for the developers

now that he is going to put a fair price no matter the cost I will pay it

So apply for a job there. If you have any worth, they'll hire you, and you can move there on a visa, then apply for citizenship. Or just marry a local.
It's the same reason burgers hire mexicans, since their cost is less than the total of their value as employees.

>inb4 toadyone sells to Microsoft and becomes notch 2.0

>Halo yesterday
>Dwarf Fortress today

what fucking timeline have I entered in my dreams

The option is not always there depending on your chosen profession. They are very selective.

Do you realize how much of your economy is subsidized by your own government? Research, every military company, all those senators corn farms...

This
t.Someone who got an appointment for my heart checkup in 5 fucking months from now.

>Being this fucking retarded about any other country other than your own

Holy shit, man sums this shit up

Attached: 1552084457966.png (428x546, 70K)

If it’s legit then good for him. Dude deserves some cash for his autism

Attached: E101C5AC-A4B4-4B37-9F44-F3428BA38C4A.jpg (1024x1024, 120K)

It's crazy how a country that spends trillions on warfare can let its citizens rot like this, shameful even. What the fuck man, here in the UK we have many problems but the NHS not only covered my mum's breast cancer surgery but also removing a kidney stone that got stuck in my ureter. In the US we'd be bankrupt by these procedures.

Only place to do any serious research due superior equipment and scientific community. There's a reason why foreign scientists all want to work in the USA (or China should they lack ethnical senses)

we need to go back

>Would be nice if they open sourced it (if it isn't all ready?)

>The game's code base is proprietary, and Adams has stated he has no plans to release it into the open-source domain, citing the risk of them going into financial trouble.[43] He explained he would consider releasing its source if he could not maintain it anymore, seeing different game developers taking it up.[36] He says that he does not mind any modifications as long as he is not put into risk.[43]

Nothing wrong with Toady himself, it's his brother who needs expensive medical attention

Toady is too autistic, even compared to Notch. He'd think Microsoft was trying to buy him a coke and a burger and not the game.

I'd rather wind up in a line for an annual checkup than not being able to go at all.

Even if you're over exaggerating i'd rather die waiting for medical treatment than die knowing I can't get any help at all

lol

This ain't China. Hospitals still gotta treat ya, but they'll hound ya for payment for a while

I'll buy just to support him, fuck cancer.

You ever gone bankrupt hombre?

It's bad times.

Well first of all im not mexican so why would i cost less? Secondly. If only it was easy as applying for a job and they just give you a visa. Alot of companies even in the US dont want to fuck with that shit. So I would imagine canadian companies are even less inclined. So in this scenario i have to just pray some company is willing to hire me to work on visa while i try to get my citizenship? What do i do in the meantime?

>He needs money because Americans aren't down with leeching.

Fixed that for you. I already pay more in taxes than most of you eurocucks make in a year. Not even rich. Fuck off.

Bankruptcy isn't actually all that bad

Sounds pretty good. Steam workshop support and a base tileset that is included by default are good features.

Actually, i had to wait for 7 hours with a broken arm, bone literally sticking out of my elbow in the waiting room because there was too few doctors on call that night to deal with me. This was in Norway. At least they fed me painkillers though. Which i had to pay for aftewards.

As a leaf I can say that the Canadian healthcare system has its own share of problems mostly pertaining to it taking forever to get shit done

It was inevitable.

Attached: 1552492483941.png (500x704, 256K)

Have you ever gone through it?

It absolutely is a nightmare. I've been there. You might think it's not that bad, but you basically put your life on hold for a few years.

If I buy this that means i'm a real hardcore gamer!!

But user, affordable healthcare is some kind of commie shit. Can't have that.
There are people who unironically believe this.

Not sure how to feel to see bay12 struggle, while tynan is rolling in dough. I'd rather throw in my lot with DF

Burger here. I had kidney stones as well. Had hyperparathyroidism. Had to get a pretty minor surgery to get rid of the adenoma. Towards the end of all the testing and shit my insurance lapsed (i was in uni). Luckily everything was already scheduled so i still got the surgery. Didnt take more than 20 minutes in surgery, although i did have to stay overnight. Just for that and I owed over 50k in medical bills.

tldr- our medical system is FUCKED

>would i cost less?
Because if you want to be competetive, you have to either accept that you're gonna cut down on the pay, or simply not being attractive enough,
So the option is to either get the education and experience required to make you "unique" enough to be attractive, or deal with the fact that you're not worth it. Hell i know an older somalian who was a water engineer in Africa, getting his education in France, but today works as a janitor despite literally being overqualified. And he's as happy as they come for actually having a job at all.

The last box should say
>Share game for free and also sell game on Steam

Bros.. the death panels..

Basically why I'm voting Bernie. US would rather preform ass-fucking retarded regime changes that cost trillions only to leave the country a bigger shit hole later than take care of it's own people. I didn't vote for Trump but I can sympathize with those who believed he'd get us out of these dumb wars and focus on infrastructure, but alas, he was just another kike-bought neocon throwing US integrity away for jewbucks.

Thread's over lads, pack it in

Are you actually paying attention to your own logic here?

>Instead of trying to change the situation you're in for the better, you should flee to another country, upend your life and accept a dramatically worse situation because you don't like one aspect of where you live

I cant speak for the norwegian system so idk. This sort of stuff can happen in the US as well though i think if you dont have good insurance.

Not going to say you are lying, but i have worked with many canadians. And we have talked about this sort of shit. All of them told me the whole rumor about having to wait forever to get treated in canada is bullshit. That they dont have to wait any longer to get treated than we do here in the states.

>Pyrimethamine
>on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system
>In other areas of the world, it is available as a generic and costs as little as $0.05 to $0.10 per dose
>you can literally make it at home from shit you buy from the store
youtube.com/watch?v=5kZi3J2S52E&index=19&list=PLU79801KtVAUnKYktg8sXJUaEbHKxX5xx
>in 'murrica its $750 a tablet, ($75,000 for a course of treatment)

Attached: 1551684831990.jpg (806x886, 155K)

Insurance is unironically the death panels.

"We don't think you need this surgery, your 10 medications are sufficiently controlling the problem in our (non-medical) opinion. We won't cover it."

>Why do Americans believe it takes an eternity to get medical treatment?
Because it's one of major advertising pushes healthcare companies have been putting out there to justify the American system as it is. It's something that's very intentionally spread around.

It is, of course, a half-truth. Sometimes if whatever's wrong with you doesn't appear very severe, you may wind up waiting a while to see a doctor about it. I had a friend with some sort of stomach illness wind up on a waiting list to get checked out, so he paid private costs for a sooner check out - and surprise, it turned out it was no big deal. Just an ulcer, which isn't an emergency but my friend was glad to get it taken care of sooner.

Is it worth four times the cost to be able to walk in and see a doctor on the day? Maybe SOMETIMES, but in the American system it's not sometimes, it's always. It's always more expensive, and every now and then a CEO realizes his companies is the only one manufacturing some type of drug and the prices go up 10,000%.

I've never met an actual Canadian that disliked their health system.

Hell, I was talking with one guy a few years back who had appendicitis while way up in the middle of fucking nowhere. They flew him out of there and operated on it immediately. No cost. In America the poor guy would have probably died trying to even make it to the hospital out of fear of having to pay 100k for the helicopter ride.

First of all you sre never going to be that unique or special. There is always going to be someone more unique or qualified. So good luck banking on that.

Secondly you arent looking at the bigger picture here. Im not going to sacrifice every other aspect of my life because i recognize one particular aspect is fucked.

>There's no such thing as "free health care"
Yes there is.
t.Australian.

>man takes time and works on something
>realizes his time and effort is worth money
Good for him, he grew a spine

Also helps that in countries with free healthcare,
insurance is WAY CHEAPER than Murrica's.

So you can either use your country's free option, or pay for a better/faster healthcare but that's not expensive enough that will severely fuck your life.

Yeah me either honestly. Hell some of them didnt neccesarily like Canada. But NONE of them would trade their healthcare system for ours.

this tileset makes me moist 2bh

Heh, I have thyroid problems too, hypothyroidism to be more precise. Thank God I didn't need any sort of surgery yet, just taking levothyroxine every morning, which is pretty cheap too.

You need to keep medicine cheap for all those immigrants lamo

This, there are private options available, and there is a reason why most rich people come to the US when they have very serious problems, because we US offers the best high-end healthcare. The problem is not everyone needs nor can afford the best high-end healthcare, they just need basic fucking healthcare. It's like being forced to order filet mignon every time you just want a snack.

Hope Epic pick this one up.

America was literally built on immigrants, like your parents, of course it's going to be cheap.

>implying im american
I am a proud third worlder

Yeah i had to. I guess if it goes untreated it will give you brittle bones or some shit. Fucked part is i was having testing done on me for about a year. Despite the drs saying they were about 90% sure what the issue is but "its better to be safe than sorry". Luckily it was all while i still had insurance. Cant imagine how much it would have cost me if all of that was out of pocket if just that little surgery at the end cost me 50k. Fucked my credit all up too.

>There's a reason people come to the US for healthcare!
It's not because the high prices result in better care. On Average, American care is a little worse than in a variety of European nations, and per the dollar it's worse than Mexico.

The reason rich people come to the US for treatment of serious illnesses is because
A) Money means nothing to a rich person
B) The US has a glut of specialists due to the insane prices specialists are able to charge in this country. In fact, there's a practical overabundance of specialists and a shortage of general practitioners. That means if you get sick with something that needs a specialist, there's a good liklihood that one of the top specialists is an American.

So I guess that's half a point for a bloated, price-gounging system of healthcare?

Arent drs in canada and shit paid just as much, maybe a little more, than drs in the US?

The norwegian model is basically that the state covers about 70% of costs, and all life threatening operations, but you'll have to pay for "extras" like non-vital medicine and other "comforts", as well as a minor sum of the operation(s) unless, like stated, it's a life or death thing (besides long term things like cancer or even AIDS). You won't get into serious debt, but it'll hurt the wallet all the same.

Thus lower tax revenue. America is what Americans made it. A hellhole.

They make a little more in the states, but I believe their actual take home may be equal due to not needing the massive malpractice insurance policies etc (Up to 30k+ a year)

Hows those 70% taxes working out? But hey, at least you'll get healthcare if you're retarded enough to get injured or have shit genetics! Shame all the abos take up the spots though

>$750 a tablet
If you're a stupid fucking insurance company maybe

>you only need medical assistance if you're "retarded enough to get injured" or have shit genetics

based 12 year old logic

>MURRICA IS #1
>scrape your knee
>get sent into a life of debt because of health bills

Attached: 1324606381370.jpg (126x126, 3K)

Survival of the fittest baby

Attached: dwarf_soul1.jpg (1580x598, 205K)

So why else would you need it, huh? You go to the hospital for kicks like it was a fucking park or something?

Hopefully it will get some nice sex mods, Rimworld has some and they are great

>Needing "professional help" over a scraped knee
Fucking sissies, every one of you euros. Here we'd just spit on it and carry on.

>Hows those 70% taxes working out?
30% and I make a little over 100k, so pretty good.

>Shame all the abos take up the spots though
Abos are less than 3% of the total population, less than 0.2% even live in the capital cities.

I haven't seen an abo in two years, for all I know they're extinct.

Cope.

>Literally just sprites rubbing at each other
>great
If i want to see a colony woman sucking doggy dick, i want to SEE it, not read it.

Fuck you for ruining the thread

Attached: Anikis mom.png (507x562, 387K)

it's also being sold on steam, cocksucker retard. the two are not mutually exclusive

And what is America supposed to do? Are doctors supposed to just work for free?

Don't buy it to support him, just donate directly to him so Gabe etc isn't taking a cut.

At least he is based to sell it in steam, not in the fucking Epic Chink Store.
Also, free game is still a free game. He is based.

No, they aren't. But your country needs to awaken to the problem between hospitals and insurance companies to jack the prices up and make money off you idiots.

Why the fuck didn't he change the controls. That's fucking dumb

Cut military spending, there's no good reason to spend trillions annually for upkeep a military that spends most of the time either drilling or shooting sandpeople

Bragging about paying more taxes than European countries but claiming that free health-care is leeching? I don't see the relationship. Shouldn't your health-care be free then? Where does your taxes go except for your military in other countries.

*vacations to the soviet union and praises it two years before it collapses*
IF YOU'RE WHITE
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE POOR
retarded socialist, can't see how good you have it and want to tear it down for misguided morality

Attached: 1523777803909.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Australia's doctors earn great money and Australian healthcare is free.
It isn't magic.

Yeah because drs in other countries work for free.

No, that's not the problem either, seeing as your social welfare spending vastly out spends that.

Fuck you only pay 30% in taxes? Im a burger and pay 33%. Kill me.

australia isn't the hegemon of the world

WILL HE FINALLY FIX THE UI?

Imagination is good user

>hegemon
Either is the US.

>Renting free indie shit
Kek

How do I into DF?
Newb here

Attached: lion king.jpg (720x720, 40K)

yes it is, don't even pretend to be retarded now

He's aussie, he can't help it.

I technically pay less given all the stuff I can write off against my tax (car, computer, laundry, internet etc), but yeah.

Australian tax only gets crazy fro the mega wealthy (and not even close to European levels of taxation), and even then there's a metric fuck ton of loop holes.

Huh, nord here, we pay 34%. Why does USA shit on our model when you pay pretty much the same?

don't you do it either. he only mentioned australia but I'm much more inclined to believe he's another retarded euroslave who has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to america

>healthcare is not a right
>education is not a right
>lobbying is legal
>taxes you even if you are not living in the country
>PRIVATE PRISONS issuing bonds and stocks
>death penalty
>segregation and racism in the 21st century

Yes, and why don't we just invite the PRC and Moscow to just fucking conquer us while at it?
We need to project strenght, to keep our allies and ourselves safe from tyrants.

Unironically go onto youtube and watch a tutorial and kind of follow along with that. Its what i did.

I mean once you learn the basic stuff such as setting up plump helmet farms to provide food and booze you can start doing your own thing and the rest you can learn as you need to through google as you need it.

No it's not, it can't even provide it's own population with basic, affordable healthcare.

Couldnt someone just upload the tileset for everyone to have very easily?

Because most Americans really don't understand just how bad they have it by comparison with the rest of the world.

But enough about Europe, let's discuss America instead. Or, you know DF?

To be fair im in our highest tax bracket and i write alot of stuff off as well. But my base tax rate is 33%

Its obvious hyperbole you dense retard

Yeah probably, but this isn't about gate keeping content, it's about supporting devs who live in a third world nation and don't have access to healthcare that won't bankrupt them.

Most Americans unironically don't know what progressive tax brackets are and how they work

>europe
>anything from the list
Is this the grand murrican delusion?

Does it have multiplayer?

>Is cheaper to Americans to fly to a third world country and get the treatment than getting it on its own country
Shit is always hilarious
>Ib4 medicine is shit in third world country
Here in Costa Rica medicine is cheap af and the life expectancy is one of the best of the world

But that'd be copyright infringement!

>it's another retards can't take 5 seconds to google the definition of "free" rerun

Conventional militaries mean fuck all when both of those have nukes AND US also has nukes which are a good enough deterrent for any invasion plans

He wants to discuss a video game rather than his country, he's american for sure.

>Americans don't care about the health of their fellow citizens
Feels bad man

Attached: 1426042629312.jpg (338x430, 23K)

It's almost like all that foreign aid USA gives you pays for it or something!

Why would they? When you have so many immigrants your work force becomes disposable.
Don't want to do hazardous work 80 hours a week for minimum wage? Paco will.

ex dee

Lol, not even God himself could rework the code at this point.

You underestimate the mental gymnastics pirates do

In the US, the lower bracket is 15%, but that's income tax. You also pay ANOTHER 15% to medicare/Social Security in the form of payroll deductions, which most people don't think about. Then there's sales tax, which collects a certain amount on every purchase you make, and finally there's all the property taxes which collect on your holdings like cars and housing.

In reality the citizens on the bottom of the US ladder aren't getting a better deal. If you're rich, you actually stop paying into SS/Medicare after you've spent $100k on it, because rich political donors argued "it wasn't fair" to contribute tax money to a retirement fund they weren't going to need due to already having lifetimes of money.

And of course, the ultra-rich rely on stock income to make a lot of wealth, which is taxed at a far, far lower rate, which is how you occasional get news stories about rich political figures who didn't pay any taxes in a year.

I cant believe Hiro is fucking dead!

>It's almost like all that foreign aid USA gives you pays for it or something!
And? That's doesn't change anything in my post, I am legit giving you sick fucks an advice to no fuck you life over a simple surgery
Also I don't US is giving it any money right now

I'm interested, dwarf therapist support when?

I'm a few hours late but fucking hell this cancer post. If you like socialist policy then fuck off of this website.

Attached: eugh.jpg (900x900, 196K)

at least we're not mandated by our overlords to be chittering bug people and ignore people dying in the street

its not perfect and has its own share of flaws
>t.leaf

shut the hell up you ornery faggot

>at least we're not mandated by our overlords to be chittering bug people and ignore people dying in the street

>According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development's Annual Homeless Assessment Report, as of 2017 there were around 554,000 homeless people in the United States on a given night,

LOL

And it's why your health care works, because your nation isn't the one paying for it, so don't act all smug like your country "figured it out"
Anything can work if you don't have to pay for it.

Copyright infringement is the greatest mass delusion since the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

according to my cock, you cannot into reading comprehension

>instead of having a comfy dorfort thread it's just people shitposting
Oh right it's daylight in the west.

True, you just shoot each other dead instead.

If you pay more taxes than me shouldn't you be entitled to free healthcare

China doesn't even have free healthcare you retard

>its fucking real
First the MCC, now dwarf fortress, Steam really wants to not die.

yep, feels good having the freedom to put down wild niggers if they give over to their animal instincts and attack me unprovoked

>toady has been giving his lifeswork away for free for over a decade now living fine off of donations
If he's made something ultra-popular why shouldn't he be wealthy? It's also still free. I don't even play it, but this is straight up retardation to complain about this.

What's the MCC?

I am not smug, my country haven't figured out anything in years, I am telling you niggas to come be because is CHEAPER here, our income is lower so our prices are lower
Why are Americans do defensive with their country?

is it normal for countries to provide free health care? in your story whole surgery was covered by government or some other organization. I am not american but here too, doctors are pretty much sell their service like all practitioners of other professions do. almost all hospitals are private. there are government hostpitals but they are rare as hell and all of them do very low level stuff and basic surgery thing. even barely serious thing is referred to some other place. there are healthcare insurance but all of them are private or semi government and you also have to pay on timely basis.

also is it the fate of gamedevs? doesn't matter hoe great of a game one makes unless its not AAA you starve to death. is developing games ever a good idea as non hobby and as serious career choice? these kind of stories I am seeing a lot by indie gamedevs. owlboy, iconoclasts. etc

Master Chief Collection

True, you're not mandated to do that, you do it willingly.

based and factual

>is it normal for countries to provide free health care?
in the first world, yes

ok

... And so there's 0 wrong with it

>WAAAHHHH WHY ISN'T IT FREE WAAAAAAAAH
Fuck off NEETtrash, get a job

Max Cuck Cock

>compared to 2.41 million homeless in china

lol

you are a scumbag if you do not buy this game after playing it for all these years

at least donate for fucksake

Uncle Jobel reaction

Attached: jobel.png (554x351, 37K)

Oh, that Halo thing. Never cared about it so never paid it any attention, and i was shitfaced all yesterday anyway. How did Yea Forums react to it though?

>Where does your taxes go except for your military in other countries.
Israel of course!

Attached: America for Israel.jpg (1460x1628, 1.75M)

I'll buy this.
Toady's a legitimately good guy.

Why are autismos freaking out over a tileset now? This always existed.

But would you rather have that system or the US system

there will be workshop support, im 100% sure it will get ported there at some point

when I first came to Yea Forums I would always encounter these healthcare conversations and would never make sense of it, also in one chatroom. like how can government pay for shit like surgery, how doctors even get paid.

Imagine your country being such a fucking trainwreck that you have to compare yourself to CHINA.

fuck off with your literal who twitter retard

>DF still free anyway on Bay12Games
>optional Steam version for Steam Workshop integration and the convenience of having it in your library
>another way to support Toady
>probably faster updates as a result
What's the issue? This isn't a new thing, just look at ADOM.

Attached: man-pondering-620x400.jpg (620x400, 36K)

Don't really see any freakout. But you know, the epic meme of "ASCII>tileset" faggotry that's been around DF since day one

PAY

Attached: PAY.png (240x240, 102K)

The issue is US health care, or the lack thereof.

>false dichotomy

Owlboy and Iconoclasts are not popular games, they're critically acclaimed because of good pixel art but they didn't actually sell very well because gameplay sells an indie game not artwork
Dwarf Fortress hasn't made any money because it's been on a donation model for a decade
Something like Rimworld for example makes tons of money

>Imagine comparing yourself to the most populous country on the planet by a vast margin
Yeah

>how can government pay for shit like surgery
taxes

Recommend me a tileset Yea Forums

good game but incels are just jelly he's getting it on the reg

DF without community mods and fixes kinda crap

Attached: 15336503771890.png (430x430, 144K)

Yeah, a lot of european countries have universal healthcare.

I'm betting it's gonna get overwhelming positive reviews by people who played for an hour or two, followed by a billion purchases because even normies know about the game and want it in their library to appear like TRUE gamers, due to this game's cultish status.

>owning the libs by going bankrupt
t. american

Attached: 1549522746107.png (905x619, 566K)

this thread isnt about dwarf fortress, its just /pol/ talkinga bout how shitty america is

The reason why the US doesn't have socialized health care is an interesting one. The thing that kicked it off was because as countries began to consider the question of it, in the US, employers were offering health benefits as a manner of attracting new employees, because those health benefits had non-taxable value. At the time, they lobbied the government not to socialize medicine, because it would take leverage and bargaining power away from businesses.

Eventually it became common practice for all employers to offer a health plan, but that was when costs were still manageable.

As they've ballooned out of control, employers now find they don't know what to do about the costs, and a new power has emerged into the political scene: the people who got paid in all this. Medical companies are now more powerful and more influential than the military industrial complex, which was an organization past politicians feared might take over the government. And now any plan made to legally change US healthcare has to pass through the healthcare companies first.

Why do you think Obamacare required everyone to buy healthcare, but didn't address any of the price gouging or healthcare monopolies? They never would have gotten it past the lobbies.

In other countries, I don't know the reason. I'd guess poverty? But in the US, it's always been our political system and the money in it that's determined the direction of public health.

Shut up Yea Forumsermin incel

Yes. In the normal, first world countries healthcare is free but you're usually forced to wait 1-3+ months before you're able to visit a specialist, unless you're in bad shape then usually things get sped up. You can always pay and have something done privately, for full cost without waiting.

>other countries
Americans are all fat and gluttonous and are unhealthy because of this
>also other countries
wtf why don't you want to pay for those fat and unhealthy people's healthcare???

true, some people can't be reasoned with especially in the heat of the moment, that's why guns and self defense laws exist. stay mad, euroslave

Meph is pretty tight.

bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=565c35684feff5d5c6d53c657d9ef96e&topic=161047.0

Really though, just go through and find one YOU like.

>it doesn't come pre-packed with my favorite easymode mods

Attached: 1418048209928.gif (433x344, 1M)

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

Stop voting for Democrats. Vote for guys Trump pushes for. The US subsidizes everyone's cheap healthcare. Fuck you assholes for making my meds expensive.

>some people can't be reasoned with especially in the heat of the moment
yeah good thing those people have guns too lol

>segregation and racism in the 21st century
FUCKING REDDIT GET OFF OF MY BOARD

guess you better work on your draw then

>read the buttons
>(d)esignate shit to be (c)ut down
>create stock(p)iles to keep shit in
>(d)esignate shit to be (m)ined out
>(b)uild (w)orkshops to make shit in, like (c)arpenters, (m)asonry, (k)itchen, (f)arm and most importantly, (b)rewery
>(q)uerry the workshops to see what they can make, and order the to do so.
>(q)uerry your farms to plant plump helmets every season. they can be eaten and made into beer
>get the rapist (dwarf therapist, an external program) to manage what your dorfs professions (miner, farmer, mason, cook..) should be
>at this point you should be self sustaining so try and brave the military screen and then you can begin to weep.

Attached: building_flowchart.png (1201x1445, 54K)

>but you're usually forced to wait 1-3+ months before you're able to visit a specialist
From personal experience I can say that is not the case in Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Japan.

why being on steam unallows you to install mods

so what? the only reason it's on steam is to help with Zach's medical costs, if a bunch of hipsters give money to that end that's great, it's going to a reasonable cause instead of in the pockets of some publisher

This shit drives me up the fucking wall. My aging mother had a fucked surgery to fix the alignment from her spine that a previously botched surgery created. Some of the screws keeping metal rods into her spine have come undone, and she can feel metal getting stabbed into parts of her back, she's had X-Rays that show these stray bits of metal in places they aren't supposed to be and other doctors have recommended surgery. You may be thinking, wow, let's get a surgery to get that metal removed! Nope, insurance won't cover it. They will, however, cover a fuck ton of pain medication. She can't complain if she's stumbling through the world in a heavily medicated daze right?

Fuck the United States healthcare system.

I hope this gets Meph to update his Masterwork mod. Don't give a shit if he "stole" mods from dead modders who vanished from the internet, his pack blew fresh life into the game. Playing as the undead necromancers was fucking amazing due to their different mechanics.

Nice meme. You know its not true though right?

oh no why don't other people just pay for his health care even though he's obviously capable of handling it himself :(

This but unironically. If the downside of having a functional healthcare system is that a few fat fucks will abuse it then I'm fine with it. Better to have a system that can take care of more people in need than less.

Jesus fucking christ.

You misconstruct my post. I meant it positivly, and that it's a good idea for Toady and Zach due to the game's status as a legend. I wish nothing but success and wealth to them.

IIRC at one point the health insurance plans for small businesses in several states went up by as much as 300% in one year

What happened? I haven't kept up with this game in five years

ah kay, sorry, sometimes hard to figure out what is and isn't sarcasm

I legit do not care about the game at all anymore. I was a huge fan but now what even separates DF from all its clones? The uniqueness of it being 1 mans passion project not beholden to any outside influence is what made the game special. Wasn't about profit. Now Tarn will no doubt start catering to casuals you can deny this fact all you want but face it its already happened by having this done. Maybe he and his family should take better care of themselves. He is kind of a fat neckbeard I don't know the state of his brother but I imagine he is a fat slob aswel.

ITT:

Attached: ben.png (537x491, 413K)

Understandable, this thread is basically euro vs USA shitposts to begin with, with barely any DF discussion.

Toady's bro has had cancer for a while, pretty soon they won't be able to afford his meds so they're releasing a paid version on Steam (game will still be free as always) with some new tunes, a new tileset and steam workshop support.

There's a fundamental misunderstanding of why american healthcare is so shit.

The us gov spends more per patient than the NHS does, its not about pumping more money into it, its about fixing the retarded system in which hospitals are allowed to get subsidies AND charge money.

>Obama's healthcare comes into play.
>Toady instantly fears for his life.

Keke. Don't forget to vote for Trump in 2020 Toady.

Fuck. I used to think stuff like this was a meme, but then my mom got diagnosed with cancer. The oncologist wanted to do some scan, i cant remember what for. But the insurance company didnt want to cover it. I remember they went back and forth for a couple of months before the insurance finally gave in i think. Its ridiculous. Like my father pays those fucks over 2k a month and they want to try and tell him and drs what you should and shouldn't have done.

Man, this thread had some stiff competition, but this is without a doubt the most retarded post in here.

tie in sources with your claims (there are so many) and you'd have a quality /pol/ containment post

>Screws and shit coming lose
Oh man, you know what's fun? That shit's barely even regulated in the US, and where it is regulated, it's captured by industry insiders anyway. It's actually common for new devices to hit the market without being safe in the slightest.

For example, you can get a cobalt hip replacement if your joints go bad. But know what happens? The cobalt gets into your system and royally fucks you up. The damage it does has the appearance of dementia, and since the elderly are most likely to get hip replacements, people who lose their minds due to those kinds of medical equipment often get written off as being old and have natural dementia. But it's metal poisoning.

There's countless examples. They ban that shit in Europe, but in the US they just don't care until it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt it's killing people.

I mean what kind of fucking device can have its screws come loose after it's been put inside your body? That should be virtually impossible.

How do you figure? I think he was making around 5k a month on donations. Which is certainly not enough to cover medical expenses if you dont have insurance

1) the game will stay free, steam version is basically just an easy way to donate
2) what sets it apart from all the competitors is dedication and attention to detail, no other game even begins reaching DF's level in that aspect
3) If Toady ever caters to "casuals" you may also want to check and see if Death is riding his Pale Horse through the street

Does it say how much its going to cost
?

$20.

>dorf fort discussion consumed by this healthcare shit for god knows how long
Pull the fucking lever.

Attached: 1432129190879.png (345x429, 246K)

wow very informative user, asking question like these really prove knowledgeable.

I thought /pol/ was for blaming everything on black people.

the EU may have some major god damn problems, but when it comes to regulating unethical or downright malicious business practices, it has it's merits

This cancer is going to be annoying as fuck for a while

More like orange dumbass started repealing Obama's kino so now he has to do this

Obamacare has been around for years

man just looking at this flowchart brings back all sorts of memories

every step is so memorable

so many lessons learned, so many mistakes made along the way

Hahahaha Americans are so retarded
>i-it's good that people can afford basic healthcare! m-muh freedums! not getting into a crippling life-time debt because an health issue you have no fault in is le evil communism!
Imagine seriously believing this holy shit

Wow this thread was intended as a bash women thread. It really went off the rails.

>This cancer is going to be annoying as fuck for a while

No shit, that's why Toady is selling the game, so his bro doesn't die of cancer.

>Countries who are only secure because they are behind America's shield questioning its military budget

If all you rats weren't leeching off the US they would have enough to fix their Healthcare.

Fucking hell. That's nigh on criminal behaviour, and a shocking disregard for the wellbeing of humans, the kind of thing you'd hope would be there for people who deal in healthcare.

Attached: 1525801216851.png (635x457, 302K)

I love when people on Yea Forums pretend they haven't heard of someone to seem cool and above it all.
Joel's a cool dude.

go ahead, try to reduce your military spending
see what happens to the first president that tries

Look at the OP, who was blaming a woman coming into Toady's life as being the problem. It was either a health care thread or a thread crying about roasties. I prefer the former.

No they would just send more to Israel.

the rigid funding systems are a problem pretty much everywhere
>government says one type of ambulance ride pays more than the other type for some retarded reason
>acts surprised when every hospital registers every single type of ambulance ride as the one that pays more

what i mean is he's obviously smart enough to plan ahead. i wish and expect it to sell extremely well, that twitter fag's attempt at trying to make people selling a product a case for why we need more socialism just pissed me off.

It's going to and has already infected every thread about the announcement that I've seen.

>for sale
I don't see a price tag.

>US military budget $686,074,048,00
>healthcare budget for Germany 338 billion, one of the biggest in Europe
???

>America's shield
LOL
That shield doesn't extend any further than your own corporate interests.

healthcare and pharma are ironically some of the least-humane businesses on the planet
there's more moral people in charge of oil companies these days

Square ascii

>Businesses shouldn't be allowed to make money
Cringe

Man, women uplift a lot of people in the US. Not all of us are bitter divorcees. However, healthcare... HEALTHCARE. Jesus. My wife had a baby six months ago and they only just recently stopped sending us bills. It costs thousands of dollars, and the whole process consisted of pain killers, two supervising nurses, and a hearing test. The hearing test alone cost us $200.

Healthcare will be the death of us all.

You think we are not aware? There is literally nothing we can do about it I refuse to pay for health insurance and I refuse to be forced to buy it I can't afford it without literally having two full-time jobs just in order to pay for the insurance and nothing else I would be working two jobs just for insurance

just get the lazy newb pack dude

having my military in full iron (still coulnd't get all the undergaments equipped, half socks galore but at least they finally got tehir armor on) for the first time and repelling a siege without traps was magical
then i kept hoarding the looted shit and at 20fps i called it quits

Attached: Military_flowchart.jpg (1156x3832, 436K)

Idt its been set yet. But apparently its gonna be $20

>it's another american can't understand that the average american pays more for medical care than any other country in the world episode

>healthcare
>keeping the people and workforce of your very country functional, healthy and alive
>business
The absolute STATE of the states

Attached: 1434332966419.jpg (453x500, 33K)

Sorry, thought you were American.

Attached: file.png (384x336, 108K)

Is your wife single

it's d t to cut trees down and I haven't played in 3 months.

Rimworld stands on the shoulders of giants and has a hard nose about money is why it makes tons of money. There are many different reasons why indie games sell

traps can be fun as well
first time I managed to flush a bunch of invaders into my crocodile moat I was grinning like an idiot

>bitter divorcees
Most people on Yea Forums never even had as much as friendship with a woman. All their "knowledge" about female people is shitposting from people who are as clueless as them.

>wanting big government
>wanting the government deciding who lives or dies
Imagine wanting to live in the world of 1984

US saved us with the Marshall Plan
we'll give something back, even if it means paying healthcare for anyone who can't

we're all gonna make it ;)

The sick and infirm should just die so they stop leeching off the working class.

You know cops carry guns right?

so we're going to somehow assume that a major corporation with vastly less public accountability will act more moral than the government?

>tfw not a burger
>tfw don't have to worry about paying for education
>tfw don't have to worry about paying for healthcare
>tfw don't have to even worry about working, the government will 100% support me until I can find a job
>tfw lowest tax income bracket doesn't even pay tax
>tfw I can afford to throw Toady a few extra hundred bucks this year to help his family out

Attached: LOL2CAT.jpg (450x300, 20K)

If only there were some people who had a loooooooot of money that weren't being taxed as heavily as you...oh wait. What would be even nicer is if we were spending way too much taxes on something that doesn't benefit the taxed citizens. Wait...our military budget is what??

some of my memories include
>playing for first time and picking an aquifer with fuck all stone
>first goblin raid fucking my shit up because i made ditches with drawbridges but forgot to get rid of the ramp on MY side of the ditch so they climbed up and broke in
>first time i got a ballista set up at my entrance
>first time a titan/monster invaded my base and was able to move through 1 z-level effectively bursting through the roof of my base and killing everyone
>first time i set up my trap room for my military and having hammer dwarves who weren't useless
>first time everything went right

depends on the country,
when it comes to France, the USA still owes them for bankrupting themselves during the american revolution

God I wish, burgers would vanish from Yea Forums overnight.

He's been on feminism in gaming panels in the past, this guy was sucked into the socjus machine years ago, and one of it's strongest powers is hypocrisy.

Why don't they just move to Europe? A place like Poland can be comfy to live in even if you're poor by US standards.

Yes, and I support our cops. Here's a video of a few cracking down on drugs by searching the hospital room of a patient with stage four pancreatic cancer for marijuana. youtube.com/watch?v=6h0CsPlDQ3I

There's a lot of stupid people out there swallowing all the lies their corporate overlords are shitting out

you're right and this is why i'm #YangGang2020

is the healthcare actually decent there? How do you go about getting surgery if you're not a citizen? I live on the coast and could probably fly there for cheap if I had to

That's not how it works, retard. Everyone gets to live if they want. Also
>American thinking he isn't ruled by a big government that decides who lives or dies
HAHAHAHA
You are not only extremely cucked by your government, they also support big corporations which cuck you even harder.

The majority of the sick and infirm of America WOULD be the working class if they could afford medical care.

wait a second this thread isnt about dwarf fortress

Friendly reminder this is who votes in your elections. Sometimes I have no choice but to believe that democracy was a mistake.

The military budget isn't even the biggest issue with US tax spending. It's discretionary, which is why you always hear about it. Whenever the budged comes up, our politicians can argue about how much discretionary spending goes into the military.

Healthcare spending, on the other hand, is mandatory. They can't control it, and pay whatever the programs say they need. Worse, they also passed laws at the behest of healthcare lobbyists that state government programs cannot negotiate prices, so any outrageous demand gets paid.

Fixing the healthcare system might actually save the US trillions over the long run, but that would also demolish the stock values of the healthcare companies, which would cost our politicians both their campaign money and their personal wealth.

Wait until toady announces the healthcare system in DF

we make shit like healthcare and education inordinately expensive to drive more people to the military because otherwise recruitment would drop by like 90%

sins of the fathers
we all have to move past these grievances

we're all gonna make it ;)

Who is listening to american patriotic music while reading this thread? It's pretty damn funny

Hello there Tim Sweeney

>unexpected healthcare costs
Wow, who knew that giving away a product for free all those years had FINANCIAL CONSEQUENCES.

>the USA still owes them for bankrupting themselves during the american revolution
We paid that out handling a kraut infestation you got

And it's sucked from day 1. Imagine being forced to buy any other kind of service.

>burger
Money for your socialist utopia free healthcare still comes from productive, taxpaying citizens.

if the USA owes nothing to France for the revolution, then europe owes nothing to the USA for the marshall plan

Sure, as long as we move past America saying they won WW2. That's in the past too, isn't it?

Dude I wish. Gamer tears aside, I'd gladly pay for their healthcare and treatments, maybe even invest in uploading their brains to a computer so DF can continue to be developed until the end of time.

well i haven't played in years so bite me. i mainly wanted to illustrate the thought process of playing the UI piano
good times

Attached: Taking a nice relaxing bath.png (1277x853, 69K)

This is hilariously the problem in Australia at the moment, no one wants to join the military when they already get free healthcare, free education, generous unemployment, or they can make 3-4x as much in the private sector.

None of whom frequent Yea Forums, hence my point, you'd all vanish.

I have an easy solution: privatize the military

I don't understand what enemies I'm looking at here with this tileset

rimworld is a fucking piece of crap for retards

Would Toady and his brother consider being adopted by Australians?

Attached: Toady.jpg (1181x964, 155K)

>Americans aren't down with leeching
They're down with betraying their empire purely because wickle baby didn't want to pay his taxes though.

WHY DOES IT LOOK SO UGLY. ARRRGG

I hate capitalism, everything should be free right communist brothers?

If you'd stop supporting healthcare policy that props up worthless wastes of oxygen, most of Yea Forums would also disappear. I'm glad we could come to an agreement.

it's literally rpg maker assets

AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE

you retarded? I'm american and even I can't unironically defend the healthcare system we have. It's just a bunch of pharma/insurance kikes bankrupting lining their pockets at our expense. We spend way more than everyone else and get worse results so they can make more profit. Why would you even try to defend that?

>it's literally rpg maker assets
No it's not.

>Empire denies you your rights as a citizen as defined in the Magna Carta
>whine about it because the colony kicks your asses out and becomes the sole global superpower while your country brexits itself into armageddon

Attached: 1529870621552.gif (500x606, 2.92M)

It's an original tileset and colaboration of Mayday and Meph (the faggot).

Normal DF just looks plain better. Why these shitty graphics, did he sell his soul?

I love capitalism, if you break your leg you should have dept collectors coming to your house to break the other one am I right goyim?

>Be colonial
>want to rape-murder natives
>rape-murder so much natives the home country tells you to quit it
>go apeshit

It'd be an easy sell.

Attached: Crayons.jpg (640x435, 60K)

So what's the fucking problem?

Are you unironically defending drug abuse because the "victim" is sick? Why don't you go buy heroin for the homeless then? We must not normalize drug abuse. We did with alcohol and look where that got us. Millions of alcoholics ruining their lives over a bottle.

>strawman
Does anything btfo americans as much as telling them how shit their healthcare system is?

American here, silently watching thread. Not that this place is indicative of much, it does let me know what latest Republican propaganda is being trickled down to this place.

>Heh, i look at letters moving around the screen
>That makes me the superior gamer

Seriously though. Is Tarn autistic?

Medicine is expensive. Deal with it. Universal healthcare just forces others to pay for your shitty life style

I'd say circumcision seems to light a fire under their asses too. Granted, it could be counted as "healthcare" if we stretch definions enough. Also dogs vs cats for some reason.

The saddest part is it has every right to make them angry, but they really need to learn to direct that anger towards the people that are fucking them, not the people pointing out that they're being fucked.

Shame, DF had so much potential. But if bay12 wants to kill it, fine.

You fortress offers free healthcare for your dorfs, right?

>realise that you're a bunch of smelly farmhands and slave traders fighting against the military
>need to cry to frogs for help to stand any semblance of a chance

Right. And its even more expensive in america

Probably a high functioning asperger. I mean, he's obsessed with numbers and organized perfection, typical of these creatures.

>live in shithole
>pay 50+% tax, calculated from my "super income" (my incomes 130%)
>pay 25% on every commodity purchase
>pay some more for online purchases
>steam and shit converts $ into euro 1 to 1, then euro to my weak as shit currency
>end up paying half my wage for single game
>still have free healtcare
>still can go to uni for free
>have the best and cheapest dentists and all of europe comes to visit to the point that dentistries have their own hotels for them to stay in
>if you aren't a fucking leach and are actually working or studying you get to travel basically for free
>niggas around me take this for granted and doesnt even consider that all this shit is where most of our taxes (fucking should) go, so they keep crying like bitches to lower it, which results in everything above going to shit, then they start complaing about that too, and in every cycle theres just more and more retarded and unsustainable shit getting implemented from which the current party gets rich, then the next one abadons it and starts their own scheme to get rich, and its at a breaking point

i wish i could pull the lever and jsut flood this shit

Attached: 1450277253163.jpg (1350x1359, 807K)

>go apeshit
>win

Attached: 1543965218422.gif (310x225, 2.93M)

I see Yea Forums and /int/ are merging again.

>*dies from an untreated infection*

Universal healthcare with a single payer option lets collective negotiations get prices down. Look at Germany, they have a mixed system and way less costs and the same standard of care

what a good goy

>go apeshit
>lose hard
>have 2 rival empires of the one you're rebelling against come and bail you out
>still barely win

>Urist Mcretard, the cheesemaker maimed by carps gets stitched up by adamantium strands
he already did.

>thinking that it's the (legal) drug he was using people are upset about
>rather than the invasive searching, shaky reasoning, and the terrible way they conducted themselves
This is why everyone in your life thinks you're a moron, bootlick.

Japan as well.

>still won

Attached: needsaname.png (810x515, 546K)

>Be American
>Have regular appointments with a doctor
>Can't afford to pay shit
>They have a charity care program just for that which completely covers everything except my fairly expensive prescription
>Even my bottom of the barrel-tier plan essentially covers that and you can also use sites like goodrx to get discounts
>Could also sign up for a state health plan if need be that provides really solid insurance
I'm sure people getting fucked over by the system happens, but in my experience and the experience of other people I know in other states, hospitals are generally willing to work with you when it comes to bills. One of my friends has literally called, said he couldn't afford to pay, and they told him it wasn't a problem and waived the fee. I believe public hospitals are also legally required to provide some form of charity care as well.

Attached: 1536973113172.jpg (640x386, 48K)

BTFO

Sure, if you don't mind that your surgeon is actually a butcher who is constantly shitfaced on mushroom wine

Or water.

You mean the french won after they bankrupted themselves.

The city I live in has no tolerance for that because its population is greater than that of most countries.

>Cops were respectful and explained everything
>Junkie freaks out and starts provoking them
>This is apparently the fault of the gentlemen who politely examines him stuff.
Kek, you junkies are all the same.

No I'm pretty sure the colonies that successfully declared their independence and rose to become the sole global superpower won.

The fact that you said "stage 4 pancreatic cancer" is what clues people in that you're trolling. Not for the fact of it, but because you didn't dismiss his condition as flippantly as you could have.

If American state aid can fund the healthcare of other countries, why the hell can't they find the funds to solve their own?

vive la france

Yeah except Republicans who brag about that shit also shit all over new england and the rest of the east coast states as liberal cuckfag commie fortresses hell bent on taking down the rest of "Real" America (tm).

>lose a war
>bitch about the winning side cheating

I don't think American understand that literally every other Western nation spends less on healthcare, both by pure spending and by percentage of tax money.
And yet they still DEFEND the fact that they have to pay MORE.
Goooooooodamn if this ain't some kind of propaganda brainwashing

Genuine question, but does anyone know of a first world nation that actually has a worse healthcare system than the US?
I mean it's a tough ask given there are literally third world nations with better healthcare, but surely there's someone worse than the US, right?

What tileset?

How does the Hippocratic Oath of always acting in a patient's best interest mesh with turning poor patients into your eternal debtors?

>start a war with a bunch of third world rice farmers wielding shitty makeshift copies of weapons that were nearly half a century old
>still lose

More than half of America is fat. Someone else can pay for that shit.

I'd only accept universal healthcare is if it was illegal to be fat or old.

No the French definitely won that war for you. Kinda like how you retards like to claim you won WWII

>You think we are not aware? There is literally nothing we can do about it
You could vote left.

you stupid fucking idiot did you even look at the steam page, there are like 8 real tilesets 5 being fucking shit dumb bitch faggot

Denmark has a 60% mortality rate for prostate cancer which barely anyone in the US dies from

Nope, US is the worst by far, not only that but it manages to be the most expensive per patient whilst also giving the worst care per patient and costing the individual the most.

Attached: FirstWorld.jpg (175x602, 25K)

>You are not only extremely cucked by your government, they also support big corporations which cuck you even harder.
You realise the EU is effectively selling your country in order to keep the labour market saturated and the corporations in business right? Congrats.

nigga they are not mandated to not help them, they just don't want to

Because we're tasked with protecting the world from far worse nations. That said, we could stop paying for your shit and pull the funds into healthcare, that'd fix it, but then you'd complain how we betrayed you by not giving you handouts.. It's literally why Europe is so butthurt, because we demand they start paying just 2% of their gross income to support NATO

they don't, when in fact they too, are shitfaced on mushroom wine.

being sober is a punishment worse than death

Attached: 1534149562813.png (500x743, 149K)

Instead of fighting the powers that be, lets just make fun of eachother. You have more in common with a cucked yurpoor than you do with your "leaders"

And the alternative is dying waiting for treatment because there's an endless conga line of shit skins with headaches and bumped elbows in the system, and the state is hoping you'll die before they have to drum up money to save you because they took the money you paid in taxes (50% and up depending on how pozzed your country is) and used it to build a statue of a horsecock because they were banking on you dying before they had to make good on all the "free" shit they promised. Trying to fix the American healthcare system is like fixing malaria by giving yourself sickle cell anemia.

t. Canadian

>it manages to be the most expensive per patient whilst also giving the worst care per patient and costing the individual the most.
Well, you know the saying. Freedom isn't free.

>we're tasked with protecting the world

By whom?

god herself

So the reason you kill your own citizens is so that Europe doesn't whine. Right.

So where's the problem?

>4.2x bigger population
>4.2x more homeless
wow you sure showed him

Guess who goes in to the free clinic because of any mystery ache or pain?
"System that's the problem" you say, but the US has different parts. You'll find out soon enough yourself at the rate things are going though.

Oh. I didn't realise.

So this is supposed to be that game that is literally pain incarnate, right?

>They will, however, cover a fuck ton of pain medication.
Genuinely, why aren't pharma execs on death row?

Surely people can see this. How hard would it be for a president to announce a state of emergency over the opioid crisis, announce all private flights out of the country were grounded until further notice, and then arrest the sons of bitches who run these companies until they realize that they need to hold greater values than profit?

>Freedom isn't free

Attached: Freedom aint free.png (1650x1250, 171K)

all of you fucking freeloaders.

you systematically cut all of your militaries to pay for your ever-expanding welfare states, then cry and whine when america goes out to prevent you from being ripped to pieces by the wolves on the border, alternating between crying about american interventionism and crying FOR american interventionism every 20 years.

My wife is a family doctor, so if I need anything checked I go to her.

Better learn to speak russian or arabic.

post the twister version

As an American i'd love a healthcare system like Australia or New Zealand, but the reality is it wouldn't work here.

We have too many obese fat fucks, to many niggers and illegal mexicans etc to realistically support such a system. The burden would be unreal.

>we're tasked with protecting the world
>American thinks his country is planet earth's good guys
Kool-Aid = drunk.

Israel.

Also by "the world" we mean Israel.

By the screenshots, it looks like it's going to have updated tilesets that are actually decipherable without mods, so that's kinda cool.

Attached: 1543622863143.png (557x522, 305K)

>tfw no cute doctor-wife

Attached: 1549889779015.jpg (400x286, 23K)

I'm forever amazed that US citizens haven't started indiscriminately topping the execs responsible for destroying your nation.

>lived in mexico
>get health coverage for being employed or being a student
>its shit but its something
>luckily there are also private clinics, which give me the Freedom To Choose based on my budget and needs.
>cost of private healthcare varies as the market provides low cost healthcare to compete with the public sector, and nice rich people hospitals for those who wish to spend
>go to america
>pay for insurance
>need to go to clinic
>apparently the insurance doesn’t cover it, despite having asked beforehand if it did
>have to pay twice for the same thing
You need to have some sort of stockholm syndrome to think that public health insurance is some evil Venezuelan breadline communism bullshit.

THe country believes that tyranny is only the things which you can shoot a gun at, everything else is okay.

I'm a Euro, let us whine if it means having functional health care coverage for your citizenship.

Christ, you'd barely have to downsize the military in the first place.

So are we really going to bash boogie about his choice of gamer fuel?

Are you REALLY surprised? Didn't you see what happened to the Germans when they tried?

You're implying that Americans know anything about history.

You arent canadian. Thats not at all how the system works. But keep spouting the memes your fellow retarded americans spout

Grog wave stick at Market!
Market give shiny rock!
All hail Market!

Our politicians are the ones spouting that public health insurance is socialist garbage. I don't think they believe what they are saying, they aren't all complete retards. They're just paid enough through "donations" from these massive pharma companies to act like they are believing the shit they are saying.

Money in politics is legalized corruption.

>come in expecting Dorf Fort thread
>Amerilard healthcare arguments

Attached: 1551830175606.gif (480x360, 2.66M)

Cool I can finally understand what's going on in the game!

You know what downsizing says? It says "we're weak as shit now, plz invade"
We can't afford to lose face when Russia and China is building up their armies for future wars.

That transition through a pile of bananas scrolling through the screen is kino.

I'm implying they damn well know that part. They have classes on it.

>OP wants a thread about hating women under the guise of being a Dorf thread
>gets a flame war about americanisms and healthcare
Only on forwardslashveeforwardslash - The Feverdream.

Attached: 1408134239592.gif (450x120, 652K)

i see no problem with this

embracing capitalism to pay for the fruits of such a system, good on him

>Russia is building up their armies for future wars.

Attached: 928743547[1].jpg (600x450, 30K)

I wonder which thread would have been worse. The one we have right now or one about hating women?

>China is building up their armies for future wars
Russia maybe, but China? You don't understand the Chinese state's practice. Worst they'll go for is Taiwan and then back to brutally policing their own citizenship.

This

>*calling doctor* at 9AM, they open 8AM
>I'm sorry we are out of times, call again the next day :3
>*calling doctor* at 8.30AM next day
>I'm sorry we are out of times, call again the next day :3
>*calling doctor* at 8.02 AM next day
>hello what seems to be the problem?
>*explains*
>okay, we don't have any times availible this week, how about *date three weeks from now*
>sure whatever...
>*three weeks later* get to the doctors place
>wait in the waiting room for ~45-60 minutes even though you booked a time
>hmm... try this cream and come back in two weeks if it didn't resolve itself
>doesn't resolve itself
>repeat from top until you die from cancerous aids infestation

What pissed me off the most was when that one asshole who’s name sounds like ayn rand called public healthcare slavery, and then went to a publicly funded hospital in Canada to get a hernia fixed or something. At least stand by the bullshit you preach.

It's funny that you actually think world politics work this way.

Attached: df.png (400x285, 156K)

inb4 it'll be free to play

Each and every one of us is slowly but steadily declining until we die of some malady or mishap. This becomes more obvious the older one grows.

>future wars
If any of those major players are engaging in war, it's going nuclear. Look at North Korea, it's a puny little shitstain yet can keep the most powerful economic and military giant at bay with the threat of nuclear warfare.

forgot to add, Sweden. Literally what it's like.

Clapistani healthcare is the reason Dorf Fort is on Steam in the first place

Almost all the money goes into corporate contracts. Its happened on more than one occasion where military has stated they have too many fucking tanks. Park 1 of our many destroyers and build a few dozen hospitals. Or fuck it. Don't downsize the military spending at all, just spend more of it infantry wages. I'd be happy with that at least. No, its going into corporate pockets, it barely even gets seen on the field.

At least half of this country believes in Creationism.

>still being scared of Ruskies

A woman costs money. A lot.

Vietnam, Cambodia, Tibet, and literally every SEA nation begs to differ.
That said, i wonder why Mongolia isn't scared. Never heard Mongolia having issues with China, when it seems logical that they'd get assway fucked, if not for territory, but out of historic revenge.

wtf I love corrupt burger corporations now

Why is lobbying legal?

You separate church and state as not to allow undue influence in a secular society - but business, whose explicit motive is the pursuit of profit above all else, is allowed to essentially bribe politicians in open view?

>Implying
We only let them exist to avoid innocent South Korean lives lost (the people who'd actually would suffer), as well as avoiding to provoke China and causing almost a billion deaths as we destroy their nation.

I think Mongolia is pretty much just a bunch of barren nothing. They'd probably gain from being conquered by China, why would China bother?

>imaginationlet detected

Attached: 1404737519278.png (485x709, 37K)

Business is allowed to influence the government but the government influencing business is communism, because businesses also make our textbooks and media.

Attached: 1539974939418.png (800x439, 185K)

>At least half of this country believes in Creationism.
And the other half believes a different form of it. At least the former has some justification, even if it is stupid.

The one politician to talk about getting rid of money in politics had his nomination stolen from under him by Hillary Clinton. I hated a lot of positions of Bernie Sanders but he absolutely had that one thing right.

It's legal because our politicians let it be legal, why would you pass laws that would end up cutting a major part of your cash flow that comes from these businesses?

Honest to god, no exaggeration, the existence of this post fucking scares me.

>And the other half believes a different form of it
you what

>why would China bother?
are there exploitable resources there?

Horse Archers.

Yup. Major banks caused a financial crisis that brought the entire global economy into a recession. What did they get as punishment? A bailout. Because they're "too big to fail".

>They'd probably gain from being conquered by China, why would China bother?
Well, whats there in Tibet except mountain tourism ?

Such as?

Those yurts look hella comfy

Isn't this why the right to bear's arms exist?

Riddle me this, I have my own chess league (CHESS). Am I equality?

>World goes to shit when it runs out of fossil fuel
>Horse archery suddenly the most dangerous shit ever
Mongolia will rise again, just you wait and see!

youtube.com/watch?v=GiBF6v5UAAE

its so underdeveloped, that it basically acts as a moat for any army to cross.

throat singers

Americans don't think economic tyranny is a thing.

That's fucking hilarious.

Hang the entire 0.1% desu. Also all politicians.

Attached: 1527815845715.jpg (634x482, 110K)

This. Arent most russians just inbred snow monkeys?