YIKES

YIKES

Attached: 1552493072701.jpg (1000x1000, 90K)

KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1539887002777s.jpg (250x140, 8K)

Zoinks

Why do people buy Funko?
Surely people aren't blind, they can see these look like shit, right?

My exact fucking thoughts

I asked my friend who's been buying them since high school, and he says he just likes the look of them.
People who buy this garbage aren't concerned with quality. They want the ebin matching molded "nerd" figures lining their shelves.

Collectors genuinely have mental issues. They start deriving worth from their collection of meaningless trash.

Is this the reason why the new starters have big blobheads?

Aren't they supposed to NOT have mouths? I fucking hate these things but at least they were consistent with their look of "cube, two dots, triangle, hair, body".

these are the same people who think detective pikachu doesn't look like shit either.
nu-males have no taste and will buy whatever's shilled to them with nostalgia.

how about this 1?

Attached: 3ad5ae1c42609145.jpg (1001x1001, 91K)

Those seem like two separate thoughts, user. Most of the nostalgiafags have been blasting Detective Pikachu with "not muh" complaints.

Attached: 1430082503469.jpg (680x515, 63K)

People who buy these are "collectors" that enjoy buying sets of stuff that look the same, they line them up on shelves/hoard them in a storage unit because it's satisfying to them somehow.

My ex-gf's brother had literally hundreds of these and was in debt, he was an actual hoarder and couldn't stop buying them.

Attached: 61JNCow98nL._SX425_.jpg (425x303, 18K)

This shit looks like a McDonalds toy. But an old one that has been lost for years.
It doesn't even look new while inside the fucking box.

now go buy them all you retarded goy

>Yikes
What retard did everybody start copying to the point that this word got so popular? I hate it.

They think someone will pay x5 the original price of the funko. I went to gamestop 2 years ago and saw of these people with their phone out trying to price check every funko on the wall trying to find a rare one

Just like fine China boomers bought it didn’t even use or unbox the fine China thinking it would be a fucking investment and now their own children are goina throw them out when they inherit it.

Same with funkos I guess if you can flip em now do it but the millenials don’t have a generation that is going to go crazy over funkos and pay marked up prices for shit toys same with the video game collectors, lego, etc

This. Call me when they get the johto and Hoenn starters

Y I K E S

Attached: funkosquidward__93175.1519973523.jpg (1000x714, 111K)

As collectables go, they are extremely cheap compared to the vast majority. Granted you get what you pay for, but some people would just rather drop $10-15 on a Pop then spend $50+ shipping on something like a Nendo or a scale. There's also the fact that Funko buys up licenses like candy, so there's a Pop for virtually every character or property under the sun at this point. It's easy to find better-looking alternatives for Charmander, but when you want something from, say, Twin Peaks or Nightmare on Elm Street, a Pop might be your only option.

>eyes are fully open on the box art
>actual figure has sad eyes
What did they mean by this?

who is this person? I keep seeing this pic around but no clue who this eceleb is

Attached: poppicklericklimblessdp__00940.1529519608.jpg (534x501, 56K)

>$50+ shipping
Where are you buying from where it costs that? Most nendoroids are only like $30, and you can get them shipped for like $8 as well.
>something from, say, Twin Peaks or Nightmare on elm street, a Pop might be your only option
The neca figures are just about $20 though.

The ones based on robot characters tend to be fine.

Attached: funko_pop_robot_vinyls_l.jpg (960x540, 144K)

Source on the pic OP?
Google can't find it.

Why can't people buy at least semi-decent figures?

Attached: IMG_0137.jpg (768x1024, 648K)

Attached: DF4FVD-XcAQwNHx.jpg (1200x854, 102K)

The ones that are monsters that don't have the standard round eyes are usually alright enough as well.
Not great, but not complete dogshit like the human ones are.

Attached: funko%20pop%20dark%20crystal%20chamberlain.jpg (1200x857, 204K)

Jesus fuck

I'm glad I was at least able to get all the Akibarangers, but fuck was my Figuarts phase a huge money sink.

Some twitter shit as usual.

Normalfags aren't going to spend the price of an average figure when they can buy a cheap bobblehead for a tenth of the price.

Please don't condemn any more mons to this fate.

Attached: 1492983682553.png (600x450, 64K)

a random nintentuber with like 30k subs.

>a tenth
Most of the shit they're posting is $18-$35 at the higher end.
Shit's just 1/3rd to 1/2 the price, stop exaggerating.

brand recognition + no taste

I assumed most of this shit was like $10. And there are certainly figures that cost over $200.

Yeah, but the figure shelf he posted doesn't have any particularly expensive figures.
You can get most of the less popular ones for like $8 at this point, $5 if one of them goes on a deep discount.

if only they'd fix the fucking eyes

Post dead Laura Palmer.

That actually looks pretty good for a Pop

I might have to get it. Lord knows there isn't enough Dark Crystal merchandise

Attached: 1547658874310.png (700x700, 276K)

There have been a few good Funko pops released. The ones I always see in these threads are the generic shit ones which is to be expected but when they put effort it surprises me when compared to the ones you see in stores. Shame the majority are fucking horrid and I feel shitty for defending anything with the Funko Pop brand on them

Attached: 81ad0BNBdIL._SX425_.jpg (425x507, 32K)

>Why can't people buy at least semi-decent figures?
Because if you buy those figures, youre an ugly fat neckbeard nerd, while if ou byu pops youre a cool popular and smart "nerd", at least this is wat casual moron thinks, all because of that garbage of Big Bang Theory that made nerd culture mainstream and popular.

Looks cute enough for a fat load to be blown all over it. ;)

Attached: funko pop television twin peaks laura palmer in plastic wrap action figure2.jpg (1200x857, 149K)

Attached: 1545540896262.gif (178x256, 1.78M)

>You can see her panties
NICE

Zoomer memes. Just ignore them.

Attached: 1508448512917.jpg (236x326, 67K)

A faggot youtuber that fell victim too /vp/'s autistic rage when LGPE were announced.

My dad bought me a bebop funko and its kinda cool. They're cheap as fuck as far aa figs go so it's not a huge deal.

>panties
wasnt she naked in the series?