Jet Set Radio

how is this game compared to the original?
also where is the fucking HD port sega

Attached: 220px-JetSetRadioFuturebox.jpg (220x312, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB68B32E897CC194C
youtube.com/watch?v=_d3ALfmL-aw
youtube.com/watch?v=6rvyACQn5_0&t=1m54s
youtube.com/watch?v=4CugyaQzmx8
youtube.com/watch?v=DlbtpfYgDdo
youtu.be/9assyPp68Jo
youtu.be/Fw72cDABatA
masterbits.de/cli1_e.htm
gamejolt.com/games/JSRFMP/336004
youtube.com/watch?v=h3iQSt0VV_s
twitter.com/MelloMakes/status/1102996679085735937
youtube.com/watch?v=3gc9qq55BiQ
mega.nz/#!QAAm3KBC!WVo2vLzVZKQqtZxRetUvCb9opLrBbUmAo14XA2fyMFc
youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_GaqaYhBM
youtube.com/watch?v=m6TRHwD32lo
youtu.be/QEEPfzrDpoc?t=7
youtube.com/watch?v=jeKq7vseMSE
jetsetradio.fandom.com/wiki/Garam
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1106738#search=Gum Jet_Set_Radio
youtu.be/aSMJoPfOv0c?t=282
youtube.com/watch?v=JZY4E2Cagv8
youtube.com/watch?v=bHi5jDEqPB0
youtube.com/watch?v=bvuf_hbXaSc
youtube.com/watch?v=_nbbGnjAzDw
youtube.com/watch?v=6FsyVf4hWvw
youtube.com/watch?v=B1lNhNHdoPI
youtube.com/watch?v=g4aiPxbDdcM
jetsetradio.live/
youtu.be/9B9JBZEhCDw
twitter.com/hideki_naganuma/status/589054353614344192?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More emphasis on environmental play than graffiti tagging thanks to denser and larger maps than the original. Police force escalation is more scripted than based on number of tags completed in an area so you won't ever find yourself trying to prioritize larger tags. Movement is a hell of a lot smoother to further encourage exploring stages. Aesthetic is nice and the gameplay adds and changes enough to feel fresh; all and all a great addition to what could have been a solid franchise.

No HD port because sega are stupid and (supposedly) 'lost' the source code anyway

JSRfags, I have a few questions. I bought the original on PS3 and I like it, but what the FUCK are the cops problems? I feel like they make it impossible to tag some spots. I mean, you have to do those inputs, but I can't do it when the cops are a few seconds behind me. Is the point to take them on a wild ride and lose them so I have enough time to do the tags? Also, is it just me or is it hard to reliably grind on rails? I'm on the second level and when I'm hopping from roof to roof, I usually fall.

the cops are entirely meant to harass you yes, and a good option is to try and prioritize the larger sprays since police response increases with number of tags completed, not quality. The time limit isn't as strict as it looks so I suggest building the habit of doing a quick survey lap of the map zone(s) to find the larger or dangerously placed tags before committing to hitting them up.

Grinding is pretty finicky yes and some characters have a smaller snap-to distance, meaning they have to more accurately connect with a rail so the only advice on that is practice.

>Sega rumored to be partnering with Google for their new console
do you think it could lead to a new JSR game?

Attached: andy-etheredge-gum-jazz-color.jpg (1920x1440, 517K)

HD port never ever because nips dont keep source code
remake maybe, but might as well make new game at that point, but...

Jet Set Radio is my favorite video game of all time. JSRF is like a 7 in my opinion.
My issue with it mostly comes down to how retarded huge and mazelike some of the levels are and how it started to take itself seriously. Fundamentally they're different games. JSR is a score attack arcade-style game that still feels at home on consoles, and JSRF is trying to go for more of an open world split into stages thing and you need to run through levels to get to other ones and stuff like that. I just don't think Future really nails all the aspects it's trying to hit. I'm hard on Future because it's the sequel/remake to my favorite game, but in all honest it's a good game and I can see people preferring it.
JSR's controls AREN'T CLUNKY, you're controlling a character with roller skates on so of course the controls are different from if you were just running. In Future you're basically just running and momentum barely matters anymore. Just wanted to say that.

Attached: jetsetradio3.jpg (1366x768, 604K)

>nips dont keep source code
come on, that can't be real, right? I mean they ported the original after all

Great game.
Veeeery expensive on the aftermarket though

This is the one I know and I love it.

is there some magic-eye sorcery going on with that image? the decal placement looks so bizarre, it's not repeating tiles but not entirely hand-placed either.

will he be alright, bros?

Attached: IMG_20190313_110117.png (948x445, 132K)

Don't think there's any magic eye stuff going on, but this is what was used for the box art in Japan.

Attached: b1ee33f0b4d4c0f3e8291fd8cd7418c7.jpg (640x640, 133K)

Fuck him, he won't leak that CD that has that sample on it that's in like a dozen vidya songs

It plays about a thousand times better than the first one. Only real complaints I have are that navigation is kind of tedious and there's not a whole lot of challenge.

what sample?

>Halo is coming to pc
>still no JSRF
Fuck it all.

the more I look at it, the more it looks off. I think I'm legitimately having a stroke here. It must be small clusters of decals copy/pasted across the full image instead of being a singular element. Take the band running the length of the image just to the right of Beat, with the flaming record and 023; how it sits on top of the other clusters. The way the graffiti soul and the word 'download' are spliced differently in some locations.

I need to get a grip here, user.

It's like the original but way longer and better in every single way, even music. If you have any chance to play it, play it.

There's this sample CD that provided the lyrics for a good number of random Japanese game soundtracks
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB68B32E897CC194C
Naganuma used it himself in Ollie King and owns the CD or has access to it, but won't upload it as it would be illegal. I don't actually blame him for that, but it's a bit annoying that we could be so close to finally getting this elusive CD and he won't release it. It's been lost media for some time and occasionally gains interest from gamers, but it still hasn't shown up online anywhere other than the songs it was sampled in and snippits.

Here's another set of lyrics from the same CD, this is actually one of my favorite songs from any fighting game
youtube.com/watch?v=_d3ALfmL-aw

Remember you can get rid of most of the higher tier cops. Some tags will require that to be actually possible

They lost the source code for Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon Saga, too. Dumbfucks.

"""""Lost"""""

If its too hard for you you can cancel and restart grafitis continously. So you can spray big grafs in 2 seconds with only reprating one motion the entire time

I just hate that one part of the map where you hav a ramp i the middle with rails going out to the side of the circular space

I have no idea what you're trying to talk about

I stopped liking JSR as much as I did at the beginning because I think certain levels are shit, certain mechanics are unpolished, and the inability to replay levels is fucking retarded.

I tried to finish the second Grind City level to get Jet, got 47k once (Jet is from 50k) but got bored, ended up progressing to the main menu and only then learned that once the game saves, you're fucked. Can't do anything about it - all of the previous levels that I've gotten Jet on are now fucked. Thanks game.

Consider Google's new console is basically a android. I sure hope not

Just select retry if you don't get Jet. You're not just fucked, go through new game plus and get Jet in that level on that playthrough. Your complaint is that you can't replay the level but you literally can, either by hitting retry or in new game plus.

I thought, since the game is letting you retry, you'd be able to retry somewhere from the main menu without it being a big deal. But once you progress, you can't go back until NG+.

And as far as I know, NG+ doesn't give you a level select screen, I'd still have to replay all of the previous levels.

It's miles better than the original, it hurts to say it because we will probably never get an HD release of this game, so it sucks that the only thing we have of this franchise that is easily available is the first game, which is good of course but its not nearly as good as radio future.

I suck at remembering names. I mean this part of the map in benten cho
youtube.com/watch?v=6rvyACQn5_0&t=1m54s

Oh. Jump on the truck and you can use that to get up on the rail to the center part. That's much easier than using the big ramp thing.
Just play through New Game Plus, the game is like 3 hours long anyway.

my most played xbox hueg game by a good margin, and I got it for free, came with that racing game I think? Can't recall, either way this game was the fucking shit, its probably the sole reason I don't regret buying the console

Secret truth: Just because you played JSRF first doesn't mean it's better or better designed than the original

I know, but i still suck at lanfing on the rails correctly.

true, but it is better and it is designed better, so its semantics, isn't it?

Hadn't the chance to play it unfortunately but I dislike how I heard a lot about the challenge being dumbed down, which was part of what made the first so fun (and some people sethee regarding it)

I mever understand people complaining about the controllers as I finished the game with 100% both in game and achievements with a keyboard

Didn't play Future but for me the original was never about the challenge - I did replay levels until I got Jet - but the most fun was from chaining together grinds and trying to do the sickest tricks.

The way the characters jumped sometimes felt like shit though, I feel like they could've streamlined it more.

JSR girls > JSRF girls

Attached: Mew_standing_in_place.gif (533x734, 966K)

based

SIRTIEST
BIRSTDAY

game is dumb
you beat all the challenges by holding back

WHAT
WHAT
WHAT'S GOING ON WHAT'S GOING ON

Future's OST is better in general but some of the remixed JSR tracks suck ass in Future, like That's Enough

yeah, some of the latch brothers songs arent exactly that good either, but they do fit the levels they are in i guess

Fuck you, all the Latch Brothers songs are great.

Speaking of shitty music in the ost, remember birthday cake?

Emulator of JSRF is decent.

works really smooth for me as long as I'm in the garage, then it starts dropping frames out the ass as soon as I enter a stage
is my pc just too shit to handle it or are there any settings I need to tweak or something?

for you.
i didn't say they were all bad, shit like the answer, rockin the mic and the scrappy are my jam

Attached: maxresdefault(4).jpg (1280x720, 38K)

I want to play it in HD...

FUCK YOU SEGA! THIS WAS THE BETTER GAME FOR WII!

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 128K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4CugyaQzmx8
This has it as well.

>jet set radio with weird waggle controls
that would have been better off cancelled and you know it

Attached: 1550837458671.jpg (361x351, 15K)

>disliking birthday cake
SHUT UP AND EEEEEEAT

Attached: Cxbx-Reloaded 0077eb7a (Mar 3 2019) _ Emulating IG-024 v1.01 (Jet Set Radio Future) 08_03_2019 19_01 (746x720, 2.25M)

it is the only game that I think it could works with those things

there was a pitch for a Wii JSR game at some point but it was turned down by Sega

Attached: JSRwiiGUM.jpg (750x1139, 509K)

yeah that's the one i am talking about
the concept art was neat but i'm still skeptical of it being a good decision

EXCEL SUGAR
EXCEL SALT
EXCEL OIL AN MSG

Anyone else find it weird how big Jet Set Radio has become over the past 10 or so years? It's gone from being fairly unknown to something I've seen normies discuss in passing (mostly the music). I'm guessing that Steam release really has had a big effect on it.

Twitter seems to have the biggest amount of people saying "WE NEED JET SET RADIO" and shit constantly although that could just be the fact I follow Jet Set Radio related things.

It just feels weird to see people talk about it more and more as time goes on, it's a shame it's mostly the music and artstyle over the game, it feels as if people JUST listen to the OST and draw characters/art over playing the game, despite it's faults.

Attached: 1398787527891.png (543x469, 184K)

Attached: 4e31530a4d2292898e11643b52b4de43.png (837x851, 330K)

hey, if that means sega might consider bringing it back that's fine by me
i did get into jsr from the steam release and it was a blast, currently figuring out where to look for an xbox hueg around my way so i can play future and other shit

it is like dmc, where characters > gameplay, but gameplay is good
it this case, music is really goo and gameplay it is fun, plus it has nice characters, enough to be loved

HELLO ALLISOOOOOOON!!
youtube.com/watch?v=DlbtpfYgDdo

>JSRF
>Panzer Dragoon Orta
>Gunvalkyrie
So, these are the games that will never get a port when they probably should, right?

Attached: 1428692948343.png (575x505, 314K)

absolutely based

Attached: 861d1d0de09469098b36fff0fc3e7fa6.jpg (700x900, 74K)

It’s hub will always speak to my soul on a metaphysical level
It’s just too catchy
youtu.be/9assyPp68Jo

Can we just post our favorite JSR tracks already?

youtu.be/Fw72cDABatA

>In the English JSRF manual, DJ Professor K describes her as "a perverse lady with the tendency to abandon a guy in 10 minutes after winning his heart."
what a SLUT

Attached: 98c162ec29b9166df5ce709b390675e7.jpg (800x800, 436K)

no because you just did

sega got was ass
radio future was not ass

That game gives me a huge nostalgia boner for that late 90s/early00s street culture feel.

oh shit

HE'S IN

Attached: 1550690395605.png (745x710, 1.51M)

Attached: d27dee9693e90a2e7fb120b655ad1d57.jpg (500x500, 109K)

Prefer it to the original. Mad beyond measure because they STILL haven't ported it over PC or Playstation. My favourite Xbox game back then.

Attached: reload2.jpg (728x546, 68K)

Can't you just buy it from Masterbits?

>masterbits.de/cli1_e.htm

You have to do em quickly
Use gum since her score modifier is high

The original group that made jsrf disbanded years ago

isnt that her only piece of character? that she's a heartbreaker?

I like the original more. The name doesnt even fit anymore

>sudeki got a port when none of this shit will
fucking worst timeline

Attached: 8.jpg (1242x1813, 147K)

Nevermind, seems to be dead.

Surprisingly those are also the games that are the hardest to get running on the Xbox

any of you fags tried this?
gamejolt.com/games/JSRFMP/336004
why has no one made their own fangame or just ported JSRF assets to unity or UE4?

SEGA also caugght whiff of this, made the port of the first game and got the data. Said data coming to the same conclusion you have. People like the characters and the music, but alost no one actually played the thing for one reason or another.

I think our best bet is to get a spiritual successor to JSRF or a new entry, there is no way this shit will ever get ported to anything else

JUST BURN YO HOUSE DOWN

i thought the game was always big?
im suprised there isnt more games with a similar artstyle, except for XIII

i mean, there was the dumpster fire that was project beat

what happened to it?

i liked the original much better but i am in the extreme minority. the sequel to me was simplified too much and the music was really annoying. the graphics are technically better but the soft colors makes it pop less. i liked the big levels though i guess.

>i thought the game was always big?

Mate, it came out on one dead console. Microsoft canibalised said dead console to make XboxHUEG, another failed console which has, however, proven dudebro shooters can and will make loads'a'money.

JSR is well known because it's one of the first cell-shaded games out there, so it looked like nothing which came before it. It wasn't because people were dying to get their hands on a Dreamcast to play it.

>music annoying
the first game had far more annoying music, a lot of that shit was on like 40 second loops for fucks sake

I have a copy. How expensive are we talking? what if i bundle it with gun valkyrie?

whatever. get on my level.

Like $25 for the standalone release and barely $10 for the release with Sega GT 2002

basically drama and feature creep way before much progress was done basically, don't know many details about that
then the main guy opened a paypal for donations without asking the rest of the team, then closed it and spent the cash on pizza instead of returning it
jsrf-inside even made a series of posts explaining the whole ordeal but i think they've been deleted, he was pissed his asset extraction tools were used for that shit iirc

Attached: Captain-Onishima-from-Jet-Set-Radio-Official-Concept-Art.jpg (472x355, 31K)

Why cant good people ever make fan ports? why must we suffer?

it was just a unity asset flip lmao
but i feel you

Attached: 1549633854790.png (504x512, 552K)

even though its just an asset rip it looked good, hate how most fangames get stuck in dev hell trying to recreate the entire game instead of just taking assets, hopefully more games get fangames

i think I'll keep it.

I prefer Future and can't understand how someone can say the original is their favorite gsme and Future is a 7. Literally sounds like a butthurt Xbox hater.

what do you mean?
Also can all models of the 360 play original xbox games? My old pro model recently just kicked the bucket. First time a system ever died on me.

If it was that easy we'd have it by now lol. I think like ten years ago it would have been possible to just buy it.

different styles, future is set in the future but the original has that 2000s vibe

VIVA
VIVA

Having played both: basically everything is better on JSRF. Even the music is better

My JSR story/blog post, same person as >be me, kid in 2004
>dad emails to ask whether I want a Dreamcast or a GameCube for my birthday
>tell him I want a GameCube and he tells me he already got me a Dreamcast
>turns out to be a good thing since he got his friend to burn like over a hundred games for it
>first game was Sonic 2, didn't even know Sonic Adventure games existed until playing them on DC, get blown away by them
>spend hours just going randomly from game to game unsure of what I'd find as I knew so little about video games back then
>randomly pop in some game called Jet Set Radio
>it's the Japanese version of the game and I can't read shit although Professor K and the intro are speaking in English so I can kinda get what's going on
>don't know how to dash and keep fail the first character recruit challenge in the game because of it (Combo)
>finally manage to jump over all those bus station roofs by meticulously building momentum by going in circles and jumping at just the right time
>drop the game after a bit because I don't get it
>look it up online and see forums with people obsessed with it, don't get why
>couple years later, 'get it' and start playing JSR a lot
>really get used to the controls and have a great time
>love the OST and listen to it all the time
>watch YouTube videos of the English version and hate the English voices at first
>figure out that the international versions have new levels and desperately want it
>eventually, after days of trying to figure it out, burn a copy of the American version and play the shit out of it, Jet every stage even though I had a ton of trouble with Rock n Roll Grind
>watch bits from Future but never play it because I didn't own an Xbox
>keep playing JSR every so often and become basically expert level at it, becomes one of my go-to games
Continued because blog post

Attached: jetsetradio2.jpg (1366x768, 196K)

>JSRF is a 7 and worse, but I never played it
really bitch?

Attached: 1550168397220.png (494x507, 248K)

>eventually in 2011 get a 360
>super hyped for the HD rerelease of JSR and get it day one
>play it through another dozen or so times on 360
>have a buddy who tries JSR because he used to have Future, he complains that it's 'slow' and 'awkward'
>always have an interest in playing Future and now that I have a 360, finally pull the trigger and get it
>absolutely ready to be blown away by the vast improvement Future is said to be
>start playing it, have issues on 360 because JSRF on 360 has some obvious problems but is overall playable
>it just never really clicks for me
>don't think the redesigns look all that great, particularly don't care for Poison Jam suddenly being 'intimidating' when they were supposed to be complete dorks in the original
>already liked the music but finally get to see it in context
>don't really care for the increased emphasis on plot
>get totally lost in at least two maps
>seriously get stuck in one level for about an hour just trying to leave because I can't find where the exit is
>don't really care for how the control has shifted from somewhat realistic to 0 to 100 by touching the stick, going UP ramps speeds you up sometimes
>way more platforming than the original
>overall enjoy my time with it but end up going back to JSR and loving it just the same as I always have
>go back and 100% Future, ends up being a pain in the ass to do with some annoying parts but I can't remember what these are as I haven't gone for a 100% run in some time
>have fun doing multiplayer with a friend
>just overall end up preferring the original and find Future a bit underwhelming and flawed albeit a good game in general
>over the course of the next 6 years keep replaying JSR at random, generally considering it one of my favorite games, about a year ago finally commit to actually considering it my favorite game of all time, one I can pick up and play any time and still have just as much fun as I ever had

So feel free to call me a nostalgiafag or whatever you'd like, but that's my story. Like I said, I think Future is a good game, just not as good as what is my favorite game of all time in the original. For the record, I'd say that JSR is something between an 8-9/10. It's not flawless by any means.

Kill yourself if you're under 25

Is it okay if I'm 24? I hate anyone younger than me too so I understand where you're coming from

Glad to see the one autist that comes in every fucking Jet Set thread and screeches about how JSR was betters entire argument is "its different so I hate it".

>says Future is one point lower than JSR
>"reeeee I hate Future"
Good reading comprehension

I got baited into buying this and its fuckin terrible

Attached: a3390977850_16.jpg (700x700, 96K)

i think so since it is all emulation. supposedly jsrf doesn't work very well but i have never had any problem.

it's soulless

This but unironically.

>supposedly jsrf doesn't work very well
I heard the same thing, yet I thought it also worked fine. Then again, I haven't played it on an original xbox console, so I wouldn't be able to tell if there was a difference.

>dreamcast in 2004
a little late to the party, my dude.

Yeah. Your point? I had no idea it existed until my dad brought it up.

Really? It had a lot of framerate issues for me i had to stop playing it because it was really annoying

Better late than never.

I've tried two different copies on my 360, so it may just be my 360, but the most outstanding issues are that the beginning lags out and I have to spam start to even see the title screen otherwise it freezes and it lags like absolute shit in 99th Street, especially the middle area with the tower. I think I've seen other people mention 99th Street lagging on 360 so it may not just be me in that case.

Better than the original. Flows WAY fucking better, having to stop cold to make a tag in the original was realistic, but stupid.
Also HD port never because of music licensing hell. They waited too long and now it'll never happen

Emulation on the 360 for JSRF is pretty bad in general. It's best to play it on an original console. It always lags on 99th street and several other areas.

Yes, but I find it hard to bring myself to buy an Xbox entirely to play a single video game.

Im a early zommer and only learned about the dreamcast through a friend of a friend who randmoly bough pne in like 2009 or so. Cant remember even why. But that dude said he liked the game even though he never got past the fucking first tutorial. Hung out with him and beat the game together.
Bought the steam version later and finished it about five times or so by now. Its a great game for me.

I refunded it

Cube>Gum.

You don't care for the superior mulitplats, how easy it is to hack and exclusives, even if they are limited?

Not right now, no.

no contest

Attached: 1534421491588.png (539x666, 118K)

Gum>everything else

Attached: 1520972869469.jpg (850x635, 45K)

>Cube smiling like a generic cutesy anime girl
>not smirking with skater girl attitude
Delete this

man, why you gotta be like that

Attached: 1532444561232.png (470x671, 67K)

Could have been decent if there was any way to keep your momentum and the map wasn't absolute shit

It has issues but traversing the large districts and trying to get high-score on the missions is fun. I don't regret getting it on sale.

She can have mah dick, while I keep my heart.

I can't stand her belly button tattoo.
Reminds me of the sun tat on the guy heather brook would deep throat.

Gum all the way.

Attached: CqqfS2iVMAAAyna.jpg (810x1080, 143K)

Cxbx-reloaded JSRF is your best bet I guess
youtube.com/watch?v=h3iQSt0VV_s

christ the anatomy in this image

>watch Jet Set Radio Future gameplay
>yooou HA-HA HA-HA HA-HA HA-HA
that character is so obnoxious

Attached: 0.jpg (200x190, 11K)

WHO DA MAN

Attached: 1541423759659.png (142x127, 33K)

dunno if this thread might be of interest to you? twitter.com/MelloMakes/status/1102996679085735937

The JSR port didn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel or even an HD port of Future

Holy shit. Had no idea about this.

Yiksu

this

JSRF is unironically the best game ever made and something that can be considered true art.

Agreed. Those who dont need to UNDERSTAND

There's some fairly obvious poor artifacts photoshop to the outer edges of the picture. Looks like content aware fill / patch.

As much as I like JSR, the controls are much worse compared to JSRF. Not saying they’re completely bad but JSRF improved on the controls a lot.

Attached: 68463D67-1289-49FC-9579-81A4545FCC02.gif (448x387, 3.58M)

No, because the studio that produced Jet Set Radio, Smilebit, disbanded over 10 years ago.

But the gameplay in DMC is good.

I'm pretty sure they did some reverse-engineering on a release copy or something like that. Regardless, few companies ever keep their code for a game they've already released, especially back then when they never could have imagined HD remasters being a thing in the future.

It's basically a comparison between Sonic 1 and Sonic Generations. In Sonic 1, there's a large emphasis on momentum and maintaining it. In Sonic Generations, you just go from standing to basically running to fast in about three seconds or you can just press a button to go from standing to top speed in a second. This applies to JSR and JSRF as well. They're designed around different kinds of gameplay.

>it is like dmc, where characters > gameplay
Are you perhaps retarded?

Attached: F1ED6907-A581-473F-9DDC-8F5C84576C1F.jpg (421x587, 133K)

asdf

Attached: E2B0FEE7-F742-4DDF-93A0-D11FF5B9DEB6.jpg (1738x2078, 2.56M)

Why did they decide to make random jackoff with annoying voice a main character in Future?

Attached: 1550506751154.jpg (400x600, 71K)

Yoyo is based, you fag.

Attached: 719235C1-BABB-4E9C-BF4B-DE170D9602E8.jpg (480x640, 104K)

>If SEGA made a new one all the characters would be redesigned to pander to liberal Millennials.

Attached: 1550285113969.jpg (752x1063, 155K)

The original JGR was a 10/10 in my book, I loved everythinf about it. However, with JSRF, I really didn’t like it when I bought it at release. It probably earned another try.

Attached: 1548105495016.jpg (640x640, 103K)

Same thing happened with Nights, eventually we will get a JSR3 and it will be a disappointing mediocre game and everyone will forget about the franchise forever.

Fuck it. I think I'm gonna find an original Xbox just so I can play this game in the best way

Attached: 1549318065332.png (269x270, 152K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3gc9qq55BiQ

Mew

Attached: 1551674588529.jpg (900x791, 250K)

Attached: Beat.jpg (750x1187, 570K)

Least interesting girl compared to Gum, Cube, and Piranha.

Attached: 1454842620166.gif (442x334, 1.97M)

There is a map.

This series is almost as baselessly over hyped as chrono trigger. Nostalgia trash

don't mind me, just gonna leave my lewd Gum model for blender here
it's a heavily modified version of her sonic all stars racing model, the original was really low quality so I wanted to try and improve it as much as I could
it's still not 100% done, I wanted to give her an IK rig but I have no idea how that shit works, also maybe some more polished textures
feel free to use it, improve it, share it and reupload it anywhere if you want other people to use it, it's one of my first works in blender so I'm not really experienced with this stuff
mega.nz/#!QAAm3KBC!WVo2vLzVZKQqtZxRetUvCb9opLrBbUmAo14XA2fyMFc

Attached: Gum1.png (1901x3074, 2.02M)

Attached: 1524425080842.png (914x873, 481K)

>there will never, EVER be a new Jet Set Radio game

Attached: 1497055209944.jpg (495x362, 19K)

keep his name out ya grill mate

Attached: 52de70828b320b6af6d429b2383eb79d.jpg (540x540, 70K)

I played Jet Set Radio on PC recently and I can tell you're full of shit.

No there won't be another Jet Set Radio.

But there will be another street-adventure game.

There was that small budget game called Hover that tried to ape on the niche of JSR, but it was painfully mediocre

Good job, hope some fag uses this for SFM

>implying both Jet Set Radio and Chrono Trigger aren’t great

Attached: 008BF021-66F5-4968-8B84-81733D91EAC8.png (706x785, 128K)

heres your new JSR game bro
NOW WITH ADDED NIGGERS AND FEMALES!
youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_GaqaYhBM

On first look it doesnt look so bad.
And i dont know how to respond to your statement

don't bring politics into a JSR thread you fucking faggot

Attached: 1466185663674.jpg (207x200, 13K)

>ADDED NIGGERS AND FEMALES!
So just like the originals games? I want /pol/niggers to leave.

Attached: 1514057139860.png (645x729, 93K)

2 mello is a fucking legend

youtube.com/watch?v=m6TRHwD32lo

Here's your modern JSR character design

Attached: Gum_xn.jpg (1024x597, 66K)

FUCK IT LOOKS JUST LIKE JSRF

colour palette could use some work but jesus that looks solid

oh my fucking GOD FUCK OFF

Attached: 1511893845787.jpg (901x1134, 190K)

I wouldn't even care if they would release an HD version if I could just get original xbox emulation to not be complete horseshit.
I played JSR years ago and loved it and I've never gotten a chance to even try the sequel.

>nigger shit
Fucking die.

give cxbx reloaded time, they'll get there eventually

good post user

Attached: 1548356346757.png (903x903, 775K)

>JSRF will never get a port
>if the rumors of Sega and Google's partnership are true and we end up getting a new JSR game it will be streaming only bullshit and won't be able to be preserved and played years from now
just fucking kill me now

Why should Sega bother developing anything when they can make millions by letting anyone use the Sonic IP for anything?
Especially a niche game like JSR, neither game was a commercial success and the IP is barely remembered today by a small community.

Motherfucker the original had four playable girls and three playable black people.

Attached: Jet Set Cast.jpg (814x575, 102K)

>developing exclusives for a streaming "console"
Leave it to SEGA to bet on the wrong horse yet again, lmao.

>the google machine might actually force game streaming to become the norm
this is truly the darkest timeline

technically all the "white" characters are asian, too.
the game does take place in tokyo after all.

Arent two of them american?

Attached: 49FEB966-1AD6-4EB8-BD06-449FA463DD06.jpg (1100x850, 241K)

Cube and Combo.

yeah, Cube and Combo
so a grand total of 1 (ONE) white american

You're a fucking idiot.

as much as I hate the waggle, saving this series from complete obscurity would have been preferable

>I can't stand her belly button tattoo.
Are you for fucking real right now?

Attached: 1539122198014.png (774x1309, 402K)

they could do it with a lower budget Jet Set Radio game for all consoles and PC today

What about the gba port?

That skating animation looks fucking atrocious and so does that afro, but otherwise I'm pretty interested.

Attached: 1531688037005.gif (320x240, 2.09M)

based and redpilled
tattoos ruin the body

yeah they COULD do it
but Sega doesn't have any development houses outside of Sonic Team which means that they'd have to license it. Which means we could end up with something like if it ended up with a non-japanese studio.
but we both know Sega won't do it because they seem to actively hate every IP of theirs that isn't Sonic.

JSR Cube is cute and the second best girl imo, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to like her JRSF redesign

Attached: latest-56.jpg (422x1115, 87K)

a lot of the JSRF redesigns are questionable

that video doesn't look so bad, Jet Set Radio always had nogs. including very stereotypical nogs who carry huge stereo radios hugebricks of the past, whatever they were called, sound systems?

She does look better with sleeves and (slightly) longer hair. And the dragon belly button tattoo isn't quite as aesthetically pleasing.

Attached: 1522508400445.jpg (800x800, 377K)

lmao, this is fucking embarrassing.

Boomboxes

Just grabbed the PS3 port as well since it was on sale for two bucks. I'm really liking it and I've Jetted every level so far, even if Grind Square was a real pain and I'm now at Fight or Flight, which looks like it will take a bunch of tries to figure out. I love how the game rewards skill and proper routing.

I looked it up and while I like the idea of further promoting fluidity and never stopping I can't say I'm a fan of how graffiti works in Future, just spraying along the spots instead of doing a move sequence. It doesn't feel like that big an element of the game anymore.

Attached: 1541283263294.png (600x510, 246K)

It's not that I'd be upset that there'd be any black people, it's that if an American studio got a hold of it the focus would probably shift towards being character driven and would also probably be BLACKED as they could get away with.

>non max graffiti skill characters
>best anything

yeah, no color or asian themes, just bland and grey

What's lewd about it, exactly?

MUH WIFE

Attached: jet set radio future cube and beat.jpg (1280x1526, 358K)

Is Nights any good? I was thinking about grabbing it but I'm not sure I'd be into it.

To be honest I am pretty amazed at how much you can rip off a game and sell it. The devs of that Butterfly thing are doing the right thing, Sega doesn't wanna make more Jet Set Radio, fine fans will do it instead. Freedom Planet went with this mindset and it turned out mostly fine besides the cinematics and voice acting.

Makes you wonder why did Sega reject that Jet Set Radio Evolution pitch when they're not doing anything with the IP.

try removing her clothes and find out

Attached: GumTest4.png (1080x1869, 1.71M)

JSR is all about routing, user. Run through the level a couple of times and learn where the big tags are, as well as how many does it take to start spawning cops. The idea is to get rid of the XL spots ASAP since they yield the most points by far and take the longest. You really don't want to get your chain broken. The medium sized spots are quick enough that you can do them when you get some breathing room but you should always take care of the big ones as soon as you begin.
It's all about your routes.

Is this the same CD that this voice clip came from? 0:07-0:09
youtu.be/QEEPfzrDpoc?t=7

>is it hard to reliably grind on rails
I thought so too at first but the rail's hitbox is actually forgiving, you just need to have it click with you. That one rail in Benten-cho can fuck off, though, I always miss it.

>Thinking Birthday Cake isn't the best song on the OST
Random user back at it again with his shitty taste

I'm interested, but I also don't want to get tricked into downloading dolphin porn.

post tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=jeKq7vseMSE

Underrated girl

Attached: Jazz_jsrf.jpg (859x1024, 175K)

Tattoos are ugly, mate.

If it draws attention to her cute navel, it's a good thing, full stop.

Attached: jsrf gangs.jpg (658x365, 182K)

Then watch as they don't hire Naganuma then I'll proceed to blank it from memory.

Attached: 1524420999204.png (742x942, 194K)

Attached: Gum3.png (1901x3074, 1.29M)

Wheres the penis?

Gum is a girl!

>Trap
NO

Attached: gum anf rthym.jpg (564x833, 67K)

Girls can have penises too you bigot

Attached: 1534614809422.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

A lot of them are still at SEGA, making the Yakuza series

so where fuck is garam even supposed to be from anyway?

Attached: 1531455333018.jpg (900x1153, 61K)

Ah that must be why I enjoy the Yakuza series so much

surely they wouldn't do that
...right?

Shame they only got Naganuma to make like 4 songs for the series with the best one being for one of the PSP games.

The congo

Attached: 1511904353059.jpg (350x350, 53K)

JSRF not being available in HD is a fucking tragedy. It's a million times better than JSR.

jetsetradio.fandom.com/wiki/Garam
>In an interview with Ryuta Ueda, lead art designer of Jet Set Radio, he hints at the fact that Garam's necklace is "the skull of a famous Sega character". Given its obvious resemblance to Sonic the Hedgehog, it's possible Sonic existed in the world Jet Set Radio is set in, but is dead at the time of the game, with his skull having been made into the necklace.
damn...

Attached: 180.png (180x292, 60K)

Attached: piranha_Jet_set_radio.jpg (800x961, 434K)

>It's a million times better than JSR.
Not at all. The arcade, score-attack nature of JSR fit the game way better than Future's open world and dumbed down graffiti.

Okay user whatever you say :)

Damn yaoi hand

How do you expect her to hold all those spray cans otherwise?

>garam could have murdered sonic
>that means he is wearing his head as a trophy

Attached: 1552389453517.gif (260x187, 1006K)

Attached: Jet set radio poster.jpg (425x550, 99K)

>playing for the first time
>get the best rank in every stage with Gum
>Chapter 2 rolls around
>forced to play with either Cube or Combo
>can't do it anymore and can't replay levels to get a better rank
This is fucking bullshit, man.

It's got more emphasis on fluid movement over focus on scores and tagging. It's more of a side-grade than an upgrade

you can replay levels with any character once you beat the game

>How do you expect her to hold all those spray cans otherwise?
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1106738#search=Gum Jet_Set_Radio

>Future's open world

Imagine being this retarded.

JSRF didn't just have bigger levels, it also had better designed levels with all sorts of branching paths, rails and verticality options. They built the game around fun movement challenges and tricks instead of just piling on tedious graffiti mechanics, which made it infinitely less boring as a result.

The only real thing the original had going for it was compared to Future was replayability. You could replay the entire story as many times as you wanted to with any character and graffiti you unlocked.

Future ends having the entirety of the streets repainted for you to spend 7 hours max doing (fuck the graffiti spot not on the map on Sky Dinosaurian Square).

I suppose you could also argue the original had a higher difficulty, which is fair for those who like that kind of stuff.

If Future had it where you could restart the game from the tutorial with all the characters and graffiti you had unlocked, it would honest to God go from masterpiece to literally fucking perfect for me.

I love JSR to death but that Hover game caught my eye.
Should I get it off of G2A?
I missed the steam sale but I really want to get it, is it worth the risk?
Never really used a key site before.

Attached: 85B017FE795A4834B6518D8715FE0C6D.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Attached: jsr_girls.jpg (469x570, 266K)

It's shit. Listen to the two Naganuma tracks and imagine JSRF but worse in every way and you've played Hover.

tattoos are for simpletons, he's right

better buy it on steam then you can refund it bevore two hours

Attached: 80283A1C-19AF-4601-BD89-39157EA21FFE.jpg (827x1169, 627K)

Hover is like 2 bucks on G2A and Kinguin, I'm more worried about my info being taken than the 2 dollars is it really that Bad?

Attached: 492961 - Gum Jet_Set_Radio.png (600x600, 138K)

It's agresseively mediocre. Nothing about it makes you scream about how shit it is but everything's just off.

Attached: beat and Yoyo jsrf.jpg (1050x1472, 393K)

>where is the fucking HD port sega
When the original does well, or the community can settle with a heavily altered soundtrack. So never

Launch it without Denuvo and the soundtrack will get fixed in a day.

First of All Denuvo only stops the .exe from being modded. There are plenty of games that have texture and sound swaps with it. Secondly modding still wouldn't help with the immense backlash against the Unmodded game, especially with console players.

Then make it PC exclusive for all I care. Not like it's a processor intensive game, I'm sure a proper port would run just fine on their laptop's.

I bought and modded a Xbox for $80 just to play this, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantom Dust and SMT:Nine and it was all worth it.

Attached: 9DB98766-79F6-4CD9-A322-47505B295040.jpg (739x800, 165K)

JSR is better because I don't like the hub world and the graffiti mechanic simplification in JSRF. I don't like like sci fi, preferring JSR aesthetics.

Also it's my 2nd favorite game ever and have played them both many times.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

It's not good. It's a parkour mmo disguised as a JSR clone to sell copies.

Very average, it simply isn't an engaging game, the mechanics don't get any better than a really poor man's limited take on Jet Set Radio

>It's a parkour mmo
That doesn't sound so bad.

He doesnt work for Sega anymore so I'm not sure.

Attached: 1446952532136.jpg (396x385, 41K)

It is when the level design is a mess and the map is covered in the icons of other players.

WHAT'S YOUR NAME?

ALLISON!

How do I get Jet in Fight or Flight, anons? The jetpack jackasses are annoying as hell.

COME ON COME ON
YOU CAN DO THE SCRAPPY

I did the rooftops, the streets, the sewer, and then the car dump area last. I used Piranha because she has good health and graffiti score bonus

Attached: Piranha.png (464x784, 232K)

The car dump and the sewers have the biggest graffiti tags, though.

is there a map or something where i can see graffiti? i always end up missing out on one then searching the entire level untill i run out of time

I manage to avoid getting shot too much in the car dump, and the enimies have bad accuracy in the sewers and the teleportation from spraying large graffiti helps. Either way, your best bet for getting a Jet Ranking in your first playthrough is playing Piranha.

>QTEs are no longer a big element of the game
Oh, the horror...

I like JSRF better simply because the controls are less of a pain.

in jsr? hit start and go to mission map

>I'd rather have dumbed down graffiti that doesn't require any thought on my part in a game about skating and doing graffiti
Wew lad

Attached: F5A85D26-5A91-4CA5-BC78-E7AEA04AA65D.jpg (1000x820, 971K)

Attached: gum_2.jpg (736x1200, 118K)

So when are we getting a game where you play as a cop hunting down skaters and graffitists?

Never ever. I'd take anything that would mean more Jet Set but we just can't have nice things.

Attached: 1551729269226.png (600x600, 93K)

This is nice.

Well I mean.. there's some very different aspects of the gameplay between the two when I gave the HD release of the oriignal.

For example, main thing for me was getting thrown into a instant time challenge was rather jarring having had JSRF being my first entry into the world of Jet Set which let you explore and tag at more relaxed paced instead of having to 100% the whole map in 5 minutes.

Bit unfair of them to condemn JSRF to collect dust for JSR's faults

>I looked it up
If you had actually played the game you'd know the trade-off is that JSRF puts a lot more emphasis on the platforming, which absolutely shits on anything in the original. The changes in graffiti are to facilitate the smoother gameplay experience instead of forcing the player to start-stop over and over in comparatively massive maps.

Based

Attached: 1534267132462.jpg (600x825, 520K)

I'd say Future is more smooth and fluid. The controls are also improved over the original, but the original was definitely more challenging as you legit had to plan your routes or you'd get fucked hard. But the original also has a little bit of clunk to it, such as trying to grind on some fuckin rails.

They're like two different games, but I love them both dearly

I'd play it if they made an HD port of the damn thing.
I personally liked how the staying still forced you to strategize and plan when to tackle which tags, giving that extra layer to the game. I can't imagine the fluidity of being always on the move putting that pressure on you.

>I can't imagine the fluidity of being always on the move putting that pressure on you.
It doesn't, but it also doesn't need it. Both games are good for different reasons and the differences between the two amount to just being different rather than objective flaws (mostly).

What did you guys do for your custom graffitis?

That would make it a boy you mentally ill reject.

>I don't like like sci fi

It's barely sci fi though. The environments look more like modern Tokyo than any futuristic Tokyo.

no, that would make it a feminine penis

I've been playing Panzer Dragoon Orta at 4k 60 fps on my xbox one x wtf are you talking about?

STOP
OHH-OH-OHH-OH
PLAYING GAMES

my xl graffiti was just the word "memes" in all caps

Attached: 1550544914055.jpg (588x391, 61K)

Supreme for small
Mania for large
My name for extra large

Memes in 2002?

on the remaster, my bad

Gum is the type of girl to do naughty webcam streams late at night.

Gum porn in all of them

The map in Future pretty much doesn't tell you anything.
AFAIK Cube and Combo are never said to be American in the original JSR. They were made to be Americans in the international versions.
>can't replay levels to get a better rank
You can if you hit retry at the results screen or in new game plus.

OwO in rainbow colours
and in my most recent run gay furry porn

i'd like to watch gum cum if you can catch what i'm implying

Attached: 1528300612594.gif (540x250, 1.89M)

Cube and Combo are from Grind City, though, which is clearly based on New York. It even has American flags.

Just infinite grind in the sewers for a while before moving on. Easy as.
youtu.be/aSMJoPfOv0c?t=282

Yeah, in the international versions, not the version originally released in Japan.

You can replay their levels. Hit the "fly to grind city" on the map.

From the sewers

>No HD port because sega are stupid and (supposedly) 'lost' the source code anyway

I swear to god this is the response form every software developer on why they don't do X.

Better in every way except tagging system. Having to enter inputs instead of holding the button was more fun even if it did slow the game down a bit.

If that's Sonic, damn, he shrank a lot

>Hit the "fly to grind city" on the map.
>tfw no plane level

If they lost the source code then I guess they gotta make an entirely new game then

JSR and JSRF are fundamentally different games with different intentions behind their designs. Just saying 'Future's way better because it controls better' is oversimplifying things or maybe just not even valid. Consider the difference between Jak and Daxter and Jak 2. They've got a very different plan behind their design and core mechanics.

Attached: 1526407157153.jpg (827x1169, 291K)

There's someone on the wing, some....street punk, on the wing!

The US version was later re released as a special edition in Japan.

Yeah but that one doesn't have fat beats so this one is better

I knew that ya fool. So what? Does that retroactively change what the original version was like?

Attached: Gum;.jpg (600x800, 44K)

so the brown skin is just from poop water?

On the plus side, we're practically guaranteed to at least be getting another port of the original. Sega did some poll months ago asking what games their fans wanted to see put into the Sega Ages line of ports for Switch and Jet Set Radio (series) was right at the top of the list. I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get a JSR port for Switch by the end of the year. This poll also communicates to Sega that people are interested in the series. Maybe a Future port will come someday.

imo future is a direct evolution of original, of course it's gonna have a huge interconnected city with a hub and a lot of stuff.
That of course means it's completely different, I hope they add more exploration if they ever make a sequel.

But no baseline

Original Humming the Bassline is way fucking better. Every time I play Future I change the Garage theme as soon as possible.

But it has a bassline

Panzer Dragoon Orta and Gun Valkyrie are by the same studio and are pretty good games, and cheap because xbox games never have collector value. Ninja Gaiden Black, Halo 1&2, Breakdown, Mech Assault 1&2, Otogi 1&2, and Project Gotham Racing 1&2 all range from decent to great (break down is terrible, but its definitely a novelty), depending on how much you like each genre. Not gonna tell you it's worth it, but I wouldn't say it's an absurd purchase.

This one is so fucking good, one of my favorite songs. It's just so chill.

Shit taste, it's good but this one takes the cake.

That music is painful.

Nights is a game you had to be there to fully appreciate. It plays like a fun, short tech demo. But isn't going to feel worth it unless you're in to topping your scores.

But hes not humming it.

But she kind of is

For you

Attached: 1516292745370.jpg (612x612, 61K)

It could be good, but the color scheme is so bad, it works against the style of the ui and characters so much.

I hear the "someday" since the HD versions of SA2, Nights, Daytona, etc. Same goes to SoA HD and nothing.
It's amazing how Sega pulled those digital versions around 2012 and then stopped doing it

PDO is such a fine gem. It also has the original PD game as unlockable.
Xbox had good games like you said. Then some some okay weird games like Kung Fu Chaos, or something like Midtown Madness 3 that is forgotten, things like Buffy and Indiana Jones games. The Xbox GTA versions are pretty good and the best versions before they fucked them over with weaker ports based on the ps2 or mobile shit

Attached: 36223623_p0.jpg (1000x1000, 126K)

>best stats
>best design
>she's with you from the beginning
How can Gum be so perfect?

How would SEGA fuck the series over i they made a new JSR today?

it is a mystery

Attached: 68ce3eb28b22ad386dda17f5062ada85.jpg (847x1200, 330K)

If she is so perfect how come there is no lewd art of her?

It would be the Sonic 06 of JSR.

Did Yea Forums first play JSR on DC or the ports?

there is just check paheal bro

making everysong the niggest mumblerap in town featuring talent from lil b and 6ix9ine

Attached: Gum.png (1280x1255, 731K)

DC on a burned cd

Lil B is based fuck outta here. I agree though, no Naganuma = shit sequel.

I need this.

Downloading it on 56k must have been a pain. I remember silent bomber on ps1 took all day and it's nowhere near as big a JSR.

Yeah I forgot about GTA on Xbox, those versions aren't bad at all and I don't think The Warriors came to PC, so its objectively the best version of that game.

My first Jet Set Radio game was Sega All-Stars Racing on the DS.

no naganuma

the graffiti spots are not qte's

Attached: 1552216084724.gif (477x269, 1.67M)

But user, Gum is underage.

Redesign every character to appeal to the SJW crowd.

SCHLOP SCHLOP SCHLOP

Attached: Jet_Set_Radio_Future_02_artwork.jpg (1500x2143, 2.34M)

Attached: Jet_Set_Radio_Future_01_artwork.jpg (1680x2350, 2.55M)

Attached: Jet_Set_Radio_Future_03_artwork.jpg (1200x1728, 1.76M)

Attached: 1529207186215.png (600x391, 239K)

Is the time right to bring back if not the series, but the style of Jet Set Radio?

I want to cum inside Gum's bum if you catch my drift

Download the widescreen patch and set CXBX-R to 4k
It's been doable for a while now

>0002 tricks
Did anyone get to fill those numbers?

>Taking down a chopper with a can of spraypaint.

Dreamcast. I bought that and Metropolis Street Racer since both were released around the same time

Attached: 84cb00ef34a01fbb1dfe7b04108ffcbd.jpg (382x425, 22K)

I remember going around 4 or 5 times in that top Residential area and also in the rollercoaster area without missing a combo but dont recall how many tricks that was.

Attached: JSRiOS_TROP017.png (240x240, 38K)

It made more sense in the original. They didn't blow up on the spot.
>tfw see the green tag on the chopper, want to graffiti it because fuck them
>think nothing would happen, I'll just get the points for the graffiti and the satisfaction of humiliating them
>they crash and die
Whelp.

>implying they'd make a new JSR today

>JSR song upload on Youtube
>has some off-model big tit fanart of Gum as the picture
Every time

Get us some on-model big tit Gum, then.

Gum is off model if she's drawn with big tit you big tit

is she?

Attached: jet-set-radio-png-8.png (289x475, 79K)

Now that I look closer at the official art, she does seem to have relatively big tit.
Now I like her less

And I love it

Attached: Gum.(Jet.Set.Radio).240.638755.jpg (240x240, 28K)

>see tiny bit of pussy
>get turned on immediately
>want to go jack off but can't at the moment
fuck you

She just grew up between JSR and Future, you can have her more modest sized incarnation too.

Don't worry, mate. That pic has a huge and bulging anus right underneath it. It ruins it a bit.

Nah she's pretty stacked in JSR art too

Attached: 71LEOKRqYkL._SX342_.jpg (342x338, 38K)

I only really jack off to PIV anyway, gangbang preferred, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be doing it to JSR stuff anyway. Too obscure to have any decent gangbang pics

WESTERN DEVS NO NO NO

there really needs to be more Gum or JSR porn in general

Attached: GumTest3.png (1088x810, 362K)

Fuck off todd, I'm not buying Jet Set Tamriel

Attached: 39DB06CE-09C7-412D-B7C8-61BE749C8786.jpg (800x800, 129K)

>Jet Set Tamriel
Fucking kek, that needs to be a thing.

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.gif (480x250, 491K)

PIV gangbangs? Is that multiple guys inside the same hole or waiting in a line?

I just meant to say I only jerk off if the girl is being penetrated, whether vaginally or in multiple places simultaneously, I don't care for or about having multiple dicks in one hole

>JSR made by Bethesda
>your inline skates are actually NPCs clipping through the floor with skates for hats

Attached: e43a4affbf1a33facd574e4acdc74b47.png (1164x655, 708K)

Attached: C21E1CE8-13ED-4D6A-B470-F01059CF370B.jpg (547x441, 65K)

Why does nobody ever make fan art of Piranha?

because most of the other girls are superior in every way

>>

>2019
>still no way to play it without buying an xbox hueg

jesus fucking christ why

Attached: 56CF3DBC-C019-408B-B2CB-C4FDE44696C4.jpg (960x1200, 562K)

to be fair there's great games you'd need to buy a Famicom or some shit to play

what do you think

Attached: Untitled.png (578x624, 140K)

Dunno friend, I have a 970 3570k. I didn't tweak anything and it runs at 60 FPS.

Yea but the Famicom is easy as shit to emulate. You really can't emulate Jet Set Radio Future without problems, and you certainly arent upscaling.

Damn, Mew is alot cutter this art than the game.

Are there any girls that look better after the redesigns in Future? Everyone just seems slightly downgraded. Maybe it's just the different graphic style?

Rapid 99 is pretty much retooled Love Shockers and they look hot imo.

Attached: 21C645AA-0F7B-4BF9-A36A-C2C14A7DD684.gif (320x180, 1.67M)

The Love Shockers are in Future though.
Rapid 99 are pretty cute though. Any woman with booty shorts and long stockings works for me though.

>Jet Set Radio Remix
>Set after the events of Jet Set Radio
>The GGs are going global
>Levels based on Tokyo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, and Beijing
>Merging the trick focus of JSRF and the Graffiti focus of Jet Set Radio
>The Switch version has a crossover with Splatoon.

Attached: JSR.jpg (600x338, 57K)

why would a street gang of teenage rudies go around the world

Saints Row pulled it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bHi5jDEqPB0

youtube.com/watch?v=bvuf_hbXaSc

Attached: Gum, JSR.jpg (600x400, 330K)

CHEEEEEEEEESSEEEEE AND MAGICAL GUM

I use furry porn images

That's different. For one, the GGs don't shoot the fuck out of rival gangs and gain control over prostitution rings and stuff

It just wouldn't be a late 90s/early 2000s game without Rob Zombie
youtube.com/watch?v=_nbbGnjAzDw

it probably wouldn't make a lot of sense story wise but I would absolutely love a JSR game with levels based around different parts of the world, with huge variety and different atmospheres and all that

I played the original first and I think JSRF easily beats it in design. It's almost not even a contest, honestly.

I'm just brainstorming on where they can take it without just remaking the game again.

is there a way to resize CXBX's window? I don't care about increasing the actual resolution I just don't want it to be a tiny ass square in the middle of my screen

>IGN reviews Jet Grind Radio
>gives it an absolutely glowing review
>says that Rob Zombie is a huge flaw and docks points for him being in the game at all
Fucking IGN

"And, to round off this package, the game offers up an incredible soundtrack that, despite being bastardized by Rob Zombie in its domestic release (how could you, guys? REALLY?), it still shines as one of the best videogame soundtracks ever."
I mean shit, he's not Limp Bizkit.

Hideki Naganuma just wants another game already. The man produced for Air gear too which is kinda similar to JSRF.

Attached: 543BB1BB-FA13-45B0-A401-283FB92FDE32.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Dreamcast, nigga.

I wish he'd get more work. His twitter is just sad.

He's stated numerous times he wants Nintendo to call him about doing a few tracks for Splatoon.

You can’t spell ignorant without IGN.

His contribution to Hover was the best part of the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=6FsyVf4hWvw

youtube.com/watch?v=B1lNhNHdoPI

There was some JSR-like songs online radio website thing, don't know if it's still around. I listened to about ten songs on there and the only song they played that seemed like it would actually fit playing in a JSR game was this youtube.com/watch?v=g4aiPxbDdcM

If you can’t read the future map you may be illiterate or incapable of understanding 3D objects

>No HD port because sega are stupid and (supposedly) 'lost' the source code anyway

This is a bullshit excuse on their part and anyone who has even the smallest knowledge about game development knows there are easy ways around this.

The part I got lost in was a big circular area with basically no defining features to its map. As it turned out, the exit was on a lower area that's pretty easy to miss if you're hanging out on the upper area which makes up most of the area.

jetsetradio.live/

Attached: 0DC7E731-0C88-4953-B423-35444883CCCF.jpg (800x800, 535K)

Attached: Jet_Set_Radio-SEGA-Roman-van-der-Haven.jpg (1200x1800, 167K)

What the fuck? Was this pure coincidence or just a really popular sample CD in Japan at the time?
Can I ask why it even matters that a collection of random samples were lost?

>JSR thread with 400+ replies
What happened?

JSR girls are cool but to whoever posting the boys, thank you so much

Apparently there wasn't much option for sample CDs at the time so a lot of composers got the same stuff. Also included on these sample CDs were everything from "I Love Love You" and the chants from "Grace and Glory".
The raps are most relevant because until recently we didn't have clean versions of them. Now we can listen to them though
youtu.be/9B9JBZEhCDw

You're right. It's not automatically better, but in the end it still is.
You hit the thumbstick, roll past an XL size tag and spray the whole thing in the same time you'd take to do a small tag in JSR. The gameplay doesn't start and stop. It's infinitely better to play.

>you were born

What happened?

Not them, but if you get good the tags in JSR don't take long. Part of the game is knowing when to do the large ones so you don't get attacked and becoming skilled at pulling off the motions quickly. Besides, as I've spoken about earlier, the two are fundamentally different games to begin with so these aspects are replaced with platforming and exploration instead. Original JSR is more about strategizing which spots to hit first.

I'm seeing too much Beat art and too little Yoyo art.

And by Yoyo, I mean the cool one from JSRF, not the faggy one from the original.

Attached: 236437_2.jpg (630x630, 70K)

When I was like 13 I made a custom tag that was just a solid skintone color block, so when I did tag battles with the Love Shockers it would kind of look like they weren't wearing pants

Yoyo is cool!

Attached: 1551700237374.png (276x384, 9K)

>the cool one from JSRF
Who you don't see for like 2/3rds of the game because he gets replaced with a fucking robot?

The robot is cool too

Huh, I'm guessing they had to lock down sampling other music for copyright.
Interesting, but couldn't these composers just find some super grimy underground bullshit tracks/albums that would never be recognized?
Maybe they didn't want to take the chance of it resurfacing down the line.

"That's Enough" is one of my favorite tracks in JSRF. The thing is, they're two completely different tracks the one from JSR is funky and lifts your mood, while the one from JSRF is sensual and hipnotizing. In my opinion, the sample of "The music just TURNS me ON..." goes better with the JSRF song.

But NT 3000 is equally as cool.

Attached: jsrf_ill08.gif (300x300, 8K)

I love yoyo!

Attached: tumblr_ljod8kVCHh1qfqjivo1_400.png (400x400, 14K)

I like both
Honestly I prefer the original's ost more

Pots was my favorite.

what's your opinion on the canceled JSR Evo concept?
personally I'm not a big fan of the visual style they tried to go for

Attached: jesse-sosa-jsre-00.jpg (1920x1118, 703K)

that looks GREAT, if you ask me
celshade is a very dated, 2000s look at this point it still looks properly retro cyberfuture
and it also doesn't look like fucking shit, like this

It was only a concept. Nothing was playable, and I'm not sure if they could deliver. Looks great though.

Gum looks way too over detailed

Did we ever understand the concept of love?

Has anyone here ever in-line skated? Is it cool?

Sega clearly didnt.

Attached: 1551717610721.png (960x717, 620K)

I have tried it a few times as a kid. Probably a lot more fun at a skate park rather than just your neighborhood.

This is too real. I never asked for this

it was fun, I haven't done it since I was much younger tho

FLOAT LIKE A FLY

is the porn good?

C...Can I see her boobs? Please?

Attached: 1550800423416.png (491x500, 174K)

Attached: 7D2A11AB-476D-44E4-9F02-0F594FF9557C.jpg (1200x848, 223K)

Yeah in like 94 or 95 everyone in my neighborhood bought them. I wore mine out that summer but never bought another pair.

LIKE A BUTTERFLY

I remember there's a heart in the kanji for "concept" because of the concept of love

Attached: AC9A5045-98C1-4268-BE85-03A54A958419.jpg (658x558, 248K)

looks garish

Attached: DBCCD61B-8A9F-430D-8036-A3A28B01CFE5.jpg (1225x653, 396K)

OOH

I've only finished (not 100%, mind you) Future. It's fun, but it gets old soon, specially with the maze like difficult to navigate levels. There's nothing more irritating than climbing a big ass level by grinding and then making one little fuck up and have to do the climbing all over again.

I bought the Steam version and got stuck in the tutorial.

A modern take on JSR would have to in some respects.
The only reason the two games look as simplistic as they do is because of hardware limitations, making something with the colors and general style of JSR or JSRF but with updated graphics would end up looking garish compared to lot of modern games.

>I bought the Steam version and got stuck in the tutorial.

Beating the tutorial is unironically the hardest part of the game, do it after every other achievement.

based and redpilled

And because of it we got House of the Dead Overkill

If you got stuck in the tricks part of the tutorial I can't blame you, the game basically expects you to figure out how to execute an infinite grind well like five minutes after you started playing. Do you have to play the tutorial?

> Do you have to play the tutorial?
you don't

>The only reason the two games look as simplistic as they do is because of hardware limitations
Are you fucking retarded? Cel shading is an integral part of the series and is part of why it is so great. Fuck off.

Attached: 1552420582225.gif (192x256, 47K)

I enjoy the picture but gum out of green is weird.

You guys don't consider getting a Jet on all the little missions you get like Jet Technique to be part of 100%, right? I certainly don't and didn't even bother attempting to Jet most if not all of those until the 360 version for some reason requires you to do that to get an achievement. Some of them are a fucking pain to Jet. Haven't bothered to do it again in well over five years.

Yeah and just cel shading basic block brushes would look awful by modern standards
The games have ages much better because of the cel shading but even now they're starting to look much more dated because of how basic their levels really are from a visual standpoint.

I played JSRF first, but I played JSR first on DC

Is this a guy or a gal?

Attached: Hayashi.png (276x384, 146K)

They patched it to let you replay a level at the score screen, NG+ with Yoyo and it's piss easy now.

twitter.com/hideki_naganuma/status/589054353614344192?lang=en