'83 COLD WAR GONE HOT

youtu.be/1u9oyFkXca4

Attached: file.png (976x516, 563K)

Other urls found in this thread:

83thegame.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>more automatic weapons

Attached: 1549915887157.jpg (720x519, 19K)

Oh boy, more shootouts in generic industrial facilities!
Why the fuck would you make this if you're not gonna set it in places like France or Greece?

looks good, hope it gets somewhere

Attached: 1551543656890.png (557x603, 233K)

>Not soviet afghan war
>Not Korea

Into the trash it goes

>dat muzzle 1 frame flash

Attached: 14676904116995.gif (245x184, 1.32M)

Looks like hot garbage

>no steam logo on the announcement
god please don't make me install epic launcher,
or worse not buy the game at all

>that muzzle flash
the fuck

Euro Dance

What a waste. What reason is there to play this over nam, insurgency, or squad?

>that muzzle flash
hahahaha what the fuck
also

Also this. Stale as fuck. I’m seriously let down.

is this the best cold war game ever made?

Attached: resistance.jpg (418x500, 50K)

Could be good, but then again ... i see no steam logo, that = 'don't even bother' in my book.

Possibly

LITERALLY REUSING CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS WEAPON SOUND

ALSO THAT MUZZLE FLASH

Attached: 20003798-85B0-403B-87B8-EE7D330F55AC.jpg (748x756, 199K)

>that mission where you get shot down by the russians and they capture you, and if you don't escape fast enough the spetznatz will drive you out to the middle of nowhere and execute you

>83
>not fighting in Berlin
>no russians airdropping into France
>not invading Vatican
what the fuck how could they fuck up so bad literally why would you create some generic as fuck map

I remember RS2fags shitting all over Sandstorm and this is what they bring now? Kek

Attached: 41256236236.jpg (800x600, 308K)

>tfw world in conflict FPS never ever

Attached: 143107-world-in-conflict-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x798, 173K)

>bunch of retards sitting out in the open shooting at the ground
>all this served by extremely subpar graphics

I have a feeling your game is gonna be shit OP

Why they never made a spiritual sequel baffles me. It was always popular online and it sold well.

>le 80's vaporwave aesthetic
i wonder how many seconds it took for them to come up with this

Attached: 83.png (1748x865, 310K)

I really wish this is early development gameplay cause that muzzle flash is some whacky shit.

Other than that, I'm pretty excited for this. RS2 is a great FPS game and I have high expectations for this

Attached: 1524689535202.jpg (494x500, 133K)

i hope they add grain elevator

yes, but team leading is fucked up in those games

It was fun, but RO was never supposed to be about small infantry maps. It was supposed to be combined arms battles. Somewhere in the middle of current RS and squad.

It's a persistent game which isn't common. The only games like that are Foxhole or Planetside out of the top of my head

Yeah, more specifically the FN FAL.

do you have any idea what sound effect libraries are?

I have been waiting for a game set in a '80 WW3 since World in conflict, i just hope Antimatter learned from RS2 vietnam abd doesn't fuck this up.

Attached: 1499384326733.jpg (1200x1826, 338K)

80+ players
cold war gone hot
air and ground vehicles
persistant war that affects future development
Granted it is very early days I think, I'll reserve proper judgement until we get to alpha stage.

>theres only going to be 1 map and they showed the only map in a trailer that is clearly pre-alpha

Tripwire isn't developing this game, only publishing

Did your mother drank heavily during pregnancy or were you dropped as a kid? Trying to figure out how someone could be as dimwitted as you.

Look these "dude what if Battlefield was good" wars have been fun but Tripwire pretty clearly ran away with it
You spend too much of your time in Insurgency camping doorways

I really wonder if Antimatter is up to this task, idk how big they are but it seems like a pretty big undertaking with everything they are saying, if they don't have like 20 people at least this game
is fucked.

why do they let antimatter make these games, rs2 was trash compared to red orchestra

>alpha stage
Aka release

I missed this. Now I’m interested.

Same deal as RS2

So it's escalation1985.com except not vaporware? What engine are they using on the trailer UEIV?

Except they aren't publishing, Tripwire logo is nowhere to be found anywhere for this game.

>'83 © Antimatter Games Ltd. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games Inc. Unreal® Engine

Attached: 1494194889585.png (327x316, 211K)

WOah wtf you mean they are using Unreal 4 engine oh god oh no

>Tripwire isn't publishing
You just know this shit will be exclusive to Epic Store

Considering the premise, the trailer really fails to capture the wide range of potentiality that the setting offers, at least from the gameplay alone. If I want a game about a fictional WW3, I want to see fighting in Western Europe, Korea, Cuba, etc. not generic factories from Counterstrike.

Doesn't look too good in comparison with the Rising Storm 2 trailer.
I really hope this turns out well, AMG did well with Rising Storm 2 (and will continue development of RS2 for this current year)
Lets hope Epic will give enough funds to AMG to do well.

Attached: 1546663810222.jpg (769x1078, 131K)

>83'
>cold war kino back on the menu bois
>world in conflict fps starts to show in my mind
>video plays
>some generic facility
>those fucking muzzle flashes
Seriously, why don't show the invasion of west berlin or shit people would actually care about because these places exist in real life and people know them?

yes

seems decent enough for a early alpha teaser and this doesnt seem like going full vaporware just yet like Escalation 1985

I don't think a multiplayer FPS can really show how devastating the combined arms meatgrinder would've been. West Berlin never would have held out long, but fights over cities like Hanover or Hamburg would have resulted in incredible amounts of death while the armored forces drove around them to outmaneuver the enemy. Let's not even get started on Essen/Düsseldorf/Dortmund, with the highest population density in Germany.

Attached: 1533439785630.jpg (1500x1022, 619K)

>epic games store only
Dropped

fucking this, cold war gone hot would've been a fucking catasrophe on a huge scale
Red Army by Ralph Peters gives a decent insight on how shit was fucked up in West Germany and nearby countries.

Attached: 1545092899209.jpg (303x476, 27K)

It will be literally DoA then. Those games lose players fast as hell even on Steam. If it releases on Epic Store then it will never have any players to lose in the first place.

My main problem with that book is how gullible people are to the incredibly obvious Soviet propaganda about the "NATO-bombarded" town

One day we will get computers powerful enough to run a game like this. one day

Attached: 368527589.jpg (720x405, 106K)

Well, that would probably be an operational level game that could be zoomed in to view the tactical battles.

Attached: 1537086560971.jpg (738x548, 62K)

One thing they hinted at in source 3 (before it got memory holed) that I always wanted in games was real time terrain and building deformation. Not that retarded battlefield gimmick. But red faction 1 tier but on modern engines. Imagine a city battle with physics like that.

You'd need thousands of players to get enough coverage for more than a few blocks due to it being a three-dimensional space

>Not that retarded battlefield gimmick.
Frostbite can do that, technically. Ground deformation was in BC1 IIRC, but nerfed due to consoles. They removed it in BC2 and onward due to gameplay concerns.

Buildings in 5 are able to be repaired/hole'd like Red Faction and AFAIK don't have the canned building animation collapse like BC2 and the others had.

whats kinda neat, in the website 83thegame.com the "loading screen" shows a name of Aldrich Ames which is a former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) officer turned KGB double agent, who was convicted of espionage in 1994
i wonder why they included him, maybe just an easteregg

Will it have pic related?

If not then I wont bother.

Attached: 1552213787380.jpg (550x550, 71K)

Yea I know. I remember the original frostbite reveal tech demo. They won’t let mods happen though. So fuck em. At least source was modded to high hell and back, source 3 could give us some delicious new games.

>Buildings in 5 are able to be repaired/hole'd like Red Faction and AFAIK don't have the canned building animation collapse like BC2 and the others had.
They are the exact same as BC2, just have slightly more granular destruction. There is no canned building collapse because buildings don't collapse at all. The terrain deformation is in all battlefield games since BC1, it's just been nerfed a lot so there's no longer digging massive pits using grenades and such but it's pretty boring now.

I'm still mad that these niggers killed the Red Orchestra series.

>ivan removed the crown from the polish owl to remind them daily they are a slave of the USSR
oof

It’s alive and well you idiot.

>it's yet another multiplayer-only historical fps where everyone dies in one hit and the entire game is based on the idea of a server full of random people working together as a team
Love the setting, but this kills all my enthusiasm.

Attached: 1552245896673.png (579x585, 403K)

Works for squad 70% of the time

yeah i distinctly remember people building deep ass foxholes in the bf3 beta, and that's when it got nerfed the most. it was still there enough that you could take cover in craters, but due to map design changes i don't think it was as much of a factor in bf4 and onward

Boring

Attached: 1543439874910.png (186x160, 73K)

I havent given a shit about a modernish or modern shooter since BF4. No game has come close since.

Mean enough to let them have parades like this lmao

>more automatic weapons
>maps nowhere as big to make the guns work well
>its another arcade shit like RS2
nah

Attached: __original_drawn_by_erica_naze1940__479dd2d53e42cf3ee10a1ed4320aada0.png (1000x1414, 1.7M)

why is the IRA attacking soviets at the beginning of the video?

fuck yes, it's FAL~kun's time to shine again

Attached: 1443899653736.jpg (491x575, 80K)

>RS2
>Arcade
Is that why overwatch and codbabbies have been trying to change our game for two years now?

Teamwork can exists in RS2 as long the team has a competent Commander that bothers to use a mic, more the one i have seen teams of randos smash the enemy team just because of a good commander in Rising storm 1 and 2 (Good god those coordinated banzai charges, i miss them).

You don't die in one hit in squad unless it's a headshot or a large caliber.

Apparently it's NATO vs Warsaw pact.

>No more WiC
>No more Ground Control
>Massive got cucked by Ubisoft and forced to make looter shooters

It's not fair bros.

>tfw bannon

Attached: 1456496547713.jpg (627x550, 143K)

Tiresome post

>no sequel with more european battles and improved infantry combat
just fuck my shit up

Attached: WiCPWP2.jpg (300x246, 33K)

>it's possible to herd cats if you yell at them enough
I guess.

What is nuclear deterrence?
Oh, it's a historical fantasy game?

Attached: 12ce37b2beb211546ec45733dd58691808c36122142edf76b9e056a5b1c6016a.jpg (600x456, 301K)

Well, still better than no teamwork at all like in Battlefield.

I dont see how any of this is a bad thing

Is there campaign or no? At this point any FPS with an actual story mode has my money

It’s ok, you know instead of expanding the scope, they would just scale it down and turn it into a moba or something like Dawn of war three or command and conquer 4

It’s better we have good memories

Probably not, I think only ro2 had a campaign and Im not sure how many people played it.

Are western devs creatively bankrupt?

Goddamit bannon, quit your bitching.

Do you remember Russia and the US fighting directly during the cold war?

Obvious shillthread, still I liked the trailer, very nice 80's aestetics

any word on mininun requirements? I want to know if its toaster friendly

WiC had some fucking Kino art design. Every level looked beautiful.

>you will never take smalltown America with inf
>you will never dump an mlrs salvo into a Seattle skyscraper
>you will never roll across the French countryside with a squad of t72s
>you will never napalm a hilly Italian coastal village
>you will never nuke a commieblock

Goddamit the feels

this is just WiC as a shooter

Ue4, so probably not toaster tier.

Man MP was so fucking fun in WiC.
I wish someone would make a spiritual successor for it.

Are we actually getting a single player FPS? About damn time.

Alternatively it's competing with WWIII and battlefield, which I can't imagine is a winning move, although I salute them for trying and eagerly expect to hear more.

>thread about 83
>it's actually a WiC thread
based

Attached: WiC_M05_Bannon.jpg (900x540, 45K)

i know it sounds dumb but one of the reasons i enjoyed these games is because they were set during actual historical events. why couldn't they have just used actual conflicts from the cold war, like korea, afghanistan, agleria, and the falklands war?

It's a multiplayer game.

What is your favorite maxed WiC load out?

4 abrams/ t72 for me of course

Sometimes I would mix it up with Bradley’s.

Hot war part is fictional.
Hot war not escalating into MAD almost instantly is pushing my suspension of disbelief way far.

>Korea
basically WW2
>afghanistan
it's like every 2005-2015 modern warfare game except with a russian coat of paint
>algeria
won't sell
>falklands
barely a fight

None of those feature large scale fighting with iconic 80's gear

stop using bolt actions

Attached: ian.png (199x235, 69K)

What if they already nuked each other in the game? That won't stop the conventional forces from fighting

I'll probably like it more than RS2 since every map won't be a gay jungle.

We all want Iran Iraq war

>MAD
stupid normie meme

>T72
They were T80Us but I agree

Iran Iraq war
Rhodesia
Serbia/Kosovo
Israel wars
South America dirty wars
Eastern euro revolutions

>Iran Iraq war
sandniggers vs sandniggers, i guess the human waves and swamp battles might be pretty cool
>Rhodesia
too controversial
>Serbia/Kosovo
barely a war
>Israel wars
might work
>South America dirty wars
no one cares
>Eastern euro revolutions
barely any fighting

Nukes aren't real. If they were we'd surely have seen them used multiple times by now, as they are simply too powerful/convenient not to use.

Iran Iraq war was fucking crazy

Fully deployed chemical weapons, scud rain, human wave rushes etc.

Sandniggers vs. Sandniggers is cool as heck.

explain chernobyl then

>they are simply too powerful to use
ftfy

Heavy tanks were overpowered. Big damage, big range, big armor, big HP. Put a repair tank next to it and it's invincible.
Heavy-anything were OP compared to lighter variants, really. Artillery and Helicopters especially comes to mind as well.

No nuclear weapons were involved.

If something as silly as ethics mattered in war then there's a lot of shit we've seen throughout history that wouldn't have happened.

It's not about ethics, it's about self-preservation. Not "if I push this button everyone dies" but "if I push this button I die". Makes me wonder though how we got so far without some madman actually doing it.

GONE SEXUAL

Considering how much trouble antimatter had just making RS2 stable using code from Tripwire despite having developed RS already I'm not too optimistic. They are talking making the whole thing from scratch.. It'll take two to three years at least and might never come out.

The USA has been at war with powers all over the world, USSR too for that matter, which had no means of retaliation. Yet no nukes were deployed.
You'd think that you could make lesser nations' governments fall in line by saying "do as we say, or you die" and then nuking them when they don't.
A more modern example is Israel, which hasn't nuked Iran despite them being warlike and hateful enough to do it, and them being Jews means there will be no diplomatic repercussions. Iran has no ally to protect them either.

The Wargame series is made by the World in Conflict devs.

Well, using nukes is basically a political suicide.

>Not single player squad based tactics game, just generic shooter.

Yep, that's a yikes from me.

>Defeat your enemies without sending young men to die
>Political suicide
You're retarded. Americans will cheer on the government for nuking Iran, North Korea or China. Similarly will Israelis their government for nuking Iran. The only reason it doesn't happen is because nukes aren't real, at least not the wonder weapons you've been taught to believe in.

Looks boring, there's lots of cool scenery they could have used for a coldwar era shooter but they chose the generic underground silos and warehouses we've seen a billion times already in other shooters.

AI companions are always retarded in those kind of games in my experience.

Algeria was also even less of a fight than Falklands. The weapon the algerians hsd the most of was double barreled shotguns. They were slaughtered like fish in a barrel every time they tried anything. And I don't mean Vietcong slaughtered. I mean "us army 2003 vs fillip rebels 1899" slsughtered

>AI companions
>squad based tactics game

Are you retarded?

Attached: 1550043411438.gif (320x251, 2.18M)

>Single player
>Squad based
The only way this doesn't involve AI companions is if we aren't talking about an FPS.

also this trailer was made almost entirely using stock assets. it's likely they have very little work actually done on this project

how come the french gave up algeria then?

>What is XCom/Jagged Alliance/Silent storm/Xenonauts/7.62 High Calibre/phantom doctrine/etc

Didn't Massive Entertainment become Ubisoft Massive, who then developed The Division?

>the CoD black ops campaign but with actual good gameplay, ai, and design
I'm down for that

Not First Person Shooters. What's wrong with you?

>not trashing everyone with Nugget

>gave up
Funny way of spelling "become".

>first person wargame

hype

Attached: 1448125835605.gif (315x258, 650K)

Looks like WW3 all over again, and what happen with that?

I wanted Kuwait :^(

Is it out yet?

WiC is wargame for babbies

Attached: A-10 nosound.webm (600x336, 2.91M)

That it's a generic shooter was my original complaint, you dense fuck. Tuen on your fucking brain before you post, ffs.

A10 is the strongest attacker in the game, right?
>Lots of HP
>Decent ECM
>Six strong and accurate missiles
>Gun that will tear light vehicles apart

As much as I would love in cold war setting, another pvp mp game? Nah, I will pass.
Also, that cartoon muzzle flash, straight out of tf2.

I'd be happy with something as simple as RS3 with the cold war finish, since RS2 was cheap as shit on release (20-30 dollars, I forget how much but 30 max). I am still hopeful we'll get Red Orchestra 3 but tripwire seems more interested in being a producer than developer now.

Algeria was a case that the French 100% truly did win everything but the war. The bullet point issues are:

1) French foreign policy pissed off the rest of the world with stuff like, and I may have the details wrong but something about forcing the Moroccan King's private jet down at missile point to kidnap-arrest a moderate Algerian resistance figure. The King was not on the jet but it would be akin to Russia kidnapping Juan Guaido from the president of Columbia's jet.

2) Pied-Noir (White Algerians) extremists tried something like 2 coup d'etats against the French State, which pissed off the French and deprived them of support for "Algeria is part of Metropolitan France"

3) De Gaulle pretty much just threw Algeria to the FLN but I am forgetting what his rationale was. It wasn't being a kikkomanboy because De Gaulle was the biggest Francophile French nationalist imaginable. The faggot spent more political effort 'fighting' the British and Americans in WW2 than the Nazis because he wanted to make sure France was a great power after the war. His entire foreign policy, Gaullism, is about making France the hegemon of the unaligned powers.

One last post/remark

>not enjoying both
fucking pleb

Looks like shit
>le 80s memewave asthetic
instant trash
>by the same fags that make other casual as fuck games such as reddit storm 2
who cares at this point? i want a good setting with actuall elements of realism when people claim they're realistic. looks really generic as fuck too.
and why the fuck are they showing this shit off when it looks nowhere near completion? is generating hype years before something releases the next big thing?

Why would you come into a thread about a company making multiplayer FPS games, announcing another multiplayer FPS game and complain about it not being a tactical singleplayer game?

You are a wargame for babies.
WiC at least had soul. One of the best told ww3 stories i have ever seen.
Storytelling is superb with characters that had more depth than most rpgs have nowadays.

Wagrame 4 fucking when

Never

This is antimatter. There's going to be like 3 maps on launch

You can get a better sense of it from wiki or some such as I am relaying what I gathered from my book on the French Foreign Legion and French Intelligence (both by Douglas Porch, both highly recommended if you like reading about military history. Well, not the Intelligence one, that one was dry as shit). There had always been a sentiment by Metropolitan France that Algeria was a distraction (First from the boche, then from the Soviets and US). The entire colony was taken by an accident to begin with, not really an intention of foreign policy. During the Bourbon restoration the King was widely unpopular, and the bey of Algeris accidentally/intentionally slapped the French ambassador with a fly whisk. The King wished to bolster his standing and nothing does that better than a war, which brings about a rally-round-the-wagons defense. So the French army was sent and told "Faire quelque chose fagot [do something faggot]". So they did what any army would do - conquer shit.

I think De Gaulle just realized it was untelable in a post 45 order, as Algeria was a South Africa situation and even when we recognize Apartheid wasn't all that bad considering the aftermath (Especially so Rhodesia) you know that kind of system is just not going to work in a decolonialist era.

it was an insurgency. winning battles isn't as important in an insurgency as winning the public's support.

Story telling wasn't that good, you're exaggerating.
>hey MC, you're my favorite do these missions
>Fuck off Bannon
>Hey MC, lets stop the Russians from invading the USA
>Fuck off Bannon
>Flashback to Europe
>Bannon kills surrendering civilians
>Back to present
>Hey MC, we need to nuke these Russians, what bait do we use?
>Bannon, you're the bait
>EPIC REDEMPTION, TEARS FTW
>Hey MC, let's go save New York
>Pukes as the Statue of Liberty gets blown up
The soviet campaign was pretty good, but it suffered severely from being a campaign you know will end in loss for your side.

Interestingly the French built a wall, electrified and mined and staffed with state of the art circa late 1950s technology from the coast of the Med down to the sahara between Algeria and Tunisia. In order to keep out Algerian terrorists from infiltrating in. It worked spectacularly and pretty much single handedly denied the FLN access to their arms and troops. The French were very successful on a number of counterinsurgency strategies, but they were ones that largely proved counterproductive. They were able to all but eliminate the moderate Algerians who wanted to stay a part of France but be given full rights or exist as some kind of satellite state, leaving only the hardcore FLN. They ruthlessly went after European arms traders to the FLN and led to the arms dealers cars (usually with them in it), their wives or mothers spontaneously exploding for some reason.

But it's an extreme and militant, but still valid, example of how "herpderp walls don't work in the modern day" is a crock of shit. They absolutely do - you just have to be ruthless as all hell about it.

Can't we have something like Killzone 3? that shit was fun.

Attached: 1542489415058.jpg (680x383, 41K)

Its actually fun if you are alone and can use voice commands. Takes a while to remember the phrases, but commanding the AI by shouting at them is legit.

eugune is fucked. last time i checked the devs were on strike and the company was being investigated for tax fraud

French Post-WWII diplomacy wasn't struck by the war weariness of the rest of the Allies, and was as such quite aggressive. This didn't score friends in the UK and the USA, which often led to them backing off again.

Yes.
HOWEVER...!

Attached: 12324356757.jpg (220x273, 24K)

>devs were on strike and the company was being investigated for tax fraud
Sounds appropriately French. They'll probably finish Steel Division 2. It might be their Sink or Swim game.

How is 1? I own all the wargames, but never picked up Steel Division cause it looked meh.

I have that book. It's okay.

Advertising is against the rules, OP.

>Literally only one of the weapons shown in the trailer is automatic

ha ha ok kid

As a person who likes sniping scrubs, I have to extremely disagree. Automatics CAN jam, bolt actions are extremely unlikely to jam, and revolvers will literally never jam, unless something is seriously wrong with the revolver.

so basically french thought that algeria wasn't worth having and gave it up?

I don't know, I'm the same as you. The second looks much better than the first though, so I think you can comfortably skip it.

Automatics can be unjammed as well, and will generally maintain a much better fire than manuals.

>le commie gun man

>Automatics can be unjammed as well

How long does it take for the shooter to realize the gun jammed? if it's 1+ second, they're dead. A lot can happen in a second.

Wargame isn't fun unfortunately.

Shit, guess we have to ban everyone now since talking about video games is advertising according to one redditor.

The trailer showed an FAL and an AK-74

Assuming the shooter is a sniper, he should not be taking fire in the first place.

thats an SLR its not automatic

Your trailer has 5000 views mate. I've made shitty meme remixes on train rides that accrue more attention than that. You are lashing out because you know I've sussed you.

automatic as in "self-loading".

the only good thing about bolt action is that they couldn't save Israeli athletes because they were shit and obsolete

I meant the guy with the automatic "trying" to shoot at the sniper he can't see.

Sure you have. Be a good boy and run along now.

he clearly meant fully automatic, no one uses automatic to describe self loading rifles only self loading pistols and the term fell out of use in the 1920s

How can you tell? I'm genuinely curious

Attached: file.png (1322x853, 1.14M)

>let me shill in peace!
Embarrassing.

>british soldiers
>using SLRs
>but how can you tell bro
dude trust me

Mhm. Yes. Mhm. Go on, just run along while the grown ups talk.

That's an L1A1 not a FAL

Why would he be trying to do that? He can't shoot what he can't see.

How do you know they're brits? The camo?

I watched the trailer a couple times and it just doesn't look that good. Kind of a shitty trailer, really.

How many threads do you think there will be for this game? by the look of things, not many, so let him be.

full auto on rifle meant for a smaller cartridge is retarded

For someone who obsess over bolt action, semi-automatic is considered automatic.

Pretty much. The Pied Noirs didn't, 1 million of them or so fled because the alternative was stay and get raped to death by the FLN savages. Don't let me discount how much the FLN were savage apes. The excesses of the French were miniscule compared to the massacres of the FLN. But the Metropolitan French felt that Algeria was a lost cause. I think they didn't expect the Pied Noirs ("Black Feet", from the black boots the old colonists wore. Were a mix of French, Greek, Italians, various Europeans and Jews.) to flee or that they would have to permanently stay in France.

This is because the French Government was dumb as shit and didn't realize sticking around in Algeria was a mistake if you were, well, alive, because the collaborator Algerian soldiers and policemen got slaughtered too. Probably hundreds of thousands of them. Now a colonial war that did have really nasty fighting is Indo-China. The French had battles where they lost tens of thousands of soldiers, not just Dien Ben Phu but another one where they got slaughtered on the road. There's also various bushwars in Africa that would have been fun, particularly as they would have white and black soldiers and they wouldn't be racial-hot potatoes like Rhodesia/South Africa was. That breakaway republic depicted in Jadotville, or Angola.

so call of duty black ops?

yes

Algeria (desert) was a nice place for testing rockets and nukes... nothing more really.

Attached: le-25-decembre-1961-pres-de-reggane-photo-afp-1539190284.jpg (1600x1049, 583K)

Attached: 1526931323970.png (532x582, 514K)

So French suck at war in the 20th century, be it home or away? Got it.

i dont care what you consider, when you hear someone use automatic they're talking about full auto

the used the same camo for loads of years, its weird seeing it used in the snow as people used to paint their houses white because the camo stuck out more especially during the night

It's only good when the enemy AA is dead and you have air superiority because it's slow as balls.

>this person is calling me reddit
Mhm. Yes. Mhm. Run along and jump off a building.

Attached: 1403905286388.gif (300x300, 2M)

Yes, mhm. It's okay, just go on and run along now. You're so cute, but kids shouldn't be here.

Fuck yeah

Attached: 308 winchester auto.webm (640x360, 2.72M)

That's where the high HP and decent ECM comes in. It'll take quite a few Strela-3's or a lot of AAA to take it down, making it a low risk to attack an enemy without heavy SAMs.

Sexy.

>You're so cute, but kids shouldn't be here.
Where are you from where this is considered decent patter?

Attached: what.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

I was trying to get hyped for this because Cold War lmao but its the current year meaning that it could be another unfinished dead on arrival fps just like many others so I'm stuck in the middle ground.

Attached: 2017.07.07-21.12.png (1920x1080, 3.84M)

I wonder if it will feature super heavy boi.

Attached: 14480432987520.jpg (1280x960, 336K)

they killed it because it out-competed the publisher's other products

>realizes what a massive fuckup he is
>redeems himself by holding the fucking line

Attached: 2415.jpg (750x600, 108K)

Ukraine vs DPRLPR (russia) when

the future is now, old man

Go play Left Alive and suffer. Nobody likes Hohols.

They have been remarkably successful in their recent African ventures

>their recent African ventures
What are you thinking of specifically?

Serval in Mali

Nukes should be a commander ability.
>nuke an objective
>you skip it

Cold war gone hot is only interesting if it's got an element of sci-fi to it. Like, not lasers and teleporters but some form of interesting advanced technology that would've almost certainly been created in the arms race of another world war. This just looks like another 'brown and green man shoots gun' game. Also, using late eighties style and motifs to accompany a game set in 1983 just puts me off.

i.4cdn.org/gif/1551968413512.webm

:(

>UN Resolution
Hardly a "venture" by the French government.

more like
>nuke an objective
>game ends

>Don't want to fight
>Stay true to duty and fatherland
>Fight anyway
Manly tears shed. Women and pacifists couldn't possibly understand.

>there will never be a spic side mission to destory the zapatista

But you don't defeat your enemies, you die.

algeria got oil

Yet handled almost 100% by French troops and French support assets, with some limited assistance from abroad (airlift) and fairly worthless local troops.

>Milsurp autists

Looks like a decade old FPS

you mean like if they put in all those cool experimental guns instead of just giving us an AK+M16+G3+FAL combo?

Attached: pss.jpg (1024x723, 148K)

Why do you die when nuking someone who can't retaliate? Imagine some B-17 bomber flying over Europe in 1945 dropping bombs thinking "this will surely hurt americans". Didn't happen retard.

rip :(
>Women and pacifists couldn't possibly understand.
When I showed that webm to my gf for the first time she literally teared up.

Attached: 1541726948485.jpg (500x509, 77K)

You're such a faggot

>my gf
Fuck off, normalfag.

1. There weren't enough nukes then to go throwing them around, especially when there was no credible threat.
2. Alliances are a thing, you third grade retard.

Why do you think that?

>brown and green man shoots gun
Sounds appropriately modern. In case of a large war like this I can only imagine that uniforms go back to being more recognizable colors or some sort of new FoF system will be implemented after all the friendly fire taken, because everyone looks the same.

yeah a bit, and that's maybe why the french gov wanted to stay in Algeria for so long.
Losing 25k soldiers for that was really not worth it tho.

What are you talking about retard? Did you miss my point that badly?

I wasn't saying they shouldn't wear green and brown, i'm saying why set your game in a fantasy scenario if it's just going to be like every other game.

its 83 nibba

weren't all those soldiers legionnaires or pro-french muslim algerians?

I wasn't talking about your game idea at all, I just think it's gonna be a problem when infantrymen won't be able to tell friend from foe in a hectic and large battle, because everyone looks the same.
>Why set it in a fantasy scenario if it's just going to be like every other game
To avoid the BFV trap of setting your game in a historical scenario and then have people shit on it for being wrong.

post-USSR Russia absolutely had to make an example of Chechnya to prevent the complete disintegration of Russia by would-be independent states.

as brutal and gigantic clusterfuck it was, the pictures of Chechnya reduced to rubble scared the rest back into line, "break away from us and we'll do this to you"

>Yea Forums hates Rising Storm 2
What the fuck shohld I be playing instead?
Squad exists but it's really larpy

they lost tho

Federations are shit, and Russia only stays untied through an iron grip. It has always been so and it will continue to be so as long as Russia is.

Did you?

>all these people talking about tacticool special forces and stuff
the most interesting thing about RO/RO2/RS/RS2 is that you're a generic soldier
going for the special forces stuff is exactly what went wrong with call of duty

RS2 is fine, but I really think that Full Caliber rifles feel underwhelming compared to RS1 and RO2.

>indie combined arms multiplayer game
dead two weeks after launch

I wasn't talking about nuking anyone in WWII, but about bombing your enemies to oblivion with no real repercussions.

I'll probably end up playing this to try it out but the reveal trailer for RS2 was better.

>indie
What makes you think they won't find a publisher?

F

shitters hate it because its hard

But there are reprecussions, countries that don't have nukes themselves are allied with countries that do, and if you attack them, their allies attack, so ergo there are reprecussions.

It's almost like the invention of assault rifles chambered in intermediate calibers made battle rifles obsolescence and are better in nearly every way

>play RO2
>half of axis team is lvl100

Wrong.

>USA and USSR go to war
>Fight entirely in Call of Duty set pieces

Okay

I wasn't exclusively talking from a gameplay viewpoint. I think the sound, recoil and stopping power of the battle rifles are underwhelming. Like I said, it just feels bad.

and Chechnya is a pile of rubble to this day

did they though? isn't kadirov putin's bitch at the moment ?

He might mean the full catridges feel underwhelming in damage, but yeah you're right. It's why I want RO3 to go back to the Ostfront, or Korea at the latest. He's 100% right on the Mp40. It sounds like fucking trash in RS2 while it was great in RO2. PPSH doesn't have the same terrifying rip in RS2 either. There is a charm to the WW2 style of fighting and how it limits run and gun. I like RS2 but I enjoyed my time in Saipan and Druzhina with a bolt action.

They should've done the 50s
>Small-ish nukes being dropped out of planes everywhere
>No one worrying about blowing up the world
>Crappy WW2 tech meets crappy early modern tech

Lot's of people are interested in the Cold War aesthetic and the implications of a 3rd World War being fought in the 80's are interesting to a lot of people. Tons of books, movies, and games have been made on the subject and simply putting it as "'brown and green man shoots gun" is oversimplifying it a lot especially to a lot of military nerds that are into that stuff. The fact that you think that you need to add fantastical things like lasers and teleporters to make it seem interesting to you is fine, but somewhat autistic.

Attached: 203.jpg (748x503, 69K)

Iran has no ally. North Korea has no ally since the collapse of the USSR. Venezuela has no ally. Afghanistan/Taliban has/had no ally. Iraq had no ally. None of these nation would be able to destroy the US if they were nuked, nor do they have friends that would destroy the US. The only reason it hasn't happened is because nukes don't exist, or at least in a much more limited spectrum than you've been led to believe.

they got dem saudi money boi

Attached: 1530619197550.jpg (1680x1050, 918K)

>you think that you need to add fantastical things like lasers and teleporters
It's customary to learn how to read before replying to people's posts.

>buying this when Bad Company 3 is comming out which is cold war + modern

Attached: 1503396029227.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

>Fight for a pointless cause dictated by the political class
Is there anything more cucked?

I might have used "Iron Grip" loosely, but I stand by the essence of what I said.
Maybe you think the EU doesn't only stay united because it keeps the federation members in an iron grip?

>Playing Ro2 and not being lvl 100.
Pleb

Panzers Cold War was pretty decent. While a shitty unit, explosions from mortar shells looked so good I couldn't stop using the unit.

>North Korea has no ally
Everyone opposing US homogeny has an ally in China.

Fighting for a pointless cause dictated by the political class who have tricked you into thinking they're your fellow proletarian.
At least the option in your post might leave you victorious instead of the options being losing and losing.

From what I found (quick search), it's something like:
5k muslims
11k drafted french men
11k professional (legion and others, still mostly french tho)
Keep in mind, almost 1.5M soldiers were in north africa in the early 60's

Nigger automatic pistols have been a thing since fucking 1892, of course there would be automatic rifles in 1983, jesus christ, we had miniguns in the fucking 1860s.

China is a US ally, or at the very least has been until the late 90's, possibly until even later.

More like the other way around, the Russian government needs to keep pumping money into Chechnya because they know they'll flip their shit the second it stopts.

its casual as fuck just like RO2, the only fags that play that shit are LARPers and people who love shouting over the mic to try and appear funny

Being a major trading partner does not mean they are political allies, China is definetely gunning to edge out the US as the global super power and at the very least seeking to end the one superpower world order.

LARP'ers play ARMA. RO2 is possibly one of the most hardcore shooters that doesn't enter LARP territory.

I really don't care for the setting because alt history is gay. But it mite b cool.

It's a soft nerf to the other classes. On some Ro2 maps a heroic MP40 could clear a key area for the win. Less people grabbing commander for the SMG who need to be kicked is a win for all of us
Do we know if this is an expansion for Rs2 like Rising Storm was or is this a new game?

Currently, maybe. In the future, certainly. But they wouldn't stand up to the USA to the point of starting a war over something as little as North Korea.

We don't know shit, because nothing is made yet.

>RO2
>hardcore
its extremely casual, a complete downgrade from osfront and a shitshow since its releae

China only cares about North Korea so far because they keep US military bases away from their borders which is why they put up with the little retards. Once they're more secure in their relative position they'll probably tell them to shape up.

The biggest thing I hated about RS2 is the class dynamic of RO2 is gone completely because everyone has automatic guns. Also it takes a lot more skill to rack up kills with a bolt action. RS2 took everything that was good about Red Orchestra and watered it down.

North Korea is a USSR project. PRC and the USA were pretty much united against the USSR.
>Keeping bases away from China
What are you talking about? The bases in South Korea, Japan and the west pacific isles won't go away.

Speaking of taking away classes.
>See enemy with a fancy outfit and a funny hat
>Can't be sure he's a high value target, because cosmetics aren't class based

Having 1 country and some ocean between you and US bases is better than having 0 countries and some ocean between you and US bases.

G3 is better.

I hope it will feature the bad boy pictured right here

Attached: spas.jpg (1125x750, 377K)

>it takes a lot more skill to rack up kills with a bolt action
fair.
>the class dynamic of RO2 is gone completely
No way dude, In RS2 people take a class to fulfill that classes' function, in RO2 many people would pick a class just for the shiny auto gun

>a mass of slavs and eastern germans overruning western yuropean girly men
oh yes, I want

Attached: rtgedrye57.jpg (400x709, 24K)

Steel Division 1 is total ass. Tanks have no healthbars, they either die in one hit or get shot five billion times and shrug it off. There are no helicopters, and your unit choices are very limited. The "phases" system means you can get hard-countered by an enemy who is strong in a phase you are weak in. If you pick a group weak in phase A, and the enemy is strong in phase A, the game will be over before phase B ever even happens.

thats not right at all

TE_Fulda_Gap is best map

Attached: Fulda_Gap_Terrain_Features.png (780x641, 607K)

The Yalu River and the northern Korean mountains make the border somewhat easily defensible either way. Real threat is a naval invasion of mainland China. Rape of Nanjing-Shanghai all over again.

It's the other way around now, Kadyrov gets all his money from Chechen oil companies and racketeering Chechen businessmen. All the government does is giving Kadyrov cheap guns and legal protection from human rights NGO's.

Granted, but having as much distance between you and your greatest rival as possible is preferable, even in a sub-optimal scenario.

This looks interesting, got any higher res or the source?

Realistically, it could. Franchi began making the gun in '79 and it was sold for police and military use for several different nations including, but not limited to, Croatia and other central european countries.

>China is a US ally
Retard of the year.

Greatest rival is still Russia. US is still more of a partner than a rival, for however long that might last.

China has maintained strong relations to stay independent of the USSR. US has supported China for that exact reason as well.

That's not what I'm talking about. In RO2 the 3 different class archetypes have very different gameplay, with SMGs on the front line, riflemen covering them, and machine guns locking down sections of the map. It doesn't matter if someone picked SMG just for the automatic gun, they would play the class role of pushing the front lines because they have an automatic gun. In RS2 the SMG and rifleman classes were combined into one, and machine guns were nerfed into oblivion from RO2 to the point where they play similarly to rifleman. RS2 supplements the single blended class gameplay with interesting weapons like shotguns, flamethrowers, and RPGs, but for people like me who preferred the class differences, it just makes for repetitive and boring gameplay. It's just the nature of the setting rather than a deliberate attempt to water down the gameplay, I was always of the opinion that Vietnam or any era with automatic rifles was a terrible setting for a Red Orchestra game.

finally i my wargame memes will be relevant again

Attached: 1538236545807.jpg (1095x716, 154K)

What's the best Wargame if I'm only interested in singleplayer and mods?

I get it. I would rarely see the players in Ro2 actually act in the way you describe, but I get your point.

single player is kind of shit, the AI is retarded

but if you insist - red dragon, since campaign is the most fleshed out if the 3

It's more from my own experience playing the games than watching other players. In RO2 riflemen, SMGs, and machine guns all have very different gameplay but in RS2 every class feels the same.

SU-25T is better, but much more expensive.

What armaments does it have?

If they made WiC with Wargames vehicle and country autism then I would be dead from over ejaculation.

RO2 had pretty different gameplay for rilfes semi autos and SMGs, but most of the time the LMGS acted like snipers, people never used smoke or looked left or right, never defended the objective and the best weapon in the game is a silenced nagant
>throw all but my nagant to the floor
>run behind enemy lines
>kill 13 people
>suicide bomb my way into a corridor full of germs
>top score

>almost every Cold War game out there only lets you play as m*ttoids and their (((HATO))) pets unless it's multiplayer-oriented

Attached: 1545112829350.jpg (1080x797, 229K)

>People never used smoke
>Never defended the objective
>best weapon in the game is a silenced nagant
I don't think we played the same game.

Unfortunately no source or higher quality, but I do have a few more

Attached: 1546719358697.jpg (1500x1002, 507K)

>China has maintained strong relations to stay independent of the USSR
That doesn't mean China is a USA Ally you inbred retard. Are you an actual retard?

European Escalation has four rather traditional scripted campaigns. Red Dragon is more open-ended but the AI is even worse.

Personally I'd suggest EE due to superior atmosphere, art style and no planes.

Attached: 1549105683110.jpg (1300x878, 462K)

It effectively does. If war broke out between USA and USSR China would side with the USA.

Attached: 1531589104869.jpg (1500x1010, 636K)

Attached: 1524264883836.jpg (1500x980, 1.75M)

Red Dragon. By far the best Strategic gameplay. Steel Division 2 will hopefully be even better.

Attached: 1523884784717.jpg (1500x971, 1.55M)

Attached: 1545961108589.jpg (1808x1199, 729K)

Attached: 1532240427273.jpg (2500x2000, 1.46M)

>4606▶
>File: 1523884784717.jpg (1.55 MB, 1500x971)
where can I get this book, I want it in paperback or hardcover if possible

Attached: 1543671144330.jpg (2500x2000, 1.21M)

Attached: 1540204463898.jpg (2500x2000, 1.63M)

>rammstein airbase

Attached: Fuck.jpg (400x719, 50K)

Attached: 1539470927305.jpg (2500x2000, 1.35M)

>1983

Attached: 1541479612671.gif (400x300, 1.55M)

>That guy in the middle
Weird Al Goes to War

Attached: 1523635486612.jpg (2500x2000, 1.61M)

Attached: 1540322876480.jpg (2500x2000, 1.47M)

>multiplayer trash that will be dead in a month

I hate what happened to fps games

no idea, it's probably from osprey though

Attached: 1522230923358.jpg (2500x2000, 1.28M)

>A fucking Super Bazooka
Jesus.

You might actually be retarded if you think this is true now. The "USSR" isn't even an entity anymore you fucking idiot. China and Russia have far better relations than China and America do. If China was a USA ally, the two countries wouldn't constantly be butting heads over the SCC area and there wouldn't be a full blown trade war happening. If you think China is an American ally you are actually fucking braindead.

Attached: 1538366246260.jpg (2500x2000, 1.4M)

Attached: 1534739419418.jpg (2500x2000, 1.45M)

We're talking historically. The USA could have wiped NK from the face of the earth in the 90's but didn't. Why? Because super weapons of that scale does not exist.

Attached: 1526350159878.jpg (2500x2000, 1.33M)

Attached: 1533710380165.jpg (2500x2000, 1.56M)

How are you posting so quickly?

seriously, wtf is on about?
did you play once, made your opinion and then mixed your memories with another game?

Attached: 1534698318498.jpg (2500x2000, 1.2M)

Attached: 1533591602409.jpg (1600x1057, 300K)

Attached: 1550403600994.jpg (1324x1747, 1.4M)

Where's the gameplay?

he has a room with laptops all over the walls, for optimal shitposting

Attached: 1551588438715.jpg (2500x2000, 1.62M)

WW2 sim too

Attached: 1550555430325.jpg (2500x2000, 1.61M)

Seems legit.

Attached: 1529693063755.jpg (2500x2000, 1.21M)

Attached: 1547652476493.jpg (2500x2000, 1.25M)

Attached: 1539649901743.jpg (2500x2000, 1.45M)

As long as I get my SLR, green beret and moustaches I'm sold.

Attached: Falklands Aesthetics .jpg (800x495, 98K)

thank you man, I loved RO2 and tried RS2 a few times. I could never put my finger on what was so wrong

I hope the maps are not all CQC bullshit. I would just go play CS if I want a fast paced shooter

Attached: 1530955465132.jpg (1940x2550, 3.05M)

Attached: 1543919983387.jpg (1000x1178, 661K)

love that soviet naval infantry look

Attached: 1540310729486.jpg (1600x1021, 979K)

Attached: 1523569816965.jpg (1200x1560, 806K)

That guy is full of shit, that's a FAL-pattern charging handle. The L1A1 has a more rectangular-shaped charging handle that folds down when not in use.

Attached: 1535487646712.jpg (1200x1582, 906K)

16 fucking Vikhrs. Also an okay cannon and a pair of infrared missiles, but mostly the 16 fucking Vikhrs.

Attached: 1540368458225.jpg (1852x1221, 674K)

pass and Yea Forums x
don't tell them

Attached: 1532849875769.jpg (1200x1550, 916K)

I tried playing it recently.
It boils down to "ramirez, defend burger town at 10 to 1 odds, where your only strategic input is telling units where to go and spamming cooldown abilities".
2/10 sharp knees

every time i join a game im forced to go squad leader if i can, lvl 60+s just sitting there bitching about riflemen and going for kills instead of throwing smoke and spawning. almost every loss is because the entire team just sat behind the objective. best weapon is the silenced nagant, can run into a building and clear it no problem unless some MG34 stalks the rooms
>join game
>be the best squad leader and do everything right
>get shot in the face by friendly fire
>"WOW DUDE WORST SL EVER!!! CAN YOU STOP FUCKING DYING HOLY SHIT UNINSTALL!!"
i hate most people that play the game, like when they bitch about not being able to do anything yet they wont move forward and wont stop voting for grain elevator or bridges. stopped playing so much after shit like this kept happening so now i mostly stick to RS1

you know where i can find some list or images of weapons/equipment used in the afghan-soviet war?

Attached: 20180924192048_1.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

Attached: 1541244970204.jpg (1200x1571, 839K)

and I think I'm done, can't be assed to do more

Attached: 1537733980165.jpg (1200x1567, 945K)

EE has a real singleplayer campaign but it's hard as balls.

can you give me the name of the book these pics are from, I need it

Attached: 250px-Red_Storm_Rising_Cover.jpg (250x310, 26K)

Woman and/or pacifist detected

>[SA]
In a typical scenario the Frogfoot won't get to shoot even half of its missiles until it's dead
meanwhile the A-10 can just fire and get away

>you know where i can find some list or images of weapons/equipment used in the afghan-soviet war?
>can you give me the name of the book these pics are from, I need it

No idea about the specific books, but look into Osprey Publishing

Attached: 1549026148916.jpg (1584x1088, 404K)

thanks

cheers

>using bolt actions in 83

Attached: austrianjaeger.png (189x227, 111K)

Are these done by the guy who did the hanger art in Xenonauts? Something about it rings a bell.

I've posted stuff from at least three artists, but it's possible

Attached: 1536577137748.jpg (717x931, 192K)

Will we get to remove vodka as the based Winnish bros and their Valmet RK62? This is important.

Attached: 1371933013881.jpg (600x800, 139K)

>when the lvl cap in RO2 is lvl 99

I wonder if they're gonna do something with northern ireland? since we already got alot of russian equipment during the 70s-80s and since its brits v russians i'd b suprised if they arent utilising the IRA to help the russians

Attached: IRA Bomb.jpg (670x427, 49K)

The Soviets have little reason to touch Finland in the event of a large-scale conflict in central Europe unless the Finns allow NATO aircraft passage. Finland likely wouldn't have fought against them back then anyway because the military was in horrible shape, decades of commie sympathizing Finlandization and knowledge that resistance would be futile anyway.

nice strawman

What ever happened to that WW3 game that got shilled around here for about a week or two?

Dead as shit

entire playerbase died within a week

Attached: russia ball.jpg (240x210, 9K)

Yeah, the USSR wouldn't touch Finland/Sweden, they'd have their hands full pushing any military asset they can raise through Poland to reinforce the GSFG which would exhaust itself in days.

Any scenario it does happen is just dumb fanservice to get them in NATO - just like shoving the Chicoms/Yugoslavia into the Warsaw Pact.

Will they include the G11?

Attached: g11prone.jpg (392x245, 41K)

what's the source of that pic?

Russian state propoganda that takes the form of country balls, I cant type the cryllic but its there on the orange ball thing

Attached: polan 102.jpg (1024x723, 113K)

Russian countryballs are some of the most retarded shit ever - and I'm a spurdo fan.

das rite

Attached: polan 81.png (1280x904, 1.31M)

>The tweet is 10 years old

i fucking love these

Attached: 2866876904902df7e8e8b48d498576bc1f8b1e1e5669ad825871b9268d6de95f.jpg (960x678, 166K)

>Rising Storm 2 devs
might be good

I hope E. Germany vs W. Germany would be awesome.

Yeah they gotta have both Germanies and it saves on voice acting.

Attached: 51581876_1463945660416459_5452735709855088640_n.jpg (750x466, 33K)