ITT: Series that have never put out a bad game. I'll start

ITT: Series that have never put out a bad game. I'll start.
>Hard Mode
Includes spin-off titles
>Very Hard Mode
More than three games
>Dante Must Die Mode
Game series has one game that is the black sheep of the series, you make a convincing argument as to why its actually a good game

Attached: maxpayne.jpg (440x280, 7K)

Explain how 3 is good.

Pokémon

Explain how it isn't
Diablo

>great gunplay
>great physics engine
>god-tier soundtrack
>great visuals
>unique setting

Amazing gunplay and setpieces, excellent in character dialogue from Max, great music and fun weapon management.
Setting is a bit of an odd change of pace but the story becomes excellent once you understand it as a character study of Max.

Care to make a case for Diablo 3?
No

Yes

On the real
1-3 great
4 alright
5 kinda bad turned me off from the series and stopped playing I only came back for ORAS

Attached: Max_Payne 3.jpg (575x591, 85K)

3 exist. Unless you count only the games by the original creators. In that case, you are right.

3 was the first, and only, MP game for them.

Wolfenstein
>Hard Mode
See pic related, the spinoff is actually the hands-down best Wolfenstein game
>Very hard mode
Castle Wolfenstein
3D
RTCW
ET
TNO
TNB
TNC
>Dante Must Die Mode
TNC has fantastic gameplay. It's too short, so it should have been $30 at most, but that bit that you get is fun as all hell. Only a /pol/fag would give a shit about the storyline in a GODDAMNED WOLFENSTEIN game. Shoot your nazis, have a great time, and shut the fuck up.

Attached: Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory_logo.png (447x223, 65K)

Pikmin.
Hey! Pikmin is actually alright. It's the best thing to come out of Artoon/Arzest.

Attached: olimar.jpg (720x665, 57K)

3 had good Gunplay but the setting (Brazil) and story was pretty lackluster and not as comfy as 1 and 2

Maybe quest for glory?

Literally zero bad games since the McRae days
>Dante Must Die Mode
Showdown was a decent game for people who wanted more rallycross and the destruction derby stuff is weird but not bad, the problem about it was that people got so sick about the X-Games shit and making a game with zero rally content didn't help either. Dirt 4 is a disappointment after Rally but it's no way a bad game.

Attached: 69581-games-review-colin-mcrae-image1-bP0JLCvcT4.jpg (970x1363, 222K)

its pretty weird how 3 was not that well received here initially and people said it was a mediocre but failed reboot attempt. now people on Yea Forums dub it as the best mp of the three. I still think 3 fell flat but I guess it is now an invalid "old good new bad" opinion.

Attached: 1542825495492.jpg (680x660, 41K)

It's because the "muh noir" meme that got around during its announcement. It's not like the "MP3 is the best" crowd are better either. It's certainly the worst in the series but it's way far from bad. The gunplay is stellar but there are many gameplay things that are still inferior compared to the previous games, and the story is dumb. It's merely okay compared to the other games.

There's just an influx of kids who never bothered to play the first two.

Great gunplay which is fun and makes up for the rest of it's shortcomings. MP3 is nowhere near as good as the previous games but it's by no means a bad game.

I've played all three and enjoyed all three and I love MP3. I still would probably put MP2 above it overall, but the gameplay felt the most visceral and satisfying in MP3. I played them all very close together too so I feel I had a relatively unbiased perspective.
I think story is great too, people shit on it for retarded dilettante reasons like the setting and claiming its a Man on Fire ripoff when the only similarities are superficial and the themes and development of the characters, as well as characters themselves, are completely different.
My opinion is MP2 > MP3 > MP1. MP1 has by far the silliest plot and most threadbare characterization and theme development although the gameplay still holds up. All three are excellent games. I unironically believe it's the anti new game bias that gets people to shit on MP3, its incredibly transparent.

the silliness is part of that john woo charm the game pays homage to. it's something both 2 and 3 lack. first max payne is kinda in a bad spot now since it's considered outdated and if you dont get the references to noir and woo movies then you'll be left with nothing but a meh shooter of a past.

Final boss is a quicktime event.
And if the story doesn't matter why are there so many cutscenes?

>2009
>TNC
Spear of Destiny was bad too

Attached: 96FC87DA-E720-42EE-A856-BE213F5D6C84.png (374x376, 221K)

>>great gunplay

>gunplay that is broken on a fundamental level
>great

Attached: 1461050544825.jpg (960x1002, 288K)

the Midnight Club series
>Hard mode
PSP spinoff LA remix
>Very Hard mode
Four mainline games.
>Dante Must Die Mode
L.A. is shat on as the black sheep but it's arguably the best in the series. Best customisation, best TECHNOLOGY, and really good multiplayer while it was up. Also, zero loading screens.

Attached: 256px-Midnight_Club-Los_Angeles.jpg (256x315, 36K)

But you can switch shoulder camera

>rather then addressing the underlying proble, add a clumsy bandaid that the player has to constantly toggle
>"great"

Attached: 1552346069272.png (403x448, 53K)

>literally too dumb to press buttons
How else you play video games

why did you post a picture of yourself?

TNO is not good

If the camera is centered then when you want to peek out to the left of a wall, the weapon in Max's right hand is going to be clipping through the wall.
Shoulder swapping solves this.

This pic is flawed since Max in MP1 isn't centered on the screen. He is slightly to the left.

Resident Evil

DMD = RE4

it defaults to right every time you aim. unless they patched that away.

>boot up Max Payne 1 because of this thread
>it stutters whether vsync is on or off and whether the FPS is capped through rivatuner or not
Nah, shit game. Can't be fucked to fix it.

Or

If you switch shoulder then aim, it always be aimed according to your shoulder's side.

m8 they're all good

Don't shitpost

Attached: Max Payne 2 physics.webm (1152x720, 2.65M)

thats not too bad but I still feel its excessive design. its like having a button to breathe and blink manually. seeing things should be instinctive and not tied to manual controls like shoulder swap.

I disagree, TNO was great, TNC was abysmal

No it isn't
>shit guns
>shit enemies
>nogun levels
>jewish techno magic instead of supernatural

Dark Souls.

>What is max payne 2

If you play all the Max Payne games, and think that MP 3 is the bad one, you're a hopeless brainlet.

The truth is that MP 2 is the only bad game in the series, instead.

Attached: 1382108028679.jpg (480x480, 86K)