Steam is in the middle of a big controversy surrounding the curation of its storefront

>Steam is in the middle of a big controversy surrounding the curation of its storefront
>Epic Games store is gaining massive traction, becoming serious competition to Steam
>Microsoft planned to bring Halo to PC, and could have been a heavy-hitting Windows 10 Store exclusive, creating even further competition to Steam.
>Instead they decide to release on Steam, completely saving it and ensuring that it will remain an unopposed storefront for years to come.

Microsoft have to be the dumbest fucks in gaming.

Attached: images (24).jpg (631x355, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=il_voCQGKa0
rockpapershotgun.com/2014/09/02/australian-watchdog-takes-valve-to-court-over-refunds/
store.steampowered.com/app/537450/ReCore_Definitive_Edition/
store.steampowered.com/app/847360/Super_Luckys_Tale/
store.steampowered.com/app/474960/?snr=1_5_9__412
store.steampowered.com/app/847370/Sunset_Overdrive/
wgno.com/2019/01/17/fortnite-security-flaw-exposed-80-million-accounts/
patreon.com/adeptussteve
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off Zhao

No, Epic sucks.

El Oso Pooh to...

Microsoft is like your entrepreneur uncle who doesn't understand shit about gaming but decided to make a console and it somehow worked out

Sounds based to me.

They made a deal you retard.

Why would they risk it. They know this will make fucking bank, why would they limit whose going to buy it. The big advantage with steam is that nearly everyone has no issue using it because its the norm.

>implying epic has even 1/10 the fanbase valve have on steam

Bro origin, uplay, bethesda launcher, blizzard have all been at this game for years now.

>Epic Games store is gaining massive traction, becoming serious competition to Steam
lol

he didnt say MS should have released it on Epic Store, he said Epic store is gaining traction and should have released on Windows 10 Store to take market share from Steam too

>b-but my manufactured controversy!
Epic shills on suicide watch confirmed

because Halo is their biggest IP and making it Windows Store only would have brought in a lot of people, I was about to buy it from Windows store if it was only on that

Yeah but halo is the game PC bros wish they had, but didn't so they just played Half-Life instead.

>Major competition

Lol

Cheng pls

based chang

see

>buying exclusives is fair game, if you don't like it don't buy it :)))))

>WTF WE NEED TO BAN PEOPLE WHO DON'T RELEASE THEIR GAMES ON EPIC! GOVERNMENT PLEASE HELP

Attached: Untitled.png (416x352, 190K)

he didnt say release the game on Epic Store, holy shit you have terrible reading comprehension

I would buy it no matter what its released on as well but there are a ton of people who wouldnt. More than enough to justify the reduced revenue share for sure.

>stop being mad at Epic, its competition :)
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP GIVING STEAM GAMES. IM SO FUCKING THIRSTY FOR EPIC COCK

Attached: 1494122137256.png (1280x836, 1.22M)

>he didn't say release it on epic
>"THESE PEOPLE DESERVE TO BE GUTTED AND KILLED FOR NOT RELEASING IT ON EPIC"

hmmm....

are you just pretending to be this retarded?

Imagine giving a shit about the financial well being of a company as if it impacted you in any way.

Says the guy on epic's payroll.

>More than enough to justify the reduced revenue share for sure.
the revenue from this game doesn't matter to them, they already made a large profit when it was originally release on Xbone, they ported it to PC to gain some good faith

even if there were people that wouldnt use their service on PC, it still would have drove in a insane number of people to Windows Store and would have helped gain a small foothold on PC gaming market

Because Microsoft is smart. They know releasing it on Steam will be the best thing for them in the long run. If they ever wanted to become actual competition to Steam they first need people to love Microsoft games.

>Microsoft makes one of the smartest decisions they've ever made by realizing nobody wants to use the Windows store and that a Steam brings in profit from non Win10 users who have been waiting for this
>HURRR MICROSOFT DUMB

T I A N A N M E N S Q U A R E

Why compete when you can just earn more money

why the hell are you so obsessed with Epic when it was never suggested to be released on Epic game store

cause companies would rather have 100% of the money instead of 70%

>it was never suggested to be released on epic, when the entire thread is whining about how Microsoft should've released their game solely on the epic store and windows store, purposely leaving steam out
>"MUH COMPETITION"

>Steam is in the middle of a big controversy surrounding the curation of its storefront
What, the controversey about loli getting censored?
The overlap between people that would buy Halo and those that give a shit about that is very small, I'd imagine.

>Halo
>being a tipping point for anything

Are we living in 2005 or something, Halo is old news. It'll sell to boomers who want to relive their shitty casual shooter days, but it's not going to decide anything

100% of a nickel is still less than 70% of a dime, dear retard

>should've released their game solely on the epic store
point to me where that was said, OP literally said it could have been Windows 10 Store EXCLUSIVE

>they ported it to PC to gain some good faith

You just answered your own question fucktard. They released it on steam to gain good faith. You're probably just some console wars fuckwit trying to knock microsoft down to justify your overpriced console of choice.

No. MS are the heroes we needed. Epic must burn.

>DUDE BOOMERS/ZOOMER XD
Fuck off to Fortnite redditor and take your meme words with you.

Attached: fuckoffnormalfaggots.png (2172x1182, 300K)

can i play it on Windows 7?
or linux?hahahahaahahahaha

Attached: halo online.png (720x810, 563K)

>They released it on steam to gain good faith.
no they released it on PC in good faith, they could have made it Windows store only and people would have been fine with it, a lot of people were hyped for Halo PC announcement and thought it was Windows Store only and didnt even expect it to be on Steam

>Xbox live and Win10 required
Uncle Bill had you by the balls.

Right after the part where he trashed steam and called it the devil, saying that epic should replace it. I'm so sick of you damn shills spamming these threads 24/7.

S T E A M G A N G

Attached: 547758.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Epic can compete by putting the Gears of War Trilogy on PC now.
Can they still do that or does Microsoft own GOW?

Attached: 1371849144031.jpg (1073x512, 119K)

>it's bad that they're releasing it on multiple storefronts, it should've been exclusive!

Okay moron. Now tell me how I benefit from that.

you are being mad over things people didnt say

>realizing nobody wants to use the Windows store
right not a SINGLE person would have used it to play their biggest franchise people were begging for

>implying absolutely anyone cares about GoW compared to halo

Attached: SamirBinHayeed.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

Absolutely seething, enjoy playing the series that paved the way for Fortnite

I would like both.

>people haven't been spamming these threads 24/7, calling you a gabe sucking valve drone if you dared to disagree

I'd love to know which reality you came from.

its been days everyone already got their clicks off of it
becoming, not is. Microsoft went where the numbers actually are and could still possibly release it on the Epic Store later
>Microsoft planned to bring Halo to PC, and could have been a heavy-hitting Windows 10 Store exclusive, creating even further competition to Steam.
They went with steam because its an untapped market. With the Windows Store people who own it digitally and subscribe to game pass will have it already. Also I'm assuming this is mainly to drum up excitement for Halo Infinite by seeking consumers outside of their ecosystem because you can pretty much bet on it being a windows store exclusive
>Instead they decide to release on Steam, completely saving it and ensuring that it will remain an unopposed
its already being apposed and I don't think nearly decade old games will change that drastically.

There is nothing good faith about charging for a download.

>implying partnering with the inarguable leading platform for PC gaming to release your largest gaming IP (while still maintaining some level of control over it as it requires an XBL account in addition to a Steam account) is in any way, shape, or form retarded.

You're a mong, this is a license to print money for everyone involved and nothing but a good thing.

Attached: avi2.png (321x260, 145K)

How long before gears on steam

>$0.65 has been deposited into your Microsoft account balance

Im talking purely from a business perspective retard, Im not even saying its bad they are releasing on multiple stores. Im going to buy it from steam I just saying they could have made be actual use their store cause how popular this series is

Microsoft is in it for the long run. They know that the biggest moneymaker for them in the coming generation is going to be their IPs and services, not their hardware. This is why Game Pass is coming to Switch and has all their latest AAA releases on it. They make far more by having recurring subscriptions from their customers compared to buying physical or even digital copies. This is the same reason why Office 365 exists.

Also note that, as far as the ad seems to describe, MCC WILL be available on the Microsoft Store. One would assume that Game Pass subscribers would get access to it that way.

Really, in my opinion, Microsoft's smartest move would be to release it on both Steam AND the Epic Store. There's very little reason not to sell your product on as many storefronts as possible, but it's entirely plausible that Microsoft just doesn't trust Epic enough at this point.

They care more about the software sales. Halo Master Chief Collection is going to sell an absolute fucking shitload. Microsoft knows that catering to PC and reigniting interest in the series is absolutely necessary for people to even have a modicum of interest in Infinite.

Attached: 1422504014561.jpg (400x396, 28K)

>people did something therefore you are the same now
hurr durr

>customer options are bad because it might hurt the corporate bottom line! We need to think about the poor starving multibillion dollar CEOs!

Just when you thought shills being here was just an exxaggeration.

What the fuck are you smoking, you blithering retard? Not even going to deign you with a direct reply. Go fuck yourself.

not an argument

Unironically this. You are guilty of their sins for supporting Epic.

>I imply things that weren't implied

boy you sure are stupid

same

>exclusives promote competition

Attached: brainlet.png (207x243, 7K)

even microsoft knows their storefront is shit

This, It's not like making it Windows store exclusive is going to make more people use the Windows store for other shit. They make way more sales this way plus the goodwill with the community. For once Microsoft did something smart, it's a strange timeline we live in.

Based Master Chief saving Steam.

Attached: 1552292371690.jpg (734x1088, 194K)

>for supporting Epic.
go ahead and point out where I did that

if only he could save xbox 1

FUCK CHINA, FUCK CALIFORNIA, FUCK EP*C, FUCK SHILLS, FUCK THE HORDES OF UNDERAGEB&, FUCK FORTNITE, FUCK TWITCH, FUCK DISCORD, FUCK THE DEVELOPER AND FUCK TENCENT STORE

Attached: 1552211347774.jpg (236x354, 15K)

>release game on steam, build goodwill with customers.
>get people actually played microsoft games on pc.

vs.
>release on windows store, people cry over it and dont buy it and start calling microsoft greedy and set them back a decade

Are we going to get a fully-featured Halo 3 forge?

>all this hostility

At least for once I wasn't called a Valve drone, despite me supporting GOG. I think the shills might be learning.

This is literally the last nail in XBone's coffin, though. MCC was that one thing it had going for itself.

Attached: 1467274534676.png (404x411, 214K)

No, OP is obviously an Epic shill that is mad that Steam is still getting all the best releases.
>>Epic Games store is gaining massive traction, becoming serious competition to Steam
This line alone confirms it.

Tiananmen Square massacre

makes me wonder why microsoft ported all of their exclusives on to pc

the what?

It was actually going to be the only game I would buy on the Windows Store... But I'm happy I can buy it on Steam instead.

>asking a question is hostility

Attached: 1513233894370.jpg (638x558, 64K)

Drives off the Chinafags

Two American BULLS coming together to laugh at Chang and his tiny cock

Attached: usf.jfif.jpg (294x171, 12K)

Reminder that the customization is gutted in the MCC and will be for Reach as well. Without armor customization the game won't feel as personal and creating 'your spartan' is fucking ruined.

>This line alone confirms it.
lol bunch of games that were going to steam are epic only, even big games like Division 2 which is selling better without steam

They don't want to alienate possible customers by only releasing it on their shit storefront. It's obvious they made some sort of deal with valve.

Microsoft is Israeli

What if they actually hired the guys working on it?

I'm sorry
I simply don't understand

Attached: 1533741156823.jpg (820x547, 43K)

>They don't want to alienate possible customers by only releasing it on their shit storefront.

So they are going to release it on PS4 and Switch?

Kek, MicroBULL owns GoW of course. They should put them on steam as well just to keep dabbing on Chang.

Obsessed

Dream on Schlomo, or is it just zhang falseflagging? Whatever the case fuck yourself.

>it took Microsoft ~18 years to realize that they own the PC market too

I support your autism brother.

Attached: no bother here.png (433x493, 106K)

>everyone in this thread is too young to remember Games for Windows Live, which is what Microsoft used to compete against Steam a decade earlier

As soon as Sony and Nintendo release their exclusives on Windows

sucking chink dicks so deep takes little effort since chink dick is very small and not thick
the only thing one can read from this announcement is that even MS knows that win10 store is fucked and nobody wants to buy games from there
epic game store without reviews or forums will still be moderately successful but will never ever be a threat to STEAM
all praise LORD GABEN

People do care about using the windows store. Any attempt at gaining good faith would be out the window if they didn't go on steam. The last couple of big releases on the windows store led to a ton of people being very upset. Steam is very safe, and this is a very safe move all around. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Microsoft's been putting their games onto Steam for a while now.

>No DMC 5
>No RE2
>No Sekiro
>No MK11
>No AC7
>No DoA 6
>No Shenmue 3
>No Code Vein
>No Outer Worlds
Nah, Epic is pretty trash.

Gabe's a washed up old fuck but at least he's not Chinese

>deleted
BASED

Attached: 44606630_2121212131475726_3995896813235208192_n.jpg (960x960, 82K)

it would be a pretty dope break for those guys and the fresh devs for 343i might turn out to be a good influence.

Attached: halo 5 is gay.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

You really think jews dont got their hands in Microsoft? lol

Too young? Dark Souls used that shit.

I KNOW YOU'RE THE ONE THAT DELETED THESE ZHANG

Not how it works, they dont their games on every platform. Microsoft does

Why is your focus on microsoft? Why wouldn't some greedy kikes want to work at valve or epic as well?

i fully expect them to fuck up something else soon

I remember when Halo came out on the Playstation as well.

>reddit worlds
>code vein looks like ass
>Shitnmue 3

prettynice list, PRAISE THE GABEN FOR NOT BEING CHINK
this might be a good pasta for a while

Nobody should want to work at Valve. Place is a shitfest.

>compete
a lot of games on steam also used gfwl, it was annoying as fuck and still is for the few that still do.

FUCKING. WHEN.

Attached: 1507991124711.jpg (600x400, 141K)

Not me, and I'm sure there's plenty of other people who wouldn't. I bought my xbone for MCC and now it's a great backwards machine to play Hueg and 360 games.

> not owning a 360
You have to be 18 to post here

Cause valve and epic are game companies, Microsoft is a spyware company which jews love to control

Microsoft obviously don't care for exclusives so why not

>Microsoft obviously don't care for exclusives
Retard, this will be exclusive to Windows and Xbone, platforms they own.

Because Microsoft doesn't release their games on Playstation.

why not just release it on all platforms, that'd make it the most consumer friendly
not that anyone would choose anything other than steam but

Attached: 1548912213450.png (645x773, 11K)

The point here is that compared to Microsoft, Epic might as well not even exist in this discussion.

Microsoft vs Valve is a real thing that already happened. Epic could never compete with Microsoft and so it's absurd to think they could compete with a company who already has.

After my 3rd one red ringed I gave up on that whole generation, do not assume someones age by what console he owns. My super and regular nintendo still function but anything with a disk drive has no mileage.

Steam is one of the worst things to happen to gaming

You all gave up Half Life 3 just for the chance to buy a few shit games you never play for a few dollars once or twice a year.

If Valve had never been allowed to rest on their laurels and just make money from being a store they would have had to develop so many more games and tech.

Lol, you guys literally killed valve by buying shit they didn't make from them

I play the vast majority of my games from Steam. The rest from GOG or the odd old disc. Somebody was inevitably gonna make a Steam and I'd rather it be Valve than Wildtangent.

Even if I still owned my 360, why would I ever use it if I owned an boner? It would be like, 7 or 8 years old at this point and liable to red ring. I think the disc drive was getting kinda fucky before I sold it too.

But they don't own steam and will only get 70% of the profits, if they release on ps4 they also get 70% profits

The internet is what ruined gaming.
could you imagine getting games that worked great day 1 because they cared enough to playtest it, no DLC no microtransactions and to that end no steam you are not digging to the root of the problem.

I've heard rumors they might have been involved. Apparently they'll talk about it soon.

When is the game coming out ?
This year ?

Half-Life 3 not coming out isn't because of Steam. It's just because Valve's lack of structure makes it a shitshow to actually get anything done. That's why they'll end up cancelling things that are basically done because there was a disagreement over how big to make Alyx's cock.

There are plenty of games that aren’t backwards compatible and never will be, fuck off

>microsoft takes a giant, steaming dump on epic

T O P K E K
O
P
K
E
K

Attached: 1512512060759.jpg (250x241, 11K)

They knew that this would give them more sales, and they seem to have mostly given up on the windows store. It's not really a shock dude.

MAJOR LEAK NOT A DRILL SOMEBODY SAVE THIS I'M AT WORK UNABLE TO RIGHT NOW SOME DUMB ZOOMER BROKE NDA SAVE THIS!

youtube.com/watch?v=il_voCQGKa0

REACH LOOKING LIKE IT'LL HAVE AN EXTENDED ENDING OR EXTRA MISSION

NEW FEATURES REVEALED

SAVE THIS!!!!

Attached: IMG_0986.jpg (843x843, 74K)

>imagine getting games that worked great day 1
A lot of old games didnt work great day 1 before internet

> 12 views
Fuck off and stop shilling yourself faggot

Wow its almost as if Microsoft learned from Halo 2 "Vista" (also works on xp but just upgrade!) GFWL was critized for years and im glad its on steam regardless of the xbox live acccount which will be used for crossplay likely

>Microsoft have to be the dumbest fucks in gaming.
No shit retard. It took them 12 years to release these games on their own fucking platform.
That being said I'm glad it's on Steam.

this might be the most retarded thing i've ever read in my life

Attached: 1521097636477.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Steam isn't a direct competitor with the Xbone

IT'S ACTUALLT FUCKING REAL I CAN'T SAVE IT AT WORK AND MY PHONE INTERNET CAN'T POST ON /vg/ JUST SAVE IT THERE

USE THAT YOUTUBE ALTERNATIVE IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME I WAS BROWSING BASED ON NEWEST CREATED VIDEO AND FOUND IT BEFORE THEY TOOK IT DOWN

Attached: IMG_0971.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

Name some worth playing. Halo, Gears, Ace Combat, Viva Pinata, Lost Odyssey, all BC. I'm running out of exclusives to care about.

>no one buys anything on the windows store
>release it on both windows store and steam to get maximum money possible
>t-they're so retarded guys!
fuck outta here you chink

Right, and that's why Micro keeps Win10 store alive?
Oh yeah... Age of Empires Remastered did "SO WELL". GTFO, SHILL

>microsoft was the bottom-of-the-barrel gaming giant for this generation
>fucked up too many things and people jumped ship to Sony or PC
>introduce Game Pass and MCC less than a year apart, almost at the end of the current generation
>manages to save Steam and shit all over Epic, while giving themselves a decent safety net with the huge success of Game Pass
This is a Ted Cruz redemption arc and I couldn't be more happier. Absolute legends

Attached: 1483499604820.gif (288x162, 1021K)

Fuck Epic Games. Fuck Tencent. Fuck the Chinese takeover. Fuck OP.

We won't get more information until Sunday. In the mean time help me get this door open.

Attached: I got the door guys.jpg (831x614, 58K)

It's a re-release of old games that have already made them billions of dollars

A 30% cut is an insignificant cost to give people another reason to upgrade to Windows 10 and get Live accounts.

I'm not going to but please keep posting tiddies I'm working too and they raise my spirits

halo has been on PC for 16 years

What are you even trying to say, retard?

Ironically this is good for their platform. When was the last time people talked about halo on this scale up until now? Halo was dead and irrelevant, and releasing on steam brought it back and got people back into the mood for playing halo

Undoubtedly this will generate a shit ton of hype for infinite, which will be a launch title for the next xbox. I think their goal with this was to revive halo as their flagship franchise to boost hype and sales for the next gen

Good. Valve has proven that their monopoly is overall good for the customer. I'll take that over a segmented marketplace any day

because fuck china.

Then they could have made in windows store only and gave people a reason to actually use it

PLEASE JUST COPY AND PASTE MY POST TO /vg/'s HALO GENERAL THEY'LL TAKE CARE OF THE REST I DON'T WANNA LOSE THIS IT'S LIKE A 20 MINUTE VIDEO I DIDN'T WATCH IT ALL BUT HE'S CASUALLY DROPPING WHAT IS AVAILABLE IN THE OPTIONS MENU AND STUFF BIG DEAL

Attached: IMG_0990.png (734x1144, 337K)

Holy delusions, reminder valve didnt support refunds until they were sued to do it

No one gives two shits about refunds. Don't buy bad games

I'd rather have a steam monopoly and deal with their policies than have china or microsoft have any say at all. The controversies for steam don't exist for epic because epic just flat out doesn't have the level of freedom for consumers and are slaves to their insectoid tencent share holders, they can't have stuff like reviews that bring controversy but are objectively good for consumers because they want the market to be like china's state controlled garbage. Seriously fuck china, burn it all.

false, they added them due to EU law. they were sued by australia years later. Begone with you Pao Feng.

There I did it now just post more tits and we're even

70% of a lot is better than 100% of hardly anything

They've learned that lesson the hard way in the past, and that was when they hadn't lost a console generation.

RIP Epic game store. You were shit, had no features and no good exclusive.

This is what fanboyism does to your brain

They literally fought EU in court to not give you the option to refund

If anything, this just shows Microsoft learned to expect little from their own store.

Thanks nigger spme autist there will know it's real

Attached: IMG_0836.jpg (720x960, 108K)

That is because you did not game pre internet

Like you said its a rerelease that made them billions already, it would have been smarter to gain a small foothold in the PC market rather then make a extra cent

Them being forced to have it is infinitely better than some slant eye'd chink telling you to fuck yourself when you want a refund.
fuck you, if you don't abuse it you can use refunds to test games for yourself, it's a very good system.

Nothing China does or will ever do will be pro global consumer. They will fight tooth and nail to be able to fuck you at every turn.

No they didn't. They were told to implement a refund system in because EU law stated that you could be refunded if a product does not function.

They implemented their own version of it shortly after. Read the wiki, Bao Sheng.

tits are appreciated

And yet didnt do it before when other country told them too

rockpapershotgun.com/2014/09/02/australian-watchdog-takes-valve-to-court-over-refunds/

MS owns Gears

Epic offers refunds retard

>>Epic Games store is gaining massive traction, becoming serious competition to Steam

What the fuck am I reading?

Through a fucking annoying process that's 100x more complicated and involved than steam's "Gimme a refund pls" button.

>massive traction
Literally where? Nobody I know even has it downloaded

But it already has 6 games that aren't on Steam! And some of them are selling great, please believe us, no hard data though!

I feel bad for Metro honestly. I loved the other games but I'm not about to download their bullshit for one game.

Are we getting raided by chinks?

Bro, Epic has like 4 whole game and like 5% of the features of Steam at twice the price per game. They even give you free copies of garbage from 5 years ago you would never have bought.

Except steam isn't just a simple button press refund

Yeah taking 5 seconds is too much

It literally is though. Below 2 weeks and 2 hours of playtime you're 100% getting an automated refund with just some click in the "Help" tab.

Why are you eager to jump through hoops to please your corporate masters? No never mind. We all know why.

having the program on your machine isn't just "5 seconds" you absolute moron, shill harder for the fucking chinese as if they wouldn't step around your burning body instead of pissing on you to put out the fire.

when Yang get in power you wont laugh anymore

They get paid either way and Exodus is already cracked. Just torrent it, its worth playing through but I honestly enjoyed it less than 2033 and LL.

>Epic Store is gaining massive traction

Attached: 1542918253828.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Name the games worth playing that arent already backwards compatible

noo EPic bros we got too cocky

>REEEE WHY IS A GAME I WANT ON A STORE I DONT LIKE REEE

Attached: 1551357452292.jpg (768x1024, 198K)

>steam spends 15 years carrying PC gaming on its back
>thinking a store sniping some games is gonna do anything

EA took all their games in 2011 and it didnt do anything

>downloading chink spyware just to play ubishit
>still have to launch uplay to play the game

Attached: 1523461944715.png (327x316, 165K)

>implying the Jews at Valve didn't pay off the Jews at Microshit

Epic should've coughed up the dough.

In fairness to Tencent, Origin is probably the worst-designed anything in human history.

umm... anons...
did they ever fix this piece of shit?

"Controversy" implies there's more than one point of view to the situation.
There isn't.
Steam bans loli and nazi stuff, I stop buying stuff on steam. ez pz.

>can i play it on Windows 7?
>or linux?
probably considering the state of WINE + DXVK + Proton
whether they kick/ban you from the online is an entirely different matter but the single player campaign should work day 1
I look forward to finishing the fight after 10 years.

Well, to Microsoft's credit, Bing is a LOT less of a propaganda dispenser than Google.
Their spyware can fuck itself with a rusty rake though. If they could get a version of their services without botnet tracking I'd probably use it.

Press D to dab on Epic

Attached: 1552335271201.jpg (400x453, 25K)

That basically means you stop buying video games. No online store is gonna be selling loli or nazi shit. Pirating the games then means you're punishing the developers for a decision they didn't make.

Usually the devs have their own BTC link and I use that. Crypto may be a meme but you can't stop transactions of it.

Thanks Ross!!

Underage shouldn’t be allowed on Yea Forums

Oddly enough all the other Xbone games not officially ported by MS, Super Lucky's Tale/Sunset Overdrive/Recore, were able to be ran in W7, W10 was only required for the MS ports due to only being sold on the W10 store

What fucking dogshit ‘games’ are you playing where the devs have to resort to begging for buttcoins?

I'd say Windows 7 is doubtful, since nce they're dropping supportand security updates early next year. This would be a good way to push a lot of games to adopt Windows 10.

what's the source of this image? for research purposes

>In fairness to Tencent, Origin is probably the worst-designed anything in human history.

Not at all. It's basically Steam minus the worthless bloat, and Steam itself is basically terrible and all but abandoned development wise. Atrocious customer support and refund policy compared to Origin too.

A fair chunk of Translated or Non-JP VN's and H Games often allow you to buy their game directly from their website. Most of the time they're also available on other platforms and storefronts.

Attached: systemic racism in the american law enforcement system.jpg (576x562, 68K)

You have to be joking right? Steam's not perfect but at least it's functional. Origin is absolutely fucking useless.

Sunset overdrive works on Windows 7?, do go on

Check out Windows 10 LTSC. It's a version of Window 10 stripped of 95% of all it's bullshit intended for systems that aren't going to receive updates often (or ever). However Microsoft don't really like you having it so you're going to have to pirate it.

You still have to disable a few telemetry services but after that you'll be good.

This motherfucker pays money for 2d porn.

Listen we’re taking vidya not your fap material.

You buy porn? The fuck is wrong with you? These are kind of people weighing on a debate about digital storefronts? Wow.

>>Instead they decide to release on Steam, completely saving it and ensuring that it will remain an unopposed storefront for years to come.
Nobody cares about Halo anymore.

store.steampowered.com/app/537450/ReCore_Definitive_Edition/
store.steampowered.com/app/847360/Super_Luckys_Tale/
store.steampowered.com/app/474960/?snr=1_5_9__412
All of these games can run on Windows 7

>I don’t care about Halo anymore
Not sure why you think anyone cares about your opinion.

They aren't just releasing it on Steam though
>Later this year, these classic Halo experiences will start to arrive on PC via the Microsoft Store and, for the first time in the series - on Steam.
It's probably gonna be like Ark where they release it on both but in order to play with xbox players, you need the windows store version

None of those are sunset overdrive

halo has had shrinking sales for 2 games now, nobody cares about Halo anymore. Stay mad

They get more people on their platform because you'll still need an account. Also a positive PR move to pull in face of Epic's fuckery.

Attached: Capture.png (305x49, 7K)

store.steampowered.com/app/847370/Sunset_Overdrive/
Steam's URLs were being fucky

Xbone tanking is part of that though, not the games

>epic game store is serious competition to steam

Attached: 1551273571918.jpg (845x828, 50K)

>bad sales after gen switch where they are no longer top multiplat console.
WOOOOOW

They're planing to buy steam in the near future

It's a Wii U, who gives a fuck about it, the Xbox Arcade and Pro is what matters now.

>he never hosted halo lan parties on pc back in the day

Fuck off chink shill.

Attached: 1548013712561.jpg (1800x1189, 536K)

>I use epic launcher

Attached: 1523142767668.png (665x800, 54K)

this but put master chief in it, please drawfags

Weren't they bitching about Microsoft having their own marketplace for their own games like 10 years ago? So what now that EA and Ubisoft have successfully made a profit out of bringing console war shit to the PC platform they all the sudden changed their tune and want their own? I personally don't care that Epic has their own launcher and marketplace, but they can fuck right off trying to act like hording exclusives with their shitty launcher makes them somehow better.

They know their own store is broken as shit

>instead of console wars, there are people trying to push fucking digital download store wars
gayest thing i've seen all day

Attached: 1529358401547.png (606x1000, 384K)

>gayest thing i've seen all day
I see you haven't looked in the mirror yet.

I think they've finally realized no one uses the microsoft store. Thank FUCK this is the game they finally decided to bend the knee.

Half-Life 3 would have been absolute dogshit so that's no true feat. Every big shooter after HL2 copied it's narrative structure and the shooting genre eventually got iterated to the point of perfection, so what made HL great in the first place doesn't even exist anymore. If HL3 came out today, instead of being an innovator and trailblazer like its predecessors it'd just be another """cinematic""" shooter in a saturated genre

Were it so easy...

Steam has made gaming a thousand percent more convenient at the cost of a sequel to a game I didn't like that much anyway

I grew up on Half-Life so I admit it hurts that we won't get another but Steam is definitely worth the sacrifice if it's even the reason for no HL3 (which is doubtful)

I'm the one who drew that pic. I'm away from my PC but when I get home I will make an edit for you user.

bumping for this

>Windows 10 Store
>in any way "heavy-hitting"
Not even Halo can save that trash fire. It's clear they designed it purely for small apps, and not games.

I can't believe there's people that actually support epic's jew shit and non-steam platforms my god has this board died

Attached: 4848484848.jpg (206x196, 7K)

Yeah, that platform that's only reason to exist within the market as said by head of marketing is "It's lightweight and easy to use"
That's their only reason besides having fortnite on it.
they will never compete or have the features steam does and they CONFIRMED IT.

Attached: reclaimer team epic.jpg (512x512, 51K)

haha

Like 90% of what you hear about that fucking thing is people wanting refunds or being seriously pissed off because they're getting screwed over by preorders or kickstarters being yanked from Steam to go Epic exclusive

Nobody loves that store, it's name is inching towards being poisonous

I've never even heard anybody even say they have the client installed

fuck off. competition is good and steam is the fucking worst

>steam is the fucking worst

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH WHAT A FUCKING JOKE

Attached: 654987159657423.jpg (720x480, 54K)

Epic still takes 12%

been a good few years but I just lost the game

Why are you faggots trying to take away my workshop? You obviously don't game on PC. Mods enable HUNDREDS of hours of extra content and steam makes it so fucking convenient that all you have to do is click a button a single time, and your mod is installed, and you can do this an infinite number of times. Fuck off, steam is here until Gabe dies and someone incompetent takes over.

Hope they do the same with the Gears games and AoE1: Definitive.

Also AoE IV if it ever comes out.

This is especially true for Paradox games. You either have to get mods from the Workshop or their shitty official forums. Only alternative is to get them from a sketchy Russian site that probably isn't the most recent version.

>Was going to buy a Xbox because tired of nogaems /osx/ life.
>Gears Ultimate and Gears 4 on PC.
>Gears 5 on PC.
>Halo: The MCC collection on PC.
>Halo Infinite on PC.
>Halo Wars on PC.
>D4 on PC.
>Quantum Break on PC.
>Killer Instinct on PC.

>Just decide to upgrade RAM and by an EGPU, bootcamp into windows, and enjoy 4k content.

Welcome home

I'll only get it if someone makes a nude elite mod

holy shit kill yourself dude

> epic chills quiet now
> working hours just ended in china
Makes you think.

>Epic Games store is gaining massive traction
But it really isnt

Damn you zoomers are getting more and more spoiled day by day.

>competition is good

Is this what defines a lefty?

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAVE ME MAO ZEDONG WE DON'T NEED A CUSTOMER SUPPORT SYSTEM WE NEED TO BUY OFF MORE DEVELOPERS TO KILL STEAM

That's the basis of capitalism you two-headed spermatozoon.

It's fucking dying man, nothing is happening over there and people are abandoning Fortnite like the sinking ship it is. In 1 year no one will even want to aknowledge they used that stinking pile of shit. It has had its 5 minutes.

Is this an ironic post

Competition IS good, but epics style of competition isn't. That's what these brainlets don't seem to get.

Precisely. Instead of trying to get the market by making games exclusive, they should be making their platform better than Steam.

>gears of war
>still relevant

I dunno man I'd probably buy 2 just for the nostalgia. Not from the Epic store but you know

I'm going to post a quick reminder to all you faggots here since you clearly still don't get the message. If you buy your games on ERICs store please stop posting on the steam forums asking for help and advice. Use your own forum, thanks.

>controversy
It wasthe talk for 1 day? Noone cares again
>epic store going anywhere
LMAO
>steam bad
Nah Steam IS PC.

Even they know Microsoft store is shit

Imagine if that rumor about Valve considering Unreal for Left 4 Dead 3 is true and it came out with a portion of its profits going to Epic. That would be a laugh.

That would be hilarious since the source engine is miles better than the unreal engine. Only problem is they stopped working on it. I honestly wish valve would invest in developing their engine and games again.

>bad mouth microsoft and windows 10 for a couple of years
>his store gets shat all over by them
tim sweeny on suicide watch

Attached: 1413178262984.jpg (200x200, 17K)

>he didn't grow up with halo custom edition on pc or use HMT to make ARs shoot homing rockets and pistols shoot scorpion shells

bro he's a false flagger trying to get you to defend Epic

microsoft knows that the players hate epic

they want to sell more copies so no epic
the pocket money they give to indie devs are not enough to buy it

Based - check
Redpilled - check

Source is a bitch and a half to work with though. Unreal is admittedly more user-friendly.

>Epic Game Store gives Steam competition
>It's good for the market!
>Steam solidifies its place in the market with a power release
>Wah competition bad now!

Attached: dab_on_them_elves.gif (1280x1057, 342K)

>thinking streams need something like gaylo when they have Dota 2 or CS:GO
lmao

Wouldn't that be PUBG?
And then before PUBG, the mods made by PU for ARMA?
Yeah that's right fucker, PUBG spawned from ARMA mods, not from Halo!

Battle Royale (2000 movie) -> DayZ Battle Royale Mod -> PUBG -> Fortnite!

It's almost like your dumb ass is just making shit up, huh?

>sonyfag thinks halo is coming to his nogames box

NEVER EVER

Attached: 1546814150847.gif (346x195, 1.56M)

Fucking kek

>use shitty service to play only 1 game
>never use service outside of that
yea microsoft would have been so smart to make it an exclusive on a service no one uses, little know about, and is a shitty distribution platform. Sorry but microsoft has little talent in the area of releasing games and brand awareness at this point. And trying to solely rely on a single franchise thats been tainted by 343 would be too risky when steam has a massive install base and a massive amount of people in their ecosystem who are actually buying games.

>mfw microsoft is based and helping steam shit on epic

Attached: 449.gif (607x609, 821K)

I like how people always think they are smarter than big corporations where decisions are made by dozens of people

They'd also have to front development costs, as the PS4's OS doesn't use a lot of the shit Windows/Xbox likely requires for Halo to function without major rewrites to code.

I.e. fucking directX for starters

It never ceases to make me laugh that some people actually think Epic stepping into the storefront game was because they wanted developers to get fairer deals

Tell that to the PUBG devs, one of their clients, that they wholesale fucking stole from.

Gimme the quick rundown here. I haven't heard the story.

Based! Based!

Oh yeah, how is that lawsuit working out for them?

boo hoo tiananmen square massacre 1989

Friendly reminder that big corporations are run by people like me. Not everyone who posts here is a weeb on wellfare. Sometimes the people in charge cause huge fuckups and they pay the price for it. It's not about being part of a huge corporation, it's about being smart which most people aren't.

>>Steam is in the middle of a big controversy surrounding the curation of its storefront
What controversy? Bloggers that dont play video games shitting in your general direction does not count as a controversy

>Gimme the quick rundown here. I haven't heard the story.

PUBG licensed the Unreal Engine, made the runaway hit Battle Royale game with it.

Epic saw that, thought "hey, nice game you got there" and took all it's ideas and grafted them into their failed co-op PVE game Fortnite, and released the result for free completely undercutting PUBG

Epic could completely shit in PUBG's face because as the people who made the engine they could make something without PUBG's faults (notoriously poor optimization at the time) and PUBG couldn't even add notable features to their game without Epic knowing and being able to steal them since guess who they would have to work with to implement things at the engine level?

It's an enormous, comical conflict of interest. It's pure laughs that thinks PUBG not being able to take on the company that could literally revoke their license on a whim and who was pumped up on hundreds of millions of dollars made of stealing PUBG's lunch at the legal level is some repudiation of them

People obviously make mistakes, but this cannot be a decision made solely by one person. I’m pretty sure it takes days/weeks of discussions before such s decision is made

>>Steam is in the middle of a big controversy
There hasn't been a single fucking year since 2013 where there wasn't a controversy surrounding Valve

This is the slanty bug man mentality

Microsoft is pissing on chinks, so that alone makes them based as fuck.

Meanwhile not a single console manufacturer supports refunds on digital products that you've already started downloading/playing, so yea, Valve is largely much more consumer-friendly.

epic has like 20 games or less how the fuck is it a competition

>chinks
>people
Pick one

What I find funny is that there are no Japanese games on Epic. The Chinese and the Japanese traditionally hate it each other.

Fuck off with this console war shit shill.

Everyone is happy but the faggots at epic who now realise their pied piper act with the 10 year olds won't hold for long.

Better than the recent Epic controversy of losing unencrypted passwords for 9 million accounts.

Did this happen?

The fact that they put it on Steam and not just kept it on W10 store tells me they really do care about not separating the community because of petty faggots like you, for a lot of people the Windows Store would've been a huge barrier for them when deciding if they wanted to buy the game or not, but know that it's on steam there's literally zero excuse to not have it.

>unopposed storefront
Why do people keep saying this? There's a good amount of other digital distributors that aren't just key resellers. Uplay, Origin, GoG, Battlenet, Amazon, Itch.io, Bethesda, Epic's new storefront they made after getting fat from fortnite, don't even fucking forget Microsoft Store when you're talking about Halo. Those are the ones I know of, I don't remember if Square Enix has their own digital store.

They gave Windows 7 DirectX12 support just now and pretty much only because of this Halo bundle despite that OS being slated to die this year.

I was also surprised that it will be on steam, instead of the windows store, especially with steam backing proton and trying to make non-windows gaming more streamline.

it will be on windows store as well

Half of those lines aren't even true.

>el oso puto
Kek

>Microsoft rescued Valve from the red menace

Based and redpilled

Steam literally has done nothing to wrong the consumer. I don't care if people spam their shitty nazi games on Steam. I never see that shit for one.

Win10 store is for Forza Horizon and nothing else you monkey

Oh i am laffin

wgno.com/2019/01/17/fortnite-security-flaw-exposed-80-million-accounts/

yeah, but the gaming press didn't report on it since they want epic to dethrone steam so they can start pushing their agenda under a tightly controlled games market

>mfw Epic went all out with paid marketers and shills, but got absolutely shat on by Microsoft of all companies
I can't wait for Fortnite to die so these fucks have to start putting in actual effort into their games

forgot my face

Attached: IMG_1579.jpg (549x556, 27K)

I hate epic solely because they had the nerve to start their own store like this after being in the limelight for a while, cocky retards.

Now valve gets not only halo but they're also getting a fuck load of money from apex legends.

>Steam literally has done nothing to wrong the consumer.

They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to implement the barest minimum consumer protections

Their customer service is still virtually non-existent.

Steam lets you refund without fucking doxxing yourself.

The only service that has good customer service is Origin and GoG. Are you going to use them? You can't even refund on Epic Store.

>I want more than 1 shitty spyware client on my PC
I honestly prefer Steam's monpoly over having to deal with Epic's and EA's jewery as well.

NICE
you just got a lot of us on a list, thanks.

But can I play it on my Playstation 2? No? Microsoft is finished!

So do we now have storefront war faggotry to go along with console war faggotry?
Either way, fuck it. I can't wait to make some god awful forge maps with my old Xbox pals while we get blackout drunk.

Attached: 1533418455514.png (415x353, 111K)

jaja

It all makes so much sense why they killed Halo Online now.

SON OF A BITCH

Attached: 1211212131321.jpg (225x224, 6K)

>everyone that provides any criticism in regard to steam is a chinese shill! xD
epic, get buttfucked by gabe some more

Attached: charls fuck you.png (300x300, 140K)

Steam's not perfect but it's certainly better than the Tencent Games Store.

This

Steam superiority is unmatched, its litterally Yea Forums games, you can say anything post anything and never be banned unless you are straight out cheating (or posting cp)

Salutations brother

lmfao the absolute delusion

ur gonna haveta' sauce senpai

Juliette Michele

patreon.com/adeptussteve

Not really.
As someone who works in a corporate office for a company that provides services to over 5000 different businesses, you clearly know nothing about how the corporate world works.
Most major decisions are made between 2-5 people heading a department with MAYBE some slight input from the rest of the department.

2 is the best Halo in every aspect

don't (you) me

Yeah, I think there might come a deeper integration and cooperation between Microsoft and Steam.

Graphics are an aspect

343 games dont count

Reach was the best-looking one in my opinion

ur a saint

@454341256
>best campaign
subjective but most would heavily disagree

>best multiplayer
objectively wrong

I think the sad part is that they provide better customer service than literally every console manufacturer.

Stopped reading there.

Theres alot of cool games i would buy if they were on steam. Mass effect 3, Metro etc. Either way just keep jamming my same old games.

Ohhhh say can you BAAAASed

I liek halo :)

This is cool!

you need xbox live to play it anyway and they will for sure make a windows store version too

would make sense for them to put it on epic, discord and gog aswell since we dont need to do that console exclusive bullshit on an adults machine

the problem is Epic wouldn't allow it on other stores.
I'm not a steam drone but epic is really cancerous.

microsoft know that 30% isnt alot since its what they take for the sale of every single xbox one game sold

Attached: 1542105632081.jpg (2448x3264, 602K)

actually its the poos who got microsoft
EA did open up an israeli division last year tho

Wow what a surprise