Alright Yea Forums, Dualshock 4 vs Xbone controller, which one wins?

Alright Yea Forums, Dualshock 4 vs Xbone controller, which one wins?

Attached: nqXkmdoodPPpWo2cHVvKBL.png (1970x1242, 1.09M)

Ds4

ds4 but I still prefer the ds1 and the original no analog sticks.

I want a version of DS4 with Xbone layout and all the fancy functions that you have on the elite.

What fancy functions?

ds4 feells like cheap garbage.

Xbone. But since its euro hours DS4 is going to be picked most

Xbone

I didn't consider that to be honest

Switch Pro

I only had the DS4 in my hands, not a bad controller but it feels sorta weird, unlike the dualshocks before it. I wonder how the xbox one is.

Honestly this. Cheap thin plastic that feels badly put together. The Xbox controller is no marvel of quality but feels way better.

DS4, but americans are waking up and a bit cranky so some might say xbone.

As an owner of both consoles I can honestly as the Xbox controller is best.
In quality, lay out and how it holds in my hands. I had to super glue triggers into the ds4 to make it comfortable and to increase the pull length and precision of them.

I’m an average size man with average size hands, I feel like the ds4 was made for small hands.

Also, the Xbox elite controller is on another level completely. PlayStation has nothing that compares to it. So much so that you can buy a dongle for the elite controller so you can use it on a PS4.

Attached: xbox.jpg (1047x792, 53K)

I felt the plastic on the dualshock 3 was lighter but somehow I haven't managed to break it. I'm not sure about the ds4, but with its weight I feel it might break easy.

Hard choice but I'm gonna have to go with Xbox one controller because all my ds4 controllers the rubber on analog stick always rips off

Attached: psquadruple.jpg (492x555, 21K)

DS4 is the one that looks like puffy vulva, though.

>I feel like the ds4 was made for small hands.

this meme needs to die already. also, if you seriously pay $200 for a fucking controller, it better be unmatched.

I wouldn't say no to either

Xbone felt of a bit for me since dat1 but ds4 is cheap as shit even though it was a huge improvement over the shit that was the ds3. I switched the pads in my ds4 for xbone ones and in this form I prefer it over the xbone controller.

The Xbox one controller has an amazing ergonomical feeling, as well as great triggers.

I’ve bought 3 of them...they only last a year. I use it a lot though, still 200 a year is steep.

I can grab the xbone controller for the exact same prize right now as a ds4 controller. I'm looking to order one and I'm undecided. Owned a ds4, didn't have many problems with it but I'm going to be honest: I still reach for my old 360 controller for games like DMC5.

Xbone.

I used to prefer the 360 pad but the DS4 has really grown on me. I didn't like the Xbone controller for some reason.

200 for a controller a year is abusive. Some of the best gamepads last for decades if taken care of properly and they didn't even cost 60 bucks.

DS4 because it works better on PC

Is the xbone controller that finicky on PC?

No it works perfectly

you need to use all sorts of fucky .dll hooks to make any game that doesnt natively support it work
with a ds4 you can just make a profile that old games will expect and it will always work.

>he's still on Windows 7

That's kinda to be expected I guess. DS4Windows does a lot of tricky shit. Xbone controller doesn't need that, but it's a xinput controller and has the issues xinput always had.

Wouldn't be surprised if it still considered LT and RT as one single axis.

Sell me on the xbone controller for

Windows 10. The thing with you and is, you're led to believe your Xinput pads "work perfectly" because you've only tried it on brand new PC games that support it.
Try and use your xinput pad on a dinput game and you'll very quickly see why its support is poor. An old PC game might expect your X and Y axis to be digital, like a pad, but your controller has it as the analog stick. Or it might expect L2 and R2 to be buttons, except you can't bind them because on an Xbox pad they are a joined Z axis. The face buttons might even be expected to be in a different order. WIth an Xbox pad you're shit out of luck, what you get is what you're stuck with. There are workarounds like Xinput Plus, but they all rely on .dll hooking which is not reliable for every game.
With a DualShock 4 you can make a few dinput profiles depending on what a game expects, and forget about it. They'll always work with every game because it replaces them at system level rather than a game-by-game basis.

This exists. SCUF Vantage. Once PC support is confirmed officially in a firmware update I'll get one to compare to my XBone Elite

Gonna be ignorant as all fuck with this one, but isn't there any way to use steam for this kind of thing? Add a non steam game, then use the steam controller thing so that you can bind custom keys to your xbone controller?

For instance, I had a DS4 with DS4Windows, sometimes I disabled it for the steam implementation so that some games would pick it up natively, but it also let me do pretty much a lot of shit that DS4Windows let me do, like bind the touchpad to different keys or use it as a mouse. So I'm wondering, couldn't you do that with steam?

Can someone tell me if the xbone controller is like this one? Because if it is I'm dodging it like a motherfucker. This thing is uncomfortable as all fuck.

Attached: nacon-compact-controller-grey-oficial-ps4-1.jpg (600x457, 46K)

Yes it's exactly like that one

You can do it on your desktop, but for games Steam still relies on .dll hooking. It can work for most things, I used to use it at one point, but it's hit or miss with whether it will work with what you want to play. Also, to adjust anything you have to go into Big Picture mode which is annoying, and Steam also has a tendency to forget your controller configurations.

>no modern controllers are like the old sidewinder with 6 face buttons and only one pair of L/R buttons
feels bad

Xbox
t. eurofag

DS4 for everything but fightan

FUCK no.
It's Dpad is trash and it's analog has deadzones for days

Aight, maybe I worded that wrong. I meant mostly the buttons and analog trigger position, since it doesn't really have the same shape.

I used both from years and xbone all the way.
First after using a PS2 for god knows how many years getting used to the different analog placement was weird but now I can barely go back to my PS4.
It just feels more natural and the build quality is better looks better no dumb led shit no underused touchscreen and the elite shits on it even more.

Ahhh, fuck. Well, good thing I can't think of a game I would want to play that requires that but still, that's shitty. You're right about steam not being so reliable for it (otherwise I would have ditched DS4Windows).

I forgot. Which one has the best d-pad?

PS4. But I personally hate both of them. DS4 is too squishy and the Xbone is too clicky and small

ds4 feels very cheap and light but xbox still uses batteries and no gyro meh neither I guess.

it works flawlessly with my bluetooth
>works on my rig

Why the heck do xbox one controllers in 2019 still use batteries, I wonder. I wish for a xbone controller that doesn't have this issue and I don't have to spend extra for a charging kit.

Don't fightPADS have that layout?

Attached: Um.jpg (1340x1225, 95K)

Alternative is the DS4 dying in like 12 fucking hours of play with no easy battery replacement option

/thread

I don't disagree with that, just saying that it'd be nice to have a good battery. Xbox one controller has less features so it could just do it by default without dying in like a minute. The DS4 has too many gimmicks and the touchpad (not the fucking lightbar, no, the touchpad) makes the battery not last much at all.

I wonder why there's not that many similarly priced alternatives. It's either cheap garbage or "pro" controllers. I just want a good gamepad for 50 eurobucks.

I just want to remind everyone that the lightbar on the DS4 does NOT have to do with its terrible battery life.

If you open up a DS4 and remove the lightbar from the main-board you will only gain 1 hour of battery life.
The DS4's terrible battery life is down to the board just being terribly inefficiently designed.

XBO: 30 hours
Switch Pro: 40 hours
Switch Joycon: 20 hours (each)
DS4: 6 hours (with the lightbar removed)

Attached: 1527627149755.jpg (400x400, 33K)

>XBO: 30 hours
Isn't that dependant on which battery you use? I mean it's a better option, at least you can replace it, you can use rechargeable batteries and all that shit. My DS4 lasts fucking nothing. I've seen someone saying "I use my DS4 8 hours a day and only have to charge it every 3 days". How the fuck does someone get 24 hours of battery life on a DS4 other than not touching it

XBO: 30 hours is based on the official Microsoft play and charge kit which allows you to recharge using the micro-USB port on the controller.

People saying that about the DS4 are liars or don't realize someone else in their home is charging it.
I removed my lightbar and it doesn't last that long at all, regardless of whether I use it with my PC or my PS4.

Nope, Xbone without a doubt but the 360 wired felt a lot better.

Ds2 was better, the joysticks on ds4 feels wrong

Anyone who has used both would tell you xbox one controller.

It's flat out better in every single way.
DS4 is the worst controller of the big 3 this generation.

Retarded low battery life, bad quality sticks, useless touch pad section, idiotic flashlight on the back, inferior stick placement.

absolutely.
DS4 is okay but DS1 and DS2 are far superior.
I agree except the stick placement.
I like both stick placements and it really depends on the game.
For retro games where you use the dpad and face buttons more, the playstation design makes more sense.
For modern games the xbox design makes more sense.

Xbone Controller >> Switch Pro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS4

>inferior stick placement
subjective

The DS4 battery life is an insult to humanity

I don't know about every single way, seems to be hit and miss with retro games.

I prefer the DS4.
I don’t like the feel or the L1-R1 (LB-RB) buttons on the Xbone pad which is disappointing as I preferred the 360 pad last gen.

Anyone has the Hori Onyx? Seems to be a pretty decent xbox layout gamepad.

Attached: 71luPuvnEuL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 111K)

I would cast my lot in for Xbone just because of easy PC support and the analog sticks.
Wired controllers suck, if I wanted to be tethered to my computer then I'd just use KB/M, I use a controller because I want to be comfy and sit on my couch or bed, and wires fuck that up
The analog sticks should be self explanatory, concave design is just so much better because your grip gets better as you tilt it instead of getting worse, and the rubber knurling is excellent for keeping your thumbs stable
The d-pad is equally garbage on both

Personal preference on swappable batteries, means the controller can in theory last forever and you don't need to spend any time charging it or having a second one to swap out, just pop new batteries in (or get a battery pack you can rotate) and you're golden
I personally prefer the symmetrical design of the PS4 controller, but all the other things make me prefer the xbone controller

ds4.

>assymetrical analogue sticks

Attached: 1548204140895.jpg (504x470, 98K)

Its not even close how much better the xbox controlller is, but I still like using these threads to keep sure thatvyes there are still ASSLBLASTED sonyghers on this board and that they haven't died off after the oneX shat all over Sony
Think about it, what kind of pathetic loser lies about pretending to like the absolute HOT GARBAGE that is the ds4
LMFAO@ur "lyves" ya babydick sonygroids L M F A O

I can't be the only one who hates the DS4 d-pad, can I? It feels uncomfortable as shit to do any kind of rolling motion because of the separated directions and the idiotic divot in the middle that makes everything feel less precise. Even though it's all one piece of plastic underneath, they've sabotaged the benefit of constructing it that way.
Then again, I just use an arcade stick for any 2D game nowadays anyway.

Undeniably it's the xbone controller. There is no argument.

Average Xbox consumer

Attached: 1551135071831.jpg (599x600, 80K)

none of the big three make good d-pads anymore, since the majority of titles just use them for menuing they're treated as a secondary input like L3/R3

>Personal preference on swappable batteries, means the controller can in theory last forever and you don't need to spend any time charging it or having a second one to swap out, just pop new batteries in (or get a battery pack you can rotate) and you're golden
this is such a stupid thing to worry about.
The XBO HAS rechargable batteries built in, it's included with a lot of the controllers but you have the option to swap to AAs if you want.

With other controllers I have to unscrew the casing and replace the battery that way, usually with a chinese battery I don't even know will be good until I try it.

XBone controller is the best gamepad out there.

It's worse for diagonals, better for cardinal directions. The one on 360 pad is the opposite where it's really easy to pull off circles but at that point you might as well use a stick. Where as you want to go left-right-left-right and that d-pad just won't let you do it very precisely.

I haven't tried an xbox one controller d-pad, I'd love to have a comparison. People say it's too clicky, but no one says if there's any travel, if it's too hard or easy to click, if it's like the 360 gamepad where left means up or what.

I'm sad there's no modern gamepad with a really good d-pad. It's all retro gamepads that suffice. The hori fighting commander, along with the classic saturn gamepads are both supposedly the best gamepads on that aspect, but they have no sticks, no analog triggers, and the former is pretty much the same price as a fucking dualshock 4 or an xbone controller.

Wait hold up. I didn't know this. I thought XBO controllers included normal non rechargeable batteries and you had to buy the extra thing.

The battery in my first Ps4 controller died and I had to buy a new one. I would've replaced the battery easily but the only replacements were from China and all the reviews were saying that they were shit.

Even if you somehow like the layout of dualshock, 4 has too much random bullshit on it: light bar (that you can't even turn off), touchpad, speaker, share button.

Xbone with gyro would be the best controller of all time

>The XBO HAS rechargable batteries built in
maybe the older ones did, but mine came with two AA batteries
not sure what you're trying to say though, are you saying that having access to your batteries is a bad thing? why is that a stupid thing to worry about? I only want one controller and I don't want to have to plug it in if my batteries get low mid-game

>I have the hands of a pussy and you need to s-stop making fun of me: the post

The 360 d-pad was cancer because it was completely indefinite. Pressing a diagonal felt no different than pressing a cardinal direction and you had no idea when you were pressing two buttons or not.

I haven't used the Xbone pad in a long time, but it's clicky because it uses metal dome contacts. Which I think feel excellent, but they will wear out with use so its a pretty questionable choice on the designer's part. There's no travel and it's very distinct since the dome is either going to be inverted if you press it or pop out like a spring nearly instantly when it's not pressed.

it depends on the box you buy.
I bought the package for my PC that includes the charging cable (microUSB with a white LED indicator on the cable), the charge pack and the controller.
Barely cost any more than the controller by itself.
What I'm saying is people complaining about XBO's replacable battery are idiots.
All batteries need to be replacable, Nintendo and Sony just make it a 5-10 minute job instead of a 5 second one.

Attached: 1544974732443.jpg (570x513, 29K)

I've tried both for PC and I think Xbone feels a bit better.

I don't play shooters on controllers at all anymore so the ds4's stick placement is way better for me. If I played mostly halo or some shit on console I'd probably say xbone.
Also I'm so used to the playstation dpad at this point I can't get into anything else.

>fat amerimutt hands can't handle human sized controllers

5-10 minutes if you can actually be arsed to disassemble it, I'll bet they're counting on most people not bothering and just buying a new one
On the other hand, I've never had a rechargable battery need replacing on a controller, my preference mostly lies on the fact I can quick swap the batteries instead of needing to plug it in

I have one controller and two battery packs I picked up for 10 bucks, I keep one charged and when the one in the controller runs low I just pop and swap and I'm ready to go

Over here it costs almost the same as buying that shit separately. I don't mind though, I will go for the newer model, those ones are the older non bluetooth ones from what I'm looking for.

I've grown used to the DS4, I find it better on souls games and platformers

The DS4 is objectively worse, but the quality control on XBone controllers (at least the ones I got) is absolute shit.
The 360 wired controller is still the best controller out there though.

DS4 fucking sucks I've had one for not even a year and the plastic has fucking opened up on the side. I treat my controllers with care too and they never even leave my room and I've never dropped them.

I want this too, if only because while preferring the ds4 all the games on windows read the buttons as xbone and it gets confusing

The DS4 needs a redesign. A V3 if you will.

-Proper battery life
-A smaller, less forced touchpad
-An actual ergonomic design and not just basically a weirder dual shock
-Pressure sensitive buttons, I don't know why they removed those
-Better analogs

Seriously

>They will wear out with use
Eh, not a problem if there's available replacement domes out there.

I use both and I honestly like the Xbone controller the best, after that the X360 controller, Dualshock 4 after that. I goddamn hate the dualshock 3.

What’s the point when people will be buying PS5 and Xbox Two in 1-2 years?

No one will be buying PS5 after how Sony fucked up this generation.
Xbox Two is poised to win next gen.

For one, many people will skip these consoles at launch unless they're affordable and backwards compatible. Some companies are also known to release newer models or revisions after their new stuff is out.

xbox is better if you have big hands, dualshock is better if you have girly asian hands

Xbone between the two. But i feel like...i can pull off better half circles with the 360. When my friend comes over, we like to play persona 4 arena. Its BC on the xbone, but we sorta prefer playing it on 360 because inputs feel smoother to pull off. Maybe were crazy

That is literally the only thing the 360 d-pad is good for. It's so easy for it to register (even accidentally) diagonals that you're guaranteed to make easy circles.